PDA

View Full Version : Who would like us to win the next game?

trane
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
I just want to see if we can get agreement on anything, or at least close to agreement.

narduch
05-01-2012, 05:13 PM
LOL.

One of the options should have been "I would rather lose playing beautiful than win ugly".

ExiledRed
05-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I feel entitled to the VC and the CL spot.

Impact and Whitecaps want this competition badly.

I hope Winter and the lads want to keep it just as much. I dont care if the board takes a victory as complete vindication for backing Winter and rides me for the rest of the week, I just want that spot!

Greatest Ripoff
05-01-2012, 06:43 PM

I hope Winter and the lads want to keep it just as much. I dont care if the board takes a victory as complete vindication for backing Winter and rides me for the rest of the week, I just want that spot!

That's the spirit! And I hope no one gives you shit if Toronto wins.

I know this might rub some people the wrong way, but how great would it be is a winless in MLS Toronto can beat Vancouver in the final?

trane
05-01-2012, 06:53 PM
LOL.

One of the options should have been "I would rather lose playing beautiful than win ugly".

That is exactly what I was going to do.

Code Red
05-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Dropping two consecutive games against Montreal would be.... a pity.

Dv23
05-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I feel like, yes, I would like for us to win this game.

Parkdale
05-01-2012, 07:30 PM
wait.... this is a game?

jloome
05-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Anyone who answers no to this isn't a fan. How does anyone wish a loss on their own team?

QSIM
05-01-2012, 08:03 PM
If we lose, we need a two stick at the DC game... plain black and white "Pity"

Roogsy
05-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Anyone who answers no to this isn't a fan. How does anyone wish a loss on their own team?

I should answer no as a response to the 5s in the Winter rating thread.

ExiledRed
05-01-2012, 08:57 PM

It really is a toughie.

I want us to win, the thought of surrendering that CL spot and losing the chance to have more of those magical CL nights does concern the hell out of me.

On the other side of that coin, I do fear it would extend the clown's tenure and slow the process of installing a better coach before its too late to salvage the next season.

justin
05-01-2012, 09:02 PM
going by the thread title, yes, i would like us to win.

going by the poll title, i went with maybe...this team is better than its record but that record is still there, so it's hard to say if we SHOULD win this one or not IMO.

Yagbod
05-01-2012, 09:41 PM
So apparently polls don't work on the mobile version.

For the record I am leaning towards "yes". A win would be nice for a change. I'll think about some more though and vote tomorrow at work.

TFCRegina
05-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I protest this poll. I can't troll on you with my vote without being called out.

I refuse to vote.

Until I realized you can pick all four options.

WINNING

boozilla
05-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Until I realized you can pick all four options.

This made me smile...
until I opened my laptop and it was frozen to the screen when I last closed it in disgust. ...RSL players celebrating in the 93rd minute.

tfcleeds
05-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I want us to win this game. But doing well in this tournament shouldn't obfuscate the real problems that still exist with this team. Winter should still be measured on his pronouncement that "We will make the playoffs". If it becomes clear that we won't meet that objective in the next couple of league matches, he should get the axe.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-02-2012, 12:07 AM
as long as we have fun...

Cashcleaner
05-02-2012, 12:08 AM
It really is a toughie.

I want us to win, the thought of surrendering that CL spot and losing the chance to have more of those magical CL nights does concern the hell out of me.

On the other side of that coin, I do fear it would extend the clown's tenure and slow the process of installing a better coach before its too late to salvage the next season.

I know what you mean.

Of course, I really REALLY want to win on Wednesday. Mostly because it will help ease the pain of losing to the Impact earlier this season. I always want to beat Montreal - that's just the way it has to be with me. That said, if we scrap together a uninspired 0-1 win against them, I don't want people to constantly prop it up as an excuse to give Winter more cover from valid criticism.

