PDA

View Full Version : Official Back From Chicago Thread

jayeden
07-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Looks like im one of the first back to post...

Had a great time...Fire FO were def. ready for our arrival..they had a parking lot for us..security, and were very organized..

Inside the stadium, we had our own section and a half in the corner.

Was a small incident at the end of the game involving some fire fans and tfc fans..everything was resolved and everyone made it out safe...

Sucks we had to lose the game that way...

Flipityflu
07-13-2008, 05:16 PM
the announcers at the begining of the FSC broadcast mentioned something going on during the anthems. do you know what that was about?

Raging Reggie
07-13-2008, 05:16 PM
did the small incident involve fist-a-cuffs ala montreal style?

London
07-13-2008, 05:17 PM
i got home at 4ish!
havent watched the highlights yet but i am still pissed off about the last minute og the game!! also got a few bruises on my arms!!
chanting was great!
We fucking owned section 8!!!

the last part of the US national anthem was amazing!!!

adampz
07-13-2008, 05:21 PM
I wanna hear all the stories!

jayeden
07-13-2008, 05:21 PM
the announcers at the begining of the FSC broadcast mentioned something going on during the anthems. do you know what that was about?

this was actually the highlight of the game and trip for me...

our section sung the US national anthem so loud for the second half of it the entire fire stadium was looking at us in disbelief...was pure class on our part..goosebump worhty

adampz
07-13-2008, 05:23 PM
what about the fights? :)

London
07-13-2008, 05:23 PM
honestly, whoever decided to start that song at that point!!!,, good job!!!!

London
07-13-2008, 05:25 PM

we probably shouldnt glorify it, we dont need that kind of rep

adampz
07-13-2008, 05:26 PM
alright, but who would you say started it?

jayeden
07-13-2008, 05:28 PM

was a small altercation well after the final whistle...all of the word i heard about how it was started was that a teenager fire supporter in the section ajoined to our decided to throw a plastic bottle or whatnot..this escalated to 30+ of our supporters reacting the way that alcohol influenced soccer fans are bound to react. There was a lot of security present..and lots of TFC fans were up front in attemp to pull our own back.

There was no police involved, no injuries and we all made sure that no TFC fan left the stadium alone and stuck together as a group.

Im sure there will be more who come back int he next little while that can expland on the happenings..

important thing is that we were there to support the team and all made it out safe.

we probably shouldnt glorify it, we dont need that kind of rep

QFT

adampz
07-13-2008, 05:58 PM
lol a repeat of montreal

Roogsy
07-13-2008, 06:12 PM
lol a repeat of montreal

Nah...Montreal wasn't ready for anything.

Sounds like Chicago was.

All you need is common sense and readiness to avoid issues.

Montreal's "incident" took a good 15 minutes to develop and not a security guard in sight and by then, it had blown up into a full fledged donnybrook.

Sounds like this was quelled well enough. Good to hear.

London
07-13-2008, 06:13 PM
security actualy said they were sorry for letting it happen!!!!
they waited too long to get in there

Shaughno
07-13-2008, 06:47 PM
FUCKING BOARD. Just lost my whole recap of the trip.

*The 'incident' was nothing major and nothing worth talking about. Nobody was injured from either side, security were there to intervene.

On to the positives.

Highlights:

- "I don't give tours, I sell the tours"
"I'll give you $30 to show us the city"
"I'm not a prostitute!

- "$30! We can't afford that, we're Canadians. That's like $50 to us."
"I can't barter, it's a set price"
"I'll give you $40 Canadian then."
"Sorry, I can't accept it"

- Big red being in the stands and having Masrawy beside it for the second half to easily be the best away support TFC has even seen.

- The first half of the US anthem being almost totally quiet and then BUSTING the second half SO LOUD that the entire stadium was watching us.

- Singing NEE's Allez Toronto FC at half time and having the majority of the section joining in each time we sang it.

More stories, too beat to try and remember them all.

BlackandwhiteExpress round trip a success as usual.

Cambridge_Red
07-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Nice recap Shaughno!

Let's not further discuss the altercations at the end of the game.

Two words describe the NEE/RPB support: EPIC AND LEGEND

brad
07-13-2008, 08:28 PM
How was Ibrahim's movement off the ball? Tougher to gauge that kind of stuff on TV.

blackandwhite
07-13-2008, 08:34 PM
positives:
Caroline!!!!!!
$1 double cheeseburger
pancake house!
the support in the stands
Irish tour guides :)

not so positives:
security who wont let flag poles in but fail to remove a fire fan who throws stuff at us. good for you assholes. you guys are doing a great job. I am glad that loser hit a young fire fan.

red bulls is not affective anymore!!!

blackandwhite
07-13-2008, 08:36 PM
I am going to sholess to welcome NEE. Will remember and post more later

Stugatzo
07-13-2008, 08:44 PM
The anthem!!!
Stephen Hawking singing the anthem with help from Canadians!
Bus 2..."you killed a skunk."
security at the tailgate...."no more firecrackers"
Meeting a girl in the chicago end wearing a wolves jersey and just about freaking out on her and scaring her half to death.
Who are ya? chants at randoms.
Jackie, Gale, Sandi and Jonas and the rest of the Stretch Hummer crew! That was stylin'!!

canadian_bhoy
07-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Positives:
Pre-game
Laughing from start to finish all the way there and back
Hamburgers with Mashed potatoes on them!
Party on Friday night with all the supporters
Gabriel Hurl and me havin a wee sing song at the pub!
Corona's at the beach with tons of people partying
Performing the greatest rendition of Don't stop believing (EVER)
Table top tubes of beer
Giordano's (hot and cold)
Bus to the game (number 1...'s f***'n sh!t, number 2...'s f****'n sh!t ..........Chicago Fire is a sh!tty football team!)

Game: Ibbie!
Picking up the american anthem because you couldn't hear the guy singing
The Canadian anthem
Ibbie's goal
Everything except the fire goal(s).

darts
burrito's, taco's

Negatives:
Not many...chicago rules
expensive cabs
crappy weather on Saturday
Seeing Jimmy B and Carver come over to thank the fans, then walking away in disgust after seeing the scraps.

Goat Heads

adampz
07-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Walking away in discust after seeing the scraps? were the scraps inside the stadium?

Mrs. Workie
07-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Walking away in discust after seeing the scraps? were the scraps inside the stadium?

How about we stop discussing it? It's over, done with, let's move on.

Kthxbye

canadian_bhoy
07-13-2008, 09:05 PM

Like others said, it not really anything to talk about.

Things kicked off a little bit (5 or 6 tfc fans maybe?)

Jimmy B threw his shirt in the crowd, then was looking up at what was going on. Carvers face told a thousand words, then he waved his hand in that "bah, F these idiots, I'm leaving" and grabbed JB and took off.

then some guy gave me free pizza! Woot!

