04-25-2012, 01:10 PM
TFC did a follow up on Zac Herold:
http://www.torontofc.ca/blog/mike-ulmer

Canada72
04-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Didn't mention his DUI
http://www.arrestcentral.com/zachary-c-herold/
http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Zachary_Herold_5775590/

If the DUI is true (and it looks like it) I lost respect for him.

GabrielHurl
04-25-2012, 03:07 PM
In a roundabout way - they did

Zac’s prospects seemed to brighten this fall when he landed a spot as an assistant coach with the University of South Florida’s men’s soccer team in Tampa. It didn’t last.

“I just couldn’t handle it,” Zac said. “I still want so badly to play the game of soccer and I was watching players my age running onto the pitch. I was thinking about it 24 hours a day.”

Shock eventually whirlpooled into depression. For the last several weeks Zac has used anti-depressants. The fog in his mind is beginning to clear but he is still trapped in the cleave between what he thought he would be and what he will become.

Flipityflu
04-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Didn't mention his DUI
http://www.arrestcentral.com/zachary-c-herold/
http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Zachary_Herold_5775590/

If the DUI is true (and it looks like it) I lost respect for him.

that maybe a little harsh. he's young, and had his dreams taken away from him. can you blame him for going on a downward spiral?

eustacchio
04-25-2012, 03:26 PM
It doesn't mean he had to drive.

jaahuuu
04-25-2012, 03:38 PM
that maybe a little harsh. he's young, and had his dreams taken away from him. can you blame him for going on a downward spiral?
Florida Penalties for DUI First Conviction

Fine - $250 to $500
Community Service - 50 Hours
Probation - Not more than 1 Year
Imprisonment - Not more than 6 Months
Imprisonment with BAL of .08 or higher with a minor in the vehicle, not more than 9 months
License Revocation - Minimum of 180 days
DUI School - 12 Hours

Since he's under 21 he automatically lost his license for 6 months for being over .02 BAC, doesn't seem worth it to me.

ryan
04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
It doesn't mean he had to drive.

I don't condone what he did, but I'm not going to pretend I have the slightest idea of what it would feel like to train your entire life to become a pro soccer player, and have it taken away by a unforeseen health complication right before your career begins. Having your entire life tore to shreds in basically a moment would certainly get the better of many people.

eustacchio
04-25-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't condone what he did, but I'm not going to pretend I have the slightest idea of what it would feel like to train your entire life to become a pro soccer player, and have it taken away by a unforeseen health complication right before your career begins. Having your entire life tore to shreds in basically a moment would certainly get the better of many people.

I'm not pretending either (and can't). One thing that would have made it much worse though was if he drunkenly killed someone.

Couchy81
04-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm not pretending either (and can't). One thing that would have made it much worse though was if he drunkenly killed someone.

He got lucky. Hopefully the consequences will snap him back to reality, he is young as hell and can do anything he wants... other than play soccer.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
04-25-2012, 05:33 PM
If our beloved mayor can get a DUI in Florida (plus possession of marijuana) while a sitting councillor and still be elected mayor, why should we hold a kid whose dreams have just been crushed to a higher standard?

SoccMan
04-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Could not agree with you more " VoxPopuliCosmicum" we have a mayor here in Toronto who was up with the same charges and more as you stated and he seems to have done pretty good for himself.

Brooker
04-25-2012, 07:40 PM
How does a bunch of absolute idiots voting for a piece of shit like Ford excuse another person for being a DD? g:D

Razcle
05-05-2012, 06:48 AM

Not going to try and change your opinion on the situation, but if the kid was not drunk, there is no reason to suggest he would have killed anyone. Many people can and have gone above the limit and can drive no problem. It's the idiots that go beyond that point and compromise their ability to perform behind the wheel. Don't know this specific situation to comment, but to me it sounds a bit harsh

Mark in Ottawa
05-05-2012, 10:08 AM
One thing that would have made it much worse though was if he drunkenly killed someone.

^^ True but then again we have examples like Dany Heatley who did just that and just moved on with his life.
I realize the situations were different. Heatley was still a player.

Herold needs counseling before he spirals out of control and possibly ruins what can still be a long and productive life.

eustacchio
05-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Not going to try and change your opinion on the situation, but if the kid was not drunk, there is no reason to suggest he would have killed anyone. Many people can and have gone above the limit and can drive no problem. It's the idiots that go beyond that point and compromise their ability to perform behind the wheel. Don't know this specific situation to comment, but to me it sounds a bit harsh

Fair engouh. I'm not sure how drunk he was either, so, yeah, maybe a bit harsh.

I just think that a DUI is the most avoidable of driving infractions. That was my main point.

lerxst
05-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah but he didn't and I'm sure that he's very sorry.

RedDevils
05-06-2012, 01:45 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Mtfqa.jpg?1

This shit is inexcusable. Stay off the roads.