PDA

View Full Version : CCL Streamer Shower

peterboroughtfcfan
02-29-2012, 12:56 PM
This has been talked about at great length in the members forum, but we need to encourage everyone to bring as many streamers as you can to the CCL game at Skydome.

One important note, the streamers will not be used for corner kicks as they were in years 1,2,3. This is still banned by the team, MLS and I believe by the tournament rules. Streamers should not be thrown onto the field of play, but should remain around the periphery or in the stands. To be clear - DO NOT THROW ANYTHING ON THE FIELD OF PLAY OR AT PLAYERS.

In terms of logistics and timing, I think it makes the most sense to launch the streamers right at kick-off as it gives everyone a defined reference point. In the past we have tried creating a massive display after we finish singing Oh Canada, but it is sometimes hard to line up everyones voices. If we throw them when the ball is first touched it will make for a pretty dramatic display and will allow for perfect timing.

While stremers will look great anywhere in the building, they will have a particularly dramatic effect from the 5th deck. If you are in the 500's, you are strongly encouraged to bring a few extra streamers and pass them out around you.

* Executive, please correct me if I am mistating anything or if I have left anything out.

peterboroughtfcfan
02-29-2012, 01:00 PM
See 2 min mark of this video for thegeneral idea. (Minus the flares and the streamers being thrown on the pitch of course).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib70m35Pc5Q

Wagner
02-29-2012, 01:12 PM
if you can get a streamer from the south end (118/119) to the corner...you should also expect a call from the Blue Jays.

Furtado91
02-29-2012, 01:18 PM
if you can get a streamer from the south end (118/119) to the corner...you should also expect a call from the Blue Jays.

better get the ye old arm in shape then :D This is my moment to shine and one chance to make it to the big leagues.:stogey:

GhostKiller
02-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Obviously it would look cooler if all the streamers were coming from a couple sections with everyone throwing them at the same time as opposed to a few people tossing them around the stadium. Is it possible to designate some sections for throwing streamers and everyone bring streamers for that section? And how do we tell everyone when to throw it unless its in the supporters section?

tfc2007
02-29-2012, 02:47 PM
is SkyDome for sure letting people openly take in streamers and throw streamers (not on to the field).... They do not allow this for Jays games.

:scarf:

Phil
02-29-2012, 03:00 PM
is SkyDome for sure letting people openly take in streamers and throw streamers (not on to the field).... They do not allow this for Jays games.

:scarf:

Our understanding is that this is an allowed item. Head of security and operations had no issue allowing them in, resources are there to do the cleanup.

TorontoGooner
02-29-2012, 03:35 PM
POZNAN! POZNAN!! Haha, I jest.

Great idea. Streamers at the ready

ouderwien
02-29-2012, 03:47 PM
I am sitting in section 139 and I've already purchased a pleutra of streamers for my group and hopefully others in our section.

So we will be joining in on this action and it would be really nice if the entire stadium actually partakes in this.

TFC Cityboy
02-29-2012, 04:06 PM
POZNAN! POZNAN!! Haha, I jest.

Great idea. Streamers at the ready

i COULD GET BEHIND THAT!

peterboroughtfcfan
02-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Obviously it would look cooler if all the streamers were coming from a couple sections with everyone throwing them at the same time as opposed to a few people tossing them around the stadium. Is it possible to designate some sections for throwing streamers and everyone bring streamers for that section? And how do we tell everyone when to throw it unless its in the supporters section?

I don't think it will be a problem getting the supporters to load up on streamers. The problem is we are all located in level 100. For the most impressive impact we need them raining down from level 500.

I take your point about informing people though. Obviously the first step is to spread the word on the message boards. It would also be helpful if TFC did a blast on their facebook page - something to the effect of "Streamers are Back".

They could also spread the message about throwing them at kickoff.

Executive - any thoughts on whether this might work/happen?

TorontoGooner
02-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Any particular colour? White always works but a mixture of red and white would be awesome

peterboroughtfcfan
02-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Any particular colour? White always works but a mixture of red and white would be awesome

I don't think it really matters. Perhaps white would stand out better against the backdrop of red jerseys.

Fort York Redcoat
02-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Get behind this people! Buy Early and Buy Often! So Cheap! If you have more than you can throw-spread the Love! Timing would coincide best with kick off. Displays will be done as the players march out!

cherono
02-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Sorry - just to be clear here - streamers are ok? I've got the whole front row of a 500 section at midfield; if this is indeed a go, I'll get tonnes of streamers and pass them out all over the place!

kodiakTFC
02-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Sorry - just to be clear here - streamers are ok? I've got the whole front row of a 500 section at midfield; if this is indeed a go, I'll get tonnes of streamers and pass them out all over the place!

Yeah I want some clarification, I'll bring a garbage bag!

Code Red
02-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Got mine over a week ago. Let it rain!

Code Red
02-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Perhaps the capos can direct all the supporters when to throw the streamers. In other words, as people are taking their seats they can advise people to hold off throwing them until kickoff?

peterboroughtfcfan
03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Perhaps the capos can direct all the supporters when to throw the streamers. In other words, as people are taking their seats they can advise people to hold off throwing them until kickoff?

That will be hard to do since all of the capos will be in the supports section. We need anyone who reads this to try to spread the word at the game and beforehand.

To be clear though, streamers are acceptable.

Yohan
03-01-2012, 01:08 PM
people are sheep. once the supporters section start throwing streamers, everyone will clue in

Shway
03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
^should just set up by every gate a bin of streamers for fans to take to their seats.