Mrs. Workie
07-13-2008, 09:06 PM
positives:
Caroline!!!!!!

Deniz, did you fall in love with a 16 year old at McDonalds again?? :D

security who wont let flag poles inWTF!??!! Again?!

red bulls is not affective anymore!!!But did you see any deer? ;) How long did it take you guys to finally find your way out of Chicago?

Totally pissed I missed this trip...especially after watching the game last night, and Workie says "we should have been there"

I coulda killed him.

But I'm glad you all had a great time- we could hear you guys on TV- sounded great. Glad you all made it home safe.

Stugatzo
07-13-2008, 09:07 PM
it was really nothing to speak a lot about...minor incident.

Nodoubtguy
07-13-2008, 09:14 PM
sounds like a great time had by all....

kitchener-TFC
07-13-2008, 09:31 PM
- "$30! We can't afford that, we're Canadians. That's like $50 to us."
"I can't barter, it's a set price"
"I'll give you $40 Canadian then."
"Sorry, I can't accept it"

- The first half of the US anthem being almost totally quiet and then BUSTING the second half SO LOUD that the entire stadium was watching us.

Lmao, & lmao!

Nice to see that JB & carver came and thanked the crowd.

Bluenose13
07-13-2008, 09:37 PM
One of the security guards came over after we sang the American anthem & said it gave him goosebumps & he would never forget it :D

adamdz
07-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Bus trip was great. Overall everyone seemed happy and the driver was great (both competent and tolerant). Cheers to the bus captains for keeping everything on track and on time.

Memorable moments for me from the bus:

-We got stopped and had to get our passports/papers checked at the border on the way up. I puked right outside one of their buildings. Never seen red puke before, that was fun. I think I got food poisoning from some shitty old 711 meat because I puked 2 more times throughout Saturday (I managed to keep down a chicken noodle soup around midnight Saturday, yay).

-Cockmeat sandwich

-I think someone took a face plant onto the floor bus as we were nearing BMO. Not sure all i heard was the thud which was good enough for me.

-On the return trip the fucken bathroom was a Hazardous Area. The stench every time someone opened the door was unbelievable.

Note to self, don't sit at the very rear of the bus next time.

Marc"2L"
07-13-2008, 10:03 PM
How about we stop discussing it? It's over, done with, let's move on.

Kthxbye

I'm in favour of the opposite.

Lets stop running away from talking about negative stuff that goes down so that we'll know how to deal with it when it really hits the fan.
We only have 2 years before we have to march into philly.

But there is a difference between talking about and glorifying it.

GabrielHurl
07-13-2008, 10:24 PM
- Singing NEE's Allez Toronto FC at half time and having the majority of the section joining in each time we sang it.

And scoring when we were singing it

Gabriel Hurl and me havin a wee sing song at the pub!

No problem Mike

and what "incident"? :noidea::confused:

Pyeddo
07-13-2008, 10:28 PM
"Have you ever been ice fishing?? ITS FUCKING EXHILARATING"

more tomorrow.... great job guys

adampz
07-13-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm in favour of the opposite.

Lets stop running away from talking about negative stuff that goes down so that we'll know how to deal with it when it really hits the fan.
We only have 2 years before we have to march into philly.

But there is a difference between talking about and glorifying it.

I agree with you marc, i dont think we are glorifying it at all by talking about it, its not like everybody goes on the trip looking to fight the other fans, for both incidents this year, montreal and chicago, has it not been the other fans that attack tfc fans first, and tfc fans just protecting themselves. I think its better just to keep all tfc fans updated on whats happening.

Pyeddo
07-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Quickly... we were in row 12, seats 9&10. Girl in row 11 ate a bottle to the head from the bald fire fan who was calling us all on. We didn't go right after him, but after another bottle came in, bottles were sent back in return. This just escalated until the fight(s) broke out.

-100 points to the "security" at the stadium, what a fucking joke. Way to watch bottles fly and not make the least bit of effort to do anything.

Sometimes you need to protect the people you're with, and this was a case of exactly that. I'll sum the incident up by saying yes, we agitated the shit out of the Chicago ("fuck chicago, fuck fuck chicago" for example, or the thunderstick one... (which was gold btw) ), but we DID NOT instigate. There is a fine line between the two and we walked it with the best.

Keegan
07-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Did you guys teach those Fire fans?

Stugatzo
07-13-2008, 10:37 PM
I've posted some pics from my trip including game shots here...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43487&id=685576072

Feel free to tag yourself or anyone you know in them.

adamdz
07-13-2008, 10:42 PM
I've posted some pics from my trip including game shots here...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43487&id=685576072

Feel free to tag yourself or anyone you know in them.

Is it private or firends only or something? I get the following

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested can not be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

* Return home
* View Private's Profile

Stugatzo
07-13-2008, 10:43 PM
No...my profile is open. Maybe go to my main page and then go into my photo folder.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=685576072

adampz
07-13-2008, 10:45 PM
how far away were you from the fire supporter section? I thought you guys were on opposite sides of the pitch?

Stugatzo
07-13-2008, 10:47 PM
we were...they were in the end without the "stage".
we were in the corner at the other end beside it.

GabrielHurl
07-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Section 8 are in 117 and 118

We were in 133/134

http://i38.tinypic.com/15o9wk5.gif

adampz
07-13-2008, 10:51 PM
so was it fans sitting in the section next to you who were throwing bottles, and not fans from section 8?

adamdz
07-13-2008, 10:53 PM
so was it fans sitting in the section next to you who were throwing bottles, and not fans from section 8?

Yes, otherwise someone in section 8 would have to have some crazy arms :D.

Stencils
07-13-2008, 10:58 PM
this was actually the highlight of the game and trip for me...

our section sung the US national anthem so loud for the second half of it the entire fire stadium was looking at us in disbelief...was pure class on our part..goosebump worhty

Completely agree. I had brought out my buddy from Chicago to see the game with us and he was worried that we'd start shit during his anthem and when we picked it up and sang it I got a tear in my eye.

We were awesome guys. A shame we didn't pick up a point at least from that.

QUESTION! Who got Jimmy's jersey?

adampz
07-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Yes, otherwise someone in section 8 would have to have some crazy arms :D.

I was wondering how bottles were thrown across the pitch from stand to stand. What stupid fire fans, TFC fans would never throw bottles at the away fans, especially tfc fans outside of the supporter sections. It must have been a drunk polak throwing the bottles!

iansmcl
07-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Singing the Star Spangled Banner was definitely awesome. Especially since a few of our guys were sort of mangling the beginning of it.

