-------------Frings--------------
--------Avila------Silva----------
Johnson----Koev------Soolsma

Auzzy
04-24-2012, 01:15 PM
LOL WUT pre-game thread?! ;)

Auzzy
04-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Kurtis Larson tweeted that Danny K & Soolsma are still questionable for Saturday.

I'f he's back, I would put Soolsma on the right, Johnson on the left, otherwise looks pretty good to me!

Not totally sure if Emory over Morgan at LB, but was it vs Seattle that Emory looked decent at LB IIRC?

Nuvinho
04-24-2012, 01:26 PM
-------------Kocic----------------
Ecks---Williams---Cann----Hall
--------Avila------Silva----------
Lambe----Johnson------Plata

Roogsy
04-24-2012, 01:36 PM
No Danny? No Soolsma?

Oh boy...

Still, I called for a win against Chicago and it didn't happen (althought we did score two goals) and given this week's drama, I think there will be some motivation for the team to step up. With that considered, RSL is a top team in this league and getting a win in Salt Lake is as hard as it gets in this league.

So I am calling for a 2-2 draw.

Ben - D.O.W.
04-24-2012, 02:16 PM
I would gladly take a draw away at RSL. I'd love to keep some optimism about this game but after the past couple of weeks expectations are pretty low.

ManUtd4ever
04-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but TFC has never faired well historically at Salt Lake City, and the morale of the players is probably at an all time low. I would be shocked if TFC earned a result this weekend.

ExiledRed
04-24-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but TFC has never faired well historically at Salt Lake City, and the morale of the players is probably at an all time low. I would be shocked if TFC earned a result this weekend.

What you dont remember Dichio and Cunninghams one-two that lead to Cunny's ping-pong goal? That was awesome and we won 2-1 I think.

trane
04-24-2012, 02:46 PM
I do not know what to think. I do not know what to expect.

The approach I would take as always is a very defenisve one, try to ensure some points. A 4-1-4-1, It would look like;

-------------Kocic----------------
Ecks------Henry---Cann------Morgan
SIlva-----?-------- ?-------Avila
-----------Johnson-------------

The two solid box to box midfielders that we do not have, would be key.

kuku
04-24-2012, 02:48 PM
0-7.......on its way.

trane
04-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Cann is also listed as inactive.

Fort York Redcoat
04-24-2012, 03:01 PM

What you dont remember Dichio and Cunninghams one-two that lead to Cunny's ping-pong goal? That was awesome and we won 2-1 I think.

And last year. There was just as much likelihood of winning that one. The difference being they were stronger then now we both are weaker teams.

Island Man
04-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Cann is also listed as inactive.

Yeah don't listen to that, been like it forever.

trane
04-24-2012, 03:07 PM
^ Some good news.

I was trying to remember who our big CB singing was. Thats right Emory. The second comming of Nesta, not Alesandro but Marley.

DangerRed
04-24-2012, 03:09 PM
What, aside from sheer hope, would make anyone think that anything but a defeat is possible here? I'm being serious, just honestly trying to see how we're going to beat a team who knows our system, plays at altitude at home and is objectively better than us in every measurable way?

trane
04-24-2012, 03:15 PM
^ Dude, did I not make my point clear, we will not give up a goal because we singend Logan "Nesta" Emory. He was the best CB in Puerto Rico for a couple of games last season.

trane
04-24-2012, 03:19 PM
I found the solution.

------------Frei---Kocic----------------
Ecks------Henry---Cann------Morgan
SIlva------------?---------Avila
-----------Johnson-------------

We will play 2-4-1-3-1. CLEAN SHEET.

(Maybe an extra mid or two may help as well)

ExiledRed
04-24-2012, 03:20 PM
What, aside from sheer hope, would make anyone think that anything but a defeat is possible here? I'm being serious, just honestly trying to see how we're going to beat a team who knows our system, plays at altitude at home and is objectively better than us in every measurable way?

footballs a funny game, and can be won by an inferior team with sheer grit and determination on any given day.

