PDA

View Full Version : Limpact Reds Reserve League, Wed. April 11 at 1 pm

Red CB Toronto
04-01-2012, 04:45 PM
So the Reds MLS reserve league match at home vs. the Limpact originally on the sked as a table has been set for Wednesday, April 11 at BMO Field. Kickoff is 1 pm. Typically spectators have been kept to the east stand of the stadium for reserve games. So if you are kicking around and have some free time on your hands come on down to cheer on the "Reds" !!!

We could even sing "there is only one Greg Sutton for old times sake" :D

Greatest Ripoff
04-01-2012, 11:10 PM
I am going to try to make this. Are these games free?

Red CB Toronto
04-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Yes they are, they have you enter through Gate 1.

Greatest Ripoff
04-02-2012, 11:53 AM
On a related note, did anyone stick around for the reserve match on the weekend? Any thoughts on Cann? Anyone look good for Toronto?

Abou Sky
04-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Cann looked healthy, although neither side looked to be playing all that hard, looked more like a pickup game between some friends than a hard fought football match.

Red CB Toronto
04-08-2012, 04:09 PM
So I know the time of day will make it hard for lots of people to attend on Wednesday afternoon, but if you have time to spare come on out and support the Reds as they look to take on the L'impact in MLS reserve league action. I have always enjoyed the reserve games.

Red CB Toronto
04-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Game is going to be played at Downsview Park.

Rocket Robin
04-09-2012, 09:06 PM
On a related note, did anyone stick around for the reserve match on the weekend? Any thoughts on Cann? Anyone look good for Toronto?

http://22066.vws.magma.ca/reports12/12tfc008.htm
A few pictures from that Reserves game against Columbus.

Red CB Toronto
04-09-2012, 09:56 PM

Will you have a report for the game on Wednesday?

Red CB Toronto
04-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Further update, game time is now 11 am, at Downsview despite what the MLS site saying 1 pm at BMO Field.

Greatest Ripoff
04-10-2012, 03:19 PM
shit, I wont be able to leave work long enough to make it to Downsview from downtown.

Rocket Robin
04-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Will you have a report for the game on Wednesday?

If the team can finally settle on a time to play.....
Thanks for another update on yet another change in time. So 11am start? OK

Yohan
04-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Further update, game time is now 11 am, at Downsview despite what the MLS site saying 1 pm at BMO Field.

I've never been. anyone got directions?

Greatest Ripoff
04-10-2012, 03:33 PM
I've never been. anyone got directions?

You need to take the 101 bus from Downsview subway station. Take it to the centre of the park and walk south past the large hanger.

http://www.ttc.ca/Routes/101/RouteDescription.jsp?tabName=route

http://www.ttc.ca/images/Route_maps/101map.gif

Klinsmann
04-10-2012, 03:38 PM

A few picturs I took too
http://www.flickr.com/photos/klinsmann2011/sets/72157629716545069/

Red CB Toronto
04-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Here is a map if driving.

http://www.downsviewpark.ca/eng/contact_us.shtml#map

Also here is the info from the TFC website.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/04/toronto-montreal-meet-again

mowe
04-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Who coaches these games?

Red CB Toronto
04-10-2012, 05:00 PM
The 101 is not running right now, you have to take the 84 from Sheppard or Downsview Station to the gates of Downsview Park and walk in.

Red CB Toronto
04-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Report from Impact's website including their lineup.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2012/04/reserve-league-impact-face-toronto-fc-wednesday

Red CB Toronto
04-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Who coaches these games?

Jason Bent and Danny Dichio coached the last game, Winter and BDK watched from the stands.

prizby
04-10-2012, 11:07 PM
hink i'll be coming out to it!