Pinkie
07-13-2008, 11:10 PM
first bus road trip just finished....all i have to say was WOW....longsleeves...i'm glad your friend had fun!!! the anthem was goosebump inducing...and the security guard next to me was in shock. the game was a blur and ridiculously disapointing shit-cago the city itself is amazing. i am never eating deep dish pizza again off to bed...with the chant " WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF ANDY WELSHES" stuck on repeat in my head (thanks to the crew in the back of the bus who decided that they wanted to repeat it over and over and over and over and over....:P)

Rocco
07-13-2008, 11:18 PM
first bus road trip just finished....all i have to say was WOW....longsleeves...i'm glad your friend had fun!!! the anthem was goosebump inducing...and the security guard next to me was in shock. the game was a blur and ridiculously disapointing shit-cago the city itself is amazing. i am never eating deep dish pizza again off to bed...with the chant " WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF ANDY WELSHES" stuck on repeat in my head (thanks to the crew in the back of the bus who decided that they wanted to repeat it over and over and over and over and over....:P)

no Love Guru? ahahahahahahhahahahha

Fiin
07-13-2008, 11:18 PM
The incident was just that, we all made it out alright. As for Carver and Jimmy, I think if what happened was actually relayed they would have probably understood more.

More or less it was just a little sillyness at the end of the game that took away from what was a great experience, game, and stadium and staff.

What a heartbreakers goal though eh.

Epic. Legendary.

werewolf
07-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Bus 2..."you killed a skunk."

William Shatner!!!
"hey look everyone, its Kanye West"

Fiin
07-13-2008, 11:26 PM
William Shatner!!!
"hey look everyone, its Kanye West"

My God that was one awful smell.

justin
07-13-2008, 11:30 PM
just got home a couple minutes ago. i'm fucking beat. i'll talk about the trip tomorrow but for now...

cockmeat sandwich

adampz
07-13-2008, 11:31 PM
So how many tfc fans did we have at the game?

manic.street.preacher
07-13-2008, 11:34 PM
...with the chant " WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF ANDY WELSHES" stuck on repeat in my head (thanks to the crew in the back of the bus who decided that they wanted to repeat it over and over and over and over and over....:P)

^^ thanks for putting that back in my head :P

man, next time i'm flying down and taking an extra day. i love that city and i didn't have nearly enough time to see everything i wanted to ... but i managed to get quite a bit of shooting done, i've got a bit of editing to do but i'll post some images and put up some links to the rest in the next day or two

highlights included:
- getting a litre of whisky for a penny
- deepdish, nuff said
- a whirlwind tour of downtown by longsleeve's buddy
- rocking both canadian and american anthems
- ibrahim's first mls goal (a sign of things to come i'm sure)
- talking to some chick from iowa who was looking to purchase a machete

Fiin
07-13-2008, 11:36 PM
So how many tfc fans did we have at the game?

330 I think was final count.

blackandwhite
07-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Deniz, did you fall in love with a 16 year old at McDonalds again?? :D

WTF!??!! Again?!

But did you see any deer? ;) How long did it take you guys to finally find your way out of Chicago?

Totally pissed I missed this trip...especially after watching the game last night, and Workie says "we should have been there"

I coulda killed him.

But I'm glad you all had a great time- we could hear you guys on TV- sounded great. Glad you all made it home safe.

ask jayeden for her name :)

I was more disappointed for you when we couldnt take the flags in. fuck them!!! we'll show them off in 2 days!!

sulfur
07-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Fun trip. Maybe will writeup later.

Good thing:
* the bus crew was pretty solid. good times

Bad thing:
* getting there and discovering that there were 4 people to fit into 2 very small double beds

Good thing:
* finding another room to crash in so that (shoeless) Joe could have a bed to himself

Bad thing:
* the end result (and events) of the game

Good thing:
* Buddy Guy's Legends blues club. Wow. Narf.

Bad thing:
* Love Guru. The movie. The songs. And Flush raving about how awesome it was after being bitchy about how shitty it was.

Good thing:
* The speed with which we crossed the bridge at Sarnia, followed up by the hot customs girl that essentially just told us to go straight through without asking us any real questions.

Bad thing:
* Getting in as late as we did and having to get up early tomorrow morning. Ew.

Stencils
07-13-2008, 11:55 PM
It's funny what some of the Fire supporters are saying on their boards about the TFC supporters.

They suggested that we are 'known' for taking off our colours and sneaking into other supporter sections to steal their flags and scarfs? WTH? TELL ME that no one does this. It sounds ridiculous. Next thing they'll be saying is that we steal children and live in houses made from the bones and skin of the other supporters that we kill each game.

MartinUtd
07-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Great trip, beautiful city.

I do take exception to the bottle throwing though. I was sitting near the top and I saw most of it go down. It looked like bottles starting flying out of our section right after the second goal was scored. Im sure I'll catch shit for saying that but it really did look like we instigated it (the bottle throwing anyway, I didn't see how the "scuffle" broke out).

Oh yeah, and the kid with the "Go play hockey" sign... fucking gold!

jayeden
07-13-2008, 11:58 PM

I was more disappointed for you when we couldnt take the flags in. fuck them!!! we'll show them off in 2 days!!

lol...she was 17, and her name was Cordellia...shes been living at the Pancake house for 16 years...but only working there for 2 months.. lol

GabrielHurl
07-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Great trip, beautiful city.

I do take exception to the bottle throwing though. I was sitting near the top and I saw most of it go down. It looked like bottles starting flying out of our section right after the second goal was scored. Im sure I'll catch shit for saying that but it really did look like we instigated it (the bottle throwing anyway, I didn't see how the "scuffle" broke out).

Oh yeah, and the kid with the "Go play hockey" sign... fucking gold!

and the fuck you chant to him in response - every turned away from the game to give it to them

colman1860
07-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Check out my postgame blog:

www.torontofc.theoffside.com (http://www.torontofc.theoffside.com)

It's a blog I'm running together with Rob from USector. We only just took over from somebody else last week, and we'd both love to get some feedback and debate going in the comments section. Thanks!

TO DEVILS
07-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Seeing Jimmy B and Carver come over to thank the fans, then walking away in disgust after seeing the scraps.

Goat Heads

I think they looked concerned not disgusted.....but then again i am sure you would know better since you spent that time sitting down in the second row, while other people were defending themselves and their friends and trying to avoid bigger altercations from happening.

Great show of leadership on your part. Top class....:rolleyes:

Calling fellow TFC supporters Goat Heads is embarrassing and insulting, considering what happened and what led to this.

I am friends with those Goat Heads, i will make sure i remember that if i ever see you in a situation like that.....who am i kidding, casuals don't attend unpopular road trips.

blackandwhite
07-14-2008, 12:05 AM
lol...she was 17, and her name was Cordellia...shes been living at the Pancake house for 16 years...but only working there for 2 months.. lol

where is your blackandwhite express survival signature?:)

I am a sinner!!! waiting for Jesus to save me. but a guy told me Allah has no son!!!!

jayeden
07-14-2008, 12:08 AM
where is your blackandwhite express survival signature?:)

I am a sinner!!! waiting for Jesus to save me. but a guy told me Allah has no son!!!!

