Feb.25 6pm Orlando City Soccer vs Toronto FC

Feb.28 6 p.m.Toronto FC vs B.K. Hacken

Mar.1 6 p.m.Toronto FC vs FC Dallas

Mar.3
6 p.m.Consolation Game: TBD vs TBD
8 p.m.Championship Game: TBD vs TBD

Auzzy
01-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Whatever game they're in on March 3rd, I hope that TFC mostly plays the kids...

tictoc
01-13-2012, 09:12 AM
I agree. Play our starters on the 1st so they can get some rest ahead of the CCL game.

I would also like to say that seeing this thread this morning made me happy. The season is almost here!

KGH
01-13-2012, 10:09 AM

For pre-seasons can't we do wholesale changes at half? I'd like the first squad to get as much time together before the CCL match. Let them play the first 45 and then sub em all.

iy12l
01-22-2012, 11:04 PM
i hard it would be open on the 23rd but is it true

TFCwestcan
01-22-2012, 11:18 PM
About dam time. With an almost normal mundane offseason by TFC standards it has seemed long. Still awaiting to hear when the SA players are confirmed to be at least in camp and /or signed.

daner90
01-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Is there anyway of finding out if any of the sessions will be open to the public. I know it is unlikely but I am off the next few weeks and would love to check it out.

Oldtimer
01-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Camp is opening the 23rd.

Strikers
01-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Players are already tweeting that there in Toronto for the beginning of training camp Monday which is today. :D

J .
01-23-2012, 01:35 AM
I am excited about it, I dont feel the team has done enough to improve to make the playoffs they are still the same team that won only one game in the final month.

Lots of work to be done, hopefully they will find some talent to bring over or we are in trouble, again.

That said, I dont want this merry-go-round of players they bring in every offseason, target a few to make the leap from horrible to playoff, I think we are close enough that with the right additions to the backend, another winger and a true AM (trade JDG to free up a DP slot) and we are good to go in my books :D

Shway
01-23-2012, 01:51 AM
15 yr old Jordan Hamilton will be in camp (academy product)

J .
01-23-2012, 07:32 AM
The 2012 season is slowing approaching in a quick fashion. The days drag but in a few moments of time we will be chanting our favourites watching the Reds continue their quest for glory.

With Pre-season commencing, what is your take on the current version of the Reds? Ready to go? Needs help?

Will they be able to make the playoffs or will it be another futile season?

Happy few additions have been made? Concerned they have not done enough?

Looking forward to something in particular or perhaps dreading?

:scarf:

Lucky Strike
01-23-2012, 07:47 AM
A lot of question marks remain over the defence, in my view. While we'vre consistently heard that Eckersley will return, rumours that Aceval and Caicedo will sign (and not like the Mo-type rumours where a Brazilian, a Frenchman and a Dutch walk into the TFC training ground...), nothing is formalized yet. And with the exit of Iro, though he was pretty awful, it's still one less body on the back line.

Also, we need to strengthen the CF position: Koevermans is arguably the best striker in the league but what happens if he gets injured. Who else can take over for him and do a job? Some might say Ryan Johnson could and to an extent it's true but the depth is still lacking. Vukovic from the TFCA has been a name that's been brandied about but I don't really know much about him other than his tall stature; he's unproven in MLS.

Despite that, TFC is probably in the best position it's ever been to start a preseason. No one rushing to the airport to meet the team in Columbus and undergo a physical while others are warming up...

TFC/Everton
01-23-2012, 08:02 AM
15 yr old Jordan Hamilton will be in camp (academy product)

Good stuff. Any insight on him?

__wowza
01-23-2012, 08:50 AM
i hard it would be open on the 23rd but is it true

i hate that i'm to have to see this post first when i check to see what's eventually going to be a 100+ comment thread.

denime
01-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Threads merged.

