PDA

View Full Version : Twitter rumours regarding this group

Phil
04-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Hey everyone!

I am sure most of you are aware about some of the crazy accusations being leveled at RPB leadership.

We made a tweet that sums it up:

There is a rumour spreading that the leadership of this group has accepted gifts from MLSE - this is false.

The membership and leadership are proud to be completely independent of #MLSE in every way.

It looks like the account is a simple troll account. The person has no history, the picture is from a shirt catalog.

The allegations that a member has been arrested for "offensive chants" is also untrue.

Ageroo
04-17-2012, 07:32 AM
As noted by PArky...this is the culprit in question... "she/he" added the aspiring model after the picture she had used for her profile was found out....me thinks a troll looking to get a rise out of us and to grab followers.

and for quick reference....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/mike24k/fake_account_photo.jpg

Ossington Mental Youth
04-17-2012, 07:36 AM
yeah im not a member of the group but it reeks of trolling to me

Ageroo
04-17-2012, 07:37 AM
yeah im not a member of the group but it reeks of trolling to me

tell me about it....no links to any articles from this so called columnist.

Ageroo
04-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Not to mention when you do a google search on this person nothing comes up.....

Waggy
04-17-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't see how anyone would think a 'journalist' who doesn't list their publication, never links to any writing and has never seemed to do anything before would be breaking a story, especially one as random as about the RPB. But how the hell did you guys snipe that picture?! Does RPB have some super secret face recognition software searching the web?!

__wowza
04-17-2012, 08:23 AM
i was going to hold off posting because im a mod (aka: no matter what i say haters would most likely believe im on the take), but if you run a reverse lookup on google for here photo, you can find our lady in the follow sites:

http://laurenhodges.net/?tag=business-clothes
http://www.careers-in-business.com/consulting/mcfacts.htm (http://laurenhodges.net/?tag=business-clothes)
http://www.asianweek.com/2009/01/12/organizations-help-women-find-confidence-in-the-business-world/

my, her modeling career has certainly taken off, hasn't it?
also interesting that there's no one matching her name on facebook.
also interesting that for a sports columnist and aspiring model you can't find either a portfolio for her, her work or a name match for the city of toronto outside of her twitter. so either she hasn't written anything as a sports columnist or modeled for anyone (aside from stock image sites posing like a business woman).

originally this tweet was brushed off, but that only seemed to give the rumor legs. an "OMG they moved it from the main forum! what could that mean!?" hit the southsiders forum recently.

as for the exec being on the take about controlling fan dissent, well.. that's worked so far really, hasn't it? fan dissent on these boards is at an all time low and everyone is smiling and sunshine and happy!! if you'd like to look back at some of the previous posts from the exec, you'd find them echoing the same sentiments most of us have (although in a more reserved fashion, which basically comes with the "think before you speak, and never fly off the handle" motif that an executive in any position should have. id honestly never be able to do it).

last but not least, let's never forget:
BURDEN OF PROOF LIES WITH THE ACCUSER, NEVER THE ACCUSED!!

a malicious comment was made about us with absolutely no proof backing it up whatsoever, next thing you know real names are being used and all hell breaks loose. this isn't a joke, this is slander. all a potential employer has to do is google an execs name to see some moron posting "____ is accepting bribes!". some crackpot posts a malicious statement with no proof, and the exec defended themselves accordingly by retorting this person has no history of writing or modeling, only for them to add "aspiring model" to their profile. interesting, if you're an aspiring model you'd think you would've advertised it before on a business twitter, no? im waiting for proof. some single shred of proof. a document signed by our exec, a photo of phil leaving MLSE HQ holding a sack with a dollar sign, something!!

until then, this person has not only failed to back up their statements with proof, but has had the tables completely turned on them by our users posting proof that this person is full of shit! that's my two cents. i suggest we kill this until "ms. benson" posts her grand retort proving our exec have been getting kickbacks and looking ahead to our next match.

