PDA

View Full Version : Update: TFC 2009 Jerseys

Damien
07-12-2008, 02:50 PM
K, so here's some thing's i've found out from an inside source at adidas.

* Replica and Official jerseys will be distinctly different. The official ones will have a faint maple leaf taking up the front of the jersey made of gels/bubbles.

* The official ones will also have the mls logo on one sleeve and the canadian flag on the other sleeve.

* The new jerseys will have more gray around the shoulders much like the warm-up jerseys this year.

* There will be a new white jersey (possibly for int'l matches)

* There will be a pink jersey... not sure if this will be a 3rd jersey or if it will be for women, much like those pink leafs jerseys.

TFC07
07-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Pink jersey? TFC going to be MLS version of Palermo now?

adampz
07-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I think i can speak for almost everyone when i say i dont want our boys running around the pitch in pink

Flipityflu
07-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Jonh Carvers' Cute Pink Army

maybe not huh

adampz
07-12-2008, 03:56 PM
any word on how expensive the new official jerseys will be?

Damien
07-12-2008, 03:59 PM
^ nope, sorry... and they probably wont be released until jan 2009 at the earliest

toonarmy
07-12-2008, 04:02 PM
http://www.evertonfc.com/assets/_files/images/oct_07/efc__1191493743_pink_shirts.jpg

TheHollister
07-12-2008, 04:07 PM
* There will be a pink jersey... not sure if this will be a 3rd jersey or if it will be for women, much like those pink leafs jerseys.

Ew. Just.... ew. I hate the pink jerseys. :puke:

Roogsy
07-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah...I am not feeling the pink. Unless its for girls. Sorry Palermo.

NateDoGG
07-12-2008, 05:03 PM
im sure the pink kits will be for womens breast cancer, u know like in the nhl all the teams have pink sticks for those certain games.

kitchener-TFC
07-12-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't like the sound of these new jerseys. Do we really need to slap a maple leaf on everything to prove that it's Canadian?

Roogsy
07-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Most of my clothes have maple syrup stains...so I am more Canadian than anyone else. ;)

Baggio2TFC
07-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Most of my clothes have maple syrup stains...so I am more Canadian than anyone else. ;)
:canada::rofl:

MisterMacphisto
07-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Oh when the Pink!
Oh when the Pink!
Go dancing in!
Go dancing in!

kitchener-TFC
07-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Will the TFC still remain RED and GREY?

Detroit_TFC
07-12-2008, 05:39 PM
I don't like the sound of these new jerseys. Do we really need to slap a maple leaf on everything to prove that it's Canadian?

I was thinking along the same lines. I'm not sure there should be any national symbols on MLS jerseys. What when we win the MLS Cup? The current MLS scudetto uses the US flag colors, would people like that? It's just not right for a binational league. Also, TFC has players from around the world, its not just Canadians on the team.

Don't get me wrong, I have zero problems with BMO Field (as it is the National Stadium, at least in name for now), the singing of the national anthems, etc. But I'd like to see TFC grow to be a world-class team and even now it has supporters world wide. It's not just a Canadian thing.

I would not like to see US flags on US MLS team's jerseys either, for many of the same reasons.

MFBODD
07-12-2008, 06:47 PM
I say keep the flags out of this. It's club football anyway, not national. I do not like the faint maple leaf as well. As we know all too well right now, we are not the only professional football club in Canada, and we are not "Canada's team". Yes, we are the only Canadian club in the league at the moment, but that will change over time.

Pink? I don't remember any talk about us trying to get Landycakes. Anyone?

mr k
07-12-2008, 07:22 PM
the MLS is a bastardized league anyway with 2 conferences, playoffs, all star game, salary caps, drafts, playing on FIFA dates etc. etc. etc.

So, having a faint maple leaf is the least of our worries about how we're perceived. Saying that the team kit should represent who we are and the Maple Leaf is the number 1 symbol associated with any Canadian team (especially from Ontario but except for certain teams from Quebec). And I noticed the Whitecaps have a small leaf on their sleeves, which added a nice touch.

Dirk Diggler
07-12-2008, 11:38 PM
A faint maple leaf? That is what the Canadian National Team shirts should have. Seriously, our current jerseys are extremely plain and boring. The maple leaf would spice shit up.

James Oliphant
07-12-2008, 11:44 PM

You know, we've had a picture of the home strip up at GoTFC for some 3 or 4 days now...

I won't post the picture here (it's not mine to post elsewhere) but I will give you the link to the thread...
http://gotorontofc.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2713

The only question that remains is...who's gonna be the first to pop the collar like Eric Le Roi?