Greatest Ripoff
01-23-2012, 09:01 AM

Here is some stuff form the Voyageurs board:

"I saw him play for Ontario at U14 nationals 2 or 3 years ago in Laval thinking this kid is not 13, he was just a big body decimating kids a year older then him, I then saw him in the National u-17 team in a camp after those nationals in Laval take on the Montreal Reserves and he looked completely out of place.. but hey, its a 13 year old taking on a national jersey. I recently saw him play in the summer against Montreal Impact for TFCA and I can tell you he was a whole different player. He was beating our starting U20 National RB every time down the left, whether it was his tremendous speed or his fancy footwork and great technical ability. I believe he even scored the goal in TFCA 3-1 loss if I remember correctly. TFCA has really done a good job with this kid, he's 15 out playing grown men. As for a pro team is he ready? He could be. He's got all the tools to be a great player and great potential. I just hope TFC don't lose him to Europe like they have just lost Carreiro and Petrasso."

"I'd say in his earlier years he was a freakish athlete, now he's not the biggest player nor strongest. Just a very fast, skill full 1v1 goal scorer. IMO.. He reminds me of Remy out of France, or a Balotelli aside all the off field problems haha."

Shway
01-23-2012, 02:01 PM

Hes is one of my good friends younger brother.

He is the definition of a Canadian Early Eliter Bloomer,

at 15 he's 6'1, and has played with the historic U-17 team last year in the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers at the age of 14!, (and tallied a goal & assist).

He's very technical, excellent aerial, a good 1v1 striker, with good finishing abilities.

I would say he's probably not first team ready, but training with the first team could only help him, but i would be surprised if he is not signed in the future.

Suds
01-29-2012, 10:43 AM
TFC is taking 41 players to camp. Here is the list of who is going: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/01/toronto-takes-41-preseason

I like the fact they have a number of academy kids going through camp with the senior team. Gives them experience and a chance for them and the coaches to measure where they are in their development with respect to the first team.

Red CB Toronto
01-29-2012, 10:51 AM
TFC is taking 41 players to camp. Here is the list of who is going: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/01/toronto-takes-41-preseason

I like the fact they have a number of academy kids going through camp with the senior team. Gives them experience and a chance for them and the coaches to measure where they are in their development with respect to the first team.

This is very interesting as there is not a single external trialist on this list. What a change from the previous years of guys coming and going almost every day. I was reading the New York Post and said the Red Bulls had 13 trialists in camps.

prizby
01-29-2012, 11:01 AM
no aceval?

Red CB Toronto
01-29-2012, 11:31 AM
no aceval?

I guess he is not signed yet officially.

prizby
01-29-2012, 11:34 AM
I guess he is not signed yet officially.

he's not in camp either according to that article

Suds
01-29-2012, 11:43 AM
If you recall the questions during TFC media day they eluded to another signing but would not confirm the name of the person and said it was not yet official. This is most likely why Aceval is not on the list. He's not being brought here on trial. TFC is trying to sign him to a contract. Until a contract is signed he's not involved with TFC.

prizby
01-29-2012, 12:09 PM
If you recall the questions during TFC media day they eluded to another signing but would not confirm the name of the person and said it was not yet official. This is most likely why Aceval is not on the list. He's not being brought here on trial. TFC is trying to sign him to a contract. Until a contract is signed he's not involved with TFC.

but he's not in camp either

Red CB Toronto
01-29-2012, 12:23 PM
but he's not in camp either

I think it simple, he will only be in camp if and when he is signed officially to a contract. Some guys get to a point where they do not trial, it simple you want me, sign me. Not saying this is the case here, but situations like that have occurred in the past.

ArmenJBX
01-29-2012, 12:34 PM
It's kinda strange that we have no more dutch players coming in, isn't it?
That means Aron Winters contacts have so far yielded Bouchiba, Soolsma and Martina from Holland...and not much else

DOMIN8R
01-29-2012, 12:42 PM
....and big Danny K, of course. 4 players in 1 year from Holland is alot IMO.

