PDA

View Full Version : March 7th Pre-Game March from Croc Rock!!

SuperTCP
03-05-2012, 05:51 PM
What Route is the 7pm Supporters March taking?

Will it be passing by any other bars to meet up with other TFC fans.

I have some friends attending Real Sports Pre-Party and wanted to meet up with them.

Also heard MLSE is planning a march with Pipe Band at 6pm? WTF? Would it not be better to combine the two marches?

From TFC email:

"//COME BE A PART OF THE RED MARCH
Come take over Toronto. On March 7th at 6:00 p.m., we will be closing down Bremner Blvd. and led by a live Pipe Band, march to the Rogers Centre. Please meet at Maple Leaf Square (just outside Real Sports Bar & Grill) to join the sea of red as we make our way to the event...TFC-style.
"

Parkdale
03-05-2012, 10:14 PM
disregard. Iwas given false information ormation

socceronly
03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
there is a TFC sponsored march from RealSports to the Skydome.

From everything I've heard, there will NOT be a march from crocrock with the supporters groups. People can walk together, but there's no organized mach (too many people, to much headache with timing, road closures etc).

this might not be the case, but as of Friday, there was no march planned from crock rock.

Whaaaaa? There is definitely a march planned! That's what everyone is looking forward too!

7pm last I heard.

prizby
03-05-2012, 11:47 PM
gotta love how they are doing the tfc led march at 5:45 despite the gates not opening until 6:30...guess they need to clear out the bar

parky: according to the usector home page, there is a march at 7pm

Red CB Toronto
03-05-2012, 11:58 PM
gotta love how they are doing the tfc led march at 5:45 despite the gates not opening until 6:30...guess they need to clear out the bar

parky: according to the usector home page, there is a march at 7pm

Have you ever heard of a Raptor game at the ACC and more importantly a 7 pm Leafs game on the big screen, their bread and butter.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-06-2012, 12:17 AM
planned or not...You can guarantee a gathering of the masses will be heading to Rogers United! from the croc rock!

Call it a march or not ...:)

Phil
03-06-2012, 12:44 AM
planned or not...You can guarantee a gathering of the masses will be heading to Rogers United! from the croc rock!

Call it a march or not ...:)

Exactly. Get in early guys! I trust that a bunch of people will leave there in time for gates but given the amount of people, the different stadium and weeknight start time its best to be in early and be loud!

kodiakTFC
03-06-2012, 12:55 AM
The March 7 March is at 7. Whats the confusion?

Code Red
03-06-2012, 01:52 AM
The March 7 March is at 7. Whats the confusion?

lol… tongue twister.

So it seems half of the supporters will be at Croc Rock and half at RSBG. Makes sense considering the numbers.

prizby
03-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Have you ever heard of a Raptor game at the ACC and more importantly a 7 pm Leafs game on the big screen, their bread and butter.

thats' the whole point...TFC is still not important enough to them

Belfast_Boy
03-06-2012, 09:48 AM
not going to croc's but will head over to meet the march 7 march at 7.

Fort York Redcoat
03-06-2012, 09:49 AM
they are doing the tfc led march at 5:45 despite the gates not opening until 6:30

45 mins to walk across a square. Better make sure to bring that entertainment!! Hope for those attending there's some Highland dancers with those pipes.

__wowza
03-06-2012, 10:05 AM
looking for a lift from markham :D

SuperTCP
03-06-2012, 10:22 AM
TFC's March is too early. Can't drink enough beer by 5:45. My friends and I will join the 7pm March.

What route will the 7pm take from Croc Rock? South on University then accross Bremner to Skydome?

TOBOR !
03-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Completely torn on this. On the one hand I want to join the masses, but on the other I don't want to get caught up in the clusterfuck that's sure to be, trying to get inside the dome.

Phil
03-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Completely torn on this. On the one hand I want to join the masses, but on the other I don't want to get caught up in the clusterfuck that's sure to be, trying to get inside the dome.

Thats the thing, this isn't BMO so its hard to anticipate gate time, walk time and all that.

For this game I would say get in as early as possible. We attempted to communicate with the other groups as to what the 'plan' is for an organized march and it was decided that we would just roughly say leave Crock Rock at 7.

Wagner
03-06-2012, 10:49 AM
guys,
it's a special night, so make a special effort.
get down there early.
if you have any flag poles, etc...hit up Gate 8.

would you rather be in there a little early, maybe grab a beer pre-game?
or stuck in line at one of the gates and miss the kick off...

we need to shake the rust off...and the plan is to get going (singing,drumming, etc) right away.

SuperTCP
03-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Thats the thing, this isn't BMO so its hard to anticipate gate time, walk time and all that.

For this game I would say get in as early as possible. We attempted to communicate with the other groups as to what the 'plan' is for an organized march and it was decided that we would just roughly say leave Crock Rock at 7.

I agree - do you know the planned Route fans at Croc Rock will take? If so I will tell my friends at Real Sports, and those at other bars to leave around 7pm and await the Croc rock crew.

TFC Cityboy
03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
^^ damn right. Love pre match build up on special nights. I plan to be in there by 7 at the latest to avoid the last minute rush.

Redcoe15
03-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Has anyone else tried to do a march rehersal from Croc Rock to the Rogers Centre, just to see how long it will take to get there? Might help.

Marching and singing through downtown Toronto would be an awesome sight.

TFC/Everton
03-06-2012, 11:24 AM
And the Lord said "Let there be booze." And there was booze.

stugautz
03-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Has anyone else tried to do a march rehersal from Croc Rock to the Rogers Centre, just to see how long it will take to get there? Might help.

