PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Cunningham Appreciation Thread

Kickit09
07-10-2008, 06:58 PM
There isnt much love for cunningham these days but while the haters hate, cunny's still one of our top scores. i'll never forget that hot humid day in LA... viva cunningham!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2008-05/38688842.jpg

Jeff Cunningham, man of the people.....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3263/2629376081_313e01e618.jpg?v=0

zeelaw
07-10-2008, 07:08 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3263/2629376081_313e01e618.jpg?v=0

lol look at all the people pointing tellin the dumbass he is offside

Draracle
07-10-2008, 07:08 PM
There isnt much love for cunningham these days but while the haters hate, cunny's still one of our top scores.

good god we suck.

AL-MO
07-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I was going to make a '100' banner for when he scores the goal,(just cus) but I just haven't got around to doing it.

Cambridge_Red
07-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Uhh hmmm ummm well we don't have esky anymore so I guess I can praise Cunnigham for that.

Kevvv
07-10-2008, 07:13 PM
I was going to make a '100' banner for when he scores the goal,(just cus) but I just haven't got around to doing it.

but you need it by Saturday!

AL-MO
07-10-2008, 07:21 PM
but you need it by Saturday!

I needed it ready a few Saturday's ago but that didn't happen. Bigger fish to fry. 1. Montreal 2. All Star Game

profit89
07-10-2008, 07:24 PM
He Stinks !!!

noochie
07-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Is this thread a joke? I am being totally serious... I cant tell. Best and the worst perhaps?

TFC07
07-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Well at least Cunny seems to be a funny man. :)

Jeffro
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Funny man... sure, maybe just a nutcase though... Back a few months he told carver on a thursday that he was going to get married... just happened to be on that coming saturday..... and TFC just happened to have a match on the sunday in Los Angeles..... I guess there was no honeymoon, cause he was on the subs bench and scored

jayeden
07-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Cunningham Scores #100
Sept 4, 2013
Toronto Sun

In due time, Toronto FC's Jeff Cunningham has scored his 100th MLS goal, or rather been credited for it. After celebrating his 100th goal 37 times, but having actually been offside on every instance, Jeff Cunningham was credited with his milstone marker this past Saturday in Columbus.

The play started as Cunningham broke away and had only the keeper to beat. Similar to many previous instances, Cunningham was easily stopped and fell to the ground in disbelief of a non call. The play started back the other way when midfielder Rohan Ricketts intercepted a pass, and had a shot on net from 30+ yards. The shot hit Cunningham, who was still sitting on the ground arguing the non-call, square in the face, and trickled to the back of the net.

In celebrating Cunningham ran over to all 18 columbus supporters where he was mauled with racial slurs and covered in streamers. All fans were ejected.

WHITEY
07-10-2008, 10:32 PM
I appreciate Cunny for fucking up multiple chances last night (as he done all season) and being a whiney bitch that doesn't know when he's offside(all season) and pulls his hand away from an oppnent and pouts like a freaking child and remains on his ass watching the play from the oppnent's 18 yard box for like 10 minutes to set up what should a krazy match on the 22nd!

What the fuck is there to appreciate this lazy fuck for?

bhoybobby
07-10-2008, 10:34 PM
I'd appreciate it if he'd fuck off, pronto like.

He's an overpaid, non productive self indulgent douce bag

Rhapido
07-10-2008, 10:36 PM
This thread might be misconstrued by mlsintoronto and the rest of the TFC brass, prolonging Cunningham's stay in Toronto. Is that what you people want? Think before you type! :mad5:

Kickit09
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
^ by that logic we'd have a team of DPs... but we have none

noochie
07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
This thread might be misconstrued by mlsintoronto and the rest of the TFC brass, prolonging Cunningham's stay in Toronto. Is that what you people want? Think before you type! :mad5:

Haha... I highly doubt TFC are making front office decisions by reading the RPB board. Everyone knows he is shite... including Carver and Mo who have both gone on record saying that they are shopping for a striker.

That being said, Cunny knows his days are numbered... now is that affecting his play in a negative way? You would think it would have the opposite effect. That he would try and fight for a spot... well maybe he can go and retire in SJ with Hucks.

CretanBull
07-10-2008, 11:42 PM
This is some appreciation thread! 17 replies and nothing good said about him...clearly its time to part company with him.

WHITEY
07-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Goodfuckingbye!

