PDA

View Full Version : (VC) Pregame/In game/Post Game: TFC 0 - Montreal 0

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
04-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Well, I'd be happy with a 1-1 draw against a Mtl team that looks better than TFC at least defensively, playing on that bumpy carpet. Mtl looked decent beating Portland 2-0. Jesse Marsch has got Mtl a fighting spirit, and they will get better.

tfcleeds
04-29-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm almost tempted to say, "Who cares"? But I think it is obvious if we don't get the result, it may well be Winter's last game in charge.

Island Man
04-29-2012, 10:01 AM
We're going to win 3-0, I have this feeling.

ryan
04-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Champions League is back...and a road game to boot. Surely we win 9-0 and look like world beaters.

bigredone
04-29-2012, 11:46 AM
GO FOR BROKE!!!

I have so much pent up TFC passion that it is giving me a hernia.

Sid
04-29-2012, 12:01 PM
is there a march from the bars? on may 9th?

Auzzy
04-29-2012, 12:04 PM
I think the guys will be extremely tired, physically & emotionally, after trying hard at altitude against RSL.

Not an excuse, just the reality. This schedule has been known for a while, it's up to the team to prepare & adapt. Hopefully we'll see some inspired roster decisions & substitutions in order to help the guys cope, and in order to counter & exploit Montreal's strengths & weaknesses. Not holding my breath though.

Red CB Toronto
04-29-2012, 01:55 PM
I am disappointed at how few are making the trip to the Big 0 for the game. As of mid week the Impact FO said only 20 away tickets had been sold. Voyageur Cup games in MTL have always got a decent crowd making the trip. I know I am looking forward to the game and enjoying a day in MTL.

Yohan
04-29-2012, 02:07 PM
I am disappointed at how few are making the trip to the Big 0 for the game. As of mid week the Impact FO said only 20 away tickets had been sold. Voyageur Cup games in MTL have always got a decent crowd making the trip. I know I am looking forward to the game and enjoying a day in MTL.
why are you disappointed? mid week game, TFC already played in Mtl a few weeks ago, plus rather shitty form that the team is on right now. can't blame people for not making the trip

Greatest Ripoff
04-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Can't wait for this. I love the Voyageurs cup and a positive results would great. And if not, I just really hope Vancouver doesn't win the cup.

Red CB Toronto
04-29-2012, 02:41 PM
why are you disappointed? mid week game, TFC already played in Mtl a few weeks ago, plus rather shitty form that the team is on right now. can't blame people for not making the trip

More the better I guess is all I am saying, I would never call out anyone for how they choose to support the Reds. I get what you are saying, plus with one more trip to MTL just before the July 1st holiday being outside at the newly renovated Saputo Stadium that more than likely will be more attractive to most. Regardless I hope for a victory, would be ok with a tie, everyone if you are at the Stadium, at Joe's or on your couch at home enjoy the night.

Yohan
04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
More the better I guess is all I am saying, I would never call out anyone for how they choose to support the Reds. I get what you are saying, plus with one more trip to MTL just before the July 1st holiday being outside at the newly renovated Saputo Stadium that more than likely will be more attractive to most. Regardless I hope for a victory, would be ok with a tie, everyone if you are at the Stadium, at Joe's or on your couch at home enjoy the night.
I'd never see another game at the Big O... I'll make the trip to Saputo sooner or later, but man. Big O sucks

Petor
04-29-2012, 03:33 PM
I'd never see another game at the Big O... I'll make the trip to Saputo sooner or later, but man. Big O sucks

Big O is what it is and TFC are playing so I'll be there.

Soccerpro
04-29-2012, 04:21 PM
I'd rather we lose to game to accelerate the changes needed in management. I don't want a couple NCC wins to give MLSE something to think about which delays any decision to move in a new direction.

ExiledRed
04-29-2012, 05:15 PM
This is Winter's last hope or his swan song.

simple as that.

nfitz
04-29-2012, 08:21 PM
I'd never see another game at the Big O... I'll make the trip to Saputo sooner or later, but man. Big O sucksBut it's such a wonderful historic venue! Doesn't it just bring back memories of watching the Expos and Manic? And of course the Olympics themselves?

Given we were in a 70,000 seater, the view we had for the April game was pretty decent, I thought.

Redpunkfiddle
04-29-2012, 08:25 PM
My only disappointment is that they seemed to have spruced up things a bit recently- bathroom fixtures, new paint on columns and stairs. I did find a waterfountain that smelled like the 1970s though.

Redcoe15
04-30-2012, 03:26 AM

It wouldn't suck so bad if they served more than Coors Light. :prrr:

I'm thinking more like this:

http://www.canadianmanufacturing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Molson-Dry-10.1.jpg

:drunk: g:D

Fort York Redcoat
04-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Well, I'd be happy with a 1-1 draw against a Mtl team that looks better than TFC at least defensively, playing on that bumpy carpet. Mtl looked decent beating Portland 2-0. Jesse Marsch has got Mtl a fighting spirit, and they will get better.

I'll second that. Also wish that I could make this game but will have to wait for the next one. Sick.

ryan
04-30-2012, 08:56 AM
All streaks must come to an end eventually, hopefully this is the beginning of the end of it. It's just bloody got to be. I really want to see Vancouver explode with anger yet again, I'll take solace in this season with another Canadian title to right piss them off.

Red CB Toronto
04-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Has anyone else decided to join us in Montreal , we need as many TFC supporters as possible, let's have a sea of Red. McLean's is already looking forward to having us on Wednesday for our pre-game fun.

Code Red
04-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Given the way the season's going, winning another Canadian title might be the only brightspot of the year.

