PDA

View Full Version : Pregame/ In Game: 5 May DC United at Toronto FC

Yohan
05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Taking bets whether in form DeRo and Maicon Santos rips apart Toronto defence, or Toronto offence somehow takes advantage of DC defence missing two key CBs (Jakovic and Dudar). Personally, I think it'll be a draw

Code Red
05-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Personally, I think they'll tear us a new one.

tfcleeds
05-02-2012, 10:11 PM
No doubt about it, Dero will be licking his chops.

jloome
05-02-2012, 10:15 PM
taking bets whether in form dero and maicon santos rips apart toronto defence, or toronto offence somehow takes advantage of dc defence missing two key cbs (jakovic and dudar). Personally, i think it'll be a draw

4-2 dcu

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 10:21 PM
It's going to be tough. Just watching the way DCU has played the last couple of games, they have multiple guys who pull off the backline to open up space. It's going to be challenging for our defenders / mids to close those gaps. Particularly worried about the midfield which has been really useless when it comes to closing down space.

That being said, they can be scored on. I expect something high-scoring and entertaining. Whether it goes our way or not? I think that will depend on our team's motivation coming into this game. If there's lots of movement behind the scenes I'd expect them to be distracted and not play well.

Auzzy
05-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Ugh, I don't even want to think about this game.

spe18
05-02-2012, 10:39 PM
I am going to go out on a limb here, and I'm gonna say I won't be surprised at all if this game were very similar to the home Philly game last year!

bigredone
05-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Dead wrong. I think we got this one.

In light of the missing CB's Plata should start. The dutch duo returns and Emory should start for Dunfield.

3 - 2 TFC!

zamperina
05-03-2012, 07:48 AM
DCU flying all the way in mid-week from the West Coast = TFC popping the cherry! Book it!

ryan
05-03-2012, 07:57 AM
At least we won't be tired from doing nothing last night.

DC also got lit up for 5 goals at San Jose.

tfcleeds
05-03-2012, 08:24 AM
I am going to go out on a limb here, and I'm gonna say I won't be surprised at all if this game were very similar to the home Philly game this year!Hate to say it, but it just seems we're due for a good arse-kicking one of these days. Other than the second half vs. Santos and SJ, we haven't been too badly outplayed this year - figure it can't last forever. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this one. On the other hand, DCU did concede 5 goals last night, so who knows?

Super
05-03-2012, 09:43 AM
If we lose then I hope it's by a lot - so we can finally get rid of Winter. If we win, however, then Winter will have bought himself another game.

Roogsy
05-03-2012, 09:50 AM
DC came back from being down against San Jose 3-1 and wound up losing 5-3.

The point? DC has a team that can score.

Can our defense hold up?

DC showed they can keep up with teams that can score (ie. NY). Even if we put 1 or 2 past them, they can still take them back.

I am not confident in this game at all. There is some extra motivation on both sides, but only one side has shown any resilience this year.

That being said, I called for wins against Chicago and Montreal and they didn't happen so if I call for a draw, maybe they will win?

I don't even know anymore. This team has me absolutely stumped.

Canary10
05-03-2012, 09:55 AM
DC have a back line to rival, well, ours. Can't see this one being a 0-0, that's for sure.

trane
05-03-2012, 10:24 AM
I think we need another DM for this. Maybe Winter can suite up. We can play a 4-5-1, like;

RB-----CB---------CB------LB
---RDM----CDM-------LDM----
RM------------------------LM

-----------CF----------------

Winter cannot be worse then some of our present players, despite the age and the smoking.

Maybe this was we get a draw.

Canary10
05-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I say we just throw the kitchen sink at them. They're going to score for sure. Our best chance will be to outscore them. Aron Winter's last stand...might as well go out playing the kind of football you prefer.

Oldtimer
05-03-2012, 10:57 AM
MLS record for most goals scored by a player in one game is 7. Having 8 goals scored against you by one player is one futility record TFC doesn't hold yet. I'm sure DeRo is up to the challenge. :D

I'll go with 8-3 DC, all 8 DC goals scored by DeRo. TFC goals by Koevs getting a brace, Frings scoring from a penalty. Winter escapes from the stadium by helicopter.

ManUtd4ever
05-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Make no mistake, DeRo and Santos will be coming back to BMO Field with a vengeance. Our only hope will be if Kocic can stand on his head.

Fort York Redcoat
05-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we play for a draw just to save face and play balls to the wall in DC.

Roogsy
05-03-2012, 12:07 PM
MLS record for most goals scored by a player in one game is 7. Having 8 goals scored against you by one player is one futility record TFC doesn't hold yet. I'm sure DeRo is up to the challenge. :D

I'll go with 8-3 DC, all 8 DC goals scored by DeRo. TFC goals by Koevs getting a brace, Frings scoring from a penalty. Winter escapes from the stadium by helicopter.

LOL! Now that is a game to watch!

DangerRed
05-03-2012, 01:54 PM
I asked the same question before the RSL game: what makes anyone think we can win against an opponent superior in every measurable way, aside from sheer hope? And, in this case, some vague remaining semblance of home-field advantage? I know crazy stuff happens in this league, but the godawful display and result against Montreal (Lumpy - I know you think that a road draw is a good result, but you must be new, since the Montreal game was a cup game and a scoreless draw is a horrible result which really puts us in a dangerous hole) really makes me think we're going to get a beating.

DeRo with at least one, Santos with another? 3-1 DCU?

Suds
05-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I hate to say it, but I see DeRo scoring less than 5 minutes into the game and sucking what little life there will be out of the stadium. I hope to hell I'm wrong.

DC has been leaking goals and I think we can take advantage of that and bag a couple. But our inability to play 90 minutes and our consistency of making glaring errors that cost us goals will be our downfall.

My prediction DCU 3 - TFC 2.

mastermixer
05-03-2012, 01:55 PM
If anyone saw the highlights from the DCU vs San Jose match yesterday it's insulting that we have to pay to watch TFC play utter garbage compared to both these teams. DeRo with a bicycle kick are you kidding?!? What is it about TFC that sucks the talent out of players??

Yohan
05-03-2012, 02:07 PM
If anyone saw the highlights from the DCU vs San Jose match yesterday it's insulting that we have to pay to watch TFC play utter garbage compared to both these teams. DeRo with a bicycle kick are you kidding?!? What is it about TFC that sucks the talent out of players??