__wowza
04-17-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't see how anyone would think a 'journalist' who doesn't list their publication, never links to any writing and has never seemed to do anything before would be breaking a story, especially one as random as about the RPB. But how the hell did you guys snipe that picture?! Does RPB have some super secret face recognition software searching the web?!

part of me wants to say that parkdales a nerd who just sat at his computer all night googling "young, hot business women".

unfortunately, it's google reverse lookup my friend. not a whole lott've people know it exists. just hit up google, type in "reverse lookup" or "photo lookup" and they can find what sites a photo is used on. it does it for segments of a photo too, in this case.. a face.

[NBF]
04-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Who ever doesnt think that a marketing wizard like MLSE doesnt have their hands in this fan group is blind as a bat. Alot of better run franchises do the exact same thing thats why you see guys like the firefighter on the sidelines of NY Jets games chanting J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets. The Washington Redskins paid over a million dollars to buy a fan group website and forum about 6 or 7 years ago.

If you read a lot of these threads you can tell who are the sympathists of TFC management and apologists. There's also some room for some fake accounts on these boards for the sake of creating rumours and deaming rumours with some hint of truth like this one as completely fase.

The tweet rumour IMO reaks of a young kid lashing out, but if you consider the response from some RPB members its obviously hit a nerve which could only mean that some RPB members are getting better discounts than others and there is a drop in membership as a whole.

Personally, I only come in here to see what anyone knows about upcoming transfers, because people are not stupid, they know that the majority of these roster players are not capable of improving with more playing time. Six years and still nothing to show for it except some sod from the transfer of Maurice Edu to Rangers.

Pyeddo
04-17-2012, 08:41 AM
;1474681']Who ever doesnt think that a marketing wizard like MLSE doesnt have their hands in this fan group is blind as a bat. Alot of better run franchises do the exact same thing thats why you see guys like the firefighter on the sidelines of NY Jets games chanting J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets. The Washington Redskins paid over a million dollars to buy a fan group website and forum about 6 or 7 years ago.

If you read a lot of these threads you can tell who are the sympathists of TFC management and apologists. There's also some room for some fake accounts on these boards for the sake of creating rumours and deaming rumours with some hint of truth like this one as completely fase.

The tweet rumour IMO reaks of a young kid lashing out, but if you consider the response from some RPB members its obviously hit a nerve which could only mean that some RPB members are getting better discounts than others and there is a drop in membership as a whole.

Personally, I only come in here to see what anyone knows about upcoming transfers, because people are not stupid, they know that the majority of these roster players are not capable of improving with more playing time. Six years and still nothing to show for it except some sod from the transfer of Maurice Edu to Rangers.

Amen

Oldtimer
04-17-2012, 08:43 AM
We're all about creating love for ML$E, that's why I always use the dollar sign for the "S." because they love money, and they want our money, and all I ever want to do is fork over more money to them. I love Big Brother pension fund. Where's that application for the prawn seats? ;)

__wowza
04-17-2012, 08:46 AM
;1474681']Who ever doesnt think that a marketing wizard like MLSE doesnt have their hands in this fan group is blind as a bat. Alot of better run franchises do the exact same thing thats why you see guys like the firefighter on the sidelines of NY Jets games chanting J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets. The Washington Redskins paid over a million dollars to buy a fan group website and forum about 6 or 7 years ago.

oh i have no doubt that we have a few people on the board who're MLSE employees. if you need proof simply look at when facebook added the "employment/location" feature. all you had to do was click on articles and see comments from people who said "can't wait to start the season, just picked up seasons seats!! it's gonna be great, always a great atmosphere!!" only to see a big heaping MEDIA INTERN - MLSE, TORONTO, ONTARIO right next to their name (can anyone post the screencap i saw of it?)

Waggy
04-17-2012, 08:47 AM

I take some offense to this and I'm not even in the group. Just because I don't blindly hate MLSE doesn't mean I'm on their payroll. If they do something stupid/bad/insulting they should be called on it, and similarly if they do good they should be praised. Just because a person is able to accept that MLSE isn't the personification of evil doesn't mean they're paid to spread such opinions. And just because the RPB (and every other supporters group, for Toronto FC and around the world) try to work with the FO as much as possible doesn't mean they're employees. If MLSE was going to bribe RPB people, why wouldn't they fund TIFOs like in many places? Why wouldn't they allow RPB to control a section as is common practice in many places? Use your head before you start insulting people who put their heart and souls into something.

