PDA

View Full Version : Where is our apology??

Kooper
04-10-2012, 06:59 AM
After 5 awful seasons and the worst start since the first season where is our appology??

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/1158875--maple-leafs-say-sorry?bn=1

Oldtimer
04-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Guess you didn't go to the town hall meetings.

Apologies always come at the end of the season, not at the start.

Fort York Redcoat
04-10-2012, 07:08 AM
That's true. MLSE outright apologized. To little results.

denime
04-10-2012, 07:45 AM
our apology is already in the mail,and will be delivered in mid October 2012.

Red Rat
04-10-2012, 07:50 AM
We are so sorry that we had such an awful year, and we will like to remind you that renewal will commence shortly! Please note that season tickets will be going up 15% to accommodate for the extra game in the schedule
Thank you

Phil
04-10-2012, 07:51 AM
We are so sorry that we had such an awful year, and we will like to remind you that renewal will commence shortly! Please note that season tickets will be going up 15% to accommodate for the extra game in the schedule
Thank you

Hammer, meet nail.

tfcleeds
04-10-2012, 08:01 AM
I don't give a shit about a meaningless apology. Give me the playoffs, and following that, a championship. That's what I want.

mastermixer
04-10-2012, 08:07 AM
If I was a Maple Leafs fan, that letter would just infuriate me more. I'm visualizing a fan getting a pat on the head from MLSE saying "there there, feel better now?"

ryan
04-10-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't give a shit about a meaningless apology. Give me the playoffs, and following that, a championship. That's what I want.

Championships cost money, apologies don't. Fans are learning here what traded superstars have been saying all along...."it's a business".

I wish I lived 40 years ago when sports was about sports and not business.

Furtado91
04-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Championships cost money, apologies don't. Fans are learning here what traded superstars have been saying all along...."it's a business".

I wish I lived 40 years ago when sports was about sports and not business.

I take it that's why a lot of people are protesting against "modern" football. I have been seeing tons of football supporters talking about how krap modern football is.......

Belfast_Boy
04-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Relax guys, we have another 45 years before we hear anything like that.

trane
04-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Fuck apologies, give me results.

Abou Sky
04-10-2012, 09:18 AM

As my kids sometimes say 'sorry doesn't help'

Whoop
04-10-2012, 09:24 AM
As Damien Cox says today in his blog, it's easier to say sorry than to explain what went wrong or how to fix it.

ginkster88
04-10-2012, 09:29 AM
If you're a TFC-but-not-a-Leaf fan or don't support a perennial loser from your homeland... you just don't understand.

ginkster88
04-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Cox can suck a dick.

This was necessary.​

ensco
04-10-2012, 09:40 AM
What nobody here understands, is that nobody wants to win more than the MLSE guys. Just ask them. They'll tell you. Even if you don't ask, they'll tell you.

'cause that's what matters. You can lose for decades around here, as long as you bleat on about how much you want to win, and it's really heartfelt.

brad
04-10-2012, 09:44 AM
I think an apology in the form of a ticket price reduction to year one prices would suffice. Since the teams results have not progressed since then - I think that is only fair.

KRO
04-10-2012, 09:50 AM
After 5 awful seasons and the worst start since the first season where is our appology??

I've come to accept spelling errors in posts but I can't let a thread header stay uncorrected. Apology only has one p. Sorry - I'm a spelling nazi.

Phil
04-10-2012, 09:50 AM
As Damien Cox says today in his blog, it's easier to say sorry than to explain what went wrong or how to fix it.

That is what concerns me too. They say all the 'right' things without actually commiting to fixing what they know is a problem in this case. It concerns me quite a bit given the landscape right now.

Belfast_Boy
04-10-2012, 10:12 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VNPv2rJeid0/TLEaecfAM1I/AAAAAAAAB84/-0bR1nP_ivw/s400/Barack%2BObama-Never%2BUnderestimate%2Bthe%2BPower%2Bof%2BStupid% 2BPeople%2Bin%2BLarge%2BNumbers.jpg

TFCBarrie
04-10-2012, 10:19 AM
If you're a TFC-but-not-a-Leaf fan or don't support a perennial loser from your homeland... you just don't understand.

