PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Stone Cuts & Runs

MartinUtd
05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Anyone remember that English guy who was all excited to follow MLS and wrote up some sarcastic blog posts about how he liked shitty football?

Well apparently enough is enough and old Jimmy can't muster up a blog post once a month for the team and/or league he was so excited about. Some bullshit about a career move:

It is with great sadness that I have decided to postpone my MLS journey for the foreseeable future. I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about the league and in particular becoming versed in all that is Toronto FC from the clubs knowledgeable fans. However my circumstances have recently dramatically changed and I now enter a new and exciting chapter in my career. I am optimistic that I will one day write about MLS again and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for my abrupt departure from the Major League Soccer scene- I have enjoyed every kick!

So long Jimmy. I wish you well in seeking attention elsewhere.

Yagbod
05-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Unfollow...

dantdot
05-02-2012, 11:08 AM
He seemed like a nice guy, no need to crap on him. And to be clear, this was before our horrendous run.

ArmenJBX
05-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Okay.

Before this thread goes WAY out of hand.

Having worked with Jimmy Stone for a few articles at RedNation, I can tell you he's not the kind to just cut and run.

Jimmy got a job as an assistant editor for Charlton Athletic. In doing so, his time has been dedicated to that team. It also means he can't run off and write for other publications, just like Asif Hossain can't write for the Toronto Star; he's attached to the club's official website beat.

This, coupled with some health-related incidents, puts him in a poor position to attend live Toronto FC games as his blog was eventually leading up to.

MartinUtd
05-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Thread was more in jest than in vindictiveness. I just thought the timing was brilliant.

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2012, 12:28 PM
I liked the writing in his first couple of articles, but thought the quality started to drop off after that. And the updates were too far and between after the first few weeks.

I don't begrudge him that - blogs come and go. They are a dime a dozen, and this is how a lot of them go - new blogger can't wait to write incisive, funny posts, then realizes he had less ideas rattling around up there than he thought. Congrats to him on his new position. I wish him well.

- Scott

Brooker
05-02-2012, 01:58 PM
I liked the writing in his first couple of articles, but thought the quality started to drop off after that. And the updates were too far and between after the first few weeks.

I don't begrudge him that - blogs come and go. They are a dime a dozen, and this is how a lot of them go - new blogger can't wait to write incisive, funny posts, then realizes he had less ideas rattling around up there than he thought. Congrats to him on his new position. I wish him well.

- Scott

Yeah his first couple posts had me actually laughing my ass off... but as time went on the laughter turned to smirks at best and then he just got kinda boring.

Hope he comes back eventually but I doubt it.