5-15 minutes depending on the gate you enter through.

Suds
03-06-2012, 11:32 AM
It's a good 15 minute walk from Duncan & Adelaide down to the dome. So, even if you double that time for leaving a bit late and moving slowly you should still hit the dome by 7:30.

Petor
03-06-2012, 11:34 AM

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=240+Adelaide+Street+West,+Toronto,+ON&daddr=Rogers+Centre,+Blue+Jays+Way,+Toronto,+ON&hl=en&sll=43.644554,-79.386413&sspn=0.008199,0.013711&geocode=FScFmgIdiqBE-ymFbXO00TQriDEyussTHlNgNQ%3BFeLomQIdVp5E-yEFFAv-9rIQ4g&oq=ro&gl=ca&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=16

__wowza
03-06-2012, 11:40 AM

im leaving at 630ish. we shouldve planned to leave earlier as well.
getting down there for 730 is cutting it way too close for my liking.

Oblio2
03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
And the Lord said "Let there be booze." And there was booze.

Preach it Brother

Fort York Redcoat
03-06-2012, 12:15 PM

I'll walk it tonight with my "Old Lady" Cart. That should be mob speed.

Yagbod
03-06-2012, 12:25 PM
im leaving at 630ish. we shouldve planned to leave earlier as well.
getting down there for 730 is cutting it way too close for my liking.

This is too true. We are always ranting about showing up early to create atmosphere and then bitching when it dosen't happen. Now the organizers of this march are setting us up to barely get there on time.

Can anything be done to get this moved back to 6:30-6:45?

We need to be in the building by 7:15 for three reasons.

1) To show our support during warmup.
2) To get in the prime locations in the supporters sections for flags, drums, etc.
3) To show our support during warmup.

:drum::flare::scarf::flare::drum:

Rudi
03-06-2012, 12:38 PM
If it was a weekend, 6:30-6:45 would be prefereable. But on a weeknight, you want to wait as long as reasonably possible to get the most people involved.

Unless people are crawling, it shouldn't take too long to get from Croc Rock to the Dome.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-06-2012, 12:41 PM
i'd have to agree....if there is any time we want to be into the grounds early its this game...

6:30 makes a lot more sence

Yagbod
03-06-2012, 01:02 PM
If it was a weekend, 6:30-6:45 would be prefereable. But on a weeknight, you want to wait as long as reasonably possible to get the most people involved.

Unless people are crawling, it shouldn't take too long to get from Croc Rock to the Dome.

What is our priorty here? Having a few extra people for a march or supporting our club?

Sorry for harping on this, but this is a new venue where we do not know the speed of admission. We are not even sure how long it will take to march from Croc Rock to the south side of the Dome. And this is the first and probably biggest match of the year. And we want to show up at the last minute???

Suds
03-06-2012, 01:08 PM
It shouldn't even take 30 minutes to get down to the dome. I just ball-parked it by adding in extra time for leaving late and taking longer than normal to get down there.

Really, you could get from Adelaide & Duncan to the dome in less than 15 minutes.

denime
03-06-2012, 01:31 PM
TFC's March is too early. Can't drink enough beer by 5:45. My friends and I will join the 7pm March.

What route will the 7pm take from Croc Rock? South on University then accross Bremner to Skydome?

At 7PM YOU SHOULD BE AT THE GATES OR IN YOUR SEAT !

toronto toronto
03-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Honestly, it is a 10min walk from Croc Roc to Rogers center....so lets say it takes 15-20mins becuase of the march, we will be there @ 7:20, 10 mins to get in. We will be inside @ 7:30, 30 mins prior, whats the issue?

Jeffro
03-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Honestly, it is a 10min walk from Croc Roc to Rogers center....so lets say it takes 15-20mins becuase of the march, we will be there @ 7:20, 10 mins to get in. We will be inside @ 7:30, 30 mins prior, whats the issue?

I doubt a march will run this smoothly... supposed to leave at 7, no one done drinking, leave at 7;15... mob takes a long time to get through all the stop lights... mega lineup at gate 8... barely in the stadium at kickoff...

Personally I will be in my seat at 7. Shouldn't we be in early to get warmed up and have packed sections to be ready for TIFO's, as well as getting our boys pumped up during warm ups?

Red Rat
03-06-2012, 01:57 PM
rule 1 when things sound this easy it never is.

toronto toronto
03-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Very True, I will be there @ 5 regardless!

__wowza
03-06-2012, 02:13 PM
What is our priorty here? Having a few extra people for a march or supporting our club?

Sorry for harping on this, but this is a new venue where we do not know the speed of admission. We are not even sure how long it will take to march from Croc Rock to the south side of the Dome. And this is the first and probably biggest match of the year. And we want to show up at the last minute???

harping seems necessary.

we don't know the speed of admission and they don't know the culture of our support. when it was first set up, it was a pain in the ass getting stuff through the BMO supporter gates, let alone bringing a flag to an entirely new venue!! im going through with a garbage bag of streamers, 4 flags, and i don't want to deal with any shit that would have me in there at 5 to 8.

if that means we'll be 7 people short for the march, or if i have to leave and stop drinking a bit earlier than i planned, then so be it. we always go off about people showing up last minute and not being there early enough for the atmosphere, and i foresee this as one of those times.

as much as we think we can handle the march an hour prior to the game, please keep in mind that this is as much about you as it is about the rest of the people showing up. the place will have an additional 20,000 people who have no idea what they're doing. i can honestly see the supporters section 20% empty by the time both teams take the pitch.

Jcm144
03-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I dont think 7 pm is too late, should be right.....not to mention I'm going to be in a rush getting there, hopefully I can get there for 6

Technorgasm
03-06-2012, 02:27 PM
I hope to be inside the ground at 7.
yes. inside, not outside. .

so if the march fits this schedule. . great.

Technorgasm
03-06-2012, 04:50 PM
RPB are NOT joining the HUGE mass of fans/supporters but doing their own march?

biggest MATCH in history, and the biggest MARCH in TFC history and we're not leading the other fans?

for reals? Its not too late to reconsider.

start earlier, get over and lead the fans to Skydome.
Please, I beg of you.

__wowza
03-06-2012, 04:53 PM
i've read of a few different marches.
for once and for all: what's the dillio?

TFC Bhoy
03-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Ya if all supporters groups are meeting at Croc Rock, why not just go with everyone and have a giant march?? I thought that WAS what was happening and now am confused.

Technorgasm
03-06-2012, 04:59 PM
If it is March. . to join the march. . thenpardom me and let em get back to my delerium.

if its a secluded march on our own. . . . . WTF?

peterboroughtfcfan
03-06-2012, 05:26 PM
If it is March. . to join the march. . thenpardom me and let em get back to my delerium.

if its a secluded march on our own. . . . . WTF?

Gilles what the fuck did you just say lol? That made absolutely no sense.

That said, I agree with your original post.

Wolfe
03-06-2012, 05:50 PM
I agree with this too, get to Real Sports and march as one giant united group, all supporters, whether part of RPB, USector, NEE or just regular TFC fans. Remember ALL FOR ONE. In addition there was talk about getting there early to support the team during warm ups, leaving croc rock 7pm will likely make you late for the warm ups as you have to walk (march will not be a quick walk) and then get to your gate, get in and get to your seats.

Time to scrap this or leave earlier and pass by Real Sports to meet up with the others

Alonso
03-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Agreed, this could be the biggest march we've ever had.

The more the merrier.

canadian_bhoy
03-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Seems like a no brainer. Tfc fans and supporter groups all together outside the acc marching to the dome with a pipe band leading the way. How could any other option be better?

Belfast_Boy
03-06-2012, 06:20 PM
When does the parade start?

socceronly
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
WTF is with all the confusion?

The stupid Real Sports thing is offensive and rude. They get everyone in there take their money then boot them out 2:15 minutes before the game so thier 'real' customers can come in?

Fuck that and anyone who goes.

Crocodile Rock 4pm Drink till 7pm then March.... it's really simple.

Bluenose13
03-06-2012, 06:49 PM

The stupid Real Sports thing is offensive and rude. They get everyone in there take their money then boot them out 2:15 minutes before the game so thier 'real' customers can come in?

That's exactly what we are doing.

We are heading to Crocodile Rock with the rest of the supporters groups and leaving there at 7:00 for the Rogers Center.

CanadaLFC
03-06-2012, 06:50 PM

Yes, I agree. The Real Sports thing is very ridiculous. They are basically clearing out all the TFC fans so that they can entertain the evening rush for Leafs and Raptors. Plus, the march is scheduled for 6 pm, what are we supposed to do at the dome for 2 hours?

Having said that, I would prefer a 6:45 march from croc rock so that we can be in our seats by 7:15-7:30 and lead the rest of the stadium in chanting, atmosphere etc and to ensure we do not miss kick off.

Just my 2 cents..

Bluenose13
03-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Seems like a no brainer. Tfc fans and supporter groups all together outside the acc marching to the dome with a pipe band leading the way. How could any other option be better?This march is leaving at 5:45 will arrive at the dome for 6:00....Way too early for most but for those that take this route I am sure it will also be fun.

DichioTFC
03-06-2012, 06:55 PM
The Real Sports march starts at 6? That's ridiculous.

I would also like for us to start moving at 6:45 like CanadaLFC said. By 730, everyone is settled in and we start warming up at the same time the players do.

DichioTFC
03-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Sidenote: expect winds of up to 40km/h tomorrow. Dress appropriately.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/hourlyfx/caon0696/hourlygraph/1

canadian_bhoy
03-06-2012, 07:18 PM
This march is leaving at 5:45 will arrive at the dome for 6:00....Way too early for most but for those that take this route I am sure it will also be fun.

It is early. Would have been better to do 630, but whatever. Supporters united for a march would have been great. Too bad.

Pigfynn
03-06-2012, 07:19 PM
I hope Croc roc knows what's coming tomorrow.

I'm sure it will be an impressive march from there as well

lobo
03-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Sidenote: expect winds of up to 40km/h tomorrow. Dress appropriately.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/hourlyfx/caon0696/hourlygraph/1

wind will help keep our flags flying .. and yes, dress appropriately --> WEAR YOUR RED!

btw, can i grab one of our flags at Croc tomo?

lobo
03-06-2012, 07:24 PM
It is early. Would have been better to do 630, but whatever. Supporters united for a march will be great. Too cool.

fixed

canadian_bhoy
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
fixed

To me, united supporters is all Tfc fans, not just the organized groups.

glaze
03-06-2012, 07:47 PM
I too thought it was ridiculous that they were leading the march over so early. Plus, an argument could be made of them once again using the supporter's groups to market their product (while providing little in return).