TFCAlbertaGirl
07-12-2008, 11:45 PM
I can't stand the pink TFC shirts..no way I'm sporting anything other than team colours

arbogast
07-12-2008, 11:53 PM
You know, we've had a picture of the home strip up at GoTFC for some 3 or 4 days now...

I won't post the picture here (it's not mine to post elsewhere) but I will give you the link to the thread...

The only question that remains is...who's gonna be the first to pop the collar like Eric Le Roi?

They look kinda nice...actually I like them better than the current ones, but the maple leaf is cutting in to the MNT branding a bit too much.

Daveisonfire
07-13-2008, 12:06 AM

Thus ends my 2009 template search...coulda said it earlier mann hahaha

Its....okay?
I'll need to see it in detail/on someone to make up my mind about it...but I don't exactly fancy it right now..

ilikemusic
07-13-2008, 12:22 AM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3815/newtorontozx1.jpg

Meh. Ill take it. I can kind of make out the maple leaf background. Looks kinda cool. I dont mind the Canadiana accent. Id say its a step up.

egoodwin
07-13-2008, 02:15 AM
ugh I see the same road shade of gray jersey in behind that red one...

they should have gone with the dark gray for the main colour...

The Kingpin
07-13-2008, 04:39 AM
the MLS is a bastardized league anyway with 2 conferences, playoffs, all star game, salary caps, drafts, playing on FIFA dates etc. etc. etc.

So, having a faint maple leaf is the least of our worries about how we're perceived. Saying that the team kit should represent who we are and the Maple Leaf is the number 1 symbol associated with any Canadian team (especially from Ontario but except for certain teams from Quebec). And I noticed the Whitecaps have a small leaf on their sleeves, which added a nice touch.

I'm in this camp... Let's sort out the really lame elements associated with the league and then worry about the small potatoes. But it does get tiresome to see the maple leaf represented everywhere... The Canadian National Team logo is rudimentary and pre-school in nature. Many national teams use their countries heraldry, why would we not utilise this representation for Canada. That would show some real pride...

Chevy
07-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah...I am not feeling the pink. Unless its for girls. Sorry Palermo.

When you're from Sicily you can wear whatever colour you want. Those that don't like it will end up sleeping with the fishes.:eek:

coisty1966
07-13-2008, 08:13 AM

i tend to agree...we know we're Canadian....does it really matter?

also....more grey around the shoulders?? i say lose the grey all together, make the top all red...

Brewer-NL
07-13-2008, 09:41 AM
I'll reserve final judgement until I see them in person, but I'm not a huge fan of the grey shoulders. Looks alot like the training jersey. Having said that, I'll still probably buy one. It's too bad they don't sell them yet, I'm coming up to Toronto this weekend for the SJ game, would love to get one then.

pedro
07-13-2008, 09:49 AM
collars! I love collars!

but yeah, looks a lot like the one Carver wears (which I have and love)...

mclaren
07-13-2008, 10:03 AM
that's one ugly shirt

arbogast
07-13-2008, 10:13 AM

also....more grey around the shoulders?? i say lose the grey all together, make the top all red...

I'd likethat too, but it's too similar to Shitcago. Let's face it we're already biting their styles with the red top and red shorts. I'd actually like to see a kit similar to Arsenal or Ajax. Mix in more white (like red body with white sleeves or vise versa) to distinguish ourselves from the Fire.

coisty1966
07-13-2008, 10:35 AM

I'd likethat too, but it's too similar to Shitcago. Let's face it we're already biting their styles with the red top and red shorts. I'd actually like to see a kit similar to Arsenal or Ajax. Mix in more white (like red body with white sleeves or vise versa) to distinguish ourselves from the Fire.

We are TFC they are Shitcago!! thats distinguishing enough!! haha

Come on you REDS!!! not Come on you Red and Greys! just my humble opinion.....

NateDoGG
07-13-2008, 10:40 AM
shit that tshirt is nasty

Cas87
07-13-2008, 11:03 AM

* Replica and Official jerseys will be distinctly different. The official ones will have a faint maple leaf taking up the front of the jersey made of gels/bubbles.

* The official ones will also have the mls logo on one sleeve and the canadian flag on the other sleeve.

* The new jerseys will have more gray around the shoulders much like the warm-up jerseys this year.

* There will be a new white jersey (possibly for int'l matches)

I think the pink is for the women (ala NHL Jerseys this pass season) and possibly for a Mother's Day game/Double header with the CNWT

ThunderTundra
07-13-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm not going to shoot this down until I see the actual jerseys.
I have a feeling they will look sort of like the Puma National team jerseys from a few years back with the faint symbol on the front. Might not look so bad when its all said and done.

