PDA

View Full Version : Olivier Tebily & Julius James

hrvat87
05-15-2008, 02:01 PM
R we ever going to see these 2 get playing time...I'm sure James is fine to play now arfter his injury,as hes been playing games with the reserve...

let's hear some thoughts

ChrisLav
05-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Given that Wynne/Marhsall/Velez/Brennan are are possibilities for National time duty, they'll get their share of playing time.

trane
05-15-2008, 02:04 PM
I would like to see them play. But I guess that Carvers thought is if it is not broken do not fix it.

hrvat87
05-15-2008, 02:06 PM
i think carver is confident with the back 4 that hes using right now as he has every right to because they been doing a good job last couple games.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-15-2008, 02:09 PM
unbeatin in 4...Let it ride!! They'll get there chance!

giambac
05-15-2008, 02:10 PM
R we ever going to see these 2 get playing time...I'm sure James is fine to play now arfter his injury,as hes been playing games with the reserve...

let's hear some thoughts

They will get some playing time in the CC matches. I think Carver will want to rest some of his regulars against the weaker teams from the USL.

It will be their opportunity to impress the coach and if so you will see them when some of the regulars have international duties (Wynn, Edu, Guevera etc)

hrvat87
05-15-2008, 02:12 PM
weaker team in the USL....obv you dont know much bout the USL

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-15-2008, 02:14 PM

QFT! :)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-15-2008, 02:14 PM
giambac (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?u=253)
Please join TRN!

Oldtimer
05-15-2008, 02:18 PM
They will get some playing time in the CC matches. I think Carver will want to rest some of his regulars against the weaker teams from the USL.

It will be their opportunity to impress the coach and if so you will see them when some of the regulars have international duties (Wynn, Edu, Guevera etc)

Some MLS clubs do that for USOC, but Carver already said he's playing his top 11. CCL entry is just too valuable a prize.

adammac
05-15-2008, 02:23 PM
The season is going to be long so players like Tebily, James, Rosenlund. Phalen, Lombardo will get some playing time.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Does anyone else think the long stretch of not playing these past 2 weeks will really hurt Velez???

I think it will hurt him! and i had a nightmare last night that Velez's good little run that he has been having will come crashing down in flames on Saturday...I think that Velez will lose the game for us, thus ending our streak, and he will be relagated to the bench!! oh man what a fucking nightmare!!

ensco
05-15-2008, 02:40 PM
you'll see them soon

also expect to see more of Cunny and Smith and Harmse

5 matches in 14 days

bee dubya
05-15-2008, 02:42 PM
These two will see some playing time eventually but I don't think Carver is going to change things up until he has to. Velez had a rough start to the season but he's improved with every game and Carver must see something in him to keep him on the field. I think with the group of games over the next little while you'll see some of the bench players with some more playing time, if not an occasional start.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Does anyone else think the long stretch of not playing these past 2 weeks will really hurt Velez???

I think it will hurt him! and i had a nightmare last night that Velez's good little run that he has been having will come crashing down in flames on Saturday...I think that Velez will lose the game for us, thus ending our streak, and he will be relagated to the bench!! oh man what a fucking nightmare!!

Does anyone else see this nightmare scenerio happing???:eek:

ensco
05-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Does anyone else see this nightmare scenerio happing???:eek:

you're eating too much cake

MKR
05-15-2008, 03:10 PM
NO. i see Velez scoring 2 more goals in the next four games. hahah!

Rawkus_420
05-15-2008, 03:19 PM

Weaker USL teams, you mean like the whitecaps that beat the galaxy when they fielded their best squad??

They will get playing time when national duty comes around, but not until then, unless we get rocked in a game with several defensive lapses, then he might switch it up, tillt hen you will see the same back four.

JonO
05-15-2008, 03:26 PM
So you're saying you believe that the USL is on par with the MLS? Really???

invictusTFC
05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
I think certain players like Velez are on the bubble. He's been enjoying a good run as of late and Carver is doing well to keep him in there. However, if he shits the bed in the next game you'll see either James or Tebily get the start in the following game.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-15-2008, 04:32 PM

No, i don't think all of USL is on par....but, that being said...I think Vancouver and Montreal actually field pretty good teams that can definitely compete! i guess time will tell..

Ossington Mental Youth
05-15-2008, 04:33 PM

nobodies saying that, just saying they shouldnt be dismissed as complete shit, especially montreal and vancouver who have great histories and records

Red CB Toronto
05-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Velez will for sure see National duty, no doubt about it.

JonO
05-15-2008, 04:41 PM
No, i don't think all of USL is on par....but, that being said...I think Vancouver and Montreal actually field pretty good teams that can definitely compete! i guess time will tell..
Fair enough - and what I'm saying is that I feel it is a far bigger accomplishment to win the MLS cup and be the best of the MLS than to win the Canada Cup and be better than Montreal and Vancouver. That is why it is a no brainer for me as to which one is more important.

Never suggested that TFC couldn't lose to Montreal or Vancouver, but certainly we are the more talented team.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Fair enough - and what I'm saying is that I feel it is a far bigger accomplishment to win the MLS cup and be the best of the MLS than to win the Canada Cup and be better than Montreal and Vancouver. That is why it is a no brainer for me as to which one is more important.

Never suggested that TFC couldn't lose to Montreal or Vancouver, but certainly we are the more talented team.

Agreed! :)

The good thing about all this is...We have John Carver at the helm!! Thank God!! I love that man! Carver will not allow the team to slip! because if they do, not even god can save them from the verbal blasting the team will get in the locker room!! and the beauty is that he will tell the loser who slipped up, to take a fucking seat on the bench! while he fields someone who is hungrier then the next guy...:D

bignickel
05-15-2008, 05:28 PM

let's hear some thoughts

the fact that we are 6 games in and havn't seen a minute of these guys speaks volumes of our depth and health compared to last year.

ag futbol
05-15-2008, 05:37 PM
We've been beaten by USL teams twice in the past year. The first time, we got our asses handed to us completely. We shouldn't take these games lightly, but we really should expect to win with our improved squad.

Captain Croatia
05-15-2008, 05:42 PM
I would think one of them, if not both, will be used as subs in the upcomming games. Or if someone gets injured (knock on wood), they would be in the line-up and prove they are starting postition worthy.

brad
05-15-2008, 06:28 PM
The back four hasn't conceded a goal from open play in the last three matches. Do you really think that it's time to start changing players around? I sure don't.

Cambridge_Red
05-15-2008, 06:33 PM
giambac (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?u=253)
Please join TRN!
hahahaha

rocker
05-15-2008, 06:35 PM
The back four hasn't conceded a goal from open play in the last three matches. Do you really think that it's time to start changing players around? I sure don't.

ya, I was a Velez critic early but in the last few games the whole defense, including Velez, has been quite solid throughout.

There's no need to bring in Tebily and James until the situation warrants. If goals are going in and Velez is at fault, bring in Tebily. I'm sure with all these games coming up, there will be more than enough opportunities for them to play, whether midweek or weekend.

I'm just glad we can say we have these guys on the bench as reinforcements. Last year that wasn't the case.

jloome
05-15-2008, 09:12 PM
I think Portland could easily compete for a playoff spot in MLS. They're that good. Vancouver was that good the other night, too. If they'd played with that consistent shape, discipline and work ethic every day, they might make the playoffs in MLS.

The only real difference I see between the leagues is that thanks to the size of the MLS clubs financially, they each have up to three or four difference makers, superior players who can turn a game. That's why so many people see it as similar to the Coca Cola Championship in England, because that's the structure there.

The truth, however, is that cap notwithstanding, there's more teams right now that have one or two game turners.

Keep in mind, Sunderland fielded a good team against both the Whitecaps and Charleston in thelast couple of years and got their heads handed to them both times.

Red CB Toronto
05-15-2008, 10:25 PM
JJ #3 is really working hard and knows that they team has vets on it and waiting for his turn, a chance to just get out there and ball it, the injury in the Carolina Cup got in the way of him doing, but he know his time will come and he will just work hard waiting for it. Has a great attitude.

Daveisonfire
05-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey Guys!

WE HAVE DEPTH!!

now: everybody dance!

(insert dancing guy here):D:cool:

giambac
05-16-2008, 09:12 AM

I know as much as i need to know about the USl

BORING, DULL SOCCER

I think my son's high school team can beat some of the teams inthe USL

invictusTFC
05-16-2008, 10:09 AM
I know as much as i need to know about the USl

BORING, DULL SOCCER

I think my son's high school team can beat some of the teams inthe USL

The truth is that some USL teams like Seatle, Vancouver, Montreal and Portland are good solid teams and can compete with MSL teams on any given day. The Canada Cup tournament will not be a walk in the park for TFC. If anything, they will be facing opponents that are hungrier and more motivated to prove something and upset the obvious favorite. These games might actually be tougher to win that some of the league games TFC will play this season.

TheRenter
05-16-2008, 12:37 PM
With all the matches Toronto will be playing, these guys, among others, will get their chance....I mean, this is a good thing as depth is something that the Reds have addressed and, you gotta figure, will continue to do so as the long season continues to stretch further....it's just a matter of time before players get their opportunity out on the pitch, don't rush it!

Red CB Toronto
03-23-2017, 03:14 PM
Great to see Julius hooking up with the Sacramento for the 2017 season. Have followed his career ever since the Reds drafted him out of Connecticut. After four seasons with various NASL teams he will be the USL.

Chevy
03-23-2017, 05:46 PM
Julius James is 32 friggin' years old. How time flies.

Red CB Toronto
03-23-2017, 06:17 PM
Julius James is 32 friggin' years old. How time flies.

Yeah for sure, have a jersey he gave me from his rookie season with the Reds. Those things are so old school, plus they heat up like crazy when wearing them, did not breath at all.

Brooker
03-23-2017, 06:28 PM
So fuckin good he's got two first names

molenshtain
03-23-2017, 06:33 PM
Old enough to remember when the '08 draft haul of James, Pat Phelan, Brian Edwards and Joseph Lapira meant we were going to dominate the league for a century.