I just wanted to point out, for those participating in the march from real Sports, a better option than marching into the dome 2 hours early for 10 dollar tall boys, is to have a few drinks at steamwhistle. As an added bonus, its right across from the gates to the south stand.

For the record, I am unemployed, and not an employee of steamwhistle.

denime
03-06-2012, 07:54 PM
RPB are NOT joining the HUGE mass of fans/supporters but doing their own march?

biggest MATCH in history, and the biggest MARCH in TFC history and we're not leading the other fans?

for reals? Its not too late to reconsider.

start earlier, get over and lead the fans to Skydome.
Please, I beg of you.

NO YOU HAVE THAT WRONG,NONE OF SUPPORTERS GROUP WILL PARTICIPATE IN PLASTIC MARCH FROM REAL SPORT.

RPB,NEE,U-SECTOR and NULTRAS will hang in Crocks and spontaneously walk to Rogers Centre,and even the walk from Crocks wont be organized march.

Some SGs agreed that it was more important to be inside to support the team than make a spectacle of ourselves marching in.

If you decide to leave at 7pm from Crocks you might be late for game,RS March people with be there and so many others,that by the time you hit your seat game might be on already.

RS March at 6PM is good time for march,a game like this doesn't not happen every day and people are still more interested to get wasted before the game and march than be inside and get the chants going during the warmups.

king dave
03-06-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm in!
Whatever you are doing!
KD.

king dave
03-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Real Sports @ the ACC will continue to do everything to make $$$.
Absolutely fucking nothing to support any supporters group.

KD

London
03-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm in!
Whatever you are doing!
KD.

everyone in the kingdom TAKE NOTICE of this

DichioTFC
03-06-2012, 09:05 PM
wind will help keep our flags flying .. and yes, dress appropriately --> WEAR YOUR RED!

btw, can i grab one of our flags at Croc tomo?

Not sure who has the 75MB flags any more... maybe Jay?

Yohan
03-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm in!
Whatever you are doing!
KD.

Famous last words?

Suds
03-06-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm in!
Whatever you are doing!
KD.

Copyright it then put it on a t-shirt.

I'll take one.

king dave
03-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Gate 8.
2 gigantic 2-sticks.
How I get there is refuckinggardless.
See you @ the Croc cocks.
KD.

tfcleeds
03-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Yes, I agree. The Real Sports thing is very ridiculous. They are basically clearing out all the TFC fans so that they can entertain the evening rush for Leafs and Raptors. Plus, the march is scheduled for 6 pm, what are we supposed to do at the dome for 2 hours?

Having said that, I would prefer a 6:45 march from croc rock so that we can be in our seats by 7:15-7:30 and lead the rest of the stadium in chanting, atmosphere etc and to ensure we do not miss kick off.

Just my 2 cents..

I also agree. Supporters United are meeting at Croc Rock, therefore, if the march should start anywhere, that is where it should be. Fuck Real Sports.

king dave
03-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Real Sports bar @ the ACC is another attempt by these fucking greedy cunts to get more of our $$.
I know I may have stepped over the line in my wording/font here but I cannot drive this issue home any more without such intense words.
KD.

FluSH
03-06-2012, 09:49 PM
I agree with the others we are usually late at leaving... If we plan a bit earlier than 7pm it will do the trick.

ochos
03-06-2012, 09:57 PM
See you boys at Croc Rock. Can't fuckin wait! Nay to Real Sports.. MLSE should tell their marchers to head to Croc Rock first to come join the real march!

ochos

FluSH
03-06-2012, 10:00 PM
See you boys at Croc Rock. Can't fuckin wait! Nay to Real Sports.. MLSE should tell their marchers to head to Croc Rock first to come join the real march!

ochos

That's a brilliant idea! They will have 2hrs to sPare might as well have them come up lol

Wagner
03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
All members,
we want to be there early.

let's have a reunion in the stands.

let's get in early.

let's be in full swing well before the casuals get in the stadium.

let's be in full voice.

let's have the drums thumping.

let's be there to support the team.

I can't stress enough, to be there early.

would you rather buy an over priced beer in the dome? or possibly be stuck in line and miss the kick off. Word is, security is going to be tight...so come early.

ochos
03-06-2012, 10:07 PM
That's a brilliant idea! They will have 2hrs to sPare might as well have them come up lol

All members,

let's get in early.

let's be in full voice.

would you rather buy and over priced beer in the dome? or possibly be stuck in line and miss the kick off. Word is, security is going to be tight...so come early.

"Spontaneous" epicness (plan) seems to be settled - at 6pm tomorrow the 'Real' Sports fake parade is to be instructed by the powers that be on this board to continue up John st. and come by Croc Rock, where we will organically decide to leave at 6:45, in time to get the place uproarious

cmonyoureds
03-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Real Sports bar @ the ACC is another attempt by these fucking greedy cunts to get more of our $$.
I know I may have stepped over the line in my wording/font here but I cannot drive this issue home any more without such intense words.
KD.

Too early to nominate for post of the year?

Ageroo
03-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Too early to nominate for post of the year?

The year is still young......:D

denime
03-06-2012, 10:26 PM
All members,

let's get in early.

let's be in full voice.

would you rather buy an over priced beer in the dome? or possibly be stuck in line and miss the kick off. Word is, security is going to be tight...so come early.

AGREE 100%

Wagner
03-06-2012, 10:28 PM
I can't stress enough.
our role is to support the team.
to do that....we need to be there on time.

Being in the stadium early > an unorganized march

have fun pre-game, but get in the stadium early.