I don't know if I'm getting the message across well enough, but I absolutely hate the Montreal Impact. I really do. I hate that shitty team with their shitty colours and their shitty stadium and their shitty fans. The only thing the Impact is good for is picking up points or trophies from. The Impact - with the exception of Greg Sutton - can go collectively fuck themselves.

So yeah, I want to win.

razor787
05-02-2012, 01:55 AM
What kind of question is this? The boys need to win. Doesn't matter what the competition is, the more wins we stack up, the better. And at this point, the MLS Playoffs are becoming less and less likely. We might as well get wins in the Canadian Championship. Hell, a win against MTL will even help us in the MLS. The lads need a win. Doesn't matter where it comes from. Winning in MTL will do wonders for their confidence.

Red CB Toronto
05-02-2012, 03:34 AM
I want the win big time as I will be in the stadium cheering on the Reds, it will make this trek east all worth it, great times ahead as I depart for MTL in 2 hours.

Brooker
05-02-2012, 04:02 AM
MLS Season is done. I don't care what happens with that. Let's get into the CCL.

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2012, 05:51 AM
I voted... maybe?

- Scott

bigredone
05-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Victory forever (from now on).....pls. A win tomorrow will ease the pain, and a Canadian title would alleviate some of the shame.

How hard would the P.R. be after getting dragged through the mud in Montreal? We hit a high in the 2011/2012 tourney and what is left, nothing. Casual fans are gone and semi-casual fans are teeteringe. It is time to dig-in.

Jack
05-02-2012, 07:28 AM
"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game"

:rofl:

Roogsy
05-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Funny how the replies say that everyone should be voting for yes.

And yet when you go through the various threads defending Winter, the answer is actually "Winning is the not the point"...because of course, we're building a "system".

bigredone
05-02-2012, 07:44 AM
A decisive victory for for an indecisive bunch to help our indecision.

__wowza
05-02-2012, 07:54 AM
LOL.

have some rep good sir!

mighty big of you (not being sarcastic) on that last line, i think the previous years winning it have actually gave us that sense of entitlement you described. losing in the league wouldnt feel as bad as losing the VC, and really, it is ours to lose. with vancouver trying to step it up and our current run of well.. losing.. this years tournament somewhat worries me.

And yet when you go through the various threads defending Winter, the answer is actually "Winning is the not the point"...because of course, we're building a "system".

going to my previous point. the difference is, we've never been overly successful in the league. the VC we've won before, and one of the sources of pride for the last little bit is being able to say that we're the best team in canada. i think instead of looking at the two and thinking "LOL hypocrisy!", you should try and see it as "we are trying to build something, but we're hoping that something snaps into place and we can pick up another piece of silverware". i know that's my point of view at the moment, anyone else care to justify/refute this if they've noticed the same?

Technorgasm
05-02-2012, 08:04 AM
we need powersauce.
to unleash teh power of apples. .

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5fiC8OWSexw/Sf8jPA6Ja4I/AAAAAAAAAWs/AVnJ1bWfTxE/s400/powersauce.jpg

Roogsy
05-02-2012, 08:08 AM
going to my previous point. the difference is, we've never been overly successful in the league. the VC we've won before, and one of the sources of pride for the last little bit is being able to say that we're the best team in canada. i think instead of looking at the two and thinking "LOL hypocrisy!", you should try and see it as "we are trying to build something, but we're hoping that something snaps into place and we can pick up another piece of silverware". i know that's my point of view at the moment, anyone else care to justify/refute this if they've noticed the same?

Your statement says it all though. The answer is not "Yes"...you plainly state that it's a secondary wish to the system you want to build and along the way you "hope" for a win or some silverware. That doesn't sound like a priority or setting high expectations. If that's your choice, so be it, that's your own personal preference. But don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining! :lol:

Jack
05-02-2012, 08:13 AM

I want both. I want us to have a winning system.

