PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,Apr.23

denime
04-23-2012, 05:32 AM
Mornin'

TFC TV

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video)Toronto FC ownership says it's time to 'get this straightened out' (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/toronto-fc-ownership-says-its-time-to-get-this-straightened-out/article2410318/)

Bottjer: Morgan's education (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/04/22/mls_toronto_fc_playoffs_aron_winter/)

Toronto FC start ‘huge disappointment,’ MLSE says (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/1166103--toronto-fc-start-huge-disappointment-mlse-says)

TFC ownership: 'Our fans deserve butter' (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/04/22/toronto_fc_losing_streak_chicago_fire/)

TFC Related Blogs !!

(http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?29582-TFC-MLS-blogs-thread)
SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video)

Wagner
04-23-2012, 05:42 AM
Good Mornin' D.

thanks for compiling the news everyday.

Too funny, "Butter"

Technorgasm
04-23-2012, 06:54 AM
http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/Rd/butter(2).jpg

mastermixer
04-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Any time I hear that Anselmi guy talk it infuriates me. "They have to get it straightened out"? He assumes no responsibility for this?? THIS is the reason why we are and always will be in this disaster of a situation, no one above Winter will ever take ownership of the issues, and no one above Winter knows how to run a professional sports team.
Do you think Winter gives a shit if he is fired? He knows if he fails he'll just go back to Netherlands and coach a youth team again, I don't think he is motivated enough to turn this thing around and light a fire under our players.

Oldtimer
04-23-2012, 07:51 AM
Winter's team gets a break in that Fabian Espindola, RSL's leading scorer, and top defender Jamison Olave were both ejected in Saturday's 3-1 loss in San Jose and will miss the game.

This is actually incorrect. They are suspended for Wednesday's game (RSL v. FC Dallas). They'll be well-rested and ready against TFC.

mastermixer
04-23-2012, 08:01 AM
This is actually incorrect. They are suspended for Wednesday's game (RSL v. FC Dallas). They'll be well-rested and ready against TFC.

Most reporters in this town don't know squat about MLS and that sometimes teams actually play weekday games. Can you imagine if they made the same mistake with an NHL team?

*sorry for being so cynical, but since no one at work follows TFC, this is the only place I have to vent.

C.Ronaldo
04-23-2012, 08:24 AM
bring carver back

Fort York Redcoat
04-23-2012, 08:28 AM
bring carver back

Have I got a scarf for you...

__wowza
04-23-2012, 08:28 AM
mornin d.

Said a defiant de Guzman: “I stand behind my players in what they're capable of doing.”
it's funny that one of our least capable players wants to stick up for how capable the team is.

jabbronies
04-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Have I got a scarf for you...

I'll take it!

maninb
04-23-2012, 09:50 AM
mornin d.

Said a defiant de Guzman: “I stand behind my players in what they're capable of doing.”
it's funny that one of our least capable players wants to stick up for how capable the team is.

Ironic that he "Stands behind HIS PLAYERS", when in fact he's being called out for his lack of effort by even the ROOKIES on the team!!!! Get rid of him NOW!!!!

greatwhitenorf
04-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Butter?! Let them eat cake, surely.

I'm sure if you put Tom Anselmi and a big batch of butter in the same room, he'd be channeling his inner Marlon Brando.

L<><>k it up!

TFCwestcan
04-23-2012, 10:01 AM

I was thinking the same thing this morning, a red card means one game...that said this this just like a CCL game where the pundits and everyone else will say TFC have no chance, where we are expected to lose and where we might just pick up a point.

cherono
04-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Ironic that he "Stands behind HIS PLAYERS", when in fact he's being called out for his lack of effort by even the ROOKIES on the team!!!! Get rid of him NOW!!!!

No kidding. If they are indeed "his players", then he's conspicuous by his absence in the majority of pre and post game interviews. If he feels so strongly, you'd expect him to be front and centre facing the press at every opportunity - not letting guys like Johnson and Ecks (who look utterly broken at this point) give the same "I just can't explain it" quotes time after time.
If you're not gonna step up on the pitch, step up off it.

Redcoe15
04-23-2012, 10:18 AM
The words and wisdom of Tom Anselmi:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/everybody-is-stupid.jpg

scooter
04-23-2012, 11:15 AM
mornin d

“I stand behind my players in what they're capable of doing.” --- who asked you too ?

the sooner jdg is gone the better we need the dp spot for a centre back with heart we have enough mids and his flashes of brilliance are to few and far between

ArmenJBX
04-23-2012, 11:36 AM
The fact of the matter is simple:
Julian de Guzman's family is still in Spain.
He's been in Toronto for four years.
He had no intention of being here and joined this team half-heartedly. He never moved his wife or kids to Toronto.

This is a DP who we should never have signed, and did so because he was Canadian and looking for work.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-23-2012, 01:28 PM
He had no intention of being here and joined this team half-heartedly. He never moved his wife or kids to Toronto.

This is a DP who we should never have signed, and did so because he was Canadian and looking for work.