ArmenJBX
01-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about him!

Anyway, I thought he'd have a couple more players coming in this year, since only Soolsma and Koevermans were impactful last year

mowe
01-29-2012, 01:14 PM
^ I'd guess international spots have something to do with that. Plus their philosophy is to prefer academy kids over bringing in new players.

Winter seems confident that the team he had by the end of last year is good enough to compete this year (apart from the back line). Caicedo, Lambe, and Hall were the only major additions. I hope he's right, and I guess we'll see what the benefits are of having the roster set from the start of training camp.

Speaking of which, I wonder why TFC started their camp a week after most clubs. Montreal had already played 3 preseason games before TFC's first day on the pitch. Seems kinda weird.

Canary10
01-29-2012, 01:23 PM
I've heard Bouchiba is very good. He might be a bit of a nice surprise this year.

Darlofletch
01-29-2012, 03:31 PM
It's kinda strange that we have no more dutch players coming in, isn't it?
That means Aron Winters contacts have so far yielded Bouchiba, Soolsma and Martina from Holland...and not much else

or it's the realisation that europeans are more expensive and the bargain prices we need to pay to get under the cap only get players of a certain quality from Europe, so they're now concentrating on other areas.

moralis
01-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Looks like Victor Turcios who earlier was supposed to join TFC on trial will join the Vancouver Whitecaps in Arizona where they are preseason training.

Es oficial.!! Victor Turcios viaja este Martes 31 rumbo a Phoenix Arizona donde se incorpora a la pre-temporada del WhiteCaps de Vancouver.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%ADctor_Turcios

http://twitter.com/#!/AVSPORTS_ES/st...10248446738432 (http://twitter.com/#%21/AVSPORTS_ES/status/163710248446738432)

http://twitter.com/#!/search/Victor%20Turcios (http://twitter.com/#%21/search/Victor%20Turcios)

I listened to interview from the President of his club saying TFC management took to long in deciding to take him on trial. Colorado Rapids were also interested. Said Whitecaps decided quickly to take him. Interesting becasue Vancouver has very issues with having too many internationals and not enough spots.

We will soon sign Miguel Aceval, but we need a left sided defender. Aceval can play that position, but he's more of a left back/midfielder like Yourassousky. Maybe TFC management was not sure of the injury he had in Europe while on trial with European clubs. From what I read the injury was not serious. Maybe it was issue with international roster spots. Who knows.

Hopefully TFC can bring in a left sided defender soon.

JuliquE
01-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Turcios is shorter, younger and comes with less pedigree. I'm also not sure if he's able to comfortably play more than one position.

Aceval is more likely the "leader" presence we're looking for (older/experienced), not to mention his size and versatility advantage. Since we're in such bad shape, defensively, I think these attributes are better fitting to our current circumstances.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-29-2012, 06:58 PM
tho aceval can play mid and fullback positions if im not mistaken he prefers the centreback position

Auzzy
01-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Speaking of which, I wonder why TFC started their camp a week after most clubs. Montreal had already played 3 preseason games before TFC's first day on the pitch. Seems kinda weird.

Montreal is a brand new team, with no game experience together. I can see them needing more time in particular.

What came out of the media day interviews and some tweets, was that many TFC players were actually here before the official beginning of camp Jan. 23, and were working on their fitness, coming down to BMO to work with the trainers, etc. Not sure why they started later than some of the other teams -- but I did think that was useful info.

Oldtimer
01-29-2012, 08:13 PM
I personally would not like it if TFC was excessively Dutch. Four (including 1 of 3 DPs) is just about right. I would prefer more Latin American players to more Dutch, the cost/skill ratio is much more favourable.

KGH
02-01-2012, 05:02 PM
So are we not playing any games until the 25th? Will that really allow the guys to get match fit and comfortable in a game situation for the 7th?

Oldtimer
02-01-2012, 08:58 PM
So are we not playing any games until the 25th? Will that really allow the guys to get match fit and comfortable in a game situation for the 7th?

