PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to be in Montreal next Wednesday night?

Red CB Toronto
04-26-2012, 03:22 PM
I noticed that in the away thread that interest for supporters tickets to next Wednesday's Canadian Championship match in Monday was quite minimal so I am curious to know how many of you are planning on going.

I will at be at the Big O for the matching arriving on mega bus on day around noon and leaving at 12:15 right after the game. I will be buying my ticket at the box office which I do not see as a problem in anyway.

I am hoping for a good crowd of Toronto supporters but am being reasonable with my expectations due to the fact a lot of people just made the trip down the 401/20 a few weeks ago for the first MLS game between these two clubs.

kodiakTFC
04-26-2012, 03:57 PM
I just got off the phone with IMFC and they've sold a whopping 20 away tickets. I'll be there, tickets purchased but I highly recommend you buy your tickets now CBlake. Call Nancy at 514.328.5182 (tel:514.328.5182) and its $23 tax included per away ticket. The reason I suggest this is that the Impact VIP box office where you pick up purchased tickets is very short and the Ticketmaster box office where you'll have to wait will be quite long. Plus, not sure if that ticketmaster office has many away tickets.

T-boy
04-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I went to the last game. I won't be going to this one. The TFC players didn't seem to care that we (the supporters) had made a massive effort to all get there, so why should I do it again? The TFC players should have climbed into the damn bleachers and shook us all by the hand individually to thank us. How many times do thousands of away fans get to a game, travelling 400 miles to the game? We definitely put more effort in than the players that day! Until I feel that the players appreciate my effort, and equal it on the field, I won't be going to another away game.

Fort York Redcoat
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Who's driving? What's the megabus ticket at?

Red CB Toronto
04-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Who's driving? What's the megabus ticket at?

$34 to $46 return, depending on times, I am taking 6:30 am on the 2nd and 12:15 am back on the 3rd and it is currently at $40 plus tax.

Www.megabus.com

tiberius
04-26-2012, 09:09 PM
I went to the last game. I won't be going to this one. The TFC players didn't seem to care that we (the supporters) had made a massive effort to all get there, so why should I do it again? The TFC players should have climbed into the damn bleachers and shook us all by the hand individually to thank us. How many times do thousands of away fans get to a game, travelling 400 miles to the game? We definitely put more effort in than the players that day! Until I feel that the players appreciate my effort, and equal it on the field, I won't be going to another away game.

As far as I am concerned they should have reached through the TV set and shook my hand too!:facepalm: I am really not sure of the Winter/team appreciation of the few who are still paying any attention to them when they are now 0 and 6... perhaps they should all visit the North End Elite web site to understand what seasons in the future are likely to look like...

Red CB Toronto
04-27-2012, 12:15 AM
I just got off the phone with IMFC and they've sold a whopping 20 away tickets. I'll be there, tickets purchased but I highly recommend you buy your tickets now CBlake. Call Nancy at 514.328.5182 (tel:514.328.5182) and its $23 tax included per away ticket. The reason I suggest this is that the Impact VIP box office where you pick up purchased tickets is very short and the Ticketmaster box office where you'll have to wait will be quite long. Plus, not sure if that ticketmaster office has many away tickets.

What section are they using for the visiting supporters section this time around, is it 257? Also did she say anything about security plans, having to enter early etc.?

kodiakTFC
04-27-2012, 02:29 AM
What section are they using for the visiting supporters section this time around, is it 257? Also did she say anything about security plans, having to enter early etc.?

Section 259 and she didn't tell me anything of that sort.

JamboAl
04-27-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm sure we'll be very easy to spot in a sea of empty seats.

Pinkie
04-27-2012, 03:36 PM
well we're pretty shitty right now and its a midweek game. so yeah figures there aren't that many tickets sold.

Red CB Toronto
04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Section 259 and she didn't tell me anything of that sort.

Thanks for the info, I am going to head over to the Big O when I get into Montreal around lunch time to get my ticket and avoid the pre-game lineups. Should be a good day.

Mark in Ottawa
04-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Was going to go but had change of plans.
My limited footy budget can only go so far and after the last game in Montreal ... I decided it would not be $$ well spent.

And it's not like there won't be footy to watch.
Newcastle/Chelsea playing for 4th place and a champions league spot!!

mikejones
05-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Hey is anybody driving down in the next 2 hours? We have 2-3 guys definitely wanting to go but no car. Of course we'll pitch on gas like good boys and grab some food for the road. Let me know either way. We can come back tonight or tomorrow we're pretty open like that.

ManUtd4ever
05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
TFC is not worthy of the road support is has received thus far. If the club wants travelling supporters to come out of the woodwork, the performance of the team moving forward will have to justify the considerable time and expense involved for all those concerned.

Cashcleaner
05-02-2012, 12:55 PM
$34 to $46 return, depending on times, I am taking 6:30 am on the 2nd and 12:15 am back on the 3rd and it is currently at $40 plus tax.

Www.megabus.com (http://Www.megabus.com)

Quick question. Do we tend to get a lot of people taking the megabus? I've thought about busing it to Montreal instead of driving from time to time, and I think if there was a crowd of RPBers that travelled with them often I'd be more inclined to buy a ticket.

Red CB Toronto
05-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Quick question. Do we tend to get a lot of people taking the megabus? I've thought about busing it to Montreal instead of driving from time to time, and I think if there was a crowd of RPBers that travelled with them often I'd be more inclined to buy a ticket.

I depends, but when for the road game in DC last year, I posted the link for MegaBus and we had about 20 RPB and friends on it. I have taken it to New York, DC, Philly, MTL and have always found it worked well, especially when you get it cheap. I paid 2.50for a return ticket to DC in a few weeks.

Technorgasm
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
me?

#OCCUPYTHECOUCH!

Cashcleaner
05-02-2012, 11:26 PM
I depends, but when for the road game in DC last year, I posted the link for MegaBus and we had about 20 RPB and friends on it. I have taken it to New York, DC, Philly, MTL and have always found it worked well, especially when you get it cheap. I paid 2.50for a return ticket to DC in a few weeks.

Thanks, CBlake.

Yohan
05-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Gotta say, I feel for you lads who travelled to see that display. You deserved better.

at least it's not a loss like most TFC away trips

ExiledRed
05-03-2012, 12:23 AM
at least it's not a loss like most TFC away trips

It may as well have been, given we didnt get that away goal.