PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted - Center Back - 3 Positions to Be Filled

skypilot69
04-08-2012, 12:12 PM
MLSE/Aselmi/Winter/Marriner have FAILED TO GET THE EXPERIENED CENTER BACK WE WRE PROMISED LAST YEAR!!!

They can’t tell us that they could not find 1 DP Center Back to join TFC in over a year? What a joke!!

Who is this shit can Emory (not good enough for Sunday league – signing/playing this one is an insult to our intelligence – like a Mo Johnson production)

Either they will not pay what it costs (probably) or they don’t have a clue (less probable). Whatever the reason, it is totally unacceptable!!!

Now the situation is so bad we need 3 Center backs with experience

Who, When, Where are we going to get these players??? Until those I mentioned above start to get it, we are truly f'cked, and for the entire season

Even if they brought the top 3 center backs in the world into the team right now (I mean today, not some distant time in a bleak future) they would take time to settle and by then the season would be half over and another year of no playoffs with even the Montreal Shit'Pact finishing above last place TO.

THESE A'HOLES BETTER GET THEIR COLLECTIVE FINGERS OUT AND DO THEIR JOBS!!!
GOD KNOWS WE SUPPORTERS (Who pay their wages) HAVE GONE OVER AND ABOVE THE CALL OF DUTY FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS. THEY WILL BE LUCKY TO AVG 17 – 18 K Per Game this year and next year I figure 10K maybe

ALL I’m ASKING FOR IS TO PUT UP OR SHUT THE F”CK UP. SO WE CAN CONTINUE TO SUPPORT OR JUST WALK AWAY!

TO HELP these inept Twats let’s make a list of potential EXPERIENED CENTER BACKS and send it to the team to give them some idea about what they should be doing!

I THINK THE TEAM NEEDS TO START TO SHOW THE SUPPORTERS RESPECT NOW!!! BECAUSE REAL SOON THEY WON”T NEED TO BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO SUPPORTERS TO RESPECT!!!

A VERY PISSED 6 Year SSH SUPPORTER

EMAIL THESE CLOWNS TO BELLOW OUR DISCUST!

spe18
04-08-2012, 12:55 PM
MLSE/Aselmi/Winter/Marriner have FAILED TO GET THE EXPERIENED CENTER BACK WE WRE PROMISED LAST YEAR!!!

They can’t tell us that they could not find 1 DP Center Back to join TFC in over a year? What a joke!!

Who is this shit can Emory (not good enough for Sunday league – signing/playing this one is an insult to our intelligence – like a Mo Johnson production)

Either they will not pay what it costs (probably) or they don’t have a clue (less probable). Whatever the reason, it is totally unacceptable!!!

Who, When, Where are we going to get these players??? Until those I mentioned above start to get it, we are truly f'cked, and for the entire season

Even if they brought the top 3 center backs in the world into the team right now (I mean today, not some distant time in a bleak future) they would take time to settle and by then the season would be half over and another year of no playoffs with even the Montreal Shit'Pact finishing above last place TO.

GOD KNOWS WE SUPPORTERS (Who pay their wages) HAVE GONE OVER AND ABOVE THE CALL OF DUTY FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS. THEY WILL BE LUCKY TO AVG 17 – 18 K Per Game this year and next year I figure 10K maybe

ALL I’m ASKING FOR IS TO PUT UP OR SHUT THE F”CK UP. SO WE CAN CONTINUE TO SUPPORT OR JUST WALK AWAY!

TO HELP these inept Twats let’s make a list of potential EXPERIENED CENTER BACKS and send it to the team to give them some idea about what they should be doing!

I THINK THE TEAM NEEDS TO START TO SHOW THE SUPPORTERS RESPECT NOW!!! BECAUSE REAL SOON THEY WON”T NEED TO BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO SUPPORTERS TO RESPECT!!!

As I mentioned on another board, probably the answer is they're going to have to sign a good quality CB as a DP. BUT, that can't be done until after this season when JDG's contract comes to an end. And also, there is a shortage of good, quality CBs in the league at the moment, so I doubt you can do a trade. Keeping in mind we are still paying for the mistakes Mo Johnston & Co. made.

prizby
04-08-2012, 01:02 PM
you are going to have to answer some questions:

1. Who do you get rid of to free up the cap room necessary for this to happen?
2. How do you reasonably get rid of that or these people. (This would mean coming up with a reasonable and doable option; not playing in the fantasy world).
3. Tell me who you would bring in and how much they are going to cost?
4. Tell me how they are going to fit into the lineup, the style that Winter wants to play, and deal with living potentially out of their comfort zone, away from home, being comfortable on the ball, and being comfortable against MLS opposion and its physicality.