Nodoubtguy
03-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I can't stress enough.

THIS!

mowe
03-06-2012, 11:21 PM
What time is considered early? I'm bringing a couple friends who are soccer clueless, what time should we aim to be at the SkyDome by?

Torontotonto
03-06-2012, 11:27 PM
I will be marching with the rest of the like minded supporters from Croc.
Planned long ago, this 11th hour attempt to cancel and go to RS is not for me.

Do agree we should leave a little earlier from CR.

Whoever is marching from where and with who, just be fucking loud and let the Galaxy know your on your way, and keep it up for a full 90'.

All For One !!!

:drum::flare::scarf::flare::drum:

Yagbod
03-06-2012, 11:41 PM
This debate is very confusing, largely due to some terrible grammar, but nevermind.

My position is that it will take communication between the leaders of the groups in 'Supporter's United' to move the march time.

Leadership: Can and will an attempt be made?

Wagner
03-07-2012, 12:05 AM
We thought a lot about a march.
We thought that it's too tight to have people get downtown afterwork, get to the bar, and then have a march...and get into the stadium in time.
We'd never tell people not to do something.
only encourage people to get into the stadium early.
Not sure who pitched the RealSports March...that was never on the table for the organized supporters groups.

prizby
03-07-2012, 12:19 AM
I can't stress enough.

why can't we have an organized march and get to the game early...i thought it'd be great to take over the streets..aren't we suppose to paint this town red?

Wagner
03-07-2012, 12:26 AM
i'd say we are to support the team prior to the biggest game in team history.
and that means being there before the game starts.
taking into account, tight security.

Red CB Toronto
03-07-2012, 12:42 AM

In terms of tight secuirty what is their focus, are we going to be subject to pat downs etc?

Nodoubtguy
03-07-2012, 12:45 AM
In terms of tight secuirty what is their focus, are we going to be subject to pat downs etc?

I would think pat downs, checking of all bags at a minimum.....so that will take a while for 45,000

Yagbod
03-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Me thinks there is a liability issue here. Any march runs the risk of some trouble. More so in the downtown area before a huge event involving massive amounts of booze. Open endorsement of the march would invite liability.

Code Red
03-07-2012, 02:05 AM
Yagbod is right. Let's not screw around on the day of the most important match of our six year history. Let's leave Croc Rock early, get setup, and most importantly, let's GET LOUD! 6:30pm march sounds reasonable considering the line-ups we will face.

Redcoe15
03-07-2012, 02:42 AM
KD.
Ya couldn't have said it any better, KD. See ya at the Croc tomorrow.
:drinking::drunk: :D

ag futbol
03-07-2012, 04:26 AM
You mean to tell me this thread is two pages long and nobody has made a cougars / croc rock joke yet? I have lost all faith in the internet.

ochos
03-07-2012, 05:58 AM
^^^ we exhausted them in a previous thread...

RicoSuave44
03-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Remember folks... especially smokers and ppl meeting friends with tickets... there are no ins and outs at the dome. don't go in until all your bases are covered, pardon the pun ;)

Brooker
03-07-2012, 06:38 AM
I'm already in my seat.

London
03-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Remember folks... especially smokers and ppl meeting friends with tickets... there are no ins and outs at the dome. don't go in until all your bases are covered, pardon the pun ;)

yup,

the only ins and outs that are allowed is for medical reasons.
they are realy firm on this rule

Belfast_Boy
03-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Let the Realsports fans get there early and get out of the way.
Going back to plan A now.

Technorgasm
03-07-2012, 07:51 AM
there's nothing wrong with casual fans.
they love this team like we do. . they are just not as invested or involved as the SGs.

most people go to watch the game . . . we go to support the team!

Torsten fringe is in the house tonight
Everybody's gonna have a good time
Cuz frings'll make us lose our minds
We just wanna see him... Kick it
Do do do do doot do do
Door do do do do doot do do x4

When he scores we're shuffullin

denime
03-07-2012, 08:16 AM

AGREE 100%

TFC Cityboy
03-07-2012, 08:33 AM
there's nothing wrong with casual fans.
they love this team like we do. . they are just not as invested or involved as the SGs.

most people go to watch the game . . . we go to support the team!

Torsten fringe is in the house tonight
Everybody's gonna have a good time
Cuz frings'll make us lose our minds
We just wanna see him... Kick it
Do do do do doot do do
Door do do do do doot do do x4

When he scores we're shuffullin

liking the song!

Technorgasm
03-07-2012, 08:55 AM
what time does Brass rail open?

Ageroo
03-07-2012, 08:56 AM

Probably 11....lol

__wowza
03-07-2012, 09:11 AM

when i get there. my friend tiff works there. she's alright.
she could be in cirque du soliel.. or at least the spiderman musical.

I can't stress enough.

i was just goint to say, who organized this?
getting people rev'd up about the team with a march is a fantastic idea, but not at the expense of being late for the biggest game in our history. i agree that it's a bit of a pain to get everyone out there, drinking for an hour and out to the dome in such a short time but double fisting and predrinking on the TTC was invented for a reason!

also, for anyone wondering where this Real Sports©®™ march idea came from, MLSE was pushing it and took out a full page ad in the paper (i cant remember which, my brother told me).

NeeeN
03-07-2012, 09:49 AM
All members,
let's get in early.

let's be in full voice.

I can't stress enough.

