PDA

View Full Version : (VC) Pregame/ In Game: 9 May Montreal at Toronto FC

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
05-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Final nail in coffin for Aron Winter?

Believe it or not, Mtl is actually coming into this game off a road win in KC, and now has depth, with Hassoun Kamara and Nelson Rivas both playing for Mtl on Sat...

Code Red
05-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Drop this game and we have nothing left to play for unless you believe Winter and his guarantee of making the playoffs. Nothing short of a 110% effort will be acceptable.

narduch
05-06-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm predicting a 0-0 tie with this game going to penalties.

If TFC doesn't advance, Winter will be gone the next day, as having to return SSH money for the May 23rd game will be what Anselmi/Beirne really can't tolerate.

Roogsy
05-06-2012, 03:18 PM

If TFC doesn't advance, Winter will be gone the next day, as having to return SSH money for the May 23rd game will be what Anselmi/Beirne really can't tolerate.

I think a draw is also likely but I think it will be 1-1.

And yeah...that might be it for him. Too late to save the season. Par for the course with MLSE.

denime
05-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Every post that is not game related will be deleted,stay on topic!

If you want to take a dump on Winter and TFC FO,do it by all means,but in threads that are already out there.

Thanks,

narduch
05-06-2012, 03:24 PM

If you want to take a dump on Winter and TFC FO,do it by all means,but in threads that are already out there.

Thanks,

Why not just let it go? The topic is inter-related.

Threads go on tangents. That's the internet.

Roogsy
05-06-2012, 03:25 PM
So you're saying the results of this game won't possibly have consequences beyond the ACC whether we make it through or not?

Red Rat
05-06-2012, 03:26 PM

Thanks,

so saying that we don't deserve to win is not game related?
we don't deserve to represent Canada

delete this post again, please do it

Rene Kingsriver
05-06-2012, 03:27 PM
I wonder what the crowd will be. I remember the atmosphere at the 1-1 game in 2008. Never thought I'd be staying at home and giving my tickets away for a Montreal game

denime
05-06-2012, 03:30 PM
--------Kocic--------
Eks----Henry----Aceval----Morgan
------Hall-----JDG-----
---------Silva---------
Lambe--------------Avila
----------Johnson---------

OR

--------Kocic--------
Eks----Henry----Aceval----Morgan
----------JDG------
-----Hall------Silva---------
Lambe--------------Avila

Rene Kingsriver
05-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Hall looked good when he came on yesterday

Beach_Red
05-06-2012, 04:00 PM
2-1 TFC and we advance to play Vancouver. And that'll be a sweet upset when it happens. Hey, as the saying goes, you can't lose 'em all...

Soccerpro
05-06-2012, 07:08 PM
I predict we win 1-0 and unfotunately delay any changes in management as a result

Nuvinho
05-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Maybe Soolsma and Kovermans will be back. But probably Frings is out......which means we'll see Dunfield :S:S

ManUtd4ever
05-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Ideally, TFC will win this match and then get blown out against DC on the weekend. Winter will then get fired, and his replacement will have 2 weeks of practice time to get acclimated with the squad before the next league match. TFC will slowly but surely improve their form under the guidance of the new coach and win the ACC Final against Vancouver, thus advancing to the CCL and giving us something to look forward to this season.

Ajax TFC
05-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Maybe Soolsma and Kovermans will be back. But probably Frings is out......which means we'll see Dunfield :S:S
Well, there's always hope... For example: I wa pleasantly shocked that Duncefield wasnt the one subbed on when Frings went out

denime
05-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Kovermans will not play Wednesday,at least that what he said to some RPB members after DCU game.

Fort York Redcoat
05-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Last game of consequence of the season?

Love that Voyageurs Cup!

C'mon you Reds!!!

__wowza
05-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Well, there's always hope... For example: I wa pleasantly shocked that Duncefield wasnt the one subbed on when Frings went out

hahaha, always look at the bright side i guess!
if we don't win, winter is gone, and if he's not i feel like all hell is going to break lose. something tells me that wednesday is going to be one of the best games we've ever seen, or one of the most heartbreaking in our history.

T-boy
05-07-2012, 12:50 PM

It's bizarre that certian players still get "the blame" for TFC's situation, even when they don't play!

So - currently our usual suspects for "the blame" aren't playing (Dunfield and Harden) and yet we are still losing. So what's the common element? Not the players - its the coach! And yet a lot of people STILL won't blame the coach and they will STILL blame these two players - who aren't even playing!

Maybe we should all blame Gargan for losing on Saturday?! :p

ecospice
05-07-2012, 02:40 PM

Do you think they will actually refund the money? My bet is that everyone gets a 'credit' for next year's season tickets.

Auzzy
05-07-2012, 02:44 PM
TorontoFCPR ‏ @TorontoFCPR
Torsten sustained an injury to his shoulder during Saturday’s match against D.C. He will undergo further evaluation on Tuesday.
(46 minutes ago)

I suspect he won't be playing on Wednesday...

reggie
05-07-2012, 03:19 PM
The biggest game in our history part 5,looks like D K and T F are out.
we have one striker on our roster and he his 10 lbs over weight...wtf.
i think we need a act of god again,its a weds night and CCL, maybe some lighting in the forcast.hmmm

Ajax TFC
05-07-2012, 03:35 PM
It's bizarre that certian players still get "the blame" for TFC's situation, even when they don't play!

So - currently our usual suspects for "the blame" aren't playing (Dunfield and Harden) and yet we are still losing. So what's the common element? Not the players - its the coach! And yet a lot of people STILL won't blame the coach and they will STILL blame these two players - who aren't even playing!

Maybe we should all blame Gargan for losing on Saturday?! :p
I find it hillarious that you managed to twist that post into saying something that it doesn't so that you can rant about it. Please tell me where I blamed Dunfield for us loosing, cause I can't find it

Torontotonto
05-07-2012, 04:42 PM

They never return $$$, I can see them offering TFC vs. Liverpool game instead.

Torontotonto
05-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Let's put our shit start behind us Wednesday night.
This is our biggest game of the year again.
I don't care what happens to Winter if we don't succeed.
We need to beat the Shitpack, that all that matters.
Let bring it on, let's support our team, loud and proud for the boys and the badge.

Joe Kool
05-07-2012, 04:52 PM
They never return $$$, I can see them offering TFC vs. Liverpool game instead.

Yeah I think last time we had a refund type of situation it was extra tickets to another game or a credit. No actual refund. I have personal reasons keeping me from Wednesday's game otherwise I would love to be there. I enjoy the CCL games better than MLS for some reason so I really want them to win the Canadian Championship badly. Pulling for the boys...c'mon TFC!!!

Torontotonto
05-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah I think last time we had a refund type of situation it was extra tickets to another game or a credit. No actual refund. I have personal reasons keeping me from Wednesday's game otherwise I would love to be there. I enjoy the CCL games better than MLS for some reason so I really want them to win the Canadian Championship badly. Pulling for the boys...c'mon TFC!!!

Joe, too bad you can't make it.
But for everyone else coming, be early, this is huge.
We need to be bringing it on loud before the game, let the team know the 12th man is with them.
I think we will see a lot of Shitpack supporters show up for this one, let's remind them where they are long before kickoff.

kodiakTFC
05-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm guessing a 2-2 draw and we go through. With that said, Montreal is taking this tournament very seriously and they benched many starters for their game in Kansas. I'm not going to hold my breath but here's hoping the boys can salvage this tournament.

Roogsy
05-07-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm guessing a 2-2 draw and we go through. With that said, Montreal is taking this tournament very seriously and they benched many starters for their game in Kansas. I'm not going to hold my breath but here's hoping the boys can salvage this tournament.

And 2-2 draw means Montreal go through not TFC.

hodgkiss
05-07-2012, 06:54 PM
with the players fit to go - as of today i would like to see this line up.
no nonsense (few mistakes) and hopefully a good hard-nosed win.

---------------------kocic------------------------
-----eckersley------henry--------morgan------
---------------------stinson----------------------
----------hall--------------------avila-----------
lambe---------------silva------------------plata
--------------------johnson----------------------

this gives us a reliable squad with potential to track up and down the pitch.
this is a fast and tough bunch that have some technical quality as well.

