PDA

View Full Version : Soccer in Canada - Toronto/LA interviews

jabbronies
03-05-2012, 09:34 AM
hey guys,

Posting this on behalf of the Soccer in Canada guys.
Just some off the cuff interviews with a couple LA and Toronto players:

8OFv3S-Mu44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OFv3S-Mu44&feature=colike

LesRougez116
03-05-2012, 10:40 AM
i think the report with referee is racist for hispanic. Disgusting.

more girl interviewing less racist guy

JonO
03-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Not sure what was racist in the interview... A little disrespectful, maybe

Roogsy
03-05-2012, 11:02 AM
I remember that chick.

I dig that chick.

LesRougez116
03-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Not sure what was racist in the interview... A little disrespectful, maybe

the man doesnt speak good english do all the question is bs

why would he support chivas as a ref? because all hispanic ref is evil cheaters?

but really the paper joke is horrible trying to make immigration paper joke.

this guy should try to ask these stupid questions to ref with good English. the red wud make him look like clown.

JonO
03-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Concacaf refs are generally biased and terrible. I think you are reading to much into the questions (or maybe you don't get the joke?)

james
03-05-2012, 11:30 AM
that was a strange video, actually besides the hot girl it was a shit viedo. Must say tho the LA Riot Squad fans are also such shit. But while Toronto FC has one of the best supports in MLS it is no longer a run away competition like it was back in year 1, other teams fans have raised the bar. Can't wait for the game at the sky dome, time to show TFC fans are still up there!

Red Rat
03-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Con Caca refs are divers

Red Rat
03-05-2012, 11:56 AM
I must say
esta tia es muy guapa!!!

inglish

This is one hot mamasita

inglish
mamasita

duno

SilverSamurai
03-05-2012, 12:12 PM
that was a strange video, actually besides the hot girl it was a shit viedo. Must say tho the LA Riot Squad fans are such shit. But while Toronto FC has one of the best supports in MLS it is no longer a run away competition like it was back in year 1, other teams fans have raised the bar. Can't wait for the game at the sky dome, time to show TFC fans are still up there!
I was thinking the same thing...

I stopped watching. What's the point of this video? I saw nothing remotely referring to the CCL. Maybe they do at the end, but it was painful to watch.

Fort York Redcoat
03-05-2012, 12:24 PM
^just fun. And girl.

jabbronies
03-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I was thinking the same thing...

I stopped watching. What's the point of this video? I saw nothing remotely referring to the CCL. Maybe they do at the end, but it was painful to watch.

^just fun. And girl.

as per my original post:

"...Just some off the cuff interviews with a couple LA and Toronto players"

Detroit_TFC
03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Smoking hot babe...I didn't pay any attention to anything else.

flamehawk
03-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Horribly racist immigration papers joke..

the other bits were alright.. the girl did a much better job.

Carefree
03-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Hot chick asking awkward, irrelevant questions. JDG feeling awkward, probably because his eyes were at the same level as the chick's boobs so he doesn't know where to look. (notice how quickly he mentions his girlfriend...)

Boooring!

Flint
03-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Diggin the chick!

iy12l
03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
these stupid american reporters need to gtfo

LesRougez116
03-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Horribly racist immigration papers joke..

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Brooker
03-05-2012, 04:57 PM
who's talking about immigration papers? wasn't he talking about his certificates to referee?

razor787
03-05-2012, 05:20 PM
What was the point of that? You are able to send reporters to talk to TFC, and LA Galaxy, and the questions are regarding A-list parties, sexting, and other garbage.

Waste of time and money.

JonO
03-05-2012, 07:58 PM
who's talking about immigration papers? wasn't he talking about his certificates to referee?
Agreed. If he wanted to make the racist joke, he would have asked to see his papers. He clearly asked for the certificate. I think reading anything more than general incompetance is a bit of a reach in this case

Klinsmann
03-05-2012, 08:19 PM
What is SEXTING??

1:46 Hotchick - Do you Sext?
1:50 TerryDunfield - No... (with a smile) I think I'd like to!

Oldtimer
03-05-2012, 08:36 PM
What was the point of that? You are able to send reporters to talk to TFC, and LA Galaxy, and the questions are regarding A-list parties, sexting, and other garbage.

Waste of time and money.

Agreed. What a waste of a golden opportunity. You can see the players thinking "why do I have to put up with this?"

Oldtimer
03-05-2012, 08:37 PM
What is SEXTING??

Sending texts with sexual overtones. Ranging from flirty to X-rated. Some sexters send naked pictures of themselves. Imagine how the sexter feels if the recipient later loses their phone!

jabbronies
03-06-2012, 01:40 PM
So the angle that these guys are taking is a more comical approach to interviewing the players. If you want the typical gameday questions, there are half a dozen other media outlets you can turn to to get that to hear the exact same answers to the same questions already asked.

Great feedback so far - although those who are looking into the racist thing - I think you are looking to deep into this and need to pull your heads out of your asses for a minute or two. All of the jokes in that segment are geared towards the ref not being good at his job or pulling for one team over the other. Basically taking shots at the CONCACAF ref's we've grown to love.

TorCanSoc
03-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Those two were around in '07, they were funny.

As far as racist re: the ref bit. (As a minority) I'd say no. He tried to be funny, and it completely missed the mark.

You can't be funny at the expense of someone else's language barrier, and your ability to pick and choose what goes into your video. Unfair, and unfunny yes. racist no.

The chick is still hot....but to me any chick under 30 with a body fat percentage less than 10% is hot....but that's just where I am in my middle aged life. :)

Roogsy
03-06-2012, 01:58 PM
that was a strange video, actually besides the hot girl it was a shit viedo. Must say tho the LA Riot Squad fans are also such shit. But while Toronto FC has one of the best supports in MLS it is no longer a run away competition like it was back in year 1, other teams fans have raised the bar. Can't wait for the game at the sky dome, time to show TFC fans are still up there!

The Riot Squad have been very welcoming and cooperative when our supporters have gone down there, I know personally because, one of their guys stepped up for us when an LA fan wanted to fight us on our first visit to LA. They were supporting their team when MLS was a couple of hacks and a community TV broadcast. I call several LARS members personal friends.

Roogsy
03-06-2012, 01:59 PM
these stupid american reporters need to gtfo

He is Canadian and a TFC fan. He's been doing these videos since year 1.

Red Rat
03-06-2012, 02:02 PM
hahahahahahahahahahah
I just shit my pants

SilverSamurai
03-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Those two were around in '07, they were funny.

As far as racist re: the ref bit. (As a minority) I'd say no. He tried to be funny, and it completely missed the mark.

You can't be funny at the expense of someone else's language barrier, and your ability to pick and choose what goes into your video. Unfair, and unfunny yes. racist no.

The chick is still hot....but to me any chick under 30 with a body fat percentage less than 10% is hot....but that's just where I am in my middle aged life. :)
I can agree with this. I didn't think it was racist and maybe I'm wrong but doesn't MLS use league officials from CAN/US? Ok technically CONCACAF but not the "same"...in which case, what was the point? The guy was likely a US based ref.

Anyways, just my opinion...