Steve
07-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Honestly, I don't think cunningham is bad so much as he has some severe issues right now. He just doesn't have the confidence to score. I mean, when he's offside he's put in some beauty touches for a goal, but when he isn't, he just seems to freeze up. Maybe he's lost his instincts (I believe he once had them, given the 99 goals), maybe he's just in a prolonged rut. I don't know, but I don't think it's fair to say he's shite and always has been.

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't want to dump him for a great striker (who still knows how to score), I just think he gets a worse rep than is warrented.

kitchener-TFC
07-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Cunningham Scores #100
Sept 4, 2013
Toronto Sun

In due time, Toronto FC's Jeff Cunningham has scored his 100th MLS goal, or rather been credited for it. After celebrating his 100th goal 37 times, but having actually been offside on every instance, Jeff Cunningham was credited with his milstone marker this past Saturday in Columbus.

The play started as Cunningham broke away and had only the keeper to beat. Similar to many previous instances, Cunningham was easily stopped and fell to the ground in disbelief of a non call. The play started back the other way when midfielder Rohan Ricketts intercepted a pass, and had a shot on net from 30+ yards. The shot hit Cunningham, who was still sitting on the ground arguing the non-call, square in the face, and trickled to the back of the net.

In celebrating Cunningham ran over to all 18 columbus supporters where he was mauled with racial slurs and covered in streamers. All fans were ejected.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

From TFC's e-mail update:
Jeff Cunningham and the Reds attackers will come up against Jon Busch (#1) in the Chicago goal.:o

mclaren
07-11-2008, 08:26 AM
what a refreshing change this thread is.

Dave67
07-11-2008, 09:24 AM
If Cunningham scores his 100th on Saturday in Chicago and runs into the supporters can we throw him back onto the field like an unwanted homerun baseball?

maninb
07-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Cunningham is a useless twat, who takes up far too much salary and playing time...not to mention he's a whiney little bitch who heads the ball like a 6 year old...Other than that I think he's BRILLIANT!

TFC Tifoso
07-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Jeff Dummyham appreciation.....hmmm let me see.....ummm....ummm.....oh I got it!....I appreciate the fact that this fuckhead will be off our team soon!!!!!....there..

Parkdale
07-11-2008, 10:47 AM
you know what....

His first goal against Vancouver WAS NOT offside. The defender headed it back to the keeper, and Cunny took it away. It CAN'T be offside when it's a pass-back.

that goal should have counted.

Carts
07-11-2008, 11:26 AM
you know what....

His first goal against Vancouver WAS NOT offside. The defender headed it back to the keeper, and Cunny took it away. It CAN'T be offside when it's a pass-back.

Absolutely...

We were yelling that at the Mansion... We watched the reply, the linesman MUST have seen it - and is just too much of a moron to know the damn rules...

It wasn't like the Canada/USA Gold Cup fiasco where at least that happened quickly (they still shouldn't have f*cked that up) - this one BLATANTLY OBVIOUS!!!

Very frustrating...

Carts...

ExiledRed
07-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Cunny is bad luck for our team.

Simple as that, he is the jonah on the ship that killed the albatross and needs to be thrown overboard before his curse sinks the ship.

really.

kitchener-TFC
07-11-2008, 11:59 AM
So does that mean we got fucked by the ref in both games?

King Tut
07-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Fuck Cunningham. Dig a hole and bury him.

Azerban
07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
you know what....

That was precisely what I was saying that night. It's Gold Cup 2007 all over again.

Kickit09
07-11-2008, 06:02 PM
with dichio injured and every possible DP Mo's talked to going elsewhere, cunningham is the best striker we have right now.

ilikemusic
07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Cunny is bad luck for our team.

Simple as that, he is the jonah on the ship that killed the albatross and needs to be thrown overboard before his curse sinks the ship.

really.

Yep. Even if he werent as bad as we make him out to be (which he is anyway:p) I think hes earned a reputation with refs across North America. Hes never going to get the penalty he obviously wants so desperately because no ref is going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not that I think thats a problem. Hes made his bed.

bhoybobby
07-11-2008, 08:20 PM
with dichio injured and every possible DP Mo's talked to going elsewhere, cunningham is the best striker we have right now.

I'd rather play with ten men a pass to him's a waste.

noochie
07-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I'd rather play with ten men a pass to him's a waste.

How Carver has not given Smith a better look is beyond me. What is there to lose... you can't do any worse than Cunny?