Klinsmann
04-11-2012, 11:41 AM
I heard TFCr lost 1-0 to MontrealR today... :facepalm:

cincy
04-11-2012, 12:03 PM
as per twitter yes ^^^^^

Yohan
04-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Ya. It was a well struck goal. The first team was also there and hanging out. Looks like they have a day off. My thoughts on the match later

prizby
04-11-2012, 12:20 PM
lost 1-0...great goal by Fucito; half volley on a tight angle...best goal all season

Phil
04-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Ya. It was a well struck goal. The first team was also there and hanging out. Looks like they have a day off. My thoughts on the match later

Looking forward to it, thanks for that!

jazzy
04-11-2012, 01:02 PM
geez gotta wonder bout this team, closely guarded secret about reserve games (relatively) I mean I was near there this morning and only had time now to check out our web pg., can't understand why everything isn't more enthusiastically promoted. esp since they are definitely in debt to their fan base....IMHO.........my invitation to the mlse private exec club must be in the mail

KRO
04-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I went along as it's 5 minutes from where I work. It was cold and windy with a hard pitch so it was tough conditions to play good football. On balance I think Montreal deserved their win and the goal was a good one. The first team were there (except Frings, Johnston and Aceval). They stood with the regular punters (all 12 of us). Dunfield and Koevermans went to Tim's at half time and brought back coffee and donuts! I asked Soolsma if attendance was compulsory and he said it was, but having said that they seemed to be having a good time.
Cann had a good 60 minutes and looked solid and fit. Henry had the last 30 minutes. Burgos was probably the best TFC player, always looking for the ball. Stinson only played the first half and looked OK. Emery played 90 minutes which makes sense as he's suspended for Saturday. Reggie Lamb played 45 minutes and nearly made a goal. Otherwise. we looked weak up front and their keeper only had to make one save from a deflected shot. I don't know who our centre forward was. I don't think he was an academy player and I was not that impressed.
I will be posting some photos when I get a chance.

nickio
04-11-2012, 01:49 PM
I went along as it's 5 minutes from where I work. It was cold and windy with a hard pitch so it was tough conditions to play good football. On balance I think Montreal deserved their win and the goal was a good one. The first team were there (except Frings, Johnston and Aceval). They stood with the regular punters (all 12 of us). Dunfield and Koevermans went to Tim's at half time and brought back coffee and donuts! I asked Soolsma if attendance was compulsory and he said it was, but having said that they seemed to be having a good time.
Cann had a good 60 minutes and looked solid and fit. Henry had the last 30 minutes. Burgos was probably the best TFC player, always looking for the ball. Stinson only played the first half and looked OK. Emery played 90 minutes which makes sense as he's suspended for Saturday. Reggie Lamb played 45 minutes and nearly made a goal. Otherwise. we looked weak up front and their keeper only had to make one save from a deflected shot. I don't know who our centre forward was. I don't think he was an academy player and I was not that impressed.
I will be posting some photos when I get a chance.

Johnson and Aceval were there, but not with the main group, they were by the entrance...

I would also add Cordon to having a pretty good game. He was pretty consistent and very energetic. Cann looked pretty good, I hope that he is ready to play soon.

Interestingly enough, Bob, Winter and Mariner stood separately and didn't talk to each other until almost the very end. I heard of it in hockey, where the coaches don't talk to each during scouting and share thoughts after the game to avoid biases..

KRO
04-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Here are some photos of the game and the first team watching
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36051316@N06/

Greatest Ripoff
04-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Anyone know if the Kovacevic listed on the TFC twitter was Mario Kovacevic who played with U of T last year? If so, is he in on trial?

http://www.varsityblues.ca/roster.aspx?rp_id=4056&path=msoc

KRO
04-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Anyone know if the Kovacevic listed on the TFC twitter was Mario Kovacevic who played with U of T last year? If so, is he in on trial?

http://www.varsityblues.ca/roster.aspx?rp_id=4056&path=msoc

Yes that looks like him. There are a couple of photos of him in my stream above. # 36 in the fourth shot.

Greatest Ripoff
04-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Yes that looks like him. There are a couple of photos of him in my stream above. # 36 in the fourth shot.