Beating Montreal on Wednesday might also get the team going in league play. If we go down, I expect the losing to continue in league play as the players will be utterly dejected, more so than they are already. A tie would seem like a decent result but won't provide the same kind of confidence as a win. I think there is a lot riding on this game. Aron Winter's job may be on the line, although realistically speaking, I think his judgement day will be the second leg against Montreal. I think MLSE will take the wait and see approach and see if he can lead this team to another Canadian title. If he can't and we go down to DC United in between, I think they will pull the plug.

I really hope it doesn't come down to that as the revolving door is not generating any success for this club.

jloome
04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
I don't call absolutes on this stuff generally, so I'm not going to judge the coach's prospects until we see the game. TFC is a corporate team, however, which means their patience is as limited as their imagination when returns aren't coming in.

If we dominate them 10-4 in shots, 55-44 in possession... and still lose? At that point, maybe the only argument left is that Winter just doesn't have that intangible leadership and motivation quality. Given his command of English and the players sayng he doesn't talk much (DeGuzman interview earlier this season), that was a fair risk to begin with. If we're just good enough to compete in MLS, that's great, for a parity league... but we'll still be a losing team if we don't have a motivational edge.

OgtheDim
04-30-2012, 08:53 PM
I'd rather we lose to game to accelerate the changes needed in management....

:incazzato:

There's a certain phrase I would use in response to that sentiment but I just got on here a couple of weeks ago so I'll refrain.

Just this observation - If you said that on a forum for a team on any other continent, they'd have your hide and you'd basically be telling people you were no longer going to matches (otherwise you'd face physical retribution).
NO I'm not suggesting that approach......just observing what happens in other places.

But, of course, this is TFC and supporter means different things to different people.

Want change? Sure.

Hope we lose to get that? No way.

Red CB Toronto
04-30-2012, 09:03 PM
32.5 hours until my departure to Montreal, looking forward to it Big Time, Come on you Reds.

19Barrett19
05-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Starting 11 + subs

------------Roberts----------
eks----Henry----Cann----Aceval
-------------Frings------------
----------JDG-----------------
----------------Avila----------
Johnson----------------lambe
-------------koev-------------

Subs:
Soolsma
plata
kocic
dunfield
morgan
silva
Emroy
2-1 tfc

Super
05-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Get a draw, and preferably an away goal as well, and we'll finish them at home. That's the ideal approach to any cup game fixtures.

Toronto
05-01-2012, 01:46 PM
I'd like to see Edmonton win this. TBH. lol! Edmonton hosting a Mexican team in early March at Commonwealth would be a dream of mine..

Greatest Ripoff
05-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Any updates on the fitness of the koevermans or soolsma?

Red CB Toronto
05-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Any updates on the fitness of the koevermans or soolsma?

Both I believe will not be available tomorrow night.

nickio
05-01-2012, 03:04 PM
I have a good feeling about this game. I think we'll see a breakthrough on both fronts- offensively and defensively.

Beach_Red
05-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I have a good feeling about this game. I think we'll see a breakthrough on both fronts- offensively and defensively.

I agree. 2-0 or even 3-0 TFC.

Canary10
05-01-2012, 03:51 PM

Really? I have a really bad sinking feeling about it. Hope you're right!

Beach_Red
05-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Really? I have a really bad sinking feeling about it. Hope you're right!

Yeah, but that's usually when good things happen with this team - when you least expect it ;).

nickio
05-01-2012, 04:04 PM
I think all the ingredients are there- we have relatively healthy and complete squd, a Not so strong opposition (not as good as RSL), no high altitude. The turf is the same for both teams. The guys are coming off a great workout in RSL and will be more conditioned and recent game concentration (not a 7 days ago). And most importantly they are pissed of and hungry.

Sure- I look at the positives, but it's just a feeling.

prizby
05-01-2012, 04:08 PM
koef is out
johnson says he's sore

missing vukovic yet?

wouldn't mind seeing jordan hamilton come along on the trip and be on the bench

Island Man
05-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Johnson has played every minute of every game :( Should ok kept Vukovic as Prizby said. What about Makabuya? Where the hell is he?

Abou Sky
05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Anyone have a suggestion for a GOOD stream on this?

prizby
05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Johnson has played every minute of every game :( Should ok kept Vukovic as Prizby said. What about Makabuya? Where the hell is he?

kind of forgot about keith, but i feel he is more of a winger...sadly, he's like a forgotten man :(

Greatest Ripoff
05-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Here is the roster toronto submitted. There are only 25 names on the roster so I think they can still add 5 more players.

"Clubs can submit up to 30 names for the competition, with condensed 23-player lists to be submitted 48 hours in advance of each match. Clubs can dress 18 players for each match, of which 11 will start and three can enter as substitutions.

TORONTO FC
# POS GOALKEEPERS
30 GK Kocic, Milos
40 GK Roberts, Quillan
# POS DEFENDERS
2 CB Emory, Logan
3 CB Aceval, Miguel
4 CB Henry, Doneil
5 FB Morgan, Ashtone
12 CB Cann, Adrian
20 CB Harden, Ty
21 CB Maund, Aaron
25 FB Hall, Jeremy
27 FB Eckersley, Richard
31 CB Williams, Dicoy
# POS MIDFIELD / FORWARD
7 F Plata, Joao
6 M de Guzman, Julian
8 M Avila, Eric
9 F Johnson, Ryan
11 M Silva, Luis
14 F Koevermans, Danny
15 M Stinson, Matt
16 M Cordon, Oscar
18 F Soolsma, Nick
19 F Lambe, Reggie
22 M Frings, Torsten
23 M Dunfield, Terry
33 M Burgos, Junior"

http://www.canadasoccer.com/amway-canadian-championship-rosters-submitted-p150321

Greatest Ripoff
05-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Here is what I'd like to see:

---------------Kocic--------------
Eks----Henry----Cann----Morgan
------Burgos-------Frings-------
Lambe-------Silva---------Avila
-------------Johnson------------

SUBS
Roberts
Emory
Aceval
Stinson
JDG
Plata
Cordon

prizby
05-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Anyone have a suggestion for a GOOD stream on this?

would sportsnet not stream it as well?

ryan
05-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Anyone else get the email "title defence begins tonight" about 3 hours ago?