In regards to a march, nothing will be set in stone. Some want to do it some don't. I personally would love to march and like prizby said paint the city Red but that won't happen.. There will be groups of TFC supporters walking from the croc to the Skydome but I won't be anything official. Yes it does suck that we can't organize an official march for a big game like this but there are a lot of factors against us(time of the day, mid week game-work day, people missing kickoff) Like Wagner said, at this time it's way more important to be inside the Rogers Center early and going crazy during the warm ups.

Red Rat
03-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Good posts... One thing though that I can't stress enough.. You keep saying we're there to support, we need to be loud, have the drums going early.. The whole time I was under the impression that this will have a feeling of an away trip, meaning everyone in the same sections, unoficially general admission, all supporter groups working together.. I understand there are quite a few RPBs in 117 but excuse my French why the F*** do u guys need a drum in 117, especially red thunder which is a terrible drum to keep a beat? All it will do is confuse people in the south(118,119,120,121 and so on) every chant will way off best. Instead of all supporters having a united voice, one chant at a time it will be a gang show. I have a feeling it will be every section for themselves which is pointless. Something to think about before it's too late..

In regards to a march, nothing will be set in stone. Some want to do it some don't. I personally would love to march and like prizby said paint the city Red but that won't happen.. There will be groups of TFC supporters walking from the croc to the Skydome but I won't be anything official. Yes it does suck that we can't organize an official march for a big game like this but there are a lot of factors against us(time of the day, mid week game-work day, people missing kickoff) Like Wagner said, at this time it's way more important to be inside the Rogers Center early and going crazy during the warm ups.

hahahaha good thing that I will be at a concert tonight.

loconet
03-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Good posts... One thing though that I can't stress enough.. You keep saying we're there to support, we need to be loud, have the drums going early.. The whole time I was under the impression that this will have a feeling of an away trip, meaning everyone in the same sections, unoficially general admission, all supporter groups working together.. I understand there are quite a few RPBs in 117 but excuse my French why the F*** do u guys need a drum in 117, especially red thunder which is a terrible drum to keep a beat? All it will do is confuse people in the south(118,119,120,121 and so on) every chant will way off best. Instead of all supporters having a united voice, one chant at a time it will be a gang show. I have a feeling it will be every section for themselves which is pointless. Something to think about before it's too late..

Yah, I'm going to agree here. Aside from the keeping the beat point, the big drum, even from the visual aspect alone should be in the middle of it and not secluded to the side.

DichioTFC
03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Point of thumb about the march, the more people we have, the earlier it should start (its going to take awhile to get everyone to finish their beers, take a piss, get outside, start walking).

Do we have flares for the march?

tfcmanu
03-07-2012, 10:24 AM
leave Croc roc at 6:45pm for the march is good so if we have to finish our beers or take a piss do it around 6:30pm and we will have no problems.:picard::flare:

NeeeN
03-07-2012, 10:35 AM
hahahaha good thing that I will be at a concert tonight.

WTF?!? Youre the only person that can drum that big monster!! Anyone else drumming it will be an epic fail!!!

Red4ever
03-07-2012, 10:37 AM
I'd feel a little more comfortable if we could go back and forth on 6:45 vs 7:00 for a few more pages. I get the sense that people should be there early but I don't think that anyone has adequately really made that point yet.

Phil
03-07-2012, 10:53 AM

1.5 hours pre game to play, drum is easily moved. Lets stay positive and respectful!

Its an easy issue to solve :D

Redcoe15
03-07-2012, 11:03 AM

Dontcha mean when it closes? Cuz I know where I'll be afterwards.:ihih: :D

Parkdale
03-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi,

a number of factors went into putting the drum in 117, but it can move if we need to make changes. flexibility is key, so lets not write things off as a failure until we actually try them and see what works. No one has actually done this before, so let's make sure opinions aren't labeled as facts.

InDa_110
03-07-2012, 11:10 AM
At front and York right now.

Please keep in mind that in addition to tfc, raps are in town, and the largest mining conference in the world is happening at the convention centre. Factor in nicest day of the year as well for the downtown after work crowd. Streets are busier than usual already. My advice get down early.

stugautz
03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Which row in 117 will red thunder be?

Parkdale
03-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Which row in 117 will red thunder be?

it's right at the front corner (not the very front row though) but can move around if needed.

:drum:

Redcoe15
03-07-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm having my first beer right now. A Sleeman's Ale. Free for riding VIA Rail business class.

Life is good. :drinking: :D

Phil
03-07-2012, 11:20 AM
I think the skywalk is closed too. I saw detour signs all over and just took street level.

nfitz
03-07-2012, 11:21 AM
I think the skywalk is closed too. I saw detour signs all over and just took street level.Very closed. It stops in mid-air, with the construction for the Aquarium. It's been out for months.

Joe Kool
03-07-2012, 11:25 AM
I think the skywalk is closed too. I saw detour signs all over and just took street level.

Skywalk Closure (2011-2013)
In July 2011, construction begins on the Ripley's Aquarium of Canada to be built at the base of the CN Tower. For the period of July 2011 to July 2013, the construction crew must close the western entrance/exit of SkyWalk, the pedestrian connection between the CN Tower/Rogers Centre and Union Station, the TTC and GO Transit. Access between these two areas is still possible and facilitated by a signed detour.

Here is the detour info:

http://www.rogerscentre.com/seatmaps/Skywalk_closure.pdf

Red CB Toronto
03-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I will be in the bar drinking cold beer not too long from now, what a day this is going to be, party like its Red, what a night for everything. Barcelona in the afternoon before the Big Game Under The Roof. I can feel it.

tfcleeds
03-07-2012, 11:28 AM
I will be in the bar drinking cold beer not too long from now, what a day this is going to be, party like its Red, what a night for everything. Barcelona in the afternoon before the Big Game Under The Roof. I can feel it.