I've been rewatching the RSL game highlights and man, we have some good moments. Avila was a beast, the play in the attacking half against their team was a joy to watch. That is a positive thing about this team and this system. The missed assignment on the second RSL goal was gutting, the missed penalty, too. On balance, that was a game we from which should have taken at least a point, and deservedly so, for about 82 out of the 92 minutes played. But man, those other 10 minutes were a bitch...

Detroit_TFC
05-02-2012, 08:19 AM
I like pie.

Not a choice so this poll is obviously flawed.

Chris Wren
05-02-2012, 08:23 AM
The answer is yes to all games. Any other answer is wacky.

Roogsy
05-02-2012, 08:27 AM

What you want is what all fans of every team wants Jack. It boils down to simple competence and having the right man for the job, which we don't. A good coach will be able to win AND build a club. I don't get how people around here have so willingly accepted that these are mutuall exclusive and that we have to "crawl through a river of shit and come out clean on the other side".

neO5fnwQjqg

Dammit I am gonna go watch that movie again tonight. It's just so good!

Anyways, I didn't accept it last year and I sure as hell don't accept it in season 2 and a good 60 games into his tenure. A good coach would have us seeing results by now. RESULTS, not what some are asking us to accept that they "see improvements". At this rate of speed, those improvements will get us into the playoffs in year 10 of TFC's existence.

DangerRed
05-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Fine, I'll say it: unless you can assure me that winning today would do nothing to extend Winter's stay here, I would vote no.

I'm not like the most of you - CCL to me is a sideshow with embarrassing refereeing. And to get in, we have to topple goliaths like FC Edmonton and Real Esteli. The league is what matters, what I cheer for and what I watch each week when the boys play. Before the start of May, Winter has pretty much assured that we won't make the playoffs yet again, so we're playing for pride for the rest of the year - and, it seems, not a lot of it, either.

If winning against Montreal makes someone in the FO decide that Winter all of a sudden is a credible coach with great tactical acumen, and that he shouldn't be fired (or that his firing should not at the very least be seriously evaluated), then I hope we drop the game.

I feel the following point gets lost around here, so I want to quickly make it again: there is no other league where a league record of 0-7 to start the season would be allowed to stand, yet we're OK with it because, you know, we're building a really attractive system and "it's OK as long as I have a fun gameday experience."

To me, it's ALL about winning, winning is fun. Maybe I'm too competitive. Maybe it's why I'd tolerate a loss tonight...to stop more losing!

Jack
05-02-2012, 08:50 AM
What you want is what all fans of every team wants Jack. It boils down to simple competence and having the right man for the job, which we don't. A good coach will be able to win AND build a club. I don't get how people around here have so willingly accepted that these are mutuall exclusive and that we have to "crawl through a river of shit and come out clean on the other side".

I don't think it's fair to say "people around here". There are many differing opinions on this issue.

Roogsy
05-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Fine, I'll say it: unless you can assure me that winning today would do nothing to extend Winter's stay here, I would vote no.

I'm not like the most of you - CCL to me is a sideshow with embarrassing refereeing. And to get in, we have to topple goliaths like FC Edmonton and Real Esteli. The league is what matters, what I cheer for and what I watch each week when the boys play. Before the start of May, Winter has pretty much assured that we won't make the playoffs yet again, so we're playing for pride for the rest of the year - and, it seems, not a lot of it, either.

If winning against Montreal makes someone in the FO decide that Winter all of a sudden is a credible coach with great tactical acumen, and that he shouldn't be fired (or that his firing should not at the very least be seriously evaluated), then I hope we drop the game.

I feel the following point gets lost around here, so I want to quickly make it again: there is no other league where a league record of 0-7 to start the season would be allowed to stand, yet we're OK with it because, you know, we're building a really attractive system and "it's OK as long as I have a fun gameday experience."

To me, it's ALL about winning, winning is fun. Maybe I'm too competitive. Maybe it's why I'd tolerate a loss tonight...to stop more losing!