Oh MLSE...

Abou Sky
05-01-2012, 09:01 PM
^ YA! Fucked me up, looked for a stream for a half hour b4 it dawned on me...

denime
05-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Anyone else get the email "title defence begins tonight" about 3 hours ago?

Oh MLSE...

Someone pressed "send Button" a day to early.:facepalm:

Yohan
05-02-2012, 12:24 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/mls_mashup/

Montreal looking to play similar line up as the one that won vs Portland on sat.

Petor
05-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Just a heads up to those going to the game and buying tickets today.
Buy them at Impact box office, not at the Big O, Big O is selling tickets to the match but they don't have any supporter sections tickets.
I found out the hard way.
I thought that because of renovations at Saputo that their box office would be closed, I thought wrong!

Walms
05-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Here is what I'd like to see:

---------------Kocic--------------
Eks----Henry----Cann----Morgan
---Dunfield/JDG---Frings-------
Lambe-------Silva---------Avila
-------------Johnson------------

SUBS
Roberts
Emory
Aceval
Stinson
Plata
Cordon

I like the 4-2-3-1, made one change however putting JDG or Dunfield instead of Jr.

I think our players will do well in this formation with our front man rampaging up front, like Mario Gomez dose with Bayern!

Formation aside, we put in a great showing against RSL (had at least 2 good chances to leave with all 3 points) and our players will be pissed with the result. Combine that with TFC's performances in past Canadian cup's and the fact that Montreal burned us a few weeks back.... WE GOT THIS!!!!

3-1 for TFC!!! Gooooooo Redssssss

bones
05-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Anyone think of starting Roberts in goal and give Kocic a rest? It seemed to work resting our #1 goalie (at the time) last year.

ManUtd4ever
05-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Despite the evidence to the contrary, Aron Winter publicly states that TFC is a better club than Montreal, and Jesse Marsch shows respect by suggesting to the media that TFC is a dangerous opponent to play against at this point in time.

Can anyone else envision Winter's arrogance blowing up in his face in this tournament?

Sigh.

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 11:31 AM
I really don't have a good feeling about this one.

I think we are the better team but.... they have better defenders and a better coach. Expect their organization on the field to be a key sticking point.

Island Man
05-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Anyone think of starting Roberts in goal and give Kocic a rest? It seemed to work resting our #1 goalie (at the time) last year.

No. Wouldn't even think of it. Not like Roberts is anyway near as good as Frei/Kocic. Too important of a game to risk it.

Yohan
05-02-2012, 11:48 AM
No. Wouldn't even think of it. Not like Roberts is anyway near as good as Frei/Kocic. Too important of a game to risk it.

the lads need a win more than a rest...

Cashcleaner
05-02-2012, 12:36 PM
If the team puts as much effort into this match as they did against RSL, a win is very much with our grasp. The Impact are gonna put up a fight, no doubt, and they're coming off a home win against Portland so I think they've got the confidence that they could top TFC again. I don't think we need Koevermans or Soolsma to beat Montreal, but it sure wouldn't hurt our chances if they were playing.

Either way, tough to call this match. I'm gonna go with 2-1 Toronto.

Yohan
05-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Both Vancouver and Montreal seems to be taking this competition seriously. And they have a bit of chip on their shoulders. I also don't want those two to never get hold of Voyageurs Cup again.

And every year in this tourney, there is always a story. Who's going to be the next maligned TFC player to score the winning goal? Chad Barrett did it. So did Mikaek Yourassowsky. Guys like Harmse and Velez also scored game winning goals. I figured Harden or Dunfield is due for a goal then :p

pekduck
05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
so... who'll be at Joe's tonight?

billyfly
05-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Who you like some poutine with your humiliating loss Mr Winter?

bones
05-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Despite the evidence to the contrary, Aron Winter publicly states that TFC is a better club than Montreal, and Jesse Marsch shows respect by suggesting to the media that TFC is a dangerous opponent to play against at this point in time.

Can anyone else envision Winter's arrogance blowing up in his face in this tournament?

Sigh.

But does he sound any different than a typical Toronto Fan visiting Montreal for a head to head game? a la Leafs vs Habs ;)

***disclaimer*** please note the ;) above. It was merely meant as a joke and not to be taken so serious that responses of "my god man, this is our Coach!!!"

bones
05-02-2012, 03:15 PM
so... who'll be at Joe's tonight?

probably a lot of people....watching Hockey playoffs, Basketball playoffs and one of about a billion baseball games :(

pekduck
05-02-2012, 03:16 PM
grrrrrrr @*&$@(*&@#@

ryan
05-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Sigh.

FYI

We outplayed a lot of teams but the results didn’t come off. Yeah, we do have a great team and we do have a better team than Montreal.”

Are we going to slag Avila too?

LesH
05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Anyone saw the game stream scheduled somewhere - viewable from outside Canada too?

Island Man
05-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Anyone saw the game stream scheduled somewhere - viewable from outside Canada too?

Won't know until nearer kick off.

