PDA

View Full Version : What Name you getting on your Jersey

Doucet3
01-26-2012, 10:36 PM
After years of saying to myself "alright this year I'm going to get ______'s name on a jersey" and then only to be disappointed by them being traded, released, or poached by a European club ive decided to grab my own name and number and will be ordering it tnrw probably.

Since I plan on getting nexts years new home kit, or even this years away I've got a little short list of potential player for those jerseys

Most likely list
Eckersley
Koevermans
Henry
Frings
Plata

Maybe list
Hall
Frei
Kocic
Dunfield
Plata

Only problem with a couple of my top ones is

Koevermans - could leave after his contract, already is a fan favorite, hopefully the next jersey after koevs but only if he re signs
Henry - young might (not) pan out, ntm could be poached by European clubs later on
Frings - old, no knock on him but who knows when he's gunna retire
Plata - didn't want to like him a lot before cause of how good he was kinda expected him to be plucked away but now

Waggy
01-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Plata or Ecks for me. Want someone good, young, skilled, and going to be here for a while. I'm also thinking of an Ajax Winter kit

MartinUtd
01-26-2012, 11:17 PM
I still don a worn out kit from 2006 so it's definitely time for a new one. Thinking Stinson since im sold on him being the future.. if he pulls a Nicholas Lynsey then maybe Plata or Ecks

bman27
01-26-2012, 11:37 PM
I went for the risky move and picked up an ecks kit last season, looks like a solid investment now

brad
01-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Have you consider maybe Lombardo, or perhaps Reda? Kind of like a tribute.

Doucet3
01-26-2012, 11:53 PM
I was thinking of a Dichio one, I still have one of the first Toronto FC one, it dosnt even have BMO on it just "Toronto FC".

But yea I'm going to get my name on my first new only aka this years, Doucet #3 just incase you see me floating around BMO or the Rogers centre, if I lived in Toronto I'd have season tix loł

Wks is for sure my next kit, how longs his contract ?

Ossington Mental Youth
01-27-2012, 12:20 AM
frings is here for at least this season and i think hes got 2 more optional careers. for me he was a dream signing as a long time bremen fan. Im gonna be getting him on the home jersey for sure.

nascarguy
01-27-2012, 06:46 AM
get danny dichio 9 or nascar 09:D...lol

Fort York Redcoat
01-27-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm of the mind to always get a name on the back their first year to date myself. If the player doesn't work out it's not your fault and now you can say you've had the kit since player x was here.

Ecks and Plata are finally a part of the side full time...

pekduck
01-27-2012, 07:42 AM
had dichio and barret :D

frings more likely the next one to get

Technorgasm
01-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Supporters are heros. . . . I'll only get my own name.
THE NORB

that. . or
Phonzo. .
or maybe pete craig. .

tNo doubt twith that on their I would have ladies coming at me with Matresses on their backs. . .

__wowza
01-27-2012, 12:35 PM
http://i.imm.io/flSt.png

tfcmanu
01-27-2012, 02:08 PM
I have:

EDU #6
De Rosario #14

I will just use my EDU Jersey Vintage...

Maybe Kovermans take De Rosarios name and replace it.

Mark in Ottawa
01-27-2012, 02:21 PM
None. My loyalty is to the team not to any one player.
If I get anything it will be #75 and the name??
Why Myles Bastard of course!! :D

DangerRed
01-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Not getting a new jersey. The new kit is HIDEOUS.

Island Man
01-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Morgan.

Brooker
01-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Melo.

Gazza
01-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Steve.

TOBOR !
01-27-2012, 03:14 PM
If anything just put a number on the shirt.

I hate that players have their names on the backs of their shirts. It's unnecessary.

I'd love for someone in any sport at any level to say they didn't want their name put on the backs of their shirts.

Why did ever start ? to assist commentators ? Fuck commentators. Maybe that's why Dobson has so much trouble doing CONCACAF games. idiot.

http://64.13.252.151/forums/picture.php?albumid=375&pictureid=2746

Carts
01-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Supporters are heros. . . . I'll only get my own name.
THE NORB

that. . or
Phonzo. .
or maybe pete craig. .

tNo doubt twith that on their I would have ladies coming at me with Matresses on their backs. . .

DOUG

Detroit_TFC
01-27-2012, 04:09 PM
If anything just put a number on the shirt.

I hate that players have their names on the backs of their shirts. It's unnecessary.

I'd love for someone in any sport at any level to say they didn't want their name put on the backs of their shirts.

For the US Nats, Klinsmann took the players names off the shirts & numbers are the natural position numbers. Old skool.

Yagbod
01-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Regarding teams and names on kits: Part of growing passion for a team is identifying with the players on the team. How is the casual or new fan ever going to get to know the players without their names on their kits? The 'real' fan may spend time on the internet memorizing numbers, but the casual or new fan will never be bothered and without names will never figure out who the players are.

Regarding buying a personal jersey: knock youself out, don't put a name on it. I agree it would be kinda cool.

GuelphStorm2007
01-27-2012, 09:20 PM
I do plan to get a jersey I am just going to put my favorite nUMBER ON THE back 10, Pele, Maradona,Lafluer. why not

jaahuuu
01-29-2012, 05:09 PM
With the amount of turnover on the roster I'd get somebody you like now, and not worry about how long they will be with the team.

I've got Dichio (after he retired) and Fellinga (after he got cut). I just got Plata, but didn't try the shirt on when I bought it and it's too small.

Oblio2
01-29-2012, 05:20 PM
I have to options

Welsh
England

or

Andy "fucking" Welsh

:)

Torontotonto
01-29-2012, 05:27 PM
tim90

:hump:

PearceCFC
01-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Just got a Danny Koverman's jersey for Christmas.... now I'm debating whether to wear my Deportivo La Courna, DeGuzman jersey (bought before he came to TFC) or the Kovermans one to games.... decisions, decisions.

Couchy81
01-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Tempted to leave mine blank but if I HAD to add a name it would be a coin toss between Koevs or Frings, and my second jersey would be between Ecks and Plata.

TFCRegina
01-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Chris Pozniak...

The man's a bigger saint than Jacob Peterson.

TOBOR !
01-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Regarding teams and names on kits: Part of growing passion for a team is identifying with the players on the team. How is the casual or new fan ever going to get to know the players without their names on their kits? The 'real' fan may spend time on the internet memorizing numbers, but the casual or new fan will never be bothered and without names will never figure out who the players are.

Spend time on the internet memorizing numbers ? How did teams ever draw crowds before 1992 ?

Player's names were first printed on the back of players' shirts after the Premier League was launched in 1992, a smart marketing move, as fans could now pay for the privilege of having their idol's name - or indeed their own - printed on their expensive new replica shirts. These details not only add value to replica kit sales but also make the acquisition of match worn shirts more desirable, feeding the black market in counterfeit sales.

jaahuuu
01-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Spend time on the internet memorizing numbers ? How did teams ever draw crowds before 1992 ?
The Yankees still don't put names on their jerseys, and I think they do ok.

TOBOR !
01-30-2012, 10:19 PM
The Yankees still don't put names on their jerseys, and I think they do ok.

This was at George Steinbrenner`s insistance, and helps make the argument that the team is more important than the individual.

Platts
01-31-2012, 12:52 PM
i'm afraid i would get Attakora.

kodiakTFC
01-31-2012, 03:27 PM
http://lolmls.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/LOLMLS_125.jpg

TorontoGooner
02-19-2012, 12:38 PM
European football took the idea (like so many) from the NFL. It's a way of selling shirts I guess and I don't mind it.

I know a lot of people who get their own nickname on the back, I think that's pretty cool. If it was too be a player though I think I'd get Frings, the man's a machine.

Here's another alternative, get this printed on your shirt

I
Montreal

Maybe this only works with my Essex accent!!

Redcoe15
02-19-2012, 05:20 PM
On the back of my red TFC authentic, I have REDCOE as the name and 15 as the number. Get it? ;)

I'll be wearin' it at both the CCL match against LA in March, and in Montreal at the Big O in April. :scarf: