PDA

View Full Version : TFC Blamed for Other Teams' Problems

Lucky Strike
07-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Has anyone else noticed this? Every time another MLS team has some sort of issue, it somehow is always TFC's fault.

- RSL coach Kreis blames us: http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/07/report-rsls-jason-kreis-fined-and.html

- Yet another KKKrew fan blames us for the racist incident: http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/07/editorial-irate-crew-fan-and-protector.html

- Chicago (and their fans) still whining over the McBride saga: http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/07/updatehuckerby-and-mcbride-status-still.html and http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/07/update-mcbride-to-mls-in-2008-may-not.html

I'm sure there are other instances (ie. other than MLS rumors) but I don't have the time to dig them all up; you guys get the idea. Why do you think that is? It sounds like sour grapes to me for TFC being so successful.

ilikemusic
07-12-2008, 01:40 PM
http://www.kkbox.com.tw/funky/album/54461.jpg

(I dont like Fat Joe but I thought the album titles was appropriate.)

Kickit09
07-12-2008, 01:44 PM
dont forget about Columbus's GM, he blamed us for the ban at KKKrew stadium.

Juanito
07-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Well, one thing that keeps on popping up is that TFC is not American and thus is evil. This is a gross generalization of the American soccer supporter, but it seems to pop up now and again.

The truth is that neither the US nor Canada have enough large, football-loving cities to support its own league. We have to work together. However, with this being said, that MLS has to stop this "us versus them" attitude when it comes to what an international player means. TFC gets shafted because Americans are considered internationals. What should happen is that both American and Canadian players are considered domestic.

Also, the "discovery rule" is total shhite. I agree with why the Chicago supporters are upset BUT that's the rule and its within TFC's right to enforce it. No one does TFC any favours, so why should TFC?

Roogsy
07-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Besides if they really want McBride so much, give us what we want!

TFC07
07-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Well, one thing that keeps on popping up is that TFC is not American and thus is evil. This is a gross generalization of the American soccer supporter, but it seems to pop up now and again.

The truth is that neither the US nor Canada have enough large, football-loving cities to support its own league. We have to work together. However, with this being said, that MLS has to stop this "us versus them" attitude when it comes to what an international player means. TFC gets shafted because Americans are considered internationals. What should happen is that both American and Canadian players are considered domestic.

Also, the "discovery rule" is total shhite. I agree with why the Chicago supporters are upset BUT that's the rule and its within TFC's right to enforce it. No one does TFC any favours, so why should TFC?

Actually MLS wanted that, but USSF (USA's FA) rejected that idea.

noochie
07-12-2008, 02:13 PM
I like the discovery rule... besides in this case the point being made doesn't apply... TFC wanted to sign Huckerby but he did not want to play here. There is no evidence that this was done with the intention of shafting other teams. Mo tried to get him here.

noochie
07-12-2008, 02:16 PM
P.S. Part of the reason that the rule exists in the first place is that there aren't many scouts for MLS (and many are pooled between teams or at least they were in the past) and competition is too high with other leagues not hampered by salary caps. Understanding that, it starts to make more sense.

Roogsy
07-12-2008, 02:20 PM
True! Huckerby was our discovery and San Jose did their job, negotiated and got him.

Chicago fans should wake up and pressure their team to negotiate in good faith otherwise shut the hell up. Or are they so stupid to think TFC is willing to get nothing back when the rules allow us to demand something?

Juanito
07-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Actually MLS wanted that, but USSF (USA's FA) rejected that idea.

The USSF are really short-sighted. In their infinite-wisdom they are hindering the viability of the sport in North America.

Spock said it best, "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few."

TFC07
07-12-2008, 02:25 PM
The USSF are really short-sighted. In their infinite-wisdom they are hindering the viability of the sport in North America.

True, but their job is focus on American players only. They don't care about Canadian players and our development.

Roogsy
07-12-2008, 02:26 PM

I disagree. It is not their job to hurt the status of their own players, and that is what such a wide-ranging change would do. The USSF isn't there to do MLS's job. What the MLS should do is change the rules from within, not this band-aid solution that has far-reaching effects when all they could do is simply expand the roster and increase the salary cap, something they didn't do sufficiently this past off-season.

S_D
07-12-2008, 02:27 PM

Yes but the USSF's mandate is to develop US talent, not North American. I am sure this mandate helped TFC get it's domestic quota reduced as we had to accept that some of the additional international spots were American.

TFC07
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Oh yeah, fuck all MLS and their bitchin'! This just gives me more reason to root for West Ham United over MLS all-star team.

Flipityflu
07-12-2008, 03:17 PM
maybe i'm in a minority around here, but i just love being hated. i really really do. it shows we get under peoples skin. we should continue to make sure that we are hated. i'm sure it will be just a matter of time before TFC gets blamed for starting World War II, climate change, and why Rosie O'Donell still gets employment.

its all our fault
its all our fault :)

Roogsy
07-12-2008, 03:18 PM
HEY! That's a great chant! LOL!

BosakWBC
07-12-2008, 03:18 PM
The MLS is Medieval Times and we're the green knight.

Got medieval times on the mind, sorry

noochie
07-12-2008, 03:20 PM
The MLS is Medieval Times and we're the green knight.

Got medieval times on the mind, sorry

Haha... I have no clue what you are talking about but hopefully the green knight is the guy who kicks everyone else's ass and ends up on top of a pile of bodies... like 13 other bodies would be good.

Cashcleaner
07-12-2008, 03:36 PM
maybe i'm in a minority around here, but i just love being hated. i really really do. it shows we get under peoples skin. we should continue to make sure that we are hated. i'm sure it will be just a matter of time before TFC gets blamed for starting World War II, climate change, and why Rosie O'Donell still gets employment.

its all our fault

I have to agree with you on that. The fact that we are cause for so much annoyance throughout the league really shows that we're on a completely different wavelength than the other teams.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: It took twenty-thousand assholes from Toronto to completely turn this league upside-down and shake up the powers-that-be.

twistedchinaman
07-12-2008, 03:38 PM
If this was a musical, Jason Kraps would be leading the song "Let's All Hate Toronto (FC)".

kitchener-TFC
07-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Regarding Canadians being domestic, and Americans being international, I think that this rule should stick. It'll help develope Canadian soccer players, so that eventually, we could make a few FIFA world cup appearances.

Ratven
07-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, it really us Us vs. the rest of the MLS, if you were to pool the rest of the MLS teams' supporters, there might be an even contest between us.

Lucky Strike
07-12-2008, 06:02 PM

its all our fault

Oh don't get me wrong, my observations aren't a complaint. I like it as well and find it funny how we're being blamed for everything. It's like we're the gremlin in the engine of the MLS (for US teams) but it's really the other around: we're the bizarro-world gremlin.