Something about cornering a rat... Winter's definitely in a corner right now, we'll see how sharp his teeth really are.

tfcleeds
04-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Even if we do somehow manage to turn this season around, I don't see it happening starting with this game. I'll be ecstatic with a draw. Of couse, I will be more than happy to eat crow if TFC do manage to win this.

trane
04-24-2012, 03:23 PM
"sheer grit and determination"= Danny Dichio.

trane
04-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I have to ask for those who think that Winter should stay, why are you not comming out and saying we can and will win this? If we do not win it, that will be 7 games without a win, 7 games with 1 points out of 21, the only way for Winter to start turning the season around and start convincing people that he shoudl stay is with a win. But know everyone is comming out like a win is impossible, after all we are playing Real Salt Lake at home, they may as well be Real Madrid.

If Winter wants to stay, in Winter wants the playoffs he needs the win.

You know how easy it is to win. Clean Sheet and one goal, that is a win. Are you telling me that Real Salt lake is a top world class side, that cannot be kept scoreless? Are you telling me that they are a defensive fortress? Neither are true, they are a mediocre professional team, just as we are, and if you defending with grit and determination, on most nights you should have a clean sheet, and if you attack with the same grit and intellignece you should be able to score one goal. It is not rocket sience we are not playing Bayern Munich or Napoli, we are playing Real Salt Lake.

But to beat any team you need to resepct your opponent and concetrate and defend for 90 plus minutes, and you need to finish your chances.

ExiledRed
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
I have to ask for those who think that Winter should stay, why are you not comming out and saying we can and will win this? If we do not win it, that will be 7 games without a win, 7 games with 1 points out of 21, the only way for Winter to start turning the season around and starting to convince people that he shoudl stay is with a win. But know everyone is comming out like a win is impossible, after all we are playing Real Salt Lake at home, they may as well be Real Madrid.

I think in many ways theres a lot of ass covering going on.

Nobody is confident we can win, and hey, even if we had a winning record this season there would be no guarantee for this one, but if we do lose there's going to be an increased furore from the anti-winter camp.

Similarly, a win will become a rallying call for the opposite camp, so the escalation of this debate is inevitable whatever happens.

Belfast_Boy
04-24-2012, 03:38 PM

you had to say it like that huh............ I was trying to muster up some hope.... so much for that.

trane
04-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I think in many ways theres a lot of ass covering going on.

Nobody is confident we can win, and hey, even if we had a winning record this season there would be no guarantee for this one, but if we do lose there's going to be an increased furore from the anti-winter camp.

Similarly, a win will become a rallying call for the opposite camp, so the escalation of this debate is inevitable whatever happens.

I understand it. But if Winter can rally the troops and win this one, he would sillence me for at least another game, and if he won a couple of more after, he may get my support untill the midle of the seaon. But he needs to show me something now. I am tiered of these exuses, that we give this team and the FO. Even if we have a full bench playing if we are organized and tight, we can win, we have the players that can score, now we need to defend for 90 minutes. WInter needs this. We need it.

Or I will be asking the players for their shirts. (JOKE)

This manager this team, has to put up or shut up at some point, the time is way past due. it needs to win, and then win some more.

[ and clearly I am not pretending that my opinion counts for anythign vis a vis winter]

tfcleeds
04-24-2012, 03:48 PM
But to beat any team you need to resepct your opponent and concetrate and defend for 90 plus minutes, and you need to finish your chances.Well, this is the key, isn't it? It would be easier to believe if TFC had even seemed remotely capable of staunch defending so far in their matches this season. I disagree with your assessment of RSL. No, they are not unbeatable, but they are far and away the best team we have faced so far this season, yes, even Seattle and LA included. Beating them on their home turf will require a fortitude the likes of which we have not seen from TFC so far this season (in the league, at least).

trane
04-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Well, this is the key, isn't it? It would be easier to believe if TFC had even seemed remotely capable of staunch defending so far in their matches this season. I disagree with your assessment of RSL. No, they are not unbeatable, but they are far and away the best team we have faced so far this season, yes, even Seattle and LA included. Beating them on their home turf will require a fortitude the likes of which we have not seen from TFC so far this season (in the league, at least).

We have not seen it this year, or last. BUT this is by all means a play off game for Winter and the Club, if he wants to keep our chances alive, he must win. The rubber must hit the road, if he deserves to stay the manager, he has dug himself a hole, he must dig himself out, NOW, or he must be replaced. You cannot have it both ways, give him a chance, and another, and another, this is his chance to prove that he should stay. That is how it works in the real world, outside of Toronto sports. This his team win with it. He wins, he gets a chance to manage again next week.

Roogsy
04-24-2012, 04:05 PM

Honestly? Because the team can't go winless all year (I think) and like someone else mentioned, TFC seems to win in the most improbable times. So I think it's possible, but yeah, very unlikely. After all, the sun eventually shines on a monkey's ass.

But I am going to hedge my bets and at least hope and expect for a draw.

The truth is though that anything short of a win just puts another nail in the coffin that is this season anyways, so to me a draw is very much like a loss.

Shakes McQueen
04-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Logic would dictate we will probably lose, but then, logic probably would have dictated that we would lose that CCL game in LA. This is a chance for Winter and the team to show us something. We will have Frings, which is important.

- Scott

trane
04-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Honestly? Because the team can't go winless all year (I think) and like someone else mentioned, TFC seems to win in the most improbable times. So I think it's possible, but yeah, very unlikely. After all, the sun eventually shines on a monkey's ass.

But I am going to hedge my bets and at least hope and expect for a draw.

The truth is though that anything short of a win just puts another nail in the coffin that is this season anyways, so to me a draw is very much like a loss.

Exaclty. The team must understand this.

asterix606
04-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Would anyone know our all time results @ Real Salt Lake? + GF and GA?

Abou Sky
04-24-2012, 05:56 PM

What else is there? We hope, we dream, we beleive.

It's our team, and football is unpredictable.

denime
04-24-2012, 06:39 PM
What else is there? We hope, we dream, we beleive.

It's our team, and football is unpredictable.

That's the spirit, and according to coach Winter we are good to turn this ship around,Playoffs 2012 here we come.:hide:

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/04/24/aron-winter-april-24-2012

ryan
04-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Frings will win this one by himself. He's going to go all Germinator on these Salty fucks.

ag futbol
04-24-2012, 08:20 PM
I was interested in the odds for this game, so I took a peak. Not too surprising i guess, although 700 seems a little nuts

RSL Vs. TFC -238 / +320 / +700
http://www.sportspunter.com/betting

narduch
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
I was interested in the odds for this game, so I took a peak. Not too surprising i guess, although 700 seems a little nuts

That's not too surprising, TFC were the underdogs at home last Saturday v. Chicago.

spe18
04-24-2012, 08:31 PM

And these numbers mean???!!!!!

narduch
04-24-2012, 08:44 PM

It means that TFC are heavy underdogs.

ag futbol
04-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

You have to bet 2.38 on a RSL win to get an additional $1.00 back
You have to bet 1.00 on a Tie to get back an additional $3.20
You have to bet 1.00 on a TFC win to get back an additional $7.00

Basically we're like the pencil-neck kid at school fighting Mike Tyson. Except in this case Mike Tyson is mormon ...

denime
04-24-2012, 08:53 PM

It's time to make some $$$ on TFC,why should always ML$E be the one making big $$$.:ihih:

RedsYNWA
04-25-2012, 09:11 AM
RSL wins 3-1
4-1
2-1
3-0
2-1
TFC wins 2-1 in 2007

RedsYNWA
04-25-2012, 09:12 AM
^^^ That is our all time record @ RSL

Canary10
04-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

You have to bet 2.38 on a RSL win to get an additional $1.00 back
You have to bet 1.00 on a Tie to get back an additional $3.20
You have to bet 1.00 on a TFC win to get back an additional $7.00

Basically we're like the pencil-neck kid at school fighting Mike Tyson. Except in this case Mike Tyson is mormon ...

How do you make a bet on this game? I'd bet $100 on TFC winning with those odds. Now that they're completely written off, playing one of the top teams in the league in their home stadium. If TFC are true to form, they'll confound everyone and win this game.