What a completely ridiculous statement. I'm not a hockey fan so I don't understand the pain of losing? are you a fucking adult? seriously? what a juvenile, stupid thing to say.

MartinUtd
04-10-2012, 10:21 AM
What comfort could there possibly be in an apology from MLSE suits?

[NBF]
04-10-2012, 10:23 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VNPv2rJeid0/TLEaecfAM1I/AAAAAAAAB84/-0bR1nP_ivw/s400/Barack%2BObama-Never%2BUnderestimate%2Bthe%2BPower%2Bof%2BStupid% 2BPeople%2Bin%2BLarge%2BNumbers.jpg

Thats racist:O

Belfast_Boy
04-10-2012, 10:35 AM
;1471474']Thats racist:O

better?

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0804/white-people-white-people-sharks-demotivational-poster-1208534843.jpg

ginkster88
04-10-2012, 10:40 AM
What a completely ridiculous statement. I'm not a hockey fan so I don't understand the pain of losing? are you a fucking adult? seriously? what a juvenile, stupid thing to say.

It never hurts to read to the end of a sentence.

Fort York Redcoat
04-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Cox can suck a dick.

This was necessary.​

I don't think this is the point being discussed. Most people would see them admitting guilt as something but you can't believe it's anywhere close to enough.

ginkster88
04-10-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't think this is the point being discussed. Most people would see them admitting guilt as something but you can't believe it's anywhere close to enough.

It's not enough, but they absolutely had to acknowledge the fans. Especially after such an epic collapse (though the advanced stats guys would counter that we should have seen it coming... *cough*Minnesota).

I think most of us will reserve judgement until after the draft/FA-signings/off-season trades are made. I've personally had enough with Burke but the prevailing sense is that he should be given the opportunity to see his vision through, whatever that may be.

From a TFC perspective... the team came within a half of qualifying for the CCL final while playing both legs of the semifinal without its Captain and best player.

They've had a false start in league play but have dominated with quality football for stretches in most matches.

Management have a clear vision that is being executed on, and players are performing the roles they were brought in to do.

The season is long, the team isn't as bad as people seem to think.

If TFC were atop the table in late July and then out of the running by September then yes, an apology would be in order.

Whoop
04-10-2012, 10:56 AM
While it might be earlier, that draft letter for the fall might already be drawn up.

KGH
04-10-2012, 11:02 AM
It's not our time yet. They still have to draft the Raptor fans letter first. Then it'll be our turn.

A little MLSE comparision since TFC began (last 6 season):

Leafs - 212 - 280 = 43% winning record
Raps - 203-265 = 43% winning record
TFC - 57 - 78 - 57 = 20% winning record or 59% when you include ties

So if you factor in ties we should be happy with our performance. We're the best of the MLSE group...

stuart.mac
04-10-2012, 11:17 AM
It's not our time yet. They still have to draft the Raptor fans letter first. Then it'll be our turn.

A little MLSE comparision since TFC began (last 6 season):

Leafs - 212 - 280 = 43% winning record
Raps - 203-265 = 43% winning record
TFC - 57 - 78 - 57 = 20% winning record or 59% when you include ties

So if you factor in ties we should be happy with our performance. We're the best of the MLSE group...

I'd actually put my money on Marlies having the best record, I only mention this because it speaks volumes of MLSE, they can only do amateur sports right.

ginkster88
04-10-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd actually put my money on Marlies having the best record, I only mention this because it speaks volumes of MLSE, they can only do amateur sports right.

Yeah well... the Marlies are a professional hockey club.

KGH
04-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Marlies - 235 - 199 = 54% winning record

stuart.mac
04-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah well... the Marlies are a professional hockey club.

Tounge in cheek

DangerRed
04-10-2012, 11:59 AM

Don't worry. This season will be over soon enough...