Geez, everybody's rubbing it in. Such a beautiful day too. 4 pm can't come soon enough...:drinking:

Parkdale
03-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Yah, I'm going to agree here. Aside from the keeping the beat point, the big drum, even from the visual aspect alone should be in the middle of it and not secluded to the side.

visually, the supporters section is invisible to the upper bowl. It's covered by an overhang from the 200 level.

A big part of this decision is to work to actively encourage the rest of the stadium to join in. there's 40,000 people who wont be able to sing anything but the simplest of chants. Getting them involved is essential.

RC8
03-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Doors open at 7 anyway, there's nothing you can do getting there before that. Leaving Croc at 6:45 makes most sense, as people will get to the stadium at 7:15 at the LATEST, just 15 minutes after doors were opened.

There is no point in being there before you are allowed to go into the stadium, when we could be marching downtown.

I have work 'til 6, I'll head down to the Croc after and hopefully join in with whatever is going on there.

__wowza
03-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Doors open at 7 anyway

wait.. wait.. WHAT!?
can anyone else confirm this?!

are MLSE really doing a march from realsports at 6 and not even opening the venue until 7!?

GabrielHurl
03-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Doors are open at 6:30 - per the Toronto FC Twitter

RT @torontofc: Gates open at 6:30 tonight. #TFC #CCL RT @bpk2011 @torontofc What time do gates open tonight? Please answer.

Red Rat
03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
wait.. wait.. WHAT!?
can anyone else confirm this?!

are MLSE really doing a march from realsports at 6 and not even opening the venue until 7!?
they are not marching? they are being ushered to the shydome

Alixir
03-07-2012, 11:50 AM
I will probably go in the earlier march...I would rather be at the stadium waiting 30 min for the gates to open so I can get in and put up my banners and what not then waiting in a line for 30-45 min to get in the stadium and have little time for set-up.
Again I compare this to my team in Japan where the supporters section is full our banners are up and we are singing 2 hours before kick-off.

Red Rat
03-07-2012, 11:51 AM
they are pros we are chumps

socceronly
03-07-2012, 11:53 AM
they are not marching? they are being ushered to the shydome

It's not about the 'march' it's about getting the soccer people out before their real customers come in.

They should have just set something up for all of us at a venue close by and made it a great event..... nope.

RC8
03-07-2012, 11:55 AM
When I bought my ticket at the skydome the guy at the booth said 7, but I guess he didn't know?

The MLSE march is obviously an excuse to get people out of their bar. See you at the Croc hopefully.

Parkdale
03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
I'll be at the croc, but leaving early.

To be honest, I can't wait to see a bunch of old friends in the stadium.

pardon my french but thank fuck this off-season is over today.

Belfast_Boy
03-07-2012, 12:00 PM
if you have a second shoot me a text when you're leaving Mike. if possible I'd like to meet up.

Yagbod
03-07-2012, 12:02 PM

^This, times about a fucking billion!

InDa_110
03-07-2012, 12:05 PM

Well said!

Parkdale
03-07-2012, 12:06 PM
if you have a second shoot me a text when you're leaving Mike. if possible I'd like to meet up.

will do.

wait, leaving FOR croc rock or leaving there for the dome?

__wowza
03-07-2012, 12:17 PM
CROCODILE ROCK:

FREE BEER
TOPLESS SERVERS
FALSE ADVERTISING

Parkdale
03-07-2012, 12:23 PM
http://cl.jroo.me/z3/E/o/D/d/a.aaa-Free-wifi-great-beer.jpg

__wowza
03-07-2012, 12:30 PM
^ im partial to K.O. Burgers on dupont's:

"EAT HERE OR WE'LL BOTH STARVE"

Red Rat
03-07-2012, 12:31 PM
will do.

wait, leaving FOR croc rock or leaving there for the dome?
I will stop at the crock for a beer before heading north.
What time are you getting there

Keyman
03-07-2012, 12:37 PM
See you guys at the Croc!

Parkdale
03-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I will stop at the crock for a beer before heading north.
What time are you getting there

thinking about 4

See you guys at the Croc!

where are your seats tonight?

Red Rat
03-07-2012, 12:42 PM
thinking about 4

everyone in my office is going to the game but me:(, I will see ya there maybe I could leave a bit earlier

InDa_110
03-07-2012, 12:48 PM
everyone in my office is going to the game but me:(, I will see ya there maybe I could leave a bit earlier

It appears there will be a lot of office parties tonight. There's 2 offices on my floor alone going.

Red Rat
03-07-2012, 12:57 PM
everyone please take a shit at home before heading out!
trust me you will thank me later!

Keyman
03-07-2012, 01:09 PM
thinking about 4

Technically they are in 117, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to migrate over toward you guys so I'm more central.

Whoop
03-07-2012, 01:37 PM
This weather is going to allow me to wear shorts tonight!

Parkdale
03-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Technically they are in 117, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to migrate over toward you guys so I'm more central.

I'm in 117, and for the moment, so is red thunder. We might move around a bit, but stick near and we'll bring it

Parkdale
03-07-2012, 01:40 PM

hahahaha..... you LOVE those shorts!