I feel you bro...and I have to admit I feel the same. I don't want this team to lose, but if winning extends the stay of this inept clown, I will have mixed feelings about beating Montreal because all it does is extend our misery overall.

Roogsy
05-02-2012, 08:53 AM
I don't think it's fair to say "people around here". There are many differing opinions on this issue.

*some* people then...

Beach_Red
05-02-2012, 09:04 AM

I've been rewatching the RSL game highlights and man, we have some good moments. Avila was a beast, the play in the attacking half against their team was a joy to watch. That is a positive thing about this team and this system. The missed assignment on the second RSL goal was gutting, the missed penalty, too. On balance, that was a game we from which should have taken at least a point, and deservedly so, for about 82 out of the 92 minutes played. But man, those other 10 minutes were a bitch...

It's true, in all 7 of our losses this year there have been periods of very good play. But we talk as though the opposition is neutral and would play exactly the same no matter the situation. We have never played with a lead ths year (well, once for a minute and a half, wasn't it?). No matter how good or bad a team we are one thing is certain - we're not as good as the other teams in this league.

I want us to have a system that wins.

Fort York Redcoat
05-02-2012, 09:05 AM
These tournaments were created for seasons like this. Sock it to 'em Toronto.

trane
05-02-2012, 09:13 AM
I feel you bro...and I have to admit I feel the same. I don't want this team to lose, but if winning extends the stay of this inept clown, I will have mixed feelings about beating Montreal because all it does is extend our misery overall.

To be honest that is how I figured some would feel. I am even more conflicted. Obviously I want TFC to win, and if Winter can turn it around, so be it, BUT if a win, just buys him another 10 games of ineptitued it would be a curse.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-02-2012, 09:16 AM
anyone saying anything other than yes is trololololing

DangerRed
05-02-2012, 09:22 AM
anyone saying anything other than yes is trololololing

No arguing with air-tight logic like that... :facepalm:

Ossington Mental Youth
05-02-2012, 09:37 AM
No arguing with air-tight logic like that... :facepalm:

so you dont want to win?
spare me the :facepalm:
why do you not want to win, youre a TFC fan no?

Ossington Mental Youth
05-02-2012, 09:44 AM
also im a bit shocked that youre taking a post that has the word "trololololing" so seriously

GlenM
05-02-2012, 09:52 AM
"You play to win the Game"

GlenM

Jack
05-02-2012, 09:53 AM
It's true, in all 7 of our losses this year there have been periods of very good play. But we talk as though the opposition is neutral and would play exactly the same no matter the situation. We have never played with a lead ths year (well, once for a minute and a half, wasn't it?). No matter how good or bad a team we are one thing is certain - we're not as good as the other teams in this league.

I want us to have a system that wins.
I agree. That's why you play 90 minutes, not 70 or 80 or 88.

Code Red
05-02-2012, 10:03 AM
as long as we have fun...

Isn't that the reason they play the games? g:D

jabbronies
05-02-2012, 10:05 AM
I just want to see if we can get agreement on anything, or at least close to agreement.

Should we win in Montreal? That's a pretty odd poll to put up don't you think?

Seems like some people are loosing the plot of why they are following TFC as close as they do. Why the fuck wouldn't you say "yes"? Anything other than that answer baffles me. Why would you not want them to win? To prove some point about why you think the manager should be sacked?

Such an odd discussion point...

Would love to hear the rationale for thinking this needed to have a poll and discussion?

I feel like the Pro Fire Winter crowd are starting to over do it with the types of threads being started just to get their points across.

trane
05-02-2012, 10:07 AM
"You play to win the Game"

GlenM

I thought we played to build a system and to be attractive.

trane
05-02-2012, 10:11 AM

Seems like some people are loosing the plot of why they are following TFC as close as they do. Why the fuck wouldn't you say "yes"? Anything other than that answer baffles me. Why would you not want them to win? To prove some point about why you think the manager should be sacked?

