PDA

View Full Version : no TFC players in the all star game?

deltox
07-11-2008, 07:05 AM
^ is that true?

Nuvinho
07-11-2008, 07:07 AM
No TFC in the first XI, but i'm sure there will be 1 or 2.

Edu will probably get in b/c of last year, and the fact everyone in the States loves him.

Jimmy B will be the commissioner's pick probably.

Platts
07-11-2008, 07:11 AM
I agree JB will be a commissioner's pick, Edu should not be anywhere near the squad this year. I think Marvellous will be selected as he is a member of the USMNT for the Olympics i believe.

Steve
07-11-2008, 07:49 AM
No TFC in the first XI, but i'm sure there will be 1 or 2.

Edu will probably get in b/c of last year, and the fact everyone in the States loves him.

Jimmy B will be the commissioner's pick probably.

Edu getting on the all-star team would be the worst thing possible for his development. He already seems to think he's developed enough for this league, what happens if they pick him as one of the league's best?

Jimmy B does not belong on the team (sorry) but you're right, he will be picked probably. He's captain Canada, the first signing of TFC, and will give someone for TFC fans to cheer for. Of course, he probably won't make it off the bench because Nicol won't rate him over his other defenders.

Jay P
07-11-2008, 08:24 AM
come to think of it..

if a TFC player is selected, I wouldn't want to see them in the all star game much because, 1) we play montreal 2 days before, 2) we play RSL the following Monday.

more rest for games that mean something :)

TFC111
07-11-2008, 08:49 AM
MLS doesn't actually believe that we are going to be supporting them do they? I mean, at least I am not. They brought a mediocre opponent over knowing that the game was already sold out so totally taking Toronto fans for granted. Then if that's not insulting enough, they ignored the fan votes completely and picked no Toronto players in the starting eleven. This TFC supporter has NO love for MLS and even if I am on my own will jeer the likes of Beckham, Donovan, Rogers and Blanco mercilessly.

Pachuco
07-11-2008, 08:56 AM
MLS doesn't actually believe that we are going to be supporting them do they? I mean, at least I am not. They brought a mediocre opponent over knowing that the game was already sold out so totally taking Toronto fans for granted. Then if that's not insulting enough, they ignored the fan votes completely and picked no Toronto players in the starting eleven. This TFC supporter has NO love for MLS and even if I am on my own will jeer the likes of Beckham, Donovan, Rogers and Blanco mercilessly.

The starting 11 is not set. Those were the first 11 announced, however that's not the starting lineup. The paper said today that the commissioner guaranteed there would be a TFC player on the roster. He said he could not bring the All Star game to Toronto and not have someone representing the city.

Jack
07-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Edu getting on the all-star team would be the worst thing possible for his development. He already seems to think he's developed enough for this league, what happens if they pick him as one of the league's best?

Jimmy B does not belong on the team (sorry) but you're right, he will be picked probably. He's captain Canada, the first signing of TFC, and will give someone for TFC fans to cheer for. Of course, he probably won't make it off the bench because Nicol won't rate him over his other defenders.

Too true.

Oh well, I wasn't planning on cheering anyway.

TFC111
07-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Regardless whether we get a player to appease our fans, I just don't understand the arrogance of MLS when it comes to Toronto. It's the only team that the league has to brag about in terms of pride in soccer and it's the one that constantly gets the short end of the stick. When was the last time we saw a decent ref at BMO Field during a league game?

Pachuco
07-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Regardless whether we get a player to appease our fans, I just don't understand the arrogance of MLS when it comes to Toronto. It's the only team that the league has to brag about in terms of pride in soccer and it's the one that constantly gets the short end of the stick. When was the last time we saw a decent ref at BMO Field during a league game?

When's the last time you saw a decent ref anywhere in the league? You ask every other supporter's group and they'll probably say the same thing for them. Everyone thinks the refs are out to get them, that's in every sport and every league that has refs.

I'm not understanding yet why you think MLS has it in for Toronto???