PDA

View Full Version : NEXT HOME GAME: If we do not win I am going to throw a TFC jersey back onto the pitch

trane
04-26-2012, 11:40 AM
I think that if we do not win the next home game I am not asking for them to take of their jersey, I am throwing it back at them.

Section 117
04-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Trane that is fucking gold...

But i would still rather do it Geona style make them take off their jersies and then throw it at them. I can bet you not one of them would try and defend the jersey like Sculli did...

A sad state of affairs when their is 0 leadership on the field and in the locker room

trane
04-26-2012, 11:46 AM
^ I am trying to be more moderate.

Beach_Red
04-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Trane that is fucking gold...

But i would still rather do it Geona style make them take off their jersies and then throw it at them. I can bet you not one of them would try and defend the jersey like Sculli did...

A sad state of affairs when their is 0 leadership on the field and in the locker room

Is this really true? Isn't Frings bringing some leadership? He's a short-term rental, of course, but he's not nothing.

Fort York Redcoat
04-26-2012, 11:50 AM
T I can bet you not one of them would try and defend the jersey like Sculli did...

I can bet you they wouldn't have to because the authorities will take care of any disturbance you try and make.

And trane I believe there is one other who wishes to do this.

trane
04-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Is this really true? Isn't Frings bringing some leadership? He's a short-term rental, of course, but he's not nothing.

I think Frings is a leader, I am divided about it, because this is not something against the players, but against the manager and FO.

jaxul
04-26-2012, 12:01 PM
You need a LOT of people to do this in order to make an impact. Not to mention it is now on a public message board and BMO security will take precautions. I also predict that over half the team will just head to the change rooms and not even care. (I strongly hope I am wrong on this one!)

All that being said...I am in.

Hitcho
04-26-2012, 12:05 PM
MLSE won't care if you throw jerseys, that just means they will try and sell more jerseys.

If you want to worry them, then have a whole bunch of people throw thier season ticket books onto the pitch. Now THAT would get their attention...

Fort York Redcoat
04-26-2012, 12:07 PM
You need a LOT of people to do this in order to make an impact. Not to mention it is now on a public message board and BMO security will take precautions. I also predict that over half the team will just head to the change rooms and not even care. (I strongly hope I am wrong on this one!)

All that being said...I am in.

What do you think the players will do? They'll come over and clap us at best or just head to the locker rooms as you say.

trane
04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
^ If enough people do it, and the pitch is littered with MLSE merchandise people will notice.

ExiledRed
04-26-2012, 12:29 PM
You know what though Trane,

I think the poor bastards have been put through enough humiliation. The clown in charge is the problem.

trane
04-26-2012, 01:03 PM
^ I agree. It would not be targeted at them, but at the management.

Roogsy
04-26-2012, 01:05 PM
If Trane takes off his shirt, I sure hope I bring my scarf to the game so I can cover my eyes!

trane
04-26-2012, 01:08 PM
^ hahahahah. I will be wearing an undershirt.

Funny thing is I do not think I could through my scarf away. The scarf to me is a symbol of the supporter.

Carefree
04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
I think that if we do not win the next home game I am not asking for them to take of their jersey, I am throwing it back at them.

That's a good idea in theory, but even assuming you can get a few dozen other people to do the same, how exactly do you propose to do that? I doubt security will let you walk onto the pitch or toward the dugout, and a jersey isn't the kind of thing that can be thrown from the stands all the way to the middle of the pitch, like a round-shaped seat cushion for example. The only way I can think of is to gather around the tunnel entrance and throw the jerseys at the players/coaches/staff.

If this can be done I think it would send a very powerful message. Probably not a lot of people in the stadium will see it, seeing as most people leave around the 85th minute anyway, but I'm sure the press would talk about it.

__wowza
04-26-2012, 01:45 PM

my overall opinion is split. will this accomplish what you want it to?
would the players know it's about winter, and not about them?
will security be coming after you for throwing your shirt onto the pitch?

there's a lot of variables. all i can say is that it's incredibly open to interpretation but the overall message "take this back until you give me a reason to wear it again" is really strong.

boozilla
04-26-2012, 02:03 PM
my overall opinion is split. will this accomplish what you want it to?
would the players know it's about winter, and not about them?
will security be coming after you for throwing your shirt onto the pitch?

Canadians are too polite. I say let the young man throw his shirt!
Sorry, eh?

Fort York Redcoat
04-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Security won't go after anyone throwing merch on the pitch after the game. For 2 games now someone has thrown the same scarf on the pitch for all the good that's done...

ensco
04-26-2012, 02:15 PM
No question. "Shirts off" is the best kind of soccer protest.

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/12/02/topless-soccer-protests-are-the-best-kind-of-protests-photos/

Belfast_Boy
04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
that's what I was going say. I don't think anyone noticed the scarf. hope they see the shirt.

this is what I'm doing. this is their first response.

Dear Mark Ferris,

We thank you for your feedback and apologize for any displeasure that you experienced at BMO Field. We understand that you are frustrated with the team's performance so far this season but unfortnuately we are unable to process refunds based on team performance. As it is still early in the season, we hope that you will continue to support the Toronto FC.
Please feel free to contact us at 416 815 5982 if you would like to further discuss your concerns.

Thanks for your understanding.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your Comment @ 2012-04-23 16:42:42 <<<<<<<<<<<<

Subject Category: Fan Services

I would like to request a partial refund.
I purchased seasons tickets to TFC and feel that MLSE isn't serious about fielding a competitive team. In the values and vision it is stated that winning "is at the heart of our objectives and strategies." I think this statement is false, MLSE is a very successful business and if this was true we would not have zero wins in six games.
Therefore I am requesting a partial refund. The product and effort you promised has not been delivered. I wish to keep my seat but it is not worth what MLSE is charging for it.
Please respond by email or by calling me at the above number.

Sincerly
Mark Ferris

http://www.mlsemarketing.com/epcOpen.jsp?pageid=691&uid=0&id=1135926

__wowza
04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Sorry, eh?

i mentioned that he needs to think about what message it sends. if he threw it, what's stopping the team from taking it to mean that he's going off on them, when he's mentioned in this thread that his objections are with winter? he can throw his shirt if he wants to, i just wanted to make sure they wouldnt drop the banhammer at BMO if he did.

it was a concern more than an objection.

TFCBarrie
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Sorry, eh?

This is not a commentary on whether someone should or should not throw their shirt (they should do whatever they want), but I take offence to the whole "Canadian's are too polite" sentiment and I take every opportunity I can to point out that there is nothing wrong with being polite and our "politeness" as a group is what makes this country as great as it is.
You may not have meant it as a slight Boozilla, but it irks me.

ON WITH THE SHIRT TOSSING DISCUSSION!