Let me know

sashavukelich
04-08-2012, 01:10 PM

2. How do you reasonably get rid of that or these people. (This would mean coming up with a reasonable and doable option; not playing in the fantasy world).
4. Tell me how they are going to fit into the lineup, the style that Winter wants to play, and deal with living potentially out of their comfort zone, away from home, being comfortable on the ball, and being comfortable against MLS opposion and its physicality.

Let me know

Hey Priz, i totally agree with your questions. But other teams seem to be able to achieve this goal, esp teams witht less resources such as SanJose, Dallas, Columbus. Something has to give. Anselmi helps run MLSE and ALL of our toronto teams are terrible.

[NBF]
04-08-2012, 02:15 PM

Let me know

For some reason, whenever anyone has something to say about the roster, you always have some excuse to do with the cap room, but the answer to all those questions is to have a plan to do with salaries and being able to evaluate players based on their skill. You just can't corner yourself into a situation like the one TFC is under right now.

With that said....

I have a question with regards to DeGuzman and Frings, because I thought both of their contracts were due this season and not just DeGuzman.

As to who you bring into the team? How about you start with Shavar Thomas who was available to be picked up as a free agent in the off season. He looked pretty good defending against Koevermans. What about Jack Stewart who was on loan with FC Dallas last season, why not pick him up on loan? There's options out there but there's no action for what reason are they constantly delaying things for is beyond me.

razor787
04-08-2012, 02:19 PM

And how exactly would we sign one? We have 3 DP's already (league maximum). To get rid of DeGuz they have the option on waiting a year, and getting something out of the player, or paying him a 1.9m lump sum, to ask him to leave. If you were running the club, you would keep him too.

I like emory. He isn't the best player on the pitch, and he has made some mistakes, but give him time. He is still settling into the team and system. I think he will work out to be a very usable player.

What evidence is there for them not paying? We currently have 3 DP's, Winter has said he wants a DP on each line, and MLSE has proved that they aren't afraid of spending. They are spending MILLIONS on a TFC academy, and have invested millions in DP's for the club. The evidence points to them wanting to bring in a DP defender, which likely has some people upset in itself.

It was us telling the club what to do that got us DeGuzman. Do you really want to risk doing that again?

At least you aren't asking us to start another protest :P

skypilot69
04-08-2012, 02:26 PM

Let me know

1 Tell De Guzeman to sling his hook today! Surplus to requirements!!! Pay off his Salary and let the door hit his ass on the way out!!! Done!

2 "Dunshit”, "Arseholeval", "Sunday League Emory", and "Ty Hardly (no never) on" are all crap which I think has been clear since day one. Cut all 4 and if you have to pay them off so be it. They are not only, not earning their salary, they are also destroying our joke of a team. MLSE needs to foot the bill $$$$$ for their mistakes and pay to bring in professional "Trialists" with quality, not of the lack of quality of the aforementioned.

3. That's the question I'm asking Who, When and Where?

Any thoughts are welcome. We sold Edu for 5 Million, Why can't MLSE spring for 5-10 Million to bring in the DP Center Defender we have been promised. It's not like MLSE are short a few bob!!

4. Like I said, it will take time for players to settle, which is why NOW IS THE TIME TO PULL THE TRIGGER OR HAVE A LAST PLACE TEAM AND AN EMPTY BMO. If a player can't live outside his comfort zone and deal with physicality of football he should play checkers not footie and he deffo wouldn't play for me! I'm talking about a real footballer, a man, a real pro like Frings, not f’cking light weights!

I want the best for the team, I just want to be able to be proud of our team not pissed at their lack of respect for themselves, us supporters and the city of TO. Especially when you go to MTL and beat yourself. Disrespecting your club like that is beyond belief!!!

Foot Note: Saw the winter interview and he looks pissed, let’s see if anything positive comes out of it, I am praying so. But sadly I don’t think much will change. With the shit we put on the field yesterday we would have created less mistakes if we played with 7 men instead of 11.

