PDA

View Full Version : I don't care what it takes......

TorontoGooner
06-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't care what it takes, we need to get this clown Anselmi to leave. Time after time he's passed the buck and failed to take responsibility. On Twitter earlier he stated that he's only been on twitter a short while and people are already on there asking him to leave the club. He's conclusion? "Too soon" the retort.

The arrogance of the guy defies belief and he isn't even man enough to admit that he's run this club in to the ground from a footballing perspective. Unless he leaves, we may not have a club in the future at this rate.

Banners, chants, fan rallies, whatever it takes. Lets get this buffoon out of OUR club.

ANSELMI OUT

T-boy
06-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I seem to be the only TFC fan who thinks that Anselmi did a good job today! Well dome Tom for getting rid of Winter, who clearly wasn't up to the task.

Now can we actually get behind our NEW head coach and support him and give him a chance, rather than stomping all over this before he even plays a game?

maxpower
06-07-2012, 05:14 PM
I seem to be the only TFC fan who thinks that Anselmi did a good job today! Well dome Tom for getting rid of Winter, who clearly wasn't up to the task.

Now can we actually get behind our NEW head coach and support him and give him a chance, rather than stomping all over this before he even plays a game?

we just won three of our last five, our backline looks like it maybe-possibly-hopefully sorted itself out. why the hell do this now and not when we were 0-7 or 0-8?
our first little brightspot and MLSE want a change now? terrible decision, really god awful.

Massive, massive face-palm

OgtheDim
06-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Support TFC

Give Mariner a chance

NOT Anselmi

He should have been fired today as well and a process to find a REAL soccer president put in place.

But, MLSE thinks like lawyers not owners.

Fort York Redcoat
06-07-2012, 05:54 PM
It's important to separate

-Disappointment in the constant flip flopping decisions of an a businessman charading as a man who knows the business of sport.
-The dismissal of a Coach who had a vision that didn't come to fruition in time
-The appointment of an MLS veteran that had a vision of his own that he may now have a turn to achieve.

I just want to keep the appointment and the appointee seperate..

[NBF]
06-07-2012, 08:18 PM

-Disappointment in the constant flip flopping decisions of an a businessman charading as a man who knows the business of sport.
-The appointment of an MLS veteran that had a vision of his own that he may now have a turn to achieve.

http://www.powerpivotpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/image5.png

Alonso
06-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Support TFC

Give Mariner a chance

NOT Anselmi

He should have been fired today as well and a process to find a REAL soccer president put in place.

But, MLSE thinks like lawyers not owners.

This.

Someone's head higher up has to roll for 6 completely incompetent years. Accountability! Winter didn't f up the first 5 years right? And Winter certainly didn't hire himself....

Alonso
06-07-2012, 09:25 PM

Agreed on all points... the iron is hot.

denime
06-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Mariner is our 6 coach since March 2009,that's is 6 coaches in 3 1/2 seasons,and Anselmi is still around.

During today's press he said "they" listened the fans and decided to fix things,he was not listening good enough because he is the one who should leave too,useless prick.

Greatest Ripoff
06-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Anselmi is pure scum. The day he leaves can't come soon enough.

T-boy
06-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Everybody's opinion of Anselmi will change quickly if Mariner starts getting results on the field! Time will tell on this one! I can't wait to see people keep saying that Anselmi should go if we start winning!

Greatest Ripoff
06-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Everybody's opinion of Anselmi will change quickly if Mariner starts getting results on the field! Time will tell on this one! I can't wait to see people keep saying that Anselmi should go if we start winning!

it's been 6 bloody years with Anselmi and there has been no winning. What makes you think he can all of a sudden run a team? It's like saying that after a year and half we should have stuck with Winter because, "Time will tell on this one! I can't wait to see people keep saying that Winter should go if we start winning!"

tfcleeds
06-08-2012, 12:02 AM

I don't care if we miraculously make the playoffs, and go on to win the MLS championship - Anselmi still needs to go. Any success will have been in spite of him. He's clueless.

razor787
06-08-2012, 01:21 AM
In the presser today, there is one thing in particular that anselmi said, that I am shocked hasn't been brought up.

A reporter asked him about accountability since he is now on 7 coaches in 6 years, and Anselmi replied saying that he hired 2 coaches.

Did I mishear something, or did Anselmi admit to there being someone else that is pulling the strings?

grizzle
06-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Honestly I think their should be a full supporter boycott to stop singing at games or even going until Anselmi no longer works for TFC. Let's sacrifice this season to have a chance going forward!

grizzle
06-08-2012, 01:28 AM

Have you seen his record? If you can't clue in by now that the problem is not the coach then I don't know what to say.

razor787
06-08-2012, 01:38 AM
I don't think there is much chance of Anselmi going. Sacking coaches - yeah, it happens. Firing a president might be something Bell/Rogers would get their back up about. It's a call they would want to make.

Fort York Redcoat
06-08-2012, 06:12 AM
Honestly I think their should be a full supporter boycott to stop singing at games or even going until Anselmi no longer works for TFC. Let's sacrifice this season to have a chance going forward!

It's been proven that people prefer to do something more than to stop doing something. One protest was difficult enough to agree on and it had to accompany a visual display.

I think its better for the morale of all of us to decide to do something all together eg. protest songs with display vs just not going, not singing.

Fort York Redcoat
06-08-2012, 06:15 AM

While I enjoy your positivity on the Mariner appointment I cannot share your enthusiasm on who appointed him and the reasons why. This man has admitted to fumbling his way through this job so far. If the coach he appoints is successful I can't sing praises to his foresight. This decision is one I think that he fell into, much like his own appointment/title with this team.

Oldtimer
06-08-2012, 06:37 AM
In the presser today, there is one thing in particular that anselmi said, that I am shocked hasn't been brought up.

A reporter asked him about accountability since he is now on 7 coaches in 6 years, and Anselmi replied saying that he hired 2 coaches.

Did I mishear something, or did Anselmi admit to there being someone else that is pulling the strings?

He means he hired Mo and Winter. Mo hired the rest, so it's "not his fault."

The thing that's infuriating is that you get the sense that Anselmi hardly cares. He has bigger fish to fry (angling to become President of ML$E). Actually, if Anselmi gets promoted it could be a good thing, provided he hires someone competent to run the soccer operation.

Shakes McQueen
06-08-2012, 06:50 AM
I'll reiterate what I said in the other thread:

I don't think Anselmi is "scum". I think he honestly wants to build a winning team, and tries his best to do right by the fans within the confines of what is expected of him by the corporation he belongs to. Nobody ever thinks they themselves are the problem, so I'm not at all shocked that he isn't heaping blame and scorn upon himself for the job he's been doing. He has also made pretty good faith attempts in the past to submit himself to questioning from the fans, in the form of those "town halls".

So no, I don't think he's scum. I think that's frustration with MLSE and the team talking, more than a rational assessment of who Anselmi is.

What I do think, is that Anselmi is simply incompetent at overseeing a soccer team. He fumbled in the dark for the first few years, before finally realizing what a poor job Mo Johnston was doing, then tried to pay an expert to tell him who to hire next, which also failed. At some point responsibility needs to be taken for the lack of performance of those who are under his watch. he clearly doesn't think it's his fault, I assume because he simply sees it as a failure of those people working FOR him. What he fails to understand, is that hiring people who are consistenly failing, eventually also counts as a failure on the person who hired them.

Nobody bats 1.000, as we see every year in sports where GMs and coaches are shuffled in and out of teams, but when you consistently fail to hire the "right" person - that's YOUR fault. We've had seven managers in six years now - that's seven failures on your watch, Tom. It's time to own up to that, and give the reigns to someone else.

So yeah - I think it's simply incompetence, not malfeasance. He just isn't good at this.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
06-08-2012, 06:53 AM
He means he hired Mo and Winter. Mo hired the rest, so it's "not his fault."

The thing that's infuriating is that you get the sense that Anselmi hardly cares. He has bigger fish to fry (angling to become President of ML$E). Actually, if Anselmi gets promoted it could be a good thing, provided he hires someone competent to run the soccer operation.

I know others like ensco have disagreed with me in the past, but I seriously think Anselmi is still the most likely candidate for the MLSE Presidency. And as you say - perhaps that has a silver lining for TFC fans, depending on who fills his shoes as overseer of the "Toronto FC portfolio" (yuck). Plus it has the added benefit of someone who was close to the soccer team, and who I really think does want the team to be successful on the pitch, as supreme leader of the ownership group, which would hopefully ensure our small team doesn't get lost in the shuffle when wrangling over the Leafs and Raptors begins.

- Scott

maninb
06-08-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't care if we miraculously make the playoffs, and go on to win the MLS championship - Anselmi still needs to go. Any success will have been in spite of him. He's clueless.

Exactly...Anselmi has PROVEN BEYOND DOUBT that he has no idea what he's doing....He's got ZERO football knowledge, and should have been fired last year...

Hitcho
06-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Wow Scott - you came dangerously close to making me think positively about anselmi there! :D

TOBOR !
06-08-2012, 07:36 AM

I disagree with this sentiment - use the opportunity to sing and chant anti-Anselmi messages.

They say they listen to the fans (or some fans, anyway), let's see.

MLSE can shove Tom upstairs and hire us a proper VP of Football Operations, or whatever they call that position.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-08-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't care what it takes, we need to get this clown Anselmi to leave. Time after time he's passed the buck and failed to take responsibility. On Twitter earlier he stated that he's only been on twitter a short while and people are already on there asking him to leave the club. He's conclusion? "Too soon" the retort.

The arrogance of the guy defies belief and he isn't even man enough to admit that he's run this club in to the ground from a footballing perspective. Unless he leaves, we may not have a club in the future at this rate.

Banners, chants, fan rallies, whatever it takes. Lets get this buffoon out of OUR club.

ANSELMI OUT

You cant have a non football person trying to run a club who has aspirations of becoming a big club not only in its league but in north america....it just wont work...and until the ANSELMI figures this part of the job out...we will never go forward!..He is a great guy no doubt..but not a football guy!....MAN UP...do what is best for the club and step aside!

Red Rat
06-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Toronto Faculty of Clowns