Before the JDG signing...This was a player who was at the top of his game ..Playing in one of the TOP Leagues in the world and one of the top players in Canada...to say we shouldn't have signed him is out right ridicules! At the time it was a great move and a signing we could not ignore..thats a FACT! Did it work out? NO ..Did we know his game would of vanished all of a sudden when we signed him? NO....Did we sign him because he was a Canadian Kid out of work?? Did i read that right?? lol

Did it work out in the END? NO!! But to say we shouldn't have signed him and the reason we did...WOW...how in the world would MLSE know if this signing would turn out like this?

All in all it didn't and either is Danny K...we have 3 dp's and only one is worthy of that status

Pookie
04-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Did we sign him because he was a Canadian Kid out of work?? Did i read that right?? lol

Did it work out in the END? NO!! But to say we shouldn't have signed him and the reason we did...WOW...

Um, I'm pretty sure Armen is suggesting that Mo signed a Canadian to a DP contract because the facts are that Mo was looking for a Canadian to sign to a DP contract.

July 31, 2009

(after the first failed attempt at signing JDG)

In the meantime, Johnston, who for two years has been under pressure from fans, and even former coach John Carver, to spend the money and sign a designated player, insisted he'll continue that pursuit but only for someone, like de Guzman, who would "be a great fit both on and off the field."

"It's not about bringing in a 34- or 35-year-old," Johnston said. "I'm looking for someone 28, 29 and I believe it should be a Canadian. ... And, there's not many out there."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/674499--local-star-de-guzman-turns-down-toronto-fc

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Um, I'm pretty sure Armen is suggesting that Mo signed a Canadian to a DP contract because the facts are that Mo was looking for a Canadian to sign to a DP contract.

July 31, 2009

(after the first failed attempt at signing JDG)

In the meantime, Johnston, who for two years has been under pressure from fans, and even former coach John Carver, to spend the money and sign a designated player, insisted he'll continue that pursuit but only for someone, like de Guzman, who would "be a great fit both on and off the field."

"It's not about bringing in a 34- or 35-year-old," Johnston said. "I'm looking for someone 28, 29 and I believe it should be a Canadian. ... And, there's not many out there."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/674499--local-star-de-guzman-turns-down-toronto-fc

At that time JDG had all the credentials Canadian or not and a worthy DP choice for Toronto FC....it didn't pan out...all im saying to come out and say we should have never signed...i'll totally disagree with his comments

Pookie
04-23-2012, 01:59 PM
^ fair enough. Great player.

I just don't think that the main criteria should have been a Canadian birth certificate. If, of all the DPs available, we went with a Canadian... terrific. To go searching for a Canadian at the expense of other options is foolish.

Beach_Red
04-23-2012, 02:11 PM
^ fair enough. Great player.

I just don't think that the main criteria should have been a Canadian birth certificate. If, of all the DPs available, we went with a Canadian... terrific. To go searching for a Canadian at the expense of other options is foolish.

You'd have to talk to more of an insider, but there were rumours that other DPs were presented to upper management and turned down before JDG was signed...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-23-2012, 02:15 PM
^ agreed.. we have the luxury of 3 dps....have we used them wisely? I wouldn't say no...excluding Frings of course! :)

ArmenJBX
04-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Before the JDG signing...This was a player who was at the top of his game ..Playing in one of the TOP Leagues in the world and one of the top players in Canada...to say we shouldn't have signed him is out right ridicules! At the time it was a great move and a signing we could not ignore..thats a FACT! Did it work out? NO ..Did we know his game would of vanished all of a sudden when we signed him? NO....Did we sign him because he was a Canadian Kid out of work?? Did i read that right?? lol

Did it work out in the END? NO!! But to say we shouldn't have signed him and the reason we did...WOW...how in the world would MLSE know if this signing would turn out like this?

All in all it didn't and either is Danny K...we have 3 dp's and only one is worthy of that status

I say we shouldn't have signed him not because he wasn't good enough, because he was playing some great football in Spain.
We shouldn't have signed him because he didn't want to be here. I'm sure, on that day, another offer in Spain for less money would have been his first choice, still.

Stouffville_RPB
04-23-2012, 02:35 PM
I say we shouldn't have signed him not because he wasn't good enough, because he was playing some great football in Spain.
We shouldn't have signed him because he didn't want to be here. I'm sure, on that day, another offer in Spain for less money would have been his first choice, still.

100% correct on this. I think he would leave today if an offer came in from Europe, his play since signing here just hasn't warranted any outside interest.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-23-2012, 03:53 PM

you really think JDG would of remained in Spain for less? I truly believe MSLE offerd him a contract he could not refuse..and thats why he ended up in Toronto... Your right on the fact his heart was not anywhere near wanting to be playing in MLS at this time in his careers..BUt in this situation $$$ was the deciding factor in his move... No player at his age at the time plays for less...those are for the years when your careers is at the end!

Roogsy
04-23-2012, 04:24 PM

I don't know where this info has come from. I've met her. A few times. I never asked where they lived but it never seemed to me like she lived in Spain?

I don't think his performance is tied to his desire to go back to Spain. I just think a) he's a bad fit and b) past his prime.