Cheers

sp69

Yohan
04-08-2012, 02:35 PM
^you have zero ideal how mls works. Do some research on how the league works in terms of salary cap and transfers before shooting your mouth off

jabbronies
04-08-2012, 02:41 PM
I think what the original poster is forgetting is that TFC already have two starting CB that they want to use. Adrian Cann and Dicoy Williams. This is who the team is putting all their faith in on the back line. You are not going to see likely see anyone else coming in who is more experienced than those two players.

As others have stated - We don't have a DP spot to pick one up.

Also - Torsten Frings is another part of the defensive solution.

Once those 3 come back and have time (2-3 weeks/3-4 games) to prove themselves, I don't see massive changes happening.

cmonyoureds
04-08-2012, 02:42 PM

Let me know

I don't know the answer to those questions, but I'd like to ask another one -

WHO THE HECK GETS FIRED FOR PUTTING US IN THIS POSITION TO BEGIN WITH?????

spe18
04-08-2012, 02:46 PM

WHO THE HECK GETS FIRED FOR PUTTING US IN THIS POSITION TO BEGIN WITH?????

The individual in question has already been fired: Mo Johnston

Yohan
04-08-2012, 03:01 PM

WHO THE HECK GETS FIRED FOR PUTTING US IN THIS POSITION TO BEGIN WITH?????mariner and winter for tying up 1.05mil out of 2.8 salary cap on 3 players

69Chevy396
04-08-2012, 03:06 PM
At least you aren't asking us to start another protest :P
I feel bad for thr rpb. Hard to support a club that gives nothing back. I put my support into a dark cave and didnt renew. I feel relief, now I watch soccer on tv like I did for years and my blood pressure and angst are greatly reduced

ArmenJBX
04-08-2012, 03:11 PM
At this point I wouldn't rate Adrian Cann any higher than Logan Emory or Miguel Aceval - he's still big, slow and has poor feet, and coming off an injury, he'll be slower than before too.

Right now, Marvell Wynne is looking pretty damn good...

skypilot69
04-08-2012, 03:14 PM
^you have zero ideal how mls works. Do some research on how the league works in terms of salary cap and transfers before shooting your mouth off

1. I think you meant to use the word "idea not "ideal". If however, you meant "ideal" then you used the word out of context. Something you might want to keep an eye on in future.

2 It appears you are trying to communicate, that I '...have zero IDEAS Of how mls works". If that is what you are trying to say, then I understand your insult and do not appreciate it or find it helpful. I did not post on this board to insult anyone and expect the same in return.

3 Why don't you be helpful to a fellow supporter and use your obviously in depth knowledge of the workings of the MLS to the benefit of the “MLS ignorant masses” like myself and bestow such knowledge upon us.

4 By the way, I was not, as you rudely commented "...shooting my mouth off..." I was exercising my right to provide my opinion and would appreciate a little civility from you toward those whose opions differ from yours.

Thanks for your support

sp69

spe18
04-08-2012, 03:15 PM
mariner and winter for tying up 1.05mil out of 2.8 salary cap on 3 players

2 of them I'm guessing are Frings & Koovermans (which I have absolutely no problem with). Who is the 3rd?

Couchy81
04-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Armen is right Cann isn't the answer and his poor ball handling/distribution will again be the focus of this board's rage once he is starting again.

prizby
04-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey Priz, i totally agree with your questions. But other teams seem to be able to achieve this goal, esp teams witht less resources such as SanJose, Dallas, Columbus. Something has to give. Anselmi helps run MLSE and ALL of our toronto teams are terrible.

teams that have a bonafide number 1 CB (we don't yet).

I like using Real Salt Lake as a good example. Look at there (starting pairing) of Olave and Borchers. This is their 5th season together-they have played around 100 games together. In 2008, RSL gave up 39 goals, 2009-35, 2010-20, 2011 it went up to 36 (but olave then borchers i think had some injuries).

I dont think we have a defensive pairing that has more than 10 games together as a collective unit and you look back over the years, there prolly isn't one with more than 15 games experience together because we change it up so often. How can we reasonably expect results when they haven't gone past much of a feeling out process?

To be honest, I'd love to see Henry just play and play a lot this year and next year too. Let him grow, because by the time 2014 rolls around, I think he could be a bonfide number 1 CB in this league and maybe one of the top 10 best in the league, but if he doesn't play or continues to get time at RB, its not going to help. He also has a great leader in Frings to learn from. Not only that, I think he could be a great leader once he gets more experience.

Anselmi does help run MLSE and from a business perspective, he is brilliant. He has made the organziation millions and is not going anywhere. I think it would be fair to blame him for the past (in TFC's case up 'til 2010), but lets be honest here, Anselmi is no Al Davis or Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder. I think in terms of decision making, he's done what anyone else in his position did.