Red, White, and Gray combo would look nice

Yagbod
03-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Just tell everyone you give a streamer to that they should watch the south end for the cue. Word of mouth should work just fine. In the past I know people have also written instuctions on the streamer. That sounds like too much work for me.

BigTingsGwan
03-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Pretty sure the club will be littering the upper levels with streamers. At least that is what I was told.

Phil
03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Pretty sure the club will be littering the upper levels with streamers. At least that is what I was told.

Heard the same.

That being said, BRING MORE :D

Torontotonto
03-01-2012, 06:45 PM

That would be an awsome gesture by the club.

I'm sure they want this televised event to be huge.
With the various banners/tifo's I seen and helped on, this is going to be an Epic night.

Oh by the way TFC 1 - 0 against Dallas @ 34th min, Luis Silva Goaaaaaal

edit = Silva gets a second @ 39th min
:drum::flare::scarf::flare::drum:

Wolfe
03-01-2012, 09:01 PM
An idea might be to have a dozen people or so bring a bunch of streamers early and hang out by the gates where people enter to go to the 500 levels, and hand out the streamers to the people entering those gates and let them know when to toss. It would obviously take 10 or so people to be willing to do this in order to get enough handed out but they could easily give 4-6 to each person for a 15 minute span and ask them to spread them out and the word in their sections

Shakes McQueen
03-01-2012, 09:22 PM
God I hope we win this game, because it sounds like it's going to be a really fun and exciting night. A decisive victory would be a really nice finish to the evening, and could really set the tone amongst the supporters going into the season proper.

- Scott

denime
03-02-2012, 06:43 AM
An idea might be to have a dozen people or so bring a bunch of streamers early and hang out by the gates where people enter to go to the 500 levels, and hand out the streamers to the people entering those gates and let them know when to toss. It would obviously take 10 or so people to be willing to do this in order to get enough handed out but they could easily give 4-6 to each person for a 15 minute span and ask them to spread them out and the word in their sections

Apparently TFC FO will take care of that,few posts above yours:

Technorgasm
03-02-2012, 08:56 AM
can I get a Hells ya?!!

TFC Cityboy
03-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Apparently TFC FO will take care of that,few posts above yours:

EXCELLENT! Great to see the FO taking initiatives.

ouderwien
03-02-2012, 10:30 AM

As I said, I'll be on the otherside at 139, so I can for sure help hand out and distribute more amongst the entire stadium. Im excited!:scarf:

TorontoFC13
03-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Where can we buy the most amount of streamers for the least amount of $$ ?? :P

JavierMartini
03-03-2012, 04:28 PM
I don't think it will be a problem getting the supporters to load up on streamers. The problem is we are all located in level 100. For the most impressive impact we need them raining down from level 500.

I take your point about informing people though. Obviously the first step is to spread the word on the message boards. It would also be helpful if TFC did a blast on their facebook page - something to the effect of "Streamers are Back".

They could also spread the message about throwing them at kickoff.

Executive - any thoughts on whether this might work/happen?

Ill, be right above the middle of the supporters in 200 level so expect some red-white showers :scarf:

TorontoGooner
03-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Where can we buy the most amount of streamers for the least amount of $$ ?? :P

Dollarstores have loads, just got mine!

TorontoFC13
03-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Alright and I've been to many TFC games but have never been in the supporters section and thrown streamers but the Skydome is a much bigger stadium so I was just wondering if there would be a point of bringing alot of streamers if I'm sitting in the lowerbowl...

Redcoe15
03-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I just bought a bagful of streamers. 10 red and 10 white.

BritSOL
03-05-2012, 05:10 PM
The general consensus of this thread seems to be throwing streamers at kick off, but the open letter available at the top of this web site says to throw after the National Anthem. Which is is to be?

zeelaw
03-05-2012, 08:05 PM
^During all the goals :P

Belfast_Boy
03-05-2012, 09:14 PM
who raided the dollarstore in the beaches????

only green and blue left.... gotta go on the hunt!

denime
03-05-2012, 11:06 PM
The general consensus of this thread seems to be throwing streamers at kick off, but the open letter available at the top of this web site says to throw after the National Anthem. Which is is to be?

AS always, after the National Anthem.

Technorgasm
03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Im just going to raid every SUN postbox I see,
cut those rags up into 4" squares and litter the air with that disgusting putrid filth.

for the glory of the display for our beloved TFC of course!

tfcmanu
03-06-2012, 10:16 AM
No Red White streamers in AURORA and Newmarket....Coach GT, Jimmy B is that you guy's taking all the streamers at all the Dollerama's up here.:flare:

devioustrevor
03-06-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm busing in for the game, so I don't control my schedule otherwise I could you all a pile of them. The dollar stores here in Belleville have piles. A pack of 2 81' paper streamers is only $1.25

There were probably 20+ packs of each, and that was only at Dollar Tree, there a few other dollar stores I hadn't even looked at.

T.O TILL I DIE
03-06-2012, 05:46 PM
im not sitting near the supporters do you think itll be a problem if i throw streamers in a non supporter section?

nxtmike
03-06-2012, 06:02 PM
im not sitting near the supporters do you think itll be a problem if i throw streamers in a non supporter section?

Of course we want you to be throwing them after the anthem from whereever you are.

Yohan
03-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Why are streamers so expensive!

shwade
03-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Why are streamers so expensive!

steal them!