PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bad News (re: Montreal)

Keegan
07-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Apparently ALI GERBA is going to be suiting up for the Impact in order to stay match fit for World Cup Qualifiers as he lives in Montreal. Add to this players like Di Lorenzo and Placcentino and I think Montreal could cause us some problems.

TFC can't score and we know Gerba can...

Toronto Ruffrider
07-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Damn, we need to counteract that move. Can we get JDG on loan for one game?

reggie
07-13-2008, 12:03 AM
why do you say that,its 2 usl teams playing each other...

TFC07
07-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Noooo!

Hooligan69
07-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Might as well write-off TFC. It's an automatic loss, people. Give up now. ;)

I guess Montreal is fearful of finishing in the USL basement.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-13-2008, 12:23 AM
I’ve read that he’s training with the Impact. I wasn’t aware that he’ll be playing for them. His wiki says he’s been linked with the MK Dons.

I’m hoping that we will have made a few player moves by the time the Montreal game comes around. If we can land some finishing, I think we will be better than them at every position.

egoodwin
07-13-2008, 02:12 AM
how the hell can Gerba play for them

this is absolute bullshit

Bobo
07-13-2008, 02:17 AM

My thoughts exactly. I can't imagine this being true.

Benficachop20
07-13-2008, 02:30 AM
There is no way that Gerba is allowed to play for them rather then a friendly match, he must be signed first in order to play a competitive match

James Oliphant
07-13-2008, 05:03 AM

He can't. Relax.

ExiledRed
07-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Question is. Why isn't he linked to TFC? I mean if a washed out Dickov can get Mo to dance for naked him, why can't MO sign a Canadian?

Why don't Canadians want to come to BMO? is a better question.

I am absolutely convinced that if gerba wanted to be here, he would be here.

Rudi
07-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Why don't Canadians want to come to BMO? is a better question.
They do. Mo doesn't want them.

ExiledRed
07-13-2008, 05:51 PM

You mean he doesnt want the substandard ones?

Enlighten us, which Canadians does Mo want to keep out of the squad who are desperate to come here?

rocker
07-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Gerba: Overrated.

Everyone acts like he's some saviour. There's a reason he can't stick with teams wherever he goes. And Montreal doesn't have De Ro, Hutch, De Guzman etc to feed him.
Starting the guy with a bunch of teammates he's never played with before is probably asking for trouble.

giambac
07-13-2008, 05:58 PM

Several Canadians including Gerba want to play in TO.

MO wants him but Carver says the only players he wants are ex players he coached back home.

That's why Carver should be fired.

Rudi
07-13-2008, 06:04 PM
You mean he doesnt want the substandard ones?
No, I don't mean that. Who would want substandard players?

Enlighten us, which Canadians does Mo want to keep out of the squad who are desperate to come here?No one is 'desperate to come here" (I don't even know how you got that out of my one line answer), but I know for a fact that Issey Nakajima-Farran and Andrew Ornoch have both tried to sign here, but were lowballed, just to name a couple.

I await your retort about how these two substandard players are not good enough for TFC.

MO wants him but Carver says the only players he wants are ex players he coached back home.

You're full of shit.

Where exactly did Carver 'say' that? When did Carver coach Ricketts or Guevara before this year? Or Marco Velez? Or Abdus Ibrahim? All of these players were brought in while Carver was coach.

rocker
07-13-2008, 06:06 PM
No, I don't mean that. Who would want substandard players?

No one is 'desperate to come here" (I don't even know how you got that out of my one line answer), but I know for a fact that Issey Nakajima-Farran and Andrew Ornoch have both tried to sign here, but were lowballed, just to name a couple.

I await your retort about how these two substandard players are not good enough for TFC.

where did you hear about Issey?
I facebooked with the guy last fall and he said he wasn't interested in coming to MLS at this time.

Ornoch's another guy that gets tossed around. But in that interview with him, he gives conflicting answers. On one hand he says he wants to play in Europe, and then he says Carmen asked him if he wanted to come to TFC but TFC wasn't interested.

Rudi
07-13-2008, 06:07 PM
where did you hear about Issey?
I facebooked with the guy last fall and he said he wasn't interested in coming to MLS at this time.
I heard it directly from Issey himself last year.

Pachuco
07-13-2008, 06:09 PM

I'm going to assume you left yourself logged in at home and your 8 year old son typed this message!

giambac
07-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm going to assume you left yourself logged in at home and your 8 year old son typed this message!

Actually it was my 11 year old daughter:)