PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,Jun.04

denime
06-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Mornin'

TFC TV

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video)Canada Draws U.S. In Friendly

(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/06/canada-draws-us-friendly)Strong showing for Canada (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/06/03/canada_usa_friendly_draw/)

An honest friendly (http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/An-honest-Friendly)

Canada holds U.S. to scoreless draw (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/03/canada-holds-us-to-scoreless-draw)

Canada, U.S. men battle to scoreless draw in Toronto friendly (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2012/06/03/sp-soccer-canada-us-men-friendly.html)

TFC Related Blogs !!

(http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?29582-TFC-MLS-blogs-thread)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video)

Technorgasm
06-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Fantastic game of football last night, very entertaining. . and I thought we were teh better side. eat it Dempsey.

C.Ronaldo
06-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Love seeing Dero back.

His fire and drive is contagious

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks to all that help make last night so memorable. Thanks for lending your voices for our lads in red (blue). Now let's focus on some nailbiting fixtures starting this Friday!

Complete Mens Schedule below!:canada:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/?t=schedule_new.tpl&tid=all&gender=1

[NBF]
06-04-2012, 09:10 AM
DeGuzman, added another yellow card to his collection from TFC and the CMNT. Guy just cant catch a break I guess. Also, Junior Hoilett was at the game and he looks like he might come in and play for the team, but if he was serious about it you'd think he would consider playing in the the world cup qualifiers.

JDG2, I dont think he will play for the CMNT, he might not be able to get a passport. He waited to long I guess.

I was impressed with the tie but I think this was a watered down version of the USA team. Kinda like an A-minus.

denime
06-04-2012, 09:17 AM
;1496511']DeGuzman, added another yellow card to his collection from TFC and the CMNT. Guy just cant catch a break I guess. Also, Junior Hoilett was at the game and he looks like he might come in and play for the team, but if he was serious about it you'd think he would consider playing in the the world cup qualifiers.

JDG2, I dont think he will play for the CMNT, he might not be able to get a passport. He waited to long I guess.

JDG2 WILL NOT PLAY FOR CMNT,I was told that few weeks back.He must return Dutch passport and citizenship if he takes Canadian back,since Dutch passport is a huge part of his livelihood it wont happened.Hoilett at the other hand is closer to CMNT now more than before,he is still waiting to get a contract that will secure his future,and I can't blame him for that.Soccer carrier is short and he should look whats best for himself first.

If CMNT gets good results in first two games we might see him in CMNT August/September,by that time his contract situation should be solved.

Roogsy
06-04-2012, 09:22 AM
1 out of 2 aint bad.

Hopefully.

I am still not so certain about Junior. From what I have heard internally, he still hasn't made up his mind. Jamaica is still a real possibility.

Ageroo
06-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Hoilett at the other hand is closer to CMNT now more than before,he is still waiting to get a contract that will secure his future,and I can't blame him for that.Soccer carrier is short and he should look whats best for himself first.

If CMNT gets good results in first two games we might see him in CMNT August/September,by that time his contract situation should be solved.

I agree here......we wion't hear anything until after his contract is settled....and you know something....this performance against the States may have turned his head a bit in Canada's direction.

Roogsy
06-04-2012, 09:29 AM
I agree here......we wion't hear anything until after his contract is settled....and you know something....this performance against the States may have turned his head a bit in Canada's direction.

That is what I was hoping. I hope he saw last night and said "Hmmm...I could help this team and together we can make some noise!".

Wishful thinking maybe. Or he might have been thinking "Hmmm...these Chip Butties aren't very good."

Gazza
06-04-2012, 09:32 AM
1 out of 2 aint bad.

Hopefully.

I am still not so certain about Junior. From what I have heard internally, he still hasn't made up his mind. Jamaica is still a real possibility.

Arash Madani mentioned he was off to Jamaica with his family for a holiday. Maybe the hot sun will turn him off since he's so used to those beautiful Lancashire winters.

scooter
06-04-2012, 10:17 AM
mornin d

i think if you pic another country to play for other than the one who provided health care and schools for you growing up thats fine
but dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way there and dont come back to canada even for a visit

Canary10
06-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Would have been nice if we'd had a sell-out last night. That might have inspired him more. I was a bit diappointed with the size of the crowd, I have to say.

Ageroo
06-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Would have been nice if we'd had a sell-out last night. That might have inspired him more. I was a bit diappointed with the size of the crowd, I have to say.

I am disappointed as well....but friendlies have never been big draws in Toronto.....Let's hope the WCQ match is better attended and not by Hondurans of course. :)

Strikers
06-04-2012, 11:47 AM
With regards to Junior, I've been reading on soccer boards and hearing conversations for the past few months now that his father is the biggest reason Junior has not decided yet.

It seems his father is putting some pressure for him to play for Jamaica instead of Canada. Not sure how true it is, but this is probably the biggest
reason Canada continues to lose ground in our confederation. Seems that people who come to Canada to start new lives still want their kids to play for their old country. Which I will then ask the question why come to Canada in the first place?