And Wowza, that was my mental image as well haha, but that's some cool stuff right there. Good to know

Oldtimer
04-17-2012, 08:48 AM
;1474681']Who ever doesnt think that a marketing wizard like MLSE doesnt have their hands in this fan group is blind as a bat.

Some ML$E employees have come out clearly and told us they work for ML$E (some put that on their user account). We can track the IP identity of any user, so we can identify ML$E accounts. There may be some posting from home/etc. who we don't know about. However, it's paranoid to think that anyone who is at all positive is an ML$E troll. None of the leaders of this group work for them, that is a preposterous claim. Also no RPB has been recently arrested, that is totally false.

[NBF]
04-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Its all about image control, nothing more and like I said, when there's a hint of some people getting better kickbacks than others there's a tendency for a rebellion.

You dont have to be an employee to receive discounts for things. It just depends on what you value more, a level of loyalty to group or things for free on the side. So called power corrupts and its usually the first person that says they're incorruptable that is the least trustworthy.

BTW, did anyone notice this is the internet? Hence its a total free for all.

[NBF]
04-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I take some offense to this and I'm not even in the group. Just because I don't blindly hate MLSE doesn't mean I'm on their payroll. If they do something stupid/bad/insulting they should be called on it, and similarly if they do good they should be praised. Just because a person is able to accept that MLSE isn't the personification of evil doesn't mean they're paid to spread such opinions. And just because the RPB (and every other supporters group, for Toronto FC and around the world) try to work with the FO as much as possible doesn't mean they're employees. If MLSE was going to bribe RPB people, why wouldn't they fund TIFOs like in many places? Why wouldn't they allow RPB to control a section as is common practice in many places? Use your head before you start insulting people who put their heart and souls into something.

And Wowza, that was my mental image as well haha, but that's some cool stuff right there. Good to know

Who said Waggy was a payroll employee?

BTW, winning is the only part of the forum manipulation and marketing thats not working, because if this team was winning RPB would be the most easy to market group other than soccer moms and dads.

jabbronies
04-17-2012, 09:17 AM
;1474706']Who said Waggy was a payroll employee?

BTW, winning is the only part of the forum manipulation and marketing thats not working, because if this team was winning RPB would be the most easy to market group other than soccer moms and dads.

I bet you are one of those people who wear tin foil helmets and listen to old radio signals for oncoming communist attacks. :D

Jack
04-17-2012, 09:18 AM
NBF, you should probably take up a career as a detective, because that's some fine deductive work, right there.

TOBOR !
04-17-2012, 09:20 AM
;1474706']Who said Waggy was a payroll employee?BTW, winning is the only part of the forum manipulation and marketing thats not working, because if this team was winning RPB would be the most easy to market group other than soccer moms and dads.I think most of what you're saying is unadulterated pap. There'll always be people (like me) saying 'give them more time', while I try to sell of tickets to games I can't get to and vow to not renew my ST's next year... and there'll be those who call for Winter's head after each loss, and go to every game and will buy tickets until the sun burns out... which of us is on the payroll again ? .........Anyway, if this team ever starts winning they won't be marketing the team to us, but they'll be using us to market the team - of that I have no doubt.

Oldtimer
04-17-2012, 09:21 AM
I bet you are one of those people who wear tin foil helmets and listen to old radio signals for oncoming communist attacks. http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.png

I was thinking the same sort of thing.

Like with most conspiracy theorists, when you tell them they are full of crap, that becomes to them "proof" that you are part of the freemason/world banker/911 coverup/JFK Assassination/whatever conspiracy.