Winter's philosophy is to focus more on practice and learning the system than on preseason play. I guess results will show if this is the right approach.

polak9pete
02-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm sure they'll play some friendlies against the local schools like every other year ..there's no way theyre gonna only practice that whole time until the 25th

gracos
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I know its only preseason however Montreal is beating Los Angeles 2-0, if we can beat Montreal, we should have a basic time with LA

deschamp86
02-14-2012, 02:38 PM
They're missing Donovan and Keane

gracos
02-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for updating me, I thought their whole team, was there, i was like this going to be too easy to get through

brad
02-14-2012, 03:01 PM
So many factors can affect pre-season results - where each team is with match fitness, if they are trying out new tactics and/or players, ect

Remember that winning is often a secondary goal in these matches - one that usually sits well behind gaining fitness and avoiding injuries.

I remember once game a few years back where a top European team got outplayed and beaten in a preseason match by a team from a few divisions below. The big team had done an intense physical training session the morning of the match and the players were tired going into the match. It was a tactic used by their fitness coaches to get their physical fitness up quicker apparently.

Detroit_TFC
02-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Match ended 3-0. Agree with brad, hard to draw conclusions. If any of the TFC trialists are under serious consideration they will get a run out in some of the Mickey Mouse matches. Clearly that would put us at a disadvantage for winning a particular match (unless opponents are doing the same).

Having said that, I did lol at the result for the Gals.

Follow up game with Chivas USA went 1-0 Chivas

jloome
02-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Match ended 3-0. Agree with brad, hard to draw conclusions. If any of the TFC trialists are under serious consideration they will get a run out in some of the Mickey Mouse matches. Clearly that would put us at a disadvantage for winning a particular match (unless opponents are doing the same).

Having said that, I did lol at the result for the Gals.

Follow up game with Chivas USA went 1-0 Chivas

Without Gonzalez, LA basically has an experimental backline led by 5'9 AJ Delagarza. They lost 4-1 to Portland a few days ago.

Be interesting to see, with their offense, how many 3-3 and 4-4 games the Galaxy ring up this year.

Yohan
02-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Without Gonzalez, LA basically has an experimental backline led by 5'9 AJ Delagarza. They lost 4-1 to Portland a few days ago.

Be interesting to see, with their offense, how many 3-3 and 4-4 games the Galaxy ring up this year.
It's like seeing improved version of 08 LA Galaxy

TFC/Everton
02-14-2012, 09:21 PM

Danny K and Plata might be able to exploit their weak defense.

jloome
02-15-2012, 07:18 PM

LOL, minus Ty Harden

Luanda
02-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Is there no RPB representation in training camp?
The media is starving us to death with meager news/information.

ManUtd4ever
02-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Considering TFC's long standing tradition of off season turmoil, it almost feels like the silence is golden, LOL.

That being said, I do hope the pre-season media coverage increases when the games begin.

dantdot
02-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Asif tweeted TFC's playing the University of South Florida tomorrow. No footage though.

elironico
02-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Scrimmage tomorrow, USouthFla...but then, you already knew.

Canary10
02-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Just saw Reggie Lambe tweet "game today." I was wondering what that meant, but you guys got there first. Wonder if we'll actually see a score or game synopsis.

mowe
02-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Asif tweeted TFC's playing the University of South Florida tomorrow. No footage though.

Excellent. This has been one of my biggest concerns of preseason. Hopefully they have another couple scrimmages before the Disney cup.

Blizzard
02-17-2012, 02:24 PM

Why no footage though? Last year we were getting footage of matches in Antalya. This year we can't get footage from Florida???

Shway
02-17-2012, 02:33 PM
heres hoping they win by more then 3 goals, or else this forum will have something new to talk about, and fuel the "is it enough preparation"

Dv23
02-17-2012, 03:09 PM
The only reason I can think of for the lack of coverage is that they don't want LA to have seen them play before March 7th.