Belfast_Boy
04-10-2012, 12:00 PM
my private protest.
I've made a decision to not buy anything this year at BMO.
I was going to get a new jersey. I usually get a t-shirt or two for the kid. I always buy beer and food at a game.
not anymore.
this team should have been ready to go from the beginning. our season started before any other MLS team. sure we've had a couple of key injuries but that's to be expected. it happens to everyone. losing a couple of guys shouldn't have hurt us that badly.

Joe Kool
04-10-2012, 12:43 PM
I am a pretty easy going optimistic person normally and it takes an awful lot to keep me from seeing the optimistic side of things. I have been defending TFC's performance for one reason or another on many many occasions to various people, friends, family, etc for all these years. I keep saying "I think we are on the right track and you have to expect a few setbacks" and "it's going to get better....you will see" among many other things. I have had to defend my spending of money year after year on season tickets, parking, concessions to my wife for several years now while she keeps reminding me of their record and the fact that it is a "Toronto" team so why waste the money because it will never change but I keep telling her that all Toronto teams can't always be like that and stick to my guns to hold onto my seats. I keep hoping like many of you that TFC will be different and all of my time, effort, money spent on home and some away games is going to feel like it was well worth it one day but I have to be honest and say I am starting to give in to pessimism. I am starting to think of maybe the family trip I could take my kids on instead of paying for the season tickets plus associated costs each year meanwhile still catching a game here and there if I really wanted with all the tickets that are easily available. CCL achievement aside, I am just REALLY REALLY sick of watching TFC self destruct all the time whether it is the whole team not showing up or the a few individual mistakes. It just happens too much. I am not saying I am giving up on the team after a 4 game losing streak in the regular season but another bleak bottom table finish will probably seal it for me which I can't believe is even coming from me. Money is just too hard to come by these days and sometimes you have to cut your losses. C'mon and win me back TFC!!!

ryan
04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
That should be a protest for us, no beer/food/etc bought until we get a home playoff game.

Bet you we're hosting one in October if we actually did it. :D

Support the players, not the business.

Huyton
04-10-2012, 01:09 PM
So that is
57 games won for 171 points
78 games lost for 0 points
57 games drawn for 57 points
for a total of 228 points from 192 games (576 possible points) for a 39.6% winning record.

However, going by a 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw, then we got 171 points from a max of 384, or a 44.5%

So...the expansion team has the better record - slightly.

And you know what that means?

We've still got further to fall!

Super
04-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Not sure a protest is going to work. Let's be honest: it's not like MLSE wants to lose. Obviously they would rather win. Obviously there is more cash in winning as well. To me the number one problem is usually that the players lack heart. I look at other MLS teams, and they seem to have heart and grit in abundance - whereas we seem to have none. It's frustrating. I can only assume that players don't really want to be in Toronto. Sure the city is big and fun, but it doesn't carry as much weight as playing in an American city. Also our weather is pretty poor, and our stadium is even worse. I'd be depressed too if I was a professional and had to play in a high school stadium. I think you can do a lot to make this city more attractive for players and thereby inspiring them to play better.

TFC Cityboy
04-10-2012, 02:10 PM
I want Winter to apologise for the fact that the spineless wankers on the pitch in Montreal didn't have the decency to come over to appluad the fantastic travelling support. I will exempt Milos Kocic, who came closer than any. Most just sloped off with a cursory wave if that. They don't deserve us.
AW and BDK should have shooed them over regardless of the result. Disgraceful.

Belfast_Boy
04-10-2012, 02:18 PM
i disagree, protests do work. we sat down for one game and they had meetings to kiss our asses and talk us into sticking around.
i'm not suggesting everyone protests. I'm doing this on my own. every year we have a discussion like this and everyone wants to wait. and we wait and do nothing. we're drinking it up just like leaf fans.
I honetly don't think they give a shit about winning. if they did then we'd have better results. we know they give a shit about making money and they do that very well.

ryan
04-10-2012, 02:31 PM
I meant it partially in jest because of what the word protest does around here sometimes. :)

Although I personally have banned myself from BMO beer for life. Just foolish to pay that much anyways.

Super
04-10-2012, 02:35 PM
I want Winter to apologise for the fact that the spineless wankers on the pitch in Montreal didn't have the decency to come over to appluad the fantastic travelling support. I will exempt Milos Kocic, who came closer than any. Most just sloped off with a cursory wave if that. They don't deserve us.
AW and BDK should have shooed them over regardless of the result. Disgraceful.

To be fair, most losing teams don't thank the fans. And why should they anyway? It's not like they genuinely care. Ask most players and they will tell you that once the game begins they tune out the crowd - whether it's home or away. IF support TRULY matters wouldn't at least ONE of the players know at least ONE of our chants? I bet you NONE of them do. Not a single one. Took Danny Dichio 5 months to learn how his own song went. Support means very little, really. We just like to think that it does. Otherwise we would have won the league in year one and two - and not shat the bed in Columbus the couple of times we brought thousands of supporters. Also, every losing team will have fans who say "they don't deserve us". Let's not be childish about this. At the end of the day the players are here for cash and to hopefully further their career - they're not here because we chant well. That being said, support MAY mean something when it's the background of REALLY big games. Our game against LA is one example. But a bottom of the table game at a shitty BMO plastic stadium in front of a sparse crowd in windy, rainy conditions is HARDLY awesome conditions for any player.

Belfast_Boy
04-10-2012, 02:36 PM
i know what you mean. cages get rattled. it's like we're afraid to offend MLSE. better wait until next year.

TFC Cityboy
04-10-2012, 03:13 PM
To be fair, most losing teams don't thank the fans. And why should they anyway? It's not like they genuinely care. Ask most players and they will tell you that once the game begins they tune out the crowd - whether it's home or away. IF support TRULY matters wouldn't at least ONE of the players know at least ONE of our chants? I bet you NONE of them do. Not a single one. Took Danny Dichio 5 months to learn how his own song went. Support means very little, really. We just like to think that it does. Otherwise we would have won the league in year one and two - and not shat the bed in Columbus the couple of times we brought thousands of supporters. Also, every losing team will have fans who say "they don't deserve us". Let's not be childish about this. At the end of the day the players are here for cash and to hopefully further their career - they're not here because we chant well. That being said, support MAY mean something when it's the background of REALLY big games. Our game against LA is one example. But a bottom of the table game at a shitty BMO plastic stadium in front of a sparse crowd in windy, rainy conditions is HARDLY awesome conditions for any player.

regardless of that, on most occasions when there is SIGNIFICANT away travelling support as was the case this weekend, the captain or coach ushers the rest of the team over to acknowledge the effort made by the fans. I'm not looking for a fuckin medal or anything, just some modicum of acknowledgement from the team.
I bet if Torsten had been playing and cpataining the side he would have brought them over, but with jdg as skipepr I'm not shocked.

Belfast_Boy
04-10-2012, 03:18 PM
regardless of that, on most occasions when there is SIGNIFICANT away travelling support as was the case this weekend, the captain or coach ushers the rest of the team over to acknowledge the effort made by the fans. I'm not looking for a fuckin medal or anything, just some modicum of acknowledgement from the team.
I bet if Torsten had been playing and cpataining the side he would have brought them over, but with jdg as skipepr I'm not shocked.

I was just about to say that.
they dropped the ball.

Chris Wren
04-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm ready to sit out a game, and would completely back a group no show. I almost feel like not going this weekend, but it won't be all that noticeable so there's no real point being made. The effort is not acceptable and the entire team not coming to acknowledge us for making the trip to Montreal felt like a big FU to me. A strong message needs to be sent to this group of underachievers who seem to take it's supporters for granted.

whyalwaysme11
04-10-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm ready to sit out a game, and would completely back a group no show. I almost feel like not going this weekend, but it won't be all that noticeable so there's no real point being made. The effort is not acceptable and the entire team not coming to acknowledge us for making the trip to Montreal felt like a big FU to me. A strong message needs to be sent to this group of underachievers who seem to take it's supporters for granted.