Bobo
07-13-2008, 11:24 AM
It takes real men to pull off pink.

arbogast
07-13-2008, 06:04 PM
please...no pink. and for the record, I actually like the greys.

Bars92
07-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Two in the pink, one in the stink.

Leprechaun
07-13-2008, 07:36 PM

Meh. Ill take it. I can kind of make out the maple leaf background. Looks kinda cool. I dont mind the Canadiana accent. Id say its a step up.

Holy shit that is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Wow. I'm pissed! Forget buying next years kit. Can't stand collars.

egoodwin
07-13-2008, 07:40 PM
It takes real men to pull off pink.
douches =/= real men

Northern Soul
07-13-2008, 07:55 PM
1. I don't like collars
2. I don't like the grey on the shoulders
3. The logo still appears to be FELT
4. I don't like the shirt.

I'm really disappointed if that's next year's kit. I won't be buying it.

Bars92
07-13-2008, 08:32 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=535

What would be wrong with this??

zeelaw
07-13-2008, 08:32 PM
a collar can be great
BUT WTF black?

canadian_bhoy
07-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I think having both the flag on the sleve and the leaf in the middle is a little bit over the top, but I think that overall, it looks awesome.

I love the grey on the shoulders and the collar is nice.

canadian_bhoy
07-13-2008, 09:40 PM
BTW. Why doesn't TFC consult the fans when they are selecting the design? I know everyone has different opinions, ideas and feeling about stuff like this...but why not call up Jack and get a group of RPB's down at BMO and say "Here's what we're going to pick...what do you guys think?"

They had us vote on the games times and the name of the crappy Crew cup thing...why (for something as important as this) are the fans shut out?

Daveisonfire
07-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Funny thing is...I'm pretty sure the template used is the same one that Newcastle is using for their home kit...judging by the collar anyways.

Jeff s
07-13-2008, 11:30 PM
I have to see it in person, but so far tbh I actually like it

I also like the fact that the leaf is presented in the middle and on the sleeve.

MarkEightThree
07-14-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm not liking that shirt at all, it looks way too busy in the front. Also if they keep the shorts the same, there's going to be too much grey up top.

I wouldn't worry about the pink jerseys, they're probably going to be exclusively for chicks and will be made to be form-fitting like the leaf ones. If not, meh big deal. It's 2008, I'm pretty sure most guys are confident enough in their sexuality to rock the pink jersey.

James17930
07-14-2008, 02:48 AM
It's not bad . . . but I don't like the ghosted maple leaf on the front -- that makes it look like a cheesy t-shirt

Keystone FC
07-14-2008, 03:05 AM
I kinda like it. I just want to know if the badge will be felt.

jayeden
07-14-2008, 06:53 AM
1. I don't like collars
2. I don't like the grey on the shoulders
3. The logo still appears to be FELT
4. I don't like the shirt.

I'm really disappointed if that's next year's kit. I won't be buying it.

as if you can tell by that picture..

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 07:25 AM
I think having both the flag on the sleve and the leaf in the middle is a little bit over the top, but I think that overall, it looks awesome.

I love the grey on the shoulders and the collar is nice.

I actually think it's a decent touch. Seperates us from the rest of the league in terms of jerseys. Also reminds me of United's ghosted image of OT on the '94 jerseys.

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/images/Man-United-94-Home-COL.jpg

pekduck
07-14-2008, 08:08 AM
don't like that design at all...

might be an option to wear that at a golf driving range.. lol

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 08:11 AM
don't like that design at all...

might be an option to wear that at a golf driving range.. lol

Why's that? Because it has a collar?

Few things why I like this design:

1) Got rid of the god awful 'squiggles' down the sides. Huge plus.
2) Collar. Always loved jerseys with collars. (Though, stupid popped collar trend will be in full effect)
3) Maple leaf image. It's hard to tell from a cell phone picture, but it looks ghosted enough that it won't draw too much attention to it.
4) Dark grey. Much prefer the dark gray over the lighter gray.
5) Crested logo. Speaks for itself.

ilikemusic
07-14-2008, 08:23 AM
I actually think it's a decent touch. Seperates us from the rest of the league in terms of jerseys. Also reminds me of United's ghosted image of OT on the '94 jerseys.

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/images/Man-United-94-Home-COL.jpg

:puke:

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 08:27 AM
^^ Gimme a break, using it as an example.