Auzzy
05-02-2012, 04:03 PM
John Molinaro confirmed that there's no official stream for this game (Sportsnet or Concacaf).

Island Man
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Damn. There better be a stream! Staying up till 3am to watch this.

Code Red
05-02-2012, 04:17 PM

Sigh.

I've been having a hard time interpreting Aron's comments since he got here. I've always felt like he was confident at all times but I suppose confidence can be mistaken for arrogance, depending on who you ask. I've noticed in the recent pre/post game interviews that he is looking pretty worn down. Almost seems like he is slowly dying inside. I felt especially bad for him when one of the reporters (not sure of his name) grilled him in the last media scrum. It was pretty clear that the reporter was looking for explanations and Winter could barely string together a response for him. In my opinion, this is do or die for Winter. Any more losses and the media and fans will run him out of town. I hope his fortunes turn as he seems like a genuinely nice guy, unfortunately in football, it's results not pleasantness that counts.

I guess the real question now is, will ACC results affect our league play (for better or for worse) and will the results of the ACC play a role in Aron Winter's fate? Only time will tell.

bigredone
05-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Victory now could start an unstoppable flood of goals and victories. What some consider a petty competition could be our saving grace!

T-boy
05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I predict another loss (not surprisingly!) - but it will be the manner of the defeat that is important tonight. if TFC lose by MORE than one goal, then we are in the crapper for the replay as Montreal will come to TFC with a mass defense. We HAVE to keep Montreal within one goal tonight. Any less than that, and Winter shuld be fired tomorrow morning.

Island Man
05-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Impact: Ricketts; Brovsky,Thomas, Ferrari, Wahl; Warner, Felipe, Arnaud, Neagle; Nyassi, Corradi

Island Man
05-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Kocic; Henry, Cann, Aceval, Morgan; Dunfield, de Guzman, Frings; Lambe, Johnson, Avila

bigredone
05-02-2012, 06:02 PM
If Koevs is in than I predict and early goal. Any curses for this.

Island Man
05-02-2012, 06:02 PM
So Henry in for Ecks.

bigredone
05-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Kocic; Henry, Cann, Aceval, Morgan; Dunfield, de Guzman, Frings; Lambe, Johnson, Avila

In light of this....ah well........but I do sense victory.

bigredone
05-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Henry for Ecks.
As punishment many thinks he deserves?

Island Man
05-02-2012, 06:11 PM
and for his crap performance.

bigredone
05-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Ya, ok, but I still think he didnt fuck up nearly as much as others that continually start.

Henry does deserve a start though. Add some height!

ryan
05-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Frings gonna score tonight.

ryan
05-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Henry does deserve a start though. Add some height!

No he doesn't, he was born in Canada. :)

bigredone
05-02-2012, 06:18 PM
on a penalty?

bigredone
05-02-2012, 06:19 PM
no he doesn't, he was born in canada. :)

haha doh!

ryan
05-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Damn. There better be a stream! Staying up till 3am to watch this.

No video streaming yet, but firstrow has a link to one listed.

ryan
05-02-2012, 06:21 PM
on a penalty?

If we get another PK (which montreal has given up a few), I bet he takes it again and gets it done. Although Ricketts is stretch armstrong so...

With duncefield and JDG playing DM, Frings should be pushing up the play alot. He'll have his chances.

bigredone
05-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Got it.....Does anyone want to see Emory starting? Perhaps instead of Aceval?

bigredone
05-02-2012, 06:24 PM
If we get another PK (which montreal has given up a few), I bet he takes it again and gets it done. Although Ricketts is stretch armstrong so...

With duncefield and JDG playing DM, Frings should be pushing up the play alot. He'll have his chances.

I think he will also! FAITH FAITH FAITH

So high scoring for us?

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Henry for Ecks.
As punishment many thinks he deserves?

Again this coach has just got to stop this game of 'fuck the players.'

He's like a big fucking baby, and he pisses results away to make points to his players. At least some players, how come Harden and Dunfield dont get automatically benched when they play like crap?

Do people know what Eckersley cost us?

Yohan
05-02-2012, 06:32 PM
he's a free transfer. dunno what his salary is yet

LesH
05-02-2012, 06:32 PM
This is the link at firstrowsports, I really hope it's not just a "dummy" link...

http://firstrowsports.eu/watch/122298/1/watch-montreal-vs-toronto.html

bigredone
05-02-2012, 06:33 PM
75k?

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 06:34 PM
he's a free transfer. dunno what his salary is yet

Oh well then, lets throw him in goal tonight.....that'll teach him.

jloome
05-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Again this coach has just got to stop this game of 'fuck the players.'

He's like a big fucking baby, and he pisses results away to make points to his players. At least some players, how come Harden and Dunfield dont get automatically benched when they play like crap?

Probably has more to do with the fact that Montreal has a backline that isn't great in the air, and Henry is.

My bigger issue is the continual faith in Terry Dunfield. He seems like a nice lad and all, but statistically he's absolutely fucking atrocious.

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Are we going to slag Avila too?
I think the players and the coach should stick to trying to produce something before they get caught up in comparisons.

bigredone
05-02-2012, 06:38 PM
^ best use of the word atrocious

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Probably has more to do with the fact that Montreal has a backline that isn't great in the air, and Henry is.

My bigger issue is the continual faith in Terry Dunfield. He seems like a nice lad and all, but statistically he's absolutely fucking atrocious.

Yeah, Im boiling over right now. Probably more to do with my server crashing than it has to do with Winter.

Wasnt there a huge hit to our budget for signing ecks?

ryan
05-02-2012, 06:43 PM
That stream on firstrow is active now. Good to go boys.

[NBF]
05-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah, Im boiling over right now. Probably more to do with my server crashing than it has to do with Winter.

Wasnt there a huge hit to our budget for signing ecks?

Is there a cap hit if the team decides to drop Ty Harden or Dunfield or both?

Island Man
05-02-2012, 06:47 PM
That stream on firstrow is active now. Good to go boys.
Thanks a lot dude! :D

iy12l
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I have a feeling we will lose this, why would you place Henry over Ecks? i Know Henry is good (at CB) but not in RB! Also, why is Dunfield getting so much playing time? I would rather put Oscar Cordon today over that one-dimensional dumbass. If we lose this today, chances of Aron getting fired is very high.

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm looking forward to a good game. I had the day off and made a super footy day of it. I watched Locomotive Moscow v. CSKA online, Chelsea v. Newcastle, now the TFC game and later the Edmonton v. Whitecaps. I might even DL some Serie A highlights.

Azerban
05-02-2012, 06:57 PM
in my professional opinion, we will want to win this game

T-boy
05-02-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't really understand why Aceval is still playing and not Emory? Emory definitely deserves a start!

ryan
05-02-2012, 06:59 PM
I have a feeling we will lose this, why would you place Henry over Ecks? i Know Henry is good (at CB) but not in RB! Also, why is Dunfield getting so much playing time? I would rather put Oscar Cordon today over that one-dimensional dumbass. If we lose this today, chances of Aron getting fired is very high.

I think Henry is getting play at RB to expand his capability. I think he could play the position as he develops but is very raw in that role. We do only have 3 FB's on the roster, so getting Henry comfortable there gives us better depth at that spot.

gtaguy
05-02-2012, 07:02 PM
thats what i call a good day off. :drum:

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 07:03 PM
in my professional opinion, we will want to win this game

Is that a winter quote?

Daveisonfire
05-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Well played with the license plate banner...made me laugh anyway.

Anyone else catch that?

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 07:07 PM
why are we in white again?

Richard
05-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Anyone have a link to stream.

Parkdale
05-02-2012, 07:12 PM
just got the stream to work, and heard "Dunfield loses the ball...."

here we go.

Yohan
05-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Anyone have a link to stream.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/122298/1/watch-montreal-vs-toronto.html

Richard
05-02-2012, 07:15 PM
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/122298/1/watch-montreal-vs-toronto.html

Its says server not found.

Richard
05-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Nvm link 2 works

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 07:17 PM
We are fucking gifting them the ball

Yohan
05-02-2012, 07:19 PM
lol. Dobbers used Ferrari to describe Ferrari.

Yohan
05-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Frings has been everywhere so far. He's going to gas himself out by 60th min

Lumpy
05-02-2012, 07:21 PM
de Guzman or Henry will cause a goal (or Winter depending how you look at it)

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 07:24 PM
WTF was dunfield doing there?

Batman
05-02-2012, 07:25 PM
good evening guys...long time no talk

kaos197O
05-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Why is Avila and Lambe playing so far back? Johnson is the lone man up front and the next closest man is either Frings, Dunfield or Deguz. We are not pressuring the ball at all.

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 07:28 PM
haha my son, Tor is watching the Toronto game with me, he just looked up at the scoreboard which reads 'MTL 0 - TOR 0' and said.... "that's my name! but Im 4 years old"

Jeffro
05-02-2012, 07:29 PM
This is terrible, terrible football.

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Why is Avila and Lambe playing so far back? Johnson is the lone man up front and the next closest man is either Frings, Dunfield or Deguz. We are not pressuring the ball at all.
Looks like we've gone 4-2-3-1

Yohan
Henry's positioning as RB has been poor. giving up too much space on the right

kaos197O
This is terrible, terrible football.

You said it......it's almost not worth watching

AlanO
Morgan's taken a step backwards this year... his passing and crossing have been dreadful.

Yohan
05-02-2012, 07:31 PM
and Kocic saves the bacon again

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Henry protesting an imaginary whistle? wtf?

ag futbol
Morgan's taken a step backwards this year... his passing and crossing have been dreadful.
But notice he is solid defensively. Nobody we play wants to consistently attack down that side, everyone takes the other flank.

I agree going forward he has been terrible.

iansmcl
JDG = pissed at Henry.

[NBF]
05-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Looks to me like we're playing 5-4-1 and we cannot get the ball to Johnson, am I correct on that assestment?

Toronto
05-02-2012, 07:36 PM
You said it......it's almost not worth watching

The MLS is like live comedy. It always seems better when viewed at the park. Television simply exposes it for what it is.

gtaguy
05-02-2012, 07:39 PM
hi batman.. been a while. Wow we just saved our hides from the first goal.. i would not mind seeing plata in the game tonight. I think he could make the diff in the front line. what do you think strategy wise?.

Lumpy
05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Looks like the TFC players are all waiting for someone else to do something.

Couchy81
05-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Ffs if our defence is gonna rely on Kocic all night we're done

Richard
05-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Kocic seems to have this "Fuck this Team" look today.

TFC07
Wow, we are going to lose this game if we keep this up.

ag futbol
You know, I watch Aceval and I have to feel for the guy. He's trying to chase balls down over the top and avoid getting beat for pace, but he just can't do it.

It's not like he doesn't understand what's happening, he just has really severe limitations.

gtaguy
05-02-2012, 07:43 PM
kocic can't hold them back all night.. tfc better get a goal in and make the keepers time worth it.

TFC07
05-02-2012, 07:44 PM
This ref isn't calling a lot of fouls.

