PDA

View Full Version : Winter presser cancelled

cincy
06-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Winter was to have a press confrence today but it has been cancelled as per John Molinaro

ryan
06-08-2012, 09:20 AM
He probably saw the canned speech they provided for him and said fuck it.

ensco
06-08-2012, 09:21 AM
If you like Aron Winter as a person, it's for the best. Saying what you want to say can be a serious mistake.

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/09/08/carol-bartz-yahoo-disparagement/

cincy
06-08-2012, 09:23 AM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro TFC just issued a release: "Aron’s press conference has been cancelled today. There will be no formal address with Aron."

cincy
06-08-2012, 09:24 AM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro Just talked to a #TFC (http://redpatchboys.ca/#!/search/%23TFC) official. Cancellation was Aron's call, not team's because he was going to "go rouge". Aron simply didnt feel up to it

Whoop
06-08-2012, 09:27 AM
I wonder how long the agreement is for? I'd just wait until I got my money and then go say what I wanted to.

Fort York Redcoat
06-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Hasn't anyone told him that Tweeting is the way you leave this team!g:D

He's seen enough players shoot themselves in the professionalism. This is a good move if he can't trust himself on a mic today.

But man would it make us all feel better!

Redcoe15
06-08-2012, 09:59 AM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaroJust talked to a #TFC (http://redpatchboys.ca/#!/search/%23TFC) official. Cancellation was Aron's call, not team's because he was going to "go rouge". Aron simply didnt feel up to it

Innnn-teresting.

Globetrotter
06-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Go rogue or go rouge? I have no idea what go rouge means.

Auzzy
06-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Go Rouge, Go Reds, rah rah rah!

cincy
06-08-2012, 10:21 AM
continue on ....

Wooster_TFC
06-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Anyone hear anything as to the why?

I'm wondering if something was stated in the presser yesterday that put him off.

PureTFC
06-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Classy when being shown the door. Fond memories of Carl with that regard.

Suds
06-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Anyone hear anything as to the why?

I'm wondering if something was stated in the presser yesterday that put him off.

Word is Winter just didn't feel up to a press conference. I don't blame the guy. Wound is still fresh and and he probably didn't want to field a bunch of questions. Might be best if he just releases a statement or wait a few days before speaking publicly.

ag futbol
06-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Classy when being shown the door. Fond memories of Carl with that regard.
More likely he has a severence package that prevents him dishing on how much of a douche some of his coworkers are, making it impractical or financially dangerous to hold a presser unless he's ok with stonewalling the questions everyone wants to hear.

The only coach we had, who likely left without any sort of package was chris cummins and he dished out a few zingers on his way though the gate. I think more than a few others would have lambasted mo and anselmi if their hands weren't tied

Wooster_TFC
06-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Word is Winter just didn't feel up to a press conference. I don't blame the guy. Wound is still fresh and and he probably didn't want to field a bunch of questions. Might be best if he just releases a statement or wait a few days before speaking publicly.

That's the TFC FO's word. I was wondering if anyone had heard rumblings. You don't announce a presser with a guy who has no plans to show up to it in the first place. Personally, I think something happened between yesterday morning and today that caused Winter to not want to do it. I'm betting it was something said in the presser.

Suds
06-08-2012, 10:53 AM
That's the TFC FO's word. I was wondering if anyone had heard rumblings. You don't announce a presser with a guy who has no plans to show up to it in the first place. Personally, I think something happened between yesterday morning and today that caused Winter to not want to do it. I'm betting it was something said in the presser.

Actually, it's Molinaro's word I was basing that on. But you are right in that Molinaro's info came from a TFC official and not from Winter himself.

jabbronies
06-08-2012, 10:56 AM
I really hope he says something eventually. One thing I remember at one of his pressers he was asked if the situation here would tarnish him over in Europe and he said that they were different places and couldn't be compared. If he believes whatever is done here won't affect him there then maybe he'll come out and say something? Doubt it, just wishful thinking.