There you go, I altered it a bit.

What about the hundreds of people in line at the apple store. I think the one actually left when you walked out and told them. "Go home, the nes iPhone is a peice of shit, not worth it"

blackandwhite
07-14-2008, 12:15 AM
There you go, I altered it a bit.

What about the hundreds of people in line at the apple store. I think the one actually left when you walked out and told them. "Go home, the nes iPhone is a peice of shit, not worth it"

it is!! i tried to search for "Toronto fc" on youtube. it was taking forever to search!!!

ohare not having information screens for arrivals!! WTF??

Stencils
07-14-2008, 12:16 AM
I think they looked concerned not disgusted.....but then again i am sure you would know better since you spent that time sitting down in the second row, while other people were defending themselves and their friends and trying to avoid bigger altercations from happening.

I'm not sure this is quite fair to say. When I heard that something was happening I looked back to try and guage the severity of it. I was down at the front and if anything had gone down where I was, I would have been in there to help defend our guys/break things up. No lie. I'm 160 odd pounds and likely to get the crap beaten out of me, but I would stick up for our guys as much as anyone else would.

The thing we REALLY don't need is everyone rushing into a situation like what happened. It was controlled by the people who were up there and that's how it should be. If all our guys had rushed in, THEN we would have had a big problem (more Chicago fans would probably have jumped into it at that point and the clueless security might not have contained it fast enough). I don't know. If it was something that needed all our guys to rush in on, I THINK we'd know about it.

And honestly, by the time we at the bottom found out something was going on, it was mostly over I think.

Jimmy looked concerned. Carver looked disappointed and a little angry.

TO DEVILS
07-14-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure this is quite fair to say. When I heard that something was happening I looked back to try and guage the severity of it. I was down at the front and if anything had gone down where I was, I would have been in there to help defend our guys/break things up. No lie. I'm 160 odd pounds and likely to get the crap beaten out of me, but I would stick up for our guys as much as anyone else would.

The thing we REALLY don't need is everyone rushing into a situation like what happened. It was controlled by the people who were up there and that's how it should be. If all our guys had rushed in, THEN we would have had a big problem (more Chicago fans would probably have jumped into it at that point and the clueless security might not have contained it fast enough).

And honestly, by the time we at the bottom found out something was going on, it was mostly over I think.

Jimmy looked concerned. Carver looked disappointed and a little angry.

You can spin it anyway you want, but the people that were there know what happened. To say you didn't know what went on because you were in row 2 is absurd...i was in row 2.

Plus why quote me unless you felt touched by my comments? It stung a bit maybe.

I saw Jack in the middle of it trying to sort shit out, all i am saying is someone who decided to refer to people as Goat Heads chose to sit down in row 2 like a sucky baby instead of helping in anyway he could.

John and Jimmy were concerned.....Jimmy from far with his arms was waving to try to break things apart. They were concerned...i don't know how concern for their supporters becomes something else.

werewolf
07-14-2008, 12:22 AM
pointing figures amongst ourselves is exceptionally counter-productive.

TO DEVILS
07-14-2008, 12:23 AM
pointing figures amongst ourselves is exceptionally counter-productive.

Stop being such a Goat Head Travis.

werewolf
07-14-2008, 12:25 AM
I eat goats.

I know what you are saying, but 330 on 5, that would be a bit much. It was a minor incident, no need to perpetuate it

blackandwhite
07-14-2008, 12:25 AM
I drove for 20 hours with no sleepand wanna go to sleep. can you have this discussion tomorrow :)

TO DEVILS
07-14-2008, 12:27 AM
I eat goats.

I know what you are saying, but 330 on 5, that would be a bit much. It was a minor incident, no need to perpetuate it

Done.;)

GabrielHurl
07-14-2008, 12:28 AM
I drove for 20 hours with no sleepand wanna go to sleep. can you have this discussion tomorrow :)

no - now

Stencils
07-14-2008, 12:42 AM
EDIT: Edited out since we've resolved to drop it. werewolf88 said it well.

TO DEVILS
07-14-2008, 12:51 AM
EDIT: Edited out since we've resolved to drop it. werewolf88 said it well.

Goodnight.

BC101
07-14-2008, 01:11 AM
I was there and I saw some shit head Fire fans causing some shit with people that were TFC supporters friends or no iam not gonna let that shit go down.. Thats why I went in... Whats more the first bottle thrown was from that shit head two or three sections over in the first row who was having a go @ Deniz all first half then again at the end of the game.. Then when the shit went down he fucked off else where(AFTER throwing the bottle ofcourse)

Moving on

Highlights..
Chicago- AMAZING city sans the Bridgeveiw shitheads...
Hitting that bar/Club with Barbarez and Omar and Mas and some other NEE guys...
Dancing up on that blonde in said location.
Getting drunk with Barbarez.
Actually SEEING a place called Chicken Shack...
Waking up Saturday going for a Coffee with Kevvv and seeing FLUSH the first of the Bus RPB's with his fam's.
Getting to Chicago Friday and having that extra day in the wonder city.
Guy Buddies or something..
learning/singing that NEE version of Allez TFC... BRAVO....

Negatives...
Didn't get to try the deep dish pizza.
Looking for friggin Dinodoc everywhere then finding him at the game but never again after that.
Not having U sector there.(they were missed believe me)
Leaving Chicago.

TorCanSoc
07-14-2008, 01:22 AM
My bobble head broke already. Blanco has no hands. :)

BC101
07-14-2008, 01:24 AM
There was plenty of Blanco heads bobbling around on the floor but not so much hands LOL.

TorCanSoc
07-14-2008, 01:29 AM
I know but I use mine as a voodoo bobble-head!! :) I missed out on a game program. I'm a sucker for memorabelia.

The Kingpin
07-14-2008, 03:07 AM

Calling fellow TFC supporters Goat Heads is embarrassing and insulting, considering what happened and what led to this.

I am friends with those Goat Heads, i will make sure i remember that if i ever see you in a situation like that.....who am i kidding, casuals don't attend unpopular road trips.

Personally I feel people can also show tremendous leadership by not getting involved in a fracas fueled by negative emotion and alcohol. It seems odd to call out an individual in any case involving violence as some individuals choose not to behave in anti-social ways. Not getting caught up in a mob mentality shows excellent levels of intelligence and savvy, a person who can avoid the wave of negative conduct perpetuated by poorly developed ideologies should be celebrated in my books.

If you understand crowd theories such as LeBon's theory of the mob, you will understand that anyone who can avoid mob related activity is generally of a high standard. Following the support mechanism rhetoric perpetuated recently is enough to ensure that you become proficient at decision making as the mob mentality is taking a shift in my opinion. Now certainly I was not at the event, but by admonishing an individual for not condoning violence and calling people out for making choices of negative impact shows leadership.