Would love to hear the rationale for thinking this needed to have a poll and discussion?

I feel like the Pro Fire Winter crowd are starting to over do it with the types of threads being started just to get their points across.

Rational for this poll? hahahahaah, seriously? Fucking around, that was the rational.

ryan
05-02-2012, 10:13 AM
I agree. That's why you play 93 minutes, not 70 or 80 or 88.

:(..

jabbronies
05-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Rational for this poll? hahahahaah, seriously? Fucking around, that was the rational.

I just find it to be an odd way to fuck around with your fellow TFC fans who are clearly divided with their thoughts on how the team is being run.
Feels more like stirring the pot IMO. Maybe not intentionally though.

ryan
05-02-2012, 10:17 AM

I would agree with this. I've mostly enjoyed the opposing view since I'm still on the stay the course train, but some things seem to be a bit much. Why do TFC fans insist on inter rivalries and riling each other up over difference in opinion. We're all on the same side, for the same cause...

I mean, even if you want Winter gone that badly, do you really want to give the fucking French some success?

Really?

Some want those black and blue poutine eating fucks to win? Just because yer that damn sure this experiment is finished, even though we're all just armchair managers at best?

That, without doubt, is a pity.

Fuck Montreal and the white flag they rode in on.

trane
05-02-2012, 10:18 AM
^ In the words of Borat "wawaweewa", I am not sure that it is the fire winter crowd that is steering the pot, the keep winter for ever crowd is somewhat sensitive.

[yes I know that you are not arguing that we shuold keep winter forever, all though, some arguments seems to suggest that if we kept him for 20 years, he would develop into SAF- again [joke]]

ryan
05-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I got no problem with people having a laugh with a thread, but not on a topic that's currently heated and has divided the group somewhat. Poor choice in comedy IMO, but if you want to call me sensitive for that, so be it.

Why anyone would want us to lose is beyond me. Even if you're 100% certain a change will make us never lose again, you really don't know what tomorrow holds, what changes will come and what they will do. Nobody does. So if you can't be certain your desires will change our fortunes, why would you even consider desiring a loss? And again, to fucking Montreal? lolz.

DangerRed
05-02-2012, 11:41 AM
so you dont want to win?
spare me the :facepalm:

See my previous post. Don't think I was being unclear.

also im a bit shocked that youre taking a post that has the word "trololololing" so seriously

Why shouldn't I? I said, after giving it much thought and still feeling conflicted about it, that I would tolerate a loss in Montreal if it doesn't extend Winter's tenure at TFC, and you told me I must be trolling (and, might I add, it also seems you didn't read what I first wrote). I found that annoying and frustrating, to be honest. But who cares, I'm like the crazy old man yelling at the cloud around here sometimes. Where I see risk and clear evidence of failure, everyone else sees fucking sunshine and lollipops.

billyfly
05-02-2012, 12:03 PM

Ask Vic. He'll tell you "most people". He loves using "most people".

trane
05-02-2012, 12:09 PM
I like ussing "kool aid drinkers" but I think that if has been forbiden.

"keep Winter for ever and ever crowd" is probably also problematic.

I did like the " activist supporters" v the "cheerleaders" as the two group identifiers that Roogsy has come up with.

billyfly
05-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I like to use "cafeteria Torontonians".

Guys who only support certain Toronto teams but not others.

Wooster_TFC
05-02-2012, 12:22 PM

I did like the " activist supporters" v the "cheerleaders" as the two group identifiers that Roogsy has come up with.

The problem with that last line is that there is an entire group that is left out in that definition. There are a bunch of folks (myself included) who aren't immediately convinced that firing Winter would suddenly have the immediate effect that the "activist supporters" appear to believe. Yes, there have been coaches who have come in and had solid short term results in MLS. That said, there are also just as many coaches who have come in and flopped. There are a few coaches that have come in, done poorly over 2-3 seasons, then, once their system and players are in place, have had some extended success.

