PDA

View Full Version : Supporter Action

kyam
05-06-2012, 01:27 PM
This is not a rant. I decided to sleep on this before posting so it doesnt come across as a rant.

Before people accuse me of being over zealous, i want to bring this point out just because i think its a discussion the supporters group needs to have. Whether its a course of action the supporters take, i think thatz a decision that needs to be made as a collective.

Has the idea of a lockout crossed anybody elses mind? As in, locking out fans in order to force TFC to play in an empty stadium.

It would certainly be unprecedented, but frankly, so is an 0-8 start. To satisfy the anger of casual fans that show up and want to be at stadium, supporters group can organize a viewing via projection screen off site.

One criticism of such a move is that its not constructive and does not offer a solutions, but for me it is not the supporters groups job to run the team. The FO needs to figure it out and take bold steps. This is a results bsed business and TFC has been a failure.

After 6 straight bad seasons, i think patients and an expectation that fans provide constructive criticism has run dry.

By locking out fans, it sends a bold message to the team, players and management at all levels that something needs to change (not just personnel, but also team culture. Maybe tfc is making progress behind the scenes, but that is irrelevant, they have not made any progress in 6 years when it comes to results.

After the miracle in montreal when tfc defeated montreal 6-1 in canadian championship, the Ultra Montreal staged a supporters walk out.

I think tfcs situation is far worst, and requires a form of protest that matches how dire the situation really is. Thoughts?