I know one thing, Mike will always have people covering his back (I would be there to support Mike in a heartbeat) and the fact that he is not violent secures that. I know if someone of Mike's intelligence and character were to be involved in an altercation it would be of legitimate circumstance. Many people have short memories as I was told when I left for England and tried to galvanise the group last January, now I see you don't even have to leave the country. Mike has worked tirelessly to create a great atmosphere for so many individuals, so to be called out for not condoning violence is embarrassing as this was always what he and many that joined Red Patch stood for. Congratulations Mike for being the stand up man you are...

CretanBull
07-14-2008, 03:56 AM
^ I don't know any of the people involved, and I wasn't there myself but *based on what I know* I agree with you completely. It would be different if people sat back and watched while fellow RPBs were getting beaten up, but from what's been said it doesn't sound like that was the case at all. Involvement by more people probably only would have unnecessarily escalated things when the goal by everyone should have been to calm things down.

Fiin
07-14-2008, 04:59 AM
edited

London
07-14-2008, 06:19 AM
ill take the heat

i threw the first bottle at that bald fucker!!!
i know it was wrong but when i seen bottles flying into the stands, i got pissed when i seen our guys get hit!
shit on me if you want

onemanbarmyarmy
07-14-2008, 06:25 AM
^^Exactly why I'm not travelling anymore.

The Kingpin
07-14-2008, 06:35 AM
ill take the heat

i threw the first bottle at that bald fucker!!!
i know it was wrong but when i seen bottles flying into the stands, i got pissed when i seen our guys get hit!
shit on me if you want

Look man it happens, I threw a bottle in New York (Because the red bulls are shite) and that was that. The issue I have is someone admonishing a great and dedicated supporter because he chose not to get involved in the conflict.

Emotions run high, and I understand this as much as anyone, but take your lumps as I did and move on. I've learned my lesson in this regard and will never do something like that again. It was out of character, and I'm sure it's not something do on a regular basis. It's the demi-violent rhetoric on the boards that irks me a little. We are big and bad as an overall supporters group.... We shouldn't have small man's syndrome.

TFC Tifoso
07-14-2008, 06:51 AM
My bobble head broke already. Blanco has no hands. :)

It's ok, he already has no neck.....hunchbacked motherfucker.

canadian_bhoy
07-14-2008, 07:00 AM
I didn't call anyone a goat head....It was a joke from the car ride down...thanks for coming out.

As for the rest of your comments...think whatever you want.

Mrs. Workie
07-14-2008, 07:01 AM

When I didn't see them in the stands I figured you'd gotten screwed again. It's a flag pole...fuck.

Mrs. Workie
07-14-2008, 07:02 AM

You really pick the winners don't ya Deniz? ;)

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Guys, all of you. Fuck off with this shit. That was EASILY the best support for TFC that has ever followed TFC on the road and at home. Let's focus on the good stuff rather than this pointless bullshit.

Thanks everyone who helped make that atmosphere the best I'm sure Shitcago and TFC has ever seen.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 07:06 AM

I seem to remember her being 16 as well but I'll give him credit if she was older, I woulda had a go. :lol: Besides, she was very talkative and came back to us a bunch of times while we were waiting in line to chat us up. :rofl:

BTW, this trip reinforced the fact that I love Irish girls. :hump:

canadian_bhoy
07-14-2008, 07:08 AM
Guys, all of you. Fuck off with this shit. That was EASILY the best support for TFC that has ever followed TFC on the road and at home. Let's focus on the good stuff rather than this pointless bullshit.

Thanks everyone who helped make that atmosphere the best I'm sure Shitcago and TFC has ever seen.

Dude...All I wanted to do is clear up that I wasn't calling anyone a goat head. That's not what it meant in my post, it was a joke we had in the car and had nothing to do with our own supporters...so I felt it was justified to make sure that people knew that. Other than that, I didn't comment, so I dont' see the issue.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 07:12 AM
My comment was directed at everyone, you, TO, Pat, everyone. By far the best road trip ever and I'll be damned if it turns out like Montreal where it was the best trip and overshadowed by the bullshit. Fuck that, this took the Montreal trip's crown with authority, let's focus on the good shit.

GabrielHurl
07-14-2008, 07:17 AM
My comment was directed at everyone, you, TO, Pat, everyone. By far the best road trip ever and I'll be damned if it turns out like Montreal where it was the best trip and overshadowed by the bullshit. Fuck that, this took the Montreal trip's crown with authority, let's focus on the good shit.

Where did you guys end up staying on Saturday night? Pedro was telling me you and Deniz needed a bed but didn't hear anything more after that

jayeden
07-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Where did you guys end up staying on Saturday night? Pedro was telling me you and Deniz needed a bed but didn't hear anything more after that

we drove back right after the game..we left it up to deniz..and between the last minute loss and events that followed i belive it went something along the lines of

" fuck the fire and their city, were outta here"

lol..we got back around 830am sunday

FluSH
07-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Cockmeat sandwich... The Love Guru... and

We all dream of a team of Andy Welsh... a team of Andy Welsh... a team of Andy Welsh!!

and number ONE is Andy Welsh

and number TWO is Andy Welsh

and number THREE is Andy Welsh

and number FOUR is Andy Welsh

(what you're a Houston supporter?!)

:smilielol5:

GabrielHurl
07-14-2008, 07:21 AM
ah right - I think Parky ended up with the bed anyway

Mrs. Workie
07-14-2008, 07:26 AM
I seem to remember her being 16 as well but I'll give him credit if she was older, I woulda had a go. :lol: Besides, she was very talkative and came back to us a bunch of times while we were waiting in line to chat us up. :rofl:

Next road trip, we need to find him someone older.... :lol:

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Hey, he finds them all just fine. It's always the young ones that he chats up the most though! There were plenty of older Irish girls that he could have gone for. :lol:

GabrielHurl
07-14-2008, 07:36 AM
Irish girls - where, when?

Mrs. Workie
07-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Hey, he finds them all just fine. It's always the young ones that he chats up the most though!

Exactly...but 12 + 8 DOES NOT mean 20 ;)

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Irish girls - where, when?

Dude, did you walk the city at all? Every single girl selling the tour bus things for the one company were Irish!

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 07:42 AM
Exactly...but 12 + 8 DOES NOT mean 20 ;)

No, but 16+16 more than meets the qualifications. :lol:

GabrielHurl
07-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Dude, did you walk the city at all? Every single girl selling the tour bus things for the one company were Irish!

I did - but believe me - after 22 years of Irish girls everywhere - they are the last nationality I want to see over here

Mrs. Workie
07-14-2008, 07:44 AM
No, but 16+16 more than meets the qualifications. :lol:

Touche....in that case:

Atta Boy Deniz!!

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 07:49 AM
I did - but believe me - after 22 years of Irish girls everywhere - they are the last nationality I want to see over here

Considering the amount of 'talent', or lackthereof in Chicago... it was a warm welcome my friend. Besides, aside from one, they were all pretty enough. ;) I remember them saying something about coming over for the summer or something anyway.

GabrielHurl
07-14-2008, 07:50 AM
most cities, including this very city, become swamped with Irish students every summer.

Not hard to find - try McVeigh's at Church and Richmond on a Sunday night ;)

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 07:51 AM
I don't do Toronto. :lol: Unless TFC's playing. ;)

blackandwhite
07-14-2008, 08:07 AM

Actualy Shaughno's pick. He made us walk 30 minutes to this place. I just had to make sure the walk was worth it :)

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 08:07 AM
And it was!!!!

You guys thought I was kidding. Original Pancake House. Anytime you're in Chicago, find this place. It's on Bellavue, just down from Michigan Ave.

blackandwhite
07-14-2008, 08:11 AM
What can I do? people are drawn to strangers walking around with scarves in the middle of July!!

We told her we are Canadian and we'll order in French... She got all excited and started to talk to us in french..Obviously no reply from us :)

Mrs. Workie
07-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Actualy Shaughno's pick. He made us walk 30 minutes to this place. I just had to make sure the walk was worth it :)

Hey, as long as it was worth it ;)

Mrs. Workie
07-14-2008, 08:12 AM
What can I do? people are drawn to strangers walking around with scarves in the middle of July!!

We told her we are Canadian and we'll order in French... She got all excited and started to talk to us in french..Obviously no reply from us :)

:lol: See, if you're going to say something like that, you better be able to back it up!

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 08:13 AM
:lol: That was funny! She starts speaking in French, Deniz looks at me... I said, We really don't know any french. :lol: She seemed so disappointed. :rofl:

jayeden
07-14-2008, 08:17 AM
:lol: That was funny! She starts speaking in French, Deniz looks at me... I said, We really don't know any french. :lol: She seemed so disappointed. :rofl:

ohhh that Condaliza...or was it Cornileous

blackandwhite
07-14-2008, 08:17 AM
typical converstaion with strangers in Chicago...

American - "Hey you guys in for the Fire game?"
Us - "Yea just drove down! You guys going to the game too?"
American - "No..Where do they play?"
Us - "Toyota Park. In Bridgeview"
American - "How do you get there?"
Us - "It's near 55 and 294! See you there!"

Mrs. Workie
07-14-2008, 08:18 AM

WELL DUH! You can't say something like that and then not follow through!

Time for some French lessons boys ;)

First lesson: French Kissing...

GabrielHurl
07-14-2008, 08:21 AM
typical converstaion with strangers in Chicago...

American - "Hey you guys in for the Fire game?"
Us - "Yea just drove down! You guys going to the game too?"
American - "No..Where do they play?"
Us - "Toyota Park. In Bridgeview"
American - "How do you get there?"
Us - "It's near 55 and 294! See you there!"

Some people literally couldn't believe we travelled so far for a "sawwwwker" game

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 08:25 AM
^^ Yeah I know, people were amazed. Tried to intice some of the Irish girls out, but they wanted nothing of it.

KdotOdot
07-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Looks like I missed a good time. I went to Gatineau instead to watch my friend fight in some backwoods Quebec promotion.

Gatineau girls are easy. Oh well there's always new york.

Parkdale
07-14-2008, 09:03 AM
okay.... basic split list recap:
(trying to cover things not already mentioned)

The Good

- the dudes from Tribal Rhythm Nation brought a whole new level to the music.
It actually sounded like we were playing a real song, instead of just beating out
a simple rhythm. That extra element was just incredible.
- The junior security kid in the front row who probably had the best day on the job ever.
Plus he saw the whole 'thing' go down, and spoke with security after to make sure they
knew that it wasn't our guys who started shit.
- The reflective bean and the tour of downtown courtesy Longsleeves' buddy
- OMG.... the pizza at that place on Michigan street.
- The stadium was amazing. Makes BMO seem like it was built by the governenment
instead of by someone who knows what's really going on with the sport.

The Bad

- the loss
- people who show up to party with us in the parking lot before the game
but don't even bother to wear one piece of TFC gear, or even anything red.
Who the fuck travels all the way to chicago and then gets into the chants
but can't find a red shirt to wear? Tourists - that's who!

The Ugly
- beer shits. Worst thing ever. American beer doesn't help either.
- Smoking on a tour bus with no windows. Honestly... show a little respect.
Plus when people would ask for a smoke break less than 70 minutes past
the previous smoke break. If the bus stops every hour, we'd get nowhere.

Pyeddo
07-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Smoking on a tour bus with no windows. Honestly... show a little respect.
Plus when people would ask for a smoke break less than 70 minutes past
the previous smoke break. If the bus stops every hour, we'd get nowhere.

THANK YOU Parkdale... and... thank you Parkdale for all of your efforts!

Pyeddo
07-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Oh, and you know you wanted to watch Love Guru, don't lie

Section 117
07-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Guys

We did a kick ass version of both national athems. On my flight back on Sunday I ended up flying back with the team it was unbelievable.

Both Jimmy & Caraver asked what happeded and I said the Fire fans started we were just defending ourselves.

Side note Carver said something big is going down in the next day or two

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Guys

We did a kick ass version of both national athems. On my flight back on Sunday I ended up flying back with the team it was unbelievable.

Both Jimmy & Caraver asked what happeded and I said the Fire fans started we were just defending ourselves.

*cough* Sukur???

Rocco
07-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Parkdale rocked the trip. HE's defenitly Cptn of the year! my fav chant:

YOU'RE NOT GONNNA MAKE IT
YOU... YOU'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT
YOU'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT.... FROM THERE!!!!

Bluenose13
07-14-2008, 09:43 AM
A big thank you to Parkdale & Carts.....:hurray::hurray:

Section 117
07-14-2008, 09:43 AM
*cough* Sukur???
He wouldn't say but I think it has to do with McBride. As the transfer window opens soon

kitchener-TFC
07-14-2008, 09:52 AM
It's funny what some of the Fire supporters are saying on their boards about the TFC supporters.

They suggested that we are 'known' for taking off our colours and sneaking into other supporter sections to steal their flags and scarfs? WTH? TELL ME that no one does this. It sounds ridiculous. Next thing they'll be saying is that we steal children and live in houses made from the bones and skin of the other supporters that we kill each game.
Idiots.

I know a lot of people are going to tell me to forget about it, or that nothing happened, but what actually happened. It's like everyone's talking in secret.

Guys

Lucky you!:D, and hopefully we'll get someone who can score.

Pyeddo
07-14-2008, 09:52 AM
No shit... flew back with the team? Score

Section 117
07-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I know I had Rickets and Guevera in from of me on the plane Rohan doesn't like to fly.

At customs it was Jimmy, Carl and coach Carver. I told all the lads you need to beat Montreal

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Idiots.