I've seen improvement over time last year, and still see improvement in play this year. It hasn't resulted in wins, which is sad, but I'm not convinced there's someone out there that could instantly do a better job than Winter. That said, I'm willing to hang him on his "we will make the playoffs". If TFC doesn't, then he should be cut.

Another consideration here for the "activist supporters": If Winter gets cut, DeKlerk, and possibly Rongen will walk. How is that going to impact the team?

ManUtd4ever
05-02-2012, 01:00 PM
I always want TFC to win, in any competition. Based solely on the law of averages, even a poorly managed squad with talented individual players on the roster can earn a positive result on any given night.

However, I agree that a positive result tonight should not obfuscate the systemic flaws that have plagued the club this season.

Roogsy
05-02-2012, 01:04 PM
so you dont want to win?

This is an inconsistent statement OMY. If this were the case, why aren't more people up in arms about our losing record and calling for Winter's head? Ah...because we're building a system.

By the same token, if winning isn't as important as building a system, then those on this side of the Winter argument cannot be accused of not being fans if we believe losing would lead Winter to being fired and thus help the team become better, sooner...because we obviously believe Winter is a detriment to this team, not a help.

trane
05-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Does a "cafeteria torontonian" support a team from another city (in the same league), just because they are better.

Canary10
05-02-2012, 01:08 PM
If you want TFC to lose tonight, you're not a supporter. I don't care what side of the Winter debate you fall on (or are somewhere in the middle). Can't believe we have this question on a supporters site.

trane
05-02-2012, 01:09 PM
This is an inconsistent statement OMY. If this were the case, why aren't more people up in arms about our losing record and calling for Winter's head? Ah...because we're building a system.

By the same token, if winning isn't as important as building a system, then those on this side of the Winter argument cannot be accused of not being fans if we believe losing would lead Winter to being fired and thus help the team become better, sooner...because we obviously believe Winter is a detriment to this team, not a help.

OK maybe subconsiously on some level this is why I started the poll, but seriously it was mostly a joke. But this is true.

Roogsy
05-02-2012, 01:16 PM
If you want TFC to lose tonight, you're not a supporter. I don't care what side of the Winter debate you fall on (or are somewhere in the middle). Can't believe we have this question on a supporters site.

Logically then you are not a supporter if you accept an 0-7 record.

Canary10
05-02-2012, 01:27 PM

I agree.

Canary10
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
That doesn't lead to the manager has to go tomorrow though, if that's where you're heading with this line of questioning.

By the same token, I think you can believe Winter should be fired and still want them to win tonight and cheer if they do.

billyfly
05-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Does a "cafeteria torontonian" support a team from another city (in the same league), just because they are better.

They do. They sit all around us at BMO.

billyfly
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM

If... she.. weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood.

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 04:41 PM
That doesn't lead to the manager has to go tomorrow though, if that's where you're heading with this line of questioning.

By the same token, I think you can believe Winter should be fired and still want them to win tonight and cheer if they do.

Absolutely, and through all of this I'm behind 'the lads' and I dont want a single one of them to be cursed with the worst record in MLS history, or leave this club feeling like the fans werent behind them.

In all honesty, I dont think enough 'supporters' here actually support the boys on the field, because they seem happy to throw them under the bus to defend the clown.

Chris Wren
05-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Any answer other than "Yes, I want the team I support to win" is over analysis. There shouldn't be too much thought involved. Just for a second forget about the amateur management and be a fan of the game again. GO TFC!

Lumpy
05-02-2012, 06:00 PM
I guess I am lucky as a new fan because I don't carry the emotional baggage of watching my team lose year after year. Because of this I would never want TFC to lose. Matter of fact I thought the poll was stupid and self-serving so I didn't vote. Go TFC.

james
05-02-2012, 10:06 PM
well i say if we going to lose we can't just half ass it, we got to seriously lose some more games really bad, i mean set some serious records that will stand for a life time, and maybe then one day you can tell your grand children you were that one god awful season!

