PDA

View Full Version : MLS Week 5 thread

Yohan
04-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Couple of midweek games this week, but no Sun games

Wed 4 Apr
Montreal at Real Salt Lake, 9pm
-Montreal put in a decent effort but got destroyed by NY previous game and now going to Rio Tinto to face RSL team that won a comeback victory at Portland. Javier Morales putting up stats injured and now he's match fit. RSL 2-0 Mtl

Thurs 5 Apr
New England at Dallas, 830pm
-New England is making a case being the dark horse team in the East, winning 3-1 at LA. Pieces are finally clicking together, and they are doing it without Benny Feilhaber. Should be enough to take a point against Dallas team who had a rough two game road trip. NE 1-1 Dallas

Sat 7 Apr
Toronto at Montreal, 12pm
-Both teams will play on Wed, plus the turf at Big O, and poor form in the league means a bit of a snoozer of a game. TFC 1-1 Mtl

New York at Columbus, 3pm
-Thierry Henry is angry. When Henry gets angry, he motivates himself to carry the team on his back and that's exactly what he's done last two games. Henry/Cooper combo has so far been the deadliest striker combo in MLS so far this season, and Columbus who was lucky to get 3 pts in Toronto don't have enough to stop Henry and co. New York 3-1 Columbus

Los Angeles at Kansas City, 4pm
-My pick for game of the week has out of form LA visit the hottest team in the league in KC, who have won 4 in a row. Arena will have gotten LA more motivated after losing against a poor NE at home, but I think KC's hot form will continue, especially at home. KC 2-1 LA

Vancouver at San Jose, 7pm
-My pick for the snoozer of the week has Vancouver, who managed to get 4 clean sheets in a row visit SJ team that's been getting points somehow. Vancouver's sputtering offence and SJ's inconsistency means a pretty boring game. Vancouver 0-0 San Jose

Seattle at DC United, 730pm
-Will the real DC please stand up? Maybe things have finally come together for DC who are firing on all cylinders lately, (and winger Nick DeLeon making a case for Rookie of the Year) and this is without DeRo scoring. Seattle looks to miss playmaker Mauro Rosales badly, and either Montero or Estrada will have to step up big time to get anything at RFK. DC 2-1 Seattle

Colorado at Real Salt Lake, 9pm
-Two rivals clash in this battle as a healthy RSL squad looks to assert their dominance in the West over Colorado who looked ok vs Chicago, but more like outlasted Chicago with the help of altitude in their victory. Hot RSL squad at home is pretty much unbeatable, and Colorado just haven't shown enough consistency yet. RSL 2-1 Colorado

Chivas USA at Portland, 1030pm
-Portland will want to get back on track after losing a heartbreaker at home vs RSL, and hapless Chivas USA team looks to be the perfect victim to take 3 pts from. Portland 2-0 Chivas USA

Yohan
04-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Goals of week from week 4

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/04/02/vote-att-goal-week-week-4#

Roogsy
04-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Man all those goals of the week were pretty awesome. Great stuff.

Definitely want to see what my boy DeRo and DC do with Seattle visiting. I have no idea what to make of that team.

Yohan
04-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Man all those goals of the week were pretty awesome. Great stuff.

Definitely want to see what my boy DeRo and DC do with Seattle visiting. I have no idea what to make of that team.hence why I think Jekyl and Hyde team... esp that Santos dude. one game he looks like a 15 goal scorer, and the other 9 games he looks worse than Lombardo

Yohan
04-03-2012, 11:01 AM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2012/04/thierry-henry-new-york-red-bulls-leader.html#more

Henry finally living up to his hype and role as captain of NY?

Petor
04-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Been having some fun watching MLS Live.
I have noticed that in quite a few games that teams that dominate the stats are not winning their share of games.
Maybe this is normal for this early in a season.

On an off note, during the Colorado telecast they mentioned a promo during the game,
I thought that I had heard it wrong until I looked it up online...
Well Fuddle Duddle me!
If they had this promo here they would sell out the SkyDome in one day and then they would have to use water cannons and tear gas on the ones who lucked out! :rolleyes5:
Colorado has a good team and those beers are Heinekens!

http://www.tickethorse.com/Promotions.aspx?id=BTU2wDp8LaA%3D

Yohan
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
^lol. that would have cost like 110 bucks or something in Toronto

Petor
04-03-2012, 12:24 PM
^lol. that would have cost like 110 bucks or something in Toronto

A ticket, a Heineken, a hotdog and a scarf for $44 total for TWO people, there is a $12 "Convenience" fee but that includes parking!