I know a lot of people are going to tell me to forget about it, or that nothing happened, but what actually happened. It's like everyone's talking in secret.

Lucky you!:D, and hopefully we'll get someone who can score.

It was mentioned what happened already in this thread. Look it up for yourself.

FUCK OFF WITH THE BULLSHIT ALREADY

The reason anyone and everyone should remember this trip is that is was by far...

THE BEST SUPPORT TFC HAS EVER SEEN

GabrielHurl
07-14-2008, 09:58 AM

The reason anyone and everyone should remember this trip is that is was by far...

and the cheap beer - and the Pizza

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 10:00 AM
and the cheap beer - and the Pizza

Also fantastic things, yes. :D

sulfur
07-14-2008, 10:02 AM
- the dudes from Tribal Rhythm Nation brought a whole new level to the music. It actually sounded like we were playing a real song, instead of just beating out a simple rhythm. That extra element was just incredible.

and as an aside addendum... wayne (the steel drum dude) joined the RPB this weekend. he wants to try to get the TRN guys playing the chants both in time and in tune.

blackandwhite
07-14-2008, 10:03 AM

take it easy on the guy..he is from Kitchener too!! :)

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 10:03 AM
^^ Good news, not about RPB, that doesn't mean shit IMO. The fact that they want to get in touch with the rest of the supporters, that's what means something.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 10:04 AM
take it easy on the guy..he is from Kitchener too!! :)

If he wasn't there, he doesn't need to know anyway. ;)

Bluenose13
07-14-2008, 10:05 AM
and as an aside addendum... wayne (the steel drum dude) joined the RPB this weekend. he wants to try to get the TRN guys playing the chants both in time and in tune.The TRN group was fantastic......It would be great to have them on all our away trips......Great people that brought a little different sound that just added to best support I have ever heard.

Pyeddo
07-14-2008, 10:10 AM
If anyone found a set of keys (5 keys on a gold circular keyholder) on the bus or anytime before or after the trip, please PM me!!!!!!

BC101
07-14-2008, 10:16 AM

The only bullshit from that trip was having to come home without doing somethings that I wanted to do(IE that blonde I danced with in that bar/club) Everything was/is bomb... the NOISE!!! my voice still hasn't recovered from Saturday yet... and the "Brotherhood" about the ***** totally reinforces the fact I LOVE these away trips. Oh except Columbus LOL when yer town/city is shit to begin with theres not much hope.

FluSH
07-14-2008, 10:22 AM
and as an aside addendum... wayne (the steel drum dude) joined the RPB this weekend. he wants to try to get the TRN guys playing the chants both in time and in tune.

Wayne is good peoples... I've talked to him on numerous occasions. Good guy.

BC101
07-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Ah yeah I forgot to mention TRN's contribution... It totally gave us a new dimension.... ESP on Forza having them cooperate with us like that is simply amazing... THATS the sound of "Toronto" they/we should've tried to achieve when we all started out.. I guess what i mean it brings out the whole Toronto Multicultural stuff. All these sounds coming from the same section but on the same page.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Can you imagine if we had RPB/Usec/Ultras/TRN all within 2-3 sections? That would be amazing. Too bad MLSE will never make the attempt to let it happen.

Fiin
07-14-2008, 10:29 AM
The only bullshit from that trip was having to come home without doing somethings that I wanted to do(IE that blonde I danced with in that bar/club) Everything was/is bomb... the NOISE!!! my voice still hasn't recovered from Saturday yet... and the "Brotherhood" about the ***** totally reinforces the fact I LOVE these away trips. Oh except Columbus LOL when yer town/city is shit to begin with theres not much hope.

Agreed Brit, was awesome standing beside yah all game bud. Lol, we got SOAKED on the beer shower, the hat still smells from it :P

TRN rocked the house, and I dont say shit like that lightly. He had the small steel drum in with Brit and I near the front it it was perfect with the drums. Was a great trip.

Fiin
07-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Can you imagine if we had RPB/Usec/Ultras/TRN all within 2-3 sections? That would be amazing. Too bad MLSE will never make the attempt to let it happen.

I see how it is eh.. us North Enders smell or something?

BC101
07-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah that'd be bomb mate... BTW Deniz as the Capo was working really well have to admit that... The drums all in one place everything was good to go. Hopefully we did Usector right by their Ultra's call out... I think it went fairly well.

BC101
07-14-2008, 10:43 AM

He didn't mean that at all.. He just said these groups because their in the south end already.. As was stated by me and some others before... We'd love to have NEE become SEE but i doubt they'd want their identity taken away from them.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 10:43 AM

Yes, you smell. Actually I do believe Pedro said he never wanted to move the group to the south end if he was able to. ;)

Fiin
07-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes, you smell. Actually I do believe Pedro said he never wanted to move the group to the south end if he was able to. ;)

Naw I dont think we would.. I was just being finickery :)

Kevvv
07-14-2008, 10:47 AM

The issue with the anthem was that we were noisy when the US one started. The reason we were noisy was to get our section to remove their hats. Fire fans may have thought we were being dicks, because you could barely hear their anthem. But as was said, we picked it up from “rockets red glare,” more or less.

No, but 16+16 more than meets the qualifications.

Basic math, 22 goes into 44 more than 44 goes into 22.

Some people literally couldn't believe we travelled so far for a "sawwwwker" game

Unfortunately, US and Canadian customs agents are amongst the non-believers.

Mrs. Workie
07-14-2008, 10:48 AM
ESP on Forza having them cooperate with us like that is simply amazing...

We could hear this loud and clear on TV- amazing guys!

GabrielHurl
07-14-2008, 10:48 AM

you definitely smell like ass chips

Velvet Elvis
07-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Did anyone bring me back a slice of ZA ???

:D

Fiin
07-14-2008, 10:49 AM
you definitely smell like ass chips

You sir, are a mean little leprechaun.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Did anyone bring me back a slice of ZA ???

:D

Yeah.. but I shit it out this morning. :D

BC101
07-14-2008, 10:52 AM
We could hear this loud and clear on TV- amazing guys!

Yeah it was cool Mel you missed... and were missed down there. TRN really got some respect from me for their efforts down there.. Instead of the usual Tink Tonk Tink...

Oblio2
07-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Guys (and gals)
I couldn't make the trip..and haven't been able to access the board all weekend but this thread. which I am reading at work is one of the funniest f****ng things I have read.
Nice job:hump:

masrawy
07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Big fuck you goes to everyone that thinks organization doesn't work. We just topped Montreal, by doing what, improving the organization in the stands.

It was funny to see some "supporters" sulking and bitching about the chants while the "tourists" were shouting their heads off. I take back what I said last week about the people I used to call casuals, there are still a few out there that we can reach out to.

