PDA

View Full Version : Montreal away April 7th question

T-boy
01-30-2012, 01:30 PM
I've never been to a TFC away game but obviously the away game in Montreal is particularly appealing! I just noticed that Porter are doing their 50% off thing again, so I was going to buy flights for Montreal for the game weekend.

Question is: How will tickets be sold for this game? Will a fairly large number of tickets be made available for away supporters for this game? Do I assume that I'll just be able to get a ticket?

Thanks!

pekduck
01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Yes to all of the above.

If it's just a single, their front office, or game day ticketing window will put you to the TFC away section based on the tickets available.

Should run you approx $25-30 for a single.

Bdking2
01-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Game is at Olympic Stadium so there should be plenty of space.

T-boy
01-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Do TFC offer tickets to the game (like back in England when I used to go to away games) or are you saying I go straight to the Impact to get my ticket?

Yagbod
01-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Another option: become a full paid member of the Red Patch Boys and get a ticket through the group's allocation.

T-boy
01-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Are the RPB given tickets, but NOT TFC the football club?

pekduck
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Do TFC offer tickets to the game (like back in England when I used to go to away games) or are you saying I go straight to the Impact to get my ticket?

Are the RPB given tickets, but NOT TFC the football club?

Unlike England it is extremely rare for the home team FO to offer Away game tickets to its fans (there were couple of MLS teams done it in the past for special occasions such as playoffs, but to expect that out of MLSE... I have a better change buying lottery tickets...)

RPB, as one of the official TFC Supporter Groups, is always engaged with various FOs around the league as we have one of the most recognized traveling support. We do have allocation from Impact FO, however, these seats are members only.

Impact FO do have 'away sections' for all TFC fans traveling away, affiliated or not.

Wagner
01-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Another option: become a full paid member of the Red Patch Boys and get a ticket through the group's allocation.

People shouldn't become members for the perks.

People should become members because they believe in what we are doing, and want to contribute.

Being a member isn't about the swag and things you might get...it's about what you can give.

MartinUtd
01-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Speaking of membership, you guys really need to start the process earlier in the year. I intend to sign up and would really like access to the away trip forum to help with the planning. So far I haven't heard much back other than "...later". I don't want this to be taken the wrong way like I'm complaining or anything, I just think it would be a lot easier to court 2012 membership before the season actually starts.

Waggy
01-30-2012, 04:09 PM

People should become members because they believe in what we are doing, and want to contribute.

Being a member isn't about the swag and things you might get...it's about what you can give.

This is definitely being posted in the wrong place but since it's topical:

I understand the need to only have trips available to members because of those stupid regulations, however the current setup is just encouraging people to join RPB specifically for the trips (when I was a member that was 80% of why I joined). Have you considered having levels of memberships? Like creating a non voting- more loosely associated sort of travel membership? Not that I don't respect and support the RPB, but I decided against being affiliated with any of the SG's after trying it out a few years ago. I'm sure there are many who think along the same lines. I'm sure it'd help from a fundraising POV and wouldn't hurt the integrity of group decisions/votes while still allowing for more access to away trips

Suds
01-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Speaking of membership, you guys really need to start the process earlier in the year. I intend to sign up and would really like access to the away trip forum to help with the planning. So far I haven't heard much back other than "...later". I don't want this to be taken the wrong way like I'm complaining or anything, I just think it would be a lot easier to court 2012 membership before the season actually starts.

Not to take this thread off topic, but a heads up the renewal process for existing members is already underway. Once the membership team has worked through the renewals they will open it up for new members.

This process helps them spread out the load when all the applications and renewals start to pile in.

Glad to hear you're interested in joining the group.

T-boy
01-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Although I'm sure officially joining the RB has its benefits, I personally don't believe in joining a separate supporters association away from the football club. I've always believed the supporters of TFC would be MUCH more powerful if they were all under one supporters club umbrella (right now the separate supporters "clubs" of the RPB, NEE, USector don't have anywhere NEAR as much power or importants if they were all ONE supporters club*.

But that's a side issue - the point is, I don't particularly want to join the RB just for this one away game. I can't make ANY other away games this season (my job means that I can't leave downtown Toronto from May 1st to Sept 1st! - I know, my summer is kind of sad stuck downtown!). So, I guess I'l just have to wait for Montreal to start selling individual game tickets and give them a call :) At least I found out how I get tickets, so thanks for the info :)

* - I don't mean to pee on the importants of the RPB, its just always been my opinion since day one of TFC when the USector and RPB were created separately and refused to work as one "club".

