PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Lambe official fan page on fb "MUST SEE"

@PlainEnglish1
02-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Pics from the "Evoluxen" photo/video shoot taken last night now up on Reggie's official fan page http://www.facebook.com/reggielambe?ref=notif&notif_t=fbpage_fan_invite&sk=wall#!/reggielambe?sk=wall

Have a look and click on the like button, for all the RPB members there should be a bunch of pics you really like without saying too much. If you follow me @PlainEnglish1 and/or @Reggienaldo on twitter you will know what im talking about as I was tweeting/posting from there last night.

www.reggielambe.com (http://www.reggielambe.com) coming soon

RealG-TFC
02-09-2012, 08:00 PM
rohan ricketts part two?

ArmenJBX
02-09-2012, 08:02 PM
He should probably play a game first before we have a fan page :D

Imagine we had a fan page for someone like Kyle Davies or Raivis Hscanovics

Ossington Mental Youth
02-09-2012, 08:18 PM
rohan ricketts part two?

i hope not.
first thing that came to my mind too.
I didnt dislike Rohan so much like alot of people but id really prefer he doesnt end up the same way.

@PlainEnglish1
02-09-2012, 08:36 PM
lol he's focused believe me, all he talks about is doing well for TFC so no problem there.

Kaz
02-09-2012, 08:40 PM
They need to fire the photographer....

Keegan
02-09-2012, 08:48 PM
So should we just release him now and save the trouble? lol

MarkoftheDrink
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey @PlainEnglish1 in the interest of full disclosure could you elaborate on the nature of Reggie's relationship with you and Evoluxen?

Canary10
02-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Just a hint to Evoluxen. A player should never look like they're being marketed by a company. You should be in the background and no one should know that you're doing it.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2012, 10:17 PM

yeah, he should probably play first.....

TFCwestcan
02-09-2012, 10:25 PM
rohan ricketts part two?

You took the words from my mouth, let's hope his quality on the field matches his ego, if so strut on...

Oldtimer
02-09-2012, 10:55 PM
^not a good sign.

Shway
02-10-2012, 12:34 AM
talk about giving the kid a chance, geeze
and when he does good, we'll be singing praises

J .
02-10-2012, 01:24 AM
score a goal...

Oldtimer
02-10-2012, 06:32 AM

Here you go!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Raivis-Hscanovics/110606338960450

:D

Shakes McQueen
02-10-2012, 07:01 AM
I hope he does well for us, but I'm going to wait until he plays at least one game for us before I consider his Facebook page a "MUST SEE".

When your self promotion outstrips your contributions on the pitch, you end up with another Rohan Ricketts, fairly or unfairly.

- Scott

nascarguy
02-10-2012, 07:33 AM
I hope he does well for us, but I'm going to wait until he plays at least one game for us before I consider his Facebook page a "MUST SEE".

When your self promotion outstrips your contributions on the pitch, you end up with another Rohan Ricketts, fairly or unfairly.

- Scott
yup English stop trying to money off our player's maybe TFC needs step in and take care if this

Shakes McQueen
02-10-2012, 07:38 AM
I wouldn't go that far - I'm just going to wait until I have confirmation that he's worth his weight as a footballer.

- Scott

TOBOR !
02-10-2012, 08:15 AM
This is a bit embarrassing for the player.

Rolling with Reggie... awesome.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-10-2012, 08:49 AM
id be willing to bet alot of professional footballers/athletes have this sort of website. its only embarrassing when they are pushing it and not doing anything else

__wowza
02-10-2012, 09:02 AM

say what you will but raivis had one of the best chants in the entire world distributed to him. you'd think if you got a good chant, you'd at least wanna perform well enough to warrant us actually singing it for you!!

ginkster88
02-10-2012, 09:27 AM
that evoluxen logo is terrible.

If you have a stock image in your logo, I'm not buying from your company.

TO DEVILS
02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Pics from the "Evoluxen" photo/video shoot taken last night now up on Reggie's official fan page http://www.facebook.com/reggielambe?ref=notif&notif_t=fbpage_fan_invite&sk=wall#!/reggielambe?sk=wall

Have a look and click on the like button, for all the RPB members there should be a bunch of pics you really like without saying too much. If you follow me @PlainEnglish1 and/or @Reggienaldo on twitter you will know what im talking about as I was tweeting/posting from there last night.

www.reggielambe.com (http://www.reggielambe.com) coming soon

PlainEnglish is to a players soccer career what kryptonite is to superman.