Yohan
05-02-2012, 07:44 PM
TFC defence consists of Kocic and last second desperate tackles. ugh

rocktml
05-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Holy fuck pass and move pass and move!!!!!! show for the fucking ball!!!!! we are standing around like fucking shoemakers!

ugh

billyfly
05-02-2012, 07:46 PM
A season where we all thought that maybe, just maybe.....

Alas

SoccMan
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Some of you guys make me laugh, so you like telling us that the quality of the MLS is pretty low by watching this game between one of the worst teams in MLS history and an expansion team playing on one of the worst playing surfaces there is, ya sure!

Lumpy
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
The Henry experiment will end at half-time or shortly after.

forzatoronto
05-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Sorry if this bothers anyone, but I would take Matteo Ferrari over Torsten Frings any day of the week. And he's not even on a DP salary.

Richard
05-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I like how we continue to cross the ball.

Yohan
05-02-2012, 07:49 PM
that was a nice sequence of play by Mtl

[NBF]
I get the feeling that Johnson might be tired and completely marked by Matteo Ferrari. Whos on the bench I didnt see who the subs were for tonight?

TFC07
The Henry experiment will end at half-time or shortly after.

Henry should be moved to CB! He isn't a RB. This reason alone is enough to tell me Winter doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

smtavare
05-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Each week it seems Morgan is regressing. He bothers me now, can't defend, can't cross, doesn't do anything really!

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Sorry if this bothers anyone, but I would take Matteo Ferrari over Torsten Frings any day of the week. And he's not even on a DP salary.
I'm not going to make any crazy statements, but I will say I see Ferrari playing CB for the other team and I am pretty fucking jealous.

SoccMan
Don't worry we have Aceval in the back, and once Eckersley comes off the bench in the second have our defensive problems will be solved!

Couchy81
This has loss written all over it. We just dont have good players.

Richard
05-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Henry should be moved to CB! He isn't a RB. This reason alone is enough to tell me Winter doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

I want to see aceval at RB or LB.

kaos197O
Don't worry we have Aceval in the back, and once Eckersley comes off the bench in the second have our defensive problems will be solved!
Maybe.....but we have no offence to speak of. A draw would be the best we would do at this rate.

123 elite
60 odd games in and this is where we are.

ag futbol
Meh, stay positive. They've had a little more of the action, but otherwise it's been a nothing game really ... for both teams.

We could easily nik a goal in the second half and get out of here with three points.

[NBF]

He's giving Henry some playing time and resting Eckersley. Nothing wrong with that. My only question is why would you not start Hall at right back and give Cann some rest for the weekend.

billyfly
05-02-2012, 07:54 PM
HT. Thank goodness.

Yohan
Meh, stay positive. They've had a little more of the action, but otherwise it's been a nothing game really ... for both teams.

We could easily nik a goal in the second half and get out of here with three points.
hard to stay positive when Mtl had about 5 good chances and TFC had none

Toronto
I'm not going to make any crazy statements, but I will say I see Ferrari playing CB for the other team and I am pretty fucking jealous.

Just wait till they sign this guy...Marco Di Vaio...

http://www.football-italia.net/18348/montreal-impact-line-di-vaio

what an owner who fucking cares does...

forzatoronto
05-02-2012, 07:55 PM

There's always a chance, but I can't even remember us getting the ball into their box. They way the team is looking today I have no idea how this season can be turned around.

iy12l
05-02-2012, 07:55 PM
We are too scared with the ball and our passing is shit. Get Aceval out and put Henry in CB with Ecks in RB. Morgan needs to stop panicking with the ball... he keeps passing back to the D or goalkeeper when there are midfielders wide open and puts more pressure on our defenders.

sully
05-02-2012, 07:57 PM
I don't know how many times we have to witness that 433 won't work with these players till Winter gets it.

forzatoronto
05-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Just wait till they sign this guy...Marco Di Vaio...

http://www.football-italia.net/18348/montreal-impact-line-di-vaio

what an owner who fucking cares does...
I saw that, Joey Saputo promised a DP from day one, Di Vaio is 35 but he'd still be a good signing, his goalscoring instinct is incredible.

kaos197O
05-02-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't know how many times we have to witness that 433 won't work with these players till Winter gets it.

We are not playing 4-3-3

Furtado91
its ben a shaky first half, we just don't look like we want to play. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!. sidenote from now on Deguzeman is frick and dunfield is frack. whenever they are both on, i always worry about the section as they looks horrible.

Lumpy
;1483201']He's giving Henry some playing time and resting Eckersley. Nothing wrong with that. My only question is why would you not start Hall at right back and give Cann some rest for the weekend.

Maybe take Caan out and move Henry. Caan was watching on the last header that almost went in.

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 07:59 PM
hard to stay positive when Mtl had about 5 good chances and TFC had none
Hey, compared to what we've seen all year ... this looks alright to me. We didn't see anyone royally fuck up out there, so it's a start.

They are pressing up high and TFC doesn't look good as a result. Most teams that have done this to us have made our play look just as ugly ... but overall we're still kicking around.

That's what people have to keep in perspective when we play teams like Chicago and RSL who allow us to play "nice football" and build from the back. It only looks that way because we're being baited into making mistakes... which have ultimately resulted in lost points. The pressure up high is forcing TFC to think more defensively, so it's making adjustments the coaching staff is not, which works out ok for us.

Eastend
Fucking brutal. Just brutal. I've been a SSH since Oct '06 and I have never been so down and feeling so dejected by this team.

iy12l
get Stinson or Burgos on replace either jdp or dunfield, they must be the worst midfielders in the world.

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Everybody brace for Impact!

Aron get down!

Aron!