Any thoughts on him? I did a quick search and saw he had trial with FC Edmonton earlier this year.

http://the11.ca/2012/03/18/fc-edmonton-debuts-three-new-trialists-while-barthelemy-notches-hat-trick/

KRO
04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Any thoughts on him? I did a quick search and saw he had trial with FC Edmonton earlier this year.

http://the11.ca/2012/03/18/fc-edmonton-debuts-three-new-trialists-while-barthelemy-notches-hat-trick/

He did OK and came into the game more in the second half with some good flicks. He looked like what he was - a triallist. The communication with the other players was not there and he would need a few games before you could make up your mind. At first glance I would say thanks but no thanks.

prizby
04-11-2012, 05:12 PM
asif said #36 had the same name, but is a u18 academy player...he looked a bit old though

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2012, 05:15 PM
asif said #36 had the same name, but is a u18 academy player...he looked a bit old though

Look at the U of T pic and the pic on Flickr from today, same guy, no doubt about it.

Rocket Robin
04-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Result of the Wednesday April 11, 2012 MLS Reserves League game between Toronto FC and Montreal Impact played at Downsview Park in North York at 11:00am.33 min...Impact Mike Fucito GOAL...Impact Sinisa Ubiparipovic sends in 15 yard cross from left and Fucito volleys shot into top right of net from 6 yards leaving TFC goalie Quillan Roberts stuck in center of net.

Final Score:.......Toronto FC.........0...........Montreal Impact.............1................

Attendance was about 40 people and almost half of them were TFC first team players on this overcast and cold day with a gusty wind from the north for the entire game. The wind blew back high kicks sent into the wind and blew balls over the end lines when the wind was at a player's back. Both teams passed the ball around and back too often. For this game I would have said that more shots would have produced more rebounds in this kind of weather. TFC had the wind at their back for the second half and didn't really take advantage of it. The intermission was shortened to eight minutes...might as well be as it was too far from anywhere indoor to warm up--just get the game over with.

I asked Impact officials about their 'new' player Stefan Vukovic. He didn't make the trip for this game. First person was a player who'd never heard of him. Found one. "He's never played in Montreal"---true but he did in an exhibition game in Rochester I said--"He's not signed for us". OK I guess that was the safe thing to say. Old Eduardo Sebrango was a starter and played the first 71 minutes of the game. He had a goal from a 12 yard chip up the middle called back offside. I reminded him after the game about how he used to kill the old Toronto Lynx in his previous stint on the Impact and the Rochester Raging Rhinos.

Evan Bush earned the shutout for the Impact. He had a big save to make at 69 minutes when TFC Junior Burgos took a low 30 yard shot up the middle that deflected off a defender and the goalie dived to the push the balll wide right of the post. One other chance was at 85 minutes when TFC Omari Morris charged to get to a through pass on the left and he rounded the sprawling goalie at 15 yards on the left but the act of pushing the ball past the goalie let a defender Hassoun Camara get to the ball first and clear it.

Quillan Roberts played the game for TFC. He was just signed to a pro contract earlier in the week. He played flawless except at 11 minutes when Impact Mike Fucito took a cornerkick from the right that he bobbled over his head but was able to turn around and pick it up on the bounce before it went over the line. I asked TFC assistant coach Danny Dichio after the game a question about Robert's playing time. If there's not enough first team action he will play in these Reserves games but will NOT be returning to the TFC Academy team. Most of last year I watched Chad Bush as the Academy goalie. Dichio answered that he is gone to school. I'll expect some new goalies for the Academy this year.

Referee Justin Tasev only gave out two Yellow cards today--both to the Impact in this rather tame game. Sinisa Ubiparipovic earned one at 14 minutes for kicking the ball away from near the center line after the whistle had blown. Karl Ouimette earned the other just two minutes later for a hand ball at almost the same spot.

Starters and Subs:...(the game officials said that the teams could make five subs during these games) My thanks to the game officials for letting me copy the lineups.

