PDA

View Full Version : San Jose @ TFC match/post match thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Derko
03-26-2012, 09:41 AM
I think again the liability in the back is Harden, he is constantly panicking and giving up the ball, even when he has space and time, he couldn't pass a ball if his life depended on it, there all done. let's put on a show on Wednesday Night, we need to and we need to be loud!!!

T-boy
03-26-2012, 10:02 AM
I think again the liability in the back is Harden, he is constantly panicking and giving up the ball, even when he has space and time, he couldn't pass a ball if his life depended on it, there all done. let's put on a show on Wednesday Night, we need to and we need to be loud!!!

As I always say, I'm not a fan of Harden - but on Saturday you can't blame Harden for ANY of the 3 goals conceded.

We (the supporters) - need to stop blaming ONE player for TFC's woes. It's either Harden, or Iro, or Gargen - no matter who plays, TFC always seem to be awful in defense under Aron Winter! For what its worth, I haven't been impressed with Aceval so far either! And Morgan was the one making mistakes on Saturday. It definitely wasn't due to Harden this weekend!

Roogsy
03-26-2012, 10:06 AM
As I always say, I'm not a fan of Harden - but on Saturday you can't blame Harden for ANY of the 3 goals conceded.

We (the supporters) - need to stop blaming ONE player for TFC's woes. It's either Harden, or Iro, or Gargen - no matter who plays, TFC always seem to be awful in defense under Aron Winter! For what its worth, I haven't been impressed with Aceval so far either! And Morgan was the one making mistakes on Saturday. It definitely wasn't due to Harden this weekend!

It's quite apparent the Harden-hate is all about reputation now. He could have a solid game but if TFC lose it will somehow be on him. Me? I am not so inclined to rest my hopes of this team's success on the guy making 73k/year on a team with 3 DPs.

ManUtd4ever
03-26-2012, 10:10 AM
I agree that the defensive formation (or lack thereof) was the primary culprit on Saturday as opposed to any individual players.

I would assume that Winter and DeKlerk are knowledgeable enough to adjust their tactical approach moving forward, especially with the absence of Torsten Frings, considering how vulnerable the backline has been in the first two league matches.

starter
03-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I expected them to use Aceval for sweeper, as he has feet and vision, with Harden ( sigh ... ) and Emory as RCB/LCBs, at least until Frings recovers.

Cashcleaner
03-26-2012, 01:42 PM
I disagree it was a must-win game but it certainly is a game that can influence the final season results. What this forces is must-wins later in the season possibly against superior teams.

When you play against inferior clubs, a win should be expected. It goes doubly when you play that inferior club with home pitch advantage. Obviously, I'd like nothing more than to win every match we play, but the reality is that there are some teams we're going to struggle with (and that's okay) and we can afford a few losses to. San Jose, however, should not be one of those teams.

Yohan
03-26-2012, 03:35 PM
it's not like San Jose was amazing, the game was rather competitive and I thought the wind played a big factor. but SJ made their chances count while TFC didn't. There were quite a few half chances and good scoring chances created. I want to chalk this off as freak condition result, but 6 goals given up in 2 games is not good.
And another ex TFC player crushes TFC (Cronin with two assists)

ag futbol
03-26-2012, 04:32 PM
With our team it is the problem and it's because of what I bolded in your sentence. Not only is our D young and inexperienced but they don't have a general to tell them what to do. Our Mids are far more experienced and the depth should be used more often. Total football is good when your team is qualified to play that. Without someone (Frings or whomever) to general that back line, total football is going to look more like a bunch of school kids running around a pitch aimlessly.
It did look very disorganized from my view on television. I wish I could have taken a snapshot of where the players were on the field at certain points in play, it was a jumbled mess.

To you're first point about pushing up the fullbacks, I read something somewhere (probably on this forum but too lazy to find it) written by someone who was sitting behind the TFC bench. Their comment was that the coaching staff was consistently prodding both Morgan and Eckersley to get up the field. If true, that might color our perspective a little differently.

luisfigo
03-26-2012, 04:42 PM
A little late with my opinion on the game, but here it is anyways. I was underwhelmed to say the least with the performance TFC put in. De Guzman was a non-factor, not really showing up and not looking match fit. I hope he takes this new found captaincy and starts to step up, beginning with Wednesday's game. I am still undecided on Lambe. I was shocked to see he was picked MOTM. I over heard someone comment that "they had to pick some one", and he was right. Morgan was impressive through most of the game, but needs to work on getting his crosses up in the air with some pace. Also, the long ball isn't working. Trying to send Koovermans a long ball isn't going to work; he just isn't fast enough. Koovermans can take the ball and make some space, but he simply isn't fast enough to beat the faster defenders to the ball.
I would also like to see Avila get to play; I feel he has the pace and skill set to work well with Silva, Plata and Johnson. I'd drop Lambe back to the bench, and bring him on as a sub if needed.
I'll keep hoping for a turnaround, and keep supporting TFC.

Soccerpro
03-27-2012, 06:47 PM
You are going to lose the majority of games you play with Ty Harden and Terry Dunfield starting on your team. Add to the fact that Torsten Frings is out and Koev didn't even bother to get in shape this year and it's a recipe for disaster.

cochrdoc
03-27-2012, 09:02 PM
I am not sure who is in better shape.Mista or Koev.