PDA

View Full Version : ALL STAR Ballots - TFC MUST be there!!!

OfficeGuy
06-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Forwards : Danny Koevermans, Ryan Johnson, Joao Plata

Midfield: Torsten Frings

Defender: Ashtone Morgan

Goalkeeper: Milos Kocic

Votes count!
All-Star voting opens on Friday, June 8 at noon ET on MLSsoccer.com.
Fans can also vote by sending a player’s first and last name via text message to 22442. Twitter voting will occur later this month.
The players with the highest combined votes from these three voting methods will become the first 11 All-Stars – known as the All-Star First XI. The player who receives the most text votes by 5 pm ET on Monday, July 2, will automatically earn a spot among the All-Star First XI.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/all-star/2012/news/article/2012/06/07/all-star-fan-voting-set-kick-friday

OfficeGuy
06-07-2012, 04:11 PM
One of those 11 spots is automatically claimed by the player that earns the most text votes.

:scarf:

C.Ronaldo
06-07-2012, 04:18 PM
do you really think anyone deserves to go?

maybe frings

razor787
06-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Usually I would say BAD IDEA, but what the hell do we have to lose this year? No MLS playoffs, and our CCL group is very difficult. Slim chance we make it past this first round.

Torsten is the only one that deserves to be there, so I will vote for him.

Fort York Redcoat
06-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't want them to play a meaningless midseason friendly.

I do think they deserve praise though.

TFC07
06-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Let's try get a younger player in MLS all-star game. So let's vote for Plata or Morgan.

Azerban
06-07-2012, 06:24 PM
good strategy; people have been starting to think that mls isn't a joke of a league, and nothing will fix that viewpoint faster than a couple of guys from a 1-0-9 team as all-stars

sidvan
06-07-2012, 06:28 PM
do we have ccl game the same night again?

PureTFC
06-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Why does any player from a team that has 1 win and 9 losses deserve to go to an "All-star" game?

They don't deserve to be there.

Fort York Redcoat
06-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Why does any player from a team that has 1 win and 9 losses deserve to go to an "All-star" game?

Because it's gauged on personal performance as well.

e.g. A losing team usually has a better keeper seeing more shots on him.

Again not that I care. The Allstar game needs to meet the dodo.

Oldtimer
06-08-2012, 09:26 AM

Frings was injured for the majority of those losses.
He is easily one of the 5 best midfielders in the league, his team's crappy record aside.
Frings deserves the honour.

Interesting timing, voting starts during the middle of the Euro's first game.

Auzzy
06-08-2012, 09:55 AM
I really wish I cared.

PureTFC
06-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Just give them all a participation ribbon to feel better. In the end TFC doesn't have to be there. Pats on the back alround, there there.

Yagbod
06-08-2012, 11:44 AM
I think we need to vote for Houston players. If I recall correctly we play them in the next game. No TFC player should be in the All-Star game. I do not want anything for MLSE to hang their hat on.

TOBOR !
06-08-2012, 11:47 AM
^ nice one. Let's vote Houston players in and take advantage the next game.

Otherwise I'm with Auzzy.

Fort York Redcoat
06-08-2012, 12:09 PM
For Houston. We play them 3 days later.

Tally Hall, (HOU)
Geoff Cameron, D (HOU)
Bobby Boswell, D (HOU)
Brad Davis, M (HOU)
Will Bruin, F (HOU)

Andre Hainault, D (HOU) Easy one. :canada:

Auzzy
06-08-2012, 01:20 PM
i think we need to vote for houston players. If i recall correctly we play them in the next game. No tfc player should be in the all-star game. I do not want anything for mlse to hang their hat on.

yes!

^ nice one. Let's vote houston players in and take advantage the next game.

Otherwise i'm with auzzy.

yes!

for houston. We play them 3 days later.

Tally hall, (hou)
geoff cameron, d (hou)
bobby boswell, d (hou)
brad davis, m (hou)
will bruin, f (hou)

andre hainault, d (hou) easy one. :canada:

yes yes yes!

Toronto
06-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I think we need to vote for Houston players. If I recall correctly we play them in the next game. No TFC player should be in the All-Star game. I do not want anything for MLSE to hang their hat on.

Agreed 100 percent. I ain't spending a minute voting so MLSE can claim that their doing something right.

Hitcho
06-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I don't want them to play a meaningless midseason friendly.

I do think they deserve praise though.

Agree 100%. Kudos to Frings, but I hope he doesn't play in the ASG. It's not like he's 21.

KGH
06-12-2012, 12:06 PM
For Houston. We play them 3 days later.

Tally Hall, (HOU)
Geoff Cameron, D (HOU)
Bobby Boswell, D (HOU)
Brad Davis, M (HOU)
Will Bruin, F (HOU)

Andre Hainault, D (HOU) Easy one. :canada:

Done.

razor787
06-12-2012, 12:13 PM
most years i would agree we shouldnt send people to the ASG, but does it really matter this year? Not a chance in hell we are making the playoffs, so every game has about as much at stake as the all-star game. We are just practicing for next year right now.

TOBOR !
06-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Done.

same - twice - threw in some vancouver and Montreal players for laughs.

KGH
06-12-2012, 12:40 PM
same - twice - threw in some vancouver and Montreal players for laughs.

When it asked for favorite team at the end i put TFC. I wonder if they'll catch on when they calculate all the Houston votes from TFC fans.

Fort York Redcoat
06-13-2012, 07:21 AM
most years i would agree we shouldnt send people to the ASG, but does it really matter this year? Not a chance in hell we are making the playoffs, so every game has about as much at stake as the all-star game. We are just practicing for next year right now.

In the time it took you to post you could help tilt one league match in our favour. Why wouldn't you?