PDA

View Full Version : Support West Ham In All Star

trane
07-10-2008, 12:44 PM
The natural enemy of TFC is the rest of the MLS. We should not cheer for our enemy. Therefore, in this case, the All-Star game, the enemy or our enemy is our friend. SUPPORT THE HAMMERS ( one game only)

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Learn it. I'm not fucking kidding.

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.
They fly so high, nearly reach the sky,
And like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere...
pretty bubbles in the air.
UNITED!
UNITED!

http://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/west_ham-chants/im-forever-blowing-bubbles/ (http://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/west_ham-chants/im-forever-blowing-bubbles/)
:hump:

flatpicker
07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't know if I can do it...
I'll consider it... but I just dunno...

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
^^ Why? You'd rather cheer for these cunts?

2008 MLS All-Star First XI

Goalkeeper: Matt Reis (New England Revolution)

Defenders: Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution)

Midfielders: David Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Cuauhtemoc Blanco (Chicago Fire), Shalrie Joseph (New England Revolution), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)

Forwards: Kenny Cooper (FC Dallas), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

flatpicker
07-10-2008, 12:50 PM
like I said... I'll think about it...

But cheering for the league in which we play seems to make sense.

Shaughno
The only valid reason I can see in not supporting the hammers in this game is if you're a Chelsea, Spurs or Millwall. Even still...

olegunnar

I can't fathom those twats getting anything but boos when they come to BMO.

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 12:51 PM
like I said... I'll think about it...

But cheering for the league in which we play seems to make sense.

Because they fuck us around with shoddy refereeing and want us to perform like Monkey's for them?

DOMIN8R
07-10-2008, 12:51 PM
This is going to be very interesting.

Boris
07-10-2008, 12:52 PM
i think mls will get thos how they asked for......maybe just not the way they wanted it :D

NateDoGG
07-10-2008, 12:53 PM
forever popping bubbles

McBrace
I'll Probably just sit Watch and hope it's entertaining with lot's of dirty tackles on both ends.

TFC hammer
Come On You Irons!!!!

Heathen
07-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Stick your allstars up your arse

ilikemusic
I dont give a fuck about West Ham but the MLS All Stars do not deserve BMO field's support.

Its like the league put the ASG here and expects TFC's fans to act like the game means something. They think they can bottle up the atmosphere and use it for their All Star Game. I guess MLS head office still doesnt realize things are a little different here. One thing matters to our fanbase. Winning. Not showing off the leauge to European clubs in friendlies.

When MLS says 'jump', dont bother with 'how high?'. Just tell em to fuck off.

Shaughno
I'll Probably just sit Watch and hope it's entertaining with lot's of dirty tackles on both ends.

Now, now we all know you secretly support the 'real' london team. ;)

trane
07-10-2008, 12:55 PM
To my it just feels right to cheer against the twats that we cheer against all summe long, they should never feel welcome in our house unless they are weiring TFC or Canadian Red. Cheering for United will just come naturally. Fuck you Hejduk, and Ladycakes you are a wanker simply comes naturally.

TO DEVILS
07-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Jay,

Next week RPB, Usector and NEE will be releasing info on the All-Star Protest....it will all be clear then.;)

Dave67
07-10-2008, 12:56 PM

No kidding, beyond TFC players I don't plan on cheering for anyone. Just going to have a few beers, sit back (yes sit) and chill out. I just can't get excited about this one.

Pachuco
07-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Blanco and Landycakes will get booos from me in the MLS. Not sure about anyone else though. Beckham surely doesn't deserve boos.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-10-2008, 12:57 PM

Defenders: Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution)

Midfielders: David Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Cuauhtemoc Blanco (Chicago Fire), Shalrie Joseph (New England Revolution), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)

shaughno makes a very good point here

McBrace
07-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Now, now we all know you secretly support the 'real' london team. ;)

How did I know you'd weigh in on that post:rolleyes:...

The only team from London is the New and IMPROVED Brazilian Squad! LOL

trane
07-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I am realy excited about the all star now, the MLS may be shocked.

olegunnar
07-10-2008, 12:59 PM
I dont give a fuck about West Ham but the MLS All Stars do not deserve BMO field's support.

Its like the league put the ASG here and expects TFC's fans to act like the game means something.

Yarp

AL-MO
07-10-2008, 01:02 PM

Its like the league put the ASG here and expects TFC's fans to act like the game means something.

Thats why I wanted to make a banner about this.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2484

flatpicker
07-10-2008, 01:05 PM
well, you guys are starting to convince me... :)

First and foremost I want to see an entertaining game.

But a little comic relief from us in the stands might be good.

I was already thinking about making a sign or banner to poke fun at the all-stars... unfortunately... it would need to be of a decent size since I am in row 25 of 111.

AL-MO
07-10-2008, 01:07 PM
well, you guys are starting to convince me... :)

First and foremost I want to see an entertaining game.

But a little comic relief from us in the stands might be good.

I was already thinking about making a sign or banner to poke fun at the all-stars... unfortunately... it would need to be of a decent size since I am in row 25 of 111.

Shaughno came up with the best idea. "Shall we sing now?" With a gigantic question mark.

werewolf
Can James90210 send us over knock-off West Ham jerseys for $5 each?

ilikemusic
Shaughno came up with the best idea. "Shall we sing now?" With a gigantic question mark.

I love it! Brilliant!

Rawkus_420
07-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Im not cheering for either, Im just going to watch team from england play...I'm neutral. It will be sweet to see an EPL team play, now if it was the gunners, Id be all for them, cause thats the other team I support

AL-MO
07-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Can James90210 send us over knock-off West Ham jerseys for $5 each?

That would be nice!

trane
07-10-2008, 01:16 PM
^ I would like to get one for the game. Imagine, how the MLS would react if BMO was a sea of Clarete and Blue. The rest of the MLS would really hate us.

Billy the kid
07-10-2008, 01:18 PM
DeRo could start due to olympic duty for some players, no? I'd like to cheer for him.

The Kingpin
07-10-2008, 01:19 PM
I think this is a fantastic idea... Learn the chants and Support West Ham!! This is an awesome idea!! Steamer MLS players during corners as well as it's not a league game so it won't affect the club!! DO IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flatpicker
07-10-2008, 01:20 PM
to the tune of "Say you, say me"

West Ham,
West Ham,
Score on the All-Stars,
Their team is a sham.

:)

I'm starting to get into this now!

timmay
07-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Jay,

Next week RPB, Usector and NEE will be releasing info on the All-Star Protest....it will all be clear then.;)

why would you protest? if your against the game then dont go, give up your tickets to people who actually wanna watch the game.

trane
07-10-2008, 01:22 PM
to the tune of "Say you, say me"

West Ham,
West Ham,
Score on the All-Stars,
Their team is a sham.

I'm starting to get into this now!

Nice.

AL-MO
07-10-2008, 01:23 PM
why would you protest? if your against the game then dont go, give up your tickets to people who actually wanna watch the game.

It has to do with some other issues the support group has...they are not protesting the game, but it is a good venue for a protest.

The Kingpin
07-10-2008, 01:25 PM

That's so sweet... :ack2:

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 01:25 PM

Timmayyyyy? Timmay TIMMMMMAAAYYYYYYYY!!!

http://www.shitsandwich.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/Timmay.jpg

What better place to hold a protest? The entire league is watching.

