PDA

View Full Version : Football...what it does to us...

Roogsy
05-18-2012, 02:55 PM
This board is not unique. Football lovers fight and yell, cry and scream, hug and cheer. Our teams bring out the best and worst of us. With TFC, we have suffered quite a bit. Hopefully one day we will also enjoy success as well.

Maybe we need a reminder of what that looks like. This video was posted on a friend's facebook wall and I thought I'd share with us all. Malaga CF books a trip to the Champions League qualifiers. The Spanish television crew caught this:

g9q1LCmzMbY

Football, there's nothing like it on the planet.

Oldtimer
05-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Awesome clip. If we ever book it into the Club World Cup, we may feel the same way!

v00d00daddy
05-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Great clip. It's heartwarming to see what I can only assume is grandpa and grandson sharing in something so important to them both.

Sidenote: man...has Robert Deniro ever aged poorly. LOL

I kid I kid

eustacchio
05-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Now, I'm getting all teary-eyed at my desk.

Flipityflu
05-18-2012, 04:12 PM
no sport like it.

mclaren
05-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Brilliant. The World's Game. The World's Greatest Game. Always and Forever.

Eastend
05-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm tearing up at the possibilities. Some people just don't get it. (wifey?).

Dom

JuliquE
05-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Beautiful.

Thank you for sharing.

ensco
05-18-2012, 08:50 PM
<span style="font-family: Times">
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrpDTnznE-E

Initial B
05-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks for sharing that, Roogsy. I just hope I can share a moment like that someday with my son.

I think TFC wrecks us in some ways but I don't think we can easily give up on this passion, no matter what our opinions of the club.

T-boy
05-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Awesome clip. If we ever book it into the Club World Cup, we may feel the same way!

Club world cup?

Let's be more realistic....

I would sob like a baby if we qualified for the play offs!

In fact, I'd cry like a newborn if we won a home league game!

Fort York Redcoat
05-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Club world cup?

Let's be more realistic....

I would sob like a baby if we qualified for the play offs!

In fact, I'd cry like a newborn if we won a home league game!

Feel free but I'ma wait till we win the league or Champions League for that.

JuliquE
05-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Feel free but I'ma wait till we win the league or Champions League for that.
Yeah.. I don't think he's being serious and it's a shame to see that sort of attitude so quickly spilling over into a thread like this.

Fort York Redcoat
05-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah.. I don't think he's being serious and it's a shame to see that sort of attitude so quickly spilling over into a thread like this.

Wow just noticed your in Germany, bud! Enjoy the match today!

ManUtd4ever
05-19-2012, 11:38 AM
My reaction was almost as emotional when TFC pulled off the Miracle In Montreal, the first significant victory in the history of the franchise.

If I was to recall the other most emotional moments for me as a sports fan in Toronto, it would include the following:

-Joe Carter's home run to clinch back to back World Series Championships for the Blue Jays in 1993 at SkyDome

-Nikolai Borschevsky's OT goal in game 7 against Detroit in 1993 to give the Leafs a first round upset victory at Joe Louis Arena

-Alvin Williams' clutch basket in the final moments of Game 5 to clinch a huge first round upset for the Raptors against the Knicks at Madison Square Garden in 2001

Petor
05-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Well, I was at a match last year in Toronto where there was plenty of emotion, don't know if I cried but I'm sure my eyes we're a bit "moist" while recording this.
I hope we can do it all over again on Wednesday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq3Pr0D8Bnc&hd=1

denime
05-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Fuck Roogsy,you made me cry in front of my kid.

Thanks for sharing it.

Jcm144
05-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Beautiful

Wombat
05-20-2012, 11:41 AM
The last month has given the world some amazing football thrills & spills....

Chelsea's heroic semi-final performances vs Barcelona (twice) and in yesterday's Champions League final defeating Bayern in thier own back yard. Then we had last week's premiership final game, Man City scoring the two goals they needed to clinch the title in injury time added on.

What drama, what passion, what excitement, what emotion.... football has it all.

The working stiff who spends Mon-Fri in a boring factory job, can soar on the wings of eagles, following his team on a saturday afternoon.

Detroit_TFC
05-20-2012, 07:31 PM
The last month has given the world some amazing football thrills & spills....

Chelsea's heroic semi-final performances vs Barcelona (twice) and in yesterday's Champions League final defeating Bayern in thier own back yard. Then we had last week's premiership final game, Man City scoring the two goals they needed to clinch the title in injury time added on.

What drama, what passion, what excitement, what emotion.... football has it all.

The working stiff who spends Mon-Fri in a boring factory job, can soar on the wings of eagles, following his team on a saturday afternoon.

QFT

well said

Pinkie
05-20-2012, 07:55 PM
tears.

i love this sport so much.