Ageroo
03-07-2012, 01:43 PM

do you even own pants? :D

Keyman
03-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm in 117, and for the moment, so is red thunder. We might move around a bit, but stick near and we'll bring it

Alright man sounds good. I go where the drum goes lol

I'll see you at the Croc.

Keyman
03-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Is anyone bringing a megaphone? I was thinking of picking one up for this season.

Whoop
03-07-2012, 01:53 PM
do you even own pants? :D

Unfortunately I do. Can't go to work in shorts. And I'm not stupid. Cold is cold. LOL

Pinkie
03-07-2012, 02:00 PM
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah how is it only 2?

Marianne
03-07-2012, 02:04 PM
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah how is it only 2?

Looks like you are stuck in the same parallel universe as me where each minute that passes is equal to one hour. How did we get here? More importantly, how do we escape this wretched universe?

Keyman
03-07-2012, 02:05 PM
My bro wants to come to the Croc tonight, but he's underage. Is that going to be a problem?

Redcoe15
03-07-2012, 02:07 PM
REDCOE HAS ARRIVED!!!

See you all at the Croc. (Right before I make a stop at the Burger's Priest). :yum: :D

The Professor
03-07-2012, 02:11 PM
This = work

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/21/86afc260-55d8-422f-a5ca-6edb8266cf4f.jpg

The Professor
03-07-2012, 02:12 PM
BTW - Dollarama at the bottom of College Park still had red streamers as of last night.

TOBOR !
03-07-2012, 02:13 PM
My bro wants to come to the Croc tonight, but he's underage. Is that going to be a problem?

Not for me.

Parkdale
03-07-2012, 02:15 PM
how to sneak out early.... how.....

Belfast_Boy
03-07-2012, 02:18 PM
how to sneak out early.... how.....

i'm at home eating a burger, drinking a beer. next, putting flags together.

(insert picture of Nelson doing a Ha ha, i'm on a mac and can't work the fucking thing)

Red Rat
03-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Is anyone bringing a megaphone? I was thinking of picking one up for this season.
you need that 45 watt monster that I saw.
It can be hooked to 110 or a car battery

ryan
03-07-2012, 02:31 PM
I love those stainless steel mugs with a lid my company gives me.

PERFECT FOR MY WHISKEY.

Belfast_Boy
03-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Id0gDV-cC60

Marianne
03-07-2012, 02:33 PM
This = work

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/21/86afc260-55d8-422f-a5ca-6edb8266cf4f.jpg

And on that note, I'm done. I can't take it anymore. I tried, but I just can't do it. I feel like it's the last day of school and I'm sitting here waiting for the bell to ring. Time for this kid to pull the fire alarm (metaphorically, not literally). Sitting at my desk any longer is just proving to be a serious exercise in futility.

I'm outta here.

:drum::drum:See you bitches soon!!!:drum::drum:

tfcleeds
03-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Technically I haven't taken my lunch break yet - I could leave, and just not come back?

TOBOR !
03-07-2012, 02:59 PM
^ Tehcnically you could.

grizzle
03-07-2012, 03:13 PM
BTW - Dollarama at the bottom of College Park still had red streamers as of last night.

Also at Dollerama at Spadina / Adelaide... at least 30 packs when I went an hour ago.

TOBOR !
03-07-2012, 03:18 PM
I went to the local dollar store at lunch only to find out that it went out of business... how does that happen ? Prices too high ? WTF ?

Red Rat
03-07-2012, 03:24 PM
hahahaa

Ageroo
03-07-2012, 03:32 PM
I went to the local dollar store at lunch only to find out that it went out of business... how does that happen ? Prices too high ? WTF ?

oh man....this post just made my day.....for now ;)

Belfast_Boy
03-07-2012, 03:36 PM
red streamers available at King and Yonge dollar store. if they aren't on the rack ask the dude.

gerrard73
03-07-2012, 03:42 PM
What's going on post game?... Especially if we win? I say we all pile into the Hazelton Hotel and greet the LA players as they come in for the night...

daner90
03-07-2012, 03:48 PM
What's going on post game?... Especially if we win? I say we all pile into the Hazelton Hotel and greet the LA players as they come in for the night...

I actually just logged on to ask the same question lol

What is happening post game!?!?!

tfc_4_ever
03-08-2012, 02:05 AM
the march was wicked! (still drunk as I write this)

__wowza
03-08-2012, 08:57 AM
fuckin patio cap!!
i wish i knew that when i went downstairs for the minute to grab my friend.

also, great music at croc's. big up to the person who kept playing the planet smashers!!

Heart of Stone
03-08-2012, 09:59 AM
the march was wicked! (still drunk as I write this)

It was an occasion... we showed our passion.

RC8
03-08-2012, 03:01 PM
I took a couple of videos, mostly for my girlfriend (who really wanted to be there but couldn't make it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Garrcr5-2-I&context=C4ba3df7ADvjVQa1PpcFNr5Y4y6LZYhJMadIeADoN_ K31q82Yzwrs=

For that one I just couldn't get myself to keep filming instead of just enjoying the historic moment. Girlfriend got a glimpse anyway hahah.

tfc_4_ever
03-08-2012, 10:57 PM
I took a couple of videos, mostly for my girlfriend (who really wanted to be there but couldn't make it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Garrcr5-2-I&context=C4ba3df7ADvjVQa1PpcFNr5Y4y6LZYhJMadIeADoN_ K31q82Yzwrs=

For that one I just couldn't get myself to keep filming instead of just enjoying the historic moment. Girlfriend got a glimpse anyway hahah.

Cheers I saw myself in that video !