I'm guessing you weren't impressed with RJ's goal at Seattle or Lambe's strike vs Chicago. Or Plata's deft finish at Santos Laguna.

Let's not turn this into another DeRo thread

RedsYNWA
05-03-2012, 02:08 PM
The odds are out and I just put $200 on a TFC win odds are 3.50/+250
if TFC wins I keep a cool $500
BELIEVE PEOPLE

Yohan
05-03-2012, 02:11 PM
I asked the same question before the RSL game: what makes anyone think we can win against an opponent superior in every measurable way, aside from sheer hope? And, in this case, some vague remaining semblance of home-field advantage? I know crazy stuff happens in this league, but the godawful display and result against Montreal (Lumpy - I know you think that a road draw is a good result, but you must be new, since the Montreal game was a cup game and a scoreless draw is a horrible result which really puts us in a dangerous hole) really makes me think we're going to get a beating.

DeRo with at least one, Santos with another? 3-1 DCU?

DC is superior in every measurable way? DC leaked 7 goals in last two games. DC's defence is pretty porous right now with shaky goalkeeping. And they are coming to Toronto from SJ, so travel fatigue will affect them

mastermixer
05-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm guessing you weren't impressed with RJ's goal at Seattle or Lambe's strike vs Chicago. Or Plata's deft finish at Santos Laguna.

Let's not turn this into another DeRo thread

Yes, all great goals. I guess last nights snoozefest, along with 7 losses is still fresh in my head, and that DCU game was a treat to look at.

bones
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Here's a record to look for....can we give up a goal in under 26 seconds? :)

Ossington Mental Youth
05-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Ugh, I don't even want to think about this game.

Pretty much this.
Hard to want to want to think about any games coming up.

lerxst
05-03-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm going to be the eternal optimist and say TFC takes it 2-1 to kick off a 7 game points streak!

DavydMT
05-03-2012, 03:52 PM
oh and seven.
what the hell is happenin?
thought it would be different
thought we would become champions.
http://fanchants.co.uk/football-songs/celt...s/champions-67/ (http://fanchants.co.uk/football-songs/celtic-chants/champions-67/)

by canadian_bhoy

OgtheDim
05-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Newcastle of the Keegan era game methinks.

I'm thinking 4-4.

moralis
05-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Interesting listen featuring Kurt Larson on DC's podcast covering TFC: TFC IN TROUBLE

http://pitchpass.podbean.com/2012/05/03/trouble-in-toronto/

prizby
05-03-2012, 04:37 PM
DC came back from being down against San Jose 3-1 and wound up losing 5-3.

The point? DC has a team that can score.

Can our defense hold up?

DC showed they can keep up with teams that can score (ie. NY). Even if we put 1 or 2 past them, they can still take them back.

I am not confident in this game at all. There is some extra motivation on both sides, but only one side has shown any resilience this year.

That being said, I called for wins against Chicago and Montreal and they didn't happen so if I call for a draw, maybe they will win?

I don't even know anymore. This team has me absolutely stumped.

what do you mean came back...came back sounds like they tied it up...which they didn't!

bigredone
05-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm going to be the eternal optimist and say TFC takes it 2-1 to kick off a 7 game points streak!

I am not sensing sarcasm, surprising on this thread....so.....Fucken' right!

prizby
05-03-2012, 04:45 PM
I think a lot of people are forgetting that DC United played their best XI last night and really went for using up a lot of energy and now have a long flight to toronto.

Beach_Red
05-03-2012, 04:55 PM

I've been predicting TFC wins every game this year and I'm not going to stop now, 3-2 TFC. And sure, why not, a 7 game points streak.

trane
05-03-2012, 05:01 PM
I think a lot of people are forgetting that DC United played their best XI last night and really went for using up a lot of energy and now have a long flight to toronto.

I think you are forgeting that we have not won in 8 and lost all but one. By the way, we also played last night.

prizby
05-03-2012, 05:05 PM
I think you are forgeting that we have not won in 8 and lost all but one. By the way, we also played last night.

would you say that our players ran "hard" for 90 minutes last night? Did they expend a lot of energy?

bigredone
05-03-2012, 05:08 PM
would you say that our players ran "hard" for 90 minutes last night? Did they expend a lot of energy?

The defence...kinda

ExiledRed
05-03-2012, 05:09 PM

They looked like they were running on vapour.

Thats hardly getting a rest now is it?

ExiledRed
05-03-2012, 05:11 PM

Also look at Jloomes heat maps. They prove that we ran around like headless chickens while Montreal kept it disciplined and orderly.

So to answer your question, yes, we expended a lot more energy than the team that never looked troubled by us.

prizby
05-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Also look at Jloomes heat maps. They prove that we ran around like headless chickens while Montreal kept it disciplined and orderly.

So to answer your question, yes, we expended a lot more energy than the team that never looked troubled by us.

link me

Yohan
05-03-2012, 05:15 PM

or, 10 game winless streak in all competitions (since CCL win in LA)

ExiledRed
05-03-2012, 05:18 PM
link me

no, go find them in the game thread. Im busy.

prizby
05-03-2012, 05:31 PM
no, go find them in the game thread. Im busy.

just scrolled through the postgame posts...didn't see any heat map pictures, although if you compare the tfc heat maps vs. the montreal heat maps, you can see one team did a hell of a lot more running than the other...i won't give you any clues

ExiledRed
05-03-2012, 05:38 PM
just scrolled through the postgame posts...didn't see any heat map pictures, although if you compare the tfc heat maps vs. the montreal heat maps, you can see one team did a hell of a lot more running than the other...i won't give you any clues

yes, you'd have a hard time handing out clues.

I understand.

trane
05-03-2012, 05:52 PM
or, 10 game winless streak in all competitions (since CCL win in LA)

I am realy starting to get depressed. But that is fucking true. I blocked it out.

ryan
05-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Interesting listen featuring Kurt Larson on DC's podcast covering TFC: TFC IN TROUBLE

http://pitchpass.podbean.com/2012/05/03/trouble-in-toronto/

Highlights:

-Winter should finish the season
-Thinks we can win on the weekend
-Thinks we've been unlucky not to have a handful of points
-Thinks we can turn it around
-Says we've been in every match but SJ/SEA (would be helpful to have him here to argue over our competitiveness with trane :))

Fort York Redcoat
05-03-2012, 05:55 PM
link me

yes, you'd have a hard time handing out clues.

I understand.