Chris Wren
02-10-2012, 01:03 PM
The guy has confidence. Hopefully he is a quality player with some entertainment value, that would be great.

I can hear it now, "Reg-gie! Reg-gie! Reg-gie!"

EastYork
02-10-2012, 01:04 PM
PlainEnglish is to a players soccer career what kryptonite is to superman.

LOL.

TorontoGooner
02-10-2012, 01:15 PM
that evoluxen logo is terrible.

If you have a stock image in your logo, I'm not buying from your company.

Haha, I may adapt this mantra in life

TOBOR !
02-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Nice one, Armen :

@ReggieNaldo Reggie, we need to get an interview down with @rednationonline , your fan page has people talking!

oh, they're talking.

DangerRed
02-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Uh oh. Bad sign.

Check the ego and focus on getting your game up first. Here's hoping this isn't a dud in the making.

Oldtimer
02-10-2012, 02:12 PM
oh, they're talking. :lol:

I think he should let his feet do the talking and save the interviews, websites, whatever for when he helps us get into the playoffs.

Kyle_121
02-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Awesome!

Where can I buy the shirts, inspirational book and sign my kids up for his academy?

He does have an academy right? It's the propah thing to do...

What a bloody joke.

Plain English / Big Bruva tells no lies!

dantdot
02-10-2012, 03:54 PM
It's still the shoes.

TorontoGooner
02-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Play first. Talk later. I'm a little embarrased for the lad. I know he has good intentions but perhaps a little less of the self publication might do him so good.

ArmenJBX
02-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Nice one, Armen :

oh, they're talking.

Just wanted to see if he's behind this or not.

There's a tendency for English players to come here and expect to make it big (The big fish in a small pond mentality.)

I wanted to see if he was behind this or if his agent/peers were running the show.

Also, I'm bored, the off-season has not been kind to us, low drama (Which is a good thing! :D)

Chris Wren
02-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Honest to god, what is the problem? Everybody is so damn miserable. It's unbelievable.

Welcome to Toronto Reggie.

KRO
02-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Give the kid a break! And BTW Armen, he's from Bermuda, not England.

ensco
02-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Honest to god, what is the problem? Everybody is so damn miserable. It's unbelievable.

Welcome to Toronto Reggie.

Chris Wren, I come in peace.

You have a point. you may even be right. But how about articulating your point, as opposed to just calling people out? It just feels like trolling, even if you don't mean it that way.

The thing I would say that I suspect you might agree with is: don't judge a book by its cover. What happened with Ricketts has zip to do with Lambe. Besides, who can say that Ricketts off field stuff had anything to do with failing? Maybe he just wasn't any good.

Beyond that, who cares whether Rohan Ricketts was on twitter or at parties? All that matters is that he failed. We don't care why. It's up to Reggie Lambe to do what it takes to take advantage of his opportunities in life, as Rohan did not do on the soccer field. But maybe all that goofy off-field stuff gets Ricketts a job in entertainment someday, and who are we to say it was wrong.

Lambe makes his own bed, he has to lie in it if it doesn't work out.

ArmenJBX
02-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Yeah but he's coming off Ipswich!

dantdot
02-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Rollin' with Lambe, let's do it.

TOBOR !
02-10-2012, 07:11 PM

There's a tendency for English players to come here and expect to make it big (The big fish in a small pond mentality.)

I wanted to see if he was behind this or if his agent/peers were running the show.

Also, I'm bored, the off-season has not been kind to us, low drama (Which is a good thing! :D)

Seriously - I liked how you mentioned that people were talking, but left out what they were saying - smoooth

MartinUtd
02-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Chris Wren, I come in peace.

You have a point. you may even be right. But how about articulating your point, as opposed to just calling people out? It just feels like trolling, even if you don't mean it that way.

The thing I would say that I suspect you might agree with is: don't judge a book by its cover. What happened with Ricketts has zip to do with Lambe. Besides, who can say that Ricketts off field stuff had anything to do with failing? Maybe he just wasn't any good.

Beyond that, who cares whether Rohan Ricketts was on twitter or at parties? All that matters is that he failed. We don't care why. It's up to Reggie Lambe to do what it takes to take advantage of his opportunities in life, as Rohan did not do on the soccer field. But maybe all that goofy off-field stuff gets Ricketts a job in entertainment someday, and who are we to say it was wrong.