Wagner
07-14-2008, 08:30 AM
the pink could be for mother's day/breast cancer...
auction them off for charity...
we shouldn't jump to conclusions about that one.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/office_space_kit_mat.jpg

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 08:45 AM
the pink could be for mother's day/breast cancer...
auction them off for charity...
we shouldn't jump to conclusions about that one.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/office_space_kit_mat.jpg

Could also be the typical North American marketing campaign. You can by almost any jersey/hat in pink from almost any major team from any major sport in North America.

AL-MO
07-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I think i can speak for almost everyone when i say i dont want our boys running around the pitch in pink

We'll leave that for Italian teams. :p

AL-MO
07-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Why's that? Because it has a collar?

Few things why I like this design:

1) Got rid of the god awful 'squiggles' down the sides. Huge plus.
2) Collar. Always loved jerseys with collars. (Though, stupid popped collar trend will be in full effect)
3) Maple leaf image. It's hard to tell from a cell phone picture, but it looks ghosted enough that it won't draw too much attention to it.
4) Dark grey. Much prefer the dark gray over the lighter gray.
5) Crested logo. Speaks for itself.

Thats right! Collars fucking rock!

RealG-TFC
07-14-2008, 11:09 AM
^^^ OxbHEtF3opY

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 11:10 AM
^^ Popped collars.. ugh.

Parkdale
07-14-2008, 11:10 AM
am I the only one who thinks the TFC crest should be larger than the BMO logo?
(well the other way around actually, the crest is the right size, but the logo looks too big)

ilikemusic
07-14-2008, 11:19 AM
^^ Gimme a break, using it as an example.

I was only joking.

That looks awful though. I can hardly believe it was real.

Thats got to be one of the only instances in history where a picture of the home stadium was put on the front of a jersey.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I have the jersey and fucking love it to be honest. I thought it was a great tribute jersey.

flatpicker
07-14-2008, 11:28 AM
I just scanned through this thread...
First... where was that pic taken??? I assume that shirt isn't for sale so is that in a warehouse or something?
I think it looks ok... better than the current one for sure (I can't stand our squiggles)

ilikemusic
07-14-2008, 11:34 AM
I have the jersey and fucking love it to be honest. I thought it was a great tribute jersey.

Its definately unique, and were I a Man U fan im sure I would love it for the fact that it is so interesting looking.

As a nuetral and a self proclaimed sports uniform geek, I must say its a wee bit garish.

Parkdale
07-14-2008, 11:44 AM
BTW. Why doesn't TFC consult the fans when they are selecting the design? I know everyone has different opinions, ideas and feeling about stuff like this...

Because it's almost entirely up to adidas. TFC probably gets a few templates,
and then they get a small bit of customization (like the maple leaf). The idea
of bringing in fan opinion, as cool as that could be, would only lead to a Frankenjersey

http://girtby.net/images/homer-car.gif

Northern Soul
07-14-2008, 01:09 PM
as if you can tell by that picture..

Erm...actually, I can. I know what Adidas jerseys with embroidered crests look like - I have 2 Liverpool ones. THAT TFC one in the pic is not embroidered. It is felt, same as this year.

Chewy Unikronik
07-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Garbaggio!

Stugatzo
07-15-2008, 09:03 AM
It's got a collar??!!
I might have to pull a Craig Bellamy when he was with Liverpool...he always ripped the collars off his adidas shirts.

http://www.prosoccerequipment.com/blog/?p=71

Technorgasm
07-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Rubbish

Pachuco
07-15-2008, 09:44 AM
That's pretty ugly. but if Hakan Sukur is wearing it I'll buy it :)

noochie
07-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Are they being distributed already?

Dave67
07-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Is the red the same red we have now (or similar)? I'm off to see the people who are making the 110 banner and I planned on showing them the current jersey so they could try and match the red. Seems pointless if the red is changing.

flatpicker
07-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Is the red the same red we have now (or similar)? I'm off to see the people who are making the 110 banner and I planned on showing them the current jersey so they could try and match the red. Seems pointless if the red is changing.

I wouldn't match anything to the colour in that photo.
There is no way the image is an accurate representation of what the jersey actually looks like.

Shaughno
07-15-2008, 10:03 AM
^^ Very true, shitty cell phone cams are no way to judge colours.

Besides, how many people didn't like our current jersey when they first released it. The majority from what I remember! I think it's a step up from the one we have now personally.

flatpicker
07-15-2008, 10:09 AM
^ YUP!

I think it's a big step up. No more squiggles, thank God!
I think when people see it the way it's meant to look (proper colour) then they will like it more.
But again I have to ask... where did this photo come from? Is that in an Adidas wherehouse or something?