ARON!

ah fuck!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/ExiledRed/fireball.jpg

SoccMan
Dick Howard god bless his soul but can we introduce some new Canadian soccer talent for these games, the game is growing here and it would be nice to have some new talent on the TV side.

A Stick
That was a disgraceful half of football. TFC have no heart. Why are we playing 3 defensive midfielders and playing our most creative midfielder wide on the left which eliminates his effectiveness? Winter is clueless!!!!! I am glad there's hockey on TV!

iy12l
05-02-2012, 08:01 PM
we will lose 2-0 second half. 1 defence fuck up, and JDG fouling in penalty box

TFC07
05-02-2012, 08:02 PM
get Stinson or Burgos on replace either jdp or dunfield, they must be the worst midfielders in the world.

JDG is waste of space out there. I don't know why he is still here. Time to buyout his contract!

Dunfield isn't a starter, but he isn't hurting our salary cap. Dunfield looked better than JDG in this game so far.

Richard

To think people said we had a stacked midfield last year and didnt need any more.

Yohan
I saw that, Joey Saputo promised a DP from day one, Di Vaio is 35 but he'd still be a good signing, his goalscoring instinct is incredible.
Ferrari talks to Corradi who also talks to di Vaio?

gtaguy
lets look at the bright side.. its still 0-0

123 elite
we never had one fluid movement to their goal. They had one off the line, that header and 2-3 other reasonble chances. We have 2 DPs and we can't construct any kind of movement in the general direction of their goal.All we do is make fast quick passes usually backwards then eventually hoof it and lose it. Explain this system to me one more time. I don't just dont get it.

Couchy81

Doesn't matter what formation we play, these guys aren't clicking tonight. Also it looked more like what someone else mentioned earlier, 5-4-1 with Johnson as the target man that no one can get a pass to.

That was a disgraceful half of football. TFC have no heart. Why are we playing 3 defensive midfielders and playing our most creative midfielder wide on the left which eliminates his effectiveness? Winter is clueless!!!!! I am glad there's hockey on TV!

Seems Winter can't win.

reggie
05-02-2012, 08:04 PM
shiteeeee...this is by far the worst tfc team ive have ever seen,i think the worst team ever in mls.

Daveisonfire
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9HQCTzv15yg/Tjv2gre8_7I/AAAAAAAASf8/d_yVOh_W1_g/s1600/Juergen_Klinsmann.jpg

nickio
Fucking brutal. Just brutal. I've been a SSH since Oct '06 and I have never been so down and feeling so dejected by this team.

Just remember that you're supporting the team from Toronto, not necesserily the coaches or the players, but the franchise that is Toronto Football club. Whatever happens

Toronto

Agreed. Him and Corradi up front, Ferrari in the back. Something to be be said about Serie A experience, skill and tactical smarts. I bet it catches on, and more and more MLS teams start signing Italians. They seem to be willing to sign for reasonable money....And I bet they get younger to boot.

ag futbol
Dick Howard god bless his soul but can we introduce some new Canadian soccer talent for these games, the game is growing here and it would be nice to have some new talent on the TV side.
I agree.

Why the hell can't rohan ricketts hold down a TV spot? The guy is entertaining as hell and has played pro so he carries some credibility. The coverage of Canadian soccer completely lacks energy. We need the soccer equivalent of the NBA on TNT halftime show.

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Agreed. Him and Corradi up front, Ferrari in the back. Something to be be said about Serie A experience, skill and tactical smarts. I bet it catches on, and more and more MLS teams start signing Italians. They seem to be willing to sign for reasonable money....And I bet they get younger to boot.
You could see in the first half that Corradi played several smart balls that should have reached a secondary striker playing in the right position. Unfortunately for him (fortunately for us) Nyassi is nothing more than a headless chicken out there and can't get on the end of a ball.

ExiledRed
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9HQCTzv15yg/Tjv2gre8_7I/AAAAAAAASf8/d_yVOh_W1_g/s1600/Juergen_Klinsmann.jpg

hahahahaha I wish I could up rep this post.

TorontoGooner
Seems Winter can't win. [/COLOR]

7 straight defeats suggest that

gtaguy
05-02-2012, 08:08 PM
shiteeeee...this is by far the worst tfc team ive have ever seen,i think the worst team ever in mls.

I wouldn't go that far.. but tfc needs to start thinking like a machine. a collective star trek style.

iansmcl
05-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Borg FC

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
TFC needs to put Luiz Silva on and let the kid take some chances. He's still learning, but when he's on he's a game changer at the AM spot which we badly need.

Eric Avila hasn't provided anything thus far.

TFC07
05-02-2012, 08:11 PM
TFC needs to put Luiz Silva on and let the kid take some chances. He's still learning, but when he's on he's a game changer at the AM spot which we badly need.

Still learning? Isn't he 23 years old? He is older than almost half players on TFC. lol

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 08:11 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/ExiledRed/klinsmann.jpg

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Still learning? Isn't he 23 years old? He is older than almost half players on TFC. lol
Hey, there's always something to still learn .. especially when you move up to a different league or a higher level of play.

gtaguy

i would go as far as saying Silva and Plata both in.. those two changes might just make the difference.

iy12l
this ref is stupid, that was a foul on jdg

Eastend
05-02-2012, 08:13 PM

I agree somewhat. However, Canadian talent gets us Dobson and Forrest. I want to rip my ears off.

forzatoronto
JDG is waste of space out there. I don't know why he is still here. Time to buyout his contract!

Dunfield isn't a starter, but he isn't hurting our salary cap. Dunfield looked better than JDG in this game so far.
I totally agree, JDG just goes through the motions. Extremely disappointing.

Richard
Hey, there's always something to still learn .. especially when you move up to a different league or a higher level of play.