Lambe makes his own bed, he has to lie in it if it doesn't work out.

Everyone is piling on the guy and calling him the second coming of Ricketts because of one post made by some other guy. No disrespect, but what kind of an academic rebuttal were you looking for?

Chris Wren
02-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Everyone is piling on the guy and calling him the second coming of Ricketts because of one post made by some other guy. No disrespect, but what kind of an academic rebuttal were you looking for?

Thanks, you understand what I mean.

To Ensco, no offense taken. I sometimes find there to be as much or more negativity and suspicion of everything for cynicism's sake as there is optimism and positivity for the sake of TFC being our team. I was hoping for more positivity and found the unnecessary ridicule of Lambe a bit much.

In the end, I'm closing my account. All the best to my fellow TFC supporters.

2012: The year we make contact.

jloome
02-10-2012, 07:54 PM

Armen, love that you're gonna ask him about the fanpage/overhyping himself, tell him about Ricketts. Dude, keep asking the awkward stuff no one else wants to ask and you'll have a good career as a reporter. Whether people wish to believe it or not, there is definitely a history of guys coming in from Europe expecting a cakewalk and getting handed their lunch, doubly so when they have outside distractions.

Dunkers
02-10-2012, 08:02 PM
"We aren't here to sell you what we can do — because frankly there isn't much we can't. We aim to sell you what you need..."

^From the evoluxen website....apparently they cant make RPB members like his facebook page...21 and counting

ensco
02-10-2012, 08:15 PM

I think just calling out people who are being critical is weak. You attack the argument, not the person.

Re the substance, the accusation that there are all these cynical people here: I disagree, there is skepticism, not cynicism. It's rooted in objective fact.

In MLS history there have been 112 5 year periods. NY, NE, DC, the founding teams all have 11 (starting with 1996-2000). Chicago has 8. RSL has 3. Etc. TFC has one 5 year period. It is, by a country mile, the worst 5 year period out of the 112.

But wait. That's not all. We get to pay the highest prices in the league, and when that starts to wobble, we get spun and/or lied to (this one being just one of many examples of dissembling, this one was about attendance).
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2011/04/18/sp-mls-tfc-attendance.html

I know it's a supporters site, it's the eternal argument, I get that it's important to have a positive attitude in life, and in different circumstances Id agree. But given all that has occurred, this has been so exceptionally bad...people have every right, and good reasons, to worry, to be skeptical, and shouldn't expect to be called out for it.

Like I said, I think Chris Wren was right about Lambe. But he's wrong not to understand that you can be both be a true fan, and feel skepticism, in these exceptional circumstances. Also, I hope he doesn't follow through on shutting down. I would rather that he try to explain to me why he thinks I'm wrong.

Alonso
02-10-2012, 09:02 PM

Something was off about this off-season, and until you wrote this I wasn't quite sure what it was....

There has been absolutely zero drama.

WTF!?!

I mean the team is almost ready to play for its first game three weeks away and they have all the pieces in place to, you know, actually play a game.

As for Reggie... let's not get ahead of ourselves.... We've over done that.

MartinUtd
02-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Ensco, while there is merit in what you're saying about TFC, you are in fact jumping in on a broad comment addressed to "everyone" regarding the sentiment expressed in this thread and then picking a fight about it. Leaving aside the irony of it all, there were comparisons made between RR and RL that were fair game to be called out when considering Reggie Lamb hasn't made any public comments nor has he played a game in red yet.

Saying Reggie Lamb could be a bust is skepticism. Directly comparing him to Rohan Ricketts because some hype man shows up before the season starts is cynicism.

All very entertaining though.

T-boy
02-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Clearly the kid is VERY excited to be here. Let's not put down that enthusiasm! To him, he's come from a large pond to a small one, and the TFC management have said VERY nice things about him, so he's going to be floating on air right now!

We just want to see that enthusiasm on the field come the start of the season, and he'll be fine.

Oldtimer
02-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I actually don't blame Reggie at all for this fiasco. I totally blame the guy who sold him on buying his "web promotion services" (Big Bruva?).

ensco
02-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Ensco, while there is merit in what you're saying about TFC, you are in fact jumping in on a broad comment addressed to "everyone" regarding the sentiment expressed in this thread and then picking a fight about it.

I am amused to find myself in the role of Defender of the Realm - I'm not actually sure how that happened!

I'm going back to being a know-it-all contrarian curmudgeon now.

TOBOR !
02-10-2012, 10:02 PM
people need to get thicker skin, people do.

Auzzy
02-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks, you understand what I mean.

To Ensco, no offense taken. I sometimes find there to be as much or more negativity and suspicion of everything for cynicism's sake as there is optimism and positivity for the sake of TFC being our team. I was hoping for more positivity and found the unnecessary ridicule of Lambe a bit much.

In the end, I'm closing my account. All the best to my fellow TFC supporters.

2012: The year we make contact.

Ha, good luck with that. :D Believe me, I've tried to stay away at times. You know, it's just like the car crash, you don't really want to see it, it's disturbing if you look, but you know you just have to look. Do you realize you can read most of these threads w/o having an account or being logged in? Except w/o an account, you can't even respond to some ridiculous comment...

Chris Wren
02-10-2012, 10:53 PM
I have asked denime to cancel it for me as I can't figure out how.

In the meantime I'll answer to ensco. Who said I thought you were wrong? Why is it about you? I can't debate anything with you anyway because on one thread, after you started off by insulting me, I asked for proof of something being stated as fact and you actually ridiculed me. You'd rather use your own numbers (like your opinion of TFC's attendance, despite the provided numbers) to back up your opinions.

It's no fun to debate with people who are always right and want it both ways. You can say pointless things to me like calling me a 12 year old Star Wars nerd, but my saying people on this forum are negative without some 'fact' is weak.

It's the circular logic game that I don't like to play. It's not cynicism it's skepticism. Either way, it's a glass half empty point of view, and that just isn't much fun.

I don't want to end on a negative. That's it. Just came back to check. Like Auzzy says, it's addictive.

All the best in 2012.

ensco
02-10-2012, 11:09 PM
^hmmm

Chris Wren, I apologize. I do sometimes think it's about me when it's not. It's not always about right or wrong. We're all just here for a few laughs, and an escape, at the end of the day. I hope you will reconsider, and allow me to buy you a pint at a game.

bman27
02-11-2012, 01:32 AM
you can tell it has been a drama-less off season when some people are suggesting a player could be a flop and a media whore after doing one photoshoot, and a overeager marketing guy jumps the gun on promoting it. what is the big deal, players from leagues around the world in every sport have there own website etc etc, here is hoping that he is able to help bring success to the club, not a big deal

J .
02-11-2012, 05:11 AM
maybe someone really likes Reggie Lambe and has a fan club, I dont think others who want to see him contribute on the pitch find it too rich to invest in him before he plays a minute is offside.

TFC fans are dying for someone to electrify them so if he can play his boots will talk, not a fan page and playing quality football is the way to go.

JuliquE
02-11-2012, 05:28 AM
^hmmm

Chris Wren, I apologize. I do sometimes think it's about me when it's not. It's not always about right or wrong. We're all just here for a few laughs, and an escape, at the end of the day. I hope you will reconsider, and allow me to buy you a pint at a game.
You've had a go at me, in a condescending tone, a time or two before and I could, in earnest, echo the very same sentiments as Chris Wren, as it pertains to my experiences, here; like Auzzy, I tried staying away awhile, to no avail.

I have, since, given up on staying away and I actually type all this to ask:

how about a pint for me?! Kölsch, bitte. :)

ensco
02-11-2012, 09:16 AM
You've had a go at me, in a condescending tone, a time or two before and I could, in earnest, echo the very same sentiments as Chris Wren, as it pertains to my experiences, here; like Auzzy, I tried staying away awhile, to no avail.

I have, since, given up on staying away and I actually type all this to ask:

how about a pint for me?! Kölsch, bitte. :)

This could get expensive. :D

If you think I've gone too far, you'll have to come after me in real time next time.

I think it happens to most of us. I quit for a couple of weeks last fall. There was a point last September/October when myself and a couple of others who didn't feel that great about the "second half turnaround" were getting jumped on by dozens for saying so.

JuliquE
02-11-2012, 10:36 AM
This could get expensive. :D

If you think I've gone too far, you'll have to come after me in real time next time.