Code Red
05-02-2012, 10:14 PM
well i say if we going to lose we can't just half ass it, we got to seriously lose some more games really bad, i mean set some serious records that will stand for a life time, and maybe then one day you can tell your grand children you were that one god awful season!

Oh I think an 0-8 start to the season should take care of that. No other team is MLS history has started the season at 0-8 so there may be a historic record on the way....... just for the wrong reasons.

Lumpy
05-03-2012, 05:31 PM
I see that ExiledRed,boozilla, prizby, ryan, TFCRegina somehow managed to vote for for all 3 of the negative categories. The results show these guys checked off no, maybe and winning is not the point . All three of these rather negative votes showed up in the results. In other words there are 15 votes/results for 5 guys. Must have been a mistake. Sometimes when I get really frustrated I push the wrong buttons. Next time remember to calm down and only vote once.

ryan
05-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Or make the poll single choice?

Or make a poll that isn't just to fuck around? Or I'll vote in a similar fashion.

trane
05-03-2012, 05:59 PM
We have not won in 10 games. So I guess winning is not the point.

ExiledRed
05-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I see that ExiledRed,boozilla, prizby, ryan, TFCRegina somehow managed to vote for for all 3 of the negative categories. The results show these guys checked off no, maybe and winning is not the point . All three of these rather negative votes showed up in the results. In other words there are 15 votes/results for 5 guys. Must have been a mistake. Sometimes when I get really frustrated I push the wrong buttons. Next time remember to calm down and only vote once.

i actually voted for all 4.

Its called spoiling a vote, because you think the choices are to narrow and selecting one will obfuscate your actual opinion.

This used to happen in elections all the time, people scribbled on the ballot paper and it counted as a spoiled vote.

boozilla
05-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Next time remember to calm down and only vote once.
Excellent suggestion, Sherlock. Outstanding, in fact.

Fort York Redcoat
05-03-2012, 06:30 PM

This easy divisive tool to simplify and put everyone in two different and demeaning categories is unnecessary and doesn't help change anyone's minds and puts emotion before sense which I know everyone wants to convey.

Lumpy
05-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Excellent suggestion, Sherlock. Outstanding, in fact.

No problem Watson.

Roogsy
05-04-2012, 08:32 AM
It dawned on me today that a) we didn't win and b) this poll has 84% of participants saying we should have won that game.

Since we didn't win, what is the opinion of those 84%?

jabbronies
05-04-2012, 08:38 AM

That's how things work when people have an agenda they are trying to push. In this case it's to try and prove that more people are feeling negative about TFC than those feeling positive.

trane
05-04-2012, 09:10 AM
^ There is not agenda, there is only people saying what they think. Again this web was started in the spirit of fucking around, hence the multiple votes. I allowed multiple votes on purpose.

ryan
05-04-2012, 10:19 AM
It dawned on me today that a) we didn't win and b) this poll has 84% of participants saying we should have won that game.

Since we didn't win, what is the opinion of those 84%?

Eh?

It was voted, pre-game, that we should attempt to win the game, not to lose so Winter gets fired.

As opposed to how you're putting it, post-game, that we should have won based on what happened in the game.

Entirely different no?

Roogsy
05-04-2012, 11:10 AM
That's not what I am saying.

The way I read the poll it's that people felt TFC should win that game. Not should have won based on what happened in the game, but that they were going in with expectations of a win. They didn't. So either they were disappointed in the result that was expected, or didn't feel TFC needed to win the game.

At least that is the way I read the poll. Maybe others read it differently. It was awkwardly worded, sorry Trane. :lol:

trane
05-04-2012, 11:24 AM
^ I know. Again I did it on a lark. Did not expect it to get so serious.