The Raptors hired Bryan Colangelo who had, by all indications, done a pretty respectable job at turning the Suns into a competitive team.
The Leafs hired Burke who had helped the Ducks win a Stanley Cup.
Anselmi I think realized he had next to no knowledge on how to build a team a MLS team hired a consultant (Klinsmann), someone who has an impressive background in football which led to the Winter/Mariner hiring and he, by all observations, gave them the reigns to TFC and the financial backing to build a world class facility, make more DP signings, and do everything they possibly can do (under MLS rules) to succeed. From a general observation, it looks TA & MLSE have taken a hands off approach when it comes to the running of these teams leaving it in the hands of people who have some sort of pedigree.

jloome
04-09-2012, 08:18 PM
1. I think you meant to use the word "idea not "ideal". If however, you meant "ideal" then you used the word out of context. Something you might want to keep an eye on in future.

2 It appears you are trying to communicate, that I '...have zero IDEAS Of how mls works". If that is what you are trying to say, then I understand your insult and do not appreciate it or find it helpful. I did not post on this board to insult anyone and expect the same in return.

3 Why don't you be helpful to a fellow supporter and use your obviously in depth knowledge of the workings of the MLS to the benefit of the “MLS ignorant masses” like myself and bestow such knowledge upon us.

4 By the way, I was not, as you rudely commented "...shooting my mouth off..." I was exercising my right to provide my opinion and would appreciate a little civility from you toward those whose opions differ from yours.

Thanks for your support

sp69

Actually, Yohan's right. Abrupt, but we're all tense these days.

Nothing you suggest is possible. We can't buy out DeGuzman, because under MLS regulations, his salary still counts against the cap. So there's no point. You just lose a body.

We have the third highest payroll in the league, once DPs are accounted for, so they're already spending the money.

These are deeper issues relative to corporate governance and atmosphere, and how that in turn affects the hiring and firing of coaching staff and players. It's not as simple as this, which is why he thought it was a stupid and uninformed post.

Yohan
04-09-2012, 08:40 PM

Thanks for your support

sp69
I don't mean to be insulting. However, your post was written out of ignorance of MLS rules, and I'm pretty sick of keep reposting same post every time. Run a search function next time.

Here are basically all the articles you need to figure out MLS rules. If you have questions afterwards, I'd be happy to answer them.

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/roster-rules-and-regulations

http://www.mlsplayers.org/salary_info.html

http://www.dynamotheory.com/2012/1/18/2716142/roster-rules-and-salary-cap-101-where-the-dynamo-stand-heading-in-to

http://www.dynamotheory.com/2012/1/20/2721398/mls-101-drafts-generation-adidas-trades

http://www.dynamotheory.com/2012/3/22/2742229/mls-101-re-entry-draft-contracts-right-of-refusal-and-the-cba

http://www.dynamotheory.com/2012/1/19/2718912/roster-rules-101-allocation-designated-players-discovery-and-home

sashavukelich
04-09-2012, 09:03 PM
teams that have a bonafide number 1 CB (we don't yet).

I like using Real Salt Lake as a good example. Look at there (starting pairing) of Olave and Borchers. This is their 5th season together-they have played around 100 games together. In 2008, RSL gave up 39 goals, 2009-35, 2010-20, 2011 it went up to 36 (but olave then borchers i think had some injuries).

I dont think we have a defensive pairing that has more than 10 games together as a collective unit and you look back over the years, there prolly isn't one with more than 15 games experience together because we change it up so often. How can we reasonably expect results when they haven't gone past much of a feeling out process?

To be honest, I'd love to see Henry just play and play a lot this year and next year too. Let him grow, because by the time 2014 rolls around, I think he could be a bonfide number 1 CB in this league and maybe one of the top 10 best in the league, but if he doesn't play or continues to get time at RB, its not going to help. He also has a great leader in Frings to learn from. Not only that, I think he could be a great leader once he gets more experience.

Anselmi does help run MLSE and from a business perspective, he is brilliant. He has made the organziation millions and is not going anywhere. I think it would be fair to blame him for the past (in TFC's case up 'til 2010), but lets be honest here, Anselmi is no Al Davis or Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder. I think in terms of decision making, he's done what anyone else in his position did.

