PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Adrian Serioux?

MartinUtd
06-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Did he lose a step? I was just reading his wiki page where it said he was not selected in the re-entry draft back in 2010 and has since been a free agent. I know that seems like eons ago and he's almost 34 now - and was never particularly nimble to begin with, but you've got to think he'd have something more to offer than the majority of our CB's. Sure he was prone to fouling people a lot, but he was a good tackler, something we haven't seen much of in the middle.

Now that I read that over again it seems pretty desperate. Anyone closer to the story have insight? (Yohan, I'm looking in your direction)

edit- damn it, I spelled his name wrong and can't seem to fix the title. Can a mod fix it? It's driving me crazy.

denime
06-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Retired 2 years ago and working on GoLTV.He is one of analysts and commentators on TFC TV/GoLTV.

habstfc
06-03-2012, 12:02 PM
He works for gol tv for the last 2 years.

ecospice
06-03-2012, 12:05 PM
After a knee injury I believe he developed a very painful, degenerative, knee condition. I think that is what forced him to retire.

MartinUtd
06-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Cheers, you guys wrapped that one up for me pretty quickly!

Too bad about the knee though. I remember the huge stone cold steve austin like brace he had now.

Roogsy
06-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Bring back the dreads!

Cashcleaner
06-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I can't recall the name of the condition, but I believe it's chronic. Luckily nothing too severe, but enough to keep him off the pitch. At least he was able to land on his feet at GolTV, though.

sulfur
06-04-2012, 08:27 AM
He also had an issue with his neck (spinal column?) toward the end of his career, which likely contributed to the desire to retire.

maxpower
06-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Well the injuries probably played a major part in his decision to retire, but frankly he just wasn't very good towards then end there( probably didn't help that he was playing beside nick Garcia).

Yohan
06-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Well the injuries probably played a major part in his decision to retire, but frankly he just wasn't very good towards then end there( probably didn't help that he was playing beside nick Garcia).
I think his injuries really hampered his game bc early that season, he singlehandedly destroyed opposition offence in few games. Plus his Delap-esque long throws and although his passing was meh, he had deft first touch.

And who can ever forget his 'welcome to mls' tackle on beckham when he used to play for dallas

Roogsy
06-04-2012, 10:14 AM
And who can ever forget his 'welcome to mls' tackle on beckham when he used to play for dallas

:hurray:

Loved it.

Reminded me of this:

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2012/02/muhammad-ali.jpg

RedRum
06-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Great player before the injuries took their toll, really a shame what happened. As Yohan said he was absolute beast when he first came here.

Standing behind the net in Montreal when he smashed home that header against Honduras was a moment I'll never forget.

I remember his first game back at BMO after getting traded. When he came to the NW corner he looked at 127 uncomfortably thinking he was gonna get verbally abused. He received nothing but respect and you could tell he genuinely appreciated hearing his song again and applauded us. Pure class he was and one of my fave players to wear the badge.