I guess your hoping he is a late bloomer like Dero.

forzatoronto
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/ExiledRed/klinsmann.jpg
Outstanding. :D

Yohan
hahahahaha I wish I could up rep this post.

got you covered

Eastend
Thank god nyasi was selfish there.

kaos197O
05-02-2012, 08:14 PM
So lucky we didnt get burned there. Aceval didn't take his man and left Corradi wide open but Nyassi didn't make the pass. AWFUL

Yohan
05-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Still learning? Isn't he 23 years old? He is older than almost half players on TFC. lolthat was a sick cross field pass to Lambe that Lambe botched with terrible pass after

forzatoronto
The way we're playing right now, I'd very gladly take a draw from this match. Again we catch a break defensively. Craig Forrest just said "Toronto Impact," but eh.

Richard
I totally agree, JDG just goes through the motions. Extremely disappointing.

Its weird he has sucked so much this year, most athletes tend play much better in a contract year. Maybe JDG is retiring at the end of this year?

AlanO
05-02-2012, 08:16 PM
that was a sick cross field pass to Lambe that Lambe botched with terrible pass after

I think he was expecting Morgan to lay it off for Frings, or at least get a foot on it.

Yohan
05-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Cann getting targeted by Mtl on crosses. Isn't air ability Cann's strong point?

Couchy81
7 straight defeats suggest that

It does, but the players are shite, and a new manager will lose another 7 straight.

iy12l
6 seasons we cant get a good defender, 1st montreal season they sign a beast CB

AlanO
05-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Montreal's corners and crosses are worlds better than TFC's..

gtaguy
05-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Anyone here a bigger kocic fan then a frei. This kid is talented!!

TFCwestcan
05-02-2012, 08:19 PM
This doesn't look like the team that played Salt lake on the Weekend. A bit dispirited I think, you could see Johnson's head drop when Morgan's wayward cross went right to the keeper. At least no screw-ups (yet).

rocktml
05-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Get Morgan and Henry out of this game!

forzatoronto
05-02-2012, 08:21 PM
6 seasons we cant get a good defender, 1st montreal season they sign a beast CB
We should have kept Nana, IMO.

kaos197O
05-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Anyone here a bigger kocic fan then a frei. This kid is talented!!
Can't say that I am. He has had poor games the last couple of times and even today he made some mistakes positionally that we've been lucky not to get burned on. He's good but I don't think he's better than Frei!

iy12l
05-02-2012, 08:22 PM
ffs why would you replace avila! replace dunfield or JDG! ffs aron!

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 08:23 PM
"The board is broken"

LOL

TFC07
05-02-2012, 08:23 PM
LMAO @ 4th ref!

iy12l
05-02-2012, 08:24 PM
lmfao boken sub-board... just shows how much they prepared for this game

dantdot
05-02-2012, 08:24 PM
:picard:

Toronto
05-02-2012, 08:25 PM
lmfao boken sub-board... just shows how much they prepared for this game

I think AMWAY sells them.

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 08:26 PM
ffs why would you replace avila! replace dunfield or JDG! ffs aron!

2wx2yvZhS0M

ag futbol
05-02-2012, 08:26 PM
It looked pretty clear that the sub board was working. He just didn't have a clue how to use it.

forzatoronto
05-02-2012, 08:27 PM
I think AMWAY sells them.lol...g:D

TorontoGooner
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
The broken board just about sums this mickey mouse tournament up.

Terrible tonight. Yes, it's a draw away from home, but only just. And against a team that's only played a handful of competitive games together. Saying we've been unlucky all season is like trying to put lipstick on a pig.

Come on boys!!

TFC07
05-02-2012, 08:29 PM
off-side!

Richard
Are we playing a 5-5-0.

forzatoronto
Great flick on by Corradi, the linesman got the call right, Nyassi was just offside.

iy12l
a sign that they will score soon

Relja
05-02-2012, 08:30 PM
This is harder and harder to watch as a supporter......

iansmcl
05-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Funny thing about the board...

at BMO they use a flipcard board quite often. That's in MLS play... not the "mickey mouse" CCC.

forzatoronto
Frings looking injured. This continues to get worse.

Richard
Welp.

Toronto
05-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Why is Frings being played on this carpet. Take him out off before this goes completely tits up.

forzatoronto
LOL, what the hell, Frings? He could have had a shot there, that was such a waste. Still, at least we finally got possession in the box, that's promising. The last couple minutes have been better.

Yohan
interesting. Silva playing as striker

gtaguy
05-02-2012, 08:35 PM
i will be glad when tfc terminates jdg's contract. you can't tie up money like that on a defensive midfielder. hold on winter the market is calling and freeing up that money is priceless and gonna help the club out bigtime.

forzatoronto
05-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Eckersley for Lambe, obviously we're trying for a draw.

iy12l
05-02-2012, 08:36 PM
ffs, now we play the defending game...whats the point if we cant defend.

Yohan
05-02-2012, 08:37 PM
lol. 5-4-1?

Parkdale
05-02-2012, 08:38 PM
sigh....can they blow the whistle now?

Toronto
05-02-2012, 08:39 PM
15 minutes of 11 men behind the ball. It's the new Ajax system!

Lumpy
05-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Surprise goal coming up.

iy12l
this has to be the worst football match i ever saw

gtaguy
worse . tfc is defending . haven't they been doing this all night??????.

ExiledRed
05-02-2012, 08:42 PM
This is called....

actually i dont know what its called.

make it stop

kaos197O
this has to be the worst football match i ever saw

100% agree. It's disgusting!

forzatoronto
Was that our first shot?