Flipityflu
04-26-2012, 02:55 PM
actually, we should demand the players throw winter on the pitch. we could get the herc flyby again to facilitate.... :)

rocktml
04-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Golden! Im all for it! Lets do it!

king dave
04-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Not that my 2 cents counts for anything but a match boycott by ALL RPB in 112 would be poignant.
Go in before the match, throw up a big banner and leave.
KD.

Detroit_TFC
04-26-2012, 03:28 PM
There is the Detroit style paper bags on heads from 0-16 season in 2008. Not saying, just saying.

__wowza
04-26-2012, 03:44 PM
I take offence to the whole "Canadian's are too polite" sentiment and I take every opportunity I can to point out that there is nothing wrong with being polite and our "politeness" as a group is what makes this country as great as it is.

seconded, i met a group of people from michigan once when i was in greece. they said they knew i was canadian because of my "accent", and when i asked what my accent was one of the girls said "you say things like please and thank you a lot.."

i had gotten lunch with them, gave my order, said please, and said thank you when it was brought to the table. i don't take offense, i just don't understand how being polite can be tied down to a particular cultural identity. another example is an AMA im doing on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/stlq4/ama_i_work_in_a_call_centre_that_fields/?sort=new), someone trolled me into thinking "yank" was pejorative and then got disappointed when i asked if it was insulting instead of doing the "canadian sorry".

i don't know, i don't get it!

Belfast_Boy
04-26-2012, 03:49 PM
I like the both the boycott and paper bag idea. anything to send a message.

Yagbod
04-26-2012, 04:04 PM
I could get behind the paper bag idea.

Here's another: we set up the railing banners, put the drum down, lean the flags against the railings and then empty 112 out. We don't need to boycott the game, but we 'appear' to boycott the game. All we really do is move into 111 or 113, etc. I am sure there would be plenty of room.

We would probably have to leave a few 'heavys' on the edge of 113 to make sure no one touches our stuff, but the empty section would make a statement for sure.

Belfast_Boy
04-26-2012, 04:15 PM
if we really want to leave the players out of this then we go to the head office.

denime
04-26-2012, 04:18 PM
I like the both the boycott and paper bag idea. anything to send a message.

I have no problem with boycott,paper bag,whatever RPB as group decide I'm in.

Issue with boycott is timing,Trane suggested to do it if we lose next home game,boycott would mean to miss next home game before it was even played.
Paper bags,yeah why not,nothing special but will be spotted for sure.

Does not matter what direction we go,it will be very difficult to get everyone to do it.
We have so many people who are in the stands and simply wont do it ,we have people with an anti-authority attitude who are very active on this board but don't want to be a part of anything significant like boycott,protest,tifo, this or that.

Paper bags,turning back to the pitch while singing and chanting before/during the game,and Gate 4 after the game in case they don't win next home game.

T-boy
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
If TFC lose their next game, I'm going to throw my underpants on the field.

West220Side
04-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Throw a $100 bill at the field why dontcha.

cementhead
04-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Let moon the team!

Belfast_Boy
04-26-2012, 06:13 PM
if we lose the next two games I think we have to do something as a group. otherwise we're being fed a shit sandwich, we're saying thank you and asking for more.

Personally I say we go to the head office. this is about the management not the players.

David_Oliveira
04-26-2012, 06:38 PM
I think we should just show up and do a sit in. No chanting. Sitting in the supporters section might just be as loud as the chanting.

Flipityflu
04-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Occupy BMO Field. human shield around the main entrance.

ensco
04-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Next home game is Dero's return to BMO. Just tossing that tidbit into the cauldron.

OgtheDim
04-26-2012, 07:30 PM
A silent match or not being there would be taken as lack of support for the team as a whole, including the players.

Everybody wearing bags on their heads .........that would get noticed. That's the universal sign of displeasure and a massive simultaneous display would get the point across that something needs to change.

ryan
04-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Next home game is Dero's return to BMO. Just tossing that tidbit into the cauldron.

Cheer when he has the football.

denime
04-26-2012, 07:54 PM
if we lose the next two games I think we have to do something as a group. otherwise we're being fed a shit sandwich, we're saying thank you and asking for more.

Personally I say we go to the head office. this is about the management not the players.

If we lose next two games we don't have to do anything,Winter will be gone by the time we play DC,and if he is still around than Gate 4 protest is a must after wearing bags on our heads during the game.

Sitting in supporters section will not be noticed as bags and if U-Sector does not want to sit down than all sit down protest will just look embarrassing.

I still hope we will not need to do any of this,but that's just me.

denime
04-26-2012, 08:03 PM

Only when he wears CMNT Jersey,other than that fuck him,nothing personal but at the end of the day he is an enemy in DCU jersey.

billyfly
04-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Trucker bombs. I say we throw trucker bombs.

ExiledRed
04-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Trucker bombs. I say we throw trucker bombs.

you've been hanging out on the verges collecting them again? you disgust me.

tiberius
04-26-2012, 08:46 PM

Big cheers - recognizing DeRo's accomplishments in the face of adversity, will send ONE HELL OF A MESSAGE. You don't have to agree with everything he has done, or all that has happened, to recognize talent and drive - give it up for the home town boy! He has scored almost as many goals against us last year as we have scored ALL season, this year. We should give it up for the 2011 MLS MVP - a Scarborough boy! Give credit, where credit is due, and acknowledge our own sad situation since he has left. Afterwards, throw your friggin TFC Jersey onto the field - effing eh!:hump:

Waggy
04-26-2012, 08:54 PM
You guys are ridiculous. So not cheering or abandoning the seats would be seen as a lack of support for the players but wearing paper bags or throwing jerseys on the field or cheering opposition players isn't? There's a simple and effective protest method here.

Talk to every Blue Jays and Maple Leafs fan you know (and the ones you don't), and let it be known at 4pm on friday shut down Jarvis outside the Rogers building with as many people as we can round up. Banners like "Wins>Profits" and things like that. That's a TV studio. They film live TV there all afternoon. Plus is a high traffic area. Plus would send a STRONG message to the owners of the team whats what without turning on the players. Then the next week, same thing outside the Bell offices. They're the new owners, they're the ones who have to fix this. Anselmi clearly doesn't care. His new bosses probably will.

Edit: And down the road, I plan on protesting outside Gate 5 before the Liverpool friendly. As many as wish to join, join. At least the press can see what TFCs fans think of the whole business. It's all about visibility. The more people who can see us, the bigger the stage, the more people who get annoyed or pissed off, the more embarrassing the situation is for Rogers/Bell. And believe me, CBC leading off the national news on a friday night with "Angry Toronto sports fans shut down a major artery during rush hour this evening protesting the ownership of their team, claiming Rogers and Bell media's as owners of Maple Leaf Sports...." It would be a REAL kick in the ass to them. Bring them up to speed on the situation

Edit 2: I don't see what 1 or 2 wins have to do with any of this. If ownership isn't competant a few wins isn't changing that. Anselmi needs to go no matter what happens. And they clearly need a wake up call on thinking we're an ATM they can just withdraw cash from

tiberius
04-26-2012, 09:21 PM
You guys are ridiculous. So not cheering or abandoning the seats would be seen as a lack of support for the players but wearing paper bags or throwing jerseys on the field or cheering opposition players isn't? There's a simple and effective protest method here.

Talk to every Blue Jays and Maple Leafs fan you know (and the ones you don't), and let it be known at 4pm on friday shut down Jarvis outside the Rogers building with as many people as we can round up. Banners like "Wins>Profits" and things like that. That's a TV studio. They film live TV there all afternoon. Plus is a high traffic area. Plus would send a STRONG message to the owners of the team whats what without turning on the players. Then the next week, same thing outside the Bell offices. They're the new owners, they're the ones who have to fix this. Anselmi clearly doesn't care. His new bosses probably will.

Now you are talkin' - this is the absolute only message that will be understood - real, publicized embarassment. This is the only thing that will work. Please note Waggy that this type of talk may cause bannings and execution on the RPB web site, based on past experience... lol...:):drum:

Richard
04-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Your pic is awsome Tiberius .

tiberius
04-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Your pic is awsome Tiberius .

I resurrected the squirrel from a bygone era when even a squirrel could put it in the net - one of our club's top ten funny (furry) moments! The September 2007 squirrel had the stands going wild over this rodent! "This is our squirrel! This is our squirrel!" "Sign the squirrel, sign the squirrel" As the infamously incompetent hired security goons tried in vain to wrestle this young naked fella to the ground, he elluded them all and ran into the relative safety of the opposition's net! You gotta admit - it is funnier than where we are today!

(p.s. I can't take credit, I stole the squirrel from this site...forgive me, but I can't remember who first produced the TFC mascot... perhaps someone can give credit where credit is due...??)

http://gotorontofc.com/jamey/lol_squirrel.jpg

whyalwaysme11
04-26-2012, 10:57 PM
i just sent one of my jerseys in for lettering
i stayed off the board for two weeks and feel great.
back to ignoring this garbage.

jaxul
04-26-2012, 11:36 PM
^
Your post contributed nothing to this thread...

Auzzy
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
^ I felt it added some useful perspective. Those of us who are on the boards often, may get quite wrapped up in these discussions. We may think most supporters believe one of the viewpoints frequently expressed here; or are at least interested in the discussion.

Lots of folks are probably turned off from the whole thing, for a couple of reasons.

glaze
04-27-2012, 12:01 AM
why not just wear black shirts? maybe not for the DC Game, as that is their colour, but if we're 0-7 after that game, put away the red until this thing is straightened out. At the very least, it would mean MLSE wouldn't be able to use the RPB images to market the team.
If you want to get noticed by the front office, and the media, throw some waffles. But that would have some security reprecussions for sure.

Furtado91
04-27-2012, 06:28 AM
why not just wear black shirts? maybe not for the DC Game, as that is their colour, but if we're 0-7 after that game, put away the red until this thing is straightened out. At the very least, it would mean MLSE wouldn't be able to use the RPB images to market the team.
If you want to get noticed by the front office, and the media, throw some waffles. But that would have some security reprecussions for sure.

I think wearing any colour other than red and banners and possibly not cheering for the team in the first 15 mins is possible to be effective. or better yet leaving the stands with a message in the stands (like this one protest a danish or Swedish supporters group did to protest games being on mondays)

the message could be something like: "THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF CHANGES ARE NOT MADE" or "this is what ML$E has done to our club, PUSH PEOPLE AWAY" something along those lines.

v00d00daddy
04-27-2012, 06:45 AM

I don't know how on earth this has become such a consensus like sentiment.

I get that people blame the coaching and management but to say that going 0-6 has nothing to do with the players is wrong.

It's impossible not to put some blame on the players. Even the saint like players have shit the bed at times this year and contributed to the terrible start (ie Frings' recent assist 20 seconds into a game for the opposition)

The whole club deserves to be embarrassed by whatever protest people choose to hold.

On that note...if its a management issue why no suggestions on how to humiliate Mariner?

cincy
04-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Waffles. MLSE related.

Shakes McQueen
04-27-2012, 07:55 AM
On that note...if its a management issue why no suggestions on how to humiliate Mariner?

Because it has already long since been decided who the villains are.

- Scott

Technorgasm
04-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Trane for Prime Minister.

[NBF]
04-27-2012, 08:18 AM
I got your solution to losing for a 7th straight:

The Refund Chant:

Reeeeeeeeeeeee.......Fuuuuuuuunnnnnd!!

This would be most effective IMO after the 90 minutes and through the added time.

Belfast_Boy
04-27-2012, 08:19 AM

this sounds good. I'd do it.

Cashcleaner
04-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Trane's suggestion would certainly be a powerful display, but I have my doubts that you'd get a lot of people willing to throw a hundred dollar shirt out like that. The economics just aren't in our favor on this, unfortunately. Make no mistake, it WOULD be noticed, though.

dmacd
04-27-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm an infrequent poster but enjoy reading this board primarily because you guys seems to be on top of TFC news before anyone else. I find myself depressed and confused reading threads like this, though. I'm sure I'll be labelled as a management plant for writing this, but I really don't get what you guys are trying to achieve with the constants threats of protest.

I've read several people in threads like this talk about how complacent supporters gets what they deserve when the team loses. I agree with this entirely when the team isn't trying. If I had an owner like Jeffrey Loria (Marlins) or Donald Sterling (Clippers), I'd be protesting and screaming bloody murder at every opportunity. Team like that (historically) lose because their owners are too cheap to invest in a winning team and quite frankly, don't try to do anything other than make money.

MLSE seems to get lumped into this because all their teams are awful. I just don't see it, though. For example:

- We couldn't attract players on a plastic pitch, so they invested in a grass pitch.
- The DP rule came into a effect and we used it to sign an exceptionally expensive (by MLS standards) DP. Although it's been a huge bust, the large majority of supporters (with some vocal exceptions) thought it was a great signing. I was really excited. Either way, MLSE tried.
- When the supporters got upset, they held town hall meetings, and I genuinely got the sense that they did their best to listen to and implement suggestions (where possible - they weren't ever going to drop their beer price, nor would any sensible team - we have to pay for Frings, Kovermans and JDG somehow).
- When we kept losing, they sacked Johnston (far too late, but still) and hired a well-respected consultant to set the team's direction. They entirely bought into his recommendations, building a coaching staff, training facility and academy system around it. We also went out and signed two more expensive DPs. Again, it's been a bust, but they tried.
- We clearly needed CBs in the off-season, so we traded for some depth players and signed two guys that they thought could be starters (Caicedo and Aceval).

In summary, we have a grass pitch, an unparelleled academy system and, I believe, the 3rd highest payroll in the league. I don't get how any of this lines up with the repeated "ML$E screwed us again and doesn't care about winning" comments. I met Tom Anselmi last year on the plane on the way down to Dallas (the 3-0 CCL win). He sat with the few supporters that came down, bought drinks us at halftime, and seemed genuinely bothered by the team's inability to make the playoffs. I've seen nothing that indicates that he's the problem.

As for the players, I've watched every game this year and, with a few exceptions, I've seen a team that put forth a good effort and lost. Sometimes they were unlucky, and sometimes they simply missed shots or screwed up on D. But, like club managment, I haven't seen a lack of effort. Quite frankly, I think we could be 4-2 if a few bounces had gone our way, but perhaps I'm fooling myself.

Either way, I don't see how protesting does anything other than: 1) demoralize players, 2) turn off the casual fan (which in turn lowers club revenue and our budget that can be spent on players) and 3) encourage short-term reactionary decisions (like the need to "start all over again" for the umpteenth time).

No one hates seeing a losing team more than me, but I'll always fault a lack of effort rather than results. As long as the team and club are giving their best effort, they'll have my support. I just don't see the point in protesting.

Chris Wren
04-27-2012, 09:35 AM
If people want to send a message, don't go. A mass no show is the best display. It's like a glimpse into the future if they don't turn things around. There have been too many half assed protests. Not going sends a clear message. Bags on the head is comical as much as anything. My 2 cents.

dmacd
04-27-2012, 09:49 AM
If people want to send a message, don't go. A mass no show is the best display. It's like a glimpse into the future if they don't turn things around. There have been too many half assed protests. Not going sends a clear message. Bags on the head is comical as much as anything. My 2 cents.

For what purpose? You think the team doesn't know that if they don't win more, they'll have more empty seats? What are you trying to teach them with this gesture that they don't already know? They are already way more empty seats than there used to be.

As per my post above, I believe that all you do by not showing up is make it less inspiring for the players to play and for the casual fan to attend...not to mention throwing away the value of your ticket for no reason.

Detroit_TFC
04-27-2012, 09:52 AM

Actually comical might be the best course. I want to say "I love you TFC but you are killing me."

It's embarrassing to have a team doing this poorly. I'm not enraged, I'm sad and frustrated. I don't hate TFC or even the people running it, I just want it to get better. I don't want to target the players but they should get a bit of the blame, they are the ones kicking the ball around.

Technorgasm
04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
threats of protest. .

Protests are completely fucking ridiculous.
We are ALL dissapointed with how things have gone. . .
dont like it dont go.
Just sit on here and complain all fucking day. . .

I love football, I love all of you, thats who I truly support.
What happens on the field is almost irrelevent. . I'll be in the stands regardless.
PROTESTS ARE FUICKING RIDICULOUS.
Please for the love of GOD RPB, do not support any protesting on an official level.

we deserve butter.

Cashcleaner
04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm an infrequent poster but enjoy reading this board primarily because you guys seems to be on top of TFC news before anyone else. I find myself depressed and confused reading threads like this, though. I'm sure I'll be labelled as a management plant for writing this, but I really don't get what you guys are trying to achieve with the constants threats of protest.

I've read several people in threads like this talk about how complacent supporters gets what they deserve when the team loses. I agree with this entirely when the team isn't trying. If I had an owner like Jeffrey Loria (Marlins) or Donald Sterling (Clippers), I'd be protesting and screaming bloody murder at every opportunity. Team like that (historically) lose because their owners are too cheap to invest in a winning team and quite frankly, don't try to do anything other than make money.

MLSE seems to get lumped into this because all their teams are awful. I just don't see it, though. For example:

- We couldn't attract players on a plastic pitch, so they invested in a grass pitch.

Agreed...sorta. I mean, we really should have had grass from the get-go. Unfortunately, I believe it was all part of the conditions the the club made with the city to help finance the stadium. That's why we had to wait a few years before scrapping the turf for the real deal. A good argument can be made that perhaps MLSE/TFC should have went ahead and built their own stadium to suit their specific needs. Not starting out with a grass playing surface and later making the switch isn't really a good defence of the club.

- The DP rule came into a effect and we used it to sign an exceptionally expensive (by MLS standards) DP. Although it's been a huge bust, the large majority of supporters (with some vocal exceptions) thought it was a great signing. I was really excited. Either way, MLSE tried.

The problem is that we had the opportunity to sign a DP in our first season, but didn't. We really should have at least tried to bring in a top-quality player but Mo kept pushing the bullshit that it wouldn't have fit in with his vision for the club. Perhaps most alarming was that fact that many people started to agree with him! It took almost 3 seasons before we would field a DP. Again, not really something to be all that proud off.

- When the supporters got upset, they held town hall meetings, and I genuinely got the sense that they did their best to listen to and implement suggestions (where possible - they weren't ever going to drop their beer price, nor would any sensible team - we have to pay for Frings, Kovermans and JDG somehow).

The town hall meetings are nothing new in professional sports, but I agree that some credit should be given for holding them. The problem I have with them is that while we did manage to gain some concessions from the club, for many larger issues that were brought up, the club simply was not going to budge on them no matter how many people agreed.

- When we kept losing, they sacked Johnston (far too late, but still) and hired a well-respected consultant to set the team's direction. They entirely bought into his recommendations, building a coaching staff, training facility and academy system around it. We also went out and signed two more expensive DPs. Again, it's been a bust, but they tried.

But for all we know, the club received a multitude of other recommendations that they didn't enact. What if Klinsmann recommended that the club have it's own dedicated President - and that individual should be someone other than Tom Anselmi? I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but I have always had a hard time believing that Klinsmann thought this club was okay with it's current executive structure.

- We clearly needed CBs in the off-season, so we traded for some depth players and signed two guys that they thought could be starters (Caicedo and Aceval).

I agree that we shouldn't get too hung-up over individual players who are brought in with a lot of promise but don't work out. It's just that with TFC, it seems to happen a lot more than it really should. People are frustrated because in many respects, we seem to always be one or two key players away from being playoff contenders and can never find the good combination we need.

In summary, we have a grass pitch, an unparelleled academy system and, I believe, the 3rd highest payroll in the league. I don't get how any of this lines up with the repeated "ML$E screwed us again and doesn't care about winning" comments. I met Tom Anselmi last year on the plane on the way down to Dallas (the 3-0 CCL win). He sat with the few supporters that came down, bought drinks us at halftime, and seemed genuinely bothered by the team's inability to make the playoffs. I've seen nothing that indicates that he's the problem.

I do. For all that people say he's a great guy and genuinely wants to win, that doesn't mean he has the experience or vision to be Club President. I don't hate the guy or anything, I just think that the guy in charge needs to have significantly more experience in overseeing an MLS club. Being nice to supporters and saying all the right things doesn't make him a soccer guru. I'm sure that Tom has a place within the MLSE organization, but I'm also sure it's not as the guy in charge of TFC.

As for the players, I've watched every game this year and, with a few exceptions, I've seen a team that put forth a good effort and lost. Sometimes they were unlucky, and sometimes they simply missed shots or screwed up on D. But, like club managment, I haven't seen a lack of effort. Quite frankly, I think we could be 4-2 if a few bounces had gone our way, but perhaps I'm fooling myself.

Either way, I don't see how protesting does anything other than: 1) demoralize players, 2) turn off the casual fan (which in turn lowers club revenue and our budget that can be spent on players) and 3) encourage short-term reactionary decisions (like the need to "start all over again" for the umpteenth time).

No one hates seeing a losing team more than me, but I'll always fault a lack of effort rather than results. As long as the team and club are giving their best effort, they'll have my support. I just don't see the point in protesting.

You sure about that first part? I think this club started off energetic and full of hustle, but the last three games or so have shown a very slow, very uninspiring squad. But you're right about protesting. As myself and others have mentioned before, because there have been so many marches and demonstrations in the past that were arguable unwarranted, not a lot of people are all that interested in taking part or even willing to listen to what we have to say. I'm not entirely sure a protest would be nearly as effective as we would like, let alone if it's actually even appropriate at the moment - though there have been good arguments for this recently.

You make some good points, dmacd.

trane
04-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Protests are completely fucking ridiculous.
We are ALL dissapointed with how things have gone. . .
dont like it dont go.
Just sit on here and complain all fucking day. . .

I love football, I love all of you, thats who I truly support.
What happens on the field is almost irrelevent. . I'll be in the stands regardless.
PROTESTS ARE FUICKING RIDICULOUS.
Please for the love of GOD RPB, do not support any protesting on an official level.

we deserve butter.

^ We do deserve butter on our toast.

Libra_60
04-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Dear Steve Hunt,

Thank you for your email.

We understand from your messages that you are frustrated however our fan email system is not a medium for debating the merits of our team and the decisions that those charged with managing the teams make.
Thanks again for your email and thanks for understanding.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your Comment @ 2012-04-22 14:48:03 <<<<<<<<<<<<

Subject Category: Fan Services

Our Reds have now hit rock bottom. Interviews from the players show just how hopeless the situation is in Toronto and at BMO Field. Our supporters section RPBoys and NEE have lost faith and I can't believe how quiet they were at yesterday's game and that can't happen.

We used to have the best fans in the MLS but MLSE's inability to understand how to run a football club has definitely made us look like an easy target to be the laughing stock of the league.

I have been a SSH for the past four years. I started off in section 225 and then moved to section 224 for a couple of years and now sit in section 105. The pricing of your tickets have made me move to a section I deem affordable for now any ways. But that may change at the end of this season.

The next move I make will be to cancel my Seasons. There will be a few reasons I cancel my tickets.

1. If MLSE decide to raise tickets prices next year. If they do they will clearly show that they do not care one bit about fan support and that us fans are not their top priority.
2. They need to clean house when it comes to top management of this team. The President of TFC, Tom Aselmi my apologies on the spelling, clearly is in over his head when it comes to running a sports franchise. That also goes the same for Paul Bierne who tries to be a figure head for the organization. I have nothing against them however they do not know anything about football and truly do not connect with the real TFC fan.
3. TFC need to turn this season around for me to consider investing not only my money but my time during the 6 months TFC plays during the season.

This whole situation started last season when MLSE egos got in the way of doing the right thing for Dwayne Derosario. Pay him what he was worth. But no you had to pay him a lesson by send him packing. Not only did he shoot out the lights last year for DC United he showed class leaving town. Now we are stuck with the DP player that is sitting on the bench most of the time or if not that then injured. You really made a mistake in sending Dero packing. How we could use him today. He will be here May 5th to dismantle our weak back line.

There is no incentive for the SSH holder to come to BMO anymore. Overpriced beer + food, you should be ashamed of yourselves, sub standard product on the field.

Why do you not book a rock & roll act for after one of the games to entertain us. There is lots TFC could do for the fan, you just have to think. Free giveaways to all fans, t-shirts, beer coolies, anything. Why is MLSE so cheap.

I can sum up my experience to date as this.

my season seats = $795.00
my common sense not to pay for Leaf tickets = $0.00
my common sense not to pay for Raptor tickets = $0.00
The ability to send this email to TFC and MLSE - PRICELESS.

Jeremy Roenick's rant to the NHL years ago, wake up NHL sums it up perfectly.

That's my message to MLSE (Asemli & Bierne) and how they treat their SSH, WAKE UP MLSE / TFC, WAKE UP.

Kind Regards,
Steve Hunt,
SSH - Section 105, Row 22, Seats 19& 20.

cherono
04-27-2012, 02:27 PM
"We understand from your messages that you are frustrated however our fan email system is not a medium for debating the merits of our team and the decisions that those charged with managing the teams make.
Thanks again for your email and thanks for understanding."

If they could go ahead and provide that medium then, that would be super. Though I suppose they'll stick with the tried and tested method of: "over charge, under deliver and increasingly alienate your supporters".

Chris Wren
04-27-2012, 02:30 PM
I want to clarify. I am not suggesting a big protest, I'm saying the message gets lost sometimes. I had fun, somehow, on Saturday despite the loss. My point was that if sending a message of frustration was the goal the strongest message that can be sent is a mass no show. If it were to happen I would hope the players would be rattled, not worried about their hurt feelings. My feelings have been crushed and danced on by this team for 5 plus seasons.

Technorgasm
04-27-2012, 02:58 PM
^ We do deserve butter on our toast.

dont mean to brag
dont mean to boast
but we desrve butter on our Breakfast toast!

http://www.tbwe.com/pub/categoryitems/Sugar_Hill_Gang_tn.jpg

If they lose the next home game. . . so be it.
But if they fail to SCORE in the next home game.
I'm throwing butter on the field.

trane
04-27-2012, 03:56 PM
^ Well they defend like they are running on butter.

Yeoman
04-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Actually comical might be the best course. I want to say "I love you TFC but you are killing me."

It's embarrassing to have a team doing this poorly. I'm not enraged, I'm sad and frustrated. I don't hate TFC or even the people running it, I just want it to get better. I don't want to target the players but they should get a bit of the blame, they are the ones kicking the ball around.

this is what it is for me.
i've worn these colours in combat. i love this team so much that i got their crest put onto my body. but my god, put the effort in and i will show my love. it's just frustrating to see how it is.

Bars92
04-27-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm going to throw an old Liverpool top on the field! That should send a msg to the FO , EAT IT!

Abou Sky
04-27-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't know who threw the scarf last week but a LOT of people noticed it and said 'whoa'

It is a big deal IMO, just shy of shitting on the pitch.

Maybe I am overdramatizing it but I don't know if I am there yet...

A lit jersey would be alright though.

Code Red
04-27-2012, 08:08 PM
I could get behind the paper bag idea.

Here's another: we set up the railing banners, put the drum down, lean the flags against the railings and then empty 112 out. We don't need to boycott the game, but we 'appear' to boycott the game. All we really do is move into 111 or 113, etc. I am sure there would be plenty of room.

We would probably have to leave a few 'heavys' on the edge of 113 to make sure no one touches our stuff, but the empty section would make a statement for sure.

A lot of good ideas in this thread but one sticks out the most for me and it's this one here. To me, this kind of protest would deliver since it can be noticed not only at the stadium, but TV as well. As we all know, the RPB corner can be seen everytime the camera goes to a bird's eye view and especially on corner kicks. Such a display should certainly serve notice to FO/management that we are no longer willing to put up with this mess.

C.Ronaldo
04-27-2012, 08:28 PM
A lot of good ideas in this thread but one sticks out the most for me and it's this one here. To me, this kind of protest would deliver since it can be noticed not only at the stadium, but TV as well. As we all know, the RPB corner can be seen everytime the camera goes to a bird's eye view and especially on corner kicks. Such a display should certainly serve notice to FO/management that we are no longer willing to put up with this mess.

This is a great idea

123 elite
04-27-2012, 08:59 PM

You raise a lot of interesting points. I tend to think when a sports organisation organises 'townhalls' they have lost the plot. If you have to go your customers to ask how to improve a product to me it suggests you have no plan or vision or understanding of the business you are in. Imagine Steve jobs going online saying ... i make computers but hey guys what would you like them to be like. Its nonsense. As far as Winter goes he is just the worst high turnover manager we have had. One of the big problems here is that practically everyone has played for us. His turnover of players is off the scale. He turns over his own players FFS. Where MLSE come in is that they have let it go because they have no understanding of how football works. We had a half decent team the NYRB meltdown season. Who is left? Frei and JDG as 1st team players? We had something to work with. Now what have we got? A team full of strangers. MLSE are so clued out that they can't see when that kind of player turnover is detrimental to the club. A 5 year old kid could tell you its better to play a pro sport like football on grass so getting grass isn't not exactly a 'knock it out of the park' business plan. As far as 4-2 if bounces had gone the right way.... that's football. It goes both ways. We could have easily lost to LA and Santos at home. We are consistently on the wrong end of that. But you can't make an arguement out of coulda shoulda. We lost those league games. When we might have beat Chicago they actually did beat us and hit the post. They did it on half the attacking chances and they knew our weaknesses. Based on what i have seen we are the team that needs to knock it out of the park just to get a draw these days. and we are at this stage in part because of a lack of understanding of what is required to compete and win by MLSE. As for effort ... how do you measure it ? You can't really. Is JDg jogging back while while the opposing team heads goalward effort ? Is Danny K all teeth gnashing kicking the goalpost effort ? Or is JDG running back effort and Danny K getting some exercise effort. Everyone has a different opinion on what effort actually is. But you can't measure it.

Just One Man
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Even one shirt makes a significant symbolic impact. You just need to make sure the jersey gets far enough on to the pitch to be noticed.

Frankly I love almost every idea I have read. So long as your actions are not dangerous or egregiously offensive, I say go nuts!

Kyle_121
04-27-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm going to throw an old Liverpool top on the field! That should send a msg to the FO , EAT IT!

Technotardasm will grab it before it hits the pitch.

tiberius
04-28-2012, 05:01 AM

.... insert grass pitch, Mista, JDG, town halls, Klinsman, academy, on and on and on...

Depressed and confused huh? Join the club.

As we drift into discussions from time to time on how we might express our displeasure with the current situation, most of us know, in our heart of hearts, that Elvis left the building in the fall of 2008. Those first two years were very, very special and unique for those involved. Since 2008, it has become very apparent that the bean counters are in charge of a bureaucracy that have had no idea how to run a football club, select a good management team, compile and manage and mentor a good group of soccer players, or nurture an incredible fan base that was like no other in North America.

For me, it is the last item that is unforgivable. That is what has broken the back of the supporters of this club. Anybody with a marketing course in high school could do a decent job of managing the TFC fan base. I would be embarrassed to work for Toronto FC marketing department, given that their customer relations are so poor - I would definitely end up being depressed and confused!g:D

Friendly games against no name teams (charged to season ticket holders at double price), marlie ransom packs, relentless price hikes when the team has never performed, $150-$300 Real Madrid tickets when Seattle got Barcelona for free... white? yes white season ticket holder scarves in year five, cut-rate tickets on travelzoo... did I mention beer prices? These are just a few of many, many examples that have contributed to the utter shredding of the relationship that fans wanted to have with this club. Yes fans and supporters wanted a real, honest to goodness relationship with the club, but ML$E has demonstrated at every turn that all they wanted was a financial relationship. SHOW ME THE MONEY! They are incapable of developing a meaningful relationship with fans and supporters - we are dealing with a sociopath. Now that I say that, I really wonder what it is like in the TFC locker room...??

Back to your original question - "what you guys are trying to achieve with the constants threats of protest"

Given the legion number of indignities done to the fans and supporters alike, it boils down to Dignity and Respect. This city opened up their hearts to this football club in 2007 + 2008 - they clearly signalled on all fronts that they wanted a relationship. Instead, ML$E has stomped on our foot, spit in our face, gave everyone a double face slap and to add insult to injury they stole our wallet! (that is without talking about the product on the field, player mismanagement nor all the other backroom shenanigans!!!) Until this indignity done to fans has been truly addressed and the relationship mended, this team will never be as great as it could be. A great relationship with your support base can make you wildly successful financially when the product on the field is great, and that relationship, if nurtured, can reap financial rewards when the product on the field is suffering.

Those who still follow and care about this team are currently in a hopeless situation beyond our control - protest is one of the few avenues still open. Protest have been known to topple governments, change corporate policy etc... Experience of the last 3-4 years suggests protest may have been (at best) mildly effective with TFC, but with the downward spiral this team is in, I am not sure at this time, pointing out the obvious will have any effect. It might us feel better tho...

Pookie
04-28-2012, 05:41 AM
MLSE won't care if you throw jerseys, that just means they will try and sell more jerseys.

For sure they'd collect them and turn it into something profitable.

Maybe we'd see an auction for "Fan Worn" jerseys.

Or get an "authentic" jersey in our season ticket package next year... mustard stains and all.

Pookie
04-28-2012, 05:48 AM
... I tend to think when a sports organisation organises 'townhalls' they have lost the plot. If you have to go your customers to ask how to improve a product to me it suggests you have no plan or vision or understanding of the business you are in. Imagine Steve jobs going online saying ... i make computers but hey guys what would you like them to be like. Its nonsense...

I get what you are saying but maybe another analogy would work. The most "innovative" companies tend to look at how their users want to use their product and then adapt to make it possible.

Apple nearly disappeared when it forced users to buy its own printers and other hardware based on the belief that it's operating system/platform was superior to anything the Windows world had to offer (and maybe it was). But Mr Gates laughed all the way to the bank by making his code available for a multiple hardware platforms and manufactuers and consumers took to it like glue.

Apple also nearly screwed up by intially trying to control App development for their iPad/iPhone applications. The phone has a "cool" interface and some solid programming behind it but the wide availability of the apps are what sells it. Again, users make Apple what it is today and most innovation comes from Apple simply creating the platform and then supporting users in how they want to use it.

narduch
04-28-2012, 07:06 AM
I get what you are saying but maybe another analogy would work. The most "innovative" companies tend to look at how their users want to use their product and then adapt to make it possible.

Apple nearly disappeared when it forced users to buy its own printers and other hardware based on the belief that it's operating system/platform was superior to anything the Windows world had to offer (and maybe it was). But Mr Gates laughed all the way to the bank by making his code available for a multiple hardware platforms and manufactuers and consumers took to it like glue.

Apple also nearly screwed up by intially trying to control App development for their iPad/iPhone applications. The phone has a "cool" interface and some solid programming behind it but the wide availability of the apps are what sells it. Again, users make Apple what it is today and most innovation comes from Apple simply creating the platform and then supporting users in how they want to use it.

Not sure why you are using Apple. The company is the complete opposite of what you are saying.

You should read the book on Steve Jobs. The guy pretty much did whatever the fuck he wanted and essentially told the consumer what it wanted. He NEVER listened to his customer.

Pookie
04-28-2012, 08:14 AM
I worked for Apple for many years. Pretty sure I am familiar with Jobs' personality and the culture that almost sent them to bankruptcy along with the user led resurgence.

cmonyoureds
04-28-2012, 08:26 AM
If you want to know what works and gets attention just ask anyone who didn't buy seats this year. Or who dropped season's and went down to partials. And lastly those who dropped partials and bought nothing.

Lemme tell ya, the personal attention and service I've recieved through ticket rep phonecalls has been amazing. Used my name, called me a valued customer, blah blah blah. They even call back just to check up on you throughout the season!

The only thing that gets their attention is rear ends in seats. Otherwise it's a lot of fuss about nothing. They didn't freeze prices cause we wore green, they could care less about the "day of silence" because the people were still in the stadium.

Technorgasm
04-28-2012, 08:32 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/538817_387278824649999_249469905097559_1145326_214 3928983_n.jpg

narduch
04-28-2012, 08:41 AM
I worked for Apple for many years. Pretty sure I am familiar with Jobs' personality and the culture that almost sent them to bankruptcy along with the user led resurgence.

Which makes the fact that you are wrong about Apple's customer service even more mind boggling.

Apple is known for doing it their own way, in spite of what customers want.

AL-MO
04-28-2012, 09:57 AM
You raise a lot of interesting points. I tend to think when a sports organisation organises 'townhalls' they have lost the plot. If you have to go your customers to ask how to improve a product to me it suggests you have no plan or vision or understanding of the business you are in. Imagine Steve jobs going online saying ... i make computers but hey guys what would you like them to be like. Its nonsense. As far as Winter goes he is just the worst high turnover manager we have had. One of the big problems here is that practically everyone has played for us. His turnover of players is off the scale. He turns over his own players FFS. Where MLSE come in is that they have let it go because they have no understanding of how football works. We had a half decent team the NYRB meltdown season. Who is left? Frei and JDG as 1st team players? We had something to work with. Now what have we got? A team full of strangers. MLSE are so clued out that they can't see when that kind of player turnover is detrimental to the club. A 5 year old kid could tell you its better to play a pro sport like football on grass so getting grass isn't not exactly a 'knock it out of the park' business plan. As far as 4-2 if bounces had gone the right way.... that's football. It goes both ways. We could have easily lost to LA and Santos at home. We are consistently on the wrong end of that. But you can't make an arguement out of coulda shoulda. We lost those league games. When we might have beat Chicago they actually did beat us and hit the post. They did it on half the attacking chances and they knew our weaknesses. Based on what i have seen we are the team that needs to knock it out of the park just to get a draw these days. and we are at this stage in part because of a lack of understanding of what is required to compete and win by MLSE. As for effort ... how do you measure it ? You can't really. Is JDg jogging back while while the opposing team heads goalward effort ? Is Danny K all teeth gnashing kicking the goalpost effort ? Or is JDG running back effort and Danny K getting some exercise effort. Everyone has a different opinion on what effort actually is. But you can't measure it.

Were you around the Mo years? Because player turnover was MUCH worse then.

AL-MO
04-28-2012, 10:02 AM
I don't know who threw the scarf last week but a LOT of people noticed it and said 'whoa'

2 weeks in a row now. Someone must be pissed.

Pookie
04-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Which makes the fact that you are wrong about Apple's customer service even more mind boggling.

Apple is known for doing it their own way, in spite of what customers want.

apple is highly inflexible and anyone that works with them in retail knows it.

That said, decisions like making itunes available for the PC, opening source code to developers were behiund their resurgence. Simply saying that giving customers what they want is good business and fuels your own future pipeline.

bertal
04-28-2012, 11:00 AM
boo every pass if they are 3-0 down

Island Man
04-28-2012, 11:08 AM
boo every pass if they are 3-0 down

And what will this achieve?

Azerban
04-28-2012, 01:14 PM

♫ if dero scores, we're on the pitch
if dero scores, we're on the pitch ♫

TFC USA
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm all for it.

My tolerance for supporting the team and players is done. Fuck management and fuck this franchise. No one should spend another dime no a losing product. Do you go to a terrible rock band's concerts every time to support them and their cause to hope they get better? No you boo them.

This team isn't getting better. It's the worst pro soccer team in the whole of the Western Hemisphere over the last 6 years. Jollyfuck United from South England could come and beat this team 5-1.

They are humiliating, they are worthless, and are going backwards when every other team in the league is looking forwards. The joke needs to end.

If they lose the next home game start protesting, start chanting, voice your displeasure, this apology bullshit means nothing when MLSE keeps putting out awful teams.

T-boy
04-28-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't think any of the ideas on this thread - silent protests, sitting down protests, anything like that, won't effect management at all. All that will just piss off the players.

