PDA

View Full Version : so whats plan E?

Kickit09
07-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Ameobi, Huckerby, Dickov (not officially yet but its obvious), Nuno Gomes all said no to TFC and would rather play somewhere else... so whats plan E? who's left that might actually consider coming here AND make the team better?

Cas87
07-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Ali Gerba?

Razcle
07-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Gerba is looking more and more like the option...I am just not convinced he can bring it game in and game out...he is a bit of a bulldogg that has some ground skills and thats what we need upfront.

egoodwin
07-13-2008, 12:36 PM
plan E = get rid of the field turf so that we can sign Plan F

NateDoGG
07-13-2008, 12:37 PM
screw strikers we need a fuckin defender who can hold the back line, its bullshit

noochie
07-13-2008, 12:40 PM
screw strikers we need a fuckin defender who can hold the back line, its bullshit

And some CM's that can distribute and cause some trouble.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Darren Byfield, Malcolm Christie, and Wayne Andrews - all have been consistent goal scorers at the Championship level in England and are available on a free transfer. There are options out there, I have faith Mo is going to get something done. Might not be jaw dropping, headline grabbing, but I’m not convinced we can’t get things done without a DP.

Flipityflu
07-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Ibby?

arsenal
07-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Carlos Ruiz

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-13-2008, 12:59 PM
It would be nice if they could land some for Tuesdays’s game - give the player chance to play a little with the team in the friendly match.

giambac
07-13-2008, 05:50 PM

Plan E is to fire Carver.

TFC hasn't won a game in their past 6 games since Carver treated the international players (Guevera, Edu, Sutton,Marshall etc) as kids and sat them on the bench against KC. TFC ended up tieing the lowly KC team and haven't won since.

Wining is contagious as is losing. Carver treated his players like kids and has lost their respect. Now losing has become contagoius for this team.

They haven't won at home in 3 games
They haven't won in their past 6 games
They couldn't beat the Vancouver White Caps (USL Team) in their 2 games
They are at risk of losing the CC
They are at risk of moving into last place in their confererence (only 1 point ahead of KC and NY).

Thanks Carver you BUM.

Azerban
07-13-2008, 05:57 PM
if your plan is to fire carver you're universally dumb

giambac
07-13-2008, 06:05 PM
if your plan is to fire carver you're universally dumb

He is at the root of our problems.

He doesn't know which players shouls start,
he treats his palyers like kids,
he is to consumed with yelling at the other coach and 4th referee an dnot as focused on the game
he doesn't want any canadaians on the team
the only players he wants are those he coached back home, he won't look at or consider any other players

Laurignano
07-13-2008, 06:18 PM

he is to consumed with yelling at the other coach and 4th referee an dnot as focused on the game
the only players he wants are those he coached back home, he won't look at or consider any other players

Some of that is true, BUT without him, I dont see the team having the players we have today playing for our squad. Just be patient. We are only 2 years old.

Shaughno
07-13-2008, 07:01 PM

Would you like me to put you in touch with TFC? Or should I talk to your agent? I mean, you must be way more qualified than Carver the way you talk about what he does and doesn't do.

Ever consider that the players just aren't cutting it on the pitch? Sure Carver may make mistakes, he's only human but what about the mistakes the players make on the pitch on a game to game basis.

Roogsy
07-13-2008, 07:08 PM
What's the old saying?

You can only make do with what you have.

I don't blame Carver at all. So far, he has put in place a system that should work. It's now up to the players to pull their weight.

Roogsy
07-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Plan E?

It should either be screw getting a DP and tank the year or decide to make a splash and spend the money. Going after Gomes seems to indicate the latter...and that is good.

I hope they find someone in Europe who wants to put his stamp on MLS. Does Henry necessarily have to go to Seattle? There is no way to lure him here right? I guess after playing in the Nou Camp...it has to be a massive letdown to play at BMO.

Maybe we shouldn't bother with the marketing aspect of this and just get someone who is proven to be able to score but isn't looking for marketing opportunities. In that case...I don't think Europe is the way to go. I think looking in Latin America or Africa is the way to go. For $1million or 2, you can get a solid almost-star. For 3 or 4 mill you can get a bonafide superstar.

Shaughno
07-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Not only should work, does work when the players pull their weight.

Smenge
07-13-2008, 07:17 PM
There are a few unsigned forwards on that Russian national team that would look good here.

Roogsy
07-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey...what about Sheva?

1) He is currently discounted in the market.
2) His wife is American.
3) We have a big Ukrainian community in Toronto.

Come on! We have to think big!

Nuvinho
07-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I am a big Sheva fan. He would do well in MLS, b/c he knows how to finish.

Going to bring this up again, I know he has a criminal record, but probably will be able to play in Canada........Kluivert. Didn't TFC offer him a contract?

Roogsy
07-13-2008, 07:22 PM
I would love to see Sheva in TFC colours. The dude is going to want to prove a point about his time at Chelsea and we could use that motivation here.

