PDA

View Full Version : Crazy idea...Juninho for DP.

LucaGol
07-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Rather than making our DP a striker...I say we go after a bigger fish.

Juninho is currently 33 years old and I believe is at the exit door of Olympique Lyon. With his style of play, he could probably play 1, 2 more years in Europe or even go back to Brazil (which may be more likely) or rumoured to be headed to Japan.

Or we can offer him our DP slot and pay him 1-2 million to come to TFC and organize our midfield.

I believe that a huge problem of ours is that the two central players in our squad...Maurice Edu and Carl Robinson...are both defensive midfielders who give away possession far too easily. Many attacks die at their boots because they just are not good enough at holding possession, making cutting passes, or even quick one touch passes to start attacks. That being said, we've gotten by with our decent wing-play and mediocre finishing.

However, now it seems as if the problem has become less about finishing and more about open play creation of chances. We have one main inventor in our squad...Amado Guevara...who let's face it...makes everything happen. MLS has proven itself to be a league where the top teams thrive on keeping possession...some sort of fusion of Mexican and Italian playing styles. If we can get a second schemer in the middle...more deep lying like Juninho would be...we would be set. As long as we use our allocation money...and Brian McBride trade to pick up 2 quality strikers (let's say for argument's sake...McBride for Conde straight up and our allocation money for Paul Dickov....Cunningham gets released....Edu gets sent to Sunderland for possibly more allocation money and to free up more funds to get a better striker).

We could line up something like this....

Wynne---Conde---Marshall---Brennan
---------------Juninho
-----Robinson
----------------------------Robert
Ricketts-------Guevara

------------------Dickov

Marco2K
07-13-2008, 10:17 AM
This will never happean.

rumour has it he wants to go back to his Brasilian Club VASCO DA GAMA

S_D
07-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Nice idea but conde only wants to play in NY. Now if we could get say rolfe and conde for McB, flip conde over to nyrb and get some of their allocation cash and spend it on him that may work.

Cunningham still goes, Dickov and Rolfe partnered up front, and Edu gets sold off.

Pity we would never see Juninho play here though.

Bobo
07-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Ambitious to say the least. LOL

Would it be fair to have Robert's left and Juninho's right? I don't know. I think we're pretty fortunate as is.

No way he'd play behind Robinson though. Could ensure that Robbo doesn't take another shot this season, which is worth the money alone.