Suds
01-30-2012, 04:25 PM
^^
No worries. The point is there are a number of options for you to get tickets in Montreal and sit with TFC fans. Supporters groups organize so members are together, sometimes group travel companies run away game trips, and you can always just book your own stuff and buy a ticket direct from the host club.

The only important thing is to come out, bring your voice, and support the team.

T-boy
01-30-2012, 05:16 PM
^^
No worries. The point is there are a number of options for you to get tickets in Montreal and sit with TFC fans. Supporters groups organize so members are together, sometimes group travel companies run away game trips, and you can always just book your own stuff and buy a ticket direct from the host club.

The only important thing is to come out, bring your voice, and support the team.

Cool thanks :) I will do for sure! As long as I'm not stuck with a load of limp-acts, then it will be a great game I think :)

Red CB Toronto
01-30-2012, 05:27 PM
This is definitely being posted in the wrong place but since it's topical:

I understand the need to only have trips available to members because of those stupid regulations, however the current setup is just encouraging people to join RPB specifically for the trips (when I was a member that was 80% of why I joined). Have you considered having levels of memberships? Like creating a non voting- more loosely associated sort of travel membership? Not that I don't respect and support the RPB, but I decided against being affiliated with any of the SG's after trying it out a few years ago. I'm sure there are many who think along the same lines. I'm sure it'd help from a fundraising POV and wouldn't hurt the integrity of group decisions/votes while still allowing for more access to away trips

Waggy, I am just curious why did you decide to bail on being an RPB member? I mean I have friends who have decided against joining a supporters group as they do not think it makes you any less of a TFC supporters if you do not join and I agree with them. It is to each their own.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-30-2012, 05:58 PM
im in the same boat as TBoy so please let those of us not in the group know how we can get tickets when theyre available

Ossington Mental Youth
01-30-2012, 05:58 PM
We too wanna sit with TFC supporters in Montreal that is

Waggy
01-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Waggy, I am just curious why did you decide to bail on being an RPB member? I mean I have friends who have decided against joining a supporters group as they do not think it makes you any less of a TFC supporters if you do not join and I agree with them. It is to each their own.

There's a few reasons. I'll try and explain somewhat briefly. Sorry if I jump around a bit

While I love the idea of organized support, the fractured nature of TFC support with 3 main groups is... difficult for me. Right now things here are pretty good, TFC as a club is on the upswing and as an organization is much better than what it was. However there are bad times sometimes, and back in 2009 I became sick of the direction of the club and started boycotting it (from a financial standpoint. ie no games, no jerseys, no merch etc). In 2009 I didn't renew membership because I wasn't going to be attending games, and as a full time student membership was a cost that really wasn't needed.

In 2009 and 2010 I'm sure you remember the fairly serious issues between the SG's and the FO and I have to say (and I don't mean any offense to anyone) I didn't generally agree with a lot of the decisions made re when/how to protest and what the targets of the protests were. I like having the freedom to have my own voice. If there was 1 SG and ALL tfc fans were making decisions together that would have been a one thing. Even if I disagreed I wouldn't have had a problem standing shoulder to shoulder with everyone to make a point. However we weren't standing united as TFC fans: RPB were doing 1 thing, U Sec another, NEE another. Sometimes working together and sometimes not. Sometimes I agreed with what RPB were doing, sometimes U Sec, sometimes NEE.

Seeing the differences between groups, after that if I did decide to join a group again I'd have to think seriously about which groups ideas, style and way of thinking would be the best fit for me. But since that's not a decision I HAVE to make, why not stay a fan free agent? Especially since I'm not a season ticket holder, and beyond that:

thanks to my work schedule I'm not able to attend too many TFC games (last year I caught 3), and I'm not available to dedicate much time to RPB projects or efforts away from game day either. When I was a member I helped Al-Mo a few times setting up things in the stadium, and I know from being on here for years (it says I joined in 2008, but I lurked for... jeez, a year? before then) how much time, effort and money people put in to the RPB to make it work. And I don't feel it's right to sign up and say I'm a part of the group while contributing nothing beyond a membership cost and basically just taking advantage of an away trip or 2 a year and some (awesome) pregame BBQ. And I'm sure the people in U Sec and NEE put in just as much work as everyone here

Hope that doesn't sound like a cop out- I know I don't know a lot of you personally but those who do definitely know how I feel about the Reds (and even some who don't if you've read enough of my rambling). I'm not saying that I wouldn't join a supporters group, just to me, right now, it doesn't make THAT much sense to. And if/when I do decide to join a group again I'd have to look at the leadership of the groups, what sort of attitudes they had towards dealing with the FO and what they feel a supporters groups role is for a club (and what a fans role is as well). I know, I probably take this stuff too seriously haha

Ossington Mental Youth
01-30-2012, 06:11 PM
when are these tickets gonna be up for sale?

T-boy
01-30-2012, 06:16 PM
If there was 1 SG and ALL tfc fans were making decisions together that would have been a one thing. Even if I disagreed I wouldn't have had a problem standing shoulder to shoulder with everyone to make a point. However we weren't standing united as TFC fans: RPB were doing 1 thing, U Sec another, NEE another. Sometimes working together and sometimes not. Sometimes I agreed with what RPB were doing, sometimes U Sec, sometimes NEE.

That's exactly why I've never joined any TFC SG, and never joined the RPB. But, this is definitely a separate subject from my original post, and probably deserves its own separate conversation. I think I was the one who changed the original topic!

Back to the original subject, and to bump Ossington's posts -

Having Montreal in the league and the possibility of 3 TFC away games in Montreal, I think its time for TFC/MLSE to start organising the TFC at Montreal away games. It's fair enough the SG's having their allocation of tickets, but this is the first time that TFC will have league games in Montreal, and these games will surely be the most popular EVER TFC away games. The average TFC supporter, for the first time ever, is likely to want to go to at least one TFC at Montreal game. I think the TFC front office should help co-ordinate the Montreal tickets, as there could be quite a lof of us who want to go - epecially for the Olympic Stadium game!

Greatest Ripoff
01-30-2012, 06:21 PM
when are these tickets gonna be up for sale?

I emailed the 'info' address on the Montreal website and was contacted by them. Here is the email I got:

Gentlemen,

I am following up to your various emails and telephone conversations that we may have had.

· SEATING

In the Olympic Stadium we will start with filling sections 149, 257 & 369 and go to the right (when facing the field). When these 10 sections are all filled we will go to 457, 459 & 461. Altogether we are looking at about a total of 2,200 available seats. If more are required will we make them available. The same will also apply for the Canadian Championship Game which will take place on either May 2nd or 9th.

All seating will be allocated on a 1st come, 1st served basis with deposits. So far I have only 1 deposit for the April 7th game.

· SAPUTO STADIUM GAME – JNUE 27th

The Supporters’ Section for this game will be 112, starting from the top down. The final number allocated will depend on the demand but I will provide you all with a cut-off date. I am also accepting deposits for this game right now.

· SECURITY

There will be a conference call with our Operations personnel in late February. I highly recommend that all Supporters’ groups be present for this cc. As soon as I have a tentative date I will duly advise. This cc will cover all three TFC games.

Should you have any questions pls. do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Greatest Ripoff
01-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Add for other people looking for a package trip check out this thread:

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?43590-TFC-v-Montreal-April-7th-Travel-Information-(From-Ontario)

T-boy
01-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Excellent info, thanks Greatest. I'll give the Impact a call tomorrow and put down a deposit, or whatever I have to do :)

ForeverTFC
01-30-2012, 06:53 PM
I have been waiting to become a member until I became a season ticket holder, and finally this is the year.

With that said, I really do hope that new memberships will be offered in time to purchase MTL tickets through the group. I think it will be a fantastic chance to get to meet all the supporters and get this going to right way.

Hopefully, memberships will start soon.

AL-MO
01-30-2012, 06:53 PM
thanks to my work schedule I'm not able to attend too many TFC games (last year I caught 3), and I'm not available to dedicate much time to RPB projects or efforts away from game day either. When I was a member I helped Al-Mo a few times setting up things in the stadium, and I know from being on here for years (it says I joined in 2008, but I lurked for... jeez, a year? before then) how much time, effort and money people put in to the RPB to make it work. And I don't feel it's right to sign up and say I'm a part of the group while contributing nothing beyond a membership cost and basically just taking advantage of an away trip or 2 a year and some (awesome) pregame BBQ. And I'm sure the people in U Sec and NEE put in just as much work as everyone here

And you're help was always appreciated.

:scarf:

denime
01-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Ok Boys We Should go :topic:

Thanks

Brooker
01-30-2012, 07:10 PM

Bigger avatars! Signatures!!!! :D

Waggy
01-30-2012, 07:13 PM
And you're help was always appreciated.

:scarf:

Some of the most fun I've had at any sporting events. Always happy to help. (and if you remember it: your red thunder trick was brilliant.)

to topic: Thanks for the Voyaguers link! Probably going to go that route with friends for the game. Any idea how many tix they're setting aside for visiting fans? I guess given the news about their season ticket drive stalling they'll open up as many sections for TO fans as needed? It'd be awesome if we could drown out the impact fans in montreal

Bluenose13
01-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Some of the most fun I've had at any sporting events. Always happy to help. (and if you remember it: your red thunder trick was brilliant.)

to topic: Thanks for the Voyaguers link! Probably going to go that route with friends for the game. Any idea how many tix they're setting aside for visiting fans? I guess given the news about their season ticket drive stalling they'll open up as many sections for TO fans as needed? It'd be awesome if we could drown out the impact fans in montreal2200 tickets to begin with.

Red CB Toronto
01-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Ok Boys We Should go :topic:

Thanks

We are in good shape having a great discussion.

TorontoGooner
01-30-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm in. Flag made and everything! Date set for the sale of tickets?

Ossington Mental Youth
01-30-2012, 09:25 PM
awesome, thanks greatest.

EastYork
01-31-2012, 11:04 AM
I am also waiting to join RPB this year and planning to go to Montreal for the April 7th game. I have contacted the membership team but was told to wait a bit.

Yohan
01-31-2012, 11:07 AM
There are plenty of tix in away supporter section for this game. Just be patient

T-boy
01-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Montreal say their single game tickets will go on sale in Feb, so I'd wait until they go on sale, then call their ticket office and get your tickets.

pekduck
01-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Some good conversation on this thread.

To everyone who are not part of any affiliated SG. In general, FOs around MLS will only release tickets 1 month prior to the actual match. Exceptions are for some key matches deemed by the hosting FO.

For LA CCL return leg, March 14. I've been in touch with them first week of Jan but told they didn't even start planning for it, check back in mid Feb for group pricing.

For Impact, they are trying to sort out Big O and Saputo online ticketing integration issue similar to what TFC had to do with Rogers Center and BMO. Whatever the details are, public sale are only open after first round of large group purchases. (I.e. SGs)

Typically the larger the group the higher the discount. 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 etc.

99% the time, you'll have a ticket since it will not be a sold out game.

prizby
01-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Add for other people looking for a package trip check out this thread:

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?43590-TFC-v-Montreal-April-7th-Travel-Information-(From-Ontario (http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?43590-TFC-v-Montreal-April-7th-Travel-Information-%28From-Ontario))

should note that s-trip is going to have their own seperate sections not mixed in with RPB/U-Sector etc...

DavydMT
01-31-2012, 12:01 PM
should note that s-trip is going to have their own seperate sections not mixed in with RPB/U-Sector etc...

:) should also note: Away supporter sections are usually treated as general admission areas even though there may be seat numbers on your tickets. Because standing, singing chanting and flag waving are to be expected in a supporters section, your view may be blocked at times.

pekduck
01-31-2012, 12:05 PM
:) should also note: Away supporter sections are usually treated as general admission areas even though there may be seat numbers on your tickets. Because standing, singing chanting and flag waving are to be expected in a supporters section, your view may be blocked at times.

Ain't that the truth! :drum::scarf:

T-boy
01-31-2012, 12:09 PM
I think I'm forgetting that mostly all the other clubs in the league aren't like Toronto and they don't sell out every week! Ooooh, I wonder if I can get a ticket away in Dallas....with the 7 other people and 2 dogs who regularly attend! :p

pekduck
01-31-2012, 12:13 PM
I think I'm forgetting that mostly all the other clubs in the league aren't like Toronto and they don't sell out every week! Ooooh, I wonder if I can get a ticket away in Dallas....with the 7 other people and 2 dogs who regularly attend! :p

They'll actually sweeten the deal by giving you 8 hot dogs in the package and two cookies for the dogs for just being there :D

SoccMan
01-31-2012, 08:37 PM
I hear that the Montreal Impact have only sold around 7000 season tickets so far, I would have thought they would have sold more by now.

DavydMT
02-01-2012, 04:45 PM
hotel deal on travel zoo

http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/hotels/canada/-89-Montreal-Hotel-Suite-incl-Breakfast-up-to-40-Off-1180733/?utm_source=top20_ca&utm_medium=email

$89 -- Montreal Hotel Suite incl. Breakfast, up to 40% Off*

By Greg Kunstler
Travelzoo Staff, Toronto
Save a bundle in Montreal through April 18 by grabbing a suite for $89 per night including a hot buffet breakfast -- as much as 40% off based on pricing for spring travel.

Rooms at the Holiday Inn Express Montreal Centre-Ville have queen beds; guests can also save on meal costs with the kitchenettes. The living room has a sofa bed, ideal for families because children stay free with up to two adults.

Put the extra cash toward the many shops and restaurants around the Rue Sainte-Catherine, a stone's throw away from the hotel. Or, head to the nearby Old Port for a historical tour, or museums including the Montreal Science Centre. There are two metro stops within a couple of blocks.

Travelzoo Tip: Montreal saves some of its most exciting events for winter. The Snow Village will be welcoming visitors through March, and the Montreal En Lumière festival (Feb. 15-26) provides fine arts, dining and family activities. The Nuit Blanche (Feb. 25) is one of the biggest cultural events.

Not available on: March 14-17; March 24 - April 1

Book by Feb. 11. Top 20 deal – sells out quickly.

phonzo
02-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I hear that the Montreal Impact have only sold around 7000 season tickets so far, I would have thought they would have sold more by now.

they haven't even started marketing it...incoming fail on their part.

TFC&SpursGuy
02-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Montreal single game tickets, including April 7 v. TFC, now on sale.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/tickets/single-game-tickets

Ossington Mental Youth
02-01-2012, 09:40 PM
ordered mine today, got em in 149

Blizzard
02-01-2012, 10:33 PM

Yes but it is in section 149 so they are right next to the sections the SG's are being allocated.

DinamoTFC
02-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Is this the main thread to find out news for the Montreal game (ie: tickets for supporters, travel, hotel)?

Oldtimer
02-02-2012, 08:23 AM
they haven't even started marketing it...incoming fail on their part.

Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver all learned from TFC's playbook on how to market the team. The TFC FO have made it available to all of MLS, and it's been a great success in those cities (although Portland already had decent support in D2). However, it is unlikely that Montreal will want to learn anything from Toronto. :prrr:

Good news for us is that tickets are sure to be available for all TFC fans and supporters who want to come. Can we beat opening day in Columbus?

bT4Y0hVHd8k

zorsofstesab
02-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Great deal Travelzoo for $89.00 including breakfast. I just booked for Friday April 6 and am looking forward to a great mini-trip with the family. Now all I need tickets to the game.

pekduck
02-02-2012, 03:14 PM
http://www.viarail.ca/en/new-departures/trains-656-and-659

via rail, $39 each way, toronto - montreal

get them while supplies last

Ben - D.O.W.
02-02-2012, 03:43 PM
That's only good for travel until Feb 29th isn't it?

"Book by February 2, 2012 for travel until February 29, 2012 inclusive."

pekduck
02-02-2012, 03:50 PM
That's only good for travel until Feb 29th isn't it?

"Book by February 2, 2012 for travel until February 29, 2012 inclusive."

you are right.. i got too excited :(

nfitz
02-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Beware though ... those trains are milk runs that stop in Ottawa on their way to Montreal. Six hours to Montreal on 656; Train 66 leaves 40 minutes later and arrives 40 minutes earlier.

Train 659 from Montreal is almost 7 hours (6 hours 57 minutes). If you take train 67 it leaves an hour later, and arrives Toronto 80 minutes earlier.

Demand for these new train routes must be much lower than they were expecting. I expect there will be another sale soon!

But if your in no rush, they are cheap and comfortable. And unlike the bus, they'll sell you beer.

Ben - D.O.W.
02-02-2012, 03:52 PM
you are right.. i got too excited :(

No worries - I saw it earlier this week and tried booking before getting super disappointed. $39 one way in February turned to $120 one way in April.

And Nfitz - thanks for the heads up, that's definitely good to know (in case they offer a similar deal later for April).

pekduck
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
50% via offer on other services is still the best.. 5:30 to mtl.. downtown to downtown.

T-boy
02-02-2012, 08:48 PM
I booked my flight.....from Quebec City to Toronto?! What?!

....I'm making a weekend of it, Toronto to Montreal for the game, then unto Quebec City....cos I've never been there!

I'm hoping via will do another discount for April soon....otherwise I'll book the supersaver.

Blizzard
02-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Beware though ... those trains are milk runs that stop in Ottawa on their way to Montreal. Six hours to Montreal on 656; Train 66 leaves 40 minutes later and arrives 40 minutes earlier.

Train 659 from Montreal is almost 7 hours (6 hours 57 minutes). If you take train 67 it leaves an hour later, and arrives Toronto 80 minutes earlier.

Demand for these new train routes must be much lower than they were expecting. I expect there will be another sale soon!

But if your in no rush, they are cheap and comfortable. And unlike the bus, they'll sell you beer.

The one positive is that these trains are (or at least I am led to believe are) the Renaissance Cars. Much more comfortable. Bigger tables for your laptop. Two and one seating instead of two and two. Much more modern.

But ya, it is one helluva milk run.

nfitz
02-03-2012, 02:07 AM
The one positive is that these trains are (or at least I am led to believe are) the Renaissance Cars. Much more comfortable. Bigger tables for your laptop. Two and one seating instead of two and two. Much more modern.Oh dear ... and I thought the Turbo was modern ...

Cuppy
02-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Hotel booked for the weekend and tix locked in section 255.

Suds
02-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Sharing hotel info for those interested. There are already some TFC fans booked here.

Days Inn Downtown Montreal
$90/night all in, 2 Adults, 2 Dbl Beds
http://daysinnmontreal.ca/daysinn/hotel.htm

Petor
02-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Rates for all Hotels in Montreal, some real bargains...

http://www.hotels.com/search.do?destination=Montreal+%28and+vicinity%29% 2C+Qu%C3%A9bec%2C+Canada&searchParams.arrivalDate=04%2F06%2F12&searchParams.departureDate=04%2F08%2F12&rooms=1&searchParams.rooms%5B0%5D.numberOfAdults=1&children%5B0%5D=0&asaReport=HomePage%3A%3ANoSuggest&destinationId=&searchParams.landmark=&hotelId=&searchParams.resolvedLocation=destination%3A164372 0%3AEXACT_RED%3AHIGH

TorontoMO
02-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Montreal has sold 25K for it's home opener. If the 7K season tickets are true that's 18,000 tickets in 2 days. The great thing about Montreal is that if you're winning, expect the place to be packed. If you're losing, you'll only get the diehards.

I would expect at least 30,000 at this game. Now will impact fans get 2200 seats for the game at BMO or 100? I see that they're big away trip this year will be to NY. I wonder if that due to being able to get more tickets there?

TorontoGooner
02-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Booked my flights but do you think its worth getting the tickets yet?

tfc2008
02-04-2012, 09:18 AM
I have my tickets for the Montreal game it's easy to get them

EastYork
02-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I have my tickets for the Montreal game it's easy to get them

In which section are your tickets in?

DinamoTFC
02-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Which section are the TFC supporters in?

zorsofstesab
02-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Just got off the phone with the Montreal ticket office 1-855-790-1245. Section 151 is sold out. 151 is one of the sections dedicated for the supporters. The closest sections to 151 are also sold out which are 145/147/149/255/257 I did manage to get 4 tickets in section 253 row D. If you do not have tickets my advice is to get them quick because it appears they are selling fast in the sections surrounding the supporters section. My 4 tickets cost $135.80 all in.

tfc2008
02-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Which section are the TFC supporters in?

You have to tell them your a tfc supporter so they put everyone together.

tfc2008
02-04-2012, 12:23 PM
151 is mysection

tfc2008
02-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Contact fern da silva for your away tickets and we sit all together.

514-328-5172.

TFC1154ever
02-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know the seating chart for the Olympic stadium? Gonna be ordering the tickets tomorrow but, I want to see where section 151 is.

P.s I no it's sold out but, does anyone know where the RPB/USEC/NEE/Voyagers are sitting?

zorsofstesab
02-04-2012, 01:14 PM
From another board - We, along with RPB, have exclusive access to tickets in sections 151 and 259 of Olympic Stadium. Overflow will go into sections 261 and 263, with TFC supporters having potentially 2200 total seats allocated to them in the general vicinity.

If you can get tickets in the odd number sections closest to the ones above then that`s where you want to be.

BeachTory
02-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I got 255 row A because the ticket office has nothing to sell in 151,149 or 147 or 261 259 or 257

A bit disappointed that away supporters tickets are so hard to get, esp from either RPB or Usector. Ive asked to join here and never heard back.

Cuppy
02-05-2012, 08:15 PM
also grabbed a pair in in 255

DOMIN8R
02-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I got 255 row A because the ticket office has nothing to sell in 151,149 or 147 or 261 259 or 257

A bit disappointed that away supporters tickets are so hard to get, esp from either RPB or Usector. Ive asked to join here and never heard back.

According to CoachGT...

2012 RPB membership for new members will be opened up this week. If you are looking for Montreal info, please post here (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=26818&page=3) or send me (CoachGT) a PM and we'll get stuff pushed a little faster.

New RPB membership appications take some time to process because everyone is a volunteer. RPBs are giving their free time to help process your membership. Please be patient. Once reviewed, accepted and dues are paid - more information regarding the MTRL trip (tickets, accomodations, transportation, etc.) will be made available to you in the members section.

Thank you.

pekduck
02-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Contact fern da silva for your away tickets and we sit all together.

514-328-5172.

Thanks for posting this, Fern is Impact's Sales Manager, him and his assistant Matt will look after tickets for TFC away sections at the big O.

Correct, section 151, 149, 147 and their immediate sections above are designated away seats for officially recognized supporter groups. Each section is approx 200 tickets or there about giving a pocket of max 1200 or so. Sections annexing the SG sections are for away fans.

Hence, these seats are not for sale to the general public until 2 weeks prior to the match date should SG don't take them.

According to CoachGT...

New RPB membership appications take some time to process because everyone is a volunteer. RPBs are giving their free time to help process your membership. Please be patient. Once reviewed, accepted and dues are paid - more information regarding the MTRL trip (tickets, accomodations, transportation, etc.) will be made available to you in the members section.

Thank you.

Thanks for posting, and yes, there is a process in place. As suggested, it takes time to process.

T-boy
02-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Ok, I've booked flights, and via rail.

I just called Montreal and.....they have NO tickets. They looked all thrhough the TFC section, and nothing. ZERO!

So, currently I'm totally screwed.

Any ideas?

I now have travel to and from Montreal, and no game tickets :(

Suggestions welcomed! Thanks in advance.

TFC Cityboy
02-13-2012, 02:43 PM
^^ I'm pretty sure I read elsewhere that adjacent sections would be opened up as and when needed. It's at the Big Owe so there is lots of space.
I'd hang tight and not panic right now.

Red Rat
02-13-2012, 02:45 PM
give $50 and i will stow you inside my drum

T-boy
02-13-2012, 02:46 PM
They just said sold out! I called TFC, and they said to call Montreal. So I told them I already did, then they said to just get tickets on the street?!

I've now left a messege with this Fern who has been mentioned on this thread.

I never knew it was so difficult to get tickets to an away game! It's almost laughable! The girl in Montreal had NO idea what I was talking about when I said away section! I said "Toronto supporters". She then put me on hold for ten minutes trying to work out what I was talking about!

Rudi
02-13-2012, 02:59 PM
She's probably new. I'm sure Fern will be able to help you (there's no way the tickets are sold out).

T-boy
02-13-2012, 03:08 PM
I left a vm with Fern. I'll report back what I find. :)

Agreed I find it hard to believe they are all sold out already! :o

Red Rat
02-13-2012, 03:15 PM
my offer includes transportation people!!!
that is a bargain!

T-boy
02-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok, Fern said to contact him directly and NOT to call the ticketline as they aren't selling the supporters section tickets at all (so no wonder they had no idea what I was talking about!).

I'd suggest anybody who wanst tickets contact Fern:
fern.dasilva@impactmontreal.com (fern.dasilva@impactmontreal.com)

He definitely seem the guy who knows what's going on in Montreal :)

P.S I haven't got my tickets yet, fern is getting back to me so I can sort out an account to buy the tickets etc.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-13-2012, 04:06 PM
was gonna say if worse comes to worse, scalpers (booo hissss i know)

Carefree
02-14-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm having no luck with Da Silva. What I would like to know is, are there tickets in the TFC supporters section that are being held for the SGs that haven't been claimed yet? In other words, is there still hope that by getting an RPB membership I will get tickets in the away support section even though everyone seems to think these sections are sold out?

pdogg
02-14-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm having no luck with Da Silva. What I would like to know is, are there tickets in the TFC supporters section that are being held for the SGs that haven't been claimed yet? In other words, is there still hope that by getting an RPB membership I will get tickets in the away support section even though everyone seems to think these sections are sold out?

I'm having similar difficulty with Fern Da Silva. I contacted him a week ago, sent all my information. He has not called back - I tried contacting him, sent an e-mail and he said he would be calling back shortly to get my payment info. Still waiting....

TFC1154ever
02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm having similar difficulty with Fern Da Silva. I contacted him a week ago, sent all my information. He has not called back - I tried contacting him, sent an e-mail and he said he would be calling back shortly to get my payment info. Still waiting....

What I had to do was call him....he said leave me a email with your contact info, which I did. Didn't hear from him for 2 days,so I called him again telling him I sent an email and had gotten no response. He then took down my Credit Card info and we got are 8 tickets in 255. You might want break his balls.

pdogg
02-14-2012, 06:38 PM
What I had to do was call him....he said leave me a email with your contact info, which I did. Didn't hear from him for 2 days,so I called him again telling him I sent an email and had gotten no response. He then took down my Credit Card info and we got are 8 tickets in 255. You might want break his balls.

That's awesome. We have a bunch of people looking to give them money and they won't respond. We have to actively hunt them down to get them to even offer us a chance at tickets.

T-boy
02-15-2012, 10:13 AM
The whole things seems badly thought thru! It's like they are now surprised that a LOT of Toronto people want to come to this game! This is going to be by FAR the most popular away trip for Toronto fans, and its one of the "closest" away trips for any MLS clubs. They really should have worked out how a lot of TFC fans are going to get to the game and made it easier on us!

redangeldragnet
02-15-2012, 10:42 AM
There should be an away supporters section on the event Ticketmaster page.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1000483BB2786C34?artistid=806614&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11

Petor
02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
There isn't but if you extend the info(click on see more under Please Note...) on the right side you get...

Visiting team Supporters: Visiting team supporters interested in group or single tickets should contact Fern da Silva at 514.328.5172 or fern.dasilva@impactmontreal.com (fern.dasilva@impactmontreal.com)

dal524
02-26-2012, 06:42 PM
i just checked today and there are no $15 (plus taxes) seats left :( any success with emailing this Fern Da Silva contact? Im considering joining the rpbs but am not sure what they are offering in terms of the away trip to MTL, anyone know? still tix left? i went to the columbus one in year 2 and it was good but havent gone to any away matches since.

Blizzard
02-26-2012, 07:03 PM
i just checked today and there are no $15 (plus taxes) seats left :( any success with emailing this Fern Da Silva contact? Im considering joining the rpbs but am not sure what they are offering in terms of the away trip to MTL, anyone know? still tix left? i went to the columbus one in year 2 and it was good but havent gone to any away matches since.

Not to divert you from the RPB trip but this is an alternative offered by S-Trip who are also handling the Voyageur's trip to Cuba for the WC Qualifier. It's on the U-Sector board. Scan through the thead and you will enough information and links to give you an idea of what's up.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=15828

TorontoGooner
02-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Heads up, the game is 12pm now, not 1pm

BritSOL
03-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Didn't want to wait any longer for Fern Da Silva to contact me back, so I looked on Ticketmaster and found myself 2 tickets in section 147............

TFC1154ever
03-21-2012, 06:26 PM
^ You gotta call him. If you emailed him, you'll never get a response. He messed up and only sent 4 of the 8 tickets we ordered. I called him, he told me to email him the info. Called him back 3 days later, made sure that he sent the tickets, which he did today.

Canuck82
03-22-2012, 10:13 AM
I went to the Impact home opener last weekend, and Section 151 (and surrounding sections) were where the Chicago Section 8 supporters were set up. It is in the far corner of the lower deck, with nobody sitting around it - back behind the video replay board. I was surprised it was so far away from the pitch - and in fact far away from any other seats as they didn't sell any tickets around it as it is cut off by the scoreboard...

Canuck82
03-22-2012, 10:20 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/480184_251401988288162_242948419133519_539696_1721 627729_n.jpg

T-boy
03-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Man, that's a pretty crappy view of that goal!!!! :o

kodiakTFC
03-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Does anyone plan to go May 2nd for the NCC? Thats the game I plan on going to.

cochrdoc
03-22-2012, 08:04 PM
What bar do the red patch boys go to before the game.I am travelling up from the maritimes with some buddies for the game and need to convert them to being Toronto fans and thought you guys could help.

Suds
03-22-2012, 09:15 PM
What bar do the red patch boys go to before the game.I am travelling up from the maritimes with some buddies for the game and need to convert them to being Toronto fans and thought you guys could help.

I don't think a pre-game pub for supporters to meet has been decided yet. Keep in mind this game is at noon. Much earlier than usual for games.

Red CB Toronto
03-22-2012, 10:00 PM
I am going, have booked my mega bus ticket for $27.00 return. Leaving at 6:30 am on the 2nd and heading back right after the game, bus leaves MTL at 12:15 am.