PDA

View Full Version : Doniel Henry

Doucet3
04-07-2012, 11:04 PM
I've like the youngin since the academy and think he's improved steadily and greatly over the years, what's your perspective on his future, in my view I could see him being a full time CB in 1-3 years?

Ron Manager
04-08-2012, 07:34 AM
In all honesty, I was very excited to see him come on yesrerday. When I realized it was for Ecks.....I was confused. I like his pace, aggressiveness and athleticism and would love to see him start over Harden a bit to give him a chance. He can't be worse and at least his mistakes could be attributed to youth with a realistic belief he will learn and improve.

Abou Sky
04-08-2012, 07:48 AM
I don't think we can wait a year or three, he may be that far from MLS standards but he is well within TFC standards...

I would like to see him and Aceval together flanked by Eck and Morgan and see what happens.

razor787
04-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I would assume that he replaced Ecks because he picked up that yellow. We can't afford losing Ecks for the next game, so we were forced to do the swap (and Henry does have SOME experience there)

At the moment, i dont think Henry is the right fit. He is good off the bench, but is not someone we should start yet. I think he will potentially be able to start next year (with a weak back line) but the year after that, he will be ready for starters minutes.

prizby
04-08-2012, 02:10 PM
henry will never be ready to start unless he gets first team playing experience...going to have to play him sometime

(notice how when morgan got first team opportunities, all of a sudden he was able to start as well)

Yohan
04-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Henry needs a loan to nasl team. Maybe even csl team for first team mins

tfctfctfc
04-08-2012, 05:16 PM
He's going to be good if they're patient and let him work his way up... unfortunately they don't have that luxury so they're going to need to start him sooner rather than later

PopePouri
04-08-2012, 05:59 PM
He'll be 19 in 2 weeks. He's been with the first team setup for 18 months. That's fine for starting IMO ahead of Harden. I'd like to see a Henry/Cann partnership.

Auzzy
04-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Because a couple of people were wondering about this, I wanted to mention that Henry replaced Ecks because Ecks has been battling a groin injury for the past week. Playing on plastic on Saturday made it worse.
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/04/ecks-mistakes-costing-us