MadMike
07-15-2008, 11:38 AM
That jersey is better than the one we have now. Not too sure about that Maple leaf though !!! I think it's pretty obvious we are a CDN team ? I bet that leaf will look even worse on the grey kit ! Not sure who said they are waiting to see if the crest is felt or stiched on , but I AGREE !!! if it's felt , I just wear the one I have now. Does anyone know why the crest is currently felt ?

Oblio2
07-15-2008, 11:49 AM
At least if we have a pink jersey, Landy-cakes won't feel so out of place up here. Christ, Id be worried.....our boys wearing pink jersies will have to keep eyes in the back of their heads for fear of getting a Landycakes reacharound!!!!

MadMike
07-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Lmao !!!!!!

Damien
07-15-2008, 12:06 PM
^ YUP!
But again I have to ask... where did this photo come from? Is that in an Adidas wherehouse or something?

It's ProImage if you look closer. :)

Cambridge_Red
07-15-2008, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't be upset with it. It's not ugly and the collars are good idea.

Weevil
07-15-2008, 12:28 PM
you know what they say about Pink --- "Pink Pink like a puppy dogs dink!"

mclaren
07-15-2008, 12:38 PM
This year's shirt is MUCH better than this new imposter! Looks like we're going back in time to the 90s with this monstrosity. Not that I have strong feelings about it or anything.

For the record, I was quite partial to the "squiggles".

flatpicker
07-15-2008, 01:04 PM
It's ProImage if you look closer. :)

what is this "ProImage" you speak of?
Is that a store?
Are these things being sold?

RealG-TFC
07-15-2008, 01:22 PM
I like the new jersey. hey whatever happened to that white one that Julius James was wearing?

Phil
07-15-2008, 01:47 PM
I like the new jersey. hey whatever happened to that white one that Julius James was wearing?

Those are the Tuesday afternoon practice jerseys. :cool:

Damien
07-15-2008, 02:02 PM
what is this "ProImage" you speak of?
Is that a store?
Are these things being sold?

yep... Pro Image.. at most malls. Highly doubt they're being sold yet... how would they sell old models with new ones in stock?

Phil
07-15-2008, 02:28 PM
If I were a betting man, I would guess November for these new jerseys at the earliest.

I hope I am wrong on that.

ThunderTundra
07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
If this image was taken in a store, and there hasn't been anything officially released yet, then I'm going to wait until it's official before I say anything. For all we know the jersey in the pic could be a fake.

I'll hold off on criticism until next year

Damien
07-15-2008, 03:06 PM
For all we know the jersey in the pic could be a fake.

I'll hold off on criticism until next year

Or it could be the warm-up jersey, who knows.

TO DEVILS
07-15-2008, 03:08 PM
If I were a betting man, I would guess November for these new jerseys at the earliest.

I hope I am wrong on that.

Good guess....;)

MarkEightThree
07-15-2008, 05:04 PM
yeah that definitely looks like Pro Image in the Bramalea City Centre.

Keegan
07-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Man that new kit is awesome!

very sharp looking, no dumb adidas cookie cutter style. Collar nice, embedded maple leaf is original, love the crested logo

Jack
07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Erm...actually, I can. I know what Adidas jerseys with embroidered crests look like - I have 2 Liverpool ones. THAT TFC one in the pic is not embroidered. It is felt, same as this year.
The crest is sewn on, not felt.

Check this season's practice jersies. That's what they look like.

Keystone FC
07-17-2008, 01:59 AM

YES!:hump::pbjtime::party::stogey::thumbsup::cheer s:

Daveisonfire
07-17-2008, 06:14 AM
http://www.kickabola.com/showthread.php?t=13549 :drool5:

Northern Soul
07-17-2008, 09:51 AM

I hope you're right, because it looks felt to me. Have you seen them in person? If so, awesome!

Jack
07-17-2008, 10:16 AM
I hope you're right, because it looks felt to me. Have you seen them in person? If so, awesome!
Yeah, I have been told by a very knowledgable little bird.:D

The crests are the same as the ones on the warmup/practice jerseys from this year, which are sewn on.

ExiledRed
07-17-2008, 10:17 AM

Wierdly, I'm hearing that the replicas have embroidered crests but the official ones (as in the picture) will still be felt. That comes from the guy who took the picture.

Damien
07-17-2008, 04:14 PM
The new jerseys should be available in Dec 2008 according to when the sounders plan to release theirs...

http://proshop.seahawks.com/products.asp?ID=82&ProdID=4164

Danbwoy
07-17-2008, 10:38 PM
are we sure that this isn't just a prototype or something like that?

