PDA

View Full Version : Increased Security at BMO Field Today (May 5th, TFC v DCU)

Cashcleaner
05-05-2012, 08:27 AM
For anyone who didn't get the email from the club, TFC is ramping-up security at the gates today. Expect more thorough bag checks (and probably more headaches) as you get in today.

COME EARLY!
Every season, Toronto FC is asked to step up security on certain match days and tomorrow is one of those days. As a result, you may encounter minor delays at the gates as security executes bag checks upon entry. Fans are encouraged to take this into consideration when planning their arrival at BMO Field.

Don't be surprised if we see a larger security presence in the stands, as well. :prrr:

bigredone
05-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Good times. Keep me safe from those DC fans. Thank you for the thoughtfulness.

Mark in Ottawa
05-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Maybe I need security to drop by just in case I get upset again and threaten to throw my TV remote thru the TV screen??

Naw ... that won't happen ... will it?? :confused:

Pookie
05-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Wonder what the powder keg issue is this time? Last time it was MLSE stuff that didn't look good for the cameras.

DeRo? Naw.

Fire Winter? Naw.

Anselmi and MLSE? hmmmm

Cashcleaner
05-05-2012, 11:38 AM
^ Give the man a prize.

SQUIRREL
05-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Wow, just wow, thank god I'm not going to this game, I'll be watching on TV

Couchy81
05-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Man today is just one of those games I will not attend just out of principle. Ramped up security because you know people will protest this shit so you need to keep them in line. That's fine one more red chair for you to look at.

Batman
05-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Man today is just one of those games I will not attend just out of principle. Ramped up security because you know people will protest this shit so you need to keep them in line. That's fine one more red chair for you to look at.

Holy Crap. Security is the least of this joke of a club's problems.

Nice to know they have their priorities straight.:banghead:

Couchy81
05-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Holy Crap. Security is the least of this joke of a club's problems.

Nice to know they have their priorities straight.:banghead:

Security aside, im protesting with my wallet. Thats my main intention. Lets just say i was a SSH and already paid for tickets. The fact i wouldnt be able to bring an anti mlse poster or tifo into the stadium is just another factor in the already long list of factors.

Carts
05-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I didn't notice any added security at all...

Walked in, no line up, no pat down, no added security in my section...

Yesterday was exactly the same as all other games, I came, I spent too much money, I watched us lose, I left... Sad but true...

Furtado91
05-06-2012, 12:10 PM
^^^^ I got padded down and everything. They had to check every single pocket in my bag to see if i had anything, even the tiny pockets that cant fit anything really. it felt like i was going to a rock concert. i was in the supporter section gate (i think gate 7 or something).

Brooker
05-06-2012, 02:21 PM
They check my backpack everytime i bring it. this is new? Nothing could be worse than the lineups for the no alcohol game.

Furtado91
05-06-2012, 02:25 PM
They check my backpack everytime i bring it. this is new? Nothing could be worse than the lineups for the no alcohol game.

They do check my backpack too, but they never check every nook and cranny of it like they did at this game. Im not giving them shit, but I did notice a change in their methods in terms of a thorough scan of patrons bags and or other items.

RedDevils
05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Has there been a history of banners being banned at the gate for anything other than profanity? I remember the north west corner getting away with a lot of stuff at the end of the Mo era.

I think this has to do with the liquor violation a few years back.

Yeoman
05-06-2012, 06:28 PM
that's all it is soley for to my knowledge
we've had problems, but that's because people were late. so really it's stupid people not adhering to timings fault