The only REAL protest that will work for us, is for a couple of thousand supporters to stand outside the main stand after the game for at least an hour, chanting for Winter/managements dismissal. But we need a lot of people - a hundred RPB's won't effect anything. We need NUMBERS of supporters to do this, at least a thousand.

C.Barrett19
04-28-2012, 03:13 PM
why not just have a home game where all the rpb dont show up? wouldn't that send the best msg?

ChrisFizik
04-28-2012, 03:33 PM

lol indeed

Belfast_Boy
04-28-2012, 04:53 PM

he's a....

http://glothelegend.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/bad-motherfucker1.gif?w=655

T-boy
04-28-2012, 07:29 PM
why not just have a home game where all the rpb dont show up? wouldn't that send the best msg?

The issue with that is that half of the people in 112 and 113 aren't in the SG's, so they will just turn up as usual anyways.

Yeoman
04-28-2012, 07:53 PM
The issue with that is that half of the people in 112 and 113 aren't in the SG's, so they will just turn up as usual anyways.

as the great chad kruger once said
'don't tell me what to doooooooooaaaaaahhhhhhhh'

Flipityflu
04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
i actually like the pitch invasion idea myself. MLSE would get fined for that would they not? if so, thats the kind of message you send...something that costs MLSE money.

ExiledRed
04-28-2012, 11:59 PM
i actually like the pitch invasion idea myself. MLSE would get fined for that would they not? if so, thats the kind of message you send...something that costs MLSE money.

tut tut tut, Flipity ....

Flipityflu
04-29-2012, 03:32 AM
tut tut tut, Flipity ....

well, its not like my opinion counts for anything since i'm no longer a paying customer.

tfc2008
04-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Problem is you guys understand nothing about soccer and patient,you guys dont understand you cant build a team in one year.
better trow your tickets away so someone who understand about building a team can buy it.

trane
04-29-2012, 08:17 AM
^ ahahahahahahah. That is a good one. Thanks for the laugh.

[NBF]
04-29-2012, 08:26 AM

Does anyone remember that South Park where they decide to moon the substitute teacher simultaniously, and Cartman ends up being the only guy doing it. Hahaha.

Furtado91
04-29-2012, 09:53 AM
I just want some sort of protest. I want the people at management to see we wont take this shit any longer. and to make them look bad. that is all, how we do it i do not care but 0-7 this season is pretty much freaking done and its not even may.

bigredone
04-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I just want some sort of protest. I want the people at management to see we wont take this shit any longer. and to make them look bad. that is all, how we do it i do not care but 0-7 this season is pretty much freaking done and its not even may.

Time and place? Next Sat? Let me know!

Furtado91
04-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Time and place? Next Sat? Let me know!

like others have mentioned I say a ton of us not go to the next game, and those that end up going just sit down and not chant, don't bring flags or banners (unless its criticizing management and this season) and just dont chant.

though putting up a banner in an empty section tends to send a better message.

bigredone
04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
I hope to meet many of you then! If we soak our scarves and shirts (or jerseys for those who have cash) they will make it onto the pitch when tossed. What to soak them in is up to you!

Jack
04-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Please note Waggy that this type of talk may cause bannings and execution on the RPB web site, based on past experience... lol...:):drum:
Please note that this statement is completely full of unadulterated shit... lol... :) :drum:

Jack
04-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Well, at the very least, this statement should cost them money on extra paid duty cops g:D

Flipityflu
04-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Well, at the very least, this statement should cost them money on extra paid duty cops g:D

by the way, sorry if i crossed lines with that suggestion. to any BMO Field/MLSE employee's, i won't be at the match, so therefore won't be a security threat. i will not be handcuffing myself to a goal post :).

Mishko
04-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Might be a tad late, but I'm ready to throw my kit on the pitch if we take another loss.

boozilla
05-09-2012, 12:32 AM
The SSH scrarves represent +5 years of disappointment.
I've got about seven and would happily drape one at field level and just leave it.
Spring cleaning, recycling or protest, whatever. Just a thought.

adamdz
05-09-2012, 06:09 AM
Only if the whole stadium deposits them right on the field after the next loss. That would be a fitting form of donation

Fort York Redcoat
05-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Here's another thread discussing the possibility of people throwing TFC merch on the pitch.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31587-NEXT-HOME-GAME-If-we-do-not-win-I-am-going-to-throw-a-TFC-jersey-back-onto-the-pitch&highlight=game

I saw the number grow from 1 scarf (the same one I believe) thrown for 3 games to 2 scarves last match. So that would make the demonstration upwards of 3.

Fort York Redcoat
05-09-2012, 06:19 AM

And industrious. It's now up to 3 and it's the same scarf wrapped with an elastic. So I guess they really thought it through.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg

__wowza
05-09-2012, 07:31 AM
boozilla (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?24355-boozilla): merged your thread with this one as a catch-all for "returned" TFC merchandise.

TOBOR !
05-09-2012, 09:16 AM
meh... I can't be arsed to go to games. I can't be arsed to protest. I'm just gonna let my STs run out and not renew them. I don't give a shit about them right now.

I have to jump through too many hoops in order to get to games and inconvenience too many people - and for what ?

However, if you guys want to do something, how about loads of Winter heads (enlarge a b/w pic of him and cut it out) and a chant made up from one of his catch phrases.

and a banner like this one :

Now is the winter of our discontent

trane
05-09-2012, 09:19 AM
^ I like that.

TOBOR !
05-09-2012, 09:36 AM
.. and then if you want, why not wear a cheap red necktie to the game as well, and throw those on the field at the end of the game (if they lose) ?

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1336069754338_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

ginkster88
05-09-2012, 10:13 AM
They do look cheap, don't they.

SmokedPanda
05-09-2012, 10:22 AM
"it is Spring, Winter should be gone" would make a good banner

jabbronies
05-09-2012, 10:36 AM
I was pretty fucking close to taking my jersey off last game and throwing it on the pitch... But I thought twice about the possibility of having to buy another jersey down the road when I wasn't as pissed with the team.

Kudos to anyone who does though. It could be viewed as a bit of a defeatist attitude though, kind of like a throw in the towel sort of idea. but it's still a bold statement to do it.

Don Julio
05-09-2012, 10:48 AM
.. and then if you want, why not wear a cheap red necktie to the game as well, and throw those on the field at the end of the game (if they lose) ?

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1336069754338_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

This is actually kind of clever... Make sure it's tied though. (Not that I support your message, but I like the medium, haha)

Cristiano14
05-09-2012, 01:09 PM
http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/WinterIsComing-tn1-289x289-custom.jpg

Relja
05-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Im surprised there hasnt been any Game of Thrones referencing like "Winter Is Going/Coming"