I totally won't buy it, but I only have a grey long sleeve so hopefully I can get one of the current red jerseys for cheaper if those monstrosities hit the shelves. I hate maple leaves on things. Why do I have to be a nationalist to be a soccer fan?

tfctillidie
07-18-2008, 12:39 AM
The new jerseys should be available in Dec 2008 according to when the sounders plan to release theirs...

http://proshop.seahawks.com/products.asp?ID=82&ProdID=4164

something like this...

http://i33.tinypic.com/2v3sdae.jpg

Pryu
07-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Who's the gay designer that came up with that ratty jersey. And what's with the maple leaf. It's a shame,...simple is better. Look how messy and distracting the kit looks. Do you remember the car that Homer designed,...more is not always betterhttp://blogs.business2.com/photos/uncategorized/homer_dreamcar.gif

pepher
07-28-2008, 05:22 PM
anyone know where to get that white golfshirt that Carver wears?

NF-FC
07-28-2008, 05:31 PM
these are some sweet mockups from the NEE board
http://i34.tinypic.com/2gw9nqb.png

colman1860
07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Apart from the grey Liverpool, I dont know how any of those can be called sweet.

Bars92
07-28-2008, 05:42 PM
I saw some plain practice-type shirts in Footlocker in Burlington today that looked way better than the proposed one.

Bobo
07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
This it?

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8375/akh654ul3.jpg

greatwhitenorf
07-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Jaiziz! Is that a shade of darkest Blizzard blue in the shoulder trim?

Usual adidas designer dogs dinner. Oh well, not wanting to buy it just means more money for mini-mickeys to smuggle into BMO Field next year.

Kickit09
07-29-2008, 01:53 PM
i hope thats not it.

ua-kozak_TFC
07-29-2008, 02:00 PM
i hope thats not it.
me too!!! It;s very plain and ugly....

a.ungaro
07-29-2008, 02:00 PM
all day i dream af shit jerseys..nike jerseys are the hotness

bangersandmash
07-29-2008, 02:03 PM
I hate to be the nerd in the room (ok, maybe not so much), but the font on the BMO logo is wrong. I hereby call this a fake. (or, at worst, an early prototype that is only available for sale at Pacific Mall)

RealG-TFC
07-29-2008, 02:14 PM
how is the BMO logo wrong?

ginkster88
07-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I hate to be the nerd in the room (ok, maybe not so much), but the font on the BMO logo is wrong. I hereby call this a fake. (or, at worst, an early prototype that is only available for sale at Pacific Mall)

I thought this at first too... the serif seems more rounded than it should be... I'm chalking it up to picture quality though.

Krazy_kid
07-29-2008, 02:27 PM
you can read the comments in this thread of the 09 jersey - apparently from an adidas source that is the jersey

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3164

111_DrummerBoy
07-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Ya looks like there is a maple leafe behind the BMO. The new kit was supposed to be 'destintively' Canadian.

I don't think it looks all that bad. I like the collar too. Very Liverpoolish.

Damien
07-29-2008, 02:41 PM
It's not fake, i can tell u that.

Cadaren
07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
That jersey is shite, I'm sorry but it is.

bangersandmash
07-29-2008, 03:38 PM
especially if the collar comes "pre-popped," as it is in the photo. Sure, it'll look good when you're rollin' down hwy 7 in daddy's mercedes, but I've heard from reliable sources that dickov doesn't do popped. ;)

James Oliphant
07-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Yes, that is next year's jersey. Confirmed as such a month ago.

ua-kozak_TFC
07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes, that is next year's jersey. Confirmed as such a month ago.
confirmed by who... it looks fake... i don;t think t6hey would release it so early in the season...didn;t they say that it will be released in december??

king10
07-29-2008, 04:02 PM
i dont think its fake.. and if it does almost all of last years jerseys which were thought to be fake turned out to be the real deal... it even shows the name of the adidas kit on the bottom right of the shirt

GhostPK
07-29-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm in this camp... Let's sort out the really lame elements associated with the league and then worry about the small potatoes. But it does get tiresome to see the maple leaf represented everywhere... The Canadian National Team logo is rudimentary and pre-school in nature. Many national teams use their countries heraldry, why would we not utilise this representation for Canada. That would show some real pride...

Yeah, we could have a beaver chewing on a tree or something.... Canada is lame when it comes to heraldry, thats why we stay with a simple leaf. I say leave the TFC kit designs to the fans. Have an open contest through Adidas, and have top ## be voted for by the fans. Now we're talking Canadian eh?!

shaggingscot
07-29-2008, 08:54 PM
confirmed by who... it looks fake... i don;t think t6hey would release it so early in the season...didn;t they say that it will be released in december??

It hasn't been released yet, an Adidas rep was at a store showing it to the store manager and someone snapped a photo with their cell phone. This is next year's home kit.

NateDoGG
07-29-2008, 08:59 PM
it looks like that jersey is in a toronto store

where is this pic from? who got it?

mclaren
07-29-2008, 09:46 PM
hasn't this been posted before or am i suffeing fro deja vu?

Cambridge_Red
07-29-2008, 09:51 PM
The logo looks like felt tell me it's not felt and my eyes fail me!

loconet
07-29-2008, 09:55 PM
it looks like that jersey is in a toronto store

where is this pic from? who got it?

Apparently it's Pro Image at Bramalea

http://www.bramaleacitycentre.ca/stores.asp?storeName=Pro_Image&store=258

It was a sneak peek presented by Adidas reps at several stores around GTA.

RealG-TFC
07-29-2008, 10:10 PM
I don't know about you but our coat of arms is pretty sick!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4f/Coat_of_arms_of_Canada.svg/447px-Coat_of_arms_of_Canada.svg.png

We could use the shield in the middle.

Bars92
07-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Might look good on a hockey jersey. We already have a logo, I think its fine.

the_sarge_115
07-29-2008, 10:23 PM
You can see the right shoulder of the grey kit hanging behind it.

GhostPK
07-29-2008, 11:14 PM
the TFC shield is awsome, and it fits the shape of my face for face painting. All is good.

Psycho-Kid
07-29-2008, 11:22 PM
the TFC shield is awsome, and it fits the shape of my face for face painting. All is good.

i think it would be fucking awesome if we put it on the Jersey

Psycho-Kid
07-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Apart from the grey Liverpool, I dont know how any of those can be called sweet.

the red Hilton one looks pretty sick

jloome
07-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Makes us look like Bayern Toronto.

Shaughno
07-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Makes us look like Bayern Toronto.

Maybe we'll start playing like Bayern.. :lol: One can only hope

jloome
07-30-2008, 12:10 AM
You never know, maybe this "leak" was designed to get some opinions before they make a final decision. I doubt TFC would change up without extensive public opinion surveying first, both via traditional polling firms and through monitoring public discourse.

Sonny Cheeba
07-30-2008, 12:52 AM
all day i dream af shit jerseys..nike jerseys are the hotness

yeah it will be nice to see what happens when the adidas contract is up for MLS in 2014.... maybe we'll see more variety.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Ya looks like there is a maple leafe behind the BMO. The new kit was supposed to be 'destintively' Canadian.

I don't think it looks all that bad. I like the collar too. Very Liverpoolish.
More like 1999 Man Utd.;)

As for what everyone's saying about adidas, I prefer their shirts, Nike's are flashy and tacky as all hell. I rather like the new TFC kit, nice and simple, the way football shirts should be.

greatwhitenorf
07-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Simple?

Pop over to guardian.co.uk and have a goggle at their tribute to George Best. Whether he's wearing the ManU or Nor'n Ireland shirts of the late 60s, he's draped in simplicity itself.

This thing up above looks like a road map being read in a convertible.

Fort York Redcoat
07-30-2008, 06:47 AM
Yeah simple with a collar...

Canadian Blue
07-30-2008, 06:57 AM
Looks like a cheap knock off to me

Flipityflu
07-30-2008, 07:03 AM
i'd keep in mind that it was taken with a shitty cellphone camera

Phil
07-30-2008, 09:07 AM
merged

Nodoubtguy
07-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Did anyone see the pink TFC jerseys?? Saw one at either the ASG or MTL game, can't remember which....

sulfur
07-30-2008, 09:12 AM
no... what did they look like? i'm curious.

Nodoubtguy
07-30-2008, 09:19 AM
ummmm....they look like the red kits (this years), but pink....trying to find a pic.

sulfur
07-30-2008, 09:31 AM
so... not one that was just accidentally bleached? ;)

Nodoubtguy
07-30-2008, 09:36 AM
so... not one that was just accidentally bleached? ;)

hahahaha, no.....they had a bunch selling at the merch stands

TFCAlbertaGirl
07-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Stupid pink stuff, when I'm looking for TFC gear you really think I'm gonna buy pink???

MFBODD
07-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Did anyone see the pink TFC jerseys?? Saw one at either the ASG or MTL game, can't remember which....

Okay, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I even pointed it out to a friend and we thought that maybe there was a new white shirt that had the red kit behind it so it appeared pink...I saw one hanging up at the booth in the north east corner after the ASG. I'm sure it will be there again on Sunday and I'll try to remember to take a pic.