Claws in, girls. Let's play nice.

trane
05-03-2012, 05:57 PM
^ I would be up for it. I would like for him to be right, but everything I see tells me he is wrong.

Exiled, I started getting realy down, when I saw how organized the Impact were in their first game, and that they had Ferrari, the kind of CB I had hoped that we would have signed by now, did not help.

ryan, I am not a pesimist, I try to be positive, but at some point, reality, is what reality is. Reality is not good for us right now. (whether Larson agree's with me or not)

Roogsy and Exiled agree with me. That is good enough for me.

ryan
05-03-2012, 06:05 PM
^ I would be up for it. I would like for him to be right, but everything I see tells me he is wrong.

Exiled, I started getting realy down, when I saw how organized the Impact were in their first game, and that they had Ferrari, the kind of CB I had hoped that we would have signed by now, did not help.

ryan, I am not a pesimist, I try to be positive, but at some point, reality, is what reality is. Reality is not good for us right now. (whether Larson agree's with me or not)

Stop being so sensitive about it, I was only kidding. Yeesh, you anti Winter folk are so touchy.

:D

trane
05-03-2012, 06:09 PM
I am going to shut up, or try too, I will waite untill the end of the game on Saturday.

It has been hard supporting this club, I have wanted to give up, but my loyalty to this city and to the supporters, has kept me from giving up, and now one more time my loyalty is tested, not because we are lossing, but because so many of you and the FA do not seem to care, and are willing to accept this crap.

I may be wrong, you may have reason to believe that Winter will turn it around. But the managment of this team is killing the club, which we, not they, made into something through our support. They are killing it throught there incompetence.

[ The first season and Danny Dichio, and that magical first goal and first win also makes it hard to turn my back to this team, because that is one of my greatest memories ever-but it 6 years there has been little else]

trane
05-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Stop being so sensitive about it, I was only kidding. Yeesh, you anti Winter folk are so touchy.

:D

No man, I am not sensitive about post. I am down about our overall situation, but I have very little probelmes with anything anyone posts.

ryan
05-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I don't think anyone doesn't really care, as why would they be taking the time to voice their opinion if they didn't?

Some believe it can turn around, some don't.

Regardless, we do have shit ownership. Lets get the SSH mailing list, demand everyone to not renew tix until the club is sold away from this conglomerate mess. I think regardless of your opinions of the club, coaching, style, etc....nobody wants these owners.

Beach_Red
05-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Highlights:

-Winter should finish the season
-Thinks we can win on the weekend
-Thinks we've been unlucky not to have a handful of points
-Thinks we can turn it around
-Says we've been in every match but SJ/SEA (would be helpful to have him here to argue over our competitiveness with trane :))

I want to believe that we've, "been in every match," but it's tough when in 7 league games and the 1 NCC game with Montreal, over 720 minutes of soccer, we have held the lead for less than 2 minutes. We've been behind after less than half a minute of play. We really have no idea how good the teams that we faced have been.

Anyway, I just hope we start winning next game and go on a roll.

Beach_Red
05-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't think anyone doesn't really care, as why would they be taking the time to voice their opinion if they didn't?

Some believe it can turn around, some don't.

Regardless, we do have shit ownership. Lets get the SSH mailing list, demand everyone to not renew tix until the club is sold away from this conglomerate mess. I think regardless of your opinions of the club, coaching, style, etc....nobody wants these owners.

There are new owners coming in. I know some people feel that it will be the same old MLSE, and maybe they're right, but there may also be a lot of personel changes and that might make a difference. The problem with TFC right now is that no one in a real position of power takes responsibility for the team - it's just a lot of buck passing. It is possible that someone could be put in charge who's actually in charge. I would really like to hear someone in this organization say they were responsible instead of things like, "They have to fix it," and blaming the players or whatever else (in six years we've heard pretty much every excuse there is).

I just realized that's what I want. I don't care if it's beautiful attacking soccer or boring defensive soccer, what I want is "no more excuses soccer."

ExiledRed
05-03-2012, 06:25 PM

There are people on this board who might not remember but Roogsy and I used to be at each others throats, and strongly disagreed on numerous issues.

The fact that we both agreed on this as early as this time last year, should have been a terrifying omen for the lot of you.

ryan
05-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Rogers reluctance to alter those "salary parameters" put on the Blue Jays has me thinking otherwise about this change. I don't know what kind of change to expect here...but I'm not sold on "businesses" being team owners as a good idea.

Whoop
05-03-2012, 06:35 PM
I echo the same sentiments. Roogsy and I have had our battles. I've had my battles with Exiled. So add me to the omen. LOL

Whoop
05-03-2012, 06:36 PM
The chalkboard... if you want the heat maps.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2012-05-02-mtl-v-tor/chalkboard

trane
05-03-2012, 06:52 PM
^ Matteo Ferrari made 95 sucesfull passess.

Is this number correct?

Whoop
05-03-2012, 07:01 PM
That's what it says.

The numbers weren't pretty for TFC.

Montreal made 575 passes with an 81% success rate.

TFC made 291 passes with a 67% success rate.

Possession was 66% in favour of Montreal.

It was just bad all around.

jloome
05-03-2012, 07:01 PM

Is this number correct?

yep.

Thomas made 65. As a team they had nearly 600 complete passes.

trane
05-03-2012, 07:08 PM
^ And I see whal was up ther also with 62.

That speaks volumes. I wonder whoes back line is better, ours or Montreals.

Having said that the Canadian homegrown boys, Henry and Morgan are looking good.

Well at least someone is learning from out mistakes ( Vancouver and Montreal).

Stugatzo
05-03-2012, 08:28 PM
4-1 DCU...DeRo with the hat trick.
Maybe then, MAYBE Winter will wake the eff up to the nonsense of this system he is trying to play and start playing the game of football.

TFCAURORA
05-03-2012, 09:57 PM
---------------kocic------------
eks-----cann----aceval-----morgan
---avila--------frings---------jdg
--soolsma-----koev--------johnson

plata can sub in for soolsma and lamb for johnson.
avila can push forward and provide quality crosses into johnson or kiev. he can also sneak in past the defence and get quality through ball from brings and deguzman. notice that dunfield is not mentioned. he should never play nor his name ever mentioned as potentially playing. IMHO this is what the starting line up should be always Winter needs players that always play together so they can get used to each other.

