PDA

View Full Version : mcbride?

NateDoGG
07-11-2008, 05:36 PM
my friend in england (a fulham season ticket holder) just msgd me saying mcbride has gone to tfc
anyone confirm this?

kitchener-TFC
07-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I hope it's true!

Kickit09
yeah, his plane had to refuel on its way to chicago

Roogsy
LOL!

Suck on it Shit-Cago! If this is true...not only did we stick it to Chicago...we have gotten a proven scorer.

Can you confirm this anywhere? It would be great to find out for sure.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-11-2008, 05:39 PM
my friend in england just msgd me saying mcbride has gone to tfc
anyone confirm this?

why dont you text him back and ask for a link?:noidea:

noochie
07-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Uh huh... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skepticism)

TFC07
07-11-2008, 05:45 PM
I would be shocked if this is true. Maybe McBride going to Toronto and try to talk to Mo about the deal or something.

But if somehow, this is true, then this will be a big slap to USMNT fans faces. Just imagine how pissed off they'll be seeing their hero wearing a TFC kit and beating their teams. :D

Broadview
07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Most likely shoddy reporting. It may have been noted that we have the rights to him, which is true, but we all know that's not even half the story.

I don't mean shoddy reporting on your friends part Nate, I just mean "Allocation Order" is a pretty foreign process to the British press.

However, if it is true, then...yay.

noochie
07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
He probably stumbled over a 6-week old link that had the words TFC and McBride in it and never bothered to read any more because it is MLS-related.

I would love for this to happen at this point in the season however realistically... seems pretty far-fetched. That or Mo is the best salesman on the planet.

On the bright side... Brian could make his debut at home after all :)

Smenge
07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
If we wait long enough, Mo can sign one of his kids.

Pachuco
07-11-2008, 05:51 PM
anyone confirm this?

Just curiuos, does your friend have connections or he simply lives in England? if it's the latter, well, people in Chicago and Toronto are closer to what's going on than England is anyways.

noochie
07-11-2008, 05:51 PM

So like another month then? ;)

Pachuco
07-11-2008, 05:52 PM
So like another month then? ;)

next month we can sign his grandson

Broadview
07-11-2008, 05:52 PM

Chicago is getting pretty bitter over all the McBride stuff, they may have filed discoveries on the mini-Mo's.

Kickit09
07-11-2008, 05:54 PM
and we all know what the english press/media is like

Pachuco
07-11-2008, 05:54 PM
by the way, if you just broke some crazy news I would have to buy you a beer if not two.

Corpand
07-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Imagine McBride playing against Chicago tomorrow???

Roogsy
07-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Or in the playoffs? BOOYA!

MG42
07-11-2008, 06:09 PM
anyone confirm this?

wow...if true this would rival the Matty11 and Big Bruva news breaks!!!

Smenge
07-11-2008, 06:30 PM
A friend of mine in Botswana emailed me telling me McBride flew to Toronto seeking refugee status, and will be applying for Canadian permanent residency, cause he hates playing soccer on real grass. Then, after he retires, he plans to move to Iceland to start a new soccer training academy. Yep, this is all true folks.

Broadview
07-11-2008, 06:41 PM
A friend of mine in Botswana emailed me telling me McBride flew to Toronto seeking refugee status, and will be applying for Canadian permanent residency, cause he hates playing soccer on real grass. Then, after he retires, he plans to move to Iceland to start a new soccer training academy. Yep, this is all true folks.

Link?

ManUtd4ever
07-11-2008, 06:41 PM

:rofl:

Razcle
07-11-2008, 07:39 PM

No link no love....:hump:

NateDoGG
07-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Just curiuos, does your friend have connections or he simply lives in England? if it's the latter, well, people in Chicago and Toronto are closer to what's going on than England is anyways.

hes a fulham season ticket holder, and has been for many years
inside info?

CretanBull
07-12-2008, 01:12 AM
In England it may have been reported that he's coming to Toronto since we have his rights and his only way back into the MLS is to either play for us, or have us trade him.

Rawkus_420
07-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Imagine McBride playing against Chicago tomorrow???

yah then he turns around and fires one into our own net to teach us a lesson. I would murder.

Canadian Blue
07-12-2008, 10:32 AM
McBride on TFC = MLS Cup

Smenge
07-12-2008, 10:34 AM
If McBride scores into our own net, Cunningham will be seen running up and down the sidelines with his shirt off, yelling: "i culd do dat man"

Corpand
07-12-2008, 11:05 AM
If McBride scores into our own net, Cunningham will be seen running up and down the sidelines with his shirt off, yelling: "i culd do dat man"

Actually laughed out loud here!!
sad part is that it could happen...

ensco
07-12-2008, 11:08 AM
If McBride were willing to play somewhere other than Chicago, it would have to be for big DP money, because he's still worth a couple of million a year based on his scoring last year, I think.

Seems implausible

Smenge
07-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Who knows what is possible when it comes to mlse money. They spent a fortune signing Fingers to the leafs, a player who may play 10 minutes per game, and never contribute anything offensively. If MO wanted Mcbride, and if McBride wanted MO, Peddie would be able to pay the guy with cash on hand he bags in his office safe.

NateDoGG
07-12-2008, 05:06 PM
if its gonna happen, or is happening, it will be very soon. the epl season is not far away.

sidney
07-12-2008, 07:52 PM
makes f-in-sense. TFC needs a striker, and McBride is, well, a striker. Not ideal, as Danny D. and McBride are similar strikers, but what the fuck, beggars can't be choosers.

Big Bruva
07-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I think Mcbride is a good striker and would/will be a very good MLS striker but i hope we all realise that he wants to go home to Chicago to FINISH his career a he is 36 and if by any chance TFC do pull out the deal and get him it will most likely only be good for the remaining of this season and most likely next.

There is a good possibility that Mcbride may be in the mindset of finishing his career which could lead to us not seeing what we have seen him do in the Prem.

I know TFC are desperate for a DP striker but i personally would prefer someone else and the last player that i have heard about Mo trying to get (Gomes) is the kinda calibre/age that i think a DP should be.

Let hope TFC get a DP striker soon.