Abou Sky
04-17-2012, 09:21 AM
oh i have no doubt that we have a few people on the board who're MLSE employees. if you need proof simply look at when facebook added the "employment/location" feature. all you had to do was click on articles and see comments from people who said "can't wait to start the season, just picked up seasons seats!! it's gonna be great, always a great atmosphere!!" only to see a big heaping MEDIA INTERN - MLSE, TORONTO, ONTARIO right next to their name (can anyone post the screencap i saw of it?)

um... I am not an MLSE employee and I FB'd when I got seasons, also FB'd a few times that I was stoked for the season.

Although I am not APOLOGETIC for MLSE I do think that the amount of finger pointing at them is excessive and I think that the idea that 'they don't want to win' is absurd because WINNING means more $$$$$$$$$$ and THAT is what they are all about.

You win, you sell more shwag, you get better TV deals, you get more bums in seats. It is a no brainer that they WANT to win, I think they just don't know how to win.

Abou Sky
04-17-2012, 09:22 AM
^ I was thinking the same sort of thing.

Like with most conspiracy theorists, when you tell them they are full of crap, that becomes to them proof that you are part of the freemason/world banker/911 coverup/JFK Assassination/whatever conspiracy.

You mean you are a freemason illuminati world banker Oldtimer? GET HIM!

__wowza
04-17-2012, 09:24 AM
;1474705']Its all about image control, nothing more and like I said, when there's a hint of some people getting better kickbacks than others there's a tendency for a rebellion.

You dont have to be an employee to receive discounts for things. It just depends on what you value more, a level of loyalty to group or things for free on the side. So called power corrupts and its usually the first person that says they're incorruptable that is the least trustworthy.

BTW, did anyone notice this is the internet? Hence its a total free for all.

sorry, clarify "better kickbacks?"

because your first statement contradicts your last.
it's all about image control, but the internet is a free for all?

like the southsiders said, if these guys are getting "kickbacks" for controlling fan dissent, then they're doing a shitty job. i mentioned it before, we hate what we hate and we like what we like and no ones going to change that. i think JDG isnt worth what we pay him and harden isnt MLS level, no MLSE employee behind a screen is going to change that.

also, while you're pointing out the second part you should mention that it was the "loyal" people who demanded the price freeze on not just SS, but on all ticket prices.

Oldtimer
04-17-2012, 09:25 AM
You mean you are a freemason illuminati world banker Oldtimer? GET HIM!
:lol:

Chevy
04-17-2012, 09:25 AM

Well said. Take a read through the comment section of Duane Rollins' blog. If he so much as hints that a TFC player laced his shoes up properly there is an avalanche of trolls screaming "MLSE shill". Sometimes he's over the top, yes, but mostly he's just giving his opinion and demonstrating his support for the club. It's a somewhat similar situation on this board - there is a small group that equates all displays of positivity with being an unintelligent MLSE loyalist.

If a MLSE employee wants to support the club, act in a positive way, or even become a RPB what's the issue with that? To assume that all MSLE employees are devoid of passion for the clubs that they own and operate is ridiculous.

jabbronies
04-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Man I wish this team would start winning. All this BS talk on the boards is starting to really veer off course as to why we are all (most of us) here.

Jack
04-17-2012, 09:29 AM
NBF is just like the Twitter accuser. Making stuff up and has no basis in proof other than "MLSE are marketing wizards" and "look at the Jets".

Does MLSE have employees on this message board? Hell yes, they do.
Do they have ones we don't know about? Probably
Do we care? Not really. It's not like we're working under some top secret umbrella here.
Do we have MLSE employees as members of RPB? Not sure. There might be some, but we don't ask for a CV along with a membership application. That said, none of the executive or leadership of this group are employed by MLSE.
Do we receive special consideration from TFC? We are organized and have our voices heard by the front office. We get support for storing our drums, banners and flags at the stadium. We get early access to the stadium to set up for game days. We have permission for members to be in the capo stand.
Do we receive any financial benefit from our relationship with MLSE/TFC? Absolutely not. My relationship with TFC costs me a lot of money each season.
Do we receive "kickbacks" to control opinion on our message board? Anyone who isn't a complete blithering moron can read through the posting history of RPB leadership to see plenty of discontent with MLSE and the TFC front office.