The Raptors hired Bryan Colangelo who had, by all indications, done a pretty respectable job at turning the Suns into a competitive team.
The Leafs hired Burke who had helped the Ducks win a Stanley Cup.
Anselmi I think realized he had next to no knowledge on how to build a team a MLS team hired a consultant (Klinsmann), someone who has an impressive background in football which led to the Winter/Mariner hiring and he, by all observations, gave them the reigns to TFC and the financial backing to build a world class facility, make more DP signings, and do everything they possibly can do (under MLS rules) to succeed. From a general observation, it looks TA & MLSE have taken a hands off approach when it comes to the running of these teams leaving it in the hands of people who have some sort of pedigree.

well said Priz! I think some consistency would be ideal, but the fanbase is just so frustrated it's hard to be patient again. I'm with you though, i'l like Henry get a run out with Aceval, Morgan and Ecks. Harden, bless him, is just not a talented enough player to play in this high-pressure market and do well.

Rick Titus anyone??? ;)

I'm honestly not sure why we aren't trying to poach players from small markets with other players and allocation. Look how we got Ryan Johnson from SJ, we basically traded away debris (Gordon aside).

smtavare
04-09-2012, 09:04 PM
At this point I wouldn't rate Adrian Cann any higher than Logan Emory or Miguel Aceval - he's still big, slow and has poor feet, and coming off an injury, he'll be slower than before too.

Right now, Marvell Wynne is looking pretty damn good...

I think everyone forgot Cann played pretty shitty before his injury in 2011, and are just remembering his stellar 2010 Preki defensive year, where in Harden could also look like an allstar in that defensive craptacular system.

smtavare
04-09-2012, 09:18 PM
mariner and winter for tying up 1.05mil out of 2.8 salary cap on 3 players

Deguzman's salary was tied up by MoJo and is one of the biggest black eyes he gave this club before he left. Problem is that it's the last bruise to be healed!

Abou Sky
04-09-2012, 09:41 PM
actually, yohan's right. Abrupt, but we're all tense these days.

i just want to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prizby
04-09-2012, 10:24 PM
well said Priz! I think some consistency would be ideal, but the fanbase is just so frustrated it's hard to be patient again. I'm with you though, i'l like Henry get a run out with Aceval, Morgan and Ecks. Harden, bless him, is just not a talented enough player to play in this high-pressure market and do well.

Rick Titus anyone??? ;)

I'm honestly not sure why we aren't trying to poach players from small markets with other players and allocation. Look how we got Ryan Johnson from SJ, we basically traded away debris (Gordon aside).

Wonder how much it would cost to get Gordon back because I honestly believe he is the ideal backup for Danny Koevermans and he wasn't overly expensive either...also wonder if we could have parted with someone other than Gordon to get RJ...Gordon played the striker position in my opinion the way Winter wanted.

Yohan
04-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Wonder how much it would cost to get Gordon back because I honestly believe he is the ideal backup for Danny Koevermans and he wasn't overly expensive either...also wonder if we could have parted with someone other than Gordon to get RJ...Gordon played the striker position in my opinion the way Winter wanted.Gordon just came back from injury and scored vs Vancouver last weekend btw...

TFCBarrie
04-10-2012, 09:49 AM

Three DP's is a teams max. We cannot bring in another DP

Who is this shit can Emory (not good enough for Sunday league – signing/playing this one is an insult to our intelligence – like a Mo Johnson production

Emory has been, arguably, our best defender in every game he's appeared. Which is ridiculous since this is a new team and a tougher league than his previous experiences

Or the salary cap prevents it.

We already have a glutton of CB's, why do we need three? 1 or 2, ok, but we already have 5 CB's (Emory would make it 6)

You can't ask this question without having answers.

If you believe that, why are you shitting bricks? if all is lost, then just wait for next year.

Supporters don't pay staff wages, in any sport, unless the club is publicly owned and operated

NOT another protest. That would be ridiculous.

See above, in bold.

Fort York Redcoat
04-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Wonder how much it would cost to get Gordon back because I honestly believe he is the ideal backup for Danny Koevermans and he wasn't overly expensive either...also wonder if we could have parted with someone other than Gordon to get RJ...Gordon played the striker position in my opinion the way Winter wanted.

Gordon just came back from injury and scored vs Vancouver last weekend btw...

I liked Gordon a lot.

He did not like it here and loves the west coast. Not impossible but this doesn't feel like the thread where we overpay for people:noidea:

MartinUtd
04-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Bring back Mista, play him at CB