im down for this but only if everyone is on board just like they do in europe... an empty supporters section!
i dont want to pull some crap like rpb attempted a couple of years back when they were not going to cheer when we scored
all thes rpbs were sitting in my section for some reason they were all wearing green and couldnt cheer if we scored or something i cant remember what rpb had to do
then we scored and then they were all cheering... then they went back to trash talking all the players and organization then cheering again.
you cant do both things when trying to protest... (one of the reasons why i questioned being an rpb... inconsistency of group actions)

@Super
i do not really understand what you are trying to say here in re to conditions for the players...
all i know is that i cant even give my tickets away for free if i wanted too. thats really sad.
i think that booklet they sent us in the fall thats like them reinforcing their commitment to us.
the leafs... one of the richest teams in the world without even winning a game.
tfc does not have the fan base the leafs do... this ship will sink and it will sink fast. its sad but thats just the way it is.
for the past 3 years all i have been doing is convincing family and friends to continue to renew their seasons...
speaking of toronto... what a disgrace last night sending 48 thou home after blowing away a very big statement season opener.
thats toronto for you.

im tired and its being a long day at work
this above post could all be just a bunch of crap
sorry in advance.

Super
04-10-2012, 03:57 PM
I agree that the players should have acknowledged the traveling support. Absolutely. It's a disgrace that they didn't. I don't care if the players give a fuck about supporters (likely not) - but at least pretend to. Also, all I'm saying is that let's not make this into a "they don't deserve us" thing against the players - because it will most certainly backfire. It's football: some clubs lose, others don't. We just don't have proper management - and that's nothing new in our short history. We also need leaders on our team. Players who will step up and pull everyone else with them. Right now we only have Frings.

Truth is: the only thing that could potentially motivate the players right now is to show up and give support. Nothing inspires a player more than winning - so let's get it done on Saturday. That's about it. I fail to see how any other action on behalf of the supporters could inspire the players to care more. I just don't see it. We've had lots of protests - and sure, we may have brought about grass (although at the time the fake turf had seen its end anyway and needed a replacement). Outside of that: nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's not much different elsewhere. So outside of slashing tires of players or owners, I really don't see what can be done to inspire a better performance outside of praying/hoping for better.

See you at BMO on Saturday!

denime
04-10-2012, 04:03 PM
im down for this but only if everyone is on board just like they do in europe... an empty supporters section!
i dont want to pull some crap like rpb attempted a couple of years back when they were not going to cheer when we scored
all thes rpbs were sitting in my section for some reason they were all wearing green and couldnt cheer if we scored or something i cant remember what rpb had to do
then we scored and then they were all cheering... then they went back to trash talking all the players and organization then cheering again.
you cant do both things when trying to protest... (one of the reasons why i questioned being an rpb... inconsistency of group actions)

@Super
i do not really understand what you are trying to say here in re to conditions for the players...
all i know is that i cant even give my tickets away for free if i wanted too. thats really sad.
i think that booklet they sent us in the fall thats like them reinforcing their commitment to us.
the leafs... one of the richest teams in the world without even winning a game.
tfc does not have the fan base the leafs do... this ship will sink and it will sink fast. its sad but thats just the way it is.
for the past 3 years all i have been doing is convincing family and friends to continue to renew their seasons...
speaking of toronto... what a disgrace last night sending 48 thou home after blowing away a very big statement season opener.
thats toronto for you.

im tired and its being a long day at work
this above post could all be just a bunch of crap
sorry in advance.

really,I don't know what to say on comment like this.Maybe this :facepalm:

Phil
04-10-2012, 04:26 PM
I think Mario is having a rough day, so lets give some slack.

This is a tongue in cheek thread about MLSE and some of the parallels happening right now. We just finished a run into the semi finals of the CCL and to counter that we have had a rough start to the MLS season. 4 games in is not the time to overact with talk of protests. Lets just all take a deep breath.

trane
04-10-2012, 04:31 PM
^ I think you are correct. I wanted CL more then MLS. and We did well. But it is not the fact that we are 0-4 it is that in both the MLS, and our exit out of the CL we saw the same old, same old mistakes. It is frustrating.