The bottom line is, haters are going to believe this because they want to believe it. Because they have a chip on their shoulder against RPB and want to see us take a fall. People like that are a cancer to unified TFC support because they put their own ego ahead of supporting of the team. If people on radical ends of the spectrum in terms of their opinions of management and the team can get along and stand side by side on game day, then why do certain individuals feel the need to disparage that?

Mommy didn't love you enough?

Now, we've wasted far too much time on a complete fabrication from a troll. If anyone out there has proof that any leader of RPB is on the take from MLSE, please present this proof and this person will be shamed and ostracized.

If not, shut the fuck up and get over yourself.

__wowza
04-17-2012, 09:29 AM
um... I am not an MLSE employee and I FB'd when I got seasons, also FB'd a few times that I was stoked for the season.

wasnt taking a go at people. i meant the sentiment. you can be stoked for getting seasons seats, or going to game no doubt.. but these are the people posting "good effort boys!" after the loss to new york that took us outt've the playoffs. can someone post the screencap? you'd see what i mean. literally after every shit thing we did they were there heaping praise on the team, then when their employer showed up next to their name they mysteriously disappeared or created troll accounts.. you'll noticed those comments as the ones that always like each others posts (there's about 10-12).

EDIT: and im talking about the people whose SOLE PURPOSE is to sign up a troll account to promote the team, positively comment on the team, etc. even after some of the worst performances i've ever seen (like the loss to philly).

Waggy
04-17-2012, 09:35 AM
;1474706']Who said Waggy was a payroll employee?

I didn't think you were talking about me, but at the same time you could easily be describing any number of my posts, or any number of posts made by other people. There's a lot of extremism in opinions around here, (re Winter, MLSE, JDG, Dero etc). Lots of strong opinions. And I value those peoples opinions, however it's the moderate peoples opinions I am far more interested in hearing. And accusing people who you don't agree with of being paid to post, or having some ulterior motive will just discourage real discussion and moderate opinions. Plus the reaction to an extreme opinion is usually the other side also taking an extreme opinion. Saying people who back MLSE are on their payroll is as ignorant as sayind Dero pays Roogsy to defend him. People have opinions and fight for them, sometimes passionately. Everyone is entitled to their opinions being respected unless they are completely out of line (which is what mods are for).

Red Rat
04-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Shit parky that looks like my ex

[NBF]
04-17-2012, 09:47 AM
I didnt start shit, whoever started the thread was the one who decided that he needed to say something.

I said the internet is a free for all because you can do and write anything with some form anonymity.

This is a group that is questioning its own leadership and equality amongst the paying members. I'm only a free loader and I'm not going to pay for membership any time soon. I just enjoy the fact that there's a Canadian team in MLS, but now there's two other teams, so I'm excited about watching all 3 teams.

Canada is at least attempting to keep up with the Joneses:)

Red Rat
04-17-2012, 09:48 AM
at the end of the day who gives a fuck!
Blow me
and people why should you care
blow me

ensco
04-17-2012, 09:54 AM
We can track the IP identity of any user, so we can identify ML$E accounts. There may be some posting from home/etc. who we don't know about.

I have no idea if MLSE are deliberately using friendlies or shills on this or any boards (I have my suspicions about tmlfans.ca btw, much more than this site), but I guarantee you, if they are, they are using VPN tunnels or similar to mask their IP identities.

Phil
04-17-2012, 09:56 AM
;1474740']I didnt start shit, whoever started the thread was the one who decided that he needed to say something.

I said the internet is a free for all because you can do and write anything with some form anonymity.

This is a group that is questioning its own leadership and equality amongst the paying members. I'm only a free loader and I'm not going to pay for membership any time soon. I just enjoy the fact that there's a Canadian team in MLS, but now there's two other teams, so I'm excited about watching all 3 teams.

It is indeed the internet!

I started the thread because it looked like we didn't want to address it (the discussion is stil in the post Chivas game thread) but a thread got moved that lauched the questions.

Its a catch 22, we are 'transparent' on this matter and people call us out. If we actually treat it with the level it deserves (nothing as its baseless) then we get called out.

