PDA

View Full Version : New to the board. Go easy guys

TorontoGunner
05-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Morning RPB. Longtime lurker as this has been a great way to keep informed about the club we love. I am a season holder since day one and passionate about the club. I finally feel it is time to let out some questions and minor opinions to see if others are thinking the same. Thanks for having me on here guys(and gals)...so here I go...Most has been said before I am sure.

Sometimes in life when things don't work right we look for common threads or triggers in hopes of making a correction. I believe the common thread for this club has been Tom Anselmi, Paul Bierne, and Earl Cochrane(who? Sturgis?) Do you guys think that any club in the world that had the abysmal record we do would keep them in place? Do they interfere with club decisions? Have we not had a coach walk away from this lot? How deep is the rot upstairs in the club? Again with this Liverpool fiasco they show us what they are thinking about....a friendly? Really?

Would Earl Cochrane like the GM role? (with out any plausible credentials it appears) Would Mariner like to finally be the man here? Are they making player moves difficult?

Why in the world is JDG still out there? He refuses( I believe) to move the ball forward or send it into the attacking third. Instead always moving laterally or backward. He does not break up plays and has to have a real DM( TF) behind to stop the attacking mids running right through to goal. Has he been told no new contract and "checked out"? They need to take his shirt and thank him for his service.

Is Koevermans injured or has he been told to lose a minimum 8kgs by AW? He came into the year in bad shape. Completely disrespectful. He refuses to track back and in my opinion is disinterested at best.

Is Reggie Lambe RR#2 with out the ball control? Still waiting for his pace to show.

Why are none of our mids or forwards making supporting runs? They know how to, we have all seen it (Dallas). Forget tri angles... a simple run into space would suffice

Is it me or is Aceval way to slow to deal with athletic players with pace that you see in MLS? Are we really starring a local 18 year old kid who can fight for the ball but has no comfort with it at his feet? Is Astone Morgan actually training on crossing while on a full run?

Has the rest of the league found out what RPB already know?....Plata can only move to his right.

When are the media going to do a serious piece on the real workings of this club? The real dysfunction. Not the stands are emptier than years past nonsense. Are they worried about their press credentials? Afraid of a pissing match with MLSE or their editors? Don't tell me they don't know what is really going on.

Lastly, if I came to a new country, relocated my entire family, had to fight players with no honour for the badge,a league that says you cant pull off attractive football, ownership that has my replacements in the front office, and a media that seems quite cozy or not educated in football, I would be ballistic. Especially when I have more footballing pedigree in my big toe than the entire front office. And I am no big AW guy.....I believe in what he wants to do. Not sure he can or would ever be allowed to.

Is anyone else AFRAID that the future of the sport in this country with the shiny new academy will be intrusted to MLSE?

I expect more from the club that represents my city...me. When they pull that badge over their heart it is us they represent. Time they get reminded.

Thanks guys. Keep up the great effort you have put in game in and game out. The rest of us respect the passion you guys bring.

Fort York Redcoat
05-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Welcome TorontoGooner.

You'll get plenty of answers to your many questions I'm sure!

I'll field one of your last one's.
The future of the sport here in Canada does not solely lie with our team. 2 older franchises now help hold Canada's MLS flag so MLSE can spread the burden around. Also, recently there was a voting in of the CSA's new president Victor Montagliani. None of the MLS clubs gave their vote his way so that could be a good indicator on how much power the 3 MLS clubs hold in our country's governance. Now their presence they make in this country is unparalleled. As is their reach but I don't think TFC alone hold Canadian Soccer in their hands.

See you round!

TorontoGunner
05-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks Fort York.

I agree and have been reading what I can on the CSA the last couple years. Lets hope for the best.