It is hard not too have flash back to our previous season.

Since TFC has been in the league, AC Milan after winning the CL early in TFCs frst season, whent through a rebuild, and is now again challanging for the CL. Meanwhile TFC is only somewhat better then it was in year one. We have improved but we have not moved far enough.

Again most of my positivity is based on the CL, and that our play is better, but the results are not good enough overall, and the mistakes keep on keeping on.

Yohan
04-10-2012, 04:32 PM
I demand an apology for not getting an apology

AL-MO
04-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Shoulda seen the apology on the video board by every habs player Saturday night.

I joked with Bluenose that we'd be receiving one of those some time in October 2012.

trane
04-10-2012, 05:18 PM
I apologizes to Al-Mo for not being the supporter he is. He deserves butter.

AL-MO
04-10-2012, 05:32 PM
I apologizes to Al-Mo for not being the supporter he is. He deserves butter.

Apology not necessary, but is accepted.

LOL.

Parkdale
04-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Aaahhhhhh.... 'we deserve butter'
Thanks for the laughs trans. I haven't thought about that for a long long time.

whyalwaysme11
04-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I think Mario is having a rough day, so lets give some slack.

This is a tongue in cheek thread about MLSE and some of the parallels happening right now. We just finished a run into the semi finals of the CCL and to counter that we have had a rough start to the MLS season. 4 games in is not the time to overact with talk of protests. Lets just all take a deep breath.

lol very rough day
i remember it like it was yesterday though
anyways doesnt matter it was going back to the fact that we all have to be on the same page for any type of action to work

what the hell am i talking about again today seriously though
im close to never posting again...
there are just too many thoughts coming from too many people who dont know whats going on... including me
that person above said that conditions/atmosphere at skydome are better then when we are at bmo
we might as well never play an away game then and i hope it never rains and is never windy at bmo
its a professionals job to adjust to the conditions and atmosphere its all part of the game
just like inconsistent refs... get mad for a sec on a bad call whatever buts its all part of the game.

true Phil not the time to overact
except i dont want us to be like the maple leafs where fans have been promised many things many times with no return
good thing the majority of teams is mls are inconsistent things can turn in a matter of 3 or 4 games...
i still remember last year when i saw ecks and plata when i was walking home from work ecks asked me what was up with tfc before he came over on loan i told him tfc just got off to a bad start...

as i type this i see all these people buying hats at the jays shop...
im sorry what are we excited for this year with the jays? "deeper pen" "young enthusiastic players" lol whatever works
adam lind is like our jdg... both recovering from injuries both "should of beens"

Belfast_Boy
04-10-2012, 08:39 PM
yeah I know it's only 4 games.... this year. go back a bit and it's 6 wins in 38.

ag futbol
04-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Meh, there's only been one real apology in Toronto sports history, and that goes down as Glen Grunwald standing in on the floor of the ACC and addressing the crowd for the raptors final home game after a terrible season. Truth be told, he was mostly booed but he was asking for forgiveness for far less than what the average fan of an MLSE has to go through. It was honest and he pretty much threw himself at the mercy of the crowd, which is rather ballzy.

That piece in the paper was about nothing more than optics. They might as well of placed an add for season tickets at the bottom of the page because that was the only thing behind it. I'll believe their sorry when someone at the Sr executive level gets fired. Otherwise, it's business as usual.

TFC Cityboy
04-10-2012, 08:56 PM
agree 100% that now is the time to stand behind the team and support them -check the definition of the word 'supporter" :)
Way too early to be plotting any action. I personally feel we are a CB one midfielder and Torsten Frings away from being a decent side and now is not the time to panic.
Look at LA-1 win in 4 , 3 points only better off - early days, guys.

Wull
04-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Shoulda seen the apology on the video board by every habs player Saturday night.

I joked with Bluenose that we'd be receiving one of those some time in October 2012.

yes and we also saw another group of spineless wankers wearing Toronto jerseys roll over and die too easily.