Couchy81
04-25-2012, 11:42 AM
It is MLS, I guess anything can happen. It's just really hard to imagine a win for this game. That said I'm sure there will be a lot of determination from both staff and players to get their first points and what better place to prove their worth than away at RSL? Who knows.

maninb
04-25-2012, 12:10 PM
We have to park the bus on this one....and hope for a goal off a dead-ball situation....

Stress
04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
I think an away game might be what the doctor ordered at this point. Getting the team away from all the media scrutiny and fan pressure for a few days might help. Also, with all the rumours about player/coach/backroom staff bust ups, maybe forcing everyone together will help address those issues. Salt Lake is one of the tougher away games but at this point, I'm a little more confident in TFC then if the game were to be held at BMO on Saturday.

It'll be interesting to see how RSL does tonight with their few suspensions and injuries. Right now Bet 365 has Dallas at 2.30, the draw at 3.20 and RSL at 3.10. Hopefully it'll be a fiesty game with a few more reds for RSL.

TFCwestcan
04-25-2012, 12:26 PM
I hope some of the TFC players watched Chelsea beat Barca and it served as some form of inspiration for the weekends game, as TFC are without a doubt the heavy underdog in this fixture. I am hoping that above all Frings returns to the midfield, surely someone can play next to Cann and raise their game. I also hope that RSL takes TFC lightly.

__wowza
04-25-2012, 01:17 PM

what he said.
he's made a very bold declaration, maybe even a death sentence, that we're going to make the playoffs. last year was a rebuild with the possibility of the playoffs, now the possibility is off the table. let's see what he can do with this.

3-1. donny osmond on this one: any dream will do.

Roogsy
04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I hope some of the TFC players watched Chelsea beat Barca and it served as some form of inspiration for the weekends game, as TFC are without a doubt the heavy underdog in this fixture. I am hoping that above all Frings returns to the midfield, surely someone can play next to Cann and raise their game. I also hope that RSL takes TFC lightly.

Please don't reopen that wound. :(

Ben - D.O.W.
04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Geeze - it's up to +873 - time to make some money.

Stouffville_RPB
04-25-2012, 03:08 PM
4-1 RSL in this one. We haven't been able to do it at home against weaker opponents than this. RSL is a solid team and we, historically, have been shit on the road.

Canary10
04-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Does anyone use any of these betting sites? How do I make a bet on TFC for this game?

Kilgore Trout
04-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Does anyone use any of these betting sites? How do I make a bet on TFC for this game?

I use sportsinteraction. Minimum deposit is $20. Easiest way to start is you can use a prepaid Vanilla Mastercard to fund the account, because a lot of credit card companies block gambling sites. You can also fund by debit card or check or some other option, but you have to submit some paperwork first for identity verification. You can also use ecocard or speedcard or something to get past the normal credit card blocks.

Then just bet away.

123 elite
04-26-2012, 05:39 AM
Kocic
Ecks Cann Henry Frings Morgan

Soolsma Avila Dunfield Silva Plata

Koev Johnson

5 5 2 should see us do it i think.

narduch
04-26-2012, 05:43 AM
Kocic

Koev Johnson

If FIFA allows us to play this formation, we will win for sure.

T-boy
04-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Kocic

Koev Johnson

you've SO messed this up.....

We need TWO goallies, not just one!

Canary10
04-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I use sportsinteraction. Minimum deposit is $20. Easiest way to start is you can use a prepaid Vanilla Mastercard to fund the account, because a lot of credit card companies block gambling sites. You can also fund by debit card or check or some other option, but you have to submit some paperwork first for identity verification. You can also use ecocard or speedcard or something to get past the normal credit card blocks.

Then just bet away.

Thanks! I'll try this out.

joeyjones
04-26-2012, 11:20 AM
betfair.com as well....

TFCAURORA
04-26-2012, 12:16 PM
starting lineup should always be
--------kOCIC--------
ECL---CANN---ACEVAL---HENRY
SOOLSMA-JDG-FRINGS-AVILA
-----JOHNSON--KOEV-

Time to get back to basics 4-4-2
soolsma and avila can cut into to the box with service from jdg and brings. plata will sub in for avila for fresh legs. and lamb for soolsma.