Such is life. Anyone else care that we have a game coming up this weekend? The status of Frings with the lineup? Those are the things I have concern for right now, not the drama.

Oldtimer
04-17-2012, 09:58 AM
;1474740']

This is a group that is questioning its own leadership and equality amongst the paying members.

Actually, that's not true. It's only the "freeloaders" (your own term) who are questioning anything. Those of us who know the leadership have no problem with them (except maybe their taste in beer :D ).

jloome
NBF is just like the Twitter accuser. Making stuff up and has no basis in proof other than "MLSE are marketing wizards" and "look at the Jets".

Does MLSE have employees on this message board? Hell yes, they do.
Do they have ones we don't know about? Probably
Do we care? Not really. It's not like we're working under some top secret umbrella here.
Do we have MLSE employees as members of RPB? Not sure. There might be some, but we don't ask for a CV along with a membership application. That said, none of the executive or leadership of this group are employed by MLSE.
Do we receive special consideration from TFC? We are organized and have our voices heard by the front office. We get support for storing our drums, banners and flags at the stadium. We get early access to the stadium to set up for game days. We have permission for members to be in the capo stand.
Do we receive any financial benefit from our relationship with MLSE/TFC? Absolutely not. My relationship with TFC costs me a lot of money each season.
Do we receive "kickbacks" to control opinion on our message board? Anyone who isn't a complete blithering moron can read through the posting history of RPB leadership to see plenty of discontent with MLSE and the TFC front office.

The bottom line is, haters are going to believe this because they want to believe it. Because they have a chip on their shoulder against RPB and want to see us take a fall. People like that are a cancer to unified TFC support because they put their own ego ahead of supporting of the team. If people on radical ends of the spectrum in terms of their opinions of management and the team can get along and stand side by side on game day, then why do certain individuals feel the need to disparage that?

Mommy didn't love you enough?

Now, we've wasted far too much time on a complete fabrication from a troll. If anyone out there has proof that any leader of RPB is on the take from MLSE, please present this proof and this person will be shamed and ostracized.

If not, shut the fuck up and get over yourself.

He speaks the truth

Fort York Redcoat
;1474681']Who ever doesnt think that a marketing wizard like MLSE doesnt have their hands in this fan group is blind as a bat. To simplify a muddied comment- MLSE could be a random member. MLSE do not run this group. This thread is getting too bogged down with sarcasm to be taken at face value. Just wanted to clarify.

trane
04-17-2012, 10:01 AM
hahahahaha. Funny shit.

I have been saying for years that Parky, works for MLSE. Finally some reliable proof.

__wowza
04-17-2012, 10:04 AM
;1474740']I didnt start shit, whoever started the thread was the one who decided that he needed to say something.

that was the RPB president who was defending the group from some random twat throwing around ridiculous accusations. accusations that up until you're comment, everyone else thought were just as ridiculous. accusations that you yourself then started making when talking about some members receiving "kickbacks".

i'm sorry, is there a new definition for starting shit that i wasn't aware of?

;1474740']This is a group that is questioning its own leadership and equality amongst the paying members. I'm only a free loader and I'm not going to pay for membership any time soon.

no one's questioning the leadership of the group, although we have the ability to, and personally i enjoy that sort've freedom as opposed to just doing whatever they say goes. i've never been told not to boo, or remain silent, or shout, or sing.. but what i'm having an issue with now is someone who says they only use the board for transfer rumours all of a sudden being the chief expert on what we're all about. you want to bring up "equality amongst paying members" fine, let's do that. come to a banner session sometime. you can see how hard the guys work for their obvious kickbacks. if i got a free ticket for the CCL game i helped design/paint the banner for, that free ticket would've worked out to me working for less than $2 an hour.. but i didn't nor did anyone i know. we created, planned, and painted and we did it on our own time for nothing but the satisfaction of seeing it up pregame for people to point and cheer at. fuckit, you still havent answered. care to clarify kickbacks?

Parkdale
04-17-2012, 10:09 AM
hahahahaha. Funny shit.

I have been saying for years that Parky, works for MLSE. Finally some reliable proof.

as Canadian_Bhoy said on facebook...