Wull
04-10-2012, 09:12 PM
agree 100% that now is the time to stand behind the team and support them -check the definition of the word 'supporter" :)
Way too early to be plotting any action. I personally feel we are a CB one midfielder and Torsten Frings away from being a decent side and now is not the time to panic.

It's not the results that are getting to me, it's the gutless capitulation. Do we have to demand that they show some pride in the jersey before EVERY game?!

Abou Sky
04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
It's not the results that are getting to me, it's the gutless capitulation. Do we have to demand that they show some pride in the jersey before EVERY game?!

I guess we do...

They looked like they were fuckin the dog on Saturday, my house league kids work harder.

Maybe Aron Winter needs Darth Vader to get the boys in line. Winter is so damn soft spoken.

whyalwaysme11
04-10-2012, 09:54 PM

u are my fav poster.

agree on the supporter definition
we need to give winter at least the full year before we make any comments on anything
back to the leafs for a sec burkies thing today was very encouraging
again just as encouraging as the book we all got in the fall
with these types of promises i expect results
i already wrote off the first 5 years using the excuse that toronto did not have the same youth systems and management expertise as vancouver and montreal does

Cashcleaner
04-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Not sure a protest is going to work. Let's be honest: it's not like MLSE wants to lose. Obviously they would rather win. Obviously there is more cash in winning as well. To me the number one problem is usually that the players lack heart. I look at other MLS teams, and they seem to have heart and grit in abundance - whereas we seem to have none. It's frustrating. I can only assume that players don't really want to be in Toronto. Sure the city is big and fun, but it doesn't carry as much weight as playing in an American city. Also our weather is pretty poor, and our stadium is even worse. I'd be depressed too if I was a professional and had to play in a high school stadium. I think you can do a lot to make this city more attractive for players and thereby inspiring them to play better.

It would not surprise me in the least if Toronto FC is a club that other MLS players now try to avoid playing for. I say that in all seriousness. Again, we have to realize that nothing in this world exists in a vacuum, and professional athletes and managers are no different. Look at the drama that has occurred since almost Day 1 at TFC. We've had a multitude of players and coaches through the revolving doors of BMO Field, many of whom departed under very questionable circumstances.

Do these individuals not talk to others about their experiences? Are we really to believe that word doesn't spread around the league about how certain players or coaches were treated by their former clubs, respectively? I think it's entirely possible, perhaps even likely, that many MLS players have been told to avoid this club for a number of reasons and perhaps that for many that are here now, it's not where they want to be - thus the lack of heart displayed, as you mentioned.

Roogsy
04-11-2012, 08:30 AM
yes and we also saw another group of spineless wankers wearing Toronto jerseys roll over and die too easily.

Are you talking the Leafs, the Raptors or TFC? Never mind...I'll just assume all 3! :lol:

Super
04-11-2012, 08:42 AM
It would not surprise me in the least if Toronto FC is a club that other MLS players now try to avoid playing for. I say that in all seriousness. Again, we have to realize that nothing in this world exists in a vacuum, and professional athletes and managers are no different. Look at the drama that has occurred since almost Day 1 at TFC. We've had a multitude of players and coaches through the revolving doors of BMO Field, many of whom departed under very questionable circumstances.

Do these individuals not talk to others about their experiences? Are we really to believe that word doesn't spread around the league about how certain players or coaches were treated by their former clubs, respectively? I think it's entirely possible, perhaps even likely, that many MLS players have been told to avoid this club for a number of reasons and perhaps that for many that are here now, it's not where they want to be - thus the lack of heart displayed, as you mentioned.

Excellent points made. And I think that gets to the heart (no pun intended) of the debate in this thread: what is a protest going to accomplish if the problem with our club is lack of heart in our players? It would seem to me that a protest would just make players want to leave even more. We're the client, and no one wants to work for a disgrunted client. If we want to inspire the players, maybe the correct response to our current situation would be to raise the non-existant roof and show the players that we're behind them - regardless of what we think about management. Also, this team made the semi-final in the CCL - and a week later we're saying they're a shit team? I get it - 4 defeats in a row in the MLS is not great, but we have to give the lads a bit of credit after the biggest accomplishment made in Canadian club history.