Auzzy
04-26-2012, 12:49 PM
From tweets: Soolsma & Koevermans still out for the weekend, not travelling. Silva has the flu & will likely not travel.

(Something I've always wondered about with various sports teams, not just TFC: don't these guys all get a flu shot? You hear so much about players getting the flu. I know the flu shot isn't perfect, but even if a strain doesn't match the shot, usually at least you get partial protection. I haven't had a serious flu in years, ever since getting the flu shot yearly.)

Auzzy
04-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Dicoy Williams is in full training. Not sure if he will be on the roster for RSL.

"Winter: Frings will probably play in midfield v.RSL. (Kurt Larson tweet.)

Roogsy
04-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Kocic

Koev Johnson

If FIFA allows us to play this formation, we will win for sure.

you've SO messed this up.....

We need TWO goallies, not just one!

:smilielol5:

Detroit_TFC
04-26-2012, 03:20 PM
That would be a great mercy rule. I think we qualify.

iy12l
04-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Kocic
Ecks-Cann-Emory-Morgan
Frings
Avila-Silva
Lambe-Johnson-Plata

Stress
04-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Is it just me or are the recent news articles and training notes suggesting this possible line-up?

Kocic
Ecks-Cann-Emory-Aceval
Frings
JDG-Dunfield
Lambe-Johnson-Avila

bigredone
04-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Is it just me or are the recent news articles and training notes suggesting this possible line-up?

Kocic
Ecks-Cann-Emory-Aceval
Frings
JDG-Dunfield
Lambe-Johnson-Avila

Any line-up without Aceval and Dunfield. I like ivy121 and that line-up. It seems no one else wants to start Plata.

Nuvinho
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
If Dunfield is on of the midfielders pushing forward we are doomed! Maybe Dunfield and JDG are the DM, and Frings is pushing forward.

Island Man
04-27-2012, 11:41 AM
If Dunfield is on of the midfielders pushing forward we are doomed! Maybe Dunfield and JDG are the DM, and Frings is pushing forward.

That seems to be the idea. Frings has played there before.

bigredone
04-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Dun "on the" field

Jack
04-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Kocic
Ecks-Cann-Emory-Morgan
Frings
Avila-Silva
Lambe-Johnson-Plata

We'd get shredded defensively I think.

bigredone
04-27-2012, 12:27 PM
We'd get shredded defensively I think.

I fear your right. Let's try out something new though, and if it ends up the same than its the enemy we knew.

Still no one wants Plata to start? He is good as a late game boost I know, but we can use all the goals we can get and early on.

bigredone
04-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I would like to see Plata start, but I am not a fan of his corner kicking. I figure he is better there than standing in front of the net (unless he had stilts).

Richard
04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
I think time will prove Plata is not a starter in this league. I love the guy and his effort but he is physicaly not uo to it, i know he got goals last year but teams mark him closer now. He needs to improve on technique or dribling even more if he wants to be relevant. That being said he excels against teams like Santos who are not as pressure oriented.

bigredone
04-27-2012, 12:52 PM
I love his effort too! I even bought a platapuss hat in anticipation of a good season. Oh well, I guess I am trying to hold onto memories from months ago!

His speed is good and he attempts some dribbling tactics (often ending in a lost ball), but our team needs to look like they have some heart for it. Energy on the field seems empty without his hussles.

*Frings hussles are good too!

narduch
04-27-2012, 02:56 PM

The proline odds are out for people too lazy to start an account with a quasi-legal off shore betting company

TFC @ RSL : 7.00V 4.25T 1.30H

I'm kind of tempted to play the tie. Just need two more 'safter' bets though.

T-boy
04-27-2012, 03:11 PM
I think time will prove Plata is not a starter in this league. I love the guy and his effort but he is physicaly not uo to it, i know he got goals last year but teams mark him closer now. He needs to improve on technique or dribling even more if he wants to be relevant. That being said he excels against teams like Santos who are not as pressure oriented.