Canary10
02-17-2012, 03:13 PM
The Disney Cup games will be broadcast on MLS apparently. But that's it. I think it is a strategy of Winter's to fly under the radar right now.

Anyone have any idea if they won today (or even if they've played yet)?

dantdot
02-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Why no footage though? Last year we were getting footage of matches in Antalya. This year we can't get footage from Florida???

That was just a presumption by me based on Asif saying coverage starts next week. Also, they've been down there a week and we've seen literally nothing.

dantdot
02-17-2012, 05:47 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/02/toronto-face-usf-friday

Games at 7pm. No coverage, just tweets.

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 06:46 PM
From Twitter:

Toronto FC
#TFC Starting XI v. USF: Frei; Henry, Harden, Aceval, Morgan; Silva, Frings, Dunfield; Soolsma, Johnson, Plata

Interesting mix. Some veterans missing: testing a few players.

dantdot
02-17-2012, 07:10 PM
5' Luis Silva has opened his account. Welcome Luis: USF 0-1 #TorontoFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TorontoFC) .. #TFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TFC) #MLS (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23MLS)

Silva with his first goal already. Niiiiice.

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Niiiice!

Where's Pookie these days? I was hoping he could create a little video of Silva's goal... :D

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Niiiice x 2:

It's raining in Orlando. Goals that is. Silva again. USF 0-2

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:22 PM
BTW, according to the Weather Network, supposedly it's 23 degrees & light rain in Orlando...

dantdot
02-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Sweeeeet. I know it's a college team but surely it can't hurt. Moar!

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:25 PM
^ Agreed.

Taking bets, who's going to score next, I'm awaiting a tweet at 7:29 pm. Maybe it's Johnston's turn?

Red CB Toronto
02-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Good to see Silva with the scoring touch.

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh, I was wrong. It was already at 7:25 pm. Plata this time:

20' Plata preying on USF. The Ecuador international strikes in Orlando: USF 0-3 #TorontoFC .. #TFC #MLS

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:28 PM
LOL, 7:27 pm:

Save some space on the score sheet for Soolsma. 23' USF 0-4

Red CB Toronto
02-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Good one Plata, 3-0 Reds

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Good one Plata, 3-0 Reds

Too slow. :D

Red CB Toronto
Good one Plata, 3-0 Reds

Man my bad, the goals keep on coming, forgot to refresh my twitter.

dantdot
Oh dear. You still want it to be semi-competitive though. Hell, sub in the kit man.

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:30 PM
^ Aren't there still a couple of Academy kids down there? I wonder if they can play in this game w/o being signed. Maybe they will take care of the 2nd half.

dantdot
02-17-2012, 07:33 PM
^ Aren't there still a couple of Academy kids down there? I wonder if they can play in this game w/o being signed. Maybe they will take care of the 2nd half.

Probably get them and the trialists in there next half. Can't see why they wouldn't be allowed but no idea.

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Just a reminder that TFC beat USF 1-0 on Valentines Day 2010...

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Just so we can get something visual for a change, here's the goal from that game two years ago, scored by TFC trialist Vincent Kayizzi. (WhoTF?)

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1608

Kaz
02-17-2012, 07:42 PM
That is a good sign then that our regulars are able to score this year against a college team. This is what the score line should look like.

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Well, that took a while, I was almost starting to panic :D

38' Terry Dunfield drives one home from outside the 18-yard box: USF 0-5 #TorontoFC .. #TFC #MLS

iy12l
02-17-2012, 07:47 PM
will the be highlights posted when the game is done atleast??

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:48 PM
^ Nope, no highlights AFAIK, the TFC video team isn't getting there until next week.

ArmenJBX
02-17-2012, 07:52 PM
There will be no highlights for this game :(

iy12l
02-17-2012, 07:52 PM
we will destroy this league this season

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:53 PM
we will destroy this league this season

Ha ha yes we will, in case we get demoted to NCAA. :D

Halftime, 0-5.

