PDA

View Full Version : Seattle question

TFCwestcan
01-18-2012, 10:14 PM
I am planning to go to the season opening game in Seattle, looking at there web site they are fairly unhelpful for away fans. Has anyone been to Seattle and how did the process work for you. I am planning on calling the ticket office to see if I can a straight answer from them.

2nd Question is anyone going down for the March season opener? Looking to meet some red shirts prior to the game.

Thanks

prizby
01-19-2012, 12:11 AM
call their front office for tix would be my guess...although i don't think teams are doing single game tix yet, so they just might not be available

we got another guy from calgary on the boards...look for twistedchinaman...he might be doing the LA game; not sure about seattle...send him a msg though

think there might be a couple that swing seattle's way after the LA game

lazlo_80
01-19-2012, 01:10 AM
I've been to Seattle for a game, I just grabbed the tix off of ticketmaster, though i didn't sit in the visitors supporters section. with that said, i drank with my wife before the game in a bar in TFC gear and all the fans from Seattle were surprisingly cool and down to chat.

As for tix availability, I agree, don't think teams are doing single tix games yet. I moved down to SF and the San jose tix don't go up until later this week.

Best of luck, have a great time. It's a great place to see a game, Ive seen both TFC and the Canadian soccer team in that stadium.

Yohan
01-19-2012, 01:19 AM
You will enjoy Seattle. Generally the Pacific Northwest 'gets it' when it comes to soccer. Seattle fans are very laid back and accomodating.

Wull
01-19-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm going, I'm still trying to get info for the away section

pekduck
01-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I can look into ticketing, as I still get spammed from their FO at every single opportunity on group ticket sales.

Stay tuned.

If time permits, I'll do LA March 14, then Seattle right after. Only if time permits..

nfitz
01-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I'll be in Seattle for that game ... might be looking for up to 4 ...

Carts
01-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Bring a massive GREEN flag... Wear a blue shirt...

Send the flag down the aisle - have the fans start to unravel it...

Before they notice - TA-DA! Toronto FC logo on it...!!!

:D

pekduck
01-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Bring a massive GREEN flag... Wear a blue shirt...

Send the flag down the aisle - have the fans start to unravel it...

Before they notice - TA-DA! Toronto FC logo on it...!!!

:D

Genius! Pure Genius! Way to go Carts! :D

james
01-20-2012, 08:18 AM
well if there is some TFC fans going to seattle it would be a rather small group. So they might not even bothered selling them yet, maybe closer to the date they might set aside 50-200 tickets for away fans or something like that.

Yohan
01-20-2012, 10:44 AM
well if there is some TFC fans going to seattle it would be a rather small group. So they might not even bothered selling them yet, maybe closer to the date they might set aside 50-200 tickets for away fans or something like that.
it's a league rule to set aside some tix for away fans

MartinUtd
01-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I'll be going.. LA too. Just waiting on a friend to confirm if he's coming with me. I plan on emailing the FO and asking for the away section.

Speaking of which.. when is new membership for 2012 happening? I'm hoping to get access to the away trip forum before... the away trip.

james
01-20-2012, 10:58 AM
it's a league rule to set aside some tix for away fans

i wish they adjusted that rule a bit, when TFC play teams that are to far away for away fans to travel to Toronto such as LA, Houston, Dallas then there isn't much point on keeping more then 30 tickets or maybe even less then that aside for away fans. But when say Chicago, Montreal, Columbus, DC come to town teams that might actually bring supporters they should save at least 500 tickets aside (1,000 for Montreal fans) and if they don't sell all the away tickets within a few weeks of the game they should just sell them off to Toronto fans. It makes a much better atmosphere having away fans as saving only 100 tickets like BMO does for away fans really doesn't make a difference to the atmosphere, to few to make much noise and can't be herd from the south End. Same goes for other teams when Toronto plays away, we got the best travelling fans in the league still to date, they should always have seats aside for us, exspecially when playing teams in the East!

TFCwestcan
01-20-2012, 07:23 PM
You will enjoy Seattle. Generally the Pacific Northwest 'gets it' when it comes to soccer. Seattle fans are very laid back and accomodating.