I think it happens to most of us. I quit for a couple of weeks last fall. There was a point last September/October when myself and a couple of others who didn't feel that great about the "second half turnaround" were getting jumped on by dozens for saying so.
In the end, we're all of us human and we all want the same things, more or less (winning season, playoffs/CCL run, etc.)

Classy response. Cheers. :drinking:

Kaz
02-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Do I think the Pictures are aweful, yes... they are disturbingly bad.

Do I think that having a fan page being set-up a month before the first game is a miss-step... no it's what a marketing group should do, get things set up before hand, so that it can be found naturally and be promoted at the right time.

Do I think this is the right time for a marketing person (or a supposed marketing person) to create hype around a player that no one here has seen play yet, or if he is even going to be a starter or anything like that.... no that is where the miss step is. That is what the attacks are on.

I don't think anyone should be going after Lambe for this, he is trusting the people around him (assuming this is from people around him) to help work on his image. The fact they failed at that in every possible way isn't Lambe's fault.

To Lambe's marketing people, if you have a photographer on staff that is responsible... I recommend picking up two books, Light it, Shoot it, Retouch it, and Photoshop Compositing Secrets. Both will help you give much better service to your clients in the future.

Dv23
02-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Yeah, guys.. We need to take it a little easy on the guy and this story.
I think the only REAL problem here is how bad the photographs are.

(Also, I might be in the minority that thought Ricketts was a good player for us. Granted, I was 15 when we had him, and thought he was cool because he talked to me this one time. lol)

ManUtd4ever
02-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Much ado about nothing.

The only barometer by which a player should be judged is the level and consistency of his performance on the pitch.

Roogsy
02-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Much ado about nothing.

The only barometer by which a player should be judged is the level and consistency of his performance on the pitch.

Ah if it were only so. We pay lipservice to this claim but do we really see it?

Waggy
02-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Much ado about nothing.

Kind of true, but sometimes off field stuff can turn into on field stuff. This however is just harmless stupidity. Don't get what all the fuss is about. Guys got some confidence and is excited to be here. I'm sure he (or whoever his social media person is*) learned a little something.

* aside- Reggie, hire a new social media person. Whoever did this for you is a moron. Seriously. I don't see how anyone would think REGGIE LAMBE FANPAGE MUST SEE!!!!! is a good idea. Soft sell buddy, soft sell. It goes a long way in North America (especially Toronto where we really like our athletes humble)

Kaz
02-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Ok just because it hurts me so much, Reggie please if you see this or if your marketing people see it, do something else with those pictures. Hire a high school kid, or a first year college kid... almost anyone should be able to do something that will do better for you then a white background. That is from 10 minutes of boredom, reverse engineering the low quality stuff.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-sEtqAoQ3k2I/TzbXQZYQoYI/AAAAAAAAChg/1lj1vbPqDZA/s800/reggie-lambe1.gif

Chevy
02-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Kind of true, but sometimes off field stuff can turn into on field stuff. This however is just harmless stupidity. Don't get what all the fuss is about. Guys got some confidence and is excited to be here. I'm sure he (or whoever his social media person is*) learned a little something.

* aside- Reggie, hire a new social media person. Whoever did this for you is a moron. Seriously. I don't see how anyone would think REGGIE LAMBE FANPAGE MUST SEE!!!!! is a good idea. Soft sell buddy, soft sell. It goes a long way in North America (especially Toronto where we really like our athletes humble)

+1 Waggy. No offense to young Reggie, but he's a 21 year-old dumb kid (as all are), with I suspect a bunch of 21 year-old dumb friends. Nothing unusual here.

To the comment about only judging a player on his on-field performance - That's appropriate for a very young player, however as you move up the age (and hopefully maturity) scale there is an expectation for "performance" both on the pitch (stats) and off (leadership).

Chevy
02-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Ok just because it hurts me so much, Reggie please if you see this or if your marketing people see it, do something else with those pictures. Hire a high school kid, or a first year college kid... almost anyone should be able to do something that will do better for you then a white background. That is from 10 minutes of boredom, reverse engineering the low quality stuff.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-sEtqAoQ3k2I/TzbXQZYQoYI/AAAAAAAAChg/1lj1vbPqDZA/s800/reggie-lambe1.gif

I'm forever replacing my Dicio 23:13 Wallpaper with this. :)

Kaz
02-11-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm forever replacing my Dicio 23:13 Wallpaper with this. :)

:P I was bored, and I had nightmares about those pictures, call it a Sheldon moment, but I couldn't sleep knowing that outside my door was my computer, and on my computer was a link to this website, and on the website there was this thread and in this thread a link to those pictures... something had to be done..