Shaughno, you killed it on that drum. That was the funnest time I've had in the stands ever. Deniz, if you people want to see what support is about, look at this dude, I don't think he saw more than one minute of the match, back turned to the pitch and ensuring the crowd was going the whole 90, the way it should be done. Flush took over as capo for the top half, did a great job, it was also good to finally meet your bros. Big shout out to TRN, I take back everything I said about them, solid group of guys, and the sound they bring is awesome.

BC and Barbarez, wish I could have chilled out with you guys later at night, they wouldn't let my sister into the bar so I had to dop back to the hotel. Next time.

And just incase you missed it:

Toronto FC
allez allez allez
allez allez allez
allez allez allez

Toronto FC
allez allez allez
allez allez allez
allez allez allez

Ole ole Ole olo
Oh yes we love you, Toronto
Ole ole ole olo

JwhGoQIF-Oo
1_ivp2oUaA

Parkdale
07-14-2008, 01:03 PM
^ video link seems to be down

Marc"2L"
07-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Quickly... we were in row 12, seats 9&10. Girl in row 11 ate a bottle to the head from the bald fire fan who was calling us all on. We didn't go right after him, but after another bottle came in, bottles were sent back in return. This just escalated until the fight(s) broke out.

-100 points to the "security" at the stadium, what a fucking joke. Way to watch bottles fly and not make the least bit of effort to do anything.

Sometimes you need to protect the people you're with, and this was a case of exactly that. I'll sum the incident up by saying yes, we agitated the shit out of the Chicago ("fuck chicago, fuck fuck chicago" for example, or the thunderstick one... (which was gold btw) ), but we DID NOT instigate. There is a fine line between the two and we walked it with the best.

If we're going to talk about it, this is good.

And this is bad

Did you guys teach those Fire fans?

kthxbye.

masrawy
07-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Just a little thing.

Couple of us NEE who paid for the shuttle bus to and from the stadium couldn't get on one on the way back. All of them were full, assuming a bunch of people who didn't pay got on. One bus had space, we get to the door, some RPB in the first seat told us we can't get in, only the people behind us could (who were RPB). I nearly got into it with the dude. Anyways, we were lucky one member brought a van over, else we would have been stuck in the middle of no where.

Just something to remember next time.

Dave67
07-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Deniz, if you people want to see what support is about, look at this dude, I don't think he saw more than one minute of the match, back turned to the pitch and ensuring the crowd was going the whole 90, the way it should be done.

I was in row 2 and had B&W facing me the whole night. You are right it is amazing. I can vouch that he could not have seen more than 2 minutes of the game. I just wish my voice could go 90 minutes. Damn thing was shot after 45.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Big fuck you goes to everyone that thinks organization doesn't work. We just topped Montreal, by doing what, improving the organization in the stands.

It was funny to see some "supporters" sulking and bitching about the chants while the "tourists" were shouting their heads off. I take back what I said last week about the people I used to call casuals, there are still a few out there that we can reach out to.

Shaughno, you killed it on that drum. That was the funnest time I've had in the stands ever. Deniz, if you people want to see what support is about, look at this dude, I don't think he saw more than one minute of the match, back turned to the pitch and ensuring the crowd was going the whole 90, the way it should be done. Flush took over as capo for the top half, did a great job, it was also good to finally meet your bros. Big shout out to TRN, I take back everything I said about them, solid group of guys, and the sound they bring is awesome.

BC and Barbarez, wish I could have chilled out with you guys later at night, they wouldn't let my sister into the bar so I had to dop back to the hotel. Next time.

And just incase you missed it:

Toronto FC
allez allez allez
allez allez allez
allez allez allez

Toronto FC
allez allez allez
allez allez allez
allez allez allez

Ole ole Ole olo
Ole ole ole olo

JwhGoQIF-Oo
1_ivp2oUaA

Not sure what's up with the code in the second vid...

Dude, mad props all over. Amazing support, best yet by far. Having Big Red right beside you was KEY. Made the second half somehow more enjoyable than the first.

And I fucking LOVE that chant.

and to those who said a Capo was not a good idea, if you enjoyed the support in Shitcago, you enjoyed a capo. Thanks D.

Technorgasm
07-14-2008, 01:52 PM
The GREAT
- Having the day to see some of Chicago
- Chicago Lakeshore = awesome Toronto should learn from it
- Blue Moon pitchers with King Dave and crew at my first Chicago dive bar.
- Getting kicked out of said bar, by "Pony Tail Ponce" dude
- Drinkin / smokin in the alley with the boys before the bus came to take us to the game and scaring the loacls "Holligans in the alley. . watch out" hahaha
- **Blonde Beauty Victoria . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
- Buddy Guy's Legends bar, that guy blew the stage apart! SO aweome
- "Dude, your cougar bait. . your the meat in the pirrana tank. .watch out!"
- THE Mostt unbelieveable fan support, it was SO loud
- The Us Anthem, see above
- SHAUGNO ON THE DRUM + capo FLUSH + capo DENIZ = UNBELIEVEABLE UNITY!!!
- Ibbys Goal, and our reaction. .
- Cock Meat Sandwich
- wicked time at the tailgate, everyone was so friendly. . and SO PUMPED it was electric
- FINALLY GETTING INTO TOYOTA PARK AND SEEING THE MATCH!!= REVENGE!

The Bad
- Not getting a bobble head (probably would have thrown it in-appropriately)
- Beer + Cigarette butt = gross haha
- I love the moxy but. . . "team of andy wlesch" was sung just 1 or 2 times too many haha
- The lil bit of trouble at the end of the match, but more importantly the Number of Key Strokes of discussion on the board that it would no doubt get. predictable, and unfortunate.
- JUST making it back intiem to catch the bus home

The Ugly
- Washrrom of MAss Destruction!!! seriously, I think someone stashed a dead hooker in there. .
- Guru Pitka can fuck off
- Chicago Fire can FUck off
- Conceeding in the final minute can fuck off
- Chicago fire can fuck off x2
- I thought we deserved 2 penalties, one for a push in the box, the other for a non-call hand ball. no call can Fuck Off
-

Fiin
07-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Having capos was awesome. It really really cleaned things up once people figured out what was going on :D

The Professor
07-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Now that the system is back up and running - here are a few highlights from the tailgate, the march in, and the game.

Travel: the best edumacation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djro_a-ZRBI

More photos:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1AbtG7lw0ZMnFA

And, caught on film: Chicago's mascot is also the team's talent scout:

Kevvv
07-15-2008, 09:16 AM
FYI, this was masrawy's second link...

-1_ivp2oUaA

KrazyKanadian
07-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Pictures are up in the Multimedia forum:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=3238

Technorgasm
07-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Rubbish

Ryan1984
07-15-2008, 01:52 PM
my favorite part of the game was when they brought the dog out to run around the field and some guys were chanting kill the fu*king dog. seeing the look on the faces of the fire fans was priceless