TFCAURORA
05-03-2012, 10:01 PM
or back to basics

----------------kocic---------------
ecks-----cann----aceval-----morgan
soolsma---frings---jdg-------avila
----johnson------koevermans-------

soolsma and avila can both push forwards and past the defence with quality service from brings and jdg. the key here is Quality..

bigredone
05-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Cann is listed as inactive

-----Kocic--------
Eks----Henry----Aceval----Morgan
----Lambe-------Frings-----
Plata------Johnson----Soolsma
----------Koev---------

Score early and pull Plata and Soolsma for JDG and dare I say Dunfield.

prizby
05-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Cann is listed as inactive

-----Kocic--------
Eks----Henry----Aceval----Morgan
----Lambe-------Frings-----
Plata------Johnson----Soolsma
----------Koev---------

Score early and pull Plata and Soolsma for JDG and dare I say Dunfield.

is this on the tfc website (when you click roster)...that hasn't been updated yet

bigredone
05-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Yes, my only poor source, yet. They have the dutchmen as active so I figured it was updated.

But why Cann, it can't be that old. I hope!

Canary10
05-04-2012, 08:41 AM

Is this number correct?

Ferrari was the best player on the pitch by far. Although that's not a particularly high standard as there was no other good player on the pitch. Does make you wonder where TFC was when he was being shopped around MLS?

Chris Wren
05-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I thought Nyassi was Montreals best player. Every time he gets the ball he looks dangerous. Corradi was good also. I know you're making a point, but c'mon man.

Canary10
05-04-2012, 09:14 AM
^ If they were good one of them would have finished. Montreal was terrible in the final third, which falls on those guys. Don't know how you can say they were good.

trane
05-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Ferrari was the best player on the pitch by far. Although that's not a particularly high standard as there was no other good player on the pitch. Does make you wonder where TFC was when he was being shopped around MLS?

I do not think Ferrari was being shoped around the MLS, I have the feeling that the Impact management with their Italian connections went out and got him.

Section 117
05-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Trane, it was my understanding that Ferrari's agent went to Montreal looking for a spot not the other way around.

On to the match either TFC will win this game 3-1 Kovermans with 2 and Frings on a PK or we get hammered 4-1 and Winter is shown the door. Whether anyone agrees or disagrees with firing Winter you can not have him still here at 0-8.

rocker
05-04-2012, 10:09 AM
The story I read was that Ferrari came to them. They were not originally seeking him. I believe Joey Saputo said it was a pleasant surprise.

Regarding DC -- Kocic sounds like he wants to show them up for dumping him... maybe he'll be a hero tomorrow!

Canary10
05-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I read before that he made his intention to come to MLS well-known, he owns property in Florida, etc.

Anyway, that's a diversion from the real thread.

DangerRed
05-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Just watched the Game in 6 from Montreal, and am revising my score prediction. First off, there's just one highlight showing a Toronto chance. Every other is a Montreal chance.

Also, Silva's disgusting intentional hand ball was exactly that. Really sad to see that that sort of thing is tolerated by the club. I hope he got a fucking earful for it from Winter.

Anyway given the offensive firepower of DCU (and that DeRo and Santos are both comfortable with BMO's pitch, having played here so many times), as well as our porous defence, I think this could end up being 4-1 or worse.

DangerRed
05-04-2012, 12:01 PM
The story I read was that Ferrari came to them. They were not originally seeking him. I believe Joey Saputo said it was a pleasant surprise.

Regarding DC -- Kocic sounds like he wants to show them up for dumping him... maybe he'll be a hero tomorrow!

Kocic can't score, just like the rest of our squad.

ag futbol
05-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Agreed, Ferrari was obviously the best player on the pitch, by far. He's incredibly calm and collected on the ball. Talent to burn and clearly thinking multiple steps ahead of everyone else.

Greatest Ripoff
05-04-2012, 01:08 PM
For all the people gushing about Ferrari, did any of you watch the match v Vancouver? He looked pretty terrible. If he can play consistently this good all season, then good for him.

JuliquE
05-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Speaking of omens: wasn't DCU, at home, Preki's last game in charge? *sigh*

Yagbod
05-04-2012, 03:05 PM
This is from the TFC email about tomorrow. WTF kind of language is this?

Then enjoy an authentic football experience as Toronto FC takes on D.C. United at 4:00 p.m. in Major League Soccer action.

spark
05-04-2012, 03:47 PM
For all the people gushing about Ferrari, did any of you watch the match v Vancouver? He looked pretty terrible. If he can play consistently this good all season, then good for him.

Considering he had been with the club for just over a week, that's not out of the ordinary. Considering how quickly he improved after that shows (IMO) his quality.

Code Red
05-04-2012, 04:06 PM

Then enjoy an authentic football experience as Toronto FC takes on D.C. United at 4:00 p.m. in Major League Soccer action.

lol yeah we sure are "authentic". Authentic in the sense that we have zero points. Hard to sell the experience these days.

denime
05-04-2012, 04:32 PM

Followed up with this:

COME EARLY!
Every season, Toronto FC is asked to step up security on certain match days and tomorrow is one of those days. As a result, you may encounter minor delays at the gates as security executes bag checks upon entry. Fans are encouraged to take this into consideration when planning their arrival at BMO Field.

WTF

denime
05-04-2012, 04:34 PM
just watched the game in 6 from montreal, and am revising my score prediction. First off, there's just one highlight showing a toronto chance. Every other is a montreal chance.

Also, silva's disgusting intentional hand ball was exactly that. Really sad to see that that sort of thing is tolerated by the club. I hope he got a fucking earful for it from winter.

Anyway given the offensive firepower of dcu (and that dero and santos are both comfortable with bmo's pitch, having played here so many times), as well as our porous defence, i think this could end up being 4-1 for tfc or worse.

fixed :)

ensco
05-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Followed up with this:

WTF

That's code for "All Fire Anselmi banners will be confiscated"

KGH
05-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Looks like Soolsma is still out:

TORONTO FC -- OUT: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery); MF Nick Soolsma (L hamstring strain)

D.C. UNITED -- OUT: DF Ethan White (R knee surgery); MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear); DF Emiliano Dudar (L hamstring strain); QUESTIONABLE: MF Kurt Morsink (L foot neurectomy); FW Josh Wolff (L hamstring strain); DF Dejan Jakovic (L ankle sprain)

Because I didn't know what it was:

Neurectomy is the surgical removal of a nerve or a section of a nerve. This controversial procedure may be performed, for example, in cases of chronic pain where other treatments have failed. However the removal of the nerve can also cause negative effects, such as permanent numbness. A possible complication of a neurectomy is the development of a stump neuroma, which can cause painful sensations, in some cases worse than the original condition.