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Pretty strong lineup for 2nd half:

#TFC 2nd half lineup v. USF: Kocic; Eckersley, Caicedo, Maund, Bouchiba; Stinson, de Guzman, Avila; Lambe, Koevermans, Hamilton

Nerepis
02-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Man, Tweets of a pre-season game, Clicking Refresh on a RPB Game Thread and listening to The Red City Ramblers "12th of May" on ReverbNation... Life is good. I can almost feel the snow melting after a long cold winter.

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Hmmm, I would like Koevermans or Lambe or Avila or somebody to get a goal just about now...

jloome
02-17-2012, 08:27 PM
That urgency for the first game has been eating me up. Even this, watching tweets, is better than nothing.

Auzzy
02-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Oops, going the wrong way...

The locals claw one back: 75' USF 1-5 #TorontoFC .. #TFC #MLS

BTW, according to Asif, they also had some chances in the 1st half but couldn't score.

Detroit_TFC
02-17-2012, 08:39 PM
I wonder what is going on in the second half, doesn't sound like it is going as well.

Kaz
02-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Well Maud who is inexperienced is in the line up, and there may be some communication with language issues. Not too worried.

This is still a much better sign the last years start.

We've already scored as many goals in this one game as we did all of February last year.

Oldtimer
02-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Full time. A good practice run.

UltraSuperMegaMo
02-17-2012, 09:21 PM
TFC will dominate the Big East!

JackBauer24
02-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Now, we must be the favourites to claim the MICKEY MOUSE CUP!

Canary10
02-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Looks like TFC has another friendly tomorrow. Stefan Vokovic tweeted "afternoon off! Game tomorrow." Wonder who they're playing. Looks like they're getting enough game experience in, for those that were worried about it.

ArmenJBX
02-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Looks like TFC has another friendly tomorrow. Stefan Vokovic tweeted "afternoon off! Game tomorrow." Wonder who they're playing. Looks like they're getting enough game experience in, for those that were worried about it.

It's another florida university team

mowe
02-20-2012, 04:09 PM

I was one of the worried and this is great news. Hopefully another game after tomorrow and I will be satisfied heading into the Disney cup.

iy12l
02-20-2012, 05:10 PM
hope vukovic scores a lot of goals

Canary10
02-20-2012, 05:31 PM
I was one of the worried and this is great news. Hopefully another game after tomorrow and I will be satisfied heading into the Disney cup.

Yeah i was a bit too. The starting 11 for LA need a least one full 90 in preseason. They should be able to work up to that now.

Canary10
02-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Anyone know what time the game is today?

prizby
02-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Anyone know what time the game is today?

4PM against UCF

Canary10
02-21-2012, 11:31 AM
^ Thanks. With the social media crew down there now, I wonder if there'll be some video.

Kaz
02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Geez no wonder MLS teams failed in Florida, people don't want to even purchase the naming rights for the schools. They can't think up a more interest names than USF and UCF...

rocker
02-21-2012, 12:46 PM
we got a game today? awesome. I need some TFC news.

mowe
02-21-2012, 01:56 PM
The TFC twitter says there's nothing for the first team until Saturday. It's weird that they don't know about the game today.

Oldtimer
02-21-2012, 02:43 PM
The TFC twitter says there's nothing for the first team until Saturday. It's weird that they don't know about the game today.

Maybe the game is for the reserves/trialists.

Canary10
02-21-2012, 02:59 PM
They didn't really announce their first game either. They kind of just started live tweeting the game once it had started. I think they're just being low-key about it all.

Luanda
02-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Poor management of information flow!

gcolacci
02-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Apparently the game is 2-2

as per Dave Rowan.

dantdot
02-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Maybe the game is for the reserves/trialists.

That's exactly what it is.

It's 2-2.

Source: some tweets from a random kid in Florida :D

iy12l
02-21-2012, 04:45 PM
That's exactly what it is.

It's 2-2.

Source: some tweets from a random kid in Florida :D

who scored?

dantdot
02-21-2012, 04:48 PM
who scored?

Don't know.

polak9pete
02-21-2012, 06:12 PM
game ended 3-3..it was all academy kids, trialists and a few reserve guys

ArmenJBX
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Asked one of the players, the three goalscorers were Sergio Camargo, Stefan Vukovic and Oscar Cordon

Auzzy
02-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Yup, those were the goals. A bit of info on the game, and activities of the 1st team today, now in an article on the TFC website: A Day of Two Halves

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/02/day-two-halves

David_Oliveira
02-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Anyone else notice who that was with frings in the video?

Ageroo
02-22-2012, 05:13 AM
Anyone else notice who that was with frings in the video?

ha ha...good ol' Carts. Please tell me TSN supplied you with that outfit. ;)....not sure why he was wearing keeper mitts....

eiGf3yoUZI8#

denime
02-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Yup, those were the goals. A bit of info on the game, and activities of the 1st team today, now in an article on the TFC website: A Day of Two Halves

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/02/day-two-halves

and this too

On Saturday, the Walt Disney World Pro Soccer Classic starts with the Reds facing local juggernaut Orlando City Soccer Club, the USL Pro champion that recently held Toronto rival Philadelphia Union to a 1-1 draw. The match can be seen live here at TorontoFC.ca via a Major League Soccer stream from 6 p.m. ET.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-22-2012, 07:46 AM
are we playing dallas or dcu on march 1st?

Auzzy
02-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Toronto is playing Dallas on March 1st.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Walt_Disney_World_Pro_Soccer_Classic

Ossington Mental Youth
02-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Shpuld prob fix that above then

Yohan
02-22-2012, 11:23 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/preseason/2012/schedule

MLS pre season schedule

Desert Diamond Cup

NY vs RSL 8pm
LA vs New England 10pm

on mlssoccer.com

JonO
02-22-2012, 11:26 AM
ha ha...good ol' Carts. Please tell me TSN supplied you with that outfit. ;)....not sure why he was wearing keeper mitts....
Forget "Carts"... he should now be known as "Mitts"... my guess is he didn't want to wreck his manicure...

cochrdoc
02-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Can you believe the academy guys and maybe the trialist play a game vs ucf and the only thing on the web page is about the score and who scored and more about the first team training and some photo shoot of Frings.It is dissappointing to get so little info on how the new players are doing and the trialists.3-3 is not a very good reult vs a college team.I hope we do better vs Orlando a div. 3 team that beat us last year

Yohan
02-22-2012, 10:46 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/live/channel1

RSL vs NYRB right now

Oldtimer
02-22-2012, 10:53 PM
amazing how rusty they look

bman27
02-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Can you believe the academy guys and maybe the trialist play a game vs ucf and the only thing on the web page is about the score and who scored and more about the first team training and some photo shoot of Frings.It is dissappointing to get so little info on how the new players are doing and the trialists.3-3 is not a very good reult vs a college team.I hope we do better vs Orlando a div. 3 team that beat us last year

I don't see it as a huge deal, After the Chaos of the off season last year it seems like the staff are trying to make everything as low key as possible. as for the game, from what has been said it was a lot of trialists and reserve/ Academy team, we also don't know what style they were told to play ex. all out attack, etc etc, I wouldn't read into it too much

Yohan
02-22-2012, 10:59 PM
amazing how rusty they look
looks like reserve and youth team mostly for both teams. NY has a game vs Pumas tomorrow and expects to play first team

ag futbol
02-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Worse things have happened.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-23-2012, 05:27 PM
especially when it is a bunch of trialists and academy kids

Oldtimer
02-25-2012, 08:32 AM
We've decided to have separate threads for the Mickey Mouse games.

Orlando City SC vs. TFC will be here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1448774#post1448774