Yohan
05-07-2012, 07:03 PM
with the players fit to go - as of today i would like to see this line up.
no nonsense (few mistakes) and hopefully a good hard-nosed win.

---------------------kocic------------------------
-----eckersley------henry--------morgan------
---------------------stinson----------------------
----------hall--------------------avila-----------
lambe---------------silva------------------plata
--------------------johnson----------------------

this gives us a reliable squad with potential to track up and down the pitch.
this is a fast and tough bunch that have some technical quality as well.
two fullbacks and one young CB in back three. might as well let Montreal just walk in

hodgkiss
05-07-2012, 07:20 PM
two fullbacks and one young CB in back three. might as well let Montreal just walk in

buddy... you loved nick garcia! and i will never forget that.

i would be very curious to see your starting XI instead of your childish comments.

*** and buddy, we are letting teams walk right in now. it couldn't get much worse now could it?
unless of course, your insta-hardon (nick garcia) was on the pitch. then he would gift wrap a few for sure!

hodgkiss
05-07-2012, 07:23 PM
that one young cb has played more consistency than any other cb this year.
and the two full backs are as per usual (the best we have) so why put someone (aceval) who is a liability?
his marking is piss poor, he is slow and really shouldn't have a spot on this team.

but then again, it sounds all to familiar to another (old) cb you favoured... get your eyes checked dude.

denime
05-07-2012, 07:31 PM

i would be very curious to see your starting XI instead of your childish comments.

*** and buddy, we are letting teams walk right in now. it couldn't get much worse now could it?
unless of course, your insta-hardon (nick garcia) was on the pitch. then he would gift wrap a few for sure!

that one young cb has played more consistency than any other cb this year.
and the two full backs are as per usual (the best we have) so why put someone (aceval) who is a liability?
his marking is piss poor, he is slow and really shouldn't have a spot on this team.

but then again, it sounds all to familiar to another (old) cb you favoured... get your eyes checked dude.

Argue the post,not the poster.Ridiculing other poster will get you infracted on this board.

Brooker
05-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Nick Garcia! Ahh memories.

hodgkiss
05-07-2012, 07:32 PM
i would also like winter to go back to the possession-oriented football and stop this defensive-minded crap.
we have been at our best when we attacked and had better results when doing so.

one HUGE thing i have noticed lately is our inability to get to balls and hold the ball up.
when we are a threat, the opposition plays to our style. right now we are letting every single team do
whatever they wish in the own half and get inside our half without any pressure whatsoever.
it's really disgusting and frustrating to watch knowing that we are so much more capable
playing better football. i would rather lose trying to win then lose not trying to lose.

Yohan
05-07-2012, 07:34 PM

ya, I got the Garcia thing wrong. then again, Nick Garcia was a proven defender in the league before he came to Toronto. Nobody really expected him to tank so badly. Congrats for reminding me that I'm just human, and I get things wrong from time to time.

your back three has two fullbacks who has problems with positioning and marking (though they hustle their balls off) and Henry isn't experienced enough to organize the defence.

Next time, if you don't like my comment, try to do it without making it personal

hodgkiss
05-07-2012, 07:38 PM
i'm sorry denime. but when someone writes something like this poster did in rebuttal to what i have suggested - they are obviously looking for a reaction. maybe you can give him a friendly reminder that he shouldn't be looking to start crap!

***it always seems to be the same people doing this sort of thing and it doesn't allow people to feel like they can make constructed opinions.

hodgkiss
05-07-2012, 07:41 PM
maybe you can enlighten me as to who can mark people better. i would really like to hear your opinions. harden? aceval? these guys have let everyone past them thsi year and i bet they are responsible for more than 80% of tfc's goals against this year - guaranteed!

can you please field your starting XI? i want to see this no-fail super experienced line up you must have.

Roogsy
05-07-2012, 08:23 PM
ya, I got the Garcia thing wrong. then again, Nick Garcia was a proven defender in the league before he came to Toronto. Nobody really expected him to tank so badly. Congrats for reminding me that I'm just human, and I get things wrong from time to time.

your back three has two fullbacks who has problems with positioning and marking (though they hustle their balls off) and Henry isn't experienced enough to organize the defence.

Next time, if you don't like my comment, try to do it without making it personal

I have always considered Nick Garcia just another scapegoat. He wasn't awful for us. And his MLS pedigree was impressive. Certainly not something that can be used to prove anything.

Garcia not impressing only proves its tough to judge how a player will do upon arrival. But I do know among posters you are one of the more informed about the goings-on in MLS.

And honestly I agreed with your analysis of the backline suggestion. It would get eaten alive.

reggie
05-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Nick Garcia! Ahh memories.

ahh yes...the memories,i think we won the odd game did we not,ohhh how i wish we were back in those days.
the days when we scored the odd goal sometimes 2 maybe 3 and omg the 4 goal game v dallas..i miss MOJO.

jloome
05-07-2012, 10:44 PM
maybe you can enlighten me as to who can mark people better. i would really like to hear your opinions. harden? aceval? these guys have let everyone past them thsi year and i bet they are responsible for more than 80% of tfc's goals against this year - guaranteed!

can you please field your starting XI? i want to see this no-fail super experienced line up you must have.

Meh, he's right. These three, no fullbacks, with our record of letting people behind the defence? Not strategically sensible.

trane
05-08-2012, 09:30 AM
We are 0-8. We are 0-8. We are 0-8. This is year 6.

I do not give a shit about this game. We have deep, deep problems that will not be fixed by one win. I will say it I hope we fucking lose. So people wake up.

This empty Toronto till'i die shit, rely means I am too fucking afraid to rock the boat, even if the boat is full of holes, and sinking faster then any boat in the MLS, a leage full of sinking boats, has ever sunk.

I am angry. I wish I had a Vespa.

trane
05-08-2012, 09:32 AM
^ And do not tell me about our boys. What the fuck has this club done for us??? What glory has it brought to this city to our name?? None it has only brought shame.

And yes I support our boys, the best thing for our boys on the pitch is change now.

Beach_Red
05-08-2012, 09:36 AM

I do not give a shit about this game. We have deep, deep problems that will not be fixed by one win. I will say it I hope we fucking lose. So people wake up.

This empty Toronto till'i die shit, rely means I am too fucking afraid to rock the boat, even if the boat is full of holes, and sinking faster then any boat in the MLS, a leage full of sinking boats, has ever sunk.

You could probably get a skateboard...

This will be the third game against Montreal this year. This one at home. Of course we're going to win it. Now, whether that's the beginning of the fix or just prolonging the situation, who knows, but we will win this game.

If we can't beat Montreal at home in a game that really means something...

trane
05-08-2012, 09:41 AM
^ That is why I want them to lose, so that the fucking nigthmare can be over, and we can realize how shit we are, and we can move forward having gotten rid of the rot.

If we lose this game and people do not wake up, then it is hopeless.

Roogsy
05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
And yes I support our boys, the best thing for our boys on the pitch is change now.

This is how I feel.

This is more important than how hard I cheer.

If I can effect meaningful change that will actually help the boys on the field, that is better use of my time and effort.

People talk about long-term goals and then do little to actually help achieve those long-term goals.

Fort York Redcoat
05-08-2012, 10:04 AM
I hope we fucking lose. So people wake up.

I think it's easier to say you want change right now. The majority of threads are about rocking the boat. No one should be afraid to rock the boat at this point. Just the opposite in fact.

This game has more consequence than any other this year so far. I wouldn't miss it.

Yohan
05-08-2012, 10:04 AM
^ That is why I want them to lose, so that the fucking nigthmare can be over, and we can realize how shit we are, and we can move forward having gotten rid of the rot.

If we lose this game and people do not wake up, then it is hopeless.
while I understand your sentiment, I can't stomach losing to Montreal or Columbus. I really hate the Impact lol

trane
05-08-2012, 10:10 AM
^ My stomach right now is in knots as to how shit we are.

trane
05-08-2012, 10:11 AM
This is how I feel.

If I can effect meaningful change that will actually help the boys on the field, that is better use of my time and effort.

People talk about long-term goals and then do little to actually help achieve those long-term goals.

You know that I agree.

tfcleeds
05-08-2012, 10:27 AM
This is the only thing we have left to play for now, so we might as well go for it. I don't think it changes the fact that Winter is most likely gone either way. Changes are afoot, I am confident in that. Besides, how awesome would it be to wreck Montreal and especially Vancouver's dreams yet again?

trane
05-08-2012, 10:34 AM
^I hope that you are right about changes being afoot no matter what. But I have to think that if Winter wins, he stays. And to put it on the record, I care more about the CL, then I do MLS, I just think that change is more important right now.

rocker
05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
I never wish for my team to lose. Ever.

Chevy
05-08-2012, 11:49 AM

I just can't understand this.

Never wish for your club to lose. Ever.

Huyton
05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I never want to see TFC lose, but here's the dilemma:

Toronto winning against Montreal on Wednsday night, will be like a groundhog seeing his shadow on February 2nd: Six more weeks of Winter.

prizby
05-08-2012, 11:56 AM
This is how I feel.

so a new manager is effective change...can you tell me the last new TFC manager that took this team to the playoffs?

Furtado91
05-08-2012, 11:58 AM
^^^^^ that was a very clever pun there Huyton :P.

T-boy
05-08-2012, 12:16 PM
I just can't understand this.

Never wish for your club to lose. Ever.

I can actually understand this.

sometimes you need something BIG to happen in order for things to change. And the thing right now would be losing to Montreal.

I don't WISH this to happen, but if losing meant that Winter is fired and we then find a decent manager, then we would certainly benefit in the long term from losing tomorrow night.

As a supporter is tough to WANT your team to lose if it meant improving, but sometimes you have to sacrificy the short term in order to improve in the long term.

T-boy
05-08-2012, 12:17 PM
I never want to see TFC lose, but here's the dilemma:

Toronto winning against Montreal on Wednsday night, will be like a groundhog seeing his shadow on February 2nd: Six more weeks of Winter.

I totally agree.

I can't see us winning AT DC on the 19th. So, beating Montreal could then guarantee TFC go 0-9 in the league and still have Winter in charge.

Can anybody currently see us winning in DC? Its almost guaranteed 0-9 I would suggest.

nfitz
05-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I never wish for my team to lose. Ever.of course not, who would?

Anyone who thinks that we should get knocked out of the Canadian Championship by Montreal in the bizarre belief that it would have a direct impact on the coaching situation, needs to take of the tin-foil hat, and have a beer.

So, we have a decade or two-long losing streak. It will pass ... Winter will fall or die based on our league performance, no matter how many cup games we win. I'm sure that if he doesn't turn it around sometime this year or next, we'll be seeing him depart.

Huyton
05-08-2012, 12:34 PM
I totally agree.

I can't see us winning AT DC on the 19th. So, beating Montreal could then guarantee TFC go 0-9 in the league and still have Winter in charge.

Can anybody currently see us winning in DC? Its almost guaranteed 0-9 I would suggest.

There's no way we'll win in DC. I am going to that game, and I'm just not that lucky.

Roogsy
05-08-2012, 12:43 PM
so a new manager is effective change...can you tell me the last new TFC manager that took this team to the playoffs?

Poor logic there Priz. The question should not be to look at previous managers that have taken TFC to the playoffs but whether the current one will. The answer is no, he will not based on his current track record. If hired properly, another manager will likely have better results. That is the only relevant question.

nfitz
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
... If hired properly, another manager will likely have better results.So if we fire Winter now, and hire someone properly, we may have them available by ... October?

Or have we already hired them ...

BayernTFC
05-08-2012, 01:28 PM
If hired properly, another manager will likely have better results. That is the only relevant question.
That's the key. One might want to ask the question, what will the change cost?

Sometimes it is difficult to respond in discussions with this theme because I don't want it to appear as if I am defending Winter. I am not. I agreed with the idea of TFC adopting a philosophy and building a culture, but I was never sold on Aron Winter being the right man to implement such a vision in Toronto. Despite my misgivings, some of the things he has done since coming here have reminded me of Preki (constant upheaval in the lineup, relying on below average players for far too long, and the blaming of others), I have given him the chance to show me what he can do. Admittedly, I prefer watching Winter's squad to Preki's. However, even with a few wins here or there, it doesn't look like the players' psyche can handle much more losing under him. A two-legged tie against Vancouver is very different to one game at home versus Montreal. I really feel for the fans in the stands as well. I only hope that any decisions are taken with great care.

reggie
05-08-2012, 01:34 PM
winter has become the quote machine lately...."my job is safe even if we lose tomorrow,but we are going to win tomorrow,wtf.
this is from kurt's twitter.

T-boy
05-08-2012, 01:35 PM
It's not even about hiring them properly or not. You just have to keep changing manager UNTIL you find the right one! So, it might be the next manager, or the third manager for now. But to stick with a loser isn't the answer!

I don't understand the fear of firing Winter on this board? Why do people have SO much faith in Winter, and yet were quick to fire Preki? What's to say that Preki couldn't have turned the club around in 2 seasons? What is Winter saying that makes people so hopeful that he can turn things around? It certainly isn't his track record!

Belfast_Boy
05-08-2012, 02:07 PM
saying we suck means we support the badge. If we didn't give a shit we wouldn't be angry.

maybe they are all leaf fans. as my old man would say "they wouldn't say shit if they had a mouthful of it"

as for the Vespa, go ahead. don't like them anyway, too slow.

Code Red
05-08-2012, 02:23 PM
It's not even about hiring them properly or not. You just have to keep changing manager UNTIL you find the right one! So, it might be the next manager, or the third manager for now. But to stick with a loser isn't the answer!

I don't understand the fear of firing Winter on this board? Why do people have SO much faith in Winter, and yet were quick to fire Preki? What's to say that Preki couldn't have turned the club around in 2 seasons? What is Winter saying that makes people so hopeful that he can turn things around? It certainly isn't his track record!

It's not so much what Winter is saying that has people backing him up, it's the fact that we've had 6 managers in 6 seasons. People are getting fed up of seeing a new coach every season, not to mention, the turnover of players each season. It's gotten to the point where we might as well hand each new coach that we hire a tent and tell them not to get too settled into this city. I also think the majority of supporters, including myself, had high expectations when Winter signed his contract. It seemed like we finally had an identity after 4 frustrating seasons. Right up until the second half of the CCL game against Santos Laguna, there was indication that this club may have turned it around. Unfortunately, since that time, it's become clear that there is something very wrong within the organization.

The only turnaround I envision is if we take care of Montreal tomorrow. That MAY (no guarantee of course) get us back on track in league play. If we fall, however, I don't see the losing streak coming to an end for at least another game or two and by then I feel that we should start cleaning house and not just axing the coach but making changes at the executive level.

trane
05-08-2012, 02:24 PM
^
BelfastBoy,

This is the thing. I am angry as fucking hell. I am fucking tiered of this shit, and I cannot believe that 99% of supporters do not feel the same.

trane
05-08-2012, 02:27 PM
It's not so much what Winter is saying that has people backing him up, it's the fact that we've had 6 managers in 6 seasons. People are getting fed up of seeing a new coach every season, not to mention, the turnover of players each season. It's gotten to the point where we might as well hand each new coach that we hire a tent and tell them not to get too settled into this city. I also think the majority of supporters, including myself, had high expectations when Winter signed his contract. It seemed like we finally had an identity after 4 frustrating seasons. Right up until the second half of the CCL game against Santos Laguna, there was indication that this club may have turned it around. Unfortunately, since that time, it's become clear that there is something very wrong within the organization.

The only turnaround I envision is if we take care of Montreal tomorrow. That MAY (no guarantee of course) get us back on track in league play. If we fall, however, I don't see the losing streak coming to an end for at least another game or two and by then I feel that we should start cleaning house and not just axing the coach but making changes at the executive level.

THERE IS NOT VALID REASON TO KEEP THIS MANAGER. HE HAS BEEN AT THE HEAD OF THIS TEAM FOR 58 games and he has only won 14. That we have had a poor record to hire managers, so we should keep one that is a poor hire, makes no logical sense.

Belfast_Boy
05-08-2012, 02:31 PM
^
BelfastBoy,

This is the thing. I am angry as fucking hell. I am fucking tiered of this shit, and I cannot believe that 99% of supporters do not feel the same.

if it keeps up they will kill football in Toronto.

Code Red
05-08-2012, 02:34 PM
THERE IS NOT VALID REASON TO KEEP THIS MANAGER. HE HAS BEEN AT THE HEAD OF THIS TEAM FOR 58 games and he has only won 14. That we have had a poor record to hire managers, so we should keep one that is a poor hire, makes no logical sense.

I know you're frustrated with the team but what makes you think Winter is the problem and not MLSE? or players for that matter?

joeyjones
05-08-2012, 02:37 PM

that's it right there....Winter has only proven that he is not up to the task....i was sick to my stomach last wednesday night, we were so bad....i don't mind "parking the bus" when it's warranted, but we looked horrible doing that as well....and then he comes right back with that mentality against DC and we get smoked. he is not the man for this job.

AmherstNY_TFC
05-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Regardless of the result tomorrow, TFC is headed into a bye week. A new manager could be appointed over the weekend, and have a full week's training with the squad before the first match....just sayin'...

Roogsy
05-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I know you're frustrated with the team but what makes you think Winter is the problem and not MLSE? or players for that matter?

That's a fair question, I would say Trane and I both believe that the evidence before us speaks to the record itself is attributable to a manager issue, not an ownership issue nor a player issue.

Is there any evidence pointing otherwise? We are talking about being 0-8, not whether Anselmi knows his ass from a hole in the wall because at the end of the day, whether he does or does not, he still gave Winter $8million bucks to work with and what we have before us is the result. So unless you can point to Anselmi being the one who determined where and how those $8million were being spent, running the practices, picking the lineups and tactics, I'd like to see an explanation how an 0-8 record falls at his feet and not Winters.

19Barrett19
05-08-2012, 02:52 PM
There is one thing that management left out this off season. MLS has gotten deeper and deeper with talent every year. TFC has not the galaxy are making the same mistakes now next comes real salt lake. Back to TFC for a moment, Julian De Guzman should have been bought-out in the off season this would have given us more room in the salary cap. I also think that FREI sould have been sold to any club outside of MLS hence more room in the salary cap. 355K (deguz) + 170 or so for (Frei) young dps go for less under the cap that leaves TFC with 300k more in wiggle room 300K would loan us a very good player from Europe or even south america hopefully a CB selling frei brings in more allocation in the process now that is good management shame on you TFC for being blind to this MLS that is beating you every year.

To make my points clear i will provide you with some proof, its simple truth. last year the caps and timbers came in as expansion teams timbers were better then us and the caps where at par more or less heck they where only an expansion team. Phily and a better record then us in their expansion season, now MTL has a better on then us. MLSE you are pathetic you do the same with the leafs. Reason being your always a few steps behind the competition.

What I want to see is when the opportunity arises and a great not good but great player can be bought here you fuckers better pull out the wallet and pay him respectfully. (Drogba-del piero-seedorf. whatever make it happen.

Also this beaver fest we are into is obviously not working so fix it.

other then that i will quietly support my team form my own home because you dont deserve my fucken money! the next time i go to a tfc match it will be a free ticket but i will bring a bag on my head. Come to think of it all TFC supporters should do this on the next league match to show their displeasure.

as for Wednesdays match 2-1 TFC because i will never bet against my team.

denime
05-08-2012, 02:54 PM
FFS this is thread is PREGAME THREAD,

IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS WINTER GO TO ONE OF MANY FUCK WINTER THREADS and DO IT THERE BY ALL MEANS.

TOPIC OF THIS THREAD IS TOMORROW GAME!

:topic:

Beach_Red
05-08-2012, 02:55 PM
That's a fair question, I would say Trane and I both believe that the evidence before us speaks to the record itself is attributable to a manager issue, not an ownership issue nor a player issue.

Sure, because we've had the same ownership and five other managers and about a thousand other players and this is the first time we've been 0-8.

It's pretty sad that we were made such big promises about vision and culture and affecting the game in North America and now it's come to, just give us one win. Just one. It's hard to have any faith in the long-term plans when they can't even win one game.

AmherstNY_TFC
05-08-2012, 03:00 PM
But isn't "Will Winter stay or go?" the major question about tomorrow night's game? I sometimes get the sense that the players have tuned him out. Have they quit on him? This is all part and parcel to what we can expect tomorrow.

Luanda
05-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Is there any evidence pointing otherwise? We are talking about being 0-8, not whether Anselmi knows his ass from a hole in the wall because at the end of the day, whether he does or does not, he still gave Winter $8million bucks to work with and what we have before us is the result. So unless you can point to Anselmi being the one who determined where and how those $8million were being spent, running the practices, picking the lineups and tactics, I'd like to see an explanation how an 0-8 record falls at his feet and not Winters.

Even though overseas, I just can no longer resist. What makes anyone think it is just a question of the manager? OK, so 6 coaches in 6 years. How many players, on the other hand, have passed through? This turnover can not simply be a function of new managers wanting "their" own type players. At least 2-3 of them knew fiddle diddle about MLS and its type of play: Carver and Winter, with possibly Cummings also in there. How do you explain the types of Cunningham and DeRo gone? Exceptional circustamces, I think not. Beyond an unsually high manager turnover, which is never good, the even higher player turnover is much worst. It may well be time to think about sacrificing the season and properly develop
the actual roster for next year.

tfcleeds
05-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Agreed...Winter is as much a topic of conversation around this game as anything, because if we lose, it should be his last.

Roogsy
05-08-2012, 03:20 PM

IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS WINTER GO TO ONE OF MANY FUCK WINTER THREADS and DO IT THERE BY ALL MEANS.

Again I ask...as I did earlier in the thread. Are you saying that the results of this particular game will have no effect on whether Winter stays or goes?

prizby
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Poor logic there Priz. The question should not be to look at previous managers that have taken TFC to the playoffs but whether the current one will. The answer is no, he will not based on his current track record. If hired properly, another manager will likely have better results. That is the only relevant question.

then do you believe that MLSE has ability it to "properly" hire a manager?

joeyjones
05-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Again I ask...as I did earlier in the thread. Are you saying that the results of this particular game will have no effect on whether Winter stays or goes?

i'd like to think that Anselmi would pull the plug on AW if TFC loses tomorrow night, i'm just not sure that he will. MLSE is such a screwed up org. with respect to running sports teams, you never know who is running the ship...

T-boy
05-08-2012, 03:59 PM

There was nothing wrong with hiring Winter. Winter had all the credentials of being a good manager. I praised the hiring in the first place, and I would have hired him also.

He just hasn't worked out. Not all managers DO work out.

so, I believe Anselmi and his buddies CAN hire another good looking manager. There was nothing wrong with the last hiring process.

joeyjones
05-08-2012, 04:09 PM
There was nothing wrong with hiring Winter. Winter had all the credentials of being a good manager.

what credentials pointed to him being a good manager?

sashavukelich
05-08-2012, 04:12 PM

this. Winter out.

Roogsy
05-08-2012, 04:24 PM

In all fairness, probably not. But that is also a worst-case scenario because then it pretty much assures that not only have they selected wrong with Winter but will continue to select poorly going forward and we all are truly screwed.

There is still an element of faith that hopefully the next time they get it right. Because so far they haven't. But that is hardly a supportive statement for keeping Winter in place. So it really just leaves us one choice. To pray and hope the next selection is better.

Lumpy
05-08-2012, 04:28 PM

I think denime is politely telling you to stfu. We have all heard your "logic" about Winter a couple of hundred times. Why don't we all wait to see how it plays out. Repeating something numerous times doesn't sway people and as the Toronto Star has found out in numerous elections it actually drives them to the other side.

trane
05-08-2012, 04:38 PM
if it keeps up they will kill football in Toronto.

That is exactly what I fear.

Roogsy
05-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I think denime is politely telling you to stfu. We have all heard your "logic" about Winter a couple of hundred times. Why don't we all wait to see how it plays out. Repeating something numerous times doesn't sway people and as the Toronto Star has found out in numerous elections it actually drives them to the other side.

And you've never been able to refute it, regardless if you try to put logic in "quotations". So I will also "politely" ask you to do the same unless you want to engage me in the logic of my information, which I doubt you can.

Lumpy
05-08-2012, 04:46 PM
And you've never been able to refute it, regardless if you try to put logic in "quotations". So I will also "politely" ask you to do the same unless you want to engage me in the logic of my information, which I doubt you can.

Logically I can't. This thread is has been deemed a thread to discuss the game not what may happen after the game. Besides that discussion would be pure speculation which is not a very logical discussion.

Roogsy
05-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Logically I can't. This thread is has been deemed a thread to discuss the game not what may happen after the game. Besides that discussion would be pure speculation which is not a very logical discussion.

Interesting you say that. Let me refresh you on what the original post said.

Final nail in coffin for Aron Winter?

Believe it or not, Mtl is actually coming into this game off a road win in KC, and now has depth, with Hassoun Kamara and Nelson Rivas both playing for Mtl on Sat...

So would you like to remind me again what this thread had been "deemed"?

Furtado91
05-08-2012, 04:52 PM
lets take it one day at a time. The game has not even started and people are acting s as if we already lost the game. If we lose the game sure go nuts and what not, but right now anything can happen, maybe a miracle. who knows. but im hoping they can pull something off here. God knows we need it.

denime
05-08-2012, 04:53 PM

Probably not,but that's the topic for after the game.

It is annoying that every 2nd thread have same repeated posts from other threads,it is PREGAME thread and game,roster,tactic should be discussed.If you have nothing to say about it,than again by all means go to any of theese threads and talk about Winter and ML$E as much as you want.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31690-Anselmi-(3-wise-men)-or-Winter-Who-to-get-rid-of (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31690-Anselmi-%283-wise-men%29-or-Winter-Who-to-get-rid-of)

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31707-Instead-of-who-we-should-get-rid-of-who-should-we-keep

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31681-Postgame-DC-2-TFC-0-(this-should-be-interesting) (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31681-Postgame-DC-2-TFC-0-%28this-should-be-interesting%29)

and Lumpy I did not tell Roogsy or anyone else to STFU,asking to stay on topic is not STFU.

Thanks,

Roogsy
05-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Probably not,but that's the topic for after the game.

It is annoying that every 2nd thread have same repeated posts from other threads,it is PREGAME thread and game,roster,tactic should be discussed.If you have nothing to say about it,than again by all means go to any of theese threads and talk about Winter and ML$E as much as you want.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31690-Anselmi-(3-wise-men)-or-Winter-Who-to-get-rid-of

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31707-Instead-of-who-we-should-get-rid-of-who-should-we-keep

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31681-Postgame-DC-2-TFC-0-(this-should-be-interesting)

and Lumpy I did not tell Roogsy or anyone else to STFU,asking to stay on topic is not STFU.

Thanks,

I don't disagree that pre-game threads should have a certain format with regards to the technical dynamics of a game. Perhaps that should be the understanding going forward. But that needs to be applied consistently and obviously clarified on a wider basis, not ad hoc as seems to be the case.

Either way, I've decided to move some of the Winter discussion to the other thread.

Lumpy
05-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Thanks,

Sorry. I should have only spoke for myself.

denime
05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't disagree that pre-game threads should have a certain format with regards to the technical dynamics of a game. Perhaps that should be the understanding going forward. But that needs to be applied consistently and obviously clarified on a wider basis, not ad hoc as seems to be the case.

Either way, I've decided to move some of the Winter discussion to the other thread.

Thanks,

denime
05-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Sorry. I should have only spoke for myself.

Telling someone to STFU will not get you far on this board.Don't get personal because you do not agree with someones post.

Lumpy
05-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Telling someone to STFU will not get you far on this board.Don't get personal because you do not agree with someones post.

Got it. Apologies to Roogsy.

Yohan
05-08-2012, 05:29 PM
According to Avila, there was a team meeting today... Well we'll see if any good comes out that

Greatest Ripoff
05-08-2012, 05:42 PM
there was a team meeting today

This was on the cp24 ticker earlier today.

jloome
05-08-2012, 06:44 PM
According to Avila, there was a team meeting today... Well we'll see if any good comes out that

Little bird says it was specifically to address players' frustrations, and that they aired out tactical and personnel concerns, and at least outwardly, all came out on the same page.

Torontotonto
05-08-2012, 07:06 PM

I agree, there are enough place's for venting on this board about Winter, et al.
Yes we are all pissed, I am as well buying SS for the past six years, and all the extra coin at games, etc. for the efforts I see right now. However I will think about that again Thursday morning.

The club and supporters are at the biggest low of our time right now, THIS is about tomorrow night, beating our most hated rival.

Winter or anyone else's fate on this club can wait until then.

For now let's kick some Montreal ass, let bring it for the club.

:flare::drum::scarf::drum::flare:

denime
05-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Posts not directly related to the game are moved here:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31690-Anselmi-%283-wise-men%29-or-Winter-Who-to-get-rid-of

Please carry on there,you all have good points keep the discussion going.

Thanks

tfcleeds
05-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Marsch trying to diss us en francais:

z9iaqb0rTB0

Pathetique.

Pinkie
05-08-2012, 10:04 PM
dunno if this is on topic or not...but according to the ultras de montreal twitter they've managed to sticker all of joes, lamposts leading to and around bmo.

i hope we win tomorrow.

Yohan
05-08-2012, 10:06 PM

z9iaqb0rTB0

Pathetique.
mon dieu. apres plus de moins que il avait habite dans montreal, pourquoi Marsch peux pas dire montreal avec accent francais?

RedsYNWA
05-08-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't post often but this site has become a shit show of ;
I can debate better...
I know more...
I want more...
I can spell...
etc.

don't we all want one thing; SUCCESS for our TFC

I for one know more than a half dozen people that have been turned off by not MLSE or shit results , but by THE RPB web site . Attacks by the glorious few that know all and preach all, from what I hear you can round up the 12 of them and leave them in a room ALA SARTRE and Hell is other people indeed.

ANYWAY half the people on this site are here for information and some insight on OUR TEAM and most are turned off by the GARBAGE SPEWED by so called I know it all posters. I would gladly pay the dues of most of these "too much time on their hands" "members" just to leave out their Negetive bull SHIT. STFU and suppot the team otherwise

BUGGER OFF

Back to the Game

GO TFC...LET'S TAKE DOWN MONTREAL

Azerban
05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
montreal est plus bon que toronto

c'est vrai :(

RedsYNWA
05-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Just wanted to add another point, is this not a supporters furum, instead off "mooning" protests how about a banner of

WE LOVE YOU TFC

Guilt works so much more in a relationship...and so many of us give up faster than a Hollywood marriage.

TFC till I die

RedsYNWA

Code Red
05-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Just wanted to add another point, is this not a supporters furum, instead off "mooning" protests how about a banner of

WE LOVE YOU TFC

Guilt works so much more in a relationship...and so many of us give up faster than a Hollywood marriage.

TFC till I die

RedsYNWA

Good post. I believe we are bringing along our "WE WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU" banner to tomorrow's game and either using it as a TIFO or placing it on the railing. Also, lots of flags will be on display. Most importantly, we need to be loud tomorrow.

:drum: Let's sing loudly and proudly and the boys will take notice. :drum:

Yohan
05-08-2012, 11:37 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2012/05/08/3090106/avila-toronto-fcs-fighting-for-the-shirt

Bless Avila's spirit

Roogsy
05-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Good post. I believe we are bringing along our "WE WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU" banner to tomorrow's game and either using it as a TIFO or placing it on the railing. Also, lots of flags will be on display. Most importantly, we need to be loud tomorrow.

:drum: Let's sing loudly and proudly and the boys will take notice. :drum:

There's a certain irony that some of the very people who painted that banner are the ones portrayed as not being "supporters".

The irony is not lost on them.

denime
05-09-2012, 05:46 AM
TFC STARTING XI - Toronto Star

--------Kocic-------
Hall-- Cann--Henry-- Morgan
--de Guzman-- Dunfield--
---------Avila-----------
Johnson-- Lambe-- Plata

Fort York Redcoat
05-09-2012, 07:08 AM
There's a certain irony that some of the very people who painted that banner are the ones portrayed as not being "supporters".

Really? I haven't read that. I've seen a lot of doubt cast on the 2 contrasting methods of support and a lot of condescension wrought from frustration but no widespread denunciation of "people" no longer being supporters.

There's only one name on Red Thunder. I see it every game.

Oldtimer
05-09-2012, 07:33 AM
[mod note] Not trying to be anal here, but just a reminder that the board rules say that all non-English posts need to provide a translation into English. I speak & read French, but not everyone here does, it's common courtesy. Thanks. [/mod note]

__wowza
05-09-2012, 07:37 AM
dunno if this is on topic or not...but according to the ultras de montreal twitter they've managed to sticker all of joes, lamposts leading to and around bmo.

i hope we win tomorrow.

whoa, stickers! fuck me, my will to chant and sing is gone.
that's it boys and girls.. shows over. we got got; time to call it a season! g:D

Fort York Redcoat
05-09-2012, 07:46 AM

i hope we win tomorrow.

Stickers?

-4pg6Jh94Lo

sashavukelich
05-09-2012, 07:49 AM

z9iaqb0rTB0

Pathetique.

I actually thought this was very funny, he obviously knows his french is terrible.

Furtado91
05-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Stickers?

-4pg6Jh94Lo

LOL Its funny you link that video, as I remember you talking about him on Saturday and singing the song ahahha.

Roogsy
05-09-2012, 08:35 AM
[mod note] Not trying to be anal here, but just a reminder that the board rules say that all non-English posts need to provide a translation into English. I speak & read French, but not everyone here does, it's common courtesy. Thanks. [/mod note]

Bien sur! ;)

Relja
05-09-2012, 08:42 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2012/05/08/3090106/avila-toronto-fcs-fighting-for-the-shirt

Bless Avila's spirit

+ fuckin one. i think we have highly undervalued Avila.

Suds
05-09-2012, 08:54 AM

i hope we win tomorrow.

That's cute. I remember when stickers used to float around in our first year. :)

Stickers. That's so ultra.

habstfc
05-09-2012, 08:58 AM
I can debate better...
I know more...
I want more...
I can spell...
etc.

I for one know more than a half dozen people that have been turned off by not MLSE or shit results , but by THE RPB web site . Attacks by the glorious few that know all and preach all, from what I hear you can round up the 12 of them and leave them in a room ALA SARTRE and Hell is other people indeed.

ANYWAY half the people on this site are here for information and some insight on OUR TEAM and most are turned off by the GARBAGE SPEWED by so called I know it all posters. I would gladly pay the dues of most of these "too much time on their hands" "members" just to leave out their Negetive bull SHIT. STFU and suppot the team otherwise

BUGGER OFF

Back to the Game

BRAVO..That's exactly why I never renewed my membership and why I don't really post on here anymore.

AmherstNY_TFC
05-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Watching the Blackburn Rovers-Wigan Athletic game earlier this week, I wonder if we're of the same mindset as Rovers fans. There are a number of supporters who think the manager and executives should go, and have a lot of vitriol for those parties. But, when Paul Robinson went out and did a lap of honour, those fans who invaded the pitch went up and shook his hand.

I don't think BRFC supporters blame the players as much as they blame management. I think we TFC supporters are feeling the same way. We don't blame the players, and will support them. We'll clap the players off the pitch. But, we question the decisions of those in management. Even if the team loses tonight, we're still behind the players. They're just in a lousy situation that is beyond their control.

trane
05-09-2012, 09:23 AM
^ Most of the people that post most often about the need for change now, are doing so ,because they (we) think the players have enough quality to do much better then we currently are. We have enough that we should be in a playoff spot.

Fort York Redcoat
05-09-2012, 10:32 AM
I can debate better...
I know more...
I want more...
I can spell...
etc.

BUGGER OFF

Back to the Game

BRAVO..That's exactly why I never renewed my membership and why I don't really post on here anymore.

First off please refrain from telling other users to STFU. We welcome differing opinions as long as there's no insults involved.

Secondly (aimed to both of you) you'd be surprised how different the board can be when there is both members and open access available.

Torontotonto
05-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Anyone know the Injury Update and who might be in/out for tonight.

Frings ?
Koverman ?
Soolsma ?

Dv23
05-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Winter said that Soolsma should be ready and that Koev and Frings would be more of a last-minute decision.

https://twitter.com/#!/asifintoronto/status/199888750405365760

Offside goal
05-09-2012, 11:00 AM
I don't think Frings was at practice yesterday and Winter said they'll look at his shoulder again.
Danny K was training on his own, so probably doubtful for today.
Soolsma is very close, I think he practiced with the team.

Dicoy Williams was also in full training so maybe he'll see some minutes if things are going well for us beyond the 60th......

cmonyoureds
05-09-2012, 11:01 AM

i hope we win tomorrow.

STICKERS?!?!?!?!?! Is this how they improve on the pathetic, looked like it was written in crayon, banners they had in Montreal???? I bet they're left over from their Spongebob Panini stickerbooks.

MAN I HATE MONTREAL.

For the love of all that's good and holy, please, please, please let this be a win.

Offside goal
05-09-2012, 11:11 AM
--------Kocic--------
Hall----Henry----Cann----Morgan
------Dunfeild----JDG------
----------Avila---------
Lambe--------------Plata

With Soolsma, Williams and Silva getting minutes.

I saw some footage of yesterday's training, and what surprised me the most was that Dunfield looked good. He was making some good FORWARD passes and scored a top corner cracker from 25+ yards out similar to the CMNT vs. Chilie goal. Made me think that he shows up enough on training days to crack the lineup, then, well, we all know what happens on gameday......

tfcleeds
05-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Garbage bag banners, stickers......quick, somebody alert Danny Dyer! They have to be featured in the next Football Factories episode. 'ard as fuck, they are.

arsenal
05-09-2012, 11:23 AM
I saw some footage of yesterday's training, and what surprised me the most was that Dunfield looked good. He was making some good FORWARD passes and scored a top corner cracker from 25+ yards out similar to the CMNT vs. Chilie goal. Made me think that he shows up enough on training days to crack the lineup, then, well, we all know what happens on gameday......

Can not base any opinion off of how well our offensive players perform in training .... after all they are performing against our own defenders ..... our defense makes anyone look good

Code Red
05-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Garbage bag banners, stickers......quick, somebody alert Danny Dyer! They have to be featured in the next Football Factories episode. 'ard as fuck, they are.

I wouldn't question their toughness, have you seen their members?

Belfast_Boy
05-09-2012, 11:48 AM
lets win this first before....

mxuHYVmWlmU

Phil
05-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Kovermans told me Saturday that he won't be able to go for this game, but I know they are doing their best to fix the issue up. Frings with the sling on and not being at practice yesterday looks pretty much like a no go to me, but it might all be games too.

Couchy81
05-09-2012, 12:38 PM
For the love of God I hope we win tonight. Play for the badge boys.

T-boy
05-09-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm going to predict a draw.

Can anybody clarify how the away goals rule works in this competition? Do the away goals count at 90 minutes, or after extra time only?

Code Red
05-09-2012, 12:54 PM

I'm assuming you played a part in painting that banner and a great banner it is. As for being portrayed as not being a "supporter", I doubt this is the case. Most of us know about the contributions you've made to this club and have a lot of respect for such things. I think YNWA, like a lot us, is frustrated with all the negativity around here but at 0-8, it's to be expected. Here's to better times.

Phil
05-09-2012, 12:56 PM

Can anybody clarify how the away goals rule works in this competition? Do the away goals count at 90 minutes, or after extra time only?

We can't draw unless its nil nil, after extra time, then it goes to shootout. If Montreal score 1, or we have a draw 1-1 Montreal gets the win on away goals. Basically we need to win this.

Code Red
05-09-2012, 12:58 PM

They count in the 90 mins.

0-0 we go to extra time then penalties if nothing is settled
1-1 or any tie above 1-1 and Montreal goes through to final
Also, if we win by any score line then we advance to finals

(sorry Phil didn't see your post) g:D

Phil
05-09-2012, 01:00 PM

Some of the guys who made that have decided to move on from the group, they are still "supporters" and they do great work. Do we have to make new banners everytime someone doesn't want to be here?

T-boy
05-09-2012, 01:02 PM
So, yes then I'm saying draw, 2-2, and Montreal will go through.

If TFC go and attack, like they are saying they will, then Montreal will also go and attack. Montreal have the upper hand as a score draw will see them through.

As usual my heart is sainy TFC win, but my head is saying we will get a draw, which won't be enough. That's as confident as I can be with TFC right now, unfortunately!

And also - I just heard thunder in downtown, I wonder if the weather gods are trying to help us through another CCL?! :p

Ageroo
05-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Firing up the TFC weather machine.....maybe we'll get lucky. :)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-6VBXzjInQh8/RY7BDFODcOI/AAAAAAAAACE/2ZOIjBjWZq4/stewie_wx1.jpg

Furtado91
05-09-2012, 01:08 PM
well guys its raining now. SO LETS GET THE PARTY STARTED.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8961/partystarted.jpg

Code Red
05-09-2012, 01:13 PM
TOWRADS ANYONE?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Towrads/159906317423180 :flare:

tfcleeds
05-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Midweek game? Check.Chance of rain? Check.I just revised my predictions - we're going to win this!

mdc 77
05-09-2012, 03:03 PM
I do think finally the boys will come up with a solid all round game and win tonight. I also think that attendance might be really, really small tonight. Checking out sites like stubhub and seeing how many tickets are for sale starting from $5, its not going to be close to full tongiht.

Island Man
05-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Praying there is a stream tonight, staying up till 3am to watch it :(

ryan
05-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Was hopeful that our Ccl run would make the casual get this competition but our poor play may offset that....or it didn't catch on at all.

T-boy
05-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Anybody want to put $10 on "lightning strike at BMO with TFC 0-1 down with 5 minutes to go"?

You might not get very good odds tho, I hear Aron is already doing his lightning dance!

PopePouri
05-09-2012, 03:56 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/310897_159930110754134_159906317423180_325523_4394 607_n.jpg

Jeffro
05-09-2012, 03:57 PM
I don't care if we deserve to win/deserve to be Canadian champions/Winter should/n't be fired/we are 0-8. It's a wednesday night, it's going to rain, the impact are in town, this game still matters, I have the night off and I'm heading to BMO with my A-game on. This team needs a fucking win, lets do this.

bigredone
05-09-2012, 03:58 PM
"Red is the ultimate cure for sadness." --Bill Blass

I feel conflicted. Cause of sadness now, but in a few hours WILL ring very true!!!!

LesH
05-09-2012, 04:31 PM

I have not found the stream scheduled on firstrowsports or adthe, just here:

http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/427917/toronto-fc-vs-montreal-impact/

No sure if this will go really live.
If anyone finds other scheduled streaming please post!

FreekAce
05-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Anybody want to put $10 on "lightning strike at BMO with TFC 0-1 down with 5 minutes to go"?

You might not get very good odds tho, I hear Aron is already doing his lightning dance!

if there's 5 minutes left in the game we'd be screwed. game has to be called within 60 mins for us to get a replay if i recall correctly.

lobo
05-09-2012, 04:50 PM

i get that to some degree, but it's not easy to reconcile ... reminds me of my brother, he's alcoholic, and has had numerous disasters in his life and every time we think he has hit rock bottom, we hope there is a chance he will realize it and go into rehab ... hasn't happened yet ... and i sometimes find myself hoping in a bizarre way that rock bottom comes soon so there is another chance for him ... surreal thinking

if we hope our team loses now so there is a possibility of change, this is the same thing ... but bear in mind, rock bottom could still be a long way off and the rehab is no guaranteed fix

last thought ... rock bottom has consequences that may not be imagined when you are hoping for it

i hope we win tonight

trane
05-09-2012, 04:53 PM
^ I feel like an alcholic supporting this team.

T-boy
05-09-2012, 04:56 PM
i get that to some degree, but it's not easy to reconcile ... reminds me of my brother, he's alcoholic, and has had numerous disasters in his life and every time we think he has hit rock bottom, we hope there is a chance he will realize it and go into rehab ... hasn't happened yet ... and i sometimes find myself hoping in a bizarre way that rock bottom comes soon so there is another chance for him ... surreal thinking

if we hope our team loses now so there is a possibility of change, this is the same thing ... but bear in mind, rock bottom could still be a long way off and the rehab is no guaranteed fix

last thought ... rock bottom has consequences that may not be imagined when you are hoping for it

i hope we win tonight

You know you are a Toronto sports fan when you think that "rock bottom" is WORSE than the league record worst start to a season ever! :p

Island Man
05-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Kocic; Eckersley, Cann, Henry, Morgan; Frings, de Guzman, Avila; Lambe, Johnson, Plata

Yep Frings starts!

Island Man
05-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Substitutes: Roberts; Hall, Aceval, Dunfield, Silva, Burgos, Soolsma ..

Soolsma \o/ :D

Richard
05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Kocic; Eckersley, Cann, Henry, Morgan; Frings, de Guzman, Avila; Lambe, Johnson, Plata

Yep Frings starts!

Kind of supprised Frings is good to go in a good way. The injury looked serious, i guess it was just a bad bruise.

denime
05-09-2012, 05:58 PM

Yep Frings starts!

Where did you get that great info?

JuliquE
05-09-2012, 06:00 PM
I feel for ya, bud -- 2am, for me.

They've been listing Frings in the midfield for awhile, now.. but, will he actually play there?

::EdiT::

Would like to see the following subs. make their way onto the pitch:

Soolsma, Burgos and Hall

OgtheDim
05-09-2012, 06:02 PM

TFC twitter feed.

Serious lineup that. Not looking like a park the bus CA tonight.

Island Man
05-09-2012, 06:03 PM

Toronto FC twitter account, so it's legit.

Lumpy
05-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Frings is a warrior. We need more warriors.

Suds
05-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Stream link now posted on FirstRow Sports. Will not know if it's working until closer to game time.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/

Island Man
05-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Thank you Suds!! :D

LesH
05-09-2012, 06:55 PM
I can not connect to firstrowsports.
I'm in the USA.
Anyone has the same problem?:facepalm:

forza_tfc
05-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Working now but I'm getting Spurs v Aston Villa

kyam
05-09-2012, 07:00 PM
I can not connect to firstrowsports.
I'm in the USA.
Anyone has the same problem?:facepalm:

Same problem in Ottawa.

I thought the storm here in Ottawa (with all the lightening strikes near by) is impacting my internet connection, as I cant connect to torontofc.ca either... but the fact that I can post on here?

dantdot
05-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Was having some issues but works now

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/123496/1/watch-toronto-fc-vs-montreal-impact.html

Suds
05-09-2012, 07:02 PM
the link just went up .. might want to try again

kyam
05-09-2012, 07:06 PM
It works... apparently this match is being aired "locally" in New York, because New Yorkers are blacked out from the ACC match on MLS Live. Not sure why they even have an ACC match listed, but they do.

DichioTFC
05-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Working link - http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/123496/1/watch-toronto-fc-vs-montreal-impact.html
Not working link (but might later) - http://www.oleoletv.com/tv/video/channel/feed/link/broadcast/vivo/gratis/p2p/directa/watch/live/streaming/online/free/13/123496/1/may-10-2012/toronto-fc-vs-montreal-impact.html

mACqcZZwG0k

Don't worry. About a thing. Every little thing is gonna be alright. :)

DichioTFC
05-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Golaso!!!!!

ForestGlade
05-09-2012, 07:12 PM
:confused: I don't get it. What's a lead?

Island Man
Lambe!!!! Fucking get in

tfcleeds
Lambe!!! Yes!

A.J
good start. Why are we wearing the away kit?

Couchy81
Best start we could possibly hope for

Flipityflu
05-09-2012, 07:13 PM
i thought there was something strange...why the away kit?

good strike

DichioTFC
05-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Of course the Impact keeper let a goal in, he's wearing a red BMO jersey
;)

iy12l
05-09-2012, 07:14 PM
playing like madrid/barca

OgtheDim
05-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Frings playing wide right........hmmmmmmm.

MartinUtd
05-09-2012, 07:17 PM
I can't full screen firstrowsports.. but at least its playing.

Did we score?

DichioTFC
05-09-2012, 07:18 PM
You might not be able to full screen because there's an invisible pop-up. Look near the upper middle for a very small white X box.

Reggie Lambe scored in '2

Suds
05-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I can't full screen firstrowsports.. but at least its playing.

Did we score?

Lambe scored. We are up 1-0

dantdot
05-09-2012, 07:20 PM
The pace is crazy, can't keep this up.

Couchy81
05-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Lol a perfect slide tackle from Frings is called a foul. This ref is gonna make some brutal calls tonight just wait.

iy12l
05-09-2012, 07:21 PM
this is how you play the 4-3-3! i always watch la liga and this is how they play it.

iy12l
05-09-2012, 07:24 PM
wtf!!!!!!1

DichioTFC
Eckersely with the straight red... insane...

Suds
you have got to be fucking kidding me

fiji_blue
No wtf wtf

tfcleeds
F off ref.

Island Man
05-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Fuck sake. Such a good start and now Ecks sent off.

iy12l
we are cursed...

AlanO
unbelievable

OgtheDim
Yellow yes...........red no way.

DichioTFC
Commence bus parking in 3... 2... 1...

iy12l
05-09-2012, 07:26 PM
fucking canadian refs

AlanO
TFC still gets the free kick. Can't believe this

T-boy
Shcoking decision from the referee!!!!! There is no WAY Ecks meant to do that, that was a total 50/50 ball! Ecks was obviously going for the ball! WTF?

DaBandit
Really a straight red, WTF!!!!

Couchy81
05-09-2012, 07:27 PM
You see how TFC got the free kick off the red card? Amateur hour tonight guys.

ForestGlade
Sigh

MartinUtd
Don't worry guys, Frings' got this.

jloome
Lol a perfect slide tackle from Frings is called a foul. This ref is gonna make some brutal calls tonight just wait.

Well, you called that right. Red card for damage, not intent? Fuck off. This fucking ref is a disgrace.

Toronto
05-09-2012, 07:28 PM
That was a red. Ecks has always played that reckless. He could have broken that guys leg into two. Idiot. There was no need for that blatant a challenge. Thankfully Montreal isn't interested in winning this game.

OgtheDim
So, is the Impact's midfield that bad that they can't get the ball?

DaBandit
So we still get a free kick out of that, but our guy gets a red?? I say again WTF!!!

The fix is in!!

MartinUtd
05-09-2012, 07:29 PM
They're playing like the TFC we all thought we were going to get 2 months ago.

DichioTFC
TFC really don't look like they're the ones who are down a man. Great movement and control from TFC

T-boy
That was a red. Ecks has always played that reckless. He could have broken that guys leg into two. Idiot. There was no need for that blatant a challenge.

Are you joking? That was a 50/50 challenge and both guys went into it equally! there is no way that was a reckless challenge! Both guys going for the same ball on the floor, what do you expect Ecks to do - just stand there and let the other guy have it without challenging?

OgtheDim
05-09-2012, 07:30 PM
That was a red. Ecks has always played that reckless. He could have broken that guys leg into two. Idiot. There was no need for that blatant a challenge. Thankfully Montreal isn't interested in winning this game.

Ummm......the foul was against the Impact player. The red was only given after the Impact guy showed his injury off........bush league.

jloome
05-09-2012, 07:31 PM
All I gotta say so far is that must have been one hell of a conversation on Monday, 'cos this is how we're supposed to play, with fucking heart.

iy12l
05-09-2012, 07:31 PM
if they score were out

T-boy
05-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Ummm......the foul was against the Impact player. The red was only given after the Impact guy showed his injury off........bush league.

Agreed! I don't think I've ever seen a red for a challenge where the playing getting the card was the one who was fouled!

DichioTFC
05-09-2012, 07:32 PM
If Nyassi caught Kocic that would've been a red.

fiji_blue
05-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Wow this game is really good... too bad I gave my tickets away.. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto
05-09-2012, 07:33 PM

Ya we're 0-8 in a bush league. is that what you're saying?

Suds
05-09-2012, 07:34 PM
It seemed to me it might be the linesman who made the call. It looks as if the ref looks over to him and after some time of discussion he decides to show the red.

tfcleeds
05-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Way to get stuck in there Ashtone.

DichioTFC
05-09-2012, 07:35 PM
I don't care how bad this season has gone, Henry and Morgan are going to be cornerstones of this team in the future.

iy12l
05-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah i always knew Henry was better than Aceval

OgtheDim
05-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Ya we're 0-8 in a bush league. is that what you're saying?

Oh grow up. Bush league call by the ref.

jloome
05-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Arnaud pushes DeGuzman over sideways right in front of the ref using his hands. .... no call

Toronto
05-09-2012, 07:38 PM
On the replay Esks cleat ends hitting half way up the leg and with force. Esks has always been careless with his tackles. Anyway we win this 1-0.

AlanO
05-09-2012, 07:38 PM
That right there is why Henry should start more often... only CB on the team with pace. His distribution is still weak, but defensively he's improved a ton.

iy12l
05-09-2012, 07:39 PM
were playing better than montreal with 10 men

Richard
were playing better than montreal with 10 men

Was just going to say.

DichioTFC
That right there is why Henry should start more often... only CB on the team with pace. His distribution is still weak, but defensively he's improved a ton.

Exactly. Pair Henry (quick CB) alongside Cann / Dicoy / Aceval and I think we'll be better in the back.

jloome
05-09-2012, 07:41 PM
On the replay Esks cleat ends hitting half way up the leg and with force. Esks has always been careless with his tackles. Anyway we win this 1-0.

They don't end up half way up his leg. They hit the guy just above the ankle. And since you're obviously recording, pictures or it didn't happen.

You have a point in that it could technically be a red for dangerous play. But in 95% of cases, that's a yellow, not a red. He didn't pull a card even until he saw the damage, and had already called the foul for us, meaning he didn't even see the actual incident. That's basic logic.

So no, we won't get it rescinded. But no, it also probably wasn't really worthy of a red, especially 20 minutes into a fucking second leg man. Bush. League.

tfcleeds
05-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Lads look like they'd all run through a brick wall if they had to tonite - good to see.

DichioTFC
05-09-2012, 07:42 PM
It looks like we're playing a 4-3-1-1 with Plata as the deep lying forward. Would like to see 4-4-1, with Frings & JDG as CMs

OgtheDim
05-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Was that De Guzman screaming on the pitch at a player to get in position?

DaBandit
05-09-2012, 07:44 PM
They don't end up half way up his leg. They hit the guy just above the ankle. And since you're obviously recording, pictures or it didn't happen.

You have a point in that it could technically be a red for dangerous play. But in 95% of cases, that's a yellow, not a red. He didn't pull a card even until he saw the damage, and had already called the foul for us, meaning he didn't even see the actual incident. That's basic logic.

So no, we won't get it rescinded. But no, it also probably wasn't really worthy of a red, especially 20 minutes into a fucking second leg man. Bush. League.

100% accurate!!

DichioTFC
05-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Was that De Guzman screaming on the pitch at a player to get in position?

Wouldn't be surprised. JDG tends to show up in clutch matches.

Suds
05-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Goooooaaaalllll!!!!!!

DaBandit
Goal!!!!

AlanO
fuckin A!!

DichioTFC
GOLASOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

tfcleeds
05-09-2012, 07:47 PM
RYAN JOHNSON! bOOM!

Suds
05-09-2012, 07:47 PM
That was Frings. See how everyone gave up on that corner but he got it back in play.