Toronto FC (all red, black shoulders, white numbers) 40 Quillan Roberts; 21 Aaron Maund...12 Adrian Cann (cpt)...2 Logan Emory...38 Tyler Pasher; 33 Junior Burgos...16 Oscar Cordon...15 Matt Stinson; 19 Reggie Lambe...36 Mario Kovacevic...13 Keith Makubuya head coach Jason Bent, assistant coach Danny Dichio, goalkeeping coach Stewart Kerr, physios Shawn Jeffers and Marcelo Casal, physio/athletic training Sebastian Casal, equipment manager Sacha DeAlmeida

subs TFC:...34 Omari Morris replaces 19 Reggie Lambe for start of second half.........32 Micheal Wagonecht replaces 15 Matt Stinson for start of second half..........4 Doneil Henry replaces 12 Adrian Cann at 63 minutes........35 Jordan Hamilton replaces 13 Keith Makubuya at 67 minutes (all the players on the bench were put into the game).

Montreal Impact (all blue, white names and numbers) 30 Evan Bush; 15 Jeb Brovsky...6 Hassoun Camara...52 Karl Ouimette...38 Gienir Garcia; 27 Bryan Arguez...28 Sinisa Ubiparipovic...37 Carl Haworth; 16 Eduardo Sebrango...26 Mike Fucito...36 Evan James head coach Mike Sorber, assistant coach Mauro Biella, therapist Vincent Root, team administrator Daniel Pozzi

subs Impact:...55 Wandrille Lefevre replaces 28 Sinisa Ubiparipovic for start of second half........19 Zarek Valentin replaces 15 Jeb Brovsky for start of second half.......56 Anthony Jackson-Hamel replaces 16 Eduardo Sebrango at 71 minutes....extra goalie 40 Samuel Dufort was not used. forward 32 Miguel Montano was not used.

Rocket Robin
robing@eol.ca
--

Greatest Ripoff
04-11-2012, 06:07 PM
thanks for posting that.

Yohan
04-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Rocket Robins post made my job easier. Thanks

Thought the game was pretty even. Strong winds and uneven pitch caused the ball to bounce around funny and seems to take a lot of guys game off.

Not sure how he is fit medically but Cann looked nearly match fit to me. He played a very simple game and didnt look out of place.

Logan Emory looked very good. Very intense and vocal. Not sure how he got missed on superdraft but he is very composed on the ball, even under pressure with good ball control and passing ability. I think his positioning could use some work but if emory doesnt pan out as cb, i think he might have future as dm. He looked good partnering cann.

Reggie lambe was tormenting impact lb until he got subbed. Very tricky winger.
Aaron maund was decent at rb and seems to know when to make runs except his crossing sucked.
Stinson was ok decensively bit had few giveaways with bad passing.
Burgos showed flashes of skill bit he seems to be struggling putting it all together. Same goes for cordon.

Overall i thoight tfc was good technically individually bit the final ball was lacking. Did not help with infamiliar cf and sidnt create much throufh him. Defensively tfc was ok and i think onlu few times mtl was able to breakdown the shape.
would post more detailed thoughts but on my cell

Yohan
04-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I think emory may be diamond in the rough. He reminds me of tim ream on his first year. Lots to work on but hes got talent. Could use a bit more speed

Blizzard
04-11-2012, 06:29 PM
I think emory may be diamond in the rough. He reminds me of tim ream on his first year. Lots to work on but hes got talent. Could use a bit more speed

I've been encouraqged by what I've seen of him. I also feel that he was most unfairly victimized by the referee and some supporters on Saturday as the replay clearly shows that he was most certainly not deserving of either the Red Card or the foul call in Montreal.

An appalling miscarriage of justice by the referee.

Yohan
04-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Ya i think he said in an interview with rednation that he is naturally a lb so hes getting used to playing cb regularly

Rocket Robin
04-11-2012, 09:23 PM
http://22066.vws.magma.ca/reports12/12tfc011.htm
If you want to see pictures of that game you can check out this page from my site.