PDA

View Full Version : Opinion about the first TFC jersey

Doucet3
06-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Hey all was just wondering what some of your opinions on the first TFC jersey I have is.

Well I have the very first TFC jersey the one with no sponsor and TORONTO FC on the front, was wondering if I should put BRENNAN - first Canadian and TFC captian played just under 100 games for us, DICHIO - Scored the first TFC goal in history ntm at BMO or keep it BLANK - could be worth cash in 20-30 years know what I mean?, just want some of your opinions on it.

Cheers

TOBOR !
06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Will defo not be worth any cash, but if you're interested in credibility go with Danny... otherwise opt for comedy and get Reda (#4) or Braz (#3)

eustacchio
06-01-2012, 08:51 AM
I say Dichio if anybody, but if you've waited this long why do it now?

Doucet3
06-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Will defo not be worth any cash, but if you're interested in credibility go with Danny... otherwise opt for comedy and get Reda (#4) or Braz (#3)

I know it isn't worth much now I meant in the future... Far future lol, maybe De Rosario with $$ as the numbers lol

Yagbod
06-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Agreed, no name. And I can tell you it worth cash now, if it is an XL or XXL. (wanna sell it?)

Fort York Redcoat
06-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Nothing on back!! You can't get the proper lettering font from the time period any more!

eustacchio
06-01-2012, 08:59 AM
I did recently purchase one myself, actually (and some scarves that I didn't have/went missing).

Doucet3
06-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Agreed, no name. And I can tell you it worth cash now, if it is an XL or XXL. (wanna sell it?)
XL (don't like my kits tight on me) and nope not yet hoping to hand it down to my kid whenever I have one, in 50 years when he's all grown up and supports TFC he can say he has the first every kit.

And yea from the quick response I think ill keep it just blank, thanks everyone (probably the best option)

Lucky Strike
06-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Nothing on back!! You can't get the proper lettering font from the time period any more!

Those were my thoughts, I have a Dichio 2007 shirt with no sponsor on the front and the 07 lettering to go with it. I love it but am afraid to wear since it cannot be replaced.

Fort York Redcoat
06-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Those were my thoughts, I have a Dichio 2007 shirt with no sponsor on the front and the 07 lettering to go with it. I love it but am afraid to wear since it cannot be replaced.

Mine is year 2 with the sponsor, good old lettering that has started to peel from over use.:(

Got a new Canada jersey to make me feel better.:canada:

bigredone
06-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I love this jersey and have the same. There is much wear and tear on mine, but it adds so much character. DICHIO is the way I would go.

bigredone
06-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Put "Lastman" "Miller" or "Ford" hahahaha

West220Side
06-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Either or.
My two cents would be if you put a name on it, there's no reason to not want to get it signed some day.
Go for it.

Derko
06-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Me and my wife both have the original no sponsor jersey from year 1, no name, I prefer this jersey over any of the BMO jersey's, because I don't like shirt sponsors, just the team name and crest does it for us.

yellowfellow
06-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Players never wore the no-sponsor jersey, right? I vote for no name.

__wowza
06-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Players never wore the no-sponsor jersey, right? I vote for no name.

this..

and this..

Put "Lastman" "Miller" or "Ford" hahahaha

but please god not this!

i agree, leave it blank. and who knows.. when the clubs celebrating its 75th anniversary in the same year it's won it's 10th champions league (a man can dream, can't he?) it'll be worth something.

RedRum
06-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Meh. Everyone has the red no sponsor - who was smart enough to tuck away a gray? They are probably 15x more rare, those will be the most valuable eventually.

FYR is right, dont put anything on it unless you can get the proper lettering and number. As someone who has dealt in jerseys for over 13 years, nothing grinds my gears more than butchering a nice item.

nascarguy
06-01-2012, 04:52 PM
dichio for home and jim for the away jersey

Jack
06-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I have a red and a grey with no sponsor. They've seen some battles and are worn on the shoulders from my drum straps, but I love 'em.

jabbronies
06-02-2012, 09:17 AM
You should get Time Magazine Person of the Century and best TFC player ever to wear the Red and White - Ronnie O'Brien

jloome
06-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Mine's a year one sponsor that has been washed enough times now that the lettering is starting to pucker a little.

Anyone got a Laurent Robert or a Paulo Nagamura? That would be a rarity.

Oblio2
06-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Andy Welsh

I have the original jersey too....

Derko
06-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Meh. Everyone has the red no sponsor - who was smart enough to tuck away a gray? They are probably 15x more rare, those will be the most valuable eventually.

FYR is right, dont put anything on it unless you can get the proper lettering and number. As someone who has dealt in jerseys for over 13 years, nothing grinds my gears more than butchering a nice item.

I have a gray no sponsor, Jim Brennan signed it at that end of season meet and greet party in year 1.