Canary10
06-04-2012, 11:50 AM
I am disappointed as well....but friendlies have never been big draws in Toronto.....Let's hope the WCQ match is better attended and not by Hondurans of course. :)

True. The United States should be a pretty big draw though. There are some pretty big names on that team.

Ageroo
06-04-2012, 11:54 AM
True. The United States should be a pretty big draw though. There are some pretty big names on that team.

Meaningless games seem to draw less than capcity crowd......(i.e. TFC games....;))

Gazza
06-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I was at the game in '08 against Honduras. So i have a bad feeling about the 12th. I have paid for 10 non-soccer fans to come wearing red for that reason alone.

Hopefully people of toronto come out in droves.

ag futbol
06-04-2012, 12:30 PM
^ good call. I'm going to make a point of going to this one as well.

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
With regards to Junior, I've been reading on soccer boards and hearing conversations for the past few months now that his father is the biggest reason Junior has not decided yet.

It seems his father is putting some pressure for him to play for Jamaica instead of Canada. Not sure how true it is, but this is probably the biggest
reason Canada continues to lose ground in our confederation. Seems that people who come to Canada to start new lives still want their kids to play for their old country. Which I will then ask the question why come to Canada in the first place?

To have their cake and eat it, too. Believe me, I don't agree the sentiment at all. Selfish.

bigredone
06-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I was at the game in '08 against Honduras. So i have a bad feeling about the 12th. I have paid for 10 non-soccer fans to come wearing red for that reason alone.

Hopefully people of toronto come out in droves.

During a month when Portugues love flying their colours I am able to get 02 to tag along sporting RED. Any ideas for pre-game rally spots at BMO???

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2012, 01:26 PM
During a month when Portugues love flying their colours I am able to get 02 to tag along sporting RED. Any ideas for pre-game rally spots at BMO???

If you're asking where Canada fans are gathering before the game it's at Maro. 135 Liberty St. starting at 4pm. See you there!

los sonadores
06-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Interesting Richard Whittall article on JDG and TFC/CNT

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2012/06/04/the-paul-peschisolido-memorial-canadian-content-post-—-why-was-julian-de-guzman-great-for-canada-and-not-for-toronto-fc/#more-28181

Roogsy
06-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Great info. Thanks!

GuelphStorm2007
06-04-2012, 06:36 PM
I was at the game last nite also I was very impressed with the way Canada played, should at least had a goal , do not know how Jackson missed that . My only complaint was going into shoeless pre game and seeing all those Americans and there Don't tread on me Nonsense.

bigredone
06-04-2012, 07:16 PM
If you're asking where Canada fans are gathering before the game it's at Maro. 135 Liberty St. starting at 4pm. See you there!

Great! Thanks, I hope to make it.

:canada:TRUE PATRIOT LOVE:canada:

Ajax TFC
06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Hoilett: I really don't understand his excuse for not picking a national team. He wants to be more sure about his future at a club level first? Since when does being an international ruin your club career? Most people jump at the opportunity to play for their country ASAP. How can someone who's almost 22 have their career ruined by international duty any more than someone who's 25, or 29, or 35? If he isn't ready for international duty now, then there's no reason for him to ever be ready.
Newest reports are that Borussia Monchengladbach are now leading the way to get his signature

JDG2: So why is it that JDG2 can't have dual citizenship, but I can despite never having set foot in Holland? An EU passport is extremely valuable for any career in Europe. Don't expect him to ever give it up

David_Oliveira
06-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I really liked ledgerwood. I thought he had a good game. Wouldn't mind seeing him in TFC red

denime
06-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Hoilett: I really don't understand his excuse for not picking a national team. He wants to be more sure about his future at a club level first? Since when does being an international ruin your club career? Most people jump at the opportunity to play for their country ASAP. How can someone who's almost 22 have their career ruined by international duty any more than someone who's 25, or 29, or 35? If he isn't ready for international duty now, then there's no reason for him to ever be ready.
Newest reports are that Borussia Monchengladbach are now leading the way to get his signature

JDG2: So why is it that JDG2 can't have dual citizenship, but I can despite never having set foot in Holland? An EU passport is extremely valuable for any career in Europe. Don't expect him to ever give it up

Being international player wont ruin your carier if you are SA or European player,being a NA player in Europe can hurt your carrier if you miss few games and many team practices because of NT.

When you have to travel half the world to play a game for your country vs St.Kitts,clubs usually put pressure on younger players that don't have long term contracts not to play for NT.

It's one thing to travel from England to Poland and than to play in Croatia ,try to travel to from Europe to Canada and than fly again to St.Kitts and back to Europe in one week,there is no way you will get your spot back in the team after traveling half the world and 3 time zones in 7 days.De Jong lost his place in the first team of Roda JC because of CMNT,it's not worth it unless you have secure spot in starting 11 and good contract,can't blame them for that.

If Holiett get 3-4 years contract he will play for NT,witch one I don't know but he will for sure.

JDG2,no brainier for me,can't have dual citizenship,keep one that is your bred and butter,in this case Dutch,would do it myself.