Auzzy
05-04-2012, 06:45 PM
^ I think we all need a major neurectomy. Maybe that's what's needed so we can enjoy TFC. Lobotomy might be more effective though.

Interesting interview with Torsten Frings:
http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/05/04/torsten-frings-may-4-2012

Richard
05-04-2012, 07:16 PM
^ I think we all need a major neurectomy. Maybe that's what's needed so we can enjoy TFC. Lobotomy might be more effective though.

Interesting interview with Torsten Frings:
http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/05/04/torsten-frings-may-4-2012

The reporters questions were unimaginative. The one kept asking about his missed penalty and berating him about why he missed, for christ sake Messi missed a penalty too. Another question i thought was stupid is if he regrets coming here, what else is he going to say, godawfull questions.

Auzzy
05-04-2012, 07:23 PM
^ Unfortunately I don't expect much from TFC interviewers. Still thought it was interesting that Frings converted about 21 or 22 penalty kicks in a row before last week, I did not know that...

Code Red
05-04-2012, 08:07 PM
That's code for "All Fire Anselmi banners will be confiscated"

Hah! Didn't think about that. I wonder if that's the reason for these additional security measures.
Seems a bit odd to just start beefing up security out of the blue like this. Then again this is ML$E.

spe18
05-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Did anyone realize that the ticket for tomorrow's game says "WINTER"? ;)

tiberius
05-04-2012, 10:37 PM
5-0. 2 from Dero, 2 from Santos and 1 from the DC keeper. If we are going to set a record this weekend, it might as well be memorable...

spe18
05-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Now 50% of the panelists on mlssoccer.com say it's gonna be a TFC win (and 2 others say we're gonna get at least a point)!!! Looks like the losing streak will be officially over!!!!!!

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/05/04/pick-em-mlssoccercom-editors-pick-weekend-matches

iy12l
05-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Were gonna lose, we might as well play this line-up
Roberts GK
--Henry-Plata-Maund-Hall-- DEf
-----Makabuya-JDG-------- CDM
----------Koef------------- CAM
--Dunfield-Harden-Frings-- ST

I would die from laughter if we won with this line-up

Furtado91
05-05-2012, 05:53 AM
I still say we sing that ML$E chant that TFC_ cityboy came up with. It would be awesome as they cant take away our voices:

"For when we get to the tipping point,whenever that is, here's a simple chant that dovetails well with the MLSE -Making Losing Seem Easy- banner.
Gets the message over to ownership without profanities (tho if you give me a few hours I could come up with one of those too)

To the tune below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIJncuoUFjA

MLSE, MLSE
Making losing seem easy
MLSE "

^^^ it seems like a good chant and if sung loud enough it could catch on :P.

Ajax TFC
05-05-2012, 08:16 AM
5-0. 2 from Dero, 2 from Santos and 1 from the DC keeper. If we are going to set a record this weekend, it might as well be memorable...
if we're going to set a record this weekend, I hope it's a 9-10 loss

bigredone
05-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Were gonna lose, we might as well play this line-up
Roberts GK
--Henry-Plata-Maund-Hall-- DEf
-----Makabuya-JDG-------- CDM
----------Koef------------- CAM
--Dunfield-Harden-Frings-- ST

I would die from laughter if we won with this line-up

Plata on defence??? Love it....Without Soolsma we will have less corners I'm sure. April 30th was Queens day and they have been celebrating Orange all month in the Netherlands. Soolsma should be on a plane back now haha.

bigredone
05-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Sadly though. in regards to the hilarious lineup, would anyone be surprised at this point? Would anything seem fucked up when compared to the last 8 - 9 games?

will
05-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Open letter for TFC fans is posted at
https://www.yousendit.com/download/M3BrT0NTeFVoeVpDaDhUQw?cid=pm-03002124310600000000;301019&locale=en_US&s=301019

ensco
05-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Dero will score, and it'll be the south end.

We could see the chicken dance of all chicken dances.

denime
05-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Open letter for TFC fans is posted at
https://www.yousendit.com/download/M3BrT0NTeFVoeVpDaDhUQw?cid=pm-03002124310600000000;301019&locale=en_US&s=301019

Thanks for the letter,now if I were you, :hide: would be the best idea.You are better of if you :leaving:,because you will be :smash::smash::taz: for that letter.

Yohan
05-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Cant say id blame him if he celebrates a goal in front of his 'hometown' crowd but itd prove hes no robbo

Yohan
05-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Or he might do im still not a DP dance. *tongue in cheek*

sully
05-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Anyone know if shoeless will show the FA cup final today?

denime
05-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Anyone know if shoeless will show the FA cup final today?

It is on Sportsnet World former Setanta,I don't know is Joe's has that channel.

Parkyyyy,help please?

OgtheDim
05-05-2012, 09:33 AM
That brings up a question.

Did DeRo score in Houston after he came here? And did he do his usual celebration if he did?

That would be a pointer.

Dv23
05-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Anybody else going to be cheering Dero?

sully
05-05-2012, 09:48 AM
It is on Sportsnet World former Setanta,I don't know is Joe's has that channel.

Parkyyyy,help please?

I just called shoeless. They don't have sports net world.

Beach_Red
05-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the letter,now if I were you, :hide: would be the best idea.You are better of if you :leaving:,because you will be :smash::smash::taz: for that letter.

What's to say, some people believe in this "plan" and some of us think it's just more MLSE bullshit, just more "Toronto Shuffle," or just normal organization-building being dressed up as something special.

ensco
05-05-2012, 10:01 AM
That brings up a question.

Did DeRo score in Houston after he came here? And did he do his usual celebration if he did?

That would be a pointer.

Houston beat us 3-0 away in 2009.

rocker
05-05-2012, 10:10 AM
2-1 TFC is my prediction. It'll be close until near the end. Then all the DC United fans will moan about how their team lost to the worst team in the league, Fire Ben Olsen, etc etc.

Gazza
05-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Dero will score, and it'll be the south end.

We could see the chicken dance of all chicken dances.

He will score, but he will not dance. Unless he gets booed and heckled. Then dance away De Ro!

Gazza
05-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Cant say id blame him if he celebrates a goal in front of his 'hometown' crowd but itd prove hes no robbo

You're right, he's no "robbo." De Ro actually had talent and was useful.

ensco
05-05-2012, 10:49 AM
He will score, but he will not dance. Unless he gets booed and heckled. Then dance away De Ro!

I'm not sure. You might be right. But if he dances, I'd let it slide.

We have a relationship with him that is bigger than just what happened with TFC (and I wanted him gone). Putting the club aside, at the"supporter to player" level, Dero has our back and we should have his:

- No one was more important than Dero in getting grass at BMO.
- Remember after his last game here Dero skipped the post-game presser to spend time with supporters (someone on here's brother had just passed away, it was an awful story). He got in trouble with the club over that.
- Plus we'll be cheering our lungs out for him this summer.

So if he dances, I would see that as an FU to Anselmi et al. He's entitled. God knows we'd all like to find a way to demonstrate our true feelings for those guys.

Yohan
05-05-2012, 11:00 AM
You're right, he's no "robbo." De Ro actually had talent and was useful.whoosh

ensco
05-05-2012, 11:05 AM
2-1 TFC is my prediction. It'll be close until near the end. Then all the DC United fans will moan about how their team lost to the worst team in the league, Fire Ben Olsen, etc etc.

Brave prediction. You seen the rate at which DCU are scoring? I think we'll need 4 goals to win.

Island Man
05-05-2012, 11:11 AM

He will dance, he has already said so.

v00d00daddy
05-05-2012, 12:11 PM
So this is what it has come to?

Some TFC supporters will be cheering for DeRo and won't mind if he (DC United) scores against TFC and does that fucking idiotic dance in front of the south end.

Well it's official.

We are finally typical Leaf fans. And it didn't take 40+ years.

Congrats.

I get people's anger over the current TFC situation but to cheer for an opposing player is something else.

To each their own but by that logic I'm sure nobody will mind when the impact come to town and i cheer for one of their players because I'm angry at TFC management. Lol

Enjoy the game today all.

I look forward to jeering DeRo and anyone cheering for a player in black.

Fort York Redcoat
05-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm not sure. You might be right. But if he dances, I'd let it slide.

We have a relationship with him that is bigger than just what happened with TFC (and I wanted him gone). Putting the club aside, at the"supporter to player" level, Dero has our back and we should have his:

- No one was more important than Dero in getting grass at BMO.
- Remember after his last game here Dero skipped the post-game presser to spend time with supporters (someone on here's brother had just passed away, it was an awful story). He got in trouble with the club over that.
- Plus we'll be cheering our lungs out for him this summer.

So if he dances, I would see that as an FU to Anselmi et al. He's entitled. God knows we'd all like to find a way to demonstrate our true feelings for those guys.

I disagree. Players don't get to decide how fans interperet their actions.

He can dance when he scores against USA in June. I don't want to see him celebrating on this field with that shirt on.

Maybe he could sign a cheque again? That would actually be less about the fans..

denime
05-05-2012, 12:20 PM
So this is what it has come to?

Some TFC supporters will be cheering for DeRo and won't mind if he (DC United) scores against TFC and does that fucking idiotic dance in front of the south end.

Well it's official.

We are finally typical Leaf fans. And it didn't take 40+ years.

Congrats.

I get people's anger over the current TFC situation but to cheer for an opposing player is something else.

To each their own but by that logic I'm sure nobody will mind when the impact come to town and i cheer for one of their players because I'm angry at TFC management. Lol

Enjoy the game today all.

I look forward to jeering DeRo and anyone cheering for a player in black.

Well, here it is to every single one of you who will cheer a DC player DeRo today.:dita::dita::dita:

Torontotonto
05-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Yes, DeRo was our most prolific scorer and plays for our National team.
DeRo or any other former Red coming to our house not wearing Red should not be supported by anyone, like FYRC said, save the DeRo support for our CMNT.

ensco
05-05-2012, 12:37 PM
^Signing a cheque, that would actually be amusing. I would love that.

Re getting upset over dancing, meh. Lots of opposing guys have celebrated here, this isn't Red Star vs Dinamo Zagreb.

There's a difference between cheering for him, and letting it slide. I'd let it slide but am not cheering for him.

v00d00daddy
05-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Well, here it is to every single one of you who will cheer a DC player DeRo today.:dita::dita::dita:.

Agreed. Lol

If I had some way to get my hands on a bunch of dc united t shirts I'd bring them today and toss them at anyone cheering for the opposition to see if they're willing to put it on.

That'll show the boys in red. Hahahaha.

On a side note: I will be at the cmnt games cheering for DeRo and all the other boys in red.

Today is not the time or place for it though.

Richard
05-05-2012, 12:44 PM
If i recall correctly Dero did not dance in DC when he scored a hatrick. I wont be upset nor happy if he scores, im just going to sit there thinking what could have been if we had him instead of JDG.

DoubleUp
05-05-2012, 12:47 PM
^Signing a cheque, that would actually be amusing. I would love that.

Re getting upset over dancing, meh. Lots of opposing guys have celebrated here, this isn't Red Star vs Dinamo Zagreb.

There's a difference between cheering for him, and letting it slide.

Nobody should be cheering for Dero, because essentially thats cheering against Tfc.

The dance is his perogative, considering most on here wanted him to go anyway.

and we traded him to new york, not DC..........if he celebrates its like he would against any other team, because we are not his former team just one of many.

Lumpy
05-05-2012, 12:53 PM
If Dero dances it will be because he has finally passed Reggie Lambe for the scoring title after playing 11 games. Reggie will still have 3 games in hand though.

SoccMan
05-05-2012, 01:15 PM
What we should be concerned about is will there be more empty seats than people in them today? Moreover, does our coach know what he is doing? Who cares what Dero does, we have much more problems to deal with concerning this organization.

denime
05-05-2012, 01:37 PM
ML$E should be concern with empty seats,we should be concerned how TFC boys will play today.

Couchy81
05-05-2012, 01:59 PM
ML$E should be concern with empty seats,we should be concerned how TFC boys will play today.

That's it!

pyppurs
05-05-2012, 02:24 PM
#TorontoFC (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23TorontoFC) XI: Kocic; Eckersley, Henry, Aceval, Morgan; Frings, de Guzman, Silva; Lambe, Johnson, Avila .. #TFC (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23TFC) #MLS (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23MLS)
#TorontoFC (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23TorontoFC) Substitutes: Roberts; Hall, Harden, Cann, Dunfield, Burgos, Plata ..

pyppurs
05-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Starting XI vs #TFC (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23TFC): Hamid; Najar, McDonald, Woolard, Korb; Cruz, Kitchen, De Rosario (c), Neal; Santos, Pontius #DCU (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23DCU)
Available subs vs #TFC (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23TFC): Willis, Russell, Boskovic, King, Morsink, Salihi, Wolff #DCU (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23DCU)

jaxul
05-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I hope the boys will be fueled by DeRo's return and put in 110% effort. It is our only chance. If anyone slacks off we are done...

Luanda
05-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Streams?

ag futbol
05-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Starting XI vs #TFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TFC): Hamid; Najar, McDonald, Woolard, Korb; Cruz, Kitchen, De Rosario (c), Neal; Santos, Pontius #DCU (http://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23DCU)
Available subs vs #TFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TFC): Willis, Russell, Boskovic, King, Morsink, Salihi, Wolff #DCU (http://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23DCU)
What happened to De Leon?

LesH
05-05-2012, 02:59 PM
No streams?

firstrowsports is not streaming it, that was our salvation in the last 1-2 months...

:facepalm:

Luanda
05-05-2012, 03:01 PM
No streams?

firstrowsports is not streaming it, that was our salvation in the last 1-2 months...

:facepalm:

http://atdhenet.tv/46854/watch-toronto-fc-vs-dc-united

LesH
05-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks man!

Brooker
05-05-2012, 03:02 PM
This team is so depressing it doesn't even hurt anymore. Score 10 for all I care DeRo. Take a dump on Bitchy, Santos. Who cares.

Island Man
05-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks man!

Is that link working for you? Im got nothing.

Luanda
05-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Is that link working for you? Im got nothing.

That link does not work for me either.

Flipityflu
05-05-2012, 03:10 PM
up now

Richard
05-05-2012, 03:10 PM
It works :http://atdhenet.tv/46854/watch-toronto-fc-vs-dc-united

Island Man
05-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Working now! Phew!!!!!!

[NBF]
05-05-2012, 03:13 PM
#TorontoFC (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23TorontoFC) XI: Kocic; Eckersley, Henry, Aceval, Morgan; Frings, de Guzman, Silva; Lambe, Johnson, Avila .. #TFC (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23TFC) #MLS (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23MLS)#TorontoFC (http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23TorontoFC) Substitutes: Roberts; Hall, Harden, Cann, Dunfield, Burgos, Plata ..About time they started avila and silva at the same time.

Ajax TFC
05-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Ahhhhh!!! Why is Frings in te back line?!?

[NBF]
05-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Even though the DC United has some pace, I'm confident with this lineup TFC has started with so far.

ryan
05-05-2012, 03:15 PM
that sums it up right there.

JDG with a terrible ball forward. Najar gives a great chance from the same long distance.

What a bum you are JDG. Just quit.

Richard
05-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Ahhhhh!!! Why is Frings in te back line?!?

I was just going to ask, i thought he was in mid according to the starting lineup.

ag futbol
05-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Better cross there from Morgan

[NBF]
05-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Deguzman and Frings are making dropping back to close the gaps in defense. DeGuzman is playing between eckersley and Henry and Frings is playing in between Henry and Aceval. So this lineup might as well be a 6-3-1

Luanda
05-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Working now! Phew!!!!!!

Still not workking for me (in Paris). Alternatives?

DoubleUp
05-05-2012, 03:26 PM
deguzman is all over the place.

OgtheDim
05-05-2012, 03:28 PM
deguzman is all over the place.

Musta been the shoes....

DoubleUp
05-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Avila as winger I said it first:D

Richard
05-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Haha Micon, great pass.

ag futbol
05-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Come on kid, take your shot already. If the pass isn't there .. it isn't there.

rocktml
05-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Morgan is a tool! Not ready to be in starting lineup

OgtheDim
05-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Morgan is a tool! Not ready to be in starting lineup

Ur missing an indefinite article after the "in" there.......not sure Plata is that much better.

Not being outplayed. Settling down to a typical MLS match actually. Oh look......DeRo offside.

TorontoGooner
05-05-2012, 03:50 PM
The standard of the league and this team at times is awful. Since I first started going in 2007 I've noticed that teams will never string more than five passes together, TFC especially. It's all kick and rush. FFS, get the ball on the floor, and pass to a man in space. Patience is a virtue in football.

Richard
05-05-2012, 03:54 PM
The standard of the league and this team at times is awful. Since I first started going in 2007 I've noticed that teams will never string more than five passes together, TFC especially. It's all kick and rush. FFS, get the ball on the floor, and pass to a man in space. Patience is a virtue in football.

Problem is you cant be patient in MLS, teams are always bringing a full field rush.

DoubleUp
05-05-2012, 03:54 PM
good half

ag futbol
05-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Nothing half really. But we're at least not getting caught off guard at the back.

Both teams look pretty tired after playing midweek.

ag futbol
05-05-2012, 04:16 PM
"shoulder check, that's fair game"

*groan* I think the this is some kind of wierd myth perpetuated by commentators. There is no "shoulder-to-shoulder" rule, it's at best a guideline that is meant to indicate that incidental contact between players while legitimately challenging for the ball is acceptable. It doesn't mean you can check the guy and say it's within the rules:facepalm:

Richard
05-05-2012, 04:20 PM
What is Kocic doing:facepalm:

OgtheDim
05-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Kocic.........that's two like that in 2 minutes.

Richard
05-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Omg.

DoubleUp
removing silva was a mistake..............he was breaking up play and causing trouble in the middle something avila cant do.

pyppurs
lamb lucky to not get a red with the hand save

anyway, pontius with great strike 1-0 DC

OgtheDim
05-05-2012, 04:23 PM
All our pressure stopped when Kocic made a couple of lousy passes out. I agree about Plata for Silva, not a good idea.

69Chevy396
05-05-2012, 04:23 PM
lamb lucky to not get a red with the hand save

anyway, pontius with great strike 1-0 DC

Actually, TFC are playing well considering they are the worst team in league history.

Richard
05-05-2012, 04:27 PM
This is the same script over and over. Tfc play well but fail to capitalize on chances then give up a goal, culminating in us being always a step behind.

69Chevy396
05-05-2012, 04:29 PM
That is usually the difference between winning and losing in MLS.

DoubleUp
05-05-2012, 04:32 PM
did fringst just throw the armband on the ground?

ag futbol
I don't think we should say we are playing well, we are playing ok. It's not like we are being unjustly done here.

We gave up a few quality chances and paid the price on one of them. Comparatively, we've pressed a bit but they are out playing us and frankly have better players.

rocktml
Frings is not injuried :p he is taking the first plane to germany

69Chevy396
Injury prone Frings out again. Hey, lets hope mlse finds another 36 year old player to build the team around.

Richard
05-05-2012, 04:33 PM

I wouldnt look to hard into that, he is fustrated more than anything.

jloome
That is usually the difference between winning and losing in MLS.

MLS is about risk management. He increased our risk, lowered our chances of success when he brought in Plata for Silva. Should've just kept on the same balanced approach from the first half.

ag futbol
Injury prone Frings out again. Hey, lets hope mlse finds another 36 year old player to build the team around.
Hey this is a longterm build, he's going to hit his prime when he's 38

69Chevy396
05-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Koevermans, Frings, JDG...I would rather have Santos, De RO, and even Gargan

OgtheDim
05-05-2012, 04:34 PM

He was throwing it towards De Guzman using his bad throwing hand while in pain with a right shoulder injury. De Guzman probably was loafing over.

Ratven
05-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Frings is not injuried :p he is taking the first plane to germany

I wouldn't blame him.

DoubleUp
05-05-2012, 04:37 PM

its not really about age, its about forcing frings, koevs and aceval to come in looking athletic and fit not hiding guts under jerseys.

Those 3 look fat.

Couchy81
05-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Comon boys at least get one. For the sake of our sanity.

pyppurs
05-05-2012, 04:40 PM
sigh sigh

TFCBarrie
its not really about age, its about forcing frings, koevs and aceval to come in looking athletic and fit not hiding guts under jerseys.

Those 3 look fat.

This is the stupidest fucking comment.

ag futbol
Ooohhhh man ...

jloome
05-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Fucking players don't know the onside rule. They think it was off because of DeRo, but he's not impacting the play.

Jesus. What a shitshow.

ryan
fucking lol

now we know why the added security was there. MLSE wagered on DCU

Oldtimer
game over (actually it was over when Frings went off).

Richard
Season is officially over.

DoubleUp
05-05-2012, 04:43 PM
This is the stupidest fucking comment.

for somebody living vicariously through a fat frings, koevs and aceval.

ryan
05-05-2012, 04:43 PM
bloody garbage. don't score.

ag futbol
05-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Bring back Mo Johnston! (kidding, kidding)

jloome
Played well in the first half, disciplined. Second half, we were lazy. Second to the ball, dropping too deep to conserve energy. Joao Plata can't play defence and is too small to play offense, so I'm not sure what the point of bringing him on is. Morgan's defensive work ethic disappeared in the second half. Reggie Lambe managed to pick the wrong studs at home and fell down at the top of the box on his best two openings.

Just...Mickey Mouse. What else can you say?

Ratven
Money Sucking Loser Empire.

If that's supposed to be an acronym of MLSE.... lol

ryan
05-05-2012, 04:45 PM
If that's supposed to be an acronym of MLSE.... lol

shh. you saw nothing.

Richard
05-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Nice edit.

ag futbol
05-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Played well in the first half, disciplined. Second half, we were lazy. Second to the ball, dropping too deep to conserve energy. Joao Plata can't play defence and is too small to play offense, so I'm not sure what the point of bringing him on is. Morgan's defensive work ethic disappeared in the second half. Reggie Lambe managed to pick the wrong studs at home and fell down at the top of the box on his best two openings.

Just...Mickey Mouse. What else can you say?
Kurt Larson made a good point about TFC's offseason: this team had its priorities all wrong with regards to signings. They spent all their time trying to get Eckersley, Plata, and Avila to come back.. all of those guys are comparatively replacable, and none are as important as a strong central defender.

Soccerpro
05-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Surely no one believes that Winter is the right guy for TFC anymore?

Couchy81
05-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Hey guys look on the bright side, we are setting records, TFC's name will be long associated with the worst MLS club of all time

Soccerpro
05-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Andy Najar is the fastest player I can remember seeing in MLS against TFC so far this year. He out paces Plata every time.

ryan
05-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't think any manager or player will make a difference. Move the team to NY or Orlando or whatever, come back in a few years with a new expansion club that has nothing to do with MLSE. That's about all we can do.

jloome
05-05-2012, 04:54 PM

They don't understand or recognize strengths and weaknesses. It took Cann not registering a single tackle before they gave Henry a shot in his proper position. It took Dunfield tanking game after game. Now they take out Silva, who was playing OK, for Plata, who's been terrible.

Yeah, that's it. I'm done. No hope with these guys.

Strans
05-05-2012, 04:56 PM
They don't understand or recognize strengths and weaknesses. It took Cann not registering a single tackle before they gave Henry a shot in his proper position. It took Dunfield tanking game after game. Now they take out Silva, who was playing OK, for Plata, who's been terrible.

This. 100%.

boban
05-05-2012, 04:56 PM
5 coaches should tell you it doesn't matter who they hire. Why can't people realize this.

tfcleeds
05-05-2012, 04:57 PM

Now that we have the record, I wonder how long the apologists want to give him now? People say they're sick and tired of the revolving door - well, maybe a coaching change is the only thing that can get this team out of its funk.

Richard
05-05-2012, 04:58 PM

I wonder how Winter had a job at evaluating youth talent, mind boggling really.

ag futbol
There's no debate anymore, Winter has without a doubt lost his job. The only question becomes how much longer the circus gets to plug along before they take the tent down.

tfcleeds
5 coaches should tell you it doesn't matter who they hire. Why can't people realize this.

Agreed. Winter is far from the only problem here.

Richard
05-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Agreed. Winter is far from the only problem here.

Shame there is nothing really you can do to get rid of the execs. Not paying any money would get their attention but this is Toronto.

Blowing Bubbles
05-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Fuck me to tears

boban
05-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Didn't win cause our forwards can't capitalize and score on their chances.
Lost because we have a generous goalie.

TFCRegina
05-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Fire them all. Starting with the Day 1 people.

TorontoGooner
05-05-2012, 05:05 PM
"Soccer" is really coming on in this country, eh? What a joke

ManUtd4ever
05-05-2012, 05:05 PM
What's left to be said that hasn't already been said?

Are there any MLS records of futility that TFC hasn't broken yet?

How much longer do we have to put up with this shite?