"accusing Parkdale of working for MLSE? What is this - 2008?"

Roogsy
04-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Having been in the group since the beginning and now being out of the group, I think I have a unique and accurate picture of what does and does not happen in this group.

And while I do believe it is possible (and likely) for MLSE to have plants on this board (as registered users) to skew polls and comments, the group itself does not have any MLSE influence whatsoever.

As for money, I can tell you first-hand, nobody in this group makes money from RPB or for TFC. In fact, many in senior positions take time and money out of their own pocket to put forward the cause. If you add things up at the end of the year, many RPBs are out hundreds if not thousands of dollars in support of the group's stated goal of supporting TFC.

The tweet about the senior members getting financial incentives is pure unadulterated bullshit.

And nobody can accuse me of being either pro-RPB (as everyone knows I speak my mind, screw the consequences) or pro-MLSE (obviously).

If that doesn't assure people that these accusations are false, then I think you're already predisposed to believe them.

Parkdale
04-17-2012, 10:10 AM
part of me wants to say that parkdales a nerd who just sat at his computer all night googling "young, hot business women".

yeah!

TOBOR !
04-17-2012, 10:19 AM
MLSE likely has agents on these boards, but not so much to influence polls or opinion, but rather to get hear the voice of the supporter. They want to know what their fans or detractors are thinking and saying. No doubt they also monitor all the other forums and boards on the subject of all their products. Not to do this would be irresponsible.

trane
04-17-2012, 10:23 AM
as Canadian_Bhoy said on facebook...

"accusing Parkdale of working for MLSE? What is this - 2008?"

Hahahahaha. Exactly.

trane
04-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Having been in the group since the beginning and now being out of the group, I think I have a unique and accurate picture of what does and does not happen in this group.

And while I do believe it is possible (and likely) for MLSE to have plants on this board (as registered users) to skew polls and comments, the group itself does not have any MLSE influence whatsoever.

As for money, I can tell you first-hand, nobody in this group makes money from RPB or for TFC. In fact, many in senior positions take time and money out of their own pocket to put forward the cause. If you add things up at the end of the year, many RPBs are out hundreds if not thousands of dollars in support of the group's stated goal of supporting TFC.

The tweet about the senior members getting financial incentives is pure unadulterated bullshit.

And nobody can accuse me of being either pro-RPB (as everyone knows I speak my mind, screw the consequences) or pro-MLSE (obviously).

If that doesn't assure people that these accusations are false, then I think you're already predisposed to believe them.

I have never been as involved with the group as Roogsy, but I have been around long enough, to laugh the rumor off, and I am also a hated "activist supporter".

__wowza
04-17-2012, 10:34 AM

yeah!

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-%28clean%29.png

Fort York Redcoat
04-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I have never been as involved with the group as Roogsy, but I have been around long enough, to laugh the rumor off, and I am also a hated "activist supporter".

*trademarked by Roogsy himself BTW

and I don't see the hate of which you speak.

Pigfynn
04-17-2012, 12:08 PM
So this is how some spend their time and energy away from supporting their team eh?

Fucking children.

Technorgasm
04-17-2012, 12:28 PM
I refuse to bring validity to this garbage with a post over 15 words.

Phil
04-17-2012, 12:28 PM
So this is how some spend their time and energy away from supporting their team eh?

Fucking children.

Nail meet Hammer

Jack
04-17-2012, 01:22 PM
I think this is quite appropriate to the situation:
http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/322261cd73/why-internet-commenters-will-eventually-end-the-world (http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/322261cd73/why-internet-commenters-will-eventually-end-the-world?playlist=featured_pictures_and_words)

Roogsy
04-17-2012, 01:33 PM
It's too bad she doesn't really exist. I thought she was hot! :hump:

cmonyoureds
04-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Wait a minute......leadership here got free stuff? I knew that free pizza give-away at the game was fixed....bastards.

TOsoccer
04-17-2012, 01:57 PM
This is kind of off-topic, but speaking of Twitter, I found out that Ashtone Morgan just officially got on twitter. @ashtone_m ... looking forward to following the Torontonian/Canadian!

Toronto
04-17-2012, 02:02 PM
MLSE likely has agents on these boards, but not so much to influence polls or opinion, but rather to get hear the voice of the supporter. They want to know what their fans or detractors are thinking and saying. No doubt they also monitor all the other forums and boards on the subject of all their products. Not to do this would be irresponsible.

Really? I doubt they give a shit about the supporters. 6 years has proven this.

ag futbol
04-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Without stepping on toes here: I agree with certain aspects of what NBF has said. And no, that's not to say that I can think of people on this board who I'd describe as being on payroll, it's just an extension of what we know about corporations and the way they handle social media.

Edit: highly doubt anyone is getting paid or kickbacks though... As described by twitter twat

MartinUtd
04-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Has anyone seen Jack or Phil driving a Kia?

Flipityflu
04-17-2012, 03:04 PM
i'd like to add to the story...those named are using the funds saved from not buying season tickets to build a Death Star.

Abou Sky
04-17-2012, 03:30 PM

That wasn't even coherent.

Abou Sky
04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Has anyone seen Jack or Phil driving a Kia?

Man, if the 'payoff' was a Kia I would be fucking pissed!

Whoop
04-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Will said Death Star have enough room to pay gigantic banners?

Parkdale
04-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I'd wager 99 to 1 that behind that photo.... there's a dude :(

Flipityflu
04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Will said Death Star have enough room to pay gigantic banners?

more banner than you could possibly imagine

lol, the pic hijack is awesome. wouldn't it be funny if its Mo Johnston.

Waggy
04-17-2012, 07:48 PM
more banner than you could possibly imagine

lol, the pic hijack is awesome. wouldn't it be funny if its Mo Johnston.

Well, he is a fookin doooshbag haha (Hey, does anyone have the youtube link for that? that was fantastic. definitely king daves best work)

ryan
04-17-2012, 10:06 PM
It's pissing me off I can't think of the show that picture is from...definitely seen that chick before somewhere.

Code Red
04-17-2012, 10:26 PM

It's tim90. He didn't receive this years media guide and is waging war.

Auzzy
04-17-2012, 11:15 PM

As we can see from your avatar, it's obviously you. The Internet does not lie.

Dv23
04-18-2012, 07:17 PM
It’s not a secret that career girls spend most part of time at work, that’s why it’s very important for them to look excellent in the office. But what do we know about office-style make-up? Jennifer Benson knows a lot about it, I guess.

http://www.ourvanity.com/beauty/makeup/make-up-for-businesswoman/
(http://www.ourvanity.com/beauty/makeup/make-up-for-businesswoman/)
[Edit: Some other sites that feature the photo]
http://www.funonthenet.in/articles/corporate-dressing-for-women.html
http://womenindeed.blogspot.ca/2011/05/business-dress-women.html
http://laurenhodges.net/?tag=business-clothes
http://womaninoffice.blogspot.ca/2009/03/woman-business-dress.html

Not that any of this is really relevant, I guess.

__wowza
04-19-2012, 08:04 AM
It’s not a secret that career girls spend most part of time at work, that’s why it’s very important for them to look excellent in the office. But what do we know about office-style make-up? Jennifer Benson knows a lot about it, I guess.

http://www.ourvanity.com/beauty/makeup/make-up-for-businesswoman/

Not that any of this is really relevant, I guess.

dressing for success is NEVER irrelevant! :D

Parkdale
04-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Doune me a media guide?

Red Rat
04-19-2012, 11:08 AM
PArkdale is so hot!!!

Chinatownchef
04-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Man, if the 'payoff' was a Kia I would be fucking pissed!

Naw you're all wrong, the payoff was in TFC mechandise and snack stand vouchers.

ArmenJBX
04-19-2012, 05:28 PM
I still doune him a media guide every time i go.

He has never contacted me back...

AL-MO
04-19-2012, 05:43 PM
This rumour is proof that there are some crazy people on the internet.

Good for a laugh I guess.

billyfly
04-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Vic wishes he worked for MLSE.