PDA

View Full Version : Ttc subway closure this weekend

Strikers
03-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Just want to give everybody a heads up that this weekend March 24 & 25 there will be no subway service between
BLOOR and UNION Stations, because of continued track work.

There will be shuttle buses but best bet is to use the University/Spadina side of the subway which is operating from Downsview to Union. Anyone that usually transfers at Bloor Yonge should now transfer at St. George Station. Taking the streetcar at Bathurst Station, the Dufferin bus from Dufferin station or the Ossington Bus from Ossington Station are other alternatives.

denime
03-21-2012, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the warning.

Platts
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Thank you VERY much for the info Strikers.
You just saved me from screwing up the trip for some first timers coming on Saturday.

You should get a gold Star from the TFC FO. for this....instead we all got a gold leaf in our tabs :-)

Kyle_121
03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Don't forget that the Home Show is still on at the Direct Energy Centre this weekend, which will probably mean additional traffic and parking headaches.

uncle p
03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Nice, thanks for the heads up!! I would have waltzed right into shuttle bus hell!!!

Torontotonto
03-21-2012, 08:34 PM
I like the Gold Leaf

Phil
03-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Don't forget that the Home Show is still on at the Direct Energy Centre this weekend, which will probably mean additional traffic and parking headaches.

Pretty much count on 0 parking. I was there last night and the lot was full due to the show.

It will be a very good day to take the GO train I think.

pawlukj
03-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Coming from Mississauga how do you get to BMO via bus/train? I'm guessing a GO Train or Bus to Union and what would I do from there? Thanks in advance

Yohan
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Get on Go train, get off at Exhibition stadium. BMO Field is right at the station

scooter
03-22-2012, 06:33 PM
so comming from the north should i get off at bloor and then go west then get on a bus -- please help a non toronto subway guy

pdogg
03-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Just make sure it's the Lakeshore Line - The Milton line only runs buses on the weekends (same with the Brampton/Georgetown line). If you do end up at Union, you can take the streetcar from Union to the Ex

Auzzy
03-22-2012, 06:48 PM
so comming from the north should i get off at bloor and then go west then get on a bus -- please help a non toronto subway guy

Are you coming down the Yonge line from the north? In that case, get off at Bloor/Yonge, go west on the subway direction Kipling. Then take your pick: get off at Bathurst & take the 511 streetcar to Exhibition; or catch the 63 bus to Liberty Village from Ossington (get off at Atlantic Ave); or catch the 29 bus from Dufferin.

If you're coming down the University line from Downsview: just stay on until Union & take the streetcar to the Ex.

scooter
03-23-2012, 08:17 AM
going to shoeless so dufferin bus it is -- thanks for the help

Technorgasm
03-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Bollocks.

its a consiracy by Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires and their leader CLINT DEMPSEY . . . .are forcing us onto surface routes in a fiendish plot to eliminate the first home game of the season!

we're through the looking glass, here, people...

lerxst
03-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Pretty much count on 0 parking. I was there last night and the lot was full due to the show.

It will be a very good day to take the GO train I think.

Hit Liberty. You have a Green P and lots of free parking if you get there early enough.

Rocco
03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Good to know. Ill be coming from Brampton. I was planning on driving in and park at green p at liberty or across lamport