Yes I have been to Portland once for a game and many times on holiday, and they "get it" in many ways. But I will remember the cool Timbers Army fans who partied with us, bought us beer shook our hands and wished us luck.

By the sounds of things we will have a hand full of TFC supporters. Yeah

TFCwestcan
01-20-2012, 07:24 PM
I can look into ticketing, as I still get spammed from their FO at every single opportunity on group ticket sales.

Stay tuned.

If time permits, I'll do LA March 14, then Seattle right after. Only if time permits..

Hey Pekduck I do hope you can make it.

MartinUtd
01-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Speaking of LA match, I just got word back from their FO about tickets

Hi Martin,

Thank you for email. We have yet to go on sale with tickets for the CCL match on March 14th
against Toronto FC. For our matches, we do have a designated away supporters section by
in Sections 116-117. We are expected to go on sale with the tickets a month prior to the match,
so please check back in the second week of February.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,
Customer Service
LA Galaxy

pekduck
01-24-2012, 10:47 AM
^
We are in talk with LA FO, they are not organized yet. Martin, I'll PM you later.

MartinUtd
01-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Thanks, Kevin.

Now how about helping out a prospective member with away trip forum access :D

EastYork
01-25-2012, 04:11 PM
This is the person who I dealt with at the Seattle front office when I went there last season.
Chris Baretta
ChrisBa@SoundersFC.com

TFCwestcan
01-25-2012, 05:28 PM
This is the person who I dealt with at the Seattle front office when I went there last season.
Chris Baretta
ChrisBa@SoundersFC.com

Thank you sir, will look into tickets.

dow117
01-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Went to Seattle games twice... decent folk there and the town is pretty darn nice to walk around. Both times, had pre match beers at Fados Irish Pub and there are quite a few seattle supporters there and it was all good.... may even be there this year, not sure yet

nfitz
01-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Thank you sir, will look into tickets.Any news on this ... I should phone them to make a similar enquiry this week.

TFCwestcan
01-29-2012, 11:37 PM
I touched base with Chris Barretta (see above email) and he can give us a group away team rate, the problem is that he wants a limited amount of credit cards for the purchase. I will touch base with him on Monday and let him know that the group is not that organized. Any of the RPB away team folks that might be able to help would be welcome. Despite my efforts I am not an official RPB member so I don't have access to the away info.

It would be interested to know who is coming for sure.

nfitz
01-30-2012, 10:50 AM
It would be interested to know who is coming for sure.I can probably co-ordinate with U-Sector (not sure if anyone else is going). What's the rate? Which section?

I'll probably be in for 4 ... need to confirm (I'm 100% there myself - plane tickets in hand).

Is RPB doing anything?

TFCwestcan
01-30-2012, 07:46 PM
nfitz, this is what Chris sent to me...

I can help you guys out.! How many tickets are you wanting to purchase?
The Price Point will be $ 26 each discounted (Normally $42 through TICKETMASTER) so you’re getting a quality deal.

Let me know bud and we will get you guys all taken care of. 1 or 2 Cards for the purchase would be the best.

Not sure of the section that is another email I assume it is the away section, but that needs to be clarified.

nfitz
01-30-2012, 10:21 PM
nfitz, this is what Chris sent to me...

I can help you guys out.! How many tickets are you wanting to purchase?
The Price Point will be $ 26 each discounted (Normally $42 through TICKETMASTER) so you’re getting a quality deal.

Let me know bud and we will get you guys all taken care of. 1 or 2 Cards for the purchase would be the best.

Not sure of the section that is another email I assume it is the away section, but that needs to be clarified.Okay. Probably not a big issue - it is the section it is.

Is there anyone from RPB coming?

MartinUtd
01-30-2012, 10:28 PM
I need two tickets.. haven't bought my plane ticket yet so I should probably get on that.

Wull
01-31-2012, 07:44 AM
Okay. Probably not a big issue - it is the section it is.

Is there anyone from RPB coming?

I'm going with 2 others

nfitz
02-01-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm going with 2 othersSo if I'm keeping track here correctly:

Wull - 3
MartinUtd - 2
TFCwestcan - ?
nfitz - 4
pekduck - ???

and 1 more from U-sector.

I guess that's at least 10.

Anyone else? Probably shouldn't leave this for more than a week or so (their ticket sales start Feb 13th) ... Seattle does sell out, and this is their home-opener. I've been reading stories on the boards about Galaxy fans not being able to get Seattle tickets, because they sold the away section before they bought.

Anyone know if the tickets are sent electronically from Seattle? That would make it easier. Can use my credit card for some tickets (they only want one or two credit cards).

trane
02-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Somehow since I have started watching Portlandia, I hate seattle more.

London
02-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Somehow since I have started watching Portlandia, I hate seattle more.

the west sucks, straight up.

some of the most annoying people come from the pacific north west, it's like the trifecta of douchebag with vancouver portland and seattle

pekduck
02-01-2012, 11:23 AM
So if I'm keeping track here correctly:

Wull - 3
MartinUtd - 2
TFCwestcan - ?
nfitz - 4
pekduck - ???

Anyone else? Probably shouldn't leave this for more than a week or so (their ticket sales start Feb 13th) ... Seattle does sell out, and this is their home-opener. I've been reading stories on the boards about Galaxy fans not being able to get Seattle tickets, because they sold the away section before they bought.

Anyone know if the tickets are sent electronically from Seattle? That would make it easier. Can use my credit card for some tickets (they only want one or two credit cards).

I'm still TBD. Seattle does sell out but each team has away tickets set aside for 100 of them. They are the last to be released. As long as we're in touch, we'll be okay. Willcall pick up only or shipping as a group.

nfitz
02-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Willcall pick up only or shipping as a group.Shipping - as in hardcopy?

London
02-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Shipping - as in hardcopy?

yup,

kevin knows all about hard copy tickets and when hardcopy tickets dont show up

kev, you are the travel guru.

pekduck
02-01-2012, 11:56 AM
yup,

kevin knows all about hard copy tickets and when hardcopy tickets dont show up

kev, you are the travel guru.

and when hardcopy tickets are withheld at the border with a whopping $2000 import duty because some idiot FO decided to label the article as merchandise for resale in Canada :D

EastYork
02-01-2012, 11:56 AM
So if I'm keeping track here correctly:

Wull - 3
MartinUtd - 2
TFCwestcan - ?
nfitz - 4
pekduck - ???

From what I remember last year they mailed me the game tickets

TFCwestcan
02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Great to see this thread moving along, Chris said that he would hold the seats for in his words a week"ish" (from this past Monday). I need 1 ticket. I understand if some cannot commit until later but we should get organized sooner than later. We can email Chris as to the distribution of the tickets.

nfitz
02-01-2012, 03:10 PM
and when hardcopy tickets are withheld at the border with a whopping $2000 import duty because some idiot FO decided to label the article as merchandise for resale in Canada :Dpekduck - how do you suggest we proceed, given the circumstances?

MartinUtd
02-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Nfitz, thanks a lot for spearheading this.

I might be in for a 3rd but in the absence of confirmation, just assume I need the two. Regarding tickets, I imagine will-call would work the best. I did that last time I went to Seattle (well for one ticket, had to meet Kevin inside to get the other).

pekduck
02-01-2012, 03:17 PM
pekduck - how do you suggest we proceed, given the circumstances?

sending a PM to you now

nfitz
02-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Great to see this thread moving along, Chris said that he would hold the seats for in his words a week"ish" (from this past Monday). I need 1 ticket. I understand if some cannot commit until later but we should get organized sooner than later. We can email Chris as to the distribution of the tickets.TFCwestcan - check your PMs.

Wull
02-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Where are we at with this as of today?

nfitz
02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
pekduck, TFCwestcan, and I have been discussing by e-mail. TFCwestcan was going to discuss further with Seattle today.

TFCwestcan
02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
We should the ticket issue sorted out by early next week, we will keep all posted.

pekduck
02-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Ladies and gents.

Please find Gary's contact below to reach out to book your Seattle tickets at Away section (203). We have until end of Feb to do so before it is released to public. Approx $26 USD/ticket. Box office pick up at game day.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=174&pictureid=2957

Image so the internet crawler doesn't pick him up and spam him.

Wull
02-05-2012, 10:38 AM
I don't see anything

Wull
02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
spoke to Gary, got 3 in 203B

nfitz
02-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Ditto (by e-mail).

Also I tried to enquire on when one get get the tickets at will call. Is it just game day, or can you get them earlier the same week?

Wull
02-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Ditto (by e-mail).

Also I tried to enquire on when one get get the tickets at will call. Is it just game day, or can you get them earlier the same week?

I think earlier but I'll be there game day, Gary was fantastic to deal with so if you have any questions I'm sure he'd get you an answer

TFCwestcan
02-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Got my ticket looking forward to pioneer place for beers before the game! Anyone in Vancouver wanting a lift down on game day and back the next day hit me up!

MartinUtd
02-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Just booked my plane ticket :D

Btw.. anyone going to LA want to check out dirtyphonics after the game?

http://bassrush.com/event.php?event=556

jpopick
02-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Trying to extend my "business trip" to LA that week into a weekend in Seattle, but need to figure out how many tickets I'll need.

What are we doing about tickets for the game in LA? Still up in the air?

pekduck
02-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Just got word from LA yesterday.

Any one going to LA please PM me with your email address and the # of tickets needed. It's not going to be cheap $35 CAD, and the entire stadium has a 7500 max seating due to state agreement on HDC, we only have 116 seats reserved for TFC fans.

If we missed the cut off we miss the cut off. PM me no later than Thursday.

rowan
02-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Ladies and gents.

Please find Gary's contact below to reach out to book your Seattle tickets at Away section (203). We have until end of Feb to do so before it is released to public. Approx $26 USD/ticket. Box office pick up at game day.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=174&pictureid=2957

Image so the internet crawler doesn't pick him up and spam him.

I'm thinking about Seattle, but I won't know until I receive my work schedule later in the month. Do you have the final date to buy tickets from the FO before they go on public sale?

PureTFC
02-15-2012, 11:15 AM

Any one going to LA please PM me with your email address and the # of tickets needed. It's not going to be cheap $35 CAD, and the entire stadium has a 7500 max seating due to state agreement on HDC, we only have 116 seats reserved for TFC fans.

PM sent :)

TFCwestcan
02-16-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm thinking about Seattle, but I won't know until I receive my work schedule later in the month. Do you have the final date to buy tickets from the FO before they go on public sale?

Rowan, I would call Gary with a heads up, he may be able to set some aside, he gave me no ticket purchase deadline.

jpopick
02-16-2012, 06:05 PM

PM sent.

jpopick
02-22-2012, 06:16 AM
Gary hooked me up with four for Seattle!

Thomas
02-23-2012, 10:42 AM
I realize that this is a bit off topic, but I am here at the Wesin resort in Cancun, and the whole Sounders team is here. They are playing Atlanta FC.

rowan
02-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Rowan, I would call Gary with a heads up, he may be able to set some aside, he gave me no ticket purchase deadline.

Thanks. Can someone re-post or PM me Gary's contact information - it doesn't seem to be showing up for me.

TFCwestcan
02-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks. Can someone re-post or PM me Gary's contact information - it doesn't seem to be showing up for me.

Check your PM.

rowan
02-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Check your PM.

Thanks!

Just got my ticket from Gary for the 17th. He said they've been pleased with the sales, around 30 tickets so far. I'm not sure if he mentioned this to everyone, but he's planning on sending out an e-mail to all those that have bought tickets to tell us where to meet and lead us in to the stadium :)

Quick question for the west coasters, has anybody used QuickCoach/Shuttle (http://www.quickcoach.com/) before? I'm planning on heading down from Vancouver and the commuter fares look pretty reasonable.

nfitz
02-28-2012, 09:11 PM
I was surprised to see my tickets show up in the (Canada Post) mail yesterday. I thought they were at the On Call desk.

Though I did give him my mailing address ...

Makes life easier.

I haven't used that bus before. I've always just used Amtrak's bus service - which runs from the train station (near the stadium) instead of the bus station.

nfitz
02-28-2012, 10:00 PM
BTW, I'll be easy to spot. I'll have the wife and 4-year old in tow ... both of whom will disappoint me by not wearing enough red (though if I could find a long TFC dress in a 4X ...

Also, I must confess, I'll have my wife's Aunt with me, who is from Seattle. However, she's a huge Huskies (U of Washington) fan, but has watched a soccer game before. She's in her 60s, so I don't think she'll give us much trouble :-). Though I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up sitting ... along with my wife actually, whose pregnant. But perhaps if I ply her with enough beer, we can get her bouncing up and down supporting Toronto.

Looking at the tickets that came ... looks like I got row A of 203 - which appears to be the front row looking at http://www.seats3d.com/mls/seattle_sounders_fc/ ... looks to be about 7 seats in a row except the front row. So I'd guess with 30 seats, we are looking at Rows A through D and perhaps part of E (I assume that's how they do it there).

LesRougez116
02-28-2012, 10:11 PM
along with my wife actually, whose pregnant. But perhaps if I ply her with enough beer, we can get her bouncing up and down supporting Toronto.

:sosp::sosp::sosp:

nfitz
02-28-2012, 11:23 PM
:sosp::sosp::sosp:LOL.

Wull
02-29-2012, 07:45 AM
I was surprised to see my tickets show up in the (Canada Post) mail yesterday. I thought they were at the On Call desk.

Though I did give him my mailing address ...

Makes life easier.

yeah mine showed up yesterday instead of waiting for me at will call ......

TFCwestcan
03-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Roll call for the Seattle game?

Saturday is Saint Patrick's day, we will be even more noticeable with our lack of green. Ugh, green beer.

RC8
03-11-2012, 02:16 PM
LOL.

UrbanToronto nfitz?

Wull
03-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Roll call for the Seattle game?

Saturday is Saint Patrick's day, we will be even more noticeable with our lack of green. Ugh, green beer.

Packed and ready to begin the journey tomorrow :scarf:

MartinUtd
03-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Packed and ready to begin the journey tomorrow :scarf:

Going to LA as well?

And yep! I'll be there for both games :D

Wouldn't mind meeting up with some people in LA prior to the match. Where's everyone staying? I have a Ramada in West Hollywood.

TFCwestcan
03-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Going to LA as well?

Wouldn't mind meeting up with some people in LA prior to the match. Where's everyone staying? I have a Ramada in West Hollywood.

Which brings up the question does anyone want to meet up at a pub prior to the Seattle game? I found this pub which has good reviews close to century link, and it is not an irish bar which I think is important seeing that it is March 17th.

Collins Pub
526 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, United States

PM or respond on this forum, Time: TBA

MartinUtd
03-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Don't see why not. I sent this link to my buddy who I'm meeting in Seattle.

Wull
03-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Going to LA as well?

Yeah, fly out tomorrow morning, staying somewhere in Torrance

Wull
03-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Which brings up the question does anyone want to meet up at a pub prior to the Seattle game? I found this pub which has good reviews close to century link, and it is not an irish bar which I think is important seeing that it is March 17th.

Collins Pub
526 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, United States

PM or respond on this forum, Time: TBA

I'll have a word with the guys and see what's going on, will keep it in mind, should be flying in around midday Saturday

MartinUtd
03-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Yeah, fly out tomorrow morning, staying somewhere in Torrance

Pretty far away from where I am.. it's probably easier to head straight down to HDC than coordinate anything.

TFCwestcan
03-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Ok, if interested let’s meet at

Collins Pub
526 2nd Avenue, Seattle, at 4:45 – 5:00.

A couple of links below

http://gosounders.com/about/visitors/

http://www.thecollinspub.com/

Cheers looking forward to chatting the the travelling contingent up from La with smiles on their faces.

Cheers

nfitz
03-15-2012, 01:11 PM
UrbanToronto nfitz?Uh oh ... who did I offend. :)

Won't make the pre-game ... need to keep a 4-year old going until 9 pm ...

TFCwestcan
03-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Uh oh ... who did I offend. :)

Won't make the pre-game ... need to keep a 4-year old going until 9 pm ...

No worries, we will see you at the game.

Dunkers
03-16-2012, 02:44 PM
just a thought being st pattys day in the emerald city. I have a few mates at work who are from settle, and they all recomend kell's. 2 storeys plus an outdoor beer garden, music starts at noon and its just as close as collins to the staduium.

see here for st pattys day festivities
http://www.kellsirish.com/seattle/sp2012_release.php

map
http://www.kellsirish.com/seattle/map.php

It is $20 bucks, but my thought is we pay early in the afternoon, enjoy some beers and irish music, go to the game, and then since we should have wristbands/stamps, we can come back after the game for round 2

Wull
03-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Does anyone who was at the game want to make sure anything in particular is brought up when I speak to the supporters council about the setup in Seattle? I thought their security was very poor and there were a few incidents that shouldn't ever happen

TFCwestcan
03-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Does anyone who was at the game want to make sure anything in particular is brought up when I speak to the supporters council about the setup in Seattle? I thought their security was very poor and there were a few incidents that shouldn't ever happen

You mean aside from the sounders fans throwing stuff at us and taunting us when they scored?

Wull
03-27-2012, 06:56 PM
That will obviously be mentioned with the lack of organization in security being my main theme. Trying to put Sounders fans in with us was also very troubling. Were there any specific incidents or conversations that would be worth bringing up? I'm less annoyed with their fans than I am with their preparation for away fans.

MartinUtd
03-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Just the fat man getting in my face. He was harmless though and chilled out towards the end of the game. I'm sure if they had even one guy on security in the section none of that or the food throwing would have happened. Pretty big contrast compared to how well the LA staff handled it, and that game was empty.

jpopick
03-28-2012, 06:11 AM

Definitely night and day compared to LA. I expect some ribbing, but the presence of just one single security guard would have been nice.

The sad thing is, as an American, I couldn't even take part in our "free healthcare" rebuttal . . .

TFCwestcan
03-28-2012, 12:08 PM
That will obviously be mentioned with the lack of organization in security being my main theme. Trying to put Sounders fans in with us was also very troubling. Were there any specific incidents or conversations that would be worth bringing up? I'm less annoyed with their fans than I am with their preparation for away fans.

Such a difference to Portland game it attended last year when some Timbers army guys came over and welcomed us. There was a guard at the bottom of the stairs with clear view of the away area. They did seat some Portland fans in the away area like Seattle but they were decent folk.

Crazy Canuck
03-28-2012, 01:53 PM
I've been to Seattle for a game, I just grabbed the tix off of ticketmaster, though i didn't sit in the visitors supporters section. with that said, i drank with my wife before the game in a bar in TFC gear and all the fans from Seattle were surprisingly cool and down to chat.

As for tix availability, I agree, don't think teams are doing single tix games yet. I moved down to SF and the San jose tix don't go up until later this week.

Best of luck, have a great time. It's a great place to see a game, Ive seen both TFC and the Canadian soccer team in that stadium.

Lucky You to have seen Canada play against Brazil in Seattle, that was a proud moment for me to have lost 3-2 and by only one goal. De Guzman and Rob Friend Goals were world class. I forget who it was but we had a chance to tie on a break away but the forward miss the empty net.

Canada was truly organized and hungered to score.

nfitz
04-01-2012, 11:56 AM
I thought things went relatively well. No security around most of the time (though I noticed we were suddenly quite surrounded at the end of the game - perhaps that's when they figured the risk was), but there was consistently an attendant nearby ... and presumably security would have been there quick if there were any real issues.

But being at the bottom, I never figured out what was going on further up.

Not sure what they were thinking with that couple with Seattle tickets ... did they have the SAME seats as someone else? A bit odd, but after they stopped to think about it, they dealt with it okay.

Everyone I bumped into in the Stadium, on transit, and even standing at a bus stop before getting to the game seemed very welcoming (or just kept quiet). And several people walked up to us at the bottom and were quite welcoming.

I really wouldn't make a big deal of what might not have worked. Unless I missed something that was going on.