Red Rat
04-11-2012, 09:09 AM

I am so with you on this.

trane
04-11-2012, 09:39 AM
^ I would not believe this last year, but year after year, there seems to be something lacking in the soul of this club. This may speak to A root problem.

Oldtimer
04-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Are you talking the Leafs, the Raptors or TFC? Never mind...I'll just assume all 3! :lol:

:lol:

We can also add the Jays... what a stinker of a home opener!

ginkster88
04-11-2012, 10:42 AM

Really? Six innings 1 ER from the starter, two shutdown innings by middle relief and a likely-nervous closer's meltdown in his first home opener ever is a stinker?

I guess the 7-3 throttling last night to bounce back doesn't count for you.

More heart on that team in the infield alone than on the rest of Toronto's teams combined.

Technorgasm
04-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Why are we so uncomfortable with being the WORST team in the league.

fuck.
we shoudl be used to it.
its our EXPECTATIONS that need fixing first. . .

(ya cuz its the amazing support's fault that we suck the bigest sweatiest hairiest balls)

Abou Sky
04-11-2012, 11:15 AM
http://images.wikia.com/gijoe/images/1/14/Cobra_Commander_colors.jpg

Anselmi between press conferences.

RedFives
04-11-2012, 11:17 AM
I've been to two games this season so far and have found lots to enjoy. The Skydome game was great, showed a tone of heart. And then the crew game a few weeks back where we couldn't score in a brothel with hundred dollars hanging outta our TFC undies. What i liked about the crew game was we were taking the ball off their midfielders as if by whim. Couldn't finish but at least we had that going for us.

As for a protest of the teams suckiness. how about a good old fashion chant of "We're not really good, we're not really good, we're not really, we're not really, we're not really good" And repeat until that thing happens where our goal total is higher than the opposition at the end of 90mins of play.

Tommy
04-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Jays are looking great, don't know what your talking about "Moderator".

Tommy
04-11-2012, 05:02 PM

Jays looking pretty good to me, don't know what your watching!

Cashcleaner
04-12-2012, 01:23 AM
The Jays actually look like a team with most of the pieces in place for the season. I'm not gonna say they're heading for the playoffs, mostly because the Yankees and Red Sox make AL East is such a hard division to be in, but the Blue Jays have a pretty solid roster. I don't think anyone should count them out of playoff contention.

Cashcleaner
04-12-2012, 02:25 AM
Excellent points made. And I think that gets to the heart (no pun intended) of the debate in this thread: what is a protest going to accomplish if the problem with our club is lack of heart in our players? It would seem to me that a protest would just make players want to leave even more. We're the client, and no one wants to work for a disgruntled client. If we want to inspire the players, maybe the correct response to our current situation would be to raise the non-existent roof and show the players that we're behind them - regardless of what we think about management. Also, this team made the semi-final in the CCL - and a week later we're saying they're a shit team? I get it - 4 defeats in a row in the MLS is not great, but we have to give the lads a bit of credit after the biggest accomplishment made in Canadian club history.

Well, if you're asking me whether I think a protest would be effective, I would say no. Unfortunately, because various supporters from all the major supporter groups have already marched and protested everything under the sun during our first five seasons, nobody at the club or with the general fanbase is likely to take us seriously now. The story of The Boy who cried wolf comes to mind.

And as much as I've been hounding the club lately, I actually don't believe any action taken along those lines is even warranted. Not yet, at least.

Chivas and Chicago will be better indicators of how well we can handle older mid-table clubs who aren't going through any major transitions. Sure, this is Koplas's first season coach the Fire, but it's not like he's a new name to the club. Hopefully, Winter and de Klerk will be coming up with some new tactical and personnel changes for these two matches, because if they expect to win with the same old tired formations and strategies they've been using thus far, they are going to be in for a shock.