PDA

View Full Version : Give This A Thought(Warning: Poll Included)

[NBF]
05-21-2012, 12:53 PM
The current team, but try this for a change, would this work for TFC until the transfer window:

---------------------------------Kocic--------------------------------
--------------------------------Roberts-------------------------------
Eckersley-----------Cann-------------------Henry---------------Aceval
Maund-------------Emory------------------Harden--------------Morgan
-------------------------------DeGuzman------------------------------
--------------------------------Dunfield-------------------------------
--------------Avila--------------------------------Silva----------------
--------------Hall--------------------------------Stinson--------------
---------------------------------Frings--------------------------------
--------------------------------Soolsma-------------------------------
-------------Koevermans------------------------Johnson---------------
---------------Lambe-----------------------------Plata----------------

*Aceval- IMO, is one player who should be playing everyday, either as a CB for Henry or a LB for Morgan to give some rest to Morgan and Henry. He has a great left foot for taking free kicks and his crosses are solid, which would benefit someone like Koevermans.

*DeGuzman- He can't hurt playing in his natural position. He's aweful going forward, but his effort and passes are weak and its an area where he might feel less obligated to do something out of his realm.

* Avila and Silva- Have to play together on the field at the same time. I can't stress that enough. They are better moving the ball forward and have a tendency to seek out the ball. They are not as bad as DeGuzman passing the ball and have a better physique than Dunfield or DeGuzman.

* Frings- Here's the real question, he has gotten slow and he is better on the ball than most of the players on the team and is better at distributing the ball to other players. I dont think its too much of a stretch to move him forward just behind the strikers. He's not much of an attacking midfielder but he is a solid distributor of the ball and dictates the pace of the game. He did try this earlier in one game but I wonder if it would be best to separate DeGuzman and Frings in order to not have two DP's so close to each other.

Let me know what you think. Could this work?

Richard
05-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Well never know because our team is tacticaly inflexible. :noidea:

bigredone
05-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Aceval kicking is not enough reason to play him. I find him slow and dopey on the field. He does have a good kick, but I am mainly comparing it to Plata's corner kicks which does not set the bar high. Maybe I am being to hard on him and he will develop after joining the RPB's biggest loser. Morgan also seems to be a more rounded player.

Avila and Silva are beacons for the future and I hope they get the chances they deserve.

Henry......rest? He is 19 and will benefit from blood, sweat and tears.

RC8
05-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Aceval is a very decent footballer stuck in a joke of a team at the moment. If TFC were doing the minimum required to, say, win an MLS game every once in a while, Aceval would be able to show off his abilities a lot more.

bigredone
05-21-2012, 03:27 PM
I hope your right, but keep thinking if I was born into the Hilton family I would be rich too. I can't blame my poverty on that!

Should Aceval not stand out and shine if on a crap club? The games he has not started have been this years best defence. I know my last point is weak so tear it up.

Beach_Red
05-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Has there been any indication this team will do anything during the summer transfer window?

ArmenJBX
05-21-2012, 04:08 PM
NBF, every single one of your posts are about a formation :D

-----------------------------I------------------------------
--wish-------all-----------------my-----------posts------
---------------------------were----------------------------
----------soccer----------------------formations---------
--too!---------------------It's-------------funny!---------

:D

West220Side
05-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Didn't vote. This weekend has been a showing that the fan base who are common posters on this forum really don't care anymore, losing faith in management, and certain players.

Threads havn't been as full as they usually have, this thread as an example, the game thread, and post match thread. Its very obvious everybody has just given up...

Somebody said it best in the postgame thread, mentioning how a year or two ago the thread would be three times as large.

A mix of that and the long weekend.
Still... its sort've sad. Hope traffic picks up during the week.

[NBF]
05-21-2012, 08:47 PM
NBF, every single one of your posts are about a formation :D

-----------------------------I------------------------------
--wish-------all-----------------my-----------posts------
---------------------------were----------------------------
----------soccer----------------------formations---------
--too!---------------------It's-------------funny!---------

:D

Its called being tactical and being hopeful they can turn it around without having to purge the team for the 8th time. Hey if you wanna be a comic why dont you go back to practicing your singing for the weekend. Memorize your lines son:D

TFC , We Love you, We love you, We love you...oooooooh ooooooh ooooooooh!

Is that how it goes?g:D

ArmenJBX
05-21-2012, 09:15 PM
;1491784']Its called being tactical and being hopeful they can turn it around without having to purge the team for the 8th time. Hey if you wanna be a comic why dont you go back to practicing your singing for the weekend. Memorize your lines son:D

TFC , We Love you, We love you, We love you...oooooooh ooooooh ooooooooh!

Is that how it goes?g:D

Hey, I'm not saying it's a bad thing ;)

If I started singing on the weekend it would be kind of awkward, seeing as I'd be in the press room and would be the only one doing so. Maybe Asif would join me but I doubt it.

Ajax TFC
05-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Should Aceval not stand out and shine if on a crap club? The games he has not started have been this years best defence. I know my last point is weak so tear it up.
It seemed to me that our defense got better when Henry started getting into it. But IMO Aceval's more suited to playing LB or DM

Fort York Redcoat
05-22-2012, 06:09 AM
Didn't vote. This weekend has been a showing that the fan base who are common posters on this forum really don't care anymore, losing faith in management, and certain players.

Threads havn't been as full as they usually have, this thread as an example, the game thread, and post match thread. Its very obvious everybody has just given up...

A mix of that and the long weekend.
Still... its sort've sad.

Didn't care enough to vote but cared enough to post that everybody's given up? Well I hope you got outside and enjoyed some sunshine.

bigredone
05-22-2012, 07:33 AM
It seemed to me that our defense got better when Henry started getting into it. But IMO Aceval's more suited to playing LB or DM

I would like to see any player progress, but think Henry is able to contribute more. He is good in the box on both ends and certainly seems to put more effort into hustling around the pitch. What little I have seen of Aceval's passing and dribbling I was not overly impressed as well. Aceval saved the day last champions league and had some great moments. I also enjoy how he is not scared to get rough and dirty and literally be a brick wall on the pitch.
A little off topic, but Chile is an awoken sleeping giant on the world stage and perhaps Aceval will develop skills rapidly there as I figure he will be called up for more national games.

OfficeGuy
05-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Aceval is out with Hamstring injury still

jabbronies
05-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Koevermans can't run the wing. He'd be useless out there.
Soolsma is a good player, but not middle of the pitch good. I don't think he has the skill/speed to move the ball quick enough the way an attacking mid would.

Everything up until the final 3 seems good though. I would just re-arrange a couple players up top and it might work. We'd be really thin in the middle though.