PDA

View Full Version : TFCTV Content Lacking

JavierMartini
03-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Is it just me or have you noticed this year content on tfc tv is really lacking so far. From B roll of the team travelling / training and daily updates. To pre-season content.

Not to say I miss less of asif hosain's "important" voice at all though.

Blizzard
03-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Is it just me or have you noticed this year content on tfc tv is really lacking so far. From B roll of the team travelling / training and daily updates. To pre-season content.

Not to say I miss less of asif hosain's "important" voice at all though.

I've brought this up a couple of times now. A new philosophy at the club? I don't know but the recycled Gol material aside, the technical quality of the pieces seems to have deteriorated.

Oldtimer
03-13-2012, 07:13 AM
I'd rather have Aron focus on getting our team to win, rather than being the media "star" that Mo was.

sashavukelich
03-13-2012, 10:05 AM
I think reducing media time is an attempt to provide a 'safe space' for players like Winter has tried to do in the past (keeping the locker room private from Media-monsters).

I think that Safe space allows players to express, make mistakes and learn in a safer/healthier environment.

And we are seeing benefits, don't the players seem really happy this year?

ArmenJBX
03-13-2012, 10:11 AM
I think reducing media time is an attempt to provide a 'safe space' for players like Winter has tried to do in the past (keeping the locker room private from Media-monsters).

I think that Safe space allows players to express, make mistakes and learn in a safer/healthier environment.

And we are seeing benefits, don't the players seem really happy this year?

They joke around amongst each other more from my experience

Blizzard
03-13-2012, 10:58 AM
I'd rather have Aron focus on getting our team to win, rather than being the media "star" that Mo was.

My comment had more to do with the decline of the TFC TV quality control and of the reduction in the on the ground content. We see tons of Aron via the clips borrowed from Gol TV. I don't recall MoJo getting more than what we're seeing from Aron now.

prizby
03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
what exactly is lacking...look at other teams...i see more tfc stuff than los angeles

ag futbol
03-13-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't really think it has anything to do with team privacy... Their content upload during the pre-season was downright lazy. I had to scour threads to find links to the highlights for our exhibition games and the sort. None of it was on TFC's site, a lot of it was elsewhere. Asides from that, there has been less training footage and other stuff.

I could care less about the interviews. Anyone who tries to take something away from that mindless drivel might as well hit themselves in the head with a hammer.

Blizzard
03-13-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't really think it has anything to do with team privacy... Their content upload during the pre-season was downright lazy. I had to scour threads to find links to the highlights for our exhibition games and the sort. None of it was on TFC's site, a lot of it was elsewhere. Asides from that, there has been less training footage and other stuff.

I could care less about the interviews. Anyone who tries to take something away from that mindless drivel might as well hit themselves in the head with a hammer.

Absolutely so. This year has seen a big drop off from last year. We got great coverage from Turkey. I agree about the interviews. Gol supplies them anyway. TFC seemed to be focussing on their You Tube channel much more this year and to me, that seemed like a waste of the brand.