If you want a Reggie Background give me 10 more minutes. :P

Reggie Album (https://plus.google.com/photos/110393907199709911687/albums/5707986251048506753?authkey=CLL4jKL3wriU0QE)

;)

lobo
02-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Pics from the "Evoluxen" photo/video shoot taken last night now up on Reggie's official fan page http://www.facebook.com/reggielambe?ref=notif&notif_t=fbpage_fan_invite&sk=wall#!/reggielambe?sk=wall (http://www.facebook.com/reggielambe?ref=notif&notif_t=fbpage_fan_invite&sk=wall#%21/reggielambe?sk=wall)

yeh, not getting it ... i think by not saying too much you are saying nothing at all

TOBOR !
02-11-2012, 05:11 PM
poor, poor Reggie...

TOBOR !
02-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Do I think the Pictures are aweful, yes... they are disturbingly bad.

Do I think that having a fan page being set-up a month before the first game is a miss-step... no it's what a marketing group should do, get things set up before hand, so that it can be found naturally and be promoted at the right time.

Do I think this is the right time for a marketing person (or a supposed marketing person) to create hype around a player that no one here has seen play yet, or if he is even going to be a starter or anything like that.... no that is where the miss step is. That is what the attacks are on.

I don't think anyone should be going after Lambe for this, he is trusting the people around him (assuming this is from people around him) to help work on his image. The fact they failed at that in every possible way isn't Lambe's fault.

To Lambe's marketing people, if you have a photographer on staff that is responsible... I recommend picking up two books, Light it, Shoot it, Retouch it, and Photoshop Compositing Secrets. Both will help you give much better service to your clients in the future.

Maybe it`s because I`m Old School, but it`s the very fact that he (or anyone) feels he (or they) has (or have) to have a company represent them, and promote their image, that annoys me to no end.

Who does he (or they) think he (or they) is (or are) ?

Everyone wants to be a star, and everyone else wants to make money off them.

For me, as soon as someone promotes themselves I find I want nothing to do with them.

Kaz
02-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Maybe it`s because I`m Old School, but it`s the very fact that he (or anyone) feels he (or they) has (or have) to have a company represent them, and promote their image, that annoys me to no end.

For me, as soon as someone promotes themselves I find I want nothing to do with them.

Well 5-10 years to play depending on success and injury, if the 5 year bracket then you might make 500k in salary, so you want to have a bit more of a nest egg while you go back to school, or retrain as a coach at significantly lower wages. So if you market yourself well, and willing to sell your brand, you make get a low end endorsement here and there... Starting early may be a good thing, particularly if you are investing that for the future.

I think they jumped the gun a lot... and what's worse is I think someone was proud of those pictures and wanted to show them off. And that is where the mistake was...

Honestly though I think his people were having some fun doing some photo's up for a fan page because they wanted too.. and some poor blind person was proud of the images, and came here like a child to a father. It might have been better to just have Reggie tweet about it with a #TFC tag, and then let it happen naturally...

With luck the group will learn.. I think we are all nice enough people we can give Reggies people this one as a pass. :)

jloome
02-11-2012, 08:34 PM

In his defence, he's coming from a country where mass-marketing (especially overhype marketing to younger fans) for football is almost a religion. A young guy might fully expect that type of hype there, especially if he's been told he's probably going to start.

But it's still legitimate, to me, for fans to make noise about potential distractions before they become bigger issues.

Eastend
02-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Where did @PlainEnglish1 go?

Canary10
02-11-2012, 10:00 PM
^ Seriously!

To me this is only interesting as a case study in how not to market a player. (Unless the goal was to manage expectations because they have succeeded in generating skepticism that the player is any good, especially after lots of positive press about him). Timing was wrong, images were wrong, and in the end it just fostered negativity amongst his prime target market. I would not be hiring Evoluxon or whatever it is for anything!!

On the positive side, Lambe's play on the pitch seems to be speaking for itself. Quite a few people have said he's quality.

Oldtimer
02-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Where did @PlainEnglish1 go?

He hasn't been on the board since he started this thread, so he doesn't know the "response" that his marketing has caused.

dantdot
02-11-2012, 10:57 PM
He hasn't been on the board since he started this thread, so he doesn't know the "response" that his marketing has caused.

He knows what he's doing. http://twitter.com/#!/PlainEnglish1/status/168166431001804800 (http://twitter.com/#%21/PlainEnglish1/status/168166431001804800) Trying his best to differentiate him from Ricketts. This is a nontroversy though, besides the amateurish attempt at promotion.

Waggy
02-12-2012, 02:20 AM
He knows what he's doing. http://twitter.com/#!/PlainEnglish1/status/168166431001804800 (http://twitter.com/#%21/PlainEnglish1/status/168166431001804800) Trying his best to differentiate him from Ricketts. This is a nontroversy though, besides the amateurish attempt at promotion.

I'd actually have thought big bruva would do better then that. Or at least know better than that. Welp whatever. Just git r done on the pitch.

bdrs
02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Hey folks, just to clear up, I run Evoluxen, and had been building a site for a couple of players, including Reggie in my free time. This is not meant to be marketing, it was meant to provide 'supporters' more access to info and share my enthusiasm for the season. No money was exchanged, nor was it as a result of Reggie's ego. Just my enthusiasm as a STH at him coming to play here. We don't represent him, or anything like that, just fans.

Either way, I assumed TFC supporters would want more of their new players, not less (as I do) and it looks like I was wrong on that. My apologies. I left these boards long ago because these attitudes are so predominant on here and call me crazy, I like to support not slay. No worries, your boards, just wanted to stop by and clear that up so no one thought anyone was being sold anything, player or supporter, and that Reggie wasn't thought ill of. I know he is very excited to play here. We'll pull it all down folks. NP there.

As for Plain English, he is my friend and does some promotional work for me. Ricketts is also a friend, and I am here to tell ya that indicating Plain English is responsible for Ro's missteps and lack of focus shows a lack of information on your parts. Quite the opposite.

Anyway, this will be the Reds year, so enjoy the season folks.

Roogsy
02-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Hey folks, just to clear up, I run Evoluxen, and had been building a site for a couple of players, including Reggie in my free time. This is not meant to be marketing, it was meant to provide 'supporters' more access to info and share my enthusiasm for the season. No money was exchanged, nor was it as a result of Reggie's ego. Just my enthusiasm as a STH at him coming to play here. We don't represent him, or anything like that, just fans.

Either way, I assumed TFC supporters would want more of their new players, not less (as I do) and it looks like I was wrong on that. My apologies. I left these boards long ago because these attitudes are so predominant on here and call me crazy, I like to support not slay. No worries, your boards, just wanted to stop by and clear that up so no one thought anyone was being sold anything, player or supporter, and that Reggie wasn't thought ill of. I know he is very excited to play here. We'll pull it all down folks. NP there.

As for Plain English, he is my friend and does some promotional work for me. Ricketts is also a friend, and I am here to tell ya that indicating Plain English is responsible for Ro's missteps and lack of focus shows a lack of information on your parts. Quite the opposite.

I never did understand the acrimony towards players doing things outside of football, especially when it helped their careers and remuneration. Like somehow MLS is the wonderful lottery people make it out to be. As if pro athletes somehow should train and play their sports 24/7 and everything else be damned.

I wonder how many bosses/wives would consider the time people spend here on these boards and at footy games qualify as "focus" towards their employment or families. I guess double-standards abound.

Either way, good for you helping out someone you believe in. Hopefully Lambe will settle into the city well and contribute on the pitch. Just warn him that TFC fans are exceptionally fickle and hypocritical in demanding of others that which they are not willing to demand of themselves. And they turn on you in a heartbeat if you violate some arbitrary rule about how athletes should behave like mindless robots built to serve the great empire MLSE. Buy him a book of clichés and tell him never to speak his mind and he should be fine.

Brooker
02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Jesus christ... More arrogance than Rick fucking Martel. Roogs can you give us lessons on how to be proper fans.. or just a proper human beings in general?

Roogsy
02-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Sure. For starters, ignore Brooker as much as possible. He makes it hard, but it pays in the end. :D

Brooker
02-22-2012, 11:58 AM
How is it hard? There's an ignore button. A genius like you should know that! :)

Roogsy
02-22-2012, 12:14 PM
I find you entertaining. Since you provide little insight into discussions other than quite humourous retorts, it's a choice I have made. To be honest you make me chuckle. :)

But on a more serious note regarding Lambe, Ricketts or any other player, I simply find it hypocritical that this thread and others like it, are rife with criticism as to how professional athletes "should" behave, as if most people here have played a single second of professional sports. And yet people get their backs up when they are criticised over their own behaviour. It's an obvious example of "I can criticize whomever I like but don't criticize me". Would that not be the very definition of hypocrisy? If I point that out and that makes me arrogant so be it. I will take that over being a hypocrite any day of the week.

Auzzy
02-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Cheers bdrs, thanks for the info!!! I agree, so much negativity around here. Those pages about Reggie certainly never got me worked up. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play -- and I enjoy hearing extra info about the players, no matter the exact format etc.

I generally think we often get too excited, both good & bad, about specific individuals. We actually haven't had the Messiah suit up or work for TFC yet; nor the devil.

Some people get so upset, so worked up, so argumentative about so many things. Yes, I'm a dedicated supporter in my chosen way, and I'll freak a bit on the bad days or during the bad games. But it still has to be fun somehow -- otherwise why bother? Why spend time on here, or even follow the team, if it's all so awful? (And the ability to laugh about ourselves & the team is also crucial -- a big reason I love tictoc's comic strip.)

I'm just glad nobody around here is ever overly fickle, hypocritical or unrealistic towards the managers, the coaches, the rest of management & MLSE, the league, the refs, the agents, the media, fellow supporters, etc.... :D

Kaz
02-22-2012, 12:44 PM

Hey bdrs, thanks for clearing that up, I think where a lot of people got confused was the intent. Particularly as Reggie hadn't played yet.

bdrs
02-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Hey bdrs, thanks for clearing that up, I think where a lot of people got confused was the intent. Particularly as Reggie hadn't played yet.

No Problem Kaz. Glad I could shed some light.

Canary10
02-22-2012, 01:32 PM
I find you entertaining. Since you provide little insight into discussions other than quite humourous retorts, it's a choice I have made. To be honest you make me chuckle. :)

But on a more serious note regarding Lambe, Ricketts or any other player, I simply find it hypocritical that this thread and others like it, are rife with criticism as to how professional athletes "should" behave, as if most people here have played a single second of professional sports. And yet people get their backs up when they are criticised over their own behaviour. It's an obvious example of "I can criticize whomever I like but don't criticize me". Would that not be the very definition of hypocrisy? If I point that out and that makes me arrogant so be it. I will take that over being a hypocrite any day of the week.

I don't think it's so much an issue of being hypocritical as it is there are good ways and not so good ways to market a player. This attempt was obviously not very well done if it managed to turn off 90% of the people on this board right away, given that it's probably a good subset of the market. There's lot this company can learn from the experience I think.

Roogsy
02-22-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't think it's so much an issue of being hypocritical as it is there are good ways and not so good ways to market a player. This attempt was obviously not very well done if it managed to turn off 90% of the people on this board right away, given that it's probably a good subset of the market. There's lot this company can learn from the experience I think.

I do agree. However, some of the reaction was not against the effort to market the player but against the player being marketed at all.

My position on these sorts of things has been fairly consistent. I don't care if a player is a media-whore or introvert, party-animal or homebody, adulterer or philanthropist. As long as they produce on the pitch and give their all, I could care less what they do away from it.

jloome
02-22-2012, 01:58 PM
How is it hard? There's an ignore button. A genius like you should know that! :)

Why do you bother? Seriously, have you sensed an ounce of humility? The arguments on this page are so basely illogical alone that it should tell you you're arguing with unchecked belief, rote amygdala and posterior parietal lobe chemistry. Give it up man.

Roogsy
02-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Why do you bother? Seriously, have you sensed an ounce of humility? The arguments on this page are so basely illogical alone that it should tell you you're arguing with unchecked belief, rote amygdala and posterior parietal lobe chemistry. Give it up man.

Nice. I have a dictionary too.

We could become amateur psycho-analysts to you as well but then we'd have to factor in failed journalist, part-time musician who likes to look up big words and pretend he knows something about people's personalities.

See? I can participate in ad-hominem attacks too.

Oldtimer
02-22-2012, 02:05 PM
since the discussion has turned to attacks, this thread is now closed.

Any questions on this, PM me.