Mrs. Workie
07-10-2008, 01:29 PM

How about

"The Circus is that way ---->"

Damien
Would anyone boo me if i wore a hammers kit to the game?

noochie
Can't bring myself to sing the songs of another London team... even one as insignificant as West Ham... ;)

AL-MO
07-10-2008, 01:31 PM

Judging by this thread I don't think it will be a problem at all.

blackandwhite
07-10-2008, 01:32 PM
when is this game?

werewolf
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
2 weeks from today...WAKE UP!

noochie
07-10-2008, 01:34 PM

You won't get booed... you will get sympathy. :D

mlsintoronto
07-10-2008, 01:34 PM
For the record, mlsintoronto is not a very happy camper either. I may have hurt my career with the veracity of my position...on the plus side there are 7 more slots to be announced so you'll all be able to cheer for the hammers and...someone!

noochie
07-10-2008, 01:35 PM
For the record, mlsintoronto is not a very happy camper either. I may have hurt my career with the veracity of my position...on the plus side there are 7 more slots to be announced so you'll all be able to cheer for the hammers and...someone!

If you need a posse... I am in. The voting/selection process is shameful Paul, just shameful... so I am with you.

blackandwhite
07-10-2008, 01:35 PM
2 weeks from today...WAKE UP!

2 mid-week games at night?? how can i afford flares for both???

werewolf
07-10-2008, 01:37 PM

position on which issue, the EPL team, the MLS jerseys, or the player selection?

Bobo
07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
By supporting TFC we ARE supporting the MLS. I think this anti-MLS sentiment is pretty stupid. I don't really care who wins, but I'm not going to go against the MLS, a team that TFC represents anyway.

The biggest mistake we can make is embarrass the league for more reasons than one.

Damien
07-10-2008, 01:39 PM
MLSINTORONTO: Why don't we have the MLS All-Stars vs TFC since they didn't select any of our players?

The Kingpin
07-10-2008, 01:40 PM
position on which issue, the EPL team, the MLS jerseys, or the player selection?

Or that Don Garber is destroying the league...

AL-MO
07-10-2008, 01:41 PM
By supporting TFC we ARE supporting the MLS. I think this anti-MLS sentiment is pretty stupid. I don't really care who wins, but I'm not going to go against the MLS, a team that TFC represents anyway.

The biggest mistake we can make is embarrass the league for more reasons than one.

All the players on the All Star team are the same pricks we chant against every week. Do you really want to cheer for Landon Donovan or Blanco?

flatpicker
07-10-2008, 01:42 PM

oh enough with the "Garber is destroying the league" stuff...

He has done well to build this thing to where it is now...

I'll admit though, some new blood may be in order to take it to the next level.

mlsintoronto
07-10-2008, 01:43 PM

why player selection of course! Turns out Toronto is the host city (!)

But then I look at who else was overlooked and I dont feel so bad. The league has a lot of good players - so I guess this is a good problem?

ilikemusic
07-10-2008, 01:43 PM

I hope it wasnt player selection. Anybody who cares about the team should know that this game means nothing and theres not point to having any of our players on this team. They should all be winded and needing nothing but recovery after the Montreal game.

Kickit09
07-10-2008, 01:44 PM
too bad we cant loan a couple players to west ham just for the all-star game

Mikey
07-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Better have the police get extra pepper spray for blanco in case he attacks the officials like at the DC game.
Now thats a great endorsement for NLS. "We know what he did, but we still want him on the all stars team...."

Games a joke. We should make arrangements to keep the tailgate running and just come in and out occasionally.

flatpicker
07-10-2008, 01:46 PM
too bad we cant loan a couple players to west ham just for the all-star game

now that would be funny!!!!

mlsintoronto... get on that!!!

AL-MO
07-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Better have the police get extra pepper spray for blanco in case he attacks the officials like at the DC game.
Now thats a great endorsement for NLS. "We know what he did, but we still want him on the all stars team...."

Games a joke. We should make arrangements to keep the tailgate running and just come in and out occasionally.

What a bunch of crap. If you tried to do what he did in your local rec league you'd be suspended for years.

Raging Reggie
07-10-2008, 01:49 PM
I will support the hammers for a day for sure. I think its a fantastic idea and would be a riot haha.....constant boos and then an occasional cheer when a TFC player gets the ball haha

The Kingpin
07-10-2008, 01:50 PM
oh enough with the "Garber is destroying the league" stuff...

He has done well to build this thing to where it is now...

I'll admit though, some new blood may be in order to take it to the next level.

If I had the time I would break it down for you... Can you tell if someone can paint? I can see a poor marketer from a mile away... And he is a bungling fool in this department.

noochie
07-10-2008, 01:50 PM
What a bunch of crap. If you tried to do what he did in your local rec league you'd be suspended for years.

I heard he grabbed Garber by the balls and wouldn't stop twisting until he got a roster spot in the starting XI.

The Kingpin
07-10-2008, 01:51 PM
why player selection of course! Turns out Toronto is the host city (!)

But then I look at who else was overlooked and I dont feel so bad. The league has a lot of good players - so I guess this is a good problem?

That must be it... :stogey: <--- This is reefer by the way....

jabbronies
07-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Blanco and Landycakes will get booos from me in the MLS. Not sure about anyone else though. Beckham surely doesn't deserve boos.

I'll boo everyone on the field, but i won't boo beckham.

noochie
07-10-2008, 01:53 PM
That must be it... :stogey: <--- This is reefer by the way....

I think he meant good by league standards... someone has to be better than someone else given the same playing field.

stretchthetruth
07-10-2008, 01:57 PM
I will support the hammers for a day for sure. I think its a fantastic idea and would be a riot haha.....constant boos and then an occasional cheer when a TFC player gets the ball haha

"HAMMERS FOR A DAY" could be a good banner as well...

The Kingpin
07-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I think he meant good by league standards... someone has to be better than someone else given the same playing field.

Who decides this, that is my question? Nobody knows... Nobody. It's farcical how this league is run. Many accept it as they have no choice, but it you look at it objectively you'll see the consistent blunders. What ever happened to the Columbus supporter who projected a racial slur? Oh right!! He banned streamers as this leads to racism... Or something like that.

Oldtimer
07-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Personally, I'll just sit and golf-clap good plays.

Raging Reggie
07-10-2008, 02:04 PM
"HAMMERS FOR A DAY" could be a good banner as well...

yea i like that! thanks for thinking of that for me! that would be a great banner!

Mikey
07-10-2008, 02:05 PM
the fact that the allstar selection made no reference to the overwhelming voting by the fans makes for a good chant.

If you didn't vote for these guys, clap your hands.
If you didn't vote for these guys clap your hands.
If you didn't vote for these guys,
didn't vote for these guys,
If you didn't vote for these guys, clap your hands!!

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 02:06 PM
yea i like that! thanks for thinking of that for me! that would be a great banner!

Just thought of another one...

WE ALL LAUGH AT THE MLS ALL STAR GAME

toonarmy
07-10-2008, 02:07 PM
I would never cheer for another EPL team other than Newcastle. I also would never cheer for a team with Landon Donavon on it.

So, I'm just going to drink beer and hopefully see some good football. I'm not supporting anyone except our players (if they get on the team!)

Soods
07-10-2008, 02:07 PM
So why did we have All Star voting?

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 02:08 PM
So why did we have All Star voting?
To make it seem like less of a sham.

Jimmy The Saint
07-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Sit back, relax and enjoy some quality, friendly footy against a decent EPL team and some of the best MLS players around.

Boo Landycakes - he knows we don't like him. Toss streamers a Becks, if he even plays/takes a corner. (Pink ones)

MLS is the only "soccer" league in the world that has an all-star game; which is a North American tradition.

Personally I think we should be showing some class. Last thing this city, or the Reds need is to show the world is what a bunch of whiners Toronto FC fans are.

If any of our guys start, or gets subbed in, we should go absolutely freaking nuts. But other than that, grab a scotch egg a 28 oz'er and relax! Enjoy football at it's finest on this side of the pond.

(Besides, asking me to root for a United team that doesn't have the word Manchester in front of it, would be difficult at best.)

noochie
07-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Who decides this, that is my question? Nobody knows... Nobody. It's farcical how this league is run. Many accept it as they have no choice, but it you look at it objectively you'll see the consistent blunders. What ever happened to the Columbus supporter who projected a racial slur? Oh right!! He banned streamers as this leads to racism... Or something like that.

I agree with you on the league view. They have a ways to go. I personally think that they can benefit by bringing in some senior people from other successful leagues worldwide to help with the promotion... and we all know that the rules need a major overahaul.

Hopefully the catalyst for this will be the CBA negotiations coming up after the end of this season and into next year. The players are holding a lot of the cards given the rise in the leagues popularity coupled with the inept front office.

noochie
07-10-2008, 02:11 PM
To make it seem like less of a sham.

To see how efficient script writers have become? :noidea:

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 02:12 PM
^^ all of the above??

Rudi
07-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Wow. Just wow.

He stepped in to a league which in 1999 had virtually one foot in the grave, three owners for 12 teams, one soccer specific stadium, annual cash calls to cover the league gigantic expenses, and the league was playing by bastardized rules to "Americanize" the game.

Since then seven SSS' have been/are being built, rules have been standardized to FIFA regulations, there is one ownership group per team, expansion fees have skyrocketed to $40 million each, attendance is at its highest since the first year (when the league was a novelty), the league is collecting national TV revenue, huge multi-national corporations have come aboard, etc.

You're right, what a failure Garber has been.

Steve
07-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Sit back, relax and enjoy some quality, friendly footy against a decent EPL team and some of the best MLS players around.

Boo Landycakes - he knows we don't like him. Toss streamers a Becks, if he even plays/takes a corner. (Pink ones)

MLS is the only "soccer" league in the world that has an all-star game; which is a North American tradition.

Personally I think we should be showing some class. Last thing this city, or the Reds need is to show the world is what a bunch of whiners Toronto FC fans are.

If any of our guys start, or gets subbed in, we should go absolutely freaking nuts. But other than that, grab a scotch egg a 28 oz'er and relax! Enjoy football at it's finest on this side of the pond.

(Besides, asking me to root for a United team that doesn't have the word Manchester in front of it, would be difficult at best.)

I agree with this. Who cares. Though I would just sit down in the south end (what's there to stand for?). Maybe even make up a double sided two stick with just "Applause" on it, and when someone at the front of the section holds it up, everyone can go crazy, when he puts it down, sit back down.

KShep121
07-10-2008, 02:14 PM

Do you happen to know who that someone is, Paul?

Kickit09
07-10-2008, 02:16 PM
the point of all-star voting was to make us all spend 2 minutes on a website filled with pepsi adds

McBrace
07-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow. Just wow.

He stepped in to a league which in 1999 had virtually one foot in the grave, three owners for 12 teams, one soccer specific stadium, annual cash calls to cover the league gigantic expenses, and the league was playing by bastardized rules to "Americanize" the game.

Since then seven SSS' have been/are being built, rules have been standardized to FIFA regulations, there is one ownership group per team, expansion fees have skyrocketed to $40 million each, attendance is at its highest since the first year (when the league was a novelty), the league is collecting national TV revenue, huge multi-national corporations have come aboard, etc.

You're right, what a failure Garber has been.

Yeah I would agree with Rudi, he's done a good job, but maybe a time to get some fresh new ideas in there.:noidea:

McBrace
07-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Do you happen to know who that someone is, Paul?

Welsh;)

Rudi
07-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah I would agree with Rudi, he's done a good job, but maybe a time to get some fresh new ideas in there.:noidea:
Sure, fresh ideas are always a good thing, but to make a blanket statement like "Don Garber is destroying the league" shows an incredible level of ignorance of the truth.

H Bomb
07-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I know I'm getting into this one kinda late but my say is that we don't support the Hammers but support whichever TFC player makes the reserve bench. I want to show that we support our players, and will support them all the time. I know it's not really a big deal but I'd be happy to see some sort of "Fuck everybody on the pitch right now" kind of chant going at the start of the game. Sorry bluenose!

Razor
07-10-2008, 02:20 PM
:incazzato:

i'm going to cheer for West Ham - fuck the MLS allstars.

noochie
07-10-2008, 02:22 PM
All this West Ham adoption is really cute... they really are the cuddly teddy bears of the EPL aren't they.

blackandwhite
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Sure, fresh ideas are always a good thing, but to make a blanket statement like "Don Garber is destroying the league" shows an incredible level of ignorance of the truth.

Don Garber doesn't care about Canadian people!

H Bomb
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Not that it really bothers me but I just don't understand the attitude that I must cheer for any team. I don't like the Hammers, or the rest of MLS. So I aint cheering for either!

Bluenose13
07-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Not that it really bothers me but I just don't understand the attitude that I must cheer for any team. I don't like the Hammers, or the rest of MLS. So I aint cheering for either!That hurts :(

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Not that it really bothers me but I just don't understand the attitude that I must cheer for any team. I don't like the Hammers, or the rest of MLS. So I aint cheering for either!

That's fine. I just don't understand cheering for a bunch of players that we hate week in, week out. Plus, if it's going to piss off the MLS hell yeah I'm gonna cheer for West Ham. What a joke it would be to have a huge chunk of the stadium singing Forever Blowing Bubbles.

H Bomb
07-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Hey I like Matt Upson

I thought the dislike of all non locals was a point of pride in south london!!:D

H Bomb
07-10-2008, 02:30 PM
I would like to see Forever Blowing Bubbles going on. A Because its one of the funnier/better anthems around and B: it'd show our competence as a group of people cooperating which is something we have more than all but 1 other MLS side

Heathen
07-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey I like Matt Upson

I thought the dislike of all non locals was a point of pride in south london!!:D

West Ham is East London Matt, call them South Londoners and you'll be in trouble that's Millwall territory

Dave67
07-10-2008, 02:44 PM
That's fine. I just don't understand cheering for a bunch of players that we hate week in, week out. Plus, if it's going to piss off the MLS hell yeah I'm gonna cheer for West Ham. What a joke it would be to have a huge chunk of the stadium singing Forever Blowing Bubbles.

I know this goes against every ounce of your moral fibre.... you could just chill out sit back and watch and .... I'm just saying.... not cheer.

(Runs for door)

Fort York Redcoat
07-10-2008, 02:44 PM
The fans leaguewide that watch will have great expectations of this B M O crowd they've heard about. I hope you guys sing yer hearts out.

What would they expect? MLS chants?

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 02:46 PM
I know this goes against every ounce of your moral fibre.... you could just chill out sit back and watch and .... I'm just saying.... not cheer.

(Runs for door)

I could, but then again I can do that from home.

Why not make a mockery of this joke game and show them what we think of it?

Dave67
07-10-2008, 02:47 PM
I could, but then again I can do that from home.

Why not make a mockery of this joke game and show them what we think of it?

I just can't get excited about this thing on either side. If my wife was not so interested in finally (maybe) seeing Becks I would be at home. I wouldn't be watching this though.

trane
07-10-2008, 02:48 PM

You and me are on the same page on this one, many are going to join us in singing Forever Blowing Bubbles. It will be a big one finger salute to all our MLS rivals.

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 02:48 PM
You and me are on the same page on this one, many are going to join us in singing Forever Blowing Bubbles. It will be a big one finger salute to all our MLS rivals.
Exactly.

WE ALL LAUGH AT THE MLS ALL STAR GAME!!

OneLoveOneEric
07-10-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm dying to see WHU leather the "all-stars" at the BMO. Finally we can stop hearing this shit about how the best of MLS could compete in Europe.
I'm also stoked to finally see Becks for the first time in about a decade. I'll admit it :)

H Bomb
07-10-2008, 02:49 PM
West Ham is East London Matt, call them South Londoners and you'll be in trouble that's Millwall territory
:idea:Thank you! See, who says RPB's don't have each others backs!

I guess I spelled it wrong too, Sowff London is the correct way right?

Heathen
07-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Exactly.

nice banner but what about...

WE'RE ONLY HERE BECAUSE IT WAS PART OF OUR SEASON TICKET PACKAGE

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 02:50 PM
^^ I am as well, he's still a great player regardless of who he plays for/with. Loved watching him play for us. Also would love to see WHU 'hammer' the AllStars. :p

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 02:51 PM
nice banner but what about...

WE'RE ONLY HERE BECAUSE IT WAS PART OF OUR SEASON TICKET PACKAGE

We're only here so you don't make more money off this game. :noidea:

Heathen
07-10-2008, 02:51 PM
:idea:Thank you! See, who says RPB's don't have each others backs!

I guess I spelled it wrong too, Sowff London is the correct way right?

Saaarfff Laaandan

werewolf
07-10-2008, 02:56 PM
mCRtoBidYKU

TFC07
07-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Let's Go West Ham, f*** MLS! :D

Heathen
07-10-2008, 02:59 PM
We're only here so you don't make more money off this game. :noidea:

Can we join the EPL :smilielol5:

noochie
07-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I got special gloves made that won't make my hands swell up from sitting on them all game.

TicTacTabarnack
07-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Exactly.

If there's not a single TFC player ... This will be a good cheer à la "we all laugh at the yellow soccer team ... the yellow soccer team ... the yellow soccer team!" that we sign when the KKKrew come to town.

WE ALL LAUGH AT THE MLS ALL STAR TEAM ... THE MLS ALL STAR TEAM ... THE MLS ALL STAR TEAM!

ExiledRed
07-10-2008, 03:34 PM
It makes me cry we didnt get Liverpool,

The idea of BMO putting her support behind my home team, in absence of any TFC players just electrifies me.

Saying that, it's West Ham, but good enough.

This is an opportunity for Toronto fans to reach out and distinguish themselves from the rest of the MLS candy corn shit. Can you imagine how much interest will be generated in TFC, back in the british press, if all of TFC's fans got behind West Ham
and made BMO like a home game for them, and the MLS team the visitors?

Things like this make people back home want to watch us during the long summer months between seasons.

I despise MLS officiating, all star snobbery, goal of the week fudging, salary capping, favouritism, backslapping over TFC's success, player pawning, their treatment of our coach, nobbly scheduling and cockteasing over which teams get to join.

MLS needs to straighten up, lets show em.

I was planning on not coming, but now I want to borrow a west ham shirt.

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 03:36 PM

The idea of BMO putting her support behind my home team, in absence of any TFC players just electrifies me.

This is an opportunity for Toronto fans to reach out and distinguish themselves from the rest of the MLS candy corn shit. Can you imagine how much interest will be generated in TFC, back in the british press, if all of TFC's fans got behind West Ham

Things like this make people back home want to watch us during the long summer months between seasons.

I despise MLS officiating, all star snobbery, goal of the week fudging, salary capping, favouritism, backslapping over TFC's success, player pawning, their treatment of our coach, nobbly scheduling and cockteasing over which teams get to join.

Mate, I hear you. Beyond frustrating.

noochie
07-10-2008, 03:45 PM
OK, I'm in... WHUFC fan for the day.

gUIrJQoIZvg

^^ Anyone else see the shout out to "Grassmaster" in this one :)

The Kingpin
07-10-2008, 03:48 PM

VIP = Very Important Post

Technorgasm
07-10-2008, 03:52 PM

best

ever

ExiledRed
07-10-2008, 03:52 PM
This conflicts with the ridiculous silent protest.

whats up?

noochie
07-10-2008, 03:53 PM
This one is actually a lot better:

Q-a69_Hm3gI

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I still want to sing for West Ham and make a mockery of this game. End of.

I support the protest and it's a good venue for it, but IMO the black jerseys will kill the main idea behind it. I'm actively looking for a claret and blue...

werewolf
07-10-2008, 03:55 PM
The press release says "limited chanting and cheering", the limited chanting can be forever blowing bubbles and the limited cheering can be when West Ham scores.

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Exactly.

Heathen
07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
There was always going to be limited chanting and cheering at an All-Star game, think a TFC game (one of the friendlys) would've been better. Still I understand you're trying to get media exposure.

noochie
07-10-2008, 03:58 PM
How about a couple of these at 6 pound each?

http://www.megastore.whufc.com/stores/westham/products/product_details.aspx?pid=37236&cid=5619&tid=&bid=0&nav=

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Will they ship in 2 weeks??

noochie
07-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Will they ship in 2 weeks??

Good question... lemme check.

noochie
07-10-2008, 04:01 PM
3-10 business days so it would be cutting it close. There is a 4 day option though... not sure how much extra yet.

camcamy
07-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Umm... no way i dont cheer for MLS!

noochie
07-10-2008, 04:05 PM
3-5 bus. days for £11.50

Hooligan69
07-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Support West Ham? Um, no thanks.

toonarmy
07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tr8zjMM-Khg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tr8zjMM-Khg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Support West Ham? Um, no thanks.

Support a bunch of players you consider cunts every other week? No thanks.

Hooligan69
07-10-2008, 05:21 PM

Sit at home and not attend a worthless and pitiful excuse for an all-star game? Support neither side and just enjoy the game at BMO?

Kickit09
07-10-2008, 05:21 PM
i dont like west ham and im not cheering on the MLS wankers, looks like im booing both teams :noidea:

alexintoronto
07-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Don Garber doesn't care about Canadian people!

http://www.stephentaylor.ca/archives/Mike-Myers-wtf.jpg

Don Julio
07-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Personally I'm excited to have an excuse (flimsy as it is) to sing "Forever Blowing Bubbles" without feeling like a traitor. Best football song around.

Torcida
07-10-2008, 05:49 PM
How did Edu get more votes (combined) than Guevara and all other TFC players in that matter?

werewolf
07-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Rookie of the Year, capped by the US.

BigLou
07-10-2008, 05:54 PM
the fact that the allstar selection made no reference to the overwhelming voting by the fans makes for a good chant.

If you didn't vote for these guys, clap your hands.
If you didn't vote for these guys clap your hands.
If you didn't vote for these guys,
didn't vote for these guys,
If you didn't vote for these guys, clap your hands!!

By far the best chant for this game!!!!

FluSH
07-10-2008, 05:56 PM
My thoughts on this thread went from:

This is ^&#*#^ RIDICOLOUS

to

THis is *(#_(*&# ! INGENIOUS

BigLou
07-10-2008, 05:57 PM

Im agreeing with this. You expect me to cheer landycunt and blank-o and these other losers. Forget that.

If you didnt vote for these guys clap your hands!! :hurray:

trane
07-10-2008, 05:58 PM

One this one we are on the same page. UNITED-UNITED-UNITED

BigLou
07-10-2008, 06:04 PM
One this one we are on the same page. UNITED-UNITED-UNITED

U-NI-TED BOU-MAY-E

trane
07-10-2008, 06:12 PM
This one is actually a lot better:

Q-a69_Hm3gI

I hope that the majorty of the supporter follow us and make this a WHU home game, it would be trulla awesome. MLS fuck you-THIS IS OUR HOUSE - YOU CUNTS.

Hooligan69
07-10-2008, 06:13 PM
I think Exiled's post quoted above has convinced me to cheer for West Ham.

trane
07-10-2008, 06:17 PM
^ I will buy you a pint or two.

AL-MO
07-10-2008, 07:01 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tr8zjMM-Khg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tr8zjMM-Khg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This video was very difficult to get through...:noidea:

Draracle
07-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Great idea, the league would be stunned. fuck'em. All cept Edu. We need a "we hate you all, except Edu, we still love you... and we are sooo sorry" cheer

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-10-2008, 07:07 PM
dunno why anyone would support against MLS....this is our league.....have pride in our league.......Cheering for anyone else ohter then our league...just makes our league look like a joke!.....

I hope MLS ......fooooking Destroys the hammers! and they WILL!

Draracle
07-10-2008, 07:29 PM
dunno why anyone would support against MLS....this is our league.....have pride in our league.......Cheering for anyone else ohter then our league...just makes our league look like a joke!.....

I hope MLS ......fooooking Destroys the hammers! and they WILL!

I can see that argument. Still, fan voting was an obvious joke. And the team is full of wankers...

kdzb
07-10-2008, 07:34 PM
It's just pretty stupid not to include any player in the starting 11 from the hometown team. That's just prove that MLS don't give a fuck about TFC and the best fans in it's league and they expect us to cheer and jump all game supporting these CUNTS?
I'm going to wear my newcastle jersey and if the West Ham one (the $5 one) is ready by then, I will buy and wear that one. And I'll cheer for West Ham.
We have to show these assholes that this is really OUR HOUSE and we mean it.

trane
07-10-2008, 07:46 PM
^That is the point. RPB RED NATION TFC is ou club, BMO is our house, the rest of the MLS have proven to be our enemies. FUCK THEM. As far as I see it supporting West Ham will be like supporting TFC on that night. SUpportin the MLS Wanker will be like supporting the Chicago Fire or the NY Red SHite, you want to do that go ahead. I will never support them.

trane
07-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I will never sit at BMO and cheer for Hajduk, Ladyfucks, or any other wanker that plays in the MLS and does not play in TFC red.

Fortune's always hiding,
UNITED!
UNITED!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-10-2008, 07:55 PM
IF anything....TFC supporters should protest the game out right..for bringing in Westham....as the Allstar opponent!!..I can guarentee next year in RSL......it will be a TOP CLUB ...reports are already suggesting it will be REAL MADRID!!!

Best thing to do is SHOW up.....SING TO MLS...you can stick your foooookin westham up your ass!!!

Then leave the stadium!!!..and let them showcase in front of an empty stadium...;)

trane
07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
I had enough of the MLS I do not want anything from them, all I want is that any MLS team over then TFC know that it is not welcome in our house.

I WILL SING

Fortune's always hiding,
UNITED!
UNITED!

LucaGol
07-10-2008, 08:03 PM
I say we just whistle and boo the entire game....make it really awkward for the MLS all-stars..awkward for West Ham...and awkward for anyone watching.

Then when we get tired of that...we'll just break out the TFC repertoire...just being totally oblivious to the on field events.

Or just pull on NEE and sing and chant with our backs to the game for the first 10 minutes or so.

That'd mess with them.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-10-2008, 08:06 PM
I say we just whistle and boo the entire game....make it really awkward for the MLS all-stars..awkward for West Ham...and awkward for anyone watching.

Then when we get tired of that...we'll just break out the TFC repertoire...just being totally oblivious to the on field events.

Or just pull on NEE and sing and chant with our backs to the game for the first 10 minutes or so.

That'd mess with them.

nice:hump:

adampz
07-10-2008, 08:10 PM
is everybody still wearing black to the game?

wisnae me
07-10-2008, 08:19 PM
I will never sit at BMO and cheer for Hajduk, Ladyfucks, or any other wanker that plays in the MLS and does not play in TFC red.

Doesn’t get any simpler than that.
MLS All-Wank team can get to fuck

rocker
07-10-2008, 08:21 PM
i wanna hear a MAR-CO VE-LEZ chant.... and the Dichio song.. hahahha

Jimmy The Saint
07-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Sent a message to sporting Kicks in the UK to see if maybe they give us a break on gear if we buy a good # of West Ham Pieces

Oh, and thanks Exile for the rousing post. It has swayed me from indefferent to rebellious.

Jimmy The Saint
07-10-2008, 08:48 PM
To continue our protest in Black (Small only?)
http://www.megastore.whufc.com/stores/westham/products/product_details.aspx?pid=42941&cid=7517&tid=0

Or:
http://www.megastore.whufc.com/stores/westham/products/product_details.aspx?pid=50089&cid=7517&tid=&bid=0&nav=

Red CB Toronto
07-10-2008, 08:49 PM
The homeside that night included Becks, Ladycakes and the rest of the All-Stars, they will get my support even if it is just for one night, we need chants for Becks etc.

flatpicker
07-10-2008, 08:50 PM

this is what I want to see...
loud support for West Ham!
I have been converted!

Red CB Toronto
07-10-2008, 08:50 PM
We should all go to the game in beckham jersey's

flatpicker
07-10-2008, 08:51 PM
We should all go to the game in beckham jersey's

ok... let's not get crazy now...

werewolf
07-10-2008, 08:53 PM
we need chants for Becks etc.

We have chants for him.

"Who the fuck is Beckham?"
"You can stick your David Beckham up your ass?"
the one about Posh and Dichio.

Red CB Toronto
The MLS is our team, our league and we should support them, it is in our best interest to see the MLS All-Stars win for the good of the game in North America.

Jimmy The Saint
Sent an email to WHUFC too... let's see if we can't get some kind of swag from across the pond...who's in if we get some kind of reply?

werewolf
07-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Sent an email to WHUFC too... let's see if we can't get some kind of swag from across the pond...who's in if we get some kind of reply?

I got dibs!

flatpicker
07-10-2008, 08:54 PM
I think my brain is gonna explode!

Jimmy The Saint
07-10-2008, 08:58 PM
I think my brain is gonna explode!

Look like it is in that photo...

....8£ a shirt + shipping is alot of cheese; but if they give us break, and there are enough of us grabbing...

'Nuff Said (Excelsior!)

forza_tfc
07-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Guys, I will laugh my ass off if I hear you cheering West Ham and booing the all-stars. It would be on par with cheering Hulk Hogan and booing The Rock last time Wrestlemania was in town. Fuck that was funny.

noochie
07-10-2008, 09:05 PM

I am in dude. I was looking at the 3' x 5' WHUFC flags off of their website. They are £6 each with shipping in 3-5 bus days for £11.50. Get 1 per as many Hammers fans are on this board and they can buy them after the match.

Roogsy
07-10-2008, 09:09 PM

I can't believe I agree with Shag-no.

Somebody shoot me please.

How about we make West Ham feel like they are the home team just to stuff it to MLS for not putting a hometown boy on the starting XI. Idiots. And then they ask us to bring our atmosphere? Who are they kidding?

Jimmy The Saint
07-10-2008, 09:12 PM
I am in dude. I was looking at the 3' x 5' WHUFC flags off of their website. They are £6 each with shipping in 3-5 bus days for £11.50. Get 1 per as many Hammers fans are on this board and they can buy them after the match.

Wish I could afford to do that :noidea: - we'llhave to open an account somewhere and pool resources to get this done.

noochie
07-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Wish I could afford to do that :noidea: - we'llhave to open an account somewhere and pool resources to get this done.

I am sure if there is enough interest we can pull it together. The clock is ticking though obviously.

tfc88
07-10-2008, 09:15 PM
fucking hell let's boo'em both, make nasty chants for both and sing Toronto til I DIE!!!!!

OneLoveOneEric
07-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Jeez, this is getting ridiculous. Always so much hoopla on the boards about things like this, and a the end of the day it's just a bunch of whacking off, and you don't even notice the difference at the ground. And I sit at the front of 114. I remember all the back and forth before some "balloon tifo" -- everyone went nuts -- "should we?" "shouldn't we?". I think I saw 6 balloons at the game.

LucaGol
07-10-2008, 09:35 PM
On a side note....love or hate the MLS all-stars...I seriously think that West Ham is going to get embarrassed.

I mean...Boa Morte, Ljungberg, Ashton, Cole???.....I think that MLS can really spank these jokers.

OneLoveOneEric
07-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Freddie Ljungberg has more talent in his left nut than anyone on the All Star team. And i hate the cunt.

TFC07
07-10-2008, 09:46 PM
The MLS is our team, our league and we should support them, it is in our best interest to see the MLS All-Stars win for the good of the game in North America.

Then in that case, it should be MLS best interest add some TFC players to their squad if they want us to cheer for them if they really care about us, which they really don't.

TFC07
07-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Guys, I will laugh my ass off if I hear you cheering West Ham and booing the all-stars. It would be on par with cheering Hulk Hogan and booing The Rock last time Wrestlemania was in town. Fuck that was funny.

Word. I just hope everybody (not just supporter groups) cheer for West Ham instead MLS all-star team

LucaGol
07-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Freddie Ljungberg has more talent in his left nut than anyone on the All Star team. And i hate the cunt.

Um ya....used to buddy.

You been watching too many Arsenal circa year 2003 highlights?

James Oliphant
07-11-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm down for supporting West Ham (there's only one United though) in this on one condition....

We still sing for Dichio at 23:13.

Shaughno
07-11-2008, 07:10 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/WEST-HAM-UNITED-REEBOK-FOOTBALL-SOCCER-SHIRT-TOP-XL_W0QQitemZ350077927738QQihZ022QQcategoryZ106527Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For anyone interested. ;)

Oblio2
07-11-2008, 07:16 AM
As a die hard Yid.....(Spurs fan for those not in the know)...I cannot stoop to cheer for West Ham. With that said, I cannot cheer for those scumbags on the All Star Team.
therefore, I will be cheering for Security and the Beer girl.
:hump:

CretanBull
07-11-2008, 07:44 AM
I mean...Boa Morte, Ljungberg, Ashton, Cole???.....I think that MLS can really spank these jokers.

Only because the MLS Allstars are in mid-season form and West Ham haven't played together in months...if the game were played when both sides were in form West Ham would stomp the Allstars.

OneLoveOneEric
07-11-2008, 08:12 AM
^^ Also bear in mind the fact that this game is totally meaningless to WHU.

jabbronies
07-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Again, how fair is it to compare a league team (West ham) to an All Star Team? how does that promote the legitimicy of this league??

Now if the MLS All Stars played...oh the Mexican All Stars, then that would promote the legitimicy of the league IMO. All Starts vs. All Stars.

This game is a farce made up by the MLS. They want us to cheer for this BS?? no thanks.

trane
07-11-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm down for supporting West Ham (there's only one United though) in this on one condition....

We still sing for Dichio at 23:13.

Off course, it is our House, and at the 23:13 the Dichio song mut be song.

trane
07-11-2008, 09:56 AM
On a side note....love or hate the MLS all-stars...I seriously think that West Ham is going to get embarrassed.

Please if we had those players we would win the MLS in a breeze every year. This league will never improve if it does not stop believing its own press. These All-Star games contribute to this they get out of form teams who will play many second and third string players, and then proclaim the strengh of the MLS because they beat them. Fuck that. WHU would beat the All-Stars every time if they were in season form. I pray that it happens this time around.

CanadaLFC
07-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Well i think Im going to wear a black shirt, but I have a scarf that the Villa supporters left me last year. It doesn't say Aston Villa or anything and is only claret and blue. Im going to bring that !!

flatpicker
07-11-2008, 11:21 AM
what I want to know is:
Who is Paul, and why is he sending me an insulting pm about how we suck and West Ham are great?

Bluenose13
07-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Please if we had those players we would win the MLS in a breeze every year. This league will never improve if it does not stop believing its own press. These All-Star games contribute to this they get out of form teams who will play many second and third string players, and then proclaim the strengh of the MLS because they beat them. Fuck that. WHU would beat the All-Stars every time if they were in season form. I pray that it happens this time around.QFT^ & the same could be said of any premiership team.

ExiledRed
07-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Is this a go, or is everyone going to be depressing, and sit down in black t-shirts?

Im not wasting my money on the latter, so if someone can clarify that were going to be coming out in force for the hammers, I would appreciate it.

trane
07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
what I want to know is:
Who is Paul, and why is he sending me an insulting pm about how we suck and West Ham are great?

What ?

werewolf
07-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Is this a go, or is everyone going to be depressing, and sit down in black t-shirts?

Im not wasting my money on the latter, so if someone can clarify that were going to be coming out in force for the hammers, I would appreciate it.

I am coming out in full force for the Hammers, which won't be nearly as much as a TFC game, so the protest still won't be too effected. But the problem is, not everyone reads the boards.

koryo
07-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm not going to lie to you, I've been on the fence on this one for awhile, but getting behind West Ham, sticking it to the MLS (especially in light of them expecting us to 'bring it' - useless cunts) seems the way to go out of spite if nothing else.

Yes, I am a petty, petty man.

Fuck the MLS. Fuck them up their bush-league backsides.

Edit: ^^ figuratively speaking. The point is that I'm galled that they think we're going to make noise for them on command. That, and they refuse to properly train their officials.

I'm for (one night) blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air,
Then like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,

jloome
07-11-2008, 01:25 PM

Fuck, call me a childish prick, but I absolutely have been waiting for someone to sum it up that way. That's it, that's the catch-all description of what it means to understand what the fuck is wrong with this league; personally, I'd place putting more value in the outcome of the playoffs over the outcome of the league there as well; and football lines; and fucking know-it all Americans who think that because they were Tampa Bay Mutiny fans in 1996 they get to lecture me about a game I've been following for 37 of my 38 years.

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!

Go Hammers, except when a TFC player touches the ball.

RPBcalgaryvarsity
07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm so sick of all this "one-day" West Ham support. If you're a West Ham supporter, then great- support your team. But for the rest of us, be appreciative that we even have this franchise in Toronto. MLS doesn't owe us anything. Why bash MLS? Enjoy the game and have a few brews. MLS isn't "using" TFC supporters or "pimping them out" to look good. And if the league wants to look good on the world stage and show the world that TFC fans are the best, what's wrong with that? What's the point of booing MLS? I don't get it. Imagine how stupid Toronto will look to the rest of the world when they see that we can't even support our own league. How disfunctional is that? I'm sure the people in Montreal and Vancouver who wish they could be a part of this league wouldn't be thinking like this. It makes Toronto fans look like a bunch of whiners and stuck-up, TFC/Euro snobs. Can you cheer for team Canada hockey if players you hate are still on the team? If you guys are true MLS supporters and want to see the growth of soccer/football/futbol in Canada and the US, then support MLS.

Kickit09
07-11-2008, 04:41 PM
i sure wont be supporting west ham. if anything i'll be booing both teams, unless a TFC player comes on. and even than i'll still be booing the rest of the MLS wank-stars. only TFC player get my cheers.

Damien
07-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm supporting the hammers.

smeghead
07-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I didnt buy tickets. So im good. :P

TFC07
07-11-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm so sick of all this "one-day" West Ham support. If you're a West Ham supporter, then great- support your team. But for the rest of us, be appreciative that we even have this franchise in Toronto. MLS doesn't owe us anything. Why bash MLS? Enjoy the game and have a few brews. MLS isn't "using" TFC supporters or "pimping them out" to look good. And if the league wants to look good on the world stage and show the world that TFC fans are the best, what's wrong with that? What's the point of booing MLS? I don't get it. Imagine how stupid Toronto will look to the rest of the world when they see that we can't even support our own league. How disfunctional is that? I'm sure the people in Montreal and Vancouver who wish they could be a part of this league wouldn't be thinking like this. It makes Toronto fans look like a bunch of whiners and stuck-up, TFC/Euro snobs. Can you cheer for team Canada hockey if players you hate are still on the team? If you guys are true MLS supporters and want to see the growth of soccer/football/futbol in Canada and the US, then support MLS.

I highly doubt the rest of the world cares about this match. It is only American soccer fans and some British folks that will be following this game.

As for Montreal, they should have paid the expansion fees if they really wanted a MLS club in the past. But they didn't!

As for Vancouver, they still haven't built a stadium and I don't think they'll have SSS anytime soon.

Toronto got into the league because MLSE. So credit goes to them.

TFC07
07-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Fuck, call me a childish prick, but I absolutely have been waiting for someone to sum it up that way. That's it, that's the catch-all description of what it means to understand what the fuck is wrong with this league; personally, I'd place putting more value in the outcome of the playoffs over the outcome of the league there as well; and football lines; and fucking know-it all Americans who think that because they were Tampa Bay Mutiny fans in 1996 they get to lecture me about a game I've been following for 37 of my 38 years.

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!

Go Hammers, except when a TFC player touches the ball.

I hear ya! I also hate talking football with most American sacker (that's how they say Soccer in their accent) fans.

werewolf
07-11-2008, 07:08 PM
We aren't booing the MLS, we are booing the induviudal twats that we boo every other time they are here.

CretanBull
07-11-2008, 07:23 PM
I think I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick than cheer for douchebags like Schelotto and Landycakes...and the other team has character guys like Lucas Neill, Craig Bellamy and Lee Bowyer? You'd have to be on crack to root for the MLS wankers.

Dirk Diggler
07-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Fuck this...I ain't cheering for West Ham. I'll just watch the game and pull for MLS All-Stars.

Hooligan69
07-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Bah. I don't even have any interest in buying a ticket for this game.

Dirk Diggler
07-11-2008, 07:32 PM
The best option would be to keep on busting TFC chants regardless of whats happening on the field. No need to cheer for West Ham.

raj100
07-11-2008, 08:18 PM
you know wut every1 shud do? every1 shud do continuos tfc clap clap clap chants and we shud also do anti argo chants ignore the game but if a tfc player is introduced we shud just yell in joy! boo every time a mls shit star touchs the ball and please wear black, black streamers, and dont buy concession stand foods!!!! mlse will understand if u stop there $$$ resources

Corpand
07-11-2008, 08:37 PM
wow, all of you cheering against the all stars should REALLY look pretty on TV for everyone else to see, makes me think how fast the MLS will want another big match in toronto (insert sarcasm)

Support your league, no matter who plays in it.

CretanBull
07-11-2008, 08:46 PM
^ even if there was nothing to protest, I'd sooner die that support Schelotto and the rest of the diving team.

Azerban
07-11-2008, 09:11 PM
wow, all of you cheering against the all stars should REALLY look pretty on TV for everyone else to see, makes me think how fast the MLS will want another big match in toronto (insert sarcasm)

Support your league, no matter who plays in it.

oh god no we'll never have another all star match the horror

like they'd play an mls cup final in canada in mid november, ha

Stugatzo
07-11-2008, 10:54 PM
MLS has made it clear with the starting 11 that they are sending a message to TFC that they resent us. To not include ONE of our players in the 11 is a deliberate slap in the face and probably an attempt to send a message that we don't own the league. Fucking shameful. I will proudly be supporting west ham as my personal fuck off right back at them.
I will, however, cheer for any TFC player that actually gets to play (and it's a pretty big IF).

James Oliphant
07-12-2008, 06:17 AM
MLS has made it clear with the starting 11 that they are sending a message to TFC that they resent us. To not include ONE of our players in the 11 is a deliberate slap in the face and probably an attempt to send a message that we don't own the league.

http://thejiveman.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/tinfoil-hat.jpg

T_Mizz
07-12-2008, 06:44 AM
I think this may be an audition for the future ie. MLS cup, CCL finals, etc. Make the atmosphere good for the sake of the future. Also as much as I hate the MLS All-stars I want them to humiliate West ham because it makes our league look more legit, I mean if the best XI in MLS can't beat some mid-table EPL team then who'll come here, this league will be a joke.
Having said that I'll be happy when the MLS all-stars score and win but if I was in the stadium I wouldn't support them

Stugatzo
07-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Best argument for supporting is the issue of credibility with an international team. But it's a bit dubious. Other than some prem league players being impressed by our supporters, no one is paying attention. Not like BBC will report on the game beyond a score line. I'm in chicago and will be polling the travelling support to see where they are at as well. I'll still be cheering for the hammers until one of our guys gets on the field.

ExiledRed
07-12-2008, 09:02 AM
IAlso as much as I hate the MLS All-stars I want them to humiliate West ham because it makes our league look more legit

You mean it will validate a salary capped, single entity league with poor officiating and self crippling rules that prevent it's teams from fielding the best squads possible in international competitions?

Is it worth mentioning that if the All Stars do succeed, MLS quality is hardly showcased given that the All Star team would be way above the salary cap?

trane
07-12-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm supporting the hammers.

Fuck yes. Tiny Fucking Bubbles, all the way.

trane
07-12-2008, 09:26 AM
We aren't booing the MLS, we are booing the induviudal twats that we boo every other time they are here.

That is my feeling, I am not going to chant for the guys we chant against evey other week.

Kooper
07-12-2008, 11:08 AM
MLS has made it clear with the starting 11 that they are sending a message to TFC that they resent us. To not include ONE of our players in the 11 is a deliberate slap in the face and probably an attempt to send a message that we don't own the league. Fucking shameful. I will proudly be supporting west ham as my personal fuck off right back at them.
I will, however, cheer for any TFC player that actually gets to play (and it's a pretty big IF).

They pushed everyone of our players but Edu off the list. That takes some serious work.

Does anyone have the results after the fan vote? I want to check the numbers. I recall Sutton having high numbers. If he got more than 45.6% of the vote he should be on the team. I checked the MLS board and www.thoffside.com where there was an article about the voting and I can't find the results.

GOALKEEPERS
Fans
Players
Media
Coach/GMs
Combined
Matt Reis 11.8 57.862.277.352.3 Jon Busch 10.6 8.215.611.411.4 DEFENDERS
Fans
Players
Media
Coach/GMs
Combined
Michael Parkhurst 9.231.047.847.733.9 Frankie Hejduk 17.336.231.131.829.1 Jimmy Conrad 10.828.426.738.626.2 Gonzalo Segares6.8 10.827.820.416.4 Bakary Soumare5.6 9.525.611.413.0
MIDFIELDERS
Fans
Players
Media
Coach/GMs
Combined
David Beckham 38.949.682.279.662.6 Cuauhtémoc Blanco 25.940.174.454.648.8 Shalrie Joseph 7.740.548.965.940.8 Sacha Kljestan 9.146.124.456.834.1 Robbie Rogers 13.038.424.445.430.3 Dwayne De Rosario17.3 37.123.338.629.1 Steve Ralston 6.014.223.325.017.1 G. Barros Schelotto 14.616.025.69.116.3 Maurice Edu 14.112.516.718.215.4
FORWARDS
Fans
Players
Media
Coach/GMs
Combined
Landon Donovan 29.366.882.293.267.9 Kenny Cooper 7.430.633.340.928.1 Luciano Emilio5.7 12.538.915.918.3 Brian Ching6.4 12.57.825.012.9

Kooper
07-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Found it and there is no conspiracy. The Toronto players were a ways off from qualifying by our vote alone.

http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/toronto-does-their-best-to-pack-the-mls-all-star-team.html

cmonyoureds
07-12-2008, 02:46 PM
TFC chants - free
Black shirt - $10
Black streamers - $5
Cheer for WHU - cost some pride
Boo the MLS - just got that pride back
Don't buy concessions - free

The look at head MLS head office - priceless

TFC07
07-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I think this may be an audition for the future ie. MLS cup, CCL finals, etc. Make the atmosphere good for the sake of the future. Also as much as I hate the MLS All-stars I want them to humiliate West ham because it makes our league look more legit, I mean if the best XI in MLS can't beat some mid-table EPL team then who'll come here, this league will be a joke.
Having said that I'll be happy when the MLS all-stars score and win but if I was in the stadium I wouldn't support them

MLS Cup final will be played in Toronto by 2012. MLS has no control over CCL games. It is up to CONCACAF to decide where to held the finals.

MFBODD
07-12-2008, 06:53 PM
TFC chants - free
Black shirt - $10
Black streamers - $5
Cheer for WHU - cost some pride
Boo the MLS - just got that pride back
Don't buy concessions - free

The look at head MLS head office - priceless

You forgot "sneak a flask into BMO", but that's part of "Don't buy concessions", so all is well

trane
07-13-2008, 08:38 AM
I am going out to buy a West ham jersey today.

Jimmy The Saint
07-14-2008, 08:58 AM
So I got an email back from a shop in the UK about getting usa discount, and all that was really mentioned was, buy big, and we'll knock something off. Kind of vague.

http://www.sportingkicks.co.uk/shop.php3?teamid=131&team=West%20Ham%20United (http://www.sportingkicks.co.uk/shop.php3?teamid=131&team=West%20Ham%20United)

The claret and blue striped scarves seem kind of of ok, but the prices! Yikes! 30$ a scarf + shipping...

noochie
07-14-2008, 09:03 AM
... Pretty Bubbles in the Air ...

Stugatzo
07-14-2008, 10:08 AM
I am going out to buy a West ham jersey today.

Let me know what you find...I want one as well!!!!

werewolf
07-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Did anyone see the commercial promoting the game, it featured one of the funniest lines I have heard in awhile - "...watch them (MLS) compete against West Ham United and EPL stars Freddie Ljungburg and Robert Green..."

I am not doubting Robert Green's skills per se, but thats who they feature in a commercial...?

:rofl:

MadMike
07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah , I saw that too. I wonder which members of West Ham will be here for the gme.

trane
07-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Is that the commercial which called for us to support our MLS Allstars?

ilikemusic
07-14-2008, 01:32 PM
If you guys are true MLS supporters and want to see the growth of soccer/football/futbol in Canada and the US, then support MLS.

What a load of crap. Its so annoying when people want to be condescending so they say things like soccer/futbol/fotball.

koryo
07-14-2008, 01:37 PM
A very clear rendition of the tune (apologies if it's already posted). It'll take you 5 mintues to learn it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RDcPFxKhz14&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RDcPFxKhz14&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Then like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,

ilikemusic
07-14-2008, 01:37 PM
You mean it will validate a salary capped, single entity league with poor officiating and self crippling rules that prevent it's teams from fielding the best squads possible in international competitions?

Is it worth mentioning that if the All Stars do succeed, MLS quality is hardly showcased given that the All Star team would be way above the salary cap?

I :hump: this post.

trane
07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
What a load of crap. Its so annoying when people want to be condescending so they say things like soccer/futbol/fotball.

I am glad you said it, I was trying to be nice. But the post rubbed me the wrong way too. I have to say that I am a TFC and Canada supporter, while I am not against the MLS or the US, my interests are with TFC and Canada. While our interests and those of the MLS can be common , they are not always so.

Stugatzo
07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/name/FSC/jerseysweepstakes

So the MLS all-stars are wearing black.
The SSS protest is urging we wear black.
Gonna look like a stadium of MLS all-star supporters and I'll be cheering for West Ham...compromise is I'll wear my Wolves Old Gold!!

trane
07-16-2008, 10:02 AM
I am not against the protest, but the wearing black thing will not work under the circumstnaces, it will play into the MLS and MLSE hands.