I disagree. Plata IS a starter in the MLS, and a good one too. But he HAS to be played far out on the wing! Winter is playing the little guy somewhere between the touchline and the centre...and Plata is wasted there. He can't win headers, and he isn't good enough off the ball to get into space.

What Plata IS good at is running FAST in a straight line with the ball. So, the best place for him is to hug the sideline and give himself a load of space to run at the full back. That is where is is excellent and puts fear into the best of full backs in the MLS.

I don't understand why Winter can't see this? It seems so obvious to me! Plata is wasted anywhere but the wing.

bigredone
04-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Plata to Koevs. Fast on the wing and into the big Dutchmans head! When Koevs comes back that is!

I miss that combo.

trane
04-27-2012, 03:45 PM
This is the way I would like to see TFC line up.

------------BUFFON-----------------
PUYOL--MEXES----T. SILVA-----CHIELLINI
--------De Rossi---Nocerino-------------
---------------Boateng-----------------
--Lavezzi-----------------------Cavani---
---------------Balotelli-----------------

I was going to say Messi but that would be unrealistic. But I think this is enough to win against RSL.

bigredone
04-27-2012, 04:04 PM
This is the way I would like to see TFC line up.

------------BUFFON-----------------
PUYOL--MEXES----T. SILVA-----CHIELLINI
--------De Rossi---Nocerino-------------
---------------Boateng-----------------
--Lavezzi-----------------------Cavani---
---------------Balotelli-----------------

I was going to say Messi but that would be unrealistic. But I think this is enough to win against RSL.

Any two of those will do for replacing our entire starting squad, for the rest of the season. What about bringing in Kessel, Khadri, Phaneuf and Reimer for tryouts...oh wait...we are trying to win or tie.

OgtheDim
04-27-2012, 06:15 PM
... It seems so obvious to me! Plata is wasted anywhere but the wing.

I don't think Plata has the discipline to stay out on the wing. He seems to tuck in whenever possible.

ouderwien
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Just crossed into Wyoming on a road trip. Tomorrow the three of us will be in Salt Lake City!

Brooker
04-28-2012, 05:50 AM
do we have to play today? :(

denime
04-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Just crossed into Wyoming on a road trip. Tomorrow the three of us will be in Salt Lake City!

Make sure you guys invade the pitch to celebrate the First 2012 TFC win!g:D

Petor
04-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Looking up early player lineups, injuries etc. this morning when I came across this on the RSL facebook page.
Maybe if MLSE stole this idea they could have almost full stands at kickoff.
Tell MLSE that this is a loss leader, a term that they should understand just like supply and demand and they might go for it even though it is going to cost them money.

From RSL Facebook...

We Asked. YOU Spoke. RSL listened.

Enter the gates at Rio Tinto Stadium between 6:00-6:45PM prior to the 7:00PM KICKOFF this SATURDAY when Real Salt Lake takes on Toronto FC... and receive the “EARLY BIRD SPECIAL” $5 food concession voucher.

Yep, that’s right… Real Salt Lake is giving all of our die hard fans that pack the house BEFORE the opening whistle $5 to spend on food at our stadium’s concessions.

bigredone
04-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Show us what you got Emory. Shut 'em down!

Anyone know when Williams will be back?

Code Red
04-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Looking up early player lineups, injuries etc. this morning when I came across this on the RSL facebook page.
Maybe if MLSE stole this idea they could have almost full stands at kickoff.
Tell MLSE that this is a loss leader, a term that they should understand just like supply and demand and they might go for it even though it is going to cost them money.

From RSL Facebook...

We Asked. YOU Spoke. RSL listened.

Enter the gates at Rio Tinto Stadium between 6:00-6:45PM prior to the 7:00PM KICKOFF this SATURDAY when Real Salt Lake takes on Toronto FC... and receive the “EARLY BIRD SPECIAL” $5 food concession voucher.

Yep, that’s right… Real Salt Lake is giving all of our die hard fans that pack the house BEFORE the opening whistle $5 to spend on food at our stadium’s concessions.

Wow, that's a great incentive for the fans. A sure way to fill the stands prior to kickoff. Who wouldn't want a $5 voucher towards food?