Krazy_kid
07-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Ya there is a pink WOMEN'S jersey available - saw it as the same stand (north east corner)

Leafs 92/93
07-30-2008, 02:54 PM

ugh, why?

Bobo
07-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah, we could have a beaver chewing on a tree or something.... Canada is lame when it comes to heraldry, thats why we stay with a simple leaf. I say leave the TFC kit designs to the fans. Have an open contest through Adidas, and have top ## be voted for by the fans. Now we're talking Canadian eh?!

The Avro Arrow wouldn't look too bad.

GhostPK
07-30-2008, 06:08 PM
no... what did they look like? i'm curious.

They are pink :P

ag futbol
07-30-2008, 07:06 PM
All I have to say is the day where Adidas contract ends with the league (along with that minor league joke that does the numbering) will be great. The only positive thing i have to say about that jersey is that it's simi original.

Normally the front office has been pretty good about listening to the public, but what the hell happened here? This jersey is a complete disaster.

ua-kozak_TFC
07-30-2008, 10:23 PM
It hasn't been released yet, an Adidas rep was at a store showing it to the store manager and someone snapped a photo with their cell phone. This is next year's home kit.

... that is the first time i hear about something like that, that an addidas rep would personally come to a storre and show a jersey that is supouse to be released a month ahead... why would they show it anyways?? what difference would it make if the manager saw the jersey?? he would get the jersey whether it was the ugliest soccer jersey ever because some people would still buy it...
I think someone is playing a trick on us... that;s what i feel

shaggingscot
07-31-2008, 11:08 AM
... that is the first time i hear about something like that, that an addidas rep would personally come to a storre and show a jersey that is supouse to be released a month ahead... why would they show it anyways?? what difference would it make if the manager saw the jersey?? he would get the jersey whether it was the ugliest soccer jersey ever because some people would still buy it...
I think someone is playing a trick on us... that;s what i feel

No trick it's the kit, as far as why the sales rep was there, who knows maybe he has a good relationship with that particular store / manager. Adidas also brings their clients to the head office to see the gear in their mock up stores as well.

fetajr
07-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Support TFC, not MLSE. Don't buy a jersey.

RealG-TFC
07-31-2008, 12:56 PM
^^ Who brought TFC into existence?

nascarguy
08-01-2008, 05:08 AM
this is the season's practice shirt

This it?

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8375/akh654ul3.jpg

Keystone FC
08-01-2008, 05:19 AM

But with a collar?:confused:

sulfur
08-01-2008, 09:06 AM
And different colour designs.

RealG-TFC
08-01-2008, 09:29 AM

no it's not

nascarguy
08-01-2008, 09:31 AM
But with a collar?:confused:

i have the practice shirt and no it does not have a collar

Inswingingwingman
08-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Pink Big Girl's Blouse.

Ya gotta be English to get it eh?

jwfm1985
08-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Support TFC, not MLSE. Don't buy a jersey.

MLSE = TFC, be gratefull

fetajr
08-01-2008, 09:42 AM
^^ Who brought TFC into existence?

MLSE brought them, but does that mean we'll buy into their shit forever and become maple leafs fans part 2?

RealG-TFC
08-01-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm just saying, you don't have to hate them either.

fetajr
08-01-2008, 09:51 AM
i love TFC and i love the leafs ... but i fucking hate MLSE and i pray to god that one day a Canadian sports loving multi-billionaire falls out of the sky and buys MLSE and its sports franchises from the teachers.

Drew
08-01-2008, 11:42 AM
I'd love to see a white TFC Kit. Would look fantastic IMO.

GabrielHurl
08-01-2008, 11:47 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/m7yfmb.png

Fort York Redcoat
08-01-2008, 11:52 AM
I think I'll wait till they change the letter font. Still not loving it.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-01-2008, 01:56 PM
No offence, but each and every one of those looks terrible...

And I've just seen on the TFC site, the pink one is a ladies shirt, and it's for sale on the site. Not going to be worn by the players.

MFBODD
08-05-2008, 01:33 PM
If you're wondering what the pink jersey looks like (shit pic, but it does the job):

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5025/pink1ok6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Yeoman
08-05-2008, 03:47 PM
bleh I seen a few in the stands on the weekend
horrendous
that picture actually makes them look brighter then what they are
but someone must invest in a jersey for me while I'm away. unless they are true shite

Nomad
08-05-2008, 07:00 PM
The Puma version looks mint!

SilverSamurai
08-05-2008, 07:42 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/m7yfmb.png
I'm liking the Unicef version in grey.:hump: