PDA

View Full Version : This year will be different

egoodwin
07-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Last year...

Early/Mid July we went into Chicago, hopes were high we were on a winning streak, having just earned our first win ever few days before at Rice Eccles Stadium... but unfortunately that was the beginning of the _________________...

This year, we come into Chicago in another Early/Mid July game... we are coming in struggling...

I for one, hope we don't experience dejavu, and use this game as the beginning of a good streak that will send us soaring, rather than plumetting like last year

Roogsy
07-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Well...this year does seem to be a mirror opposite of last year.

Hence...all signs point to the playoffs! :party:

egoodwin
07-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Who would have thought though that the win against RSL the game prior would be our last for exactly 3 months, and that the goal would be our last for a long time...

Anyway here's to hoping that loss last game will be our last for a long time...

And that NE game seems Sooooooooo long ago now...

Steve
07-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Who would have thought though that the win against RSL the game prior would be our last for exactly 3 months, and that the goal would be our last for a long time...

Anyway here's to hoping that loss last game will be our last for a long time...

And that NE game seems Sooooooooo long ago now...

It's true that it was a while ago, but I can't help feeling really negatively about our current form. I mean, sure, in the league, we are WLWTL in our last 5, not great, but not catastrophic either, but since NE we've lost and tied to a USL team (once at home) which would mean WTLLT. Ouch. I just feel like our team is not connecting like they should, and I don't see it happening in Chicago. Hopefully we pick up someone big on the 15 and Huckerby doesn't come to BMO and punish us on the 19th.

kitchener-TFC
07-11-2008, 07:58 AM
One more win, and we officially set a record!
Saturday's game shouldn't be as hard as NE, so I'm praying that the Reds will come out ontop, especially since we're tied with Chicago.