Unfortunately this is MLSE we're talking about. We'll see this kind of promo at BMO when 1) Pigs learn to fly 2) Hell freezes over 3) Both

Yohan
04-28-2012, 12:39 PM
anyone going to Joe's to watch the game?

Island Man
04-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Show us what you got Emory. Shut 'em down!

Anyone know when Williams will be back?

Back into full training now, so a few weeks?

Do we have a reserve game soon?

stevielarson
04-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Can you even buy anything at BMO for $5?

Richard
04-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Wow, that's a great incentive for the fans. A sure way to fill the stands prior to kickoff. Who wouldn't want a $5 voucher towards food?

Unfortunately this is MLSE we're talking about. We'll see this kind of promo at BMO when 1) Pigs learn to fly 2) Hell freezes over 3) Both

I never understood why fans in the first place dont get to their seats slightly before, or at game time.

Code Red
04-28-2012, 01:46 PM

A keychain, maybe.

bigredone
04-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Back into full training now, so a few weeks?

Do we have a reserve game soon?

15-May
Toronto FC
NE Revolution
10:00 AM
Downsview Park

26-May
Toronto FC
Philadelphia Union
6:30 PM
BMO Field

Not sure how accurate this is as it was printed in February and did not include the April Impact game. Do these tend to change much through the season?

bigredone
04-28-2012, 01:51 PM
A keychain, maybe.

Even the few page program from the champions league was over 5 bucks. Yeah, I bought one:puke:

Code Red
04-28-2012, 01:54 PM
I never understood why fans in the first place dont get to their seats slightly before, or at game time.

There have been discussions about this before. Several reasons were brought up including train times, DVP closures, parking issues among others. Still, there are people who are habitually late for everything in their life so chances are that these people arrive late for the game as well. Now if MLSE were to introduce the above mentioned vouchers, you'd be seeing a lot more bums in the seats at kickoff, but as I stated in my earlier post, I don't see MLSE going that route based on their cost-saving approach to doing business.

Code Red
04-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Even the few page program from the champions league was over 5 bucks. Yeah, I bought one:puke:

Although not cheap by any means, it's a bit of a bargain compared to the food/beer prices.

bigredone
04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Although not cheap by any means, it's a bit of a bargain compared to the food/beer prices.

Yes it was! It tasted better than the food and the pictures of Beckham did the same thing alcohol does to my girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oops

Roogsy
04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
5$? Water?

T-boy
04-28-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't think Plata has the discipline to stay out on the wing. He seems to tuck in whenever possible.

We don't know whether Plata's positional play is because HE is chosing to play all over the place, or if Winter is TELLING him to play that way. It seems to me that Plata is following instructions rather than just chosing his own destiny.

and if Plata is just roaning wherever, then winter needs to be more discaplined with his players and tell Plata where to play, or drop the guy to the bench.

Either way, I only see this as Winter's issue.

Luanda
04-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Will this game be streamed?

Ajax TFC
04-28-2012, 04:29 PM
We don't know whether Plata's positional play is because HE is chosing to play all over the place, or if Winter is TELLING him to play that way. It seems to me that Plata is following instructions rather than just chosing his own destiny.
and if Plata is just roaning wherever, then winter needs to be more discaplined with his players and tell Plata where to play, or drop the guy to the bench.

Either way, I only see this as Winter's issue.
Plata is a highly talented player and still very young. Players like that have to be given freedom in order to develop and Winter knows this. Personally I'd like to see Morgan tried at LW

Yohan
04-28-2012, 04:33 PM
[FONT=Verdana]
Plata is a highly talented player and still very young. Players like that have to be given freedom in order to develop and Winter knows this. Personally I'd like to see Morgan tried at LWMorgan's dribbling is meh and has inconsistent crossing. Remember Marvell Wynne experiment at RW? I foresee similar result. Morgan is good at fullback because he picks decent times to make runs to catch opposition defence off guard.

Island Man
04-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Agree with Yohan there. Morgan really needs to improve his crossing.

Richard
04-28-2012, 05:15 PM

I would rather he improve his defense, to many times i see him screw our CB's by not protecting them enough.

spe18
04-28-2012, 05:44 PM

A pizza slice :)

Suds
04-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Will this game be streamed?

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/
http://atdhenet.tv/

Benficachop20
04-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Morgan's dribbling is meh and has inconsistent crossing. Remember Marvell Wynne experiment at RW? I foresee similar result. Morgan is good at fullback because he picks decent times to make runs to catch opposition defence off guard.

am i crazy here? Morgan is probably the best crosser on the team. If u want someone to improve on crosses it should be Ecks, the guy makes a run and that would pretty much be it, crosses are always waaay overhit or doesn't even get by the first defender.

Yohan
04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
am i crazy here? Morgan is probably the best crosser on the team. If u want someone to improve on crosses it should be Ecks, the guy makes a run and that would pretty much be it, crosses are always waaay overhit or doesn't even get by the first defender.
Soolsma > Morgan

Island Man
04-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Half of Morgan's crosses are too low and get blocked.

Island Man
04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Apart from Aceval in for Emory, the line up is as expected Kocic; Eckersley, Cann, Aceval, Morgan; Dunfield, de Guzman, Frings; Lambe, Johnson, Avila

T-boy
04-28-2012, 07:12 PM

I think Lambe has put the only decent cross all season so far, for the Koev's header in Montreal. Other than that, nobody looks like they've ever crossed the ball in their life!

Strans
04-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Apart from Aceval in for Emory, the line up is as expected Kocic; Eckersley, Cann, Aceval, Morgan; Dunfield, de Guzman, Frings; Lambe, Johnson, Avila

Can't believe Aceval is in for Emory here. How many more times does he have to show his lack of pace before Winter notices?

Is there something else to this we don't know about? Is Emory OK?

iy12l
04-28-2012, 07:15 PM

Ffs why is Dunfield still the line-up? We pretty much have 3 DMs. I dont care if Frings is playing CAM, he isnt fast enough to be in that position and Avila is better in AM not in the wing, they should of just put Plata on the wing.

iy12l
04-28-2012, 07:17 PM

Yea you must be crazy, only 5% of his crosses gets through the defenders and if they do then the ball is almost always out for goal kick.

T-boy
04-28-2012, 07:18 PM
With Montreal winning again today, it really shows how poor Winter has been at TFC. Montreal can win 2 games, and yet Winter can't get a win for TFC, and he's had a season to put this team together?

If TFC lose tonight, we are so far behind in the east we might as well give up and watch gymnastics for the rest of the summer!

Torontotonto
04-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks Suds
If streams aren't up, patrick is going to have the game up back, no sound, band night.

Mark TFC
04-28-2012, 07:38 PM
As per TFC Facebook: Reds to debut the Supporters Kit tonight against Salt Lake...

PopePouri
04-28-2012, 07:41 PM
As per TFC Facebook: Reds to debut the Supporters Kit tonight against Salt Lake...

Oh dear god.

Jeff s
04-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Can't believe Aceval is in for Emory here. How many more times does he have to show his lack of pace before Winter notices?

Is there something else to this we don't know about? Is Emory OK?

Maybe its due to the fact that Emory managed to fuck up and plays like crap every game...

Benficachop20
04-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Soolsma > Morgan

no argument there. i did say he is probably the best crosser, i like Soolsma's crosses as well. I'm just saying i don't get the complaints of his crossing when i think it's a much big issue down the right side with ecks.

Luanda
04-28-2012, 07:47 PM

Obrigado.

iy12l
04-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Maybe its due to the fact that Emory managed to fuck up and plays like crap every game...

Its funny cause he never fucked up, Harden just made stupid back passes that got intercepted which made Emory look easy to blame. And the only person thats fucks up and plays like crap every game is Aceval.

T-boy
04-28-2012, 07:49 PM

Honestly?

I must watch a different game to you, cos Emory has been TFC's best centre back so far this season, the couple of times he's played!

denime
04-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Guys Game thread is open!

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31609-GAME-THREAD-TFC-RSL-Saturday-Apr-28-9PM