Ricketts and Robert crossing balls into Sheva? :hump:

Chevy
07-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I would love to see Sheva in TFC colours. The dude is going to want to prove a point about his time at Chelsea and we could use that motivation here.

Ricketts and Robert crossing balls into Sheva? :hump:

Apparently he's going to Sampdoria.

trane
07-13-2008, 08:46 PM

I do not disagree with this, I like the players in the sence that they have improved alot, but I would love to see us get a world class defender there, we would have already won 3 to 5 more games if we had one, and a couple of losses would have resulted in draws.

trane
07-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey...what about Sheva?

1) He is currently discounted in the market.
2) His wife is American.
3) We have a big Ukrainian community in Toronto.

Come on! We have to think big!

I am not a huge Sheva fan, despite his AC Milan history, however, I would love to see him in Toronto. He would be THE striker in the MLS. I think you have something there, but I would say it is an outside chance. From what I have read in Italian newspapers, that in even the most prelimenary talks between Milan and Chelsea, it was indicated that they would demand a huge price for him, despite his almost complete inactivity in the past two seasons.

kitchener-TFC
07-13-2008, 09:42 PM
lol

Thanks Carver you BUM.
I completely disagree! Sure he rewards players when they do well, and sits out others, but this sour patch is not all of Carver's fault.

Why's this?

Daveisonfire
07-13-2008, 10:28 PM
We just have to sit tight until the McBride situation gets sorted out...after that, I have a feeling we will be just fine:)

I trust Mo and Carver will get us back on track

S_D
07-13-2008, 11:31 PM
interesting post on the TFC boards on BS in the pre/postgame Chicago game:
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15140427#post15140427

oh and on a sidenote, paul winsper told me, in a conversation we had about dichio, that on tuesday TFC fans will be very happy. alluding to an acquisition. only hint he gave me was that he's not canadian.

So let's wait til Tuesday (July 15th transfer window) to see what happens. I would imagine this has something to do with McBride.

I have a feeling that once this occurs we will see a few more moves as roster space will have to be made available.

You say Carver screwed up. You are entitled to your opinion but man he has to play the players he has, and not play the ones who are a waste of space. And you have to test things sometimes in games. You can run plays and set up formations all you want in training but until you actually play a game using it, you don't know whether or not it will truly work.

He tried the 3-5-2 (since Tebily and Dunny are out) and it didn't work so he sent a note out to Robinson to change the formation and got Ricketts on the pitch. As soon as this happened the team settled down.

Would you have rather seen Cunningham start? I supported Cunningham for the longest time and have given up. It was worth trying Robert up front to see what would happen. If Robert had scored I am sure you would be complaining that our wing attack wasn't good enough.

The man took a risk playing Ibee, a 16 year old and it paid off. He did more this game 1v1 on a keeper than Cunningham has done all season.

He yells at the 4th official? Hell I scream at my TV set every time I see a ref make a call. MLS officials suck ass. If more coaches like Kreis got some balls and criticized the officials maybe something would be done about it.

He doesn't want Canadians on the team? I guess that's why Jimmy B and Sutton are on the bench every game.

He only wants players he coached? lol... better permanently bench Guevera and Ricketts and may as well add James and Ibee too. And why bother try to acquire a player for McBride? May as well ask for allocation money then and be done with it.

The only error I thought Carver made was not bringing in a fresh pair of legs with the last substitution in the last 10 minutes. But reflecting on that, what happens if someone gets injured after the sub has been made? We'd be down to 10 men.

NF-FC
07-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Hakan Sukur?

v00d00daddy
07-14-2008, 12:43 PM

TFC hasn't won a game in their past 6 games since Carver treated the international players (Guevera, Edu, Sutton,Marshall etc) as kids and sat them on the bench against KC. TFC ended up tieing the lowly KC team and haven't won since.

Wining is contagious as is losing. Carver treated his players like kids and has lost their respect. Now losing has become contagoius for this team.

They haven't won at home in 3 games
They haven't won in their past 6 games
They couldn't beat the Vancouver White Caps (USL Team) in their 2 games
They are at risk of losing the CC
They are at risk of moving into last place in their confererence (only 1 point ahead of KC and NY).

Thanks Carver you BUM.

I don't think firing Carver right now is a good idea.

That being said, you can't argue with the points made here.

The question now is who is at fault?

Yes..the players of course. But the coach has to take some of the blame as well. I personally think that sitting some of your best players to reward some of your 2nd tier players is a HUGE mistake.

These guys are professionals and they expect to be treated that way.

You don't lose your spot in the starting 11 when you leave for Intl' duty and you sure as hell don't earn a starting 11 spot at the expense of players that are better than you.

That's the only beef I have with Carver. That and the 5 man midfield. I think there is only room for one of either Edu or Robbo. Too much